PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Celtic

Pages : [1] 2

Since452
15-05-2021, 07:14 AM
So nervous about this one (said absolutely nobody).

Interesting to see who starts. Great opportunity for some young and fringe players. Whoever plays I hope they get something against our insidious offspring

Heckys Wheel
15-05-2021, 07:16 AM
Nerves are beginning to kick in now.

Taken Celtic to win both halves at 4/1 as I couldn’t find HT/FT.

hibee-boys
15-05-2021, 07:19 AM
Hopefully get to see a couple of the young lads in action, not seen much of Bradley and nothing of Laidlaw.

Jim44
15-05-2021, 07:31 AM
I’ve got a feeling that Griffiths will start up front for Celtic today.

BS44
15-05-2021, 08:15 AM

Hope your bet gets hammered. No offence 👍

Earlydelivery
15-05-2021, 09:00 AM
Hope your bet gets hammered. No offence 👍
Agreed 🙌

BoomtownHibees
15-05-2021, 09:04 AM

No sure why anybody wants to bet against Hibs. Each to their own an all that 🥴

Paul1642
15-05-2021, 09:05 AM

Softens the blow of defeat.

Hibee Mac
15-05-2021, 09:09 AM
Softens the blow of defeat.And dampens the joy of a win.

15-05-2021, 09:09 AM

I don’t think it'll be as easy as that for Celtic, they aren't going full strength either.

andrew70
15-05-2021, 09:12 AM
What’s format for Hibs pass log in details again?

JimBHibees
15-05-2021, 09:28 AM
What’s format for Hibs pass log in details again?

Firstname-surname-reference number
Reference number

andrew70
15-05-2021, 10:02 AM
Firstname-surname-reference number
Reference number

Cheers mate

shetlandhibee
15-05-2021, 10:19 AM
I’ve got a feeling that Griffiths will start up front for Celtic today.
you could be right on this , but considering he didnt even get on the pitch against rangers when they were 2 goals down after saving there bacon against aberdeen the game before, i think he wont be IMO signing any 1 year option on reduced terms if offered it in the summer, ,the pictures of the hurt and anger on his face after the match tells its own story..There treatment off him in the last year has been disgracful, he must be so frustrated because of all this its probably cost him not getting to euros as well, if you are on today leigh score an own goal and celebrate with your own Hibs fans at the end and see you soon:agree::thumbsup::cb:aok:

Heisenberg
15-05-2021, 10:20 AM
📝 Your @HibernianFC line-up to face @CelticFC this afternoon:

Marciano, Gray, Porteous, Magennis, Wright, Newell, Gogic, Stevenson, Murphy, Hallberg, McGregor.

Subs: Dabrowski, Hanlon, McGinn, Doidge, Boyle, Nisbet, Doig, Irvine, Macey.

4-5-1? Murphy up front I’m guessing.

shetlandhibee
15-05-2021, 10:21 AM
:top markscould never do it never ever will:agree:

15-05-2021, 10:22 AM
David Gray playing 💚

Peevemor
15-05-2021, 10:23 AM

Marciano, Gray, Porteous, Magennis, Wright, Newell, Gogic, Stevenson, Murphy, Hallberg, McGregor.

Crikey!

Stuart93
15-05-2021, 10:23 AM
Wonder why he’s not started any young lads, surely would’ve been the day to give them a game, dropped them completely

Seems strange. Needless risks in that team for me

HH81
15-05-2021, 10:24 AM

No idea.

Be interesting to see the formation based on the side. Couldn't a young forward have got a start?

yerauldda
15-05-2021, 10:24 AM
This is going to be some laugh.

I see it as

Marciano
Gray McGregor Porteous Stevenson
Wright Gogic Hallberg Newell Magennis
Murphy

Andy74
15-05-2021, 10:25 AM
Wonder why he’s not started any young lads, surely would’ve been the day to give them a game, dropped them completely

Yeah, kids not even on the bench is an odd one!

Vault Boy
15-05-2021, 10:25 AM
Two keepers on the bench lol

Pretty Boy
15-05-2021, 10:26 AM
As expected with the team. It was never going to be a team of 16 and 17 year olds. Boyle, Doidge, Nisbet, Hanlon, McGinn and Irvine all protected. All of them are certs to start next week and have all played plenty football lately so that makes sense. Newell and Halberg might need the minutes, same with Porteous. Bit worried about Murphy, he's had a habit of picking up niggles and has been key for us off the bench in the last 2 games.

Confused by having 2 keepers on the bench rather than Laidlaw or Bradley but there may be injuries I don't know about.

007 Mickey Weir

Or at least a couple on the bench.

Stuart93

Don’t get it at all, going with no striker when the young lad laidlaws been on the bench the past few games

Tambo
Happy to see Sir David start and thought he would have started Doidge.

1-1 Murphy with the goal.

Allant1981
15-05-2021, 10:27 AM
Strange team to pick but meaningless game I suppose

Greenbeard
15-05-2021, 10:27 AM
This is going to be some laugh.

I see it as

Marciano
Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Wright Gogic Hallberg Newell Magennis
Murphy
Should have gone to Specsavers.
What? You've already been? Get your money back then!

easty
15-05-2021, 10:28 AM
As expected with the team. It was never going to be a team of 16 and 17 year olds. Boyle, Doidge, Nisbet, Hanlon, McGinn and Irvine all protected. All of them are certs to start next week and have all played plenty football lately so that makes sense. Newell and Halberg might need the minutes, same with Porteous. Bit worried about Murphy, he's had a habit of picking up niggles and has been key for us off the bench in the last 2 games.

Confused by having 2 keepers on the bench rather than Laidlaw or Bradley but there may be injuries I don't know about.

Just said the same to my mates about Murphy. If he picks up any kind of slight knock today he’ll probably miss the final. I’d have left him out.

Stuart93
15-05-2021, 10:28 AM
Should have gone to Specsavers.
What? You've already been? Get your money back then!

That’s near enough how I see the team anaw?

What else could it be?

Billy Whizz
15-05-2021, 10:29 AM

They played a couple of nights ago, so maybe not in the bubble

Stuart93
15-05-2021, 10:29 AM
Just said the same to my mates about Murphy. If he picks up any kind of slight knock today he’ll probably miss the final. I’d have left him out.

There’s a few I’d left out tbh.

You’ve started with 2 of your 3 midfielders for next weekend and 1 of your 2 CB’s. Let’s hope none pick up knocks

Aldo
15-05-2021, 10:31 AM
8 starters for next weeks cup final on the bench?

Gogic better no get sent off or bloody injured today as he’s key too!

I’m pretty chilled about today tbh and in all honesty after the midweek result it’s job done! Whilst I don’t want to be beaten it’s a chance for others to step up.

Getting minutes in Murphy’s legs also important as I see him as a game changer next weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yerauldda
15-05-2021, 10:31 AM

What else could it be?

My thoughts exactly..

ElginHibbie
15-05-2021, 10:32 AM

What else could it be?

Hanlon isn't starting...

Hibee87
15-05-2021, 10:33 AM
8 starters for next weeks cup final on the bench?

Gogic better no get sent off or bloody injured today as he’s key too!

I’m pretty chilled about today tbh and in all honesty after the midweek result it’s job done! Whilst I don’t want to be beaten it’s a chance for others to step up.

Getting minutes in Murphy’s legs also important as I see him as a game changer next weekend!

Only a straight red for gogic would him out yeah? Or does 2 yellows also do it?

Borderhibbie76
There’s a few I’d left out tbh.

You’ve started with 2 of your 3 midfielders for next weekend and 1 of your 2 CB’s. Let’s hope none pick up knocks

We don't have anyone else tho? We have a small squad and obviously the youngsters aren't in the bubble

Aldo

[emoji2369] it’s a red so I’m sure it would mean suspension..... then again

Stuart93
15-05-2021, 10:34 AM
Hanlon isn't starting...

It’s been a while since I’ve had my eyes tested

yerauldda
15-05-2021, 10:35 AM
Hanlon isn't starting...

I have no idea what you’re talking about 👀

DJ HIBBY
15-05-2021, 10:37 AM
Maybe Wright up top?

ElginHibbie
15-05-2021, 10:39 AM
It’s been a while since I’ve had my eyes tested

To be fair it isn't the defence that is drawing everyone's attention in that team after all

Hibee Mac
15-05-2021, 10:39 AM
That's more of a risk than I would have taken, we need to keep all fingers crossed - Newell, Gogic, Porteous and Murphy all very key for the cup final.

Unseen work
15-05-2021, 10:40 AM
I’m going for

........................Marciano.....

Gray......McGregor.....Porteous....Stevenson

.......... Gogic....Hallberg...Newell.........

Magennis....................................Murphy ......

...........................Wright......

Wrights legs and pace to stretch the game up top and try get in behind.

Murphy to exploit Kenny.

Magennis to help out Gray

sleeping giant
15-05-2021, 10:41 AM
That's a crazy team.
Do not understand it at all.
Why risk Murphy?

hibby rae
15-05-2021, 10:42 AM

Can you be ruled out of a cup tie by getting carded in league games?

Different governing bodies after all.

calumhibee1
15-05-2021, 10:43 AM
Can you be ruled out of a cup tie by getting carded in league games?

Different governing bodies after all.

I think you are right. Don’t think a red in the league carries over into Scottish cup. However, A red in the league would carry over to league cup I think

Peevemor
15-05-2021, 10:44 AM
That's a crazy team.
Why risk Murphy?

There were obviously pros & cons - game time vs risk of injury.

Hibbyradge
15-05-2021, 10:47 AM
It's disappointing that we're not getting to see Laidlaw.

Blaster
15-05-2021, 10:48 AM
I think you are right. Don’t think a red in the league carries over into Scottish cup. However, A red in the league would carry over to league cup I think

Violent conduct red would miss the next game irrespective of the competition

Brightside
15-05-2021, 10:48 AM
That's a crazy team.
Why risk Murphy?

Trying to get him fit.

Bangkok Hibby
15-05-2021, 10:49 AM
As its a nothing game, do you think its possible for Hibs.net to go 90 minutes without any negative comments about little mistakes our players will inevitably make?

Brightside
15-05-2021, 10:50 AM
They played a couple of nights ago, so maybe not in the bubble

Yep. Must be that. Covid rules really screw up the ability to move players around the squads.

Since452
15-05-2021, 10:50 AM
Hmm. Ross is a braver man than me

gaz1875
15-05-2021, 10:51 AM
That's a crazy team.
Why risk Murphy?

Murphy has hardly kicked a ball for us. Came back midweek for part of the game after being out for months and suddenly he needs rested because we can't afford to miss him :confused:

Hibbyradge
15-05-2021, 10:52 AM
That's a crazy team.
Why risk Murphy?

I actually don't think there's much of a risk for anyone. Certainly more than if they were in the stand, but I doubt that there will be a serious challenge in the match, never mind a dangerous one.

Yes, they could pull a hammy or go over on their ankle, but that's just as likely to happen in training.

I think it's more about rest than risk and that team has plenty energy to spare.

Sir David Gray
15-05-2021, 10:53 AM

Only a red card today for violent conduct would see a player suspended for next week.

Any other kind of sending off would see the player suspended for the first league game of next season.

Peevemor
15-05-2021, 10:53 AM
As its a nothing game, do you think its possible for Hibs.net to go 90 minutes without any negative comments about little mistakes our players will inevitably make?

:faf: :tee hee: :rotflmao: :hilarious :faf:

Bangkok Hibby
15-05-2021, 10:54 AM
:faf: :tee hee: :rotflmao: :hilarious :faf:

That's what I thought 😂😂😂

Unseen work
15-05-2021, 10:54 AM
I think people are failing to realise how small a squad we actually have, there was always going to be 1 or 2 in the frame for next week that we’re starting today.

The younger guys have rarely/ not played this season so to chuck them out against Celtic and risk losing heavily would be silly.

If we never allowed McGinn, Gullan, Mallan and Allan to go out on loan it might have been easier to rotate but that’s football.

Borderhibbie76
15-05-2021, 10:56 AM
Hmm. Ross is a braver man than me

Who would u have played instead out of interest when clearly there are no other options? Youngsters played Thurs night so aren't in the bubble clearly??

Spike Mandela
15-05-2021, 10:56 AM
That's a crazy team.
Why risk Murphy?

Murphy needs game time, needs to prove he’s fit and imo needs to prove if he’s deserving of being in the cup final squad.

Borderhibbie76
15-05-2021, 10:57 AM
I think people are failing to realise how small a squad we actually have, there was always going to be 1 or 2 in the frame for next week that we’re starting today.

The younger guys have rarely/ not played this season so to chuck them out against Celtic and risk losing heavily would be silly.

If we never allowed McGinn, Gullan, Mallan and Allan to go out on loan it might have been easier to rotate but that’s football.

Totally mate it's doing my head in some of the comments

Hibbyradge

:faf:

Are you here all week? :wink:

Lendo
Don’t see anything wrong with the squad. Guys like Murphy and Magennis need minutes so seems like an ideal game. Suspect it’ll be fairly low tempo from both sides

h1bs4life
15-05-2021, 11:00 AM
No problem with that , all are part of the 1st team squad and get some game time into players who have been injured or dropped while still protecting our main players.
Would have rested Gogic , Hallberg and Newell playing for cup final place.
Aberdeen game there was no midfielder coming back to the collect the ball and then pass it back again slowing down the game and game had a bit more tempo.
For me Hallberg has the jersey for the final his to loose

WeeRussell
Murphy needs game time, needs to prove he’s fit and imo needs to prove if he’s deserving of being in the cup final squad.

I agree with this on Murphy. Best thing for both him and Hibs is he plays a really good half to an hour and puts himself in the manager’s thoughts for next week.

EdinMike
This will be played at a snails pace anyway so don’t see any harm in that selection. Quite frankly I doubt there are too many other options.

Smartie
15-05-2021, 11:02 AM
There are actually quite a few people in that team with a point to prove, and whilst you'd expect much of the cup final team to pick itself, there are still a couple of issues to be decided one way or another and today could help Jack Ross with the tougher decisions he has to make.

I like the team. No idea how it lines up but happy with the personnel out of the squad we have to pick from.

Moulin Yarns
15-05-2021, 11:03 AM
There are actually quite a few people in that team with a point to prove, and whilst you'd expect much of the cup final team to pick itself, there are still a couple of issues to be decided one way or another and today could help Jack Ross with the tougher decisions he has to make.

I like the team. No idea how it lines up but happy with the personnel out of the squad we have to pick from.

BBC has it lining up as a 4-2-3-1

Murphy as striker

WeeRussell
15-05-2021, 11:05 AM

I think only another cup final tickets u-turn, or a thread about flags, could keep them busy enough this afternoon.

Unseen work
15-05-2021, 11:06 AM
Since we’re moaning, one thing that really upsets my OCD is how Hibs announce the starting XI

Marciano
Magennis
Gray
Porteous
Murphy
Gogic
Wright
Newell
Hallberg
Stevenson
McGregor

What on earth is that?!😆

silverhibee
15-05-2021, 11:06 AM
Take it’s just Hibs tv to watch the game.

Hibbyradge
15-05-2021, 11:07 AM
Take it’s just Hibs tv to watch the game.

Yes

Peevemor
15-05-2021, 11:08 AM
Had to come into the office today so I'm all set up for some double tasking.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210515/b45c1a845c35a47273d51e2f78a68ed3.jpg

PPZPOL
15-05-2021, 11:09 AM
People are never happy. We are in the luxury position of being able to rest half of the team for next week.

To say it it crazy to play Murphy....we nearly had to play Doidge, Nisbet and Boyle today to get a result and 3rd. That would have been even crazier. Murphy needs (hopefully) 60 mins today and then he’ll start on bench next week and be in a better position to influence game with the minutes he gets today.

Ross knows his team for next week.

Billy Whizz
15-05-2021, 11:13 AM
Nice to see we’ve acknowledged that it’s Rocky’s last game, after the Scott Brown love in this week

EdinMike
15-05-2021, 11:13 AM
Since we’re moaning, one thing that really upsets my OCD is how Hibs announce the starting XI

Marciano
Magennis
Gray
Porteous
Murphy
Gogic
Wright
Newell
Hallberg
Stevenson
McGregor

What on earth is that?!😆

It’s a secret code with a phrase starting with each initial relating to Hibs. Winner gets a ticket for the final... 🤪

Diclonius
15-05-2021, 11:17 AM

Marciano
Magennis
Gray
Porteous
Murphy
Gogic
Wright
Newell
Hallberg
Stevenson
McGregor

What on earth is that?!😆

Cryptic message from the illuminati.

Borderhibbie76
15-05-2021, 11:18 AM
To all those critiquing our team ST J are almost at full strength I see against Livi

The Modfather
15-05-2021, 11:18 AM
I hope Magennis is given the chance to play in his preferred position given it’s a dread rubber. If he’s still shunted out to the left I’ll start to wonder what the actual plan is for him for next season.

silverhibee
15-05-2021, 11:21 AM
Yes

Ta, Strachan in the studio, ffs. :greengrin

wookie70
15-05-2021, 11:23 AM
I thought McGinn would start. Not that often a player plays every minute of every league game. Happy with the line up protecting our most important players and giving a few that have been out a useful game to get up to speed. I'll watch through my hands as we could get a hiding but it matters not as it is all about the cup final now

J-C
15-05-2021, 11:24 AM
Missing the game today as I'm back working, got to listen to sportsound instead 😡

That team just shows you how weak our 2nd string is.

WhileTheChief..
15-05-2021, 11:24 AM
Looking forward to this.

Really wish we were all there. It would be a total party atmosphere in a packed ER today.

5-5 :greengrin

PH91
15-05-2021, 11:26 AM

Marciano
Magennis
Gray
Porteous
Murphy
Gogic
Wright
Newell
Hallberg
Stevenson
McGregor

What on earth is that?!😆

I would love to see stevenson and mcgregor up front today. Classic big guy, little guy combo.

Andy74
15-05-2021, 11:27 AM
Nice to see we’ve acknowledged that it’s Rocky’s last game, after the Scott Brown love in this week

Not sure we could say much until manager decided he was playing or not.

Andy74
15-05-2021, 11:28 AM
To all those critiquing our team ST J are almost at full strength I see against Livi

They may still need to win to confirm Europe I think.

Moulin Yarns
15-05-2021, 11:29 AM

They need to finish 5th for Europe :wink:

scoopyboy
They may still need to win to confirm Europe I think.

A draw would do them I think, but a Livi win would mean they have to win the cup

Unseen work
Diamond today?

..................Gogic
Magennis .......... Newell
.................Hallberg

.........Wright........Murphy

CockneyRebel

Shalom Rocky

Mon Dieu4
15-05-2021, 11:30 AM
Now the Scott Brown love in is over I hope someone goes right through him

bringbackbenny
Maybe Cliff to get a new mic for next season? :)

SteveHFC
Can Hibs TV fix their mics again

Andy74
15-05-2021, 11:31 AM
Maybe Cliff to get a new mic for next season? :)

We still haven’t got this right!

Sir David Gray
15-05-2021, 11:32 AM
Sound's far too echoey.

Hiber-nation
What the hell is going on with the sound?

silverhibee
Exterminate Exterminate

oconnors_strip
I’m watching the game with sound off as the quality is that bad!

Brummie_Hibs
Retro sound quality - like a 1970's Bulgaria v Scotland TV commentary over telephone.

Gatecrasher
15-05-2021, 11:33 AM
Picture quality is dipping occasionally and poor audio.

Pedantic_Hibee
Are Cliff and Tam underwater?

Green Reaper
That sound is horrific 😂

Real Emerald
15-05-2021, 11:34 AM
Do they not do sound checks before they start?

BlackSheep
Completely frozen for me now!!

mutley
Sounds like I’m listening on 810 AM radio heading through the highlands !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ozyhibby
15-05-2021, 11:35 AM
That sound is horrific [emoji23]

Audio has been horrific all season. Picture quality usually ok.

Andy74
That sound is horrific 😂

Picture not much better for me either. Been very blocky the last few weeks.

MWHIBBIES
Ball isn't going to stick at all, so this could be a long afternoon.

Helensburghhibs
Tried to be too clever with the crowd noise I imagine . It's brutal lol

Ozyhibby
15-05-2021, 11:36 AM
Now the Scott Brown love in is over I hope someone goes right through him

Especially given there is a fair chance that David Gray is starting his last game.

O'Rourke3
Sounds like I’m listening on 810 AM radio heading through the highlands !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProRemind me of a David Francy commentary from Poland...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Coco Bryce
Sounds like they are under water 😂

bringbackbenny
15-05-2021, 11:37 AM
Picture not much better for me either. Been very blocky the last few weeks.

It's rotten today as well, pixelated all over. We've had a season to get this right.

Dalianwanda
Nice positive burst from Drey Wright

Peevemor
Picture is fine for me.

Just seen Drey Wright staking his claim for a start next week.

MWHIBBIES
McGregor has to score there, free header 6 yards out.

JXM73
It's rotten today as well, pixelated all over. We've had a season to get this right.

So its hibs fault your connection's *****...

Hibs Class
Magennis needs to show a bit more self control in the box.. was lucky to not concede another penalty

Mon Dieu4
15-05-2021, 11:38 AM
Daz should score there

OtleyHibs
Wright done well to win that corner, McGregor should've done better with the header

badabing67
Would like to see Drey Wright have a good game he needs to catch a break must of been a tough season for him.

J-C
Managed to get the game online thankfully.

blackpoolhibs
McGregor should have scored, it would have been nice as i think this could be a long afternoon for us. :greengrin

Dalianwanda
Sound off here as Mrs thinks I’m working 😎

bringbackbenny
15-05-2021, 11:39 AM

Nope, no hassle with my connection stream 4k no hassle and, funnily enough, every other SPL clubs away stream has been brilliant.

Anyway I'll cope ;)

Moulin Yarns
15-05-2021, 11:40 AM
Who is this guy playing with Wright on his shirt :greengrin

HibbyKeith
15-05-2021, 11:41 AM

Picture quality is terrible for me too and I've got a 1gb wired connection. It's looks better if you want to watch on a small screen but full screen its terrible.

In fairness hibs tv audio and or picture quality has been pretty pish on numerous occasions this season.

sleeping giant
15-05-2021, 11:41 AM
Money on Magennis giving away a penalty today.

15-05-2021, 11:42 AM
Surprised he's not giving Doidge a half and Nisbet a half. Maybe doesn't want to risk either getting an injury.

Peevemor
Money on Magennis giving away a penalty today.

Looks like Magennis had the same idea.

Andy74

There has to be more to it than that because most people only seem to have streaming quality issues with Hibs TV.

Some get a good picture and others don’t.

I’ve got 1 gig broadband, a top of the line router and get a very average picture.

I get no issues with any other streaming service.

It is perfectly watchable but certainly pretty pixelated and blurry in the movement most weeks.

Onceinawhile
15-05-2021, 11:43 AM
My stream is pretty poor too fwiw.

CmoantheHibs
15-05-2021, 11:43 AM
Goal saving intervention by Newell there

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2021, 11:44 AM
Drey Wright probably having his best game for us today. :top marks

Stuart93
Would like to see magennis have a decent game today.

Came on during the week and you’d have barely known he was on the park

lord bunberry
I think they’ve switched off the crowd noise.

Phil MaGlass
Clyde 2 isnae bad

Fergus52
15-05-2021, 11:45 AM
Youngsters were in a different bubble so couldn't play

Pretty Boy
Entertaining game so far. Doesn't feel entirely end of season with nothing to play for.

Wee Effen Bee
Picture quality is terrible for me too and I've got a 1gb wired connection. It's looks better if you want to watch on a small screen but full screen its terrible.

In fairness hibs tv audio and or picture quality has been pretty pish on numerous occasions this season.

Mine is and has been perfect. Even the mic. Wonder why so many are having problems? Could it be a specific geographical issue?

Sounds like they’re commentating using a cup and a bit of string

Billy Whizz

They’ve known this since last Saturday

Stuart93
15-05-2021, 11:46 AM
Not watching today but going by twitter updates sounding like a matter of time, just hope we aren’t on the end of a hiding

sleeping giant

Cheers. Explains a lot.

wookie70
Rocky signing off in style so far. Commentary a bit crackly for me picture ok

Good point by Tam McManus there. Daz and Porteous both playing today, how well they play might determine who starts in the final.

Lith
This game is meaningless but it gives the team a chance to try something different like play out from the back and stop the big punts as far as they can… no finesse in the team at all

Coco Bryce
15-05-2021, 11:47 AM
I think Marciano has signed for Celtic.

MikeyS
15-05-2021, 11:47 AM
If you have IPTV then the Celtic channel is fine pic & audio although Tom Boyd is a tough listen!

wookie70
15-05-2021, 11:48 AM
Drey Wright playing very well

blackpoolhibs
Not watching today but going by twitter updates sounding like a matter of time, just hope we aren’t on the end of a hiding

I think we may well end up getting a bit of a pumping today, but in all honesty, i dont give a toss.

Andy74
Cheers. Explains a lot.

We could have decided otherwise at the start of the week so obviously wasn’t really in the plans to take them out from their own game this week to give them first team game time.

We also wouldn’t have been certain of the Aberdeen outcome so makes sense.

Billy Whizz
If you have IPTV then the Celtic channel is fine pic & audio although Tom Boyd is a tough listen!

I’m not a tech man, so what’s our issue

badabing67
Good bit of play by Hallberg. Really like him

Pretty Boy
15-05-2021, 11:49 AM
Heart missed a beat when Gogic slid in and grabbed his calf there.

He was just pulling up his sock though (or pulling up his sock as much as Gogic ever pulls up his socks).

thebakerboy
15-05-2021, 11:49 AM
Sound and picture fine here and has been all season .

Vault Boy
15-05-2021, 11:50 AM
Good bit of play by Hallberg. Really like him

It was a lovely spin.

MikeyS
I think Marciano has signed for Celtic.

If he is staying in Scotland it's the only obvious choice.

Wouldn't get on the Rangers bench.

jacomo
Édouard is sporting one of the worst beards I’ve ever seen.

I’m also trying to dispel the nagging suspicion that Magennis might be a total dud for us. He looked like a real player but he’s struggling to get his Hibs career going in any meaningful way.

Ozyhibby
Surprised he's not giving Doidge a half and Nisbet a half. Maybe doesn't want to risk either getting an injury.

Maybe?[emoji23]

Wull
Mine is and has been perfect. Even the mic. Wonder why so many are having problems? Could it be a specific geographical issue?

My signal is also crap, sound especially, I'm Doon here in South Africa

easty
15-05-2021, 11:51 AM
If he is staying in Scotland it's the only obvious choice.

Wouldn't get on the Rangers bench.

Of course he would get on the rangers bench.

Stuart93
15-05-2021, 11:53 AM
I think we may well end up getting a bit of a pumping today, but in all honesty, i dont give a toss.

Na not overly bothered but would rather we don’t receive a hammering before next week. Need to keep confidence high

Hibbyradge
Heart missed a beat when Gogic slid in and grabbed his calf there.

He was just pulling up his sock though (or pulling up his sock as much as Gogic ever pulls up his socks).

Snap!

JXM73
*** great, power cut.... rely on .net for updates.... sheesh

Hibrandenburg
15-05-2021, 11:54 AM
Good save from Rocky

MikeyS
I’m not a tech man, so what’s our issue

No idea mate!?! The quality coming through from Hibs TV on mines appears to be as bad as all the others with complaints. Just quickly checked and the Huns TV channel appeas fine too.

MikeyS
Of course he would get on the rangers bench.

No much between him and McLaughlin, Andy.

OtleyHibs
15-05-2021, 11:55 AM
Good fingertip save by rocky there

neil7908
We're definitely giving them a penalty today

Booked4Being-Ugly
Living dangerously fannying about at the back.

Andy74

The sound issue at the beginning sounded very much at the source and I’d be surprised if it was perfect for anyone.

I think also there’s a range of things people are watching on. Think it would look much better on a smaller screen for example.

Anyway, such variations when people don’t have issues with other streaming must point to a problem that isn’t with peoples connections?

Coco Bryce
I put a fiver on 2-2

Think I can say cheerio to that 😂

Hibbyradge
15-05-2021, 11:56 AM
Come on Celtc, give us a goal.

This thread is far too civilised just now. :wink:

Big_Franck
Great save by Marciano.

FitbaFolkKen
Gray was lucky he didn’t go down there, good save from Rocky

Tambo
15-05-2021, 11:57 AM
Couple smart saves from Rocky and McGregor no nonsense again playing well.

easty
No much between him and McLaughlin, Andy.

I’d definitely have Rocky over McLaughlin.

blackpoolhibs
Come on Celtc, give us a goal.

This thread is far too civilised just now. :wink:

I think it's only a matter of time. :greengrin

Hibby70
Sound better now. It still sounds like commentary from an Eastern bloc country in the 80s but at least they seem to have ditched the submarine

Onceinawhile
15-05-2021, 11:58 AM
We've been hemmed right in the last 5 minutes or so.

Dalianwanda
McGregor outstanding so far (apart from his headed attempt at goal.)

Since452
Celtic huffing and puffing against our second string

Andy74
15-05-2021, 11:59 AM
Hallberg looks closest to playing centre forward!

Phil MaGlass
15-05-2021, 12:00 PM
McGregor outstanding so far (apart from his headed attempt at goal.)

Get him off at HT, shoe in for final

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2021, 12:01 PM
This squad and whatever team is put out, is working so hard for each other, not something we've seen as much as i'd have liked over the years. :top marks

The Modfather
15-05-2021, 12:02 PM
Assuming McGregor & Gogic are starting next week. Don’t think anyone else is making a strong case to start next week.

Peevemor
15-05-2021, 12:02 PM
This squad and whatever team is put out, is working so hard for each other, not something we've seen as much as i'd have liked over the years. :top marks

During Lewis's press conference this week, he was basically saying that the current squad is as close knit as any he can remember.

Onceinawhile
15-05-2021, 12:04 PM
Always said Willie colum was a good ref.

Coco Bryce
15-05-2021, 12:04 PM
Get him off at HT, shoe in for final

Defo. Bubble wrap jacket till next Saturday.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2021, 12:05 PM
I thought there was a new rule that opposition players couldnt go in the defending wall at free kicks? :confused:

wookie70
15-05-2021, 12:08 PM
I thought there was a new rule that opposition players couldnt go in the defending wall at free kicks? :confused:Doesn't apply to Celtc or the The Thes

Stevie Reid
15-05-2021, 12:10 PM
I would take Daz off at HT to protect him for next week. Been superb again.

Get Gogic at centre half, less likely to pick up an injury there than chasing shadows in midfield.

Tambo
15-05-2021, 12:12 PM
Hope Gogic can take out Collum.

Vault Boy
15-05-2021, 12:13 PM
SDG not holding back there!

Hibee Mac
I hate to be negative when we've had a good season so far but Magennis is absolutely mince.

Beginning to look like a terrible piece of business giving him a 5 year deal. Did we pay a fee as well? If so then it's even worse...

Tambo
Offside again Hibs.

Glory Lurker
15-05-2021, 12:14 PM
Drey Wright's been doing well.

wookie70
15-05-2021, 12:15 PM
We have had a shot

Vault Boy
That was a good move and an awful shot by Wright. He's done well this half though.

Tambo
Wright attempt well over.

Brightside
45 mins older.

calumhibee1
Drey Wright's been doing well.

He has :agree:

Daz has looked excellent again. Magennis, not so much unfortunately. Poor yet again.

Brightside
15-05-2021, 12:16 PM
I hate to be negative when we've had a good season so far but Magennis is absolutely mince.

Beginning to look like a terrible piece of business giving him a 5 year deal. Did we pay a fee as well? If so then it's even worse...

No he’s not.

wookie70
15-05-2021, 12:16 PM
Another half like that will do nicely

Vault Boy
15-05-2021, 12:17 PM
Can't complain about that at all. A severely weakened Hibs side keeping it goalless against Celtic at HT is about as good as you'll get.

Andy74
He has :agree:

Daz has looked excellent again. Magennis, not so much unfortunately.

Magennis has clearly been told to sit deep on the right and keep it tight.

He’s done fine.

Pretty Boy
Quite enjoyed that. It's good to watch a Hibs game with no pressure at all.

Wright has shown up well, Halberg has done pretty well and both Porteous and Daz have done absolutely fine too. A lot of possession and huffing and puffing from Celtic but they look like they just want this season done.

GreenCastle
McGregor has to start the final - even his leadership and experience will be important.

Wright has actually done fine - quite like him roaming about up front rather than wide.

It’s been mostly Celtic but we have done ok.

calumhibee1
15-05-2021, 12:18 PM

He’s done fine.

Magennis doesn’t get told to go out and do very little every time he gets an opportunity no matter how many times folk suggest that’s his instructions.

Stevie Reid
I would take Daz off at HT to protect him for next week. Been superb again.

Get Gogic at centre half, less likely to pick up an injury there than chasing shadows in midfield.

Actually scratch that. Just looked at the bench - had presumed youngsters like Bradley would have been on there.

Peevemor
Does nobody else think we might have had a decent claim for a penalty just before half time when the foul was given against Wright? For me there was some unnatural position handling of the ball.

Hiber-nation
15-05-2021, 12:19 PM
Wright looks better in that role, away from the wing where he's under pressure to beat his man. Hallberg really struggling up there though.

Borderhibbie76
I think we've found Drey Wrights position he looks far more effective playing up there 🤔

Unseen work
Couple of points from me;

Marciano - showing again he’s a really good keeper and will be a big miss.

Gray - Great to see him play again but I always felt he struggles positionally and I think that’s showing a bit today. Doesn’t help he’s not started in 15 months in the league!

McGregor - Brilliant

Magennis - Never a right winger but still needs to do more for me.

Wright - Actually impressed with him as I was his last start, seems a lot more confident than earlier in the season.

You see how hard it is playing without a recognised striker and that’s why we keep playing it back before launching it, but overall we’re playing well against a full strength Celtic team.

I actually fancy us to score as they seem poor at the back.

CmoantheHibs
Hibs defending resolutely. They have had a few chances but look anything but secure at the back so hopefully can nick one.

Stevie Reid
If we play a back four next week, Daz has to play for me - though I appreciate that it’s unlikely to be clear cut in JR’s head.

Folk always say there’s no room for sentiment in football, and that would usually apply to an older head, who’s been a great servant, being ousted by a youngster.

In this case, it’s the other way around. Ryan is the future, but this game is bigger than his career development.

RP has had a good season, I just don’t 100% trust him at the moment. Rushes of blood to the head that can lead to mistakes or red cards have to be avoided at all costs next week.

Daz is just better suited to playing Saints as well.

Kato
15-05-2021, 12:20 PM
Magennis doesn’t get told to go out and do very little every time he gets an opportunity no matter how many times folk suggest that’s his instructions.

What are his instructions then?

calumhibee1
Wright looks better in that role, away from the wing where he's under pressure to beat his man. Hallberg really struggling up there though.

He’s certainly been much better today :agree:

Good to see.

Real Emerald
Very good first half, we just need to get through the game without incident and avoid an embarrassing defeat. All boxes ticked so far. 👍

cabbageandribs1875
15-05-2021, 12:21 PM
Possession
28% v 72%

Shots
2 v 12

Shots on target
0 v 7

Corners
1v 4

Fouls
7 v 4....winning in this stat anyway :)

calumhibee1

I’m not sure, I’m not Jack Ross.

It’s certainly not to play as a wide midfielder but actually to sit really deep and do nothing every time he gets on the pitch though.

He’s an extremely poor player based on his performances in a Hibs strip.

Drey Wright on the other hand has looked very decent today.

Unseen work
McGregor has to start the final - even his leadership and experience will be important.

Wright has actually done fine - quite like him roaming about up front rather than wide.

It’s been mostly Celtic but we have done ok.

I actually think it’s Wrights best position, thought he done well in a similar role at the start of the season against Aberdeen.

Bangkok Hibby
15-05-2021, 12:22 PM
Sound and picture fine here and has been all season .

Weird eh? For the previous 2 seasons I probably complained more than most about Hibs tv **** quality. This season its been near perfect and nothing has changed at my end,

Kato
15-05-2021, 12:24 PM
I’m not sure, I’m not Jack Ross.

It’s certainly not to play as a wide midfielder but actually to sit really deep and do nothing every time he gets on the pitch though.

He’s an extremely poor player based on his performances in a Hibs strip.

Looks to me like the ball isn't sticking up front for Hibs and most of our players are being pinned back in their positions. There's a difference between not making an impact going forward and being an "extremely poor player".

The Modfather
15-05-2021, 12:25 PM

What’s the role he was bought for? I’d have liked to have seen him play that role in a dead rubber like today. He seems to get shunted about the midfield which would be fine if he was a free signing like Wright and doing a job. However we spent a fee for him and gave him a 5 year deal and a season later I’m still none the wiser as to what role we bought him for.

I think there’s a debate to be had about Magennis, but it’s not particularly important today and we’re all looking forward to next week anyway.

Brightside
15-05-2021, 12:27 PM

He’s done fine.

Exactly. Tight and compact. I’m not sure what people watch half the time.

Borderhibbie76
15-05-2021, 12:27 PM
What’s the role he was bought for? I’d have liked to have seen him play that role in a dead rubber like today. He seems to get shunted about the midfield which would be fine if he was a free signing like Wright and doing a job. However we spent a fee for him and gave him a 5 year deal and a season later I’m still none the wiser as to what role we bought him for.

I think there’s a debate to be had about Magennis, but it’s not particularly important today and we’re all looking forward to next week anyway.

Hes had a really poor start to his Hibs career not really done anything of note...gonna have to up his game massively next season id say

Brightside
15-05-2021, 12:28 PM
Couple of points from me;

Marciano - showing again he’s a really good keeper and will be a big miss.

Gray - Great to see him play again but I always felt he struggles positionally and I think that’s showing a bit today. Doesn’t help he’s not started in 15 months in the league!

McGregor - Brilliant

Magennis - Never a right winger but still needs to do more for me.

Wright - Actually impressed with him as I was his last start, seems a lot more confident than earlier in the season.

You see how hard it is playing without a recognised striker and that’s why we keep playing it back before launching it, but overall we’re playing well against a full strength Celtic team.

I actually fancy us to score as they seem poor at the back.

We aren’t playing with wingers.

wookie70
Great video with Sue. She was fantastic when my kids were mascots. Another legend in her own way. Just play parts 2 and 3 instead of the second half

calumhibee1
Looks to me like the ball isn't sticking up front for Hibs and most of our players are being pinned back in their positions. There's a difference between not making an impact going forward and being an "extremely poor player".

This isn’t an observation based just on today. This is based on his 24 appearances.

When you’re supposed to be an attack minded player then not making any impact going forward over the course of a season pretty much does make you an extremely poor player.

Unseen work
15-05-2021, 12:29 PM
Although it’s not his position Magennis still needs to effect the game more.

He wasn’t brought in to sit infront of the back 4, it was to be a box to box player that chips in with goals, he should be able to show us that to some degree from a wider position?

Play a telling pass, take a player on, commit someone, get in a good position and have a shot just anything. So many side and backward passes and I’m not just saying today.

He was one I wanted us to sign but if he keeps doing these safe performances people will get fed up.

I played centre mid and would occasionally get stuck out wide but you’d at least try cut inside when you’re on the ball and have a shot, play a one-two or a through ball.

If Mallan was playing out wide he would have offered more.

In fairness I think his confidence is completely shot and he just wants to get through a month without an injury.

Kato
15-05-2021, 12:29 PM
I think there’s a debate to be had about Magennis, .

He needs to make his mark next season. Competition for places will be tight and he has to show some appetite. Not writing him off just yet as he's got a lot of room for improvement.

The hyperbole of branding him as an "extremely poor player" as above seems a bit trite.

calumhibee1
15-05-2021, 12:30 PM
Great video with Sue. She was fantastic when my kids were mascots. Another legend in her own way. Just play parts 2 and 3 instead of the second half

:agree:

Since452
Decent strength in depth in this squad. The B team have done well so far

Real Emerald

That was brilliant, had me greetin again. So emotional and summed up so many peoples feelings that day. 🇳🇬 GGTTH

Viva_Palmeiras
15-05-2021, 12:31 PM
And the crap sound returns...

Hibs90
15-05-2021, 12:31 PM
He needs to make his mark next season. Competition for places will be tight and he has to show some appetite. Not writing him off just yet as he's got a lot of room for improvement.

He had a long lay off and then a further niggle. What he needs is a proper pre season then games to find that balance and sharpness and then we will see the best out of him hopefully.

Brightside
15-05-2021, 12:32 PM
Players follow instructions. If they don’t the manager replaces them. Maybe just maybe the players are doing as instructed.

CMurdoch
Wright, Hallberg & McGregor looking well up to being part of the Hibs squad for next season.
Magennis has to have a great preseason and step it up.
Rocky like McGregor just makes you feel he has it covered. I will miss that.

calumhibee1
Although it’s not his position Magennis still needs to effect the game more.

He wasn’t brought in to sit infront of the back 4, it was to be a box to box player that chips in with goals, he should be able to show us that to some degree from a wider position?

Play a telling pass, take a player on, commit someone, get in a good position and have a shot just anything. So many side and backward passes and I’m not just saying today.

He was one I wanted us to sign but if he keeps doing these safe performances people will get fed up.

I played centre mid and would occasionally get stuck out wide but you’d at least try cut inside when you’re on the ball and have a shot, play a one-two or a through ball.

If Mallan was playing out wide he would have offered more.

In fairness I think his confidence is completely shot and he just wants to get through a month without an injury.

:agree:

There’s been a lot of excuses made for him but there’s no excuse for him showing a lack of ability to do anything whether that’s out wide or in the centre. He should still be able to find a forward pass, make a run beyond the forwards, get down the line with the ball.

He’s shown absolutely nothing positive and had quite a few negatives. Even Drey Wright has shown more.

calumhibee1
15-05-2021, 12:33 PM
Players follow instructions. If they don’t the manager replaces them. Maybe just maybe the players are doing as instructed.

Magennis never manages more than two games in a row and rarely manages to finish games he starts.

Maybe the problem is he’s not doing as instructed.

Mr Grieves
15-05-2021, 12:36 PM
Was that a shot?

blackpoolhibs
Hallberg close with a snap shot. :wink:

3pm
How many on the bench next week?

Tambo
15-05-2021, 12:37 PM
Was that a shot?