PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown

Hibby soldier
15-05-2021, 11:18 AM
So much for Brown ending his career at HIBS...:cb

Pretty Boy
15-05-2021, 11:21 AM
I have serious doubts that Hibs had any interest in bringing Brown back to ER.

PH91
15-05-2021, 11:30 AM
Still got plenty to give, wouldn't be surprised if he put in a motm performance today.

Ozyhibby
15-05-2021, 11:57 AM
I prefer us to sign young up and coming players. Happy that Aberdeen and Hearts seem to be shopping in the over 30 market these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neil7908
15-05-2021, 11:57 AM
Still got plenty to give, wouldn't be surprised if he put in a motm performance today.

Nah, he's done now imo. Really think he'll struggle at Aberdeen next season without Celtic level players beside him.

Stairway 2 7
15-05-2021, 12:09 PM
Have we ever done a presentation to a player leaving a different club before

marinello59
15-05-2021, 12:19 PM
I prefer us to sign young up and coming players. Happy that Aberdeen and Hearts seem to be shopping in the over 30 market these days.

This.

Sir David Gray
15-05-2021, 12:21 PM

A little bit strange, I could have seen the point if he was retiring but he's just leaving one club and going to another one.

Each to their own though.

weecounty hibby
15-05-2021, 12:31 PM
A little bit strange, I could have seen the point if he was retiring but he's just leaving one club and going to another one.

I'm OK with that, he's had a great career at celtic but it all started at Hibs and he clearly still has a soft spot for us even though he's been at the lesser greens for years

mcohibs
15-05-2021, 12:34 PM
I'm OK with that, he's had a great career at celtic but it all started at Hibs and he clearly still has a soft spot for us even though he's been at the lesser greens for years

Aye but he's no retiring, why are we giving him a plaque for his last game for celtic? Daft

ScottB
15-05-2021, 12:35 PM
I wonder if either we’ve treated this as an assumption that he will retire or we’ve been told as such.

weecounty hibby
15-05-2021, 12:39 PM
Aye but he's no retiring, why are we giving him a plaque for his last game for celtic? Daft
Perhaps as its a pretty decent thing to do? I don't much like celtic as a club but we as a club do the decent thing more often than not

Sir David Gray
15-05-2021, 12:41 PM

Like I say, each to their own.

If he was retiring then fair enough, he was a good player for us, is a cup winner with us and got us a good fee.

However he's only moving from one rival club to another rival club. It's not something I'll lose any sleep over though.

Andy74
15-05-2021, 12:58 PM

Yeah, a bit strange.

Billy Whizz
15-05-2021, 01:03 PM

Absolutely, he’s not retiring as you say

Alfred E Newman
15-05-2021, 01:51 PM
Great interview by Broon.

hibby rae
15-05-2021, 01:59 PM
Great interview by Broon.

Yeah, by all accounts a very nice guy off the pitch and clearly still holds us in a lot of affection, with a lot of friends still here.

If he does well once he's hung up the boots it's not outside the realms of possibility he would come here in some capacity or other.

SaulGoodman
15-05-2021, 02:04 PM
Doesn’t sit right with me.

If he was retiring? Fair enough.

In my opinion we’ve presented a plaque, spent a good portion of the game, and the post match fawning over a player that’s leaving Celtic (irrelevant to us) to join Aberdeen (irrelevant to us) while our current group of players have got us to a cup final next week that we could be talking about instead , not to mention the fact that one of our current players has just played his last game for us.

Big_Franck
15-05-2021, 02:05 PM
In his interview there he was asked if there was a chance he'd have returned to Hibs to finish his career. He said that they'd spoken about it a couple of times but that he didn't want to ruin the memories that Hibs fans have of him from when he was a box to box midfielder now that he can barely run and has a big backside! He said he wanted a totally new challenge and Aberdeen gives him that.

givescotlandfreedom
15-05-2021, 02:06 PM
Doesn’t sit right with me.

If he was retiring? Fair enough.

In my opinion we’ve presented a plaque, spent a good portion of the game, and the post match fawning over a player that’s leaving Celtic (irrelevant to us) to join Aberdeen (irrelevant to us) while our current group of players have got us to a cup final next week that we could be talking about instead , not to mention the fact that one of our current players has just played his last game for us.
Me too, very odd and I'd rather we focused on Rocky who's been a good servant to the club and likely going abroad.

keep the faith
15-05-2021, 02:09 PM
In his interview there he was asked if there was a chance he'd have returned to Hibs to finish his career. He said that they'd spoken about it a couple of times but that he didn't want to ruin the memories that Hibs fans have of him from when he was a box to box midfielder now that he can barely run and has a big backside! He said he wanted a totally new challenge and Aberdeen gives him that.

I had to laugh at that. Too slow and fat for hibs. Sheep fans will be raging! 😂

Eyrie
15-05-2021, 02:53 PM
Me too, very odd and I'd rather we focused on Rocky who's been a good servant to the club and likely going abroad.

I didn't like it. Brown has been at Celtc for too long to be deserving of anything from Hibs.

Different matter if it had been for Marciano.

Peevemor
15-05-2021, 02:57 PM
I wonder if the idea to present something to Scott Brown came from our players as opposed to the club/board?

It looked to me like SDG had to nab him on the sly to Brown his whatever-it-was as opposed to an official presentation.

hibee-boys
15-05-2021, 03:05 PM
Cup winner, left hibs on good terms and always speaks fondly of Hibs.....oh.....and the £££ we received for him financed our training centre. Hope he fails miserably at Aberdeen but only because I can’t stand the Dons, would be delighted to have him back at Hibs in any capacity in the future.

HoboHarry
15-05-2021, 03:09 PM
Cup winner, left hibs on good terms and always speaks fondly of Hibs.....oh.....and the £££ we received for him financed our training centre. Hope he fails miserably at Aberdeen but only because I can’t stand the Dons, would be delighted to have him back at Hibs in any capacity in the future.
Correct on all counts.... :agree:

ekhibee
15-05-2021, 03:16 PM

this.

A Hi-Bee
15-05-2021, 03:26 PM

Well put, I like Scott Brown
:thumbsup:

Col L
15-05-2021, 03:31 PM

Also totally agree with this. Think it was a classy thing Hibs did today.

147lothian
15-05-2021, 04:45 PM

:top marksHe obviously still has the talent but he's lost a yard in pace, I don't think he's what we need but he will always be welcome back at Easter Road by me

Danderhall Hibs
15-05-2021, 04:47 PM
How much did the plaque cost? Hope it hasn’t impacted the budget…

MagicSwirlingShip
15-05-2021, 04:48 PM
His transfer pretty much paid for East Mains.

Mad that some fans can’t deal with our captain handing over a plaque. Thought it was a pretty classy move tbh.

CapitalGreen
15-05-2021, 04:53 PM
Presenting a plaque to a player leaving Celtic to join Aberdeen is bit weird tbh. Anyone know what it says?

CapitalGreen
15-05-2021, 04:54 PM

Mad that some fans can’t deal with our captain handing over a plaque. Thought it was a pretty classy move tbh.

Surely the time to present him with the plaque would have been when he left Hibs. Not sure of the relevance of him leaving Celtic to join Aberdeen is to our club now.

hibbysam
15-05-2021, 04:56 PM
Presenting a plaque to a player leaving Celtic to join Aberdeen is bit weird tbh. Anyone know what it says?

Think it says congratulations on your 14 years service at Celtic, from all at Hibernian.

MagicSwirlingShip
15-05-2021, 04:59 PM
Surely the time to present him with the plaque would have been when he left Hibs. Not sure of the relevance of him leaving Celtic to join Aberdeen is to our club now.

Doesn’t need to be relevant. It’s just a nice thing to do

Eyrie
15-05-2021, 05:43 PM
Doesn’t need to be relevant. It’s just a nice thing to do

Maybe it would be nice to send Sevco a plaque to congratulate them on winning their first title?

Brown leaving Celtc for Aberdeen has nothing to do with Hibs, which is why today's gift was totally inappropriate.

Peevemor
15-05-2021, 05:45 PM
Is this anything to get uptight about?

Sir David Gray
15-05-2021, 05:47 PM
Maybe it would be nice to send Sevco a plaque to congratulate them on winning their first title?

Brown leaving Celtc for Aberdeen has nothing to do with Hibs, which is why today's gift was totally inappropriate.

Yep agreed. I look forward to Hibs handing a plaque to a former player at some point in the future to congratulate them for 14 years' service to Rangers.

Carheenlea
15-05-2021, 05:51 PM
A memento from the opposition to mark the occasion of his last appearance after a very long spell with his club - quite a classy thing to do really. In a sport that’s often poisonous, it’s nice to see a bit of respect now and again.

MagicSwirlingShip
15-05-2021, 05:53 PM

In your opinion.

In others, quite reasonable.

I don’t think it bothered our club captain too much. Good enough for me.

gbhibby
15-05-2021, 05:54 PM
How much did the plaque cost? Hope it hasn’t impacted the budget…
Probably cost more than Celtics presentation. Heard they recycled their biscuit tin lid to make it.

RIP
15-05-2021, 05:57 PM
Hibs showing their class for an ex-player who always speaks well of our club. Not everyone at Hibs buys into the Hibernian Way culture that we adopted in 2014 but good servants should always be respected IMO.

adam middlemass
15-05-2021, 06:05 PM
Yes, I thought it was a nice touch by Hibs. A player I had a lot of time for ! :agree::thumbsup:

Alfiembra
15-05-2021, 06:29 PM

Agree with this the golden generation funded a huge modernisation of the club and Brown more than contributed towards that. Well done Hibs.

hibbyfraelibby
15-05-2021, 06:47 PM
He'll be back...

Tommy75
15-05-2021, 06:51 PM
Total cringe. This place would be in complete meltdown if we done that for a Rangers player.

JohnM1875
15-05-2021, 06:57 PM
The attention we paid Brown today post match was nothing short of embarrassing.

It was Rocky's last game for Hibs after five years. That should have been our sole focus. Who gives a flying **** that Brown is leaving Celtic to join Aberdeen?

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2021, 07:01 PM
The attention we paid Brown today post match was nothing short of embarrassing.

It was Rocky's last game for Hibs after five years. That should have been our sole focus. Who gives a flying **** that Brown is leaving Celtic to join Aberdeen?I can see why we presented him with something or other, but i agree we should have been concentrating on our players especially rocky not celtics, that should have been down to celtic tv.

The Count
15-05-2021, 07:02 PM
Total cringe. This place would be in complete meltdown if we done that for a Rangers player.

Correct hate Rangers with every bone in my body.

O'Rourke3
15-05-2021, 07:51 PM
Total cringe. This place would be in complete meltdown if we done that for a Rangers player.True but the last three we sold all came back again, so its very unlikely.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

.Sean.
15-05-2021, 08:27 PM
Wonder if they’d have gave a plaque if it had been someone that has spent the last 14 year at Rangers but played with Hibs prior to that.

The Count
15-05-2021, 08:53 PM
Wonder if they’d have gave a plaque if it had been someone that has spent the last 14 year at Rangers but played with Hibs prior to that.

No it would not of happened as you know and quite right too.

hibbysam
15-05-2021, 08:58 PM
No it would not of happened as you know and quite right too.

Then it shouldn’t happen for the other cheek either.

Lancs Harp
15-05-2021, 09:06 PM
Brown has been a great player for Celtic but he's been past his best for a couple of seasons. A yard short of pace. I think in John McGinns final season he well and truly dominated SB in our clashes. At the top table he was finished then, hes done well to get a few extra seasons IMO hasnt been great or even good for a few seasons. Has been a great player for Celtic in his time there though I wouldnt doubt that.

CapitalGreen
15-05-2021, 09:24 PM

Correct. We didn’t do anything for Kenny Millers last game for Rangers before the final game of the 2017/18 season. He spent 8 years at Rangers, always spoke highly of Hibs and made us a sizeable transfer fee when we sold him.

Marciano has played more games for Hibs than Brown ever did and next week could become a Scottish Cup winning legend yet you would be forgiven for thinking it was Brown who was playing his last game for Hibs at Easter Road today.

ian cruise
16-05-2021, 12:33 AM
Came up via our youth system.
Played a major part in our history with the League Cup.
Left for a big fee and donated some (all?) of his signing on fee to the club.
Returned to Easter Road to enjoy Hibs play on many occasions since.

Yeah it's a bit unusual and he's spent the majority of his career at Celtic but I'm really not bothered by ourselves helping him celebrate his last game.

Football has become too tribalistic, there's rivalry and then there's hatred and the scenes in George Square are a brilliant example of what happens when you lean towards the latter.

Brown may be celebrating the end if his Celtic career but the building blocks for that were forged at Hibs, he hasn't forgotten that and I don't mind if the club hasn't either.

ian cruise
16-05-2021, 12:36 AM

Depends on the player. If it was Ian Murray if Whittaker then maybe, if it was Thomson then probably not. I'm not saying the latter didn't deserve the thanks of Hibs fans but we, like many other fans, are fickle.

Brown has always maintained a relationship with the club, coming along to games when Celtic haven't been playing. I think the main difference between him and a player such as Kenny Miller is that his whole career has been within the Scottish league rather than a pro Celtic/anti Rangers thing.

ian cruise
16-05-2021, 12:40 AM

I'm 100% in favour of sending a plaque to Ibrox that says "Congratulations to The Rangers Football Club on winning your first ever Scottish Premier League Title". I'm sure there fans would be very appreciative of the gesture 😁

Eyrie
16-05-2021, 08:51 AM
I see there are a number of posters defending the gift on the grounds that Brown was a great young player for us who came through our youth system and donated his signing fee to Hibs.

I could maybe see the logic of that if Brown was actually retiring having been at a number of clubs since then, but instead he's moving from the club that all non-Hibs fan identify him with for the last fourteen years to our direct rivals.

No wonder Celtc fans like to patronise us when even our own club rewards a Celtc player for playing for Celtc for so many years.

CapitalGreen
16-05-2021, 09:58 AM
I see there are a number of posters defending the gift on the grounds that Brown was a great young player for us who came through our youth system and donated his signing fee to Hibs.

I could maybe see the logic of that if Brown was actually retiring having been at a number of clubs since then, but instead he's moving from the club that all non-Hibs fan identify him with for the last fourteen years to our direct rivals.

No wonder Celtc fans like to patronise us when even our own club rewards a Celtc player for playing for Celtc for so many years.

Celtic regularly take our best players, so much so that their fans have in the past displayed banners mocking us for it. Then when one of them leaves Celtic for our closest competitor in the league we celebrate his service to Celtic. We made more of a deal for Brown yesterday than we did for our own current goalkeeper who has amassed more appearances for the club than Brown ever did 🤣🤣

Sean1875
16-05-2021, 10:05 AM
Christ, it’s a plaque. Chill oot.

Crunchie
16-05-2021, 10:09 AM
Yes, I thought it was a nice touch by Hibs. A player I had a lot of time for ! :agree::thumbsup:
One of the finest box to box midfielders seen at ER that's for sure, my love in for him stopped the minute he signed for that crowd.

Since452
16-05-2021, 10:10 AM
The only thing we should be handing a Celtic player is their arse. There should be absolutely nothing welcoming for any opposition player at Easter Road

JimBHibees
16-05-2021, 10:11 AM

We will never know if the would or wouldn't. Does seem a little strange given he is no doubt going to be booting our players next season :greengrin however in the grand scheme of things a pretty nice thing to do given the success of his career and the fact he played and won a trophy for us also?

Was also good to see how well regarded he still was with some of Hibs behind the scene staff

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2021, 10:15 AM
Did Alan Sneddon or Jackie Mac receive anything from celtic when they left Hibs?

JimBHibees
16-05-2021, 10:16 AM
Correct. We didn’t do anything for Kenny Millers last game for Rangers before the final game of the 2017/18 season. He spent 8 years at Rangers, always spoke highly of Hibs and made us a sizeable transfer fee when we sold him.

Marciano has played more games for Hibs than Brown ever did and next week could become a Scottish Cup winning legend yet you would be forgiven for thinking it was Brown who was playing his last game for Hibs at Easter Road today.

The coverage focussed on Rocky as well with a very good interview with him and also SDG and Daz and Jack. Didn't think the coverage was OTT however don't think there was any need for us to be interviewing Scott however maybe he asked for the opportunity to say thanks to the club.

jacomo
16-05-2021, 10:34 AM
I have serious doubts that Hibs had any interest in bringing Brown back to ER.

He’s been offered a significant coaching role and we didn’t have a vacancy.

I think his decision to go to Aberdeen is a purely professional one, as he sees a future in management.

I don’t get the hate around Scott Brown, I really don’t. The only blot on his copybook is that he employed a snake of an agent as a 21 year old and was persuaded by him to hand in a transfer request.

He’s got a genuine affection for our club, as well he might.

Good luck to him... except against us of course. It looks like we’ve got his number on the pitch these days so I have no worries about facing him next season.

superfurryhibby
16-05-2021, 10:48 AM
Is this anything to get uptight about?

In a word, no!

Who cares....no, no, no, not me.

It's a bit odd, but so what.

MWHIBBIES
16-05-2021, 10:55 AM
He’s been offered a significant coaching role and we didn’t have a vacancy.

I think his decision to go to Aberdeen is a purely professional one, as he sees a future in management.

I don’t get the hate around Scott Brown, I really don’t. The only blot on his copybook is that he employed a snake of an agent as a 21 year old and was persuaded by him to hand in a transfer request.

He’s got a genuine affection for our club, as well he might.

Good luck to him... except against us of course. It looks like we’ve got his number on the pitch these days so I have no worries about facing him next season.

Playing for Celtic for 14 years, and booting our players (including an utter shocker on Slivka in a 2-0 hibs win, when Slivka was giving him the run around) has made him lose any respect him me. He is just a plastic hardman who has got away with murder for 14 years.

Billy Whizz
16-05-2021, 11:51 AM
If you read through the thread really few personal pops at Scott

Remember him breaking through at a very you age. No 18 and played with amazing energy and was fearless. Used to talk to his mum dad and brother at the away games
Scott was co-captain in the 2007 cup winning side, and like all the players in the side, will always welcome back at ER, or gatherings

The difference just now, is Scott has been 14 years at Celtic, and has just joined our rivals for 3rd place next season

I think the beef on here and the Celtic TV thread is Hibspass
It’s been a terrible watch most of the season for Hibs fans, and yesterday’s tribute to Brown just took the biscuit. Before during after the game, so much space was allocated to him

Rocky got a bit of coverage which was great, but let’s be honest it’s been a really poor product all season pre and post match. How hard would have been to do a summary of best goals this season, and a big look forward to the final, which we won’t be at!

If you look at all our rivals they all have people who manage these position who have a passion for their club, and more likely fans as well!

From what I see and read the people running out club haven’t got a clue about Hibs and their identity. Unfortunately can’t see this changing either. Doesn’t help when we have an absent owner and no CEO in place to run our club

You can agree or disagree with this, but this is my view

Peevemor
16-05-2021, 12:12 PM

Remember him breaking through at a very you age. No 18 and played with amazing energy and was fearless. Used to talk to his mum dad and brother at the away games
Scott was co-captain in the 2007 cup winning side, and like all the players in the side, will always welcome back at ER, or gatherings

The difference just now, is Scott has been 14 years at Celtic, and has just joined our rivals for 3rd place next season

It’s been a terrible watch most of the season for Hibs fans, and yesterday’s tribute to Brown just took the biscuit. Before during after the game, so much space was allocated to him

Rocky got a bit of coverage which was great, but let’s be honest it’s been a really poor product all season pre and post match. How hard would have been to do a summary of best goals this season, and a big look forward to the final, which we won’t be at!

If you look at all our rivals they all have people who manage these position who have a passion for their club, and more likely fans as well!

From what I see and read the people running out club haven’t got a clue about Hibs and their identity. Unfortunately can’t see this changing either. Doesn’t help when we have an absent owner and no CEO in place to run our club

This won't surprise you but I think you're being too hard.

I think Ron understands us fine and the team don't seem to be suffering too much with him at the helm. I don't know if he could have done more to back the manager over the past 2 transfer windows.

The matchday output has been generally fine. I've watched Hibs on the Internet for years and all that matters is seeing the match. I'm not David Tanner's biggest fan but he's nowhere near as bad as some on here make out.

Had I been involved at Hibs, making a presentation to Scott Brown wouldn't even have crossed my mind, but I don't see it as something to complain about either.

Yes there might have been too much Scott Brown chat for a couple of minutes immediately after the match, but there was plenty Hibs content which followed.

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2021, 12:21 PM

I agree with a fair bit of that Billy, especially about hibspass, we have got that wrong from the beginning with the host being a die in the wool hun.

Hibs fans want Hibs stuff and a little Hibs bias, what we dont want is a show about another teams player, and a host that knows bugger all about us.

Big Ron has done well for us, and with the pandemic on the go we decided to go with fewer players and staff, which we seem to have managed very well.

When things get back to normal, i'm pretty sure we will get back to full employment, but everyone has done the same and we are doing better than most. :greengrin

jacomo
16-05-2021, 12:42 PM
Playing for Celtic for 14 years, and booting our players (including an utter shocker on Slivka in a 2-0 hibs win, when Slivka was giving him the run around) has made him lose any respect him me. He is just a plastic hardman who has got away with murder for 14 years.

You are one of the worst culprits, making stuff up to suit your personal vendetta.

Give it a rest.

Tommy75
16-05-2021, 12:49 PM
You are one of the worst culprits, making stuff up to suit your personal vendetta.

Give it a rest.

I don't think he/she is making things up. Do you not remember this tackle...

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcsportscot/status/1094235671957594113?lang=en

(Apologies if link doesn't work but it is Brown's tackle on Milligan. Easy to find on Google)

superfurryhibby
16-05-2021, 01:30 PM

Give it a rest.

It was a horrible tackle. Brown should have been off the field for it.

BoomtownHibees
16-05-2021, 01:40 PM

Give it a rest.

I don’t think anything in this post is made up

MWHIBBIES
16-05-2021, 06:00 PM

Give it a rest.

Cute. As others have already said, I'm making nothing up.

jacomo
16-05-2021, 08:12 PM
Cute. As others have already said, I'm making nothing up.

You frequently do.

Scott Brown did more for our club than you ever will. I’m pretty confident of that.

Your petted lip criticism really just comes across as jealousy more than anything else.

Iggy Pope
16-05-2021, 08:20 PM
Yep agreed. I look forward to Hibs handing a plaque to a former player at some point in the future to congratulate them for 14 years' service to Rangers.

Or maybe give Ian Murray a testimonial after his service to Rangers.

Iggy Pope
16-05-2021, 08:23 PM
Celtic regularly take our best players, so much so that their fans have in the past displayed banners mocking us for it. Then when one of them leaves Celtic for our closest competitor in the league we celebrate his service to Celtic. We made more of a deal for Brown yesterday than we did for our own current goalkeeper who has amassed more appearances for the club than Brown ever did 🤣🤣

Do we have any idea where that current keeper is heading yet?

MWHIBBIES
16-05-2021, 09:08 PM
You frequently do.

Scott Brown did more for our club than you ever will. I’m pretty confident of that.

Your petted lip criticism really just comes across as jealousy more than anything else.

I don't. I always back myself up with evidence. As multiple others have pointed out I'm not making anything up here. If you'd like to give me one of these frequent examples, I'll happily discuss it.

Of course he has. He played for the club and won a trophy. He's also done far more to hurt hibs than me, by scoring against us and kicking our players. And he's done much more for Celtic than he has for hibs. I'm really not sure why I'm supposed to like the guy.

Ah yes, I dislike a Celtic player and refuse to lick his farter, must be jealous.

Try keeping it on topic instead of resorting to your usual petty insults when shown you are mistaken.

Allez Hibs
16-05-2021, 09:10 PM

What exactly was the presentation for?

He is signing for one of our direct rivals.

WeeRussell
16-05-2021, 09:19 PM
Along with Sproule, Brown was one of my favourite players watching hibs as a teenager, to the extent I even found myself trying to replicate him when playing myself! Exciting, firey, passionate and part of the best hibs team to watch during my lifetime. I think he was up there with Scotland’s most important players towards the end of his international career too, and I’ve always respected him.. despite not always ‘liking’ him especially given who he played for. But all in all he’s had a very good career, been a brilliant footballer and a captain for a very dominant Celtic side. He’ll go down as a Scottish football legend when all is said and done.

Having said all that.. I don’t think it was our job to be presenting plaques to him when, in reality, all he is doing is moving to another team. I won’t lose sleep over it but does seem a bit of a nonsense for me.

Allez Hibs
16-05-2021, 09:21 PM
You frequently do.

I don't think that was necessary. No need for the personal dig.

Scott Brown's tackle on Slivka was a complete shocker.

I had a read through the Rangers fans thread and it was a tough read with Hibs fans having personal digs at each other.

CapitalGreen
16-05-2021, 09:28 PM
You frequently do.

Poor post, really no need to be personal in what had been a civil discussion up to your post.

Eyrie
You frequently do.

Brown was certainly very good for our club until fourteen years ago, but did we give him a plaque when he left Hibs?

If not, why give him one for leaving Celtc?

Sir David Gray
Or maybe give Ian Murray a testimonial after his service to Rangers.

It's hardly the same thing.

Murray's testimonial was in recognition of his service to Hibs.

Brown's plaque was in recognition of his service to Celtic.

I'm guessing you already know that though.

Lancs Harp
16-05-2021, 09:30 PM
Brown was certainly very good for our club until fourteen years ago, but did we give him a plaque when he left Hibs?

If not, why give him one for leaving Celtc?

Its the only thing he's won this season :wink: