PDA

View Full Version : Omen for next week.

Jim44
15-05-2021, 06:35 PM
The third placed club in the Premier League has just won the FA Cup. Can the third placed club in the Scottish Premiership win the Scottish Cup?

lugz
15-05-2021, 06:35 PM
Yikes

greiggy
15-05-2021, 06:42 PM
The third placed club in the Premier League has just won the FA Cup. Can the third placed club in the Scottish Premiership win the Scottish Cup?

And last time leicester won silverware was 2016!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
15-05-2021, 06:42 PM

That’s it then let the party begin :greengrin

Onceinawhile
15-05-2021, 06:46 PM
Also worth noting that the last time a team in 3rd beat a team in blue in a final, was us at hampden.

Irish_Steve
15-05-2021, 06:46 PM
The team playing in blue didn`t win!!

southern hibby
15-05-2021, 07:19 PM
My Omen is we had a McGinn playing for us the
last time we won it.

GGTTH

O'Rourke3
15-05-2021, 07:30 PM
The team playing in blue didn`t win!!Who said they did?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Topographic Hibby
15-05-2021, 07:55 PM
On the morning of 21/5/16, I bought my local Rangers supporting barber a small green cake for a laugh.

Guess what he's getting next Saturday....:thumbsup:

overdrive
15-05-2021, 09:32 PM
I took my bed part on the Friday before the 2016 final as I was getting new carpets put in on the Monday.

I decided earlier that I will be taking my bed apart on Friday in preparation of my house move the next again week. It then dawned on me that hopefully that is an omen. I also couldn’t attend the final in 2016 and obviously won’t this year.

Itsnoteasy
16-05-2021, 12:40 AM
On the morning of 21/5/16, I bought my local Rangers supporting barber a small green cake for a laugh.

Guess what he's getting next Saturday....:thumbsup:

Surely it has to be a St Johnstone supporting barber this time.

HoboHarry
16-05-2021, 02:31 AM
When SDG scored the winner I was standing in the back of a moving van in Cleveland Ohio. Maybe I should rent a truck for the final this year.......

danhibees1875
16-05-2021, 07:03 AM

Hibs to release a maroon 4th strip for the final then? :dunno:

PPZPOL
16-05-2021, 07:26 AM
Our old flat was on the Links in 2016 (the singing went on for nights btw).

Anyway, went for a run the morning of the final, had nervous energy to deal with, went my usual route but when I was heading back down ER towards flat I diverted along Bothwell Street, over the bridge and round to the stadium, more specifically the back of the Famous Five. Kissed my hand, touched the stand and made a wish and off down St. Clair Street back to flat. There were supporters buses leaving the ground so plenty people milling about, could already feel atmosphere building (was v early). People must have thought I was bonkers...but guess what..that must have made the difference so who looks daft now😂

Need to do the same again this Saturday morning, problem is that I live in East Lothian now and have a toddler and a 6 month old....not told my wife yet so better get ready to drive up there early doors and get it done🤣

Before people start piling in with “it makes no difference what you do”. Yes yes yes, I know....but I’m still doing it.

JohnM1875
16-05-2021, 07:33 AM

Anyway, went for a run the morning of the final, had nervous energy to deal with, went my usual route but when I was heading back down ER towards flat I diverted along Bothwell Street, over the bridge and round to the stadium, more specifically the back of the Famous Five. Kissed my hand, touched the stand and made a wish and off down St. Clair Street back to flat. There were supporters buses leaving the ground so plenty people milling about, could already feel atmosphere building (was v early). People must have thought I was bonkers...but guess what..that must have made the difference so who looks daft now😂

Need to do the same again this Saturday morning, problem is that I live in East Lothian now and have a toddler and a 6 month old....not told my wife yet so better get ready to drive up there early doors and get it done🤣

Before people start piling in with “it makes no difference what you do”. Yes yes yes, I know....but I’m still doing it.

I disagree, it does make a difference! Do it and let's win this thing again on Saturday!

Bangkok Hibby
16-05-2021, 07:41 AM

Brilliant...do it! 👍🏻

Bristolhibby
16-05-2021, 07:42 AM

I do ***** like this all the time. Looking for things that contribute to the win.

Craic on mate.

J

StevesFamau5
16-05-2021, 07:46 AM

Anyway, went for a run the morning of the final, had nervous energy to deal with, went my usual route but when I was heading back down ER towards flat I diverted along Bothwell Street, over the bridge and round to the stadium, more specifically the back of the Famous Five. Kissed my hand, touched the stand and made a wish and off down St. Clair Street back to flat. There were supporters buses leaving the ground so plenty people milling about, could already feel atmosphere building (was v early). People must have thought I was bonkers...but guess what..that must have made the difference so who looks daft now[emoji23]

Need to do the same again this Saturday morning, problem is that I live in East Lothian now and have a toddler and a 6 month old....not told my wife yet so better get ready to drive up there early doors and get it done[emoji1787]

Before people start piling in with “it makes no difference what you do”. Yes yes yes, I know....but I’m still doing it.Something about that gave me goosebumps... Love it!

I think I have this right but the in 2016, Hibs won the cup beating a team in blue. Leicester won the league beating a team in blue. This year Leicester won the cup beating a team in blue and then...... I'm not going to finish it. I will wait for next week [emoji16]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Jones28
16-05-2021, 07:56 AM

Superb story, do what you gotta do.

Before the last final I’d finished a closing shift in the pub I worked at in Linlithgow, I went home about 1:30 and finished off a bottle of Highland Park.

I can’t do anything similar this time around, apart from have a dram and dream of what may be.

offshorehibby
16-05-2021, 10:15 AM
2016 i was offshore and missed my first Hibs cup final and all the after party (surprised Tamsons was still standing) again i'll be offshore from Wednesday. :grr::fuming::flag:

Lendo
16-05-2021, 10:16 AM
I came on to this thread thinking it was someone looking for a bar in Oman to watch the game.

Crunchie
16-05-2021, 10:23 AM
Guaranteed :aok:

Topographic Hibby
16-05-2021, 12:13 PM
Surely it has to be a St Johnstone supporting barber this time.
True, but on the basis he was supporting the team in blue in 2016 and he'll be supporting the team in blue in 2021, its as close as I can get.

Ain't going to Perth for a haircut....:greengrin

Green Reaper
16-05-2021, 12:18 PM
When SDG scored the winner I was standing in the back of a moving van in Cleveland Ohio. Maybe I should rent a truck for the final this year.......

Moving out of Cleveland I hope😂

Bangkok Hibby
16-05-2021, 01:42 PM
2016 i was offshore and missed my first Hibs cup final and all the after party (surprised Tamsons was still standing) again i'll be offshore from Wednesday. :grr::fuming::flag:

Feel for you. I was offshore too. Just me and my supervisor the only Hibbys on the platform.

HoboHarry
16-05-2021, 03:28 PM
Moving out of Cleveland I hope😂

It was my son moving there but it didn't take him long to see that Texas was a better place to be 😁

Moulin Yarns
16-05-2021, 03:40 PM
True, but on the basis he was supporting the team in blue in 2016 and he'll be supporting the team in blue in 2021, its as close as I can get.

Ain't going to Perth for a haircut....:greengrin

There are some decent barbers in Perth, but aye, a bit of a stretch. 😁

I watched the 2007 league Cup final on the Friday in 2016. Might have to be done again, followed by the 2016 scottish Cup final in the afternoon.

Phil MaGlass
16-05-2021, 03:57 PM
On the day of the final I was on the Clerie Hibs bus, the bus stopped for traffic lights as it entered Glasgow and no kidding, I looked to my left and above the doorway was a stone engraved with the date it was built, yep 1902. Fae that moment on I knew we were goin tae win and the rest as we say is history....

JohnMcM
16-05-2021, 04:12 PM
Omens can be good fun,,,,,,,,,,,,,usually. The day before the 2016 day of magic I let a large paving slab slip and it slid down my shin bone. Agony for hours.

I believe in omens and want the cup again so, anyone got a spare large and heavy paving slab I can borrow for a few painful seconds?:worried::rolleyes:

Zazu62
20-05-2021, 10:19 PM
Another omen Kilmarnock lost there 1st play off tie in 2016

s2hart
20-05-2021, 11:21 PM
2016 I was working on the Sunday aftwards, it was unusual, coincidentally I'm working again this Sunday. Kept and keeps my drinking in check despite the 10pm kick off time here.

147lothian
20-05-2021, 11:23 PM

Do it, we win our Saturday and your going to know why, brilliant story

Sir David Gray
20-05-2021, 11:23 PM
Another omen Kilmarnock lost there 1st play off tie in 2016

By one goal!

Austinho
21-05-2021, 04:07 AM
We knocked out Dundee United in the semi final in both 2016 and 2021...

ToulouseHibs
21-05-2021, 05:21 AM
Would be difficult to relive 2016 for me. Match day coincided with our wee daughter being released from hospital after 4 weeks from learning she was diabetic. We weren’t allowed home but were allowed to spend 2 or 3 hours in a local park. Being in France all I had to follow the match was Hibs.net.
Il treat my self to the TV this time but I will definitely be forcing my daughter to watch the match with me 😊

Since452
21-05-2021, 05:33 AM
We were the "away" team in 2016 and we are again.

147lothian
21-05-2021, 09:45 AM
We knocked out Dundee United in the semi final in both 2016 and 2021...

Also up against a team in blue in 2016 and 2021

scoopyboy
21-05-2021, 10:12 AM
A few of us at work do the Daily Mirror Quizword at morning break.

On Wednesday one of the answers was "Hibernia" and on Thursday an answer was "The Famous Five".

Signs am telling ye.

mcohibs
21-05-2021, 10:36 AM

Who said they did?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

No one, but St Johnstone play in blue so it's an omen :greengrin

ozwoody
21-05-2021, 11:33 AM
My first daughter was born in 2016, my second daughter was born last Monday , 17th May 2021.
My partner thinks "May" is for her month of birth, not as a homage to 2016

theonlywayisup
21-05-2021, 12:00 PM
The Rangers won a league title in 2016 and again in 2021.
Hibs won the Scottish Cup in 2016 and......................

HendoDelivered
22-05-2021, 10:55 AM
PPZOL, did you go for that run? :greengrin

PPZPOL
22-05-2021, 11:36 AM
PPZOL, did you go for that run? :greengrin

Done, cup is a formality now.

I hope that Hanlon, Stevenson, Gray and McGregor’s fitness levels haven’t dipped liked mine have in the last 5 years, toiling. I blame having kids tbh.

Over to the players now, my bit is done😂

CmoantheHibs
22-05-2021, 12:23 PM
It’s not really an omen as such, more of an observation but usually when the cup is won it is locked away in a trophy cabinet and observed through a pane of glass. When we won it in 2016 it was out and about, meeting loads of new friends having great fun and surrounded by happiness and joy. Never in its entire existence has the Scottish Cup been so revered, loved and cherished. It has a presence and that presence is craving that adulation again. That is why the Scottish Cup has decided it is coming back to Easter Road and no jumped up imposters from Perth are getting in it’s way.:wink::greengrin

Keyser Sauzee
22-05-2021, 12:27 PM
Fyvie won the FA cup as an unused sub with Wigan then went on to start for us as we won in 2016.

Matt Macey won the FA cup as an unused sub with Arsenal then went on to start for us in 2021.......