PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell season tickets (NHC)

h1bs4life
11-05-2021, 05:03 PM
Some gesture from Motherwell https://mobile.twitter.com/motherwellfc/status/1392147570391232515

Vault Boy
11-05-2021, 05:04 PM
Absolutely class.

Billy Whizz
11-05-2021, 05:05 PM
How many season ticket holders do they have, what is the cost of this?

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2021, 05:06 PM
How many season ticket holders do they have, what is the cost of this?

They’ll get a lot of it back in goodwill.

Pretty Boy
11-05-2021, 05:07 PM
That is an amazing gesture by them.

I wonder if PaddyPower may have something to do with this. They have worked on a few projects with Motherwell in recent times.

green day
11-05-2021, 05:16 PM
What they are doing is clever.

They are giving anyone that wants their ST free, but people can donate the cost of a ST to the club.

Decent marketing for a club with relatively few STs - no way that Hibs could take that chance.

The Modfather
11-05-2021, 05:29 PM

They are giving anyone that wants their ST free, but people can donate the cost of a ST to the club.

Decent marketing for a club with relatively few STs - no way that Hibs could take that chance.

Is it not all relative? Motherwell will, proportionally, be as reliant on season ticket sales as much as we are.

A great gesture by them either way as not something they had to do.

Keith_M
11-05-2021, 05:35 PM
Well done Motherwell

:top marks

Magpie
11-05-2021, 05:38 PM
Fairplay, different class.

calumhibee1
11-05-2021, 05:41 PM
Is it not all relative? Motherwell will, proportionally, be as reliant on season ticket sales as much as we are.

A great gesture by them either way as not something they had to do.

I would think proportionately they won’t be.

For example, last season I’d imagine on pitch performance would have seen Motherwell bring in even more money than us. As they bring in so much less from tickets then proportionately there tickets will make up a lot less of their income.

Ours ST income will make up a high proportion of ours as we’ll not make much more than them from on pitch performance, sponsors etc but we have so many more supporters.

Rangers and Celtic on the other hand will make a lot more from merchandise sales, sponsors, on pitch performance as the top two positions are heavily weighted prize money wise in their favour and European football so again, proportionately they’ll not be as heavily hit by us by STs.

We’re probably the worst hit club proportionately if we don’t get ST money in.

Peevemor
11-05-2021, 05:41 PM

A great gesture by them either way as not something they had to do.No. They probably have more (home) walk-ups than us for big games. STs will be a far lower percentage of their income than ours.

Northernhibee
11-05-2021, 05:47 PM
Great gesture and although it shows it was a foolish move to guarantee at least nineteen matches from a season ticket last time around, at least they've stuck to that pledge which is more than commendable.

And yes, that is indeed also a dig at a certain club who acted in a different manner.

EI255
11-05-2021, 05:48 PM
How many season ticket holders do they have, what is the cost of this?3,800. Allegedly.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Eyrie
11-05-2021, 06:28 PM
Great gesture by Motherwell.

Carheenlea
11-05-2021, 06:34 PM
Fair play to them - looks an outstanding gesture, clever marketing ploy or not!

Hibs90
11-05-2021, 06:36 PM
Brilliant stuff.

Yorkshire HFC
11-05-2021, 06:39 PM
Great gesture by Motherwell.

Motherwell are an impressive club - this is a great thing for them to do for their fans.

I remember them slashing ticket prices a few years ago in the hope that they would get the money back through larger crowds - unfortunately that didn't work out for them.

They seem to do a lot for the community and were vocal on supporting minorities recently.

I hope it works out for them.

CropleyWasGod
11-05-2021, 06:42 PM
Motherwell are an impressive club - this is a great thing for them to do for their fans.

I remember them slashing ticket prices a few years ago in the hope that they would get the money back through larger crowds - unfortunately that didn't work out for them.

They seem to do a lot for the community and were vocal on supporting minorities recently.

I hope it works out for them.

A bit of an understatement :greengrin The £5 tickets were a major contributor to their administration.

I hope they've done their sums this time. :cb

O'Rourke3
11-05-2021, 08:09 PM
Thats terrific. Buying a lot of goodwill there. Likely to get that back in spades if they need a bit more support.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Paul1642
11-05-2021, 09:01 PM
Hope it works out for them (well not too well that they finish above us :) ). At a time when it is apparent that many big clubs couldn’t care less about their fans it’s nice to see a club showing that they do.

ancient hibee
11-05-2021, 09:28 PM
Dropping a million quid is some gesture.

Hibernia&Alba
11-05-2021, 10:38 PM
Magnificent move by Motherwell to re-pay fan loyalty like that. :top marks:not worth

AliboyFC
11-05-2021, 11:13 PM
Fair play. 👏

12-05-2021, 10:21 AM
Great gesture.

Would love to see us doing something too. Wouldn't expect it to be anywhere near on the same scale but something like the 1st League Cup or Scottish Cup match free for all who bought a ST last season. I'm guessing it would be worth c£150k - c£200k but it could also give the option to pay for the ticket. They would obviously have to wait until after the draw to see if we get a home tie. Also to see who it was against 1st, in case we got a Premiership team, so could delay it to the Scottish Cup where we'd be more likely to draw a lower division team.

If the cost to the club was too much, we could even just try a half price ticket for a cup match. It would also provide the club with useful data for pricing cup games and to find the sweet spot to maximise income. I appreciate the club will have looked at that in the past but I've always felt they should be lower (particularly when we're in the league cup group stages) to get a larger crowd in, even if means slightly less income.

Maybe the pre-season friendlies could be free. With a reduced capacity, hopefully everyone would get 1 match (if we had them all at ER).

Sammy7nil
12-05-2021, 12:22 PM
Great gesture.

Would love to see us doing something too. Wouldn't expect it to be anywhere near on the same scale but something like the 1st League Cup or Scottish Cup match free for all who bought a ST last season. I'm guessing it would be worth c£150k - c£200k but it could also give the option to pay for the ticket. They would obviously have to wait until after the draw to see if we get a home tie. Also to see who it was against 1st, in case we got a Premiership team, so could delay it to the Scottish Cup where we'd be more likely to draw a lower division team.

If the cost to the club was too much, we could even just try a half price ticket for a cup match. It would also provide the club with useful data for pricing cup games and to find the sweet spot to maximise income. I appreciate the club will have looked at that in the past but I've always felt they should be lower (particularly when we're in the league cup group stages) to get a larger crowd in, even if means slightly less income.

Maybe the pre-season friendlies could be free. With a reduced capacity, hopefully everyone would get 1 match (if we had them all at ER).

Hibs would have pay the away team half the gate they may not want to that.
But agree they should make some gesture.

Coach Jon
12-05-2021, 03:36 PM

Hibs offered all their season ticket holders the option of a full refund before the start of last season, so they took the same chance surely?

NAE NOOKIE
12-05-2021, 03:46 PM
It is a superb gesture. But as has been said it probably isn't as big a hit as Hibs would have to suck up if we were to do the same. For my part, so long as I can afford it I'm happy to give Hibs my money, as I have for next season, so long as it's invested in the club, be that the team, the stadium, or the training centre I don't care so long as it benefits Hibs and ensures we continue to be competitive and more importantly a full time professional football club.

Fair play to M'well all the same ... you do have to wonder if somebody somewhere is sucking up the cost of this though.

CMurdoch
12-05-2021, 03:54 PM
Given they won't have paid their money will the supporters still be entitled to moan?

Scouse Hibee
12-05-2021, 04:28 PM
Hibs offered all their season ticket holders the option of a full refund before the start of last season, so they took the same chance surely?

Did they, a full refund?

Not So Young
12-05-2021, 04:29 PM
A great gesture by Motherwell

Danderhall Hibs
12-05-2021, 04:33 PM
Did they, a full refund?

It was more like a cancellation period - get your money back before July or you’re locked in. Everyone was more optimistic that we’d get to see a few matches back in July so I expect not many took them up on it.

I can’t remember it but they’ve mentioned it during this years renewals.

Definitely a different situation to what Motherwell have done to thank their fans for their support.

Scouse Hibee
12-05-2021, 06:19 PM
It was more like a cancellation period - get your money back before July or you’re locked in. Everyone was more optimistic that we’d get to see a few matches back in July so I expect not many took them up on it.

I can’t remember it but they’ve mentioned it during this years renewals.

Definitely a different situation to what Motherwell have done to thank their fans for their support.

Ah right, okay thanks.