PDA

View Full Version : Celtic TV

pedroorange1875
15-05-2021, 01:26 PM
David Tanner and Gordan Strachan on Celtic TV just now

Sir David Gray
15-05-2021, 01:28 PM
Very poor post-match.

Brown isn't dead or retiring so I don't understand the obsession with talking about him so much.

BILLYHIBS
15-05-2021, 01:36 PM
:wtf:

Bring back Irvine Welsh

zitelli62
15-05-2021, 01:36 PM
I'm sure it was celtic tv today the amount they talked about him ffs he is only moving on it was a bit embarrassing at times.

Vault Boy
15-05-2021, 01:44 PM
I switched off pretty sharpish, but the fact they kept focusing on Scott Brown and not our own outgoing Ofir Marciano was really tone deaf. One brief mention would have covered it. A poor directorial and/or hosting decision.

hibee
15-05-2021, 01:46 PM
I switched off pretty sharpish, but the fact they kept focusing on Scott Brown and not our own outgoing Ofir Marciano was really tone deaf. One brief mention would have covered it.

They’ve talked about Marciano for the last 5 minutes, shown clips and had a decent interview with him after the game.

calumhibee1
15-05-2021, 01:47 PM
I switched off pretty sharpish, but the fact they kept focusing on Scott Brown and not our own outgoing Ofir Marciano was really tone deaf. One brief mention would have covered it. A poor directorial and/or hosting decision.

Yup.

Annoyed now as it seems there was decent interviews with Gray, McGregor and Ofir which I’ve now missed after turning off the Scott Brown love in.

hhibs
15-05-2021, 01:48 PM

Tanner is really not the man for Hibs tv. IMO

Vault Boy
They’ve talked about Marciano for the last 5 minutes, shown clips and had a decent interview with him after the game.

One brief mention for Brown I meant. Pre match, commentary, and post match all had fairly lengthy pieces on him.

I don't care all that much, I'll forget about it by this evening, but it just wasn't a great reading of the room. Glad Rocky got the spotlight he deserved in the end. :aok:

JimBHibees

Yep was good the bits on Rocky didn't think the Brown stufff was over the top.

DaveF
15-05-2021, 01:49 PM
Yup.

Annoyed now as it seems there was decent interviews with Gray, McGregor and Ofir which I’ve now missed after turning off the Scott Brown love in.

Aye, same here. Not difficult to prioritise the order of content discussion but once again Hibs TV fails.

hibee
15-05-2021, 01:50 PM
One brief mention for Brown I meant. Pre match, commentary, and post match all had fairly lengthy pieces on him.

I don't care all that much, I'll forget about it by this evening, but it just wasn't a great reading of the room. Glad Rocky got the spotlight he deserved in the end. :aok:

Just as well you’ve switched off since they’re interviewing Brown now but he’s had nothing but nice things to say about our club and the fans.

Booked4Being-Ugly
15-05-2021, 01:52 PM
Yup.

Exact same, turned it off after they were going on and on about Brown.

Wanted to see/hear Marciano ffs.

TAHibby
15-05-2021, 01:53 PM
Back to Brown again. Good stuff from hibs tv

pedroorange1875
15-05-2021, 01:54 PM
We dont need to borrow your trophy Scott, we won it in 2016, just because you didnt win it with Hibs, this is a disgrace

silverhibee
15-05-2021, 01:55 PM
David Tanner and Gordan Strachan on Celtic TV just now

Cliff & Tam were no better throughout the game, the big celtc rebuild, Scott brown, Ajer, Scott brown, and now it’s the Gordon Strachan show.

BILLYHIBS
15-05-2021, 02:11 PM
River City have signed Grant Stott on a pre-contract :greengrin

Not In The Know
15-05-2021, 02:12 PM
Watched the whole show and its been good.

15-05-2021, 02:15 PM
Watched the whole show and its been good.

Yeah I quite enjoyed it tbh

oneone73
15-05-2021, 02:18 PM

Not for me. Way too much about the Lesser Greens, not enough about the Hibs. Hope that's the last we'll see of Tanner.

Ardenttwo
15-05-2021, 02:40 PM

Anyone know what video that lassie was talking on at HT. She was brilliant talking about behind the scenes

Hibbyradge
15-05-2021, 02:41 PM
Anyone know what video that lassie was talking on at HT. She was brilliant talking about behind the scenes

This lassie?

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?352130-FFS-Sue-McLernon&p=6565017#post6565017

BILLYHIBS
15-05-2021, 02:46 PM

This

https://youtu.be/c_h0_QYaaqw

O'Rourke3
15-05-2021, 02:52 PM
Would the fact that Scott confirmed he had been speaking to Hibs about a return in the interview have made any difference?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
15-05-2021, 02:58 PM
I'm with practically everybody else on this. Scott Brown wasn't retiring, he is leaving Celtic to join the club we are striving to overtake as the third force in Scotland and he will be doing his utmost next season to make sure that doesn't happen. A nod to a long and distinguished career at a rival club would have been fine, especially for a guy who won a trophy with Hibs. But presentations on the pitch and half the show's content going on about him, nah not for me.

What Hibs TV need to be asking is this: If Scott Brown had joined Rangers on leaving Hibs and had exactly the same career with them how do they think Hibs fans would be reacting this afternoon if the same gushing accolades and presentations had been made. The truth is I doubt it would have happened and the very fact we all know that's the case is why the club is not helping itself against accusations of being far too chummy with Celtic ..... The fact is they are one cheek of the same arse that's been keeping clubs like us in the wilderness for decades and even stealing our fans, not just our players, and at times colluding with each other to ensure their dominance continues.

In short ............ get a grip Hibs and listen to the clubs fans, this ***** has to stop !!!

Eyrie
15-05-2021, 02:59 PM
I'm with practically everybody else on this. Scott Brown wasn't retiring, he is leaving Celtic to join the club we are striving to overtake as the third force in Scotland and he will be doing his utmost next season to make sure that doesn't happen. A nod to a long and distinguished career at a rival club would have been fine, especially for a guy who won a trophy with Hibs. But presentations on the pitch and half the show's content going on about him, nah not for me.

What Hibs TV need to be asking is this: If Scott Brown had joined Rangers on leaving Hibs and had exactly the same career with them how do they think Hibs fans would be reacting this afternoon if the same gushing accolades and presentations had been made. The truth is I doubt it would have happened and the very fact we all know that's the case is why the club is not helping itself against accusations of being far too chummy with Celtic ..... The fact is they are one cheek of the same arse that's been keeping clubs like us in the wilderness for decades and even stealing our fans, not just our players, and at times colluding with each other to ensure their dominance continues.

In sort ............ get a grip Hibs and listen to the clubs fans, this ***** has to stop !!!
:not worth

basehibby
15-05-2021, 04:27 PM
Slight over-reactions on here in my humble opinion. Strachan was the guest - and a very good one too. A famous Hibee who never played for the club but did manage the opposition and, indeed Brown. Brown's moving on from Celtic was an obvious talking point and Strachan had a good insight and plenty to say on the matter. And Brown, having come through the ranks at ER, won a cup here and gone on to captain Celtic and Scotland is someone not unworthy of recognition at ER. Yes his moving on from Celtic was the first topic to be discussed but the program went on to provide quality interviews with Marciano, Gray, Daz and Jack as well as Brown - who spoke very respectfully and quite emotionally about Hibs and his time at ER.

I agree that Hibs TV should definitely have as it's main focus all things Hibs, but that doesn't mean they have to ignore the rest of Scottish football entirely. When other talking points are unfolding in front of our eyes they should talk about it - and that's what they did today.

Crunchie
15-05-2021, 04:30 PM

In short ............ get a grip Hibs and listen to the clubs fans, this ***** has to stop !!!
:top marks

Danderhall Hibs
15-05-2021, 04:39 PM
If Celtic fans bought the match in did they get the same coverage as us? Is that why Strachan was on and maybe a bit of focus on Brown?

Sir David Gray
15-05-2021, 05:29 PM
If Celtic fans bought the match in did they get the same coverage as us? Is that why Strachan was on and maybe a bit of focus on Brown?

I've no idea but considering they didn't even give us the courtesy of even having the option to purchase our matches at Parkhead this season, I wouldn't be doing anything to pander to that lot.

H18S NX
15-05-2021, 05:37 PM

In short ............ get a grip Hibs and listen to the clubs fans, this ***** has to stop !!!....:top marks:aok:

ekhibee
15-05-2021, 05:38 PM
I've no idea but considering they didn't even give us the courtesy of even having the option to purchase our matches at Parkhead this season, I wouldn't be doing anything to pander to that lot.

Was there no PPV for the Celtic games?

Sir David Gray
15-05-2021, 05:42 PM
Was there no PPV for the Celtic games?

Nope Celtic didn't offer PPV for any of their home matches this season, it was for their season ticket holders only.

Eyrie
15-05-2021, 06:05 PM

I wouldn't have bought from them any more than I'd have bought from the other arse cheek.

ekhibee
15-05-2021, 08:44 PM
Nope Celtic didn't offer PPV for any of their home matches this season, it was for their season ticket holders only.

That's absolutely disgraceful considering everybody else did it. Totally agree with you on the original point in that case.

BILLYHIBS
16-05-2021, 12:03 AM
If they did offer it it would most probably be a restricted view in any case :greengrin

Allez Hibs
16-05-2021, 08:39 PM

This.

PPZPOL
16-05-2021, 08:52 PM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it (and know it was probably a bit tongue in cheek) but the fact he said he didn’t want to come back as Hibs fans remember him being a box to box mid and didn’t want to damage that legacy. I thought that if I was an Aberdeen fan I’m not I’d have been very happy. Was almost like he was moving to a bottom 6/Championship side but Aberdeen have been our main rivals this season and have fell short.

Depends how he is utilised and obviously has the coaching side as well.