PDA

View Full Version : SC Final - Oban

lyonhibs
15-05-2021, 09:02 AM
I'm back in the country and currently completing quarantine at the in-laws near Oban. Are there any Oban based Hobbies watching the game somewhere in town or rather any recommendations for a pub in town where a gentleman would be able to celebrate a Hibs goal without getting strung from the rafters by the rather bluenose tinged locals?

Allant1981
15-05-2021, 09:11 AM
Aulays bar is a good pub, we are in oban several times a year and that's where I drink, not sure if they will be showing the game though sorry

Inconsequential
15-05-2021, 12:46 PM
I'm a local but certainly not blue nosed. Pubs I would recommended are the previously mentioned Aulays, The Lorne, Coasters and The Tartan Tavern although I can't say for certain if they would show the game.

offshorehibby
15-05-2021, 02:04 PM
I'm a local but certainly not blue nosed. Pubs I would recommended are the previously mentioned Aulays, The Lorne, Coasters and The Tartan Tavern although I can't say for certain if they would show the game.

Haha, love the Tartan Tavern, you might get about 5 in on a good day :greengrin. Makes Tamsons look like the O2 Arena

Inconsequential
15-05-2021, 03:06 PM
Haha, love the Tartan Tavern, you might get about 5 in on a good day :greengrin. Makes Tamsons look like the O2 Arena Changed days at the Tartan! Busy wee place, well it was pre covid... :agree:

lyonhibs
22-05-2021, 11:34 AM
Aulay's has come up trumps, the clientèle is of a certain "vintage" and a wifie has just walked in wearing a Sevco top but it will most definitely do.