PDA

View Full Version : Ofir Marciano last game for Hibs at Easter Road

theonlywayisup
15-05-2021, 05:41 AM
Well it looks like he could be back in goals for Hibs today. His last game at Easter Road, and possibly his last game ever for the Hibees.

What will be your memories of Marciano?

He always came across as someone who really enjoyed his time at Hibs. One of the best goalkeepers we've had in recent years. I wish him all the best for the future. It's just a pity that we can't be at Easter Road to say "goodbye".

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause::applause:

http://www.7msport.com/news/newsdata/20210514/192386.shtml

Gloucester Hibs
15-05-2021, 05:56 AM
Favourite Rocky moments: his outstanding second half performance against Celtic at ER a couple of seasons back under Heckingbottom. His remarkable double save from Arfield against the Huns earlier this season.

Diclonius
15-05-2021, 06:40 AM
Got to be honest, I'd rather his last game was the cup final.

I like Macey but Marciano is the best Hibs goalkeeper arguably in my lifetime and it would be fantastic to see him leave with a trophy.

GreenCastle
15-05-2021, 06:41 AM
Great guy who gave his all for Hibs and his family really took to Edinburgh and the club.

I wish them all the best and even if he ends up at Celtic he goes with my best wishes.

Favourite moment..hard to pick an exact moment but he definitely had incredible reactions and saved a few which looked destined to go in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEgSumnXXSM

Hope Hibs give him a good send off today - then maybe we might even get a chance to sing his song one final time after the final ! I would also play him in the final as he’s capable of winning you the game.

Onion
15-05-2021, 07:12 AM
Great goalkeeper who has served the club well over the years. Wish him all the best.

My abiding memory will be the strange feeling of calm he brought to the position, especially at the PBS where so many of his predecessors were nervous wrecks and mocked to distraction. Rocky changed the script.

flash
15-05-2021, 07:20 AM
He must be leaving with a bit of a sour taste with not playing in the Cup Final which is a shame as he has been a cracking keeper for us.

Crunchie
15-05-2021, 07:22 AM
Got to be honest, I'd rather his last game was the cup final.

I like Macey but Marciano is the best Hibs goalkeeper arguably in my lifetime and it would be fantastic to see him leave with a trophy.
Nowhere near as good as Goram imo. I'd rather Macey was in today and the cup final, maybe not as good a shot stopper but a better all round keeper for me.

LeithMike
15-05-2021, 07:22 AM
I can understand what JR was doing having a 'cup goalie' but cup semi-finals and finals are the biggest games of the season for Hibs and its a bit of a shame that this means the number 1 goalkeeper doesnt get to play in the biggest games. Next week would have been the biggest game of his time at Hibs and he must feel a bit snubbed - unless, of course, there is something we dont know.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Heckys Wheel
15-05-2021, 07:30 AM
I think it would be different if Macey was on loan or leaving as well but if he’s to be our number 1 next season then JR is quite right to stick by him. Can’t say Macey’s done anything to worry me but I will say I always felt confident with Rocky in goals at free kicks around the box. If Middleton is standing over a free kick next week, I’d rather have Rocky in goals facing it.

hibee-boys
15-05-2021, 07:36 AM
Great servant to the club and wish him well in the next stage of his career. Have no worries about Macey being in goal next week though.

Iain G
15-05-2021, 07:56 AM
Nowhere near as good as Goram imo. I'd rather Macey was in today and the cup final, maybe not as good a shot stopper but a better all round keeper for me.

Macey or Dabrowski today for me.

Rocky has chosen to leave so good luck to him, he has been a decent keeper, but rather we used a game against Celtic to get more experience into our ongoing goalkeepers.

Borderhibbie76
15-05-2021, 08:03 AM
Don't really get the play Rocky in the Final over a keeper who has got us to the Final and done nothing wrong. Loved Rocky at Hibs and wish him well but he chose to move on so we also move on and play the guy who has committed his future to Hibs. Also from a superstition point of view, Rocky has a dreadful record at Hampden has he actually won a match at the Stadium?

But good luck today Rocky and best wishes for the future, thanks for your service to the club - been a great keeper for us

Since452
15-05-2021, 08:06 AM
No room for sentiment in football. Macey and Dabrowski have committed to the club so one of them should start, hopefully the young lad. Thank Marciano for his efforts but not his gloves anymore.

Diclonius
15-05-2021, 08:06 AM

Goram's last season was the one before I was born. :wink:

Crunchie
15-05-2021, 08:07 AM
No room for sentiment in football. Macey and Dabrowski have committed to the club so one of them should start. Thank Marciano for his efforts but not his gloves anymore.
:top marks

hibee
15-05-2021, 08:14 AM
I struggle to think of any great memories of him, nothing against him and I wish him well if he doesn’t go to Glasgow but he’s running down his contract because he doesn’t want to be here so I don’t see any reason to play him over the players who are our future.

Northernhibee
15-05-2021, 08:14 AM
You have to earn your place in a cup final and Marciano has been a part of a few semi final squads that fell short.

He has been an excellent keeper who has gotten both what Hibs are all about and he will be a player whose career I will follow. Very sad to see him go and wish him all the best.

Heisenberg
15-05-2021, 08:19 AM
Glad he’ll get one more game today. He usually has brilliant games at home to Celtc/Rangers, hope he plays well and gets a decent send off from his teammates.

Johnny_Leith
15-05-2021, 08:20 AM
He's been a great GK for Hibs. Some fantastic performances and saves. As mentioned by another poster, he brought an assurance and confidence to the position and I always had faith that he'd keep most shots out and occasionally produce the unbelievable.

Good luck Rocky.

Sir David Gray
15-05-2021, 08:28 AM
Don't really get the play Rocky in the Final over a keeper who has got us to the Final and done nothing wrong. Loved Rocky at Hibs and wish him well but he chose to move on so we also move on and play the guy who has committed his future to Hibs. Also from a superstition point of view, Rocky has a dreadful record at Hampden has he actually won a match at the Stadium?

But good luck today Rocky and best wishes for the future, thanks for your service to the club - been a great keeper for us

Marciano's played at Hampden five times in his career for both Hibs and Israel (twice for Israel and three times for Hibs) and has never won.

Andy74
15-05-2021, 08:39 AM

We are nowhere near knowing if Macey is a better all round keeper. Certainly can’t say that on the limited games we’ve seen so far.

JimBHibees
15-05-2021, 08:41 AM
Favourite Rocky moments: his outstanding second half performance against Celtic at ER a couple of seasons back under Heckingbottom. His remarkable double save from Arfield against the Huns earlier this season.

Pretty much mirrors my recollection his performance v Celtic was incredible had about 4 saves in injury time alone. Has been a great servant and he and his young family have genuinely appeared to have embraced their time in this part of the world. Hope his next move is a success and wish him all the best for the future. Thanks Rocky :clapper: :not worth

Shame we are not able to give him the proper send off he deserves.

Since452
15-05-2021, 08:43 AM
I struggle to think of any great memories of him, nothing against him and I wish him well if he doesn’t go to Glasgow but he’s running down his contract because he doesn’t want to be here so I don’t see any reason to play him over the players who are our future.

I'm similar. Decent enough keeper but I don't remember any match winning performances and he lost his place to two other keepers when he wasn't performing. He's made noises about moving on for a few seasons now no not really too bothered.

weecounty hibby
15-05-2021, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the last few years and he has been a very good keeper at our level. But he has decided to leave and we have two other jeepers who have decided to stay. Got to play Macey today and next week. Thanks for everything Ofir and best of luck to you and your family wherever you go

Eyrie
15-05-2021, 08:46 AM
We are nowhere near knowing if Macey is a better all round keeper. Certainly can’t say that on the limited games we’ve seen so far.

Exactly, yet there are people rushing to claim he's not as good as Marciano based on that same limited evidence.

I'll put my trust in the judgement of Ross, who has just led us to third place for the first time in far too long.

15-05-2021, 08:49 AM
Marciano's played at Hampden four times in his career for both Hibs and Israel (twice each) and has never won.

He's lost there 3 times with Hibs. SC semi in 2017 3-2 to Aberdeen, SC semi 2-1 to Hearts last year and this year's LC semi 3-0 to St Johnstone.

I'm a fan of Rocky but I'm happy with Macey in the final. I think it has been good man management by JR the way he's handled it.

CapitalGreen
15-05-2021, 08:51 AM
Marciano's played at Hampden four times in his career for both Hibs and Israel (twice each) and has never won.

Conceding 8 for Hibs, one of which was an absolute howler v Aberdeen.

B.H.F.C
15-05-2021, 08:53 AM
He must be leaving with a bit of a sour taste with not playing in the Cup Final which is a shame as he has been a cracking keeper for us.

Agree with this. Even though he’s chosen to move on, I feel a bit sorry for him that he won’t get to finish with a cup final appearance.

Eyrie
Conceding 6 for Hibs, one of which was an absolute howler v Aberdeen.

Was that the one where he lined up his wall to protect the near post so that he could be positioned for a cross, only for the wall to break up allowing the Aberdeen player to score at the near post which Marciano had thought was protected?

superfurryhibby
You have to earn your place in a cup final and Marciano has been a part of a few semi final squads that fell short.

He has been an excellent keeper who has got both what Hibs are all about and he will be a player whose career I will follow. Very sad to see him go and wish him all the best.

Fixed that for you. I hate Americanisation creeping into our language. Headed, gotten, vacation, movie etc...moan, ....nag......blah, blah.

I would just echo what you say, wish the guy all the best. If there were fans present I might play him, as it is I’d be starting Macey.

Andy74
15-05-2021, 08:55 AM
Exactly, yet there are people rushing to claim he's not as good as Marciano based on that same limited evidence.

I'll put my trust in the judgement of Ross, who has just led us to third place for the first time in far too long.

That’s more understandable though.

Rocky has been here 5 years playing at a high level of consistency, he has played regular football for about 10 years and played nearly 30 international games.

Ross clearly has him as our number one.

Macey has played a handful of games for us, not all faultless by any means but good overall, has played one full season ever for a team that got relegated.

There’s a bit more there behind the thought that Rocky is the better keeper.

Hopefully Macey becomes a capable replacement but we are a long way from knowing that. We don’t know how he is with crowds in the ground, how he reacts to mistakes or poor form, how many mistakes he makes over a longer period, how he handles derbies etc etc.

B.H.F.C
15-05-2021, 08:58 AM
No room for sentiment in football. Macey and Dabrowski have committed to the club so one of them should start, hopefully the young lad. Thank Marciano for his efforts but not his gloves anymore.

It would hardly be sentiment if you were to play the goalie who has been your number one all season, when you’ve just had your best league finish for 16 years.

There might be reasons to play or not play him but it’ll be nothing to do with sentiment if he does.

Brummie_Hibs
15-05-2021, 08:59 AM
A good keeper, compared to what we've had in the recent past, but I wouldn't call him a great one.

I think Macey will prove to be the same level.

Sir David Gray
15-05-2021, 09:01 AM
He's lost there 3 times with Hibs. SC semi in 2017 3-2 to Aberdeen, SC semi 2-1 to Hearts last year and this year's LC semi 3-0 to St Johnstone.

I'm a fan of Rocky but I'm happy with Macey in the final. I think it has been good man management by JR the way he's handled it.

So he has, forgot this season.

CmoantheHibs
15-05-2021, 09:05 AM
I’m sad to see Rocky leaving. It’s just a pity Hibs supporters will not get the chance to show their appreciation. He has been a fantastic keeper for us in a position that was problematic for many years. Wish him well wherever he ends up.

15-05-2021, 09:26 AM
So he has, forgot this season.

I'd actually thought it was more than 3 times. We've lost 2 LC semis to Celtic in his time with us but it was Laidlaw in the 4-2 game in 2017 and Maxwell in the 5-2 game in 219.

BILLYHIBS
15-05-2021, 09:27 AM
Without doubt probably the best naturally instinctive reactionary goalkeeper I have seen at HIBS

All the best for the future Rocky!

:thumbsup:

MWHIBBIES
15-05-2021, 09:28 AM

He has been an excellent keeper who has gotten both what Hibs are all about and he will be a player whose career I will follow. Very sad to see him go and wish him all the best.

Who will we actually be able to play, then? Basically every player we have has done this.

MWHIBBIES
15-05-2021, 09:29 AM
Was that the one where he lined up his wall to protect the near post so that he could be positioned for a cross, only for the wall to break up allowing the Aberdeen player to score at the near post which Marciano had thought was protected?

Thats the one. It really is a testiment to how good he has been that this, 4 years on, is still being talked about.

GRA
15-05-2021, 09:34 AM
Got 5 years out of him. Really good servant and really good goalkeeper. We had a few years of having really dodgy keepers (especially ones who seemed to buckle under the pressure against Hearts) so good to have a consistent performer in that position.

His decision making for crosses was sometimes flaky but fantastic shot stopper. The worldie of a save he made against Dundee back in November 2017 comes to mind.

Agree no time for sentiment now and IMO Macey has earned his place in the final. All the best Rocky!

MrRobot
15-05-2021, 09:36 AM
I can understand what JR was doing having a 'cup goalie' but cup semi-finals and finals are the biggest games of the season for Hibs and its a bit of a shame that this means the number 1 goalkeeper doesnt get to play in the biggest games. Next week would have been the biggest game of his time at Hibs and he must feel a bit snubbed - unless, of course, there is something we dont know.

If you were a GK that has committed to the club and you got dropped despite playing well in each game so far for a departing keeper would you be happy? Macey should rightfully start the cup final.

Rocky has been solid for us, but as others say he’s chosen to leave. He goes with good wishes, but I look forward to seeing more of Macey and hope he is an even better keeper and there has been nothing so far to suggest that he won’t be.

hibbysam
15-05-2021, 09:48 AM
Big time big game player. An outstanding servant to the club, got what it means to play for Hibs, and has never had a bad word to say about us. Can count his mistakes on two hands in those 5 years. The fact our official Twitter is obsessed with Scott brown today rather than Ofir is indicative of where our social media has got to. Gutted to see the big man leave and will be a really hard job for replacements to live up to his standards.

Andy74
15-05-2021, 09:51 AM
If you were a GK that has committed to the club and you got dropped despite playing well in each game so far for a departing keeper would you be happy? Macey should rightfully start the cup final.

Rocky has been solid for us, but as others say he’s chosen to leave. He goes with good wishes, but I look forward to seeing more of Macey and hope he is an even better keeper and there has been nothing so far to suggest that he won’t be.

You don’t just drop players that are leaving though.

We don’t have any commitment from Irvine for next year. Assume we should sit him out until we do? I’m sure Hallberg could do a decent job for example?

Vault Boy
15-05-2021, 09:57 AM
The best Hibs keeper in my lifetime, what a player he's been for us. Some of his saves have been ridiculous.

Peevemor
15-05-2021, 09:57 AM
Big time big game player. An outstanding servant to the club, got what it means to play for Hibs, and has never had a bad word to say about us. Can count his mistakes on two hands in those 5 years. The fact our official Twitter is obsessed with Scott brown today rather than Ofir is indicative of where our social media has got to. Gutted to see the big man leave and will be a really hard job for replacements to live up to his standards.

I've nothing at all against Rocky and would have been happy enough to see him continue with us had a contract been sorted out, but in what way has he been "an outstanding servant to the club"?

From what I've seen he's simply done his job, sometimes very well and sometimes not so well. He's had various layoffs with injury and personal issues (as can happen with anyone) and has also been accommodated in terms of his religion.

I sincerely hope the best for him in the future, but I don't hold him in the same esteem as many on here.

LeithMike
15-05-2021, 09:58 AM

Rocky has been solid for us, but as others say he’s chosen to leave. He goes with good wishes, but I look forward to seeing more of Macey and hope he is an even better keeper and there has been nothing so far to suggest that he won’t be.The comment was made without making judgement as to who should play.

I think, anyone, looking at it from Rocky's point of view would feel a bit hard done by. It could have been an amazing cap to his 5 years to play in the final and he's the established first choice. Equally, Macey is just starting out, has had some great exposure and hopefully has more semi finals and finals ahead.

My overall view of Rocky is that he wasnt the greatest coming off his line or with the ball at his feet but he has been a fantastic shotstopper whichbis what you actually want from a goalkeeper. Hibs have had a fair few goalkeepers who dont make saves - Oxley for one, where nearly every shot on target ends as a goal. With Marciano, that was never the case and strikers have always had to work really hard to beat him. He's had a couple of blips along the way but overall has been truly excellent.

15-05-2021, 09:59 AM

We don’t have any commitment from Irvine for next year. Assume we should sit him out until we do? I’m sure Hallberg could do a decent job for example?

Not the same situation. Irvine hasn't said he is definitely leaving and Hallberg's contract isn't about to end. JR told Macey he'd get the cup games and for all we know, that might be what persuaded him to sign for us. Given that JR gave him that commitment, are you saying he should go back on his word? Or are you saying that his mistake was to do what was necessary to get a player signing over the line (one that he was obviously confident about being a good player for us having seen him up close for 3-4 months)?

And Rocky hasn't been dropped as such, he's playing today.

brog
15-05-2021, 10:00 AM
Fixed that for you. I hate Americanisation creeping into our language. Headed, gotten, vacation, movie etc...moan, ....nag......blah, blah.

I would just echo what you say, wish the guy all the best. If there were fans present I might play him, as it is I’d be starting Macey.

I'm with you in principle but "gotten" is actually old or middle English! We shortened it to got, the North Americans didn't!

Tambo
15-05-2021, 10:22 AM
Good luck in the future rocky, was some outstanding saves at times.

MrRobot
15-05-2021, 10:23 AM

Rocky isn’t being dropped for the final cause he’s not played in the SC games, Macey would be the one being dropped and he’s done nothing to deserve that.

And yes i’d start Hallberg next week, but alongside Irvine.

Borderhibbie76
15-05-2021, 10:28 AM
Without doubt probably the best naturally instinctive reactionary goalkeeper I have seen at HIBS

All the best for the future Rocky!

I'm guessing your too young to remember Goram or Leighton? As good as Rocky has been he's nowhere near their standards

MrRobot
15-05-2021, 10:35 AM
The comment was made without making judgement as to who should play.

I think, anyone, looking at it from Rocky's point of view would feel a bit hard done by. It could have been an amazing cap to his 5 years to play in the final and he's the established first choice. Equally, Macey is just starting out, has had some great exposure and hopefully has more semi finals and finals ahead.

My overall view of Rocky is that he wasnt the greatest coming off his line or with the ball at his feet but he has been a fantastic shotstopper whichbis what you actually want from a goalkeeper. Hibs have had a fair few goalkeepers who dont make saves - Oxley for one, where nearly every shot on target ends as a goal. With Marciano, that was never the case and strikers have always had to work really hard to beat him. He's had a couple of blips along the way but overall has been truly excellent.

I’d agree with that. Distribution and commanding his box wasn’t his strength but his shot stopping and reactions were outstanding at times. After years of dodgy keepers, he was definitely a welcome addition and a solid keeper.

I’d like to have seen Rocky stay but from what i’ve seen so far of Macey, I think we’ve got a really good replacement.

JimboHibs
15-05-2021, 10:47 AM

Good luck Rocky been a cracking keeper

Ps you were alive when Jim Leighton was our keeper 😉

McD
15-05-2021, 10:50 AM
Rocky isn’t being dropped for the final cause he’s not played in the SC games, Macey would be the one being dropped and he’s done nothing to deserve that.

And yes i’d start Hallberg next week, but alongside Irvine.

given he’s played every cup game and appears to have been given that commitment from JR, it would be a kick in the teeth for Macey to be dropped for the final, doubly so having signed on for the longer term.

Macey should play in the final, he’s earned it

CMurdoch
15-05-2021, 10:51 AM

I preferred the posters use of gotten instead of got BUT in almost every instance substituting another word for gotten or got is better and more descriptive as well.

MrRobot
15-05-2021, 10:54 AM
given he’s played every cup game and appears to have been given that commitment from JR, it would be a kick in the teeth for Macey to be dropped for the final, doubly so having signed on for the longer term.

Macey should play in the final, he’s earned it

:agree:

seanshow
15-05-2021, 11:04 AM
He's Magic you know, Ofir Marciano,Good luck today and especially next week.

A real shame a deal couldn't be agreed for him to end his career here as they have become a brilliant Hibee family, but Less rain in Tel aviv for the big man that's one bonus :flag:

Andy74
15-05-2021, 12:04 PM
Not the same situation. Irvine hasn't said he is definitely leaving and Hallberg's contract isn't about to end. JR told Macey he'd get the cup games and for all we know, that might be what persuaded him to sign for us. Given that JR gave him that commitment, are you saying he should go back on his word? Or are you saying that his mistake was to do what was necessary to get a player signing over the line (one that he was obviously confident about being a good player for us having seen him up close for 3-4 months)?

And Rocky hasn't been dropped as such, he's playing today.

I was responding to the suggestion he shouldn’t be playing at all now because he’s leaving. That’s rubbish. The cup decision has been a side one but Rocky has been first choice and leaving hasn’t changed that this season.

BILLYHIBS
15-05-2021, 12:11 PM
I'm guessing your too young to remember Goram or Leighton? As good as Rocky has been he's nowhere near their standards

Far from it

Goram the best by far followed by Leighton then Roughie

Rocky the best instinctive reflex goalie in the split second apart from that never been a fan

Still wish him all the best

MrRobot
15-05-2021, 12:17 PM
I was responding to the suggestion he shouldn’t be playing at all now because he’s leaving. That’s rubbish. The cup decision has been a side one but Rocky has been first choice and leaving hasn’t changed that this season.

Wasn’t a really a suggestion he shouldnt be playing cause he’s leaving though was it? I said i don’t think Macey would be happy to be dropped for a keeper who’s leaving when he hasn’t done anything to warrant being dropped. Even if Rocky wasn’t leaving, Macey has earned his spot in my eyes.

Andy74
15-05-2021, 12:20 PM
Wasn’t a really a suggestion he shouldnt be playing cause he’s leaving though was it? I said i don’t think Macey would be happy to be dropped for a keeper who’s leaving when he hasn’t done anything to warrant being dropped. Even if Rocky wasn’t leaving, Macey has earned his spot in my eyes.

Macey only got in to play cup games. He hasn’t done anything to earn that chance really - he was promised it and Rocky hasn’t done anything wrong to have been dropped.

He’s clearly first choice and that’s what we see out with the cup games.

And yes there was a suggestion on the thread that he’s leaving so the gloves should be Macey’s.

Shrekko
15-05-2021, 12:23 PM
I've nothing at all against Rocky and would have been happy enough to see him continue with us had a contract been sorted out, but in what way has he been "an outstanding servant to the club"?

From what I've seen he's simply done his job, sometimes very well and sometimes not so well. He's had various layoffs with injury and personal issues (as can happen with anyone) and has also been acommodated in terms of his religion.

I sincerely hope the best for him in the future, but I don't hold him in the same esteem as many on here.

With you all the way on this - been generally good for us these past 5 years so wish him all the best. He’s played very well today so far as well.

However - some of the over hyping of him, I’m guessing by fans that are a bit younger, is becoming a bit much.

Reflex saves have been superb at times but there have been some unconvincing times too.

Hiber-nation
15-05-2021, 12:27 PM
Cracking keeper and I'd love to see him start next week, unlikely of course!

Andy74
15-05-2021, 12:28 PM
With you all the way on this - been generally good for us these past 5 years so wish him all the best. He’s played very well today so far as well.

However - some of the over hyping of him, I’m guessing by fans that are a bit younger, is becoming a bit much.

Reflex saves have been superb at times but there have been some unconvincing times too.

I’m not young by any means and he’s one of the best keepers we’ve had in my time supporting Hibs. That’s not over hyping, that’s just a fact.

Of course there are some times all keepers are ‘unconvincing’. He’s done a superb job of minimising those moments though which is all you can ask.

The strange thing for me is the amount of people now suggesting he hasn’t been a top keeper for us. Perhaps taking the huff because he’s leaving.

If we are going to get better than him for next season then brilliant.

Suspect we might not though.

cabbageandribs1875
15-05-2021, 12:35 PM
really going to miss Rocky :( wish him, shelley and young family all the very best for the future

i was reading her flight from Frankfurt to Israel turned around the other day due to Rocket attacks from Gaza, flying to israel to have their second wean

Shrekko
15-05-2021, 12:40 PM
I’m not young by any means and he’s one of the best keepers we’ve had in my time supporting Hibs. That’s not over hyping, that’s just a fact.

Of course there are some times all keepers are ‘unconvincing’. He’s done a superb job of minimising those moments though which is all you can ask.

The strange thing for me is the amount of people now suggesting he hasn’t been a top keeper for us. Perhaps taking the huff because he’s leaving.

There will be a lot of folk who won’t admit it even if we do end up stronger in the goalie department.

I’m certainly not in the huff - I’d have been happy for him to stay but I’ve never been super comfortable with him a lot of the time.

Like I say - he’s generally been good. ‘Top keeper’ is a matter of opinion though and not ‘fact’ though.

MrRobot
15-05-2021, 01:00 PM
Macey only got in to play cup games. He hasn’t done anything to earn that chance really - he was promised it and Rocky hasn’t done anything wrong to have been dropped.

He’s clearly first choice and that’s what we see out with the cup games.

And yes there was a suggestion on the thread that he’s leaving so the gloves should be Macey’s.

I don’t agree with the first part. He has performed well in the cup games to warrant his starting spot I think.

If he had been performing badly in the cup games then I suspect Rocky would start the final but he hasn’t.

Northernhibee
15-05-2021, 01:54 PM
Thank you Ofir.

Billy Whizz
15-05-2021, 01:54 PM
Good luck Rocky

Vault Boy
15-05-2021, 01:55 PM

Glory Lurker
15-05-2021, 01:59 PM
Thanks, Ofir, and all the very best for the future.

wallpaperman
15-05-2021, 02:11 PM

I stretch back to the Mike McDonald/Jim McArthur days, off all the keepers we have had since then I would rank Rocky only behind Jim Leighton and Andy Goram. Put Rocky just slightly ahead of Alan Rough.

All the very best to him and his family, they appear to have loved living here, and I hope he gets a really lucrative contract, which I don’t think he’ll have had so far in his career (even if it was to be one of the ugly sisters).

Viva_Palmeiras
15-05-2021, 02:20 PM

just goes to show there’s no pleasing some. We’ve emerged from in any cases traumatic goal keeping experiences - are we expecting our keepers to be flawless?

Stanton Spence
15-05-2021, 02:22 PM
I'd be playing Rocky in the final which has become more or less accepted now that Macy is and should be playing.
I listened to Darren Mcgregor getting awarded his man of the match award on hibs TV and even he said he's the best he's seen at Easter Road and that's good enough for me.
In no way am I having a dig at Macy and he's played well when called upon and played in all the rounds but I'm more from the play your best players when fit and available camp and Rocky is both

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Andy74
15-05-2021, 02:24 PM
I don’t agree with the first part. He has performed well in the cup games to warrant his starting spot I think.

If he had been performing badly in the cup games then I suspect Rocky would start the final but he hasn’t.

Yeah but he only got to play in those games in the first place by way of an arrangement. He didn’t earn it by being better than Rocky.

RoYO!
15-05-2021, 02:25 PM
Thank you Ofir!

15-05-2021, 02:25 PM
I presume Rocky will be on the bench next week so today wasn't definitely his last match (though it probably was). Macey could get injured in training or have to isolate due to Covid.

Shrekko
15-05-2021, 02:34 PM
just goes to show there’s no pleasing some. We’ve emerged from in any cases traumatic goal keeping experiences - are we expecting our keepers to be flawless?

Nope, and I didn’t say I wasn’t pleased with him overall. He’s been a good goalie for us for a good length of time.

15-05-2021, 02:50 PM
All ether best Rocky, thank you for your excellent service :top marks

From what I’ve seen from his wife on Twitter I think Him and his family really settled and enjoyed their time in Edinburgh.

Wilson
15-05-2021, 03:02 PM
I'd be playing Rocky in the final which has become more or less accepted now that Macy is and should be playing.
I listened to Darren Mcgregor getting awarded his man of the match award on hibs TV and even he said he's the best he's seen at Easter Road and that's good enough for me.
In no way am I having a dig at Macy and he's played well when called upon and played in all the rounds but I'm more from the play your best players when fit and available camp and Rocky is both

He would have been fit and available in earlier rounds so presumably you'd have just played Rocky all along? I'm not sure that is the best way to use the squad or look after your number one keeper.

Other than that I'm in the camp that there has to be a pathway into the team. That players can get a chance and earn their spot. I agree that Rocky wasn't dropped (in the sense of having done anything wrong) but, having been given an opportunity, Macey has been worthy of further inclusion.

Stanton Spence
15-05-2021, 03:09 PM
He would have been fit and available in earlier rounds so presumably you'd have just played Rocky all along? I'm not sure that is the best way to use the squad or look after your number one keeper.

Other than that I'm in the camp that there has to be a pathway into the team. That players can get a chance and earn their spot. I agree that Rocky wasn't dropped (in the sense of having done anything wrong) but, having been given an opportunity, Macey has been worthy of further inclusion.I probably would have played rocky all along or at least from the last 8.
I'm just not a big fan changing your goal keeper based on the competition and think it should be all about who is the best keeper. But I can't argue if Macy is in goals as I expect now for the final

ekhibee
15-05-2021, 03:29 PM
Firstly can I say I would like to wish him all the best, he's been with us for quite a while, and that in itself deserves a lot of credit. As far as his goalkeeping ability is concerned, he is a good, solid keeper, nothing remarkable but certainly not a bad keeper. I certainly wouldn't have minded if he was the keeper in the SC final either. It's difficult to compare him with any of our recent keepers cos most of them have been have been pretty **** TBH. The other thing was, did he not put in a transfer request, was it last season or the season before? Might be wrong but there was a strong rumour on here about it.

O'Rourke3
15-05-2021, 03:30 PM
I stretch back to the Mike McDonald/Jim McArthur days, off all the keepers we have had since then I would rank Rocky only behind Jim Leighton and Andy Goram. Put Rocky just slightly ahead of Alan Rough.

All the very best to him and his family, they appear to have loved living here, and I hope he gets a really lucrative contract, which I don’t think he’ll have had so far in his career (even if it was to be one of the ugly sisters).I come in around Gordon Marshall and I'd still agree.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

A Hi-Bee
15-05-2021, 03:34 PM
I go back to Ronnie Simpson, dont think Rocky was as good as Roughie, but he has been a very good goalkeeper for Hibs and I would wish him awe the very best as long as he dont go to sevco.

hibbysam
15-05-2021, 03:43 PM

From what I've seen he's simply done his job, sometimes very well and sometimes not so well. He's had various layoffs with injury and personal issues (as can happen with anyone) and has also been accommodated in terms of his religion.

An international keeper that came to us in the championship, helped get us promoted, helped us to two of our best seasons ever points wise. No idea why the mention about accommodating his religion, very strange comment. He’s been outstanding, you just have to look at the clear feeling around social media regarding his last game today. The best this century and by a decent distance.

MWHIBBIES
15-05-2021, 03:48 PM

''sometimes very well'' - you mean, the vast majority of the time very well?

''sometimes not so well'' - rarely make a mistake

Stuart93
15-05-2021, 03:49 PM
Best goalie I’ve seen at hibs in my time watching them

There’s not been a good selection to choose from mind you

seanshow
15-05-2021, 04:00 PM

See you Big Man and All the best :not worth (https://mobile.twitter.com/dududahan555/status/1122602715526377472)

Magpie
15-05-2021, 04:10 PM
Thank you Rocky. Brilliant keeper.

Lago
15-05-2021, 04:57 PM
Any more info as to where he will end up next season? Was the Celtic connection just paper talk?

hibee-boys
15-05-2021, 05:00 PM
Ofir and his family will always be warmly greeted in Edinburgh and at Easter Road, couldn’t have been an easy decision to move away but hope it works out well for them all. I hope his parting souvenir is a Scottish Cup winners medal👍

jacomo
15-05-2021, 05:12 PM
Cheers Rocky, you did well for us.

I won’t even begrudge you taking the money at Celtc. It’s a short career and all that.

Peevemor
15-05-2021, 05:25 PM
An international keeper that came to us in the championship, helped get us promoted, helped us to two of our best seasons ever points wise. No idea why the mention about accommodating his religion, very strange comment. He’s been outstanding, you just have to look at the clear feeling around social media regarding his last game today. The best this century and by a decent distance.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You rate him as a far better keeper than I do although, as I said, I would have been happy for him to stay.

As for "the clear feeling around social media", I also remember him getting plenty criticism on here and elsewhere.

People can have short, selective memories.

Man Down Under
15-05-2021, 05:36 PM
Honestly one of my favourite players to play for Hibs, seeing Marciano on the team sheet made me think "He'll probably have a good game" rather than "I hope he has a good game".

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
15-05-2021, 05:39 PM
Best goalie I’ve seen at Hibs.

Good luck Rocky and thank you.

Vault Boy
15-05-2021, 05:40 PM
Rocky saying “I will never close the door here. It is like my second home and it will be interesting to see what happens in the future" - perhaps hinting at a return after his next contract.

Eyrie
15-05-2021, 05:59 PM
I'd have liked Marciano to stay, but he's been a very good keeper for us so leaves with my best wishes (unless he signs for an Ugly Sister).

CraigHibee
15-05-2021, 06:01 PM
been a great keeper for us, wish him all the best

JohnM1875
15-05-2021, 06:54 PM
Phenomenal keeper! Best I've ever seen at Hibs. No doubt we'll miss him but I genuinely wish him all the best going forward.

Think it's embarrassing the amount of focus we payed Scott Brown today in comparison to Rocky. Aye, they both were interviewed after the game. Only one interview makes sense though.

SingaporeHibs
15-05-2021, 07:14 PM
Rocky should be in goal next week!!! Macy will get his chance next season but for now the number 1 keeper is Rocky and therefore rightly should play in our biggest game since 2016!!!

SJNB Hibby
15-05-2021, 07:21 PM
I’d agree with that. Distribution and commanding his box wasn’t his strength but his shot stopping and reactions were outstanding at times. After years of dodgy keepers, he was definitely a welcome addition and a solid keeper.

I’d like to have seen Rocky stay but from what i’ve seen so far of Macey, I think we’ve got a really good replacement.
I think he's 'gotten' better at commanding his box, but his distribution is rank rotten

Crunchie
16-05-2021, 07:44 AM
All the best big man, thx for the memories :aok:

Gordy M
16-05-2021, 05:14 PM
Just watched the interview on Youtube, any ideas where the big man is off to? I havent seen any reports about his next club?

JohnMcM
16-05-2021, 05:37 PM
Go with our blessings, best wishes for your future and many thanks Rocky. Haste ye back.:greengrin

sean04
16-05-2021, 05:38 PM
Just watched the interview on Youtube, any ideas where the big man is off to? I havent seen any reports about his next club?

Meant to be going back to Israel

Gordy M
16-05-2021, 05:48 PM
Meant to be going back to Israel
Thanks, i hadnt seen that. Good luck to him wherever he ends up!

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2021, 05:49 PM
I hope he does not end up in Glasgow, i'd feel dirty giving him abuse. :greengrin

Robbo6-2
16-05-2021, 06:03 PM
Hes better than all of Celtic goalkeepers, his agent has worked with Celtic bringing in Biton, Elhamed etc

I think it's a stick on that he ends up at Celtic.

Mick O'Rourke
16-05-2021, 07:42 PM
Hes better than all of Celtic goalkeepers, his agent has worked with Celtic bringing in Biton, Elhamed etc

I think it's a stick on that he ends up at Celtic.

I think Celtic,too
His post match interview on Saturday nearly gave it away
When asked "will you come back and visit" Kinda put him on the back foot,thinking of a quick reply.
Just a feelng !
But by all accounts both he and Mrs Rocky love Embra !
So, possible outcome, and he will be visiting us soon !

Jim44
16-05-2021, 07:49 PM
I think Celtic,too
His post match interview on Saturday nearly gave it away
When asked "will you come back and visit" Kinda put him on the back foot,thinking of a quick reply.
Just a feelng !
But by all accounts both he and Mrs Rocky love Embra !

They can still live in Edinburgh and he can commute to the dark side every morning. Best of both worlds, domestic bliss and big bucks to pay the mortgage.

GreyJammies
16-05-2021, 08:54 PM
I find it painful generally watching Hibs players being interviewed, but never had that sensation with Ofir.

Not a bad keeper too.

All the best pal.

hibbydog
16-05-2021, 09:19 PM
Great keeper.

Had a save v Dundee at the Dunbar End, first season back up, where I had no idea how he got down to it. Won us the game with that. Jaw dropping stuff.

Best Wishes

Radium
16-05-2021, 09:24 PM
Great keeper.

Had a save v Dundee at the Dunbar End, first season back up, where I had no idea how he got down to it. Won us the game with that. Jaw dropping stuff.

Best Wishes

https://youtu.be/Ca1_U6sSJA8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Spaceman
16-05-2021, 09:28 PM
A brilliant goalkeeper who would be welcome back at Easter Road anytime. Hope the rest of his career is hugely successful and thanks for the memories.

Northernhibee
16-05-2021, 10:00 PM
I love how the Marciano family have gotten what the city and the team are all about. I’m genuinely sad to see them go.

Hibernia&Alba
16-05-2021, 11:27 PM
He's been excellent for us. Good luck to him in the future.

makaveli1875
17-05-2021, 07:41 AM
He's the 2nd best keeper iv seen play for Hibs , if we win on Saturday he will overtake Conrad Logan to be the best .

Just_Jimmy
17-05-2021, 02:42 PM
He's the 2nd best keeper iv seen play for Hibs , if we win on Saturday he will overtake Conrad Logan to be the best .he's a far better keeper than Conrad is. it's not even close.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

He's here!
18-05-2021, 07:55 PM
Neil Lennon's best signing in my view. A gentleman to boot and a credit to his club and country. I'm glad he and his family will be leaving with such happy and positive memories of the club. All the best Rocky.

JeMeSouviens
18-05-2021, 08:07 PM

He’s not as good as Jim Leighton either, or at least JL pre passback rule.

1875M
19-05-2021, 09:24 AM
Best keeper I've seen at Hibs. Wish him and his family nothing but the best. A great professional and someone who gave everything for the club. Will get a decent move IMO as just entering his peak years now and an established international.

He's here!
19-05-2021, 02:34 PM
He’s not as good as Jim Leighton either, or at least JL pre passback rule.

Leighton was never comfortable with the ball at his feet it's true but he was otherwise magnificent for us, as was Goram. Alan Rough also did a great job prior to them in a Hibs team that might have otherwise struggled against relegation.

I don't think Rocky has the star quality of any of those three, but what I would say is he played a big role in ridding us of the 'dodgy keeper' issues which plagued us for a while. Generally very solid.

JeMeSouviens
19-05-2021, 02:46 PM
Leighton was never comfortable with the ball at his feet it's true but he was otherwise magnificent for us, as was Goram. Alan Rough also did a great job prior to them in a Hibs team that might have otherwise struggled against relegation.

I don't think Rocky has the star quality of any of those three, but what I would say is he played a big role in ridding us of the 'dodgy keeper' issues which plagued us for a while. Generally very solid.

I'd say Goram was the standout, followed closely by Leighton and Rough. Not sure what order to put the latter 2 in.

It was bloody hard getting through all of the Oli/Zibi/Maka/etc era after those 3.

Danny Andersson was briefly good, Colgan ok, probably others I don't remember weren't as bad but we really did have a horrendous run of them.

CockneyRebel
19-05-2021, 02:54 PM

I'd say Goram was the standout, followed closely by Leighton and Rough. Not sure what order to put the latter 2 in.

It was bloody hard getting through all of the Oli/Zibi/Maka/etc era after those 3.

Danny Andersson was briefly good, Colgan ok, probably others I don't remember weren't as bad but we really did have a horrendous run of them.

What about Budgie?

JeMeSouviens
19-05-2021, 03:19 PM
What about Budgie?

Kept the Hun at bay in 91 :greengrin

Not bad, but not amazing, which is what we were used to at the time.

JimBHibees
19-05-2021, 03:26 PM

Agree Goram was a magnificent keeper at Hibs

Gypsy King
19-05-2021, 03:43 PM
He should be starting in the final. Its bad management if he doesn't IMO

superfurryhibby
19-05-2021, 03:48 PM
What about Budgie?

Prone to a howler. He would have been slaughtered on here.

He was a character though and helped create that spirit that took that team all the way to victory in the League Cup.

MWHIBBIES
19-05-2021, 04:26 PM

What if we win with Macey playing?

Nakedmanoncrack
19-05-2021, 07:17 PM
Decent, but that probably says more about the abysmal keepers at ER in recent years.

Stairway 2 7
19-05-2021, 07:26 PM
What height was garam I remember him being tiny for a keeper. Any finger tip save he made would be easy for someone 6"3

angus hibby
19-05-2021, 07:30 PM

Been even worse management if, having told Macey he’d play the cup games, Ross then chose Marciano for the final.

Macey has played well in all the games he has played in, and should start on Saturday

Big_Franck
19-05-2021, 09:27 PM
Been even worse management if, having told Macey he’d play the cup games, Ross then chose Marciano for the final.

Macey has played well in all the games he has played in, and should start on Saturday

IF he has told the sub keeper that he'd be playing all the Scottish Cup games then that's poor management from Jack Ross. These are the most important games of our season and we shouldn't be giving back up players a run out.

Andy74
19-05-2021, 09:34 PM

He said he’d give him opportunities in the cup games, which he has done.

He didn’t play him in the league cup semi for example.

I think he’s possibly promised himself into a corner here but equally he hasn’t been let down either. He’s a brave man to be carrying on with it because undoubtedly he is second choice and it unusual to go with second choice players in such a big game.

Ultimately it will be what it will be. Win or lose we will never know what would have happened if another choice would have been made.

Callum_62
19-05-2021, 10:45 PM
IF he has told the sub keeper that he'd be playing all the Scottish Cup games then that's poor management from Jack Ross. These are the most important games of our season and we shouldn't be giving back up players a run out.He's now our number 1 though

To be honest I'd have concerns playing a goalie who has commited to not being here after the weekend

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Andy74
19-05-2021, 11:03 PM
He's now our number 1 though

To be honest I'd have concerns playing a goalie who has commited to not being here after the weekend

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

He’s currently our number 2. Remains to be seen for next season.

Shrekko
20-05-2021, 12:24 AM

Is the concept of the manager having 2 goalies he trusts just too much for you Andy? Just because YOU (not Jack Ross) have declared Macey 'undoubtedly number 2' doesn't mean it's the case.

What you're effectively doing is calling the manager an idiot. You're seriously saying that he knows he's playing a clearly inferior player in a key position in a game that's potentially worth millions to the club- which he'd have to be an absolute idiot to do. In reality he obviously likes both and none of us has seen enough to know for sure what you seem to think you know.

Macey is going to have to be very good to be as good as Rocky- we all know that. We also (should) know that he's done well so far and we just need to wait and see.

Just let it go and trust the guy that's watching the players every day.

basehibby
20-05-2021, 02:04 AM
Leighton was never comfortable with the ball at his feet it's true but he was otherwise magnificent for us, as was Goram. Alan Rough also did a great job prior to them in a Hibs team that might have otherwise struggled against relegation.I don't think Rocky has the star quality of any of those three, but what I would say is he played a big role in ridding us of the 'dodgy keeper' issues which plagued us for a while. Generally very solid.

While he never had two left feet like Leighton, Rocky struggled with his kicking when he first came to Hibs. I remember his first 2 seasons when he could barely keep the ball in play from a kick out! He must have worked hard on it though because he really improved that side of his game such that he looks quite comfortable on the ball these days - not that it ever mattered much with the catlike reactions, athleticism and general unflappability that always carved him out as a star performer. Probably our best keeper since that triumverate of Scotland keepers you've cited - it's been a pleasure to watch him between the sticks :thumbsup:

Victor
20-05-2021, 02:10 AM

I would be really surprised if Rocky played. He has decided to leave the club, despite apparently not having another club to move to. Therefore, the obvious choice is that Macey plays. Why reward someone who has chosen to move on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
20-05-2021, 03:29 AM
Decent, but that probably says more about the abysmal keepers at ER in recent years.

It doesn't. Rocky would've been a good goalie for any Spl side over the last 20 years. It's nothing to do with anyone else, he is very good.

Bangkok Hibby
20-05-2021, 03:56 AM
It doesn't. Rocky would've been a good goalie for any Spl side over the last 20 years. It's nothing to do with anyone else, he is very good.

Whilst acknowledging he's a decent keeper I don't think Rocky is as good as some fans claim.
I completely agree with you though re comparisons. His strengths or weaknesses have NOTHING to do with any other keeper who has held the gloves.

Since452
20-05-2021, 06:03 AM
If Marciano was that good he wouldn't have lost his place to Bogdan and Maxwell. He's has spells where he's been very poor. My biggest gripe is that he always slowed play down by taking an age with his distribution. The semi against Hearts had me pulling my hair out. Overall I think he's a decent keeper. Nothing more nothing less.

bigwheel
20-05-2021, 06:13 AM
If Marciano was that good he wouldn't have lost his place to Bogdan and Maxwell. He's has spells where he's been very poor. My biggest gripe is that he always slowed play down by taking an age with his distribution. The semi against Hearts had me pulling my hair out. Overall I think he's a decent keeper. Nothing more nothing less.

Didn’t he only lose his place to Bogdan through injury ? Bogdan was quality too mind you - would be delighted if he was still here ..would be no disc grace to lose your place to him. Maxwell was Heckie’s choice at the start of that season - largely I suspect because he had signed him - didn’t last long as number one either . .

Rocky, to me , is as good a keeper as we have had for a long time . We will miss him when he’s gone . Here’s hoping Macey steps up and is just as good ..

And good luck to Rocky wherever he goes - has been a good signing.

Peevemor
20-05-2021, 06:24 AM
Didn’t he only lose his place to Bogdan through injury ? Bogdan was quality too mind you - would be delighted if he was still here ..would be no disc grace to lose your place to him. Maxwell was Heckie’s choice at the start of that season - largely I suspect because he had signed him - didn’t last long as number one either . .

Rocky, to me , is as good a keeper as we have had for a long time . We will miss him when he’s gone . Here’s hoping Macey steps up and is just as good ..

And good luck to Rocky wherever he goes - has been a good signing.

From what I remember, each time that rocky has lost his place there has been a reason for it - injury or whatever, however he didn't automatically get his place back once he was available again. This to me suggests that the managers didn't see much between Rocky & the others which I suspect has also been the case with Jack Ross.

As for Heckingbottom, Rocky's poor distribution seemed to be at it's worse during this period (maybe it was the system?) often putting the defence under needless pressure. Maxwell's was far better.

Anyway, as I said before I'd have been happy enough has Rocky stayed but I'm not devastated that he's away either.

He definitely goes with my good wishes.

Andy74
20-05-2021, 06:41 AM
Is the concept of the manager having 2 goalies he trusts just too much for you Andy? Just because YOU (not Jack Ross) have declared Macey 'undoubtedly number 2' doesn't mean it's the case.

What you're effectively doing is calling the manager an idiot. You're seriously saying that he knows he's playing a clearly inferior player in a key position in a game that's potentially worth millions to the club- which he'd have to be an absolute idiot to do. In reality he obviously likes both and none of us has seen enough to know for sure what you seem to think you know.

Macey is going to have to be very good to be as good as Rocky- we all know that. We also (should) know that he's done well so far and we just need to wait and see.

Just let it go and trust the guy that's watching the players every day.

He is second choice, that isn’t up for debate.

I haven’t said he doesn’t trust him. I also said he hasn’t let him down.

It’s a bit daft not to acknowledge that we are choosing to play a second choice goalkeeper in a huge game. That’s what we are doing.

No it doesn’t make the manager an idiot. It is a big call though.

It’s an extremely unusual thing to be doing for a team with our usual trophy return so it is well worthy of discussion.

Peevemor
20-05-2021, 06:58 AM
He is second choice, that isn’t up for debate.

Maybe he's first choice for matches that could potentially be decided by a penalty shoot-out. What if his size swings it for him?

bigwheel
20-05-2021, 07:47 AM
Maybe he's first choice for matches that could potentially be decided by a penalty shoot-out. What if his size swings it for him?

But that’s not the rationale...he’s been given the cup ties to give him some game time ..Ross has said as much. it was obviously part of the way Ross wanted to manage him...his size is not the reason - might be a potential upside mind you ..

He is definitely second choice this season . I suspect he will start as number one next season

bigwheel
20-05-2021, 07:52 AM
From what I remember, each time that rocky has lost his place there has been a reason for it - injury or whatever, however he didn't automatically get his place back once he was available again. This to me suggests that the managers didn't see much between Rocky & the others which I suspect has also been the case with Jack Ross.

As for Heckingbottom, Rocky's poor distribution seemed to be at it's worse during this period (maybe it was the system?) often putting the defence under needless pressure. Maxwell's was far better.

Anyway, as I said before I'd have been happy enough has Rocky stayed but I'm not devastated that he's away either.

He definitely goes with my good wishes.

Ross has almost always played Rocky as soon as he was fit again..in reality most managers have too. They simply waited for the first reason to put him back in , which is the reasonable approach.

Rocky has had some games that are as good as anything I’ve ever seen from a Hibs goalkeeper. He had a couple in the championship - think it was Dunfermline and Livi at home, where he almost single handedly won us the game ..they were truly exceptional performances ..very few since Goram got anywhere near those levels. The fact that people point to his distribution after 4/5 years shows how consistent he has been ..

If we get someone as good as Rocky , I’ll be happy ..

green day
20-05-2021, 07:56 AM
Marciano is a good goalkeeper - and one whos contract expires in 2 days.

I dont believe he would be anything other than professional on Saturday - but is he going to put his body on the line as much as the guy who will actually be playing for us next season?

Or is his head even 1% wondering about the contract he will sign on Monday?

Macey needs to play for me.

Jim44
20-05-2021, 08:26 AM

I dont believe he would be anything other than professional on Saturday - but is he going to put his body on the line as much as the guy who will actually be playing for us next season?

:agree: I think there’s a good chance that Marciano’s head might not be quite in the right place at the moment. His immediate football future and the situation with his wife and family has to be factored in. I have no problems whatsoever with Macey getting the gloves in the final.

Andy74
20-05-2021, 08:43 AM

So we should probably drop Irvine too just in case?

No reason to be bringing other factors in. Ross decided to give Macey the games in the cup and that’s where we are.

MWHIBBIES
20-05-2021, 08:46 AM
Excellent keeper, only lost his place through injury, always won it back..

Jim44
20-05-2021, 08:56 AM
So we should probably drop Irvine too just in case?

No reason to be bringing other factors in. Ross decided to give Macey the games in the cup and that’s where we are.

You’re right. JR made his decision and is seeing it through. He will be in the firing line with some folk if things go tits up but I think he can handle that.