PDA

View Full Version : FFS Sue McLernon

Hibbyradge
15-05-2021, 12:33 PM
There's not a dry eye in the house!

Brilliant little clip there at halftime. I'll catch up with the others after the game.

You won't know me, but I remember you used to work upstairs from me at Student Loans or something. That wasn't yesterday! :greengrin

calumhibee1
15-05-2021, 12:52 PM
Would be good if Hibs put it up somewhere to watch it back.

Billy Whizz
15-05-2021, 12:56 PM

https://m.youtube.com/user/HibernianTV?desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2FHibernianTV

Known Sue for years, a top lass

Peevemor
15-05-2021, 12:57 PM

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?352030-MatchDaySpirit&p=6559954&viewfull=1#post6559954

tamig
15-05-2021, 01:04 PM
There's not a dry eye in the house!

Brilliant little clip there at halftime. I'll catch up with the others after the game.

You won't know me, but I remember you used to work upstairs from me at Student Loans or something. That wasn't yesterday! :greengrin
A really lovely clip.

calumhibee1
15-05-2021, 01:26 PM
Cheers Billy and Peevemor :aok:

wookie70
15-05-2021, 01:29 PM
Both my kids were Hibs mascots and Sue was terrific. She also visited their school in Bonnyrigg with a big shiny silver cup. A brilliant ambassador for the club

silverhibee
15-05-2021, 01:37 PM
https://m.youtube.com/user/HibernianTV?desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2FHibernianTV

Known Sue for years, a top lass

Sure is Billy, always kind and willing to help.

silverhibee
15-05-2021, 01:40 PM
Both my kids were Hibs mascots and Sue was terrific. She also visited their school in Bonnyrigg with a big shiny silver cup. A brilliant ambassador for the club

My lad was a mascot under Williamson time and Sue was great, got some great photos of my son on the pitch with his brother who was playing for Hibs. :thumbsup:

Santa Cruz
15-05-2021, 01:50 PM

Echo this, only met her the once when my kid was a mascot, really good at he job, kept the bairns organised but put them at ease at the same time. She visited our school too with the cup and I think it was her that visited St Columba's Hospice also.

15-05-2021, 02:47 PM
Thought the interview was brilliant. Never met her myself but from what I’ve heard from others, including people who have worked At hibs, she’s a lovely woman and a real credit to the club.

Lump in the throat when she was talking about winning the cup and the parade the next day. Clear how much the club means to her and that’s exactly the type of people you want working for the club.

Well done Sue :flag:

hibee-boys
15-05-2021, 02:57 PM
Hope the players get to watch that before Saturday.....in fact, get her in the dressing room for the pre match motivational speech!

matty_f
15-05-2021, 02:58 PM

it’s on Recast

https://share.recast.app/v/5Dm91?referrer=5mW18

matty_f
15-05-2021, 02:58 PM
Sure is Billy, always kind and willing to help.

:agree: a proper ambassador for the club.

Vault Boy
15-05-2021, 02:59 PM
The whole interview was superb, but part 3 was something else, really touching. Sue seems like the exact kind of character you want at your club for the long haul, class.

The dalmeny
15-05-2021, 03:06 PM
If anyone deserves their own thread on here, it’s Sue

Ralphy C
15-05-2021, 03:11 PM
Sure she was involved with running Edinburgh West SC. That wasn't yesterday

NAE NOOKIE
15-05-2021, 03:12 PM
What a really nice interview that was, even after 5 years we are still seeing people like Sue whose cup final stories bring all the emotions back of that day and the celebrations afterwards. As she said, even if we were to win the Champions league the pure emotion of that day can never be replicated.

ahibby
15-05-2021, 03:13 PM
The whole interview was superb, but part 3 was something else, really touching. Sue seems like the exact kind of character you want at your club for the long haul, class.

Sue neednt feel a lassie for crying so much she found it hard to catch a breath that cup winning day, I know blokes who were in the same condition. Sue, despite being great with all the Hibs kids and as gentle as a soft kiss with them is as tough as they come proving that even the toughest of us broke down thst day. We all know stalwart Hibs fans who passed before 2016 without seeing Hibs lift the SC. We are the lucky ones.

JimBHibees
15-05-2021, 03:16 PM
Sure she was involved with running Edinburgh West SC. That wasn't yesterday

Yes she was.

Billy Whizz
15-05-2021, 03:16 PM
Think she’s a coach at Hutchie vale too

Eaststand
15-05-2021, 03:40 PM
Think she’s a coach at Hutchie vale too

Yep, she coaches them with the runarounds.....

😁

GGTTH

Hibbyradge
15-05-2021, 03:41 PM

😁

GGTTH

Boom boom!

FilipinoHibs
15-05-2021, 04:01 PM
I met her many times with my kids and in the Hibs shop and ticket office. She always smiled and said hello. She looked at you knowing we both loved the club. The world is a better place for people like Sue.

Hibs4185
15-05-2021, 04:08 PM
My wife works in a school with a high deprivation rate. We were chatting about how the kids would love meeting some players.

one email to Sue and 2 weeks later, 2 players attended the school and spent a good while with the kids.

A wonderful person involved with our club

edit: my wife says they also brought the scottish cup into school!

Billy Whizz
15-05-2021, 04:09 PM

😁

GGTTH
Took me a minute to get that😀

Carheenlea
15-05-2021, 04:13 PM
She gave me a row for touching the Scottish Cup when strictly instructed not to, which was fair enough really.

Hibs4185
15-05-2021, 04:18 PM
My wife works in a school with a high deprivation rate. We were chatting about how the kids would love meeting some players.

one email to Sue and 2 weeks later, 2 players attended the school and spent a good while with the kids.

A wonderful person involved with our club

Ryan91
15-05-2021, 04:23 PM
I can remember getting a tour of the club once, and Sue was the one to show us around, she was class. A real credit to the club

HibsAnnouncer
15-05-2021, 05:39 PM
Really glad to hear everyone enjoyed the interview. In what was meant to be a quick 15 minute chat ended up in 45 minutes of memories with someone who has seen it all and continues to give her absolute all to the club. A proud interview with a true legend of our amazing club.

JimBHibees
15-05-2021, 06:23 PM
I can remember getting a tour of the club once, and Sue was the one to show us around, she was class. A real credit to the club

Same with me also allowed me to bring a very good mate who was very ill at the time on the tour.. Absolute class.

McSwanky
15-05-2021, 06:43 PM
Met Sue a couple of times, and can only echo everything said on this thread. People like Sue ARE the club, and she absolutely deserves a thread of her own on here.

SingaporeHibs
15-05-2021, 07:00 PM
So pleased to see this thread, Sue’s interview was fantastic. What an ambassador for the club over such a long period, a true Hibs hero in many ways for all the work she does quietly in the background. Dare I use the term legend!!! Maybe she should be allowed to give the last team talk before they go onto the pitch next week, she really gets it!!!! If you are reading Sue, thank you!!!

Crunchie
16-05-2021, 07:51 AM
So pleased to see this thread, Sue’s interview was fantastic. What an ambassador for the club over such a long period, a true Hibs hero in many ways for all the work she does quietly in the background. Dare I use the term legend!!! Maybe she should be allowed to give the last team talk before they go onto the pitch next week, she really gets it!!!! If you are reading Sue, thank you!!!
I remember Sue from way back when the Hibs kids first come out, I'm pretty sure she was behind it/involved in some way at the time ( maybe the memory is a bit fuzzy ) I also remember being on the same supporters bus that ran from the Hibs club. My grandkids have been mascots and done the 10 second challenge and Sue managed to get herself in the photos :greengrin.
A gem of a human being and a nicer person you couldn't hope to meet.