PDA

View Full Version : Signing of the season

Tambo
13-05-2021, 06:06 AM
Alex Gogic for me. Was immense again last night.

Northernhibee
13-05-2021, 06:10 AM
Gogic or Nisbet. Both had a great season.

Since90+2
13-05-2021, 06:16 AM
The turnaround since Irvine signed has been great too. He's given us the legs we needed in the middle.

Overall? Nisbet for me.

WeeRussell
13-05-2021, 12:51 PM
The turnaround since Irvine signed has been great too. He's given us the legs we needed in the middle.

Overall? Nisbet for me.

Agree all round.

Ryan91
13-05-2021, 12:56 PM
Pretty much all the signings that we've made this season have been excellent, Wright didn't quite perform to expectations, but I think if he sticks around he could be a quality player in time.

Murphy has been unfortunate with his injuries, but when he's been available he's proven to be a quality player.

Cadden has also been very unlucky with injuries to the point that we've barely seen him play, so will reserve judgement there.

Magennis hasn't featured much, but it's a signing that has been made with a view to the future.

Shrekko
13-05-2021, 01:01 PM
Alex Gogic for me. Was immense again last night.

Same for me- my POTY.

The Spaceman
13-05-2021, 01:06 PM
Alex Gogic, Paul McGinn, and Kevin Nisbet all virtually tied for me. But Nisbet due to the sheer profit we will make on him alone wins it.

Think we will see much more of Murphy, Macey, Magennis and Cadden next season which is very encouraging.

WeeRussell
13-05-2021, 01:08 PM
Pretty much all the signings that we've made this season have been excellent, Wright didn't quite perform to expectations, but I think if he sticks around he could be a quality player in time.

Murphy has been unfortunate with his injuries, but when he's been available he's proven to be a quality player.

Cadden has also been very unlucky with injuries to the point that we've barely seen him play, so will reserve judgement there.

Magennis hasn't featured much, but it's a signing that has been made with a view to the future.

Hmm not sure I quite agree, although generally been a very good season as far as transfer business goes.

I don't want to join in with the constant over the top slating of Wright, but have to say I haven't seen anything really to convince me he's going to be close to a quality player for us.

Agree with you on Cadden - what little I've seen from him I haven't been blown away (although I've heard others more positive on him) but as you say, best to see a bit more before judging.

I want really want Magennis to work out, and still believe it can, but he can't be a 'future' player forever without making an impression. Maybe a few starts will see him kick-on.

But yeah, over all a good season business wise. We've held on to the two players that were attracting big money attention, they've helped us get to a great position as we approach the end of the season, and we'll have more offers in the summer. All things considered, its been a bloody good season all round for the club. Very well managed on and off the pitch.

Aldo
13-05-2021, 01:19 PM
Alex Gogic, Paul McGinn, and Kevin Nisbet all virtually tied for me. But Nisbet due to the sheer profit we will make on him alone wins it.

Think we will see much more of Murphy, Macey, Magennis and Cadden next season which is very encouraging.

We need to try and get Gogic on an extended contract (Doidge too) as he’s only got a year left (unless there is an extension built in??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2021, 01:20 PM
We made some very good signings, McGinn has been a 7 out of 10 most weeks, Nisbet is top scorer and now a Scotland cap. But Gogic for me has made the position his own, he should be sat down and made to sign a contract extension now, it is imperative we sign him on for longer.

Gogic for me, he has been superb every week apart from a short period, and he's made us much harder to get through.

I love the guy. :top marks

darwenhibby
13-05-2021, 01:24 PM
We made some very good signings, McGinn has been a 7 out of 10 most weeks, Nisbet is top scorer and now a Scotland cap. But Gogic for me has made the position his own, he should be sat down and made to sign a contract extension now, it is imperative we sign him on for longer.

Gogic for me, he has been superb every week apart from a short period, and he's made us much harder to get through.

I love the guy. :top marks
What’s your thoughts on Newall BH??
Really come on to a game this season for me

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2021, 01:26 PM

:greengrin He didnt sign this season. :giruy2:

Keith_M
13-05-2021, 01:31 PM

Did he sign the same day as Nesbit?

:dunno:

WeeRussell
13-05-2021, 01:34 PM
Did he sign the same day as Nesbit?

:dunno:

Signed by Heckingbottom. You maybe thought it was like a new signing when JR came in though, much like Doidge :wink:

Is It On....
13-05-2021, 02:03 PM
:greengrin He didnt sign this season. :giruy2:

Love that picture of JC

Is It On....
13-05-2021, 02:05 PM
Signed by Heckingbottom. You maybe thought it was like a new signing when JR came in though, much like Doidge :wink:

I would say signed when Heckingbottom was manager, not signed by Heckingbottom

Nevi_SOL
13-05-2021, 03:57 PM
Paul Mcginn

Allez Hibs
13-05-2021, 04:10 PM
Paul McGinn.

Wilson
13-05-2021, 04:28 PM
Jackson Irvine.

MWHIBBIES
13-05-2021, 04:37 PM
Paul Mcginn didn't sign this season

Stuart93
13-05-2021, 04:54 PM
Gogic or nisbet for me

13-05-2021, 06:58 PM

Paul McGinn has been massively under rated IMO. Not a signing that created massive excitement at the time but he has been brilliant this season!

The Spaceman
13-05-2021, 07:03 PM
I forgot about Irvine too. He’s been a revelation since coming in but only had him for half. Really hope we tie him down on a long-term deal.

O'Rourke3
13-05-2021, 07:48 PM
Ali G. Steadied the centre of the park giving the forwards a platform to perform. Jackson has been good especially given his lack of game time but over the season Alex is a clear winner.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
13-05-2021, 07:52 PM
Kevin Nisbet

Worth his weight in gold

Enjoy him while you can

Would be nice to actually see him

Hibs1969
13-05-2021, 08:00 PM
Gogic for me but only just. He’s been immense in the midfield doing the dirty work to let others do the fancy stuff. We really missed him in that first game v Aberdeen at ER. As someone mentioned on Hibs TV he’s probably the best defensive midfielder we’ve had since Mathias Jack (sorry Marv).

Northernhibee
13-05-2021, 08:03 PM
If he turns out to be a good first choice goalie, then it may even turn out to be Matt Macey. Marciano has been an excellent goalie for us and if we've found ourselves with another gem then that's fantastic in an area that we've struggled in before.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-05-2021, 09:12 PM
Gogic.

Also Can we give a wee bit of long overdue credit to Mathie - taken a fair bit of criticism but now we are seen the difference a quality manager makes and gets the most of out what he has to work with?

Sammy7nil
13-05-2021, 09:19 PM
It is a funny game I remember not too long Gogic getting stick for having no football ability now he is the signing of the year.

TBF all the signings have made a good contribution I think Gogic just shades it.

NAE NOOKIE
13-05-2021, 09:36 PM
It's a tough one, Gogic has been excellent, but so has Nisbet the odd dip aside and McGinn is as steady as anything, he rarely has a below par performance. Who knows where we would be as a team right now if it hadn't been for injuries to Magennis, Murphy and Cadden, that competition for places could really have driven us on to be even better than for the most part we have been.

Nisbet just shades it for me, we seem to be a different team for the better when he is in it.

BILLYHIBS
13-05-2021, 10:05 PM
It's a tough one, Gogic has been excellent, but so has Nisbet the odd dip aside and McGinn is as steady as anything, he rarely has a below par performance. Who knows where we would be as a team right now if it hadn't been for injuries to Magennis, Murphy and Cadden, that competition for places could really have driven us on to be even better than for the most part we have been.

Nisbet just shades it for me, we seem to be a different team for the better when he is in it.

👍🏿

Hopefully in the Scottish Cup Final he is on a going day

GGTTH

Andy74
13-05-2021, 10:28 PM
It is a funny game I remember not too long Gogic getting stick for having no football ability now he is the signing of the year.

TBF all the signings have made a good contribution I think Gogic just shades it.

Same with Irvine. Seems like only last week most people weren’t really seeing why we’d go out our way to keep him given the deal he’d probably be looking for.

Magpie
13-05-2021, 10:33 PM
Kevin Nisbet

B.H.F.C
13-05-2021, 10:39 PM
Nisbet for me. Gogic been great but Nisbet is just that level up.

That said, I think Gogic has played to his maximum whilst I think Nisbet could have done a wee bit more (I know there has been reasons that he’s dipped at times).

wookie70
13-05-2021, 11:06 PM
Nice for there to be so many candidates. Our signing policy has once again started to produce just as it did under Stubbs. For me Nisbet the the clear winner. He fits everything I want in a signing. Instant impact, good number of appearances, team player, on his way up in the game so will get better and also massive opportunity to reap the benefits of that improvement either in the bank or on the park or hopefully both. As with SJM there is also the chance of more than one windfall depending on the deal. Gogic would come a close second as he has exceeded my expectations and is much better on the ball than many give credit. He gets about the park so well and would be a nightmare to play against. None of the others have been as good as those two but every one has contributed which is really fantastic but also very necessary with the small but perfectly formed squad we went with this year. All we need is one big result in a very winnable game and I doubt any of the niggles or annoyances will be remembered about this season

BILLYHIBS
14-05-2021, 09:40 AM
Nice for there to be so many candidates. Our signing policy has once again started to produce just as it did under Stubbs. For me Nisbet the the clear winner. He fits everything I want in a signing. Instant impact, good number of appearances, team player, on his way up in the game so will get better and also massive opportunity to reap the benefits of that improvement either in the bank or on the park or hopefully both. As with SJM there is also the chance of more than one windfall depending on the deal. Gogic would come a close second as he has exceeded my expectations and is much better on the ball than many give credit. He gets about the park so well and would be a nightmare to play against. None of the others have been as good as those two but every one has contributed which is really fantastic but also very necessary with the small but perfectly formed squad we went with this year. All we need is one big result in a very winnable game and I doubt any of the niggles or annoyances will be remembered about this season
:top marks

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-05-2021, 03:33 PM
Gogic for me. Had he stayed at Hamilton Accies, I think that they would have stayed up.

Tambo
14-05-2021, 08:26 PM
Can definitely see why some people say Nisbet as goals win games but Gogic was the player we all knew we have needed for a while and for the expectations he has delivered.

I think he had one stinker of a game that I remember but teams definitely don’t walk though us as easy as they did now.

BILLYHIBS
14-05-2021, 10:03 PM
Yes but no but ....HIBS haven’t turned down a bid for 3m for Alex Gogic they have for Kevin Nisbet which makes Nisbet the signing of the season ...no?

Goals win games !

Incoming bid for 8m from Wolves according to another thread

I rest my case !

Lancs Harp
14-05-2021, 10:12 PM
Nisbet or Gogic for me hard to call between the two. Signing of the future Macey.

O'Rourke3
14-05-2021, 10:44 PM
Yes but no but ....HIBS haven’t turned down a bid for 3m for Alex Gogic they have for Kevin Nisbet which makes Nisbet the signing of the season ...no?

Goals win games !

I rest my case !Thats a valuation on the type of player the bidding team need surely. If our only valuation is what we might make versus the difference any player made we are not using the same scale to measure. We are a better team with Gogic. We score more goals with Kevin. But he doesn't score every game. We concede less goals with Alex so we gain more points.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lendo
14-05-2021, 11:49 PM
Stephen McGinn 😉

BILLYHIBS
15-05-2021, 05:50 AM
Thats a valuation on the type of player the bidding team need surely. If our only valuation is what we might make versus the difference any player made we are not using the same scale to measure. We are a better team with Gogic. We score more goals with Kevin. But he doesn't score every game. We concede less goals with Alex so we gain more points.

Agree but the question was ‘signing of the season ?’

In my eyes that is our most sellable asset whose value and stock has risen since signing for the club at the start of the season

If we get 3m tomorrow for Nisbet it is good business

No way will we get anywhere near that for Gogic who I agree is a valuable asset to the team

Alex Gogic has improved as a player since joining the club and he has improved us on the park but he is not John McGinn who in hindsight we probably sold too cheap and if Celtic had simply paid the ‘asking price’ they would be ‘Champions’ :greengrin

The answer is Kevin Nisbet

O'Rourke3
15-05-2021, 11:16 AM
Agree but the question was ‘signing of the season ?’

In my eyes that is our most sellable asset whose value and stock has risen since signing for the club at the start of the season

If we get 3m tomorrow for Nisbet it is good business

No way will we get anywhere near that for Gogic who I agree is a valuable asset to the team

Alex Gogic has improved as a player since joining the club and he has improved us on the park but he is not John McGinn who in hindsight we probably sold too cheap and if Celtic had simply paid the ‘asking price’ they would be ‘Champions’ :greengrin

The answer is Kevin NisbetSame passion, different philosophy is all.

BILLYHIBS
15-05-2021, 12:03 PM
Same passion, different philosophy is all.

I actually think both

But Nisbet just edges it 😃

Saint Hibee
15-05-2021, 12:59 PM
Kevin Nisbet for me.

O'Rourke3
15-05-2021, 05:46 PM
I actually think both

But Nisbet just edges it [emoji2][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Shrekko
15-05-2021, 05:56 PM

Goals win games !

I rest my case !

I’ve heard there’s a £10 m bid coming in from Man Utd for Gogic - can I ‘rest my case’ on this fantasy? 😉

Both players have been superb and I’d say it’s pretty close ... but Nisbet did have a really quiet spell during the season so Gogic shades it.

Strikers will always cost more but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a more unglamorous choice if they’ve been giving the team something we didn’t have before.

RIP
15-05-2021, 06:04 PM
I would say signed when Heckingbottom was manager, not signed by Heckingbottom

Good point. It may be semantics to point out that Heckingbottom was not employed as Hibs manager. 😀

BILLYHIBS
15-05-2021, 11:51 PM
I’ve heard there’s a £10 m bid coming in from Man Utd for Gogic - can I ‘rest my case’ on this fantasy? 😉

Both players have been superb and I’d say it’s pretty close ... but Nisbet did have a really quiet spell during the season so Gogic shades it.

Strikers will always cost more but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a more unglamorous choice if they’ve been giving the team something we didn’t have before.
See #43