PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Season

Green-Hibee-7
14-05-2021, 03:45 PM
Was having a little look on Twitter and seen a few comments suggesting we are playing Arsenal in a friendly.

Apparently they are up here for a training camp, also playing Rangers.

bingo70
14-05-2021, 04:42 PM
Was having a little look on Twitter and seen a few comments suggesting we are playing Arsenal in a friendly.

Who’s Twitter feed is that on?

Billy Whizz
14-05-2021, 04:52 PM

You’d have thought our schedule will be built around what date we start in Europe

Green-Hibee-7
14-05-2021, 05:17 PM
Who’s Twitter feed is that on?

Can’t remember the Twitter feed but here is a link to the article where they took it from (final paragraph):-

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/arsenal-to-play-chelsea-and-spurs-in-summer-tournament-as/4bdcb6xvz1zv139vvkduoa7o0

HH81
14-05-2021, 05:22 PM
Shame it is not at Arsenal, one of the best grounds I have been to.

AliboyFC
14-05-2021, 05:26 PM
Shame it is not at Arsenal, one of the best grounds I have been to.

No atmosphere there though.

Magpie
14-05-2021, 05:40 PM
Comfortable win.

sauzee=legend
14-05-2021, 07:46 PM
Be better if we had one of the big teams from down south - arsenal are middle of the table club.
Get City, United or Leicester up 😂

green with envy
14-05-2021, 09:31 PM

Just goes for about every other stadium in the UK.🤣

Lancs Harp
14-05-2021, 09:34 PM
Blackpool Preston Accrington Burnley Wigan Bolton Morecambe away tour please lthough I think in reality we'll have europe on our minds.

MunsterHibee
14-05-2021, 09:34 PM
We'd pump arsenal tbh wouldn't be a great workout for us lol

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Silversand
14-05-2021, 10:17 PM
Emirates is a crap stadium, was there for Scotland-Brazil, still would take that for a Hibs away trip [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
14-05-2021, 10:25 PM
Emirates is a crap stadium, was there for Scotland-Brazil, still would take that for a Hibs away trip [emoji16]

Not being funny mate but can I clarify you just stated the Emirates is crap? Compared to what exactly to be crap? Tynecastle? Pittordrie? Dare I say it Easter Road? Crap really? And its light years ahead of Ibrox, Celtic park and Hampden. Struggling ith ths one fella. Been once thought it was pretty amazing considering the 5hyte holes i grew up watching football in.

gbhibby
14-05-2021, 10:39 PM
They will be wanting to check out Josh Doig if the paper reports are to be believed.

Bristolhibby
15-05-2021, 03:53 AM
Blackpool Preston Accrington Burnley Wigan Bolton Morecambe away tour please lthough I think in reality we'll have europe on our minds.

Chippenham Town, Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Swindon Town, Bath City, Yeovil Town.

For me please.

Chuck in Cardiff City, Reading, Southampton and Portsmouth also.

Wonder if Brighton may be on the cards, with our link up with them?

J

Bristolhibby
15-05-2021, 03:54 AM
Not being funny mate but can I clarify you just stated the Emirates is crap? Compared to what exactly to be crap? Tynecastle? Pittordrie? Dare I say it Easter Road? Crap really? And its light years ahead of Ibrox, Celtic park and Hampden. Struggling ith ths one fella. Been once thought it was pretty amazing considering the 5hyte holes i grew up watching football in.

They also sell Camden Hells in the bars there. Was there last season for a game. Delicious stuff.

J

Silversand
15-05-2021, 04:08 AM
Not being funny mate but can I clarify you just stated the Emirates is crap? Compared to what exactly to be crap? Tynecastle? Pittordrie? Dare I say it Easter Road? Crap really? And its light years ahead of Ibrox, Celtic park and Hampden. Struggling ith ths one fella. Been once thought it was pretty amazing considering the 5hyte holes i grew up watching football in.Yep, it's crap [emoji16]

Personal opinion of mine.

Phil MaGlass
15-05-2021, 06:52 AM
Be better if we had one of the big teams from down south - arsenal are middle of the table club.
Get City, United or Leicester up 😂

:thumbsup:

AliboyFC
15-05-2021, 12:44 PM
Yep, it's crap [emoji16]

Yep your right it's crap.

cheltenhamhibee
15-05-2021, 12:47 PM
Chippenham Town, Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Swindon Town, Bath City, Yeovil Town.

For me please.

Chuck in Cardiff City, Reading, Southampton and Portsmouth also.

Wonder if Brighton may be on the cards, with our link up with them?

J
Ahem !!! Please sub one for Cheltenham :aok:

keep the faith
15-05-2021, 01:59 PM
Aston Villa at ER for the first game with the fans back.
How good would that be?

hibby rae
15-05-2021, 02:03 PM

Brilliant atmosphere when I went.

Bruce Springsteen 2009.

Bristolhibby
15-05-2021, 02:09 PM
Ahem !!! Please sub one for Cheltenham :aok:

Aye, Yeovil can do one. ****hole place. Cheltenham is lovely.

My mate used to live there, had a few good nights out.

Always promised myself I’d go to the races at some point.

J

cheltenhamhibee
15-05-2021, 03:24 PM
Aye, Yeovil can do one. ****hole place. Cheltenham is lovely.

My mate used to live there, had a few good nights out.

Always promised myself I’d go to the races at some point.

J

Get yersel up, the racing is a grand day out & nice wee Hibs(ish) themed pub on the way to the course & back to the train station

calumhibee1
15-05-2021, 03:30 PM
Aston Villa at ER for the first game with the fans back.
How good would that be?

We’re not onto fixtures for pre season 2022 yet!

Hibbyradge
15-05-2021, 03:35 PM
York, Sheffield, Leeds, York, Hull, Grimsby, York.

HH81
15-05-2021, 04:04 PM
York, Sheffield, Leeds, York, Hull, Grimsby, York.

Looking forward to going to new York stadium. Most likely be RL for my first visit though followed by a good chippy on way home 😀

The Wireless
16-05-2021, 09:56 PM

Agree. It is miles ahead of any stadium in Scotland

Hibbyradge
16-05-2021, 10:23 PM
Looking forward to going to new York stadium. Most likely be RL for my first visit though followed by a good chippy on way home 😀

It looks good from the outside. Glass curtain anyone?

https://i.postimg.cc/Qd8PrsDw/IMG-20210510-WA0004.jpg

MagicSwirlingShip
16-05-2021, 10:46 PM
Was at the opening match at The Emirates, Brazil v Argentina.

Barry atmosphere that day

BILLYHIBS
18-05-2021, 08:17 AM
HIBS v Arsenal confirmed 13/7/2021

1800hrs kick off

Source: HIBS Twitter

Bostonhibby
18-05-2021, 08:23 AM
Yep, it's crap [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G973F using TapatalkBeen a few times, great structure but one of the least atmospheric of the bigger clubs stadiums I've been to.

Down to the fans I guess.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
18-05-2021, 08:46 AM
We’re not onto fixtures for pre season 2022 yet!

:tee hee:

ahibby
18-05-2021, 09:01 AM
The Arsenal friendly should have our players buzzing, never mind our fans.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2021, 09:06 AM
HIBS v Arsenal confirmed 13/7/2021

1800hrs kick off

Source: HIBS Twitter

A 6pm kick off on a Tuesday night must mean that they're not expecting many fans to be able to turn up. I can't imagine many people who work being able to attend for example.

Bristolhibby
18-05-2021, 09:41 AM
A 6pm kick off on a Tuesday night must mean that they're not expecting many fans to be able to turn up. I can't imagine many people who work being able to attend for example.

Ominous that it said that Hibs will be in touch regarding how Home fans can get tickets.

Reckon it will be home fans only for a while.

J

NOLA
18-05-2021, 09:42 AM
Winner keeps Josh Doig [emoji23]

calumhibee1
18-05-2021, 09:42 AM
Ominous that it said that Hibs will be in touch regarding how Home fans can get tickets.

J

Hibs have already said there’ll be no away fans for the arsenal game but I’d suspect you’re right.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we go through the entirety of next season without away fans.

Billy Whizz
18-05-2021, 09:46 AM

And if we get in, should be free entry too
I’m more looking forward to trips to the likes of Coldstream and Hawick, much prefer these sort of pre season games

Sir David Gray
18-05-2021, 09:47 AM

J

Yep "Due to current restrictions relating to the coronavirus pandemic, away fans will not be able to attend the match."

It's a bit worrying that it's already been decided that a match which is almost two months away is home fans only.

I'm hoping that it might just be because it's a non-Scottish club which is involved and it's possible that travel from England into Scotland may be restricted again at some point. Sadly I'm not convinced that league matches next season will be any different though.

Renfrew_Hibby
18-05-2021, 09:47 AM
Will it be 25% capacity?

Renfrew_Hibby
18-05-2021, 09:48 AM
Yep "Due to current restrictions relating to the coronavirus pandemic, away fans will not be able to attend the match."

It's a bit worrying that it's already been decided that a match which is almost two months away is home fans only.

I'm hoping that it might just be because it's a non-Scottish club which is involved and it's possible that travel from England into Scotland may be restricted again at some point. Sadly I'm not convinced that league matches next season will be any different though.

Good no huns.

jacomo
18-05-2021, 09:51 AM

I’ve been a few times. Best atmosphere was on the lower shallow tier, in one of the ‘corners’. But on the upper levels the noise and atmosphere just seems to drift away, could be watching a game on tv frankly.

Magpie
18-05-2021, 09:55 AM
Looking forward to this one, will be a good test for us. Also makes sense for Arsenal to test themselves against a club who can qualify for Europe.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2021, 10:17 AM
Will it be 25% capacity?

I don't think anyone really knows at that moment.

Assuming we're in level 0 by then, the maximum number of people allowed to attend an outdoor seated event is 2,000 although this is able to be increased with the agreement of the local council and/or Scottish Government.

I'd really like to think that the "well beyond level 0" stage might have been reached by then so I'd like to think we would be able to get in a lot more than that.

Bristolhibby
18-05-2021, 11:54 AM
I know right, mon tae F!

I’m worrying about my Scotland trip to Copenhagen in September.

It’s 4 months away! I get my second vaccine end of July.

J

SteveHFC
18-05-2021, 11:58 AM

Assuming we're in level 0 by then, the maximum number of people allowed to attend an outdoor seated event is 2,000 although this is able to be increased with the agreement of the local council and/or Scottish Government.

I'd really like to think that the "well beyond level 0" stage might have been reached by then so I'd like to think we would be able to get in a lot more than that.

Should be most capacity there at least mate.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2021, 12:19 PM
Should be most capacity there at least mate.

Assuming we carry on the current path I agree but I very much doubt if we'll have anything approaching a capacity crowd by July.

EI255
18-05-2021, 01:06 PM

JLimited numbers too. Can see a ballot amongst ST holders for this game

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Iain G
18-05-2021, 01:48 PM
Winner keeps Josh Doig [emoji23]

Losers get Keiran Tierney!

davhibby
18-05-2021, 02:33 PM

Surely it’s just because it’s almost certainly not going to be at full capacity so why would away fans be allowed instead of our own?

I’m not sure what folk are expecting but there’s going to be 25% capacity at Hampden around a fortnight before this game so the best we can hope for would be 50% you’d think.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2021, 04:06 PM
Surely it’s just because it’s almost certainly not going to be at full capacity so why would away fans be allowed instead of our own?

I’m not sure what folk are expecting but there’s going to be 25% capacity at Hampden around a fortnight before this game so the best we can hope for would be 50% you’d think.

I'd love to think Easter Road could have 10,000 fans inside it in July. Sadly I think this is pie in the sky territory.

I think the only reason Hampden's being allowed 12k fans in a few weeks' time is the £££ signs from UEFA.

Ringothedog
18-05-2021, 04:11 PM
I'd love to think Easter Road could have 10,000 fans inside it in July. Sadly I think this is pie in the sky territory.

I think the only reason Hampden's being allowed 12k fans in a few weeks' time is the £££ signs from UEFA.

Do you seriously believe that money from UEFA would be a reason to risk people’s lives and if that is the case who is getting the money and how much?

Sir David Gray
18-05-2021, 04:32 PM
Do you seriously believe that money from UEFA would be a reason to risk people’s lives and if that is the case who is getting the money and how much?

Yes I seriously do believe that would have been a reason i.e. not wanting to lose the prestige of being a host nation for a huge event.

How else do you explain that Kilmarnock are allowed just 500 fans to attend their play off match v Dundee next Monday - by my calculations that will be less than 3% of Rugby Park's capacity, to going to 25% capacity at Hampden just 3 weeks later?

Hampden's also currently in a level 3 area meaning no events can take place with spectators, if case rates in Glasgow don't fall between now and 14th June and they stay in level 3 do you think fans will be banned from attending Scotland's first match at a major tournament in over 20 years?

hibbyfraelibby
18-05-2021, 06:40 PM

L2 you can have 500, L1 you can have 2000 L0 is based on a calculated capacity using social distancing with differences for seated and standing crowds. Standing get abut 30$ of seated.

hibbyfraelibby
18-05-2021, 06:41 PM
Yes I seriously do believe that would have been a reason i.e. not wanting to lose the prestige of being a host nation for a huge event.

How else do you explain that Kilmarnock are allowed just 500 fans to attend their play off match v Dundee next Monday - by my calculations that will be less than 3% of Rugby Park's capacity, to going to 25% capacity at Hampden just 3 weeks later?

Hampden's also currently in a level 3 area meaning no events can take place with spectators, if case rates in Glasgow don't fall between now and 14th June and they stay in level 3 do you think fans will be banned from attending Scotland's first match at a major tournament in over 20 years?

Yes

Sir David Gray
18-05-2021, 06:44 PM
L2 you can have 500, L1 you can have 2000 L0 is based on a calculated capacity using social distancing with differences for seated and standing crowds. Standing get abut 30$ of seated.

Outdoor seated is;

Level 2 - 500
Level 1 - 1,000
Level 0 - 2,000

All of the above numbers can be increased with the agreement of the local council and Scottish Government.

Ringothedog
18-05-2021, 06:50 PM

If COVID rates do not fall then the Scottish government will have to stop the games being played in Glasgow. This is about lives not money or prestige . If the games where to go ahead it will leave them on shaky ground if football clubs across Scotland decide to challenge their right to have fans in their stadiums regardless of the COVID rates

Sir David Gray
18-05-2021, 06:52 PM
Yes

Yes you expect fans to be banned if Glasgow is in level 3 on 14th June? No chance in my opinion.

UEFA gave governments of each host nation a deadline to confirm whether fans would be able to attend each stadium during the tournament and the Scottish Government gave their consent for 12,000 fans to attend Hampden back on 7th April when we were still in level 4.

Not only is Hampden in Glasgow but it's also in one of the postcodes where infection rates are through the roof. I have heard absolutely nothing from them so far to suggest that fans attending Hampden for the Euros may be at risk despite the first game being less than 4 weeks away and infection levels in the city currently going up every day.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2021, 06:53 PM
If COVID rates do not fall then the Scottish government will have to stop the games being played in Glasgow. This is about lives not money or prestige . If they games where to go ahead it will leave them on shaky ground if football clubs across Scotland decide to challenge their right to have fans in their stadiums regardless of the COVID rates

We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2021, 10:40 AM
Murrayfield to be around 25% full at the end of next month for a British and Irish Lions warm-up match v Japan.

I'm looking forward to at least 5,000 being able to attend the friendly v Arsenal in July.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57170632

marinello59
19-05-2021, 10:51 AM
Murrayfield to be around 25% full at the end of next month for a British and Irish Lions warm-up match v Japan.

I'm looking forward to at least 5,000 being able to attend the friendly v Arsenal in July.

Hopefully we get more than 5000, things will have moved on even more by then.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2021, 11:04 AM
Hopefully we get more than 5000, things will have moved on even more by then.

Fingers crossed.

WhileTheChief..
19-05-2021, 12:50 PM
Notice that the marketing guy that was on the podcast here, Greg McEwan, is now interim chief exec. When did that happen?

Sir David Gray
10-06-2021, 06:45 AM

Looks like this will be the case - Hibs will be applying to the council for up to 5,000 fans to attend the Arsenal game on the basis of 2 metre distancing being required.

However Hibs are hoping 1.5 metre distancing (which will be in place at Hampden for the Euros) will be possible and they would then ask the Scottish Government for up to 7,500 people to attend the match.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-to-apply-for-5000-fans-inside-easter-road-for-arsenal-friendly-3267488%3famp

calumhibee1
10-06-2021, 06:50 AM
Looks like this will be the case - Hibs will be applying to the council for up to 5,000 fans to attend the Arsenal game on the basis of 2 metre distancing being required.

However Hibs are hoping 1.5 metre distancing (which will be in place at Hampden for the Euros) will be possible and they would then ask the Scottish Government for up to 7,500 people to attend the match.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-to-apply-for-5000-fans-inside-easter-road-for-arsenal-friendly-3267488%3famp

Do people have to distance from people in their own household at the football? I presume they do?

GreenCastle
10-06-2021, 07:05 AM

Good on Hibs - it’s a start.

Not perfect but Scottish football should be aiming to get a decent amount of fans into stadiums for the start of the season.

Hibernian Verse
10-06-2021, 07:07 AM
Do people have to distance from people in their own household at the football? I presume they do?

No they don't.

malcolm
10-06-2021, 03:52 PM
No they don't.

The problem in a seated ground is that it is easy to set out seats to use/not use when assuming all spectators are separate individuals. But as soon as you start to allow for household groups then your seating plan is complicated and necessarily needs a dynamic element at the point of booking. That is perhaps possible to achieve - it being a complicated version of booking seats in a theatre where the booking program is set to prevent single seats to be left. But I doubt the protocols will trust the spectators to simply sit in their resulting booked seats, so for each match a different layout of blocked seats would potentially be needed. So I’m expecting that initially they will go for the Elvis approach* to all seats. Is this not the euros approach?

https://youtu.be/_7vWxgHbI98

Calmbegbie
10-06-2021, 04:07 PM
Never usually make to much fuss about pre season friendlies but will be itching go to one, just to get back to ER