PDA

View Full Version : Oil McBurnie

Magpie
09-05-2021, 10:36 PM
Video recently posted of him attacking some teenagers.

https://twitter.com/jwvernon/status/1391499891847929858?s=21

Hibee Mac
09-05-2021, 10:54 PM
Wow, hopefully that's the last we see of him in a Scotland strip. He should be well out the picture anyway but this should do it

Magpie
09-05-2021, 10:58 PM
Wow, hopefully that's the last we see of him in a Scotland strip. He should be well out the picture anyway but this should do it

Thought similar. Nisbet should be called up regardless but if McBurnie doesn’t go then it should increase Kevin’s chances.

09-05-2021, 11:33 PM
If that really is him then what a complete idiot.

As far as the Scotland team goes, I'll not miss him, we are better off without him.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-05-2021, 12:09 AM
Another player who has made a heap of cash without needing to do an awful lot to justify it.

AgentDaleCooper
10-05-2021, 12:15 AM
A dobber who's record on the pitch speaks for itself - 7 goals in 2 seasons. Roughly a goal every 3 months.

CMurdoch
10-05-2021, 01:14 AM
Video recently posted of him attacking some teenagers.

https://twitter.com/jwvernon/status/1391499891847929858?s=21

Is that it?
Doesn't have any context.
Someone being told to take someone away..

There was a story in the current bun a month ago saying Wolves were preparing a £15 million bid for McBurnie this summer. That's probably cak as well.

hibby rae
10-05-2021, 07:51 AM
Is that it?
Doesn't have any context.
Someone being told to take someone away..

There was a story in the current bun a month ago saying Wolves were preparing a £15 million bid for McBurnie this summer. That's probably cak as well.

Yeah dunno what has happened before it. Hard to even confirm it is him.

Although I just generally hope he never plays for Scotland again.

Northernhibee
10-05-2021, 07:53 AM
The way he wears his socks annoys me.

JeMeSouviens
10-05-2021, 09:51 AM
I'm guessing that if he threw any punches - they missed. :rolleyes:

Sylar
10-05-2021, 09:54 AM
I refuse to believe it's him, as the boy has absolutely no attack in him.

500miles
10-05-2021, 10:00 AM
I think 3 guys following him along the street harassing him is worse than him giving them a skelp for it.

Shrekko
10-05-2021, 11:17 AM
Just amazed we've not had any 'Oil' puns yet in tribute to the title typo. Hibs.net is normally pretty slick in these circumstances.

Jim44
10-05-2021, 11:25 AM
....... only if you know the drill, boom, boom!

JeMeSouviens
10-05-2021, 11:25 AM
Just amazed we've not had any 'Oil' puns yet in tribute to the title typo. Hibs.net is normally pretty slick in these circumstances.

That would just be crude. :rolleyes:

Scorrie
10-05-2021, 11:27 AM

That video could be rigged...

Hibernian Verse
10-05-2021, 11:32 AM
It takes an Extra Virgin to verbally abuse someone in the street regardless of how ***** a footballer they are.

These young lads are likely on a slippery slope.

Paul1642
10-05-2021, 11:39 AM
No doubt the lads have been winding him up but that’s never an excuse for assaulting them. He is supposed to be a role model. If he can’t take 3 lads having a go in the street I wonder how 40k opposition fans affect his performance. Idiot

sleeping giant
10-05-2021, 11:54 AM
No doubt the lads have been winding him up but that’s never an excuse for assaulting them. He is supposed to be a role model. If he can’t take 3 lads having a go in the street I wonder how 40k opposition fans affect his performance. Idiot

Do you know what they said or did?

Iain G
10-05-2021, 11:56 AM
It takes an Extra Virgin to verbally abuse someone in the street regardless of how ***** a footballer they are.

These young lads are likely on a slippery slope.

Hasn't the poor guy has been castorgated enough?

Paul1642
10-05-2021, 01:43 PM
Do you know what they said or did?

Does it matter? Clear from the video it’s not self defence.

CMurdoch
10-05-2021, 06:41 PM

The video is rubbish.
Shows no assault, barely has raised voices, no threats, looks like someone tries to stand on the phone and misses which is McBurnies MO right enough.

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2021, 06:47 PM
Oil you say !

some folk just like scraping the Barrel

WeeRussell
10-05-2021, 09:35 PM

Was going to start them but apparently puns really grind some folks’ gears on here.

I prefer dead pan comedy anyhow.

Eyrie
10-05-2021, 09:39 PM

Shale I be the first to say "Well done" on that pun?

ian cruise
10-05-2021, 09:48 PM

I suspect he's in the wrong but we don't know what has gone on before. They could have been giving him verbal abuse and it's a total overreaction. They could have taken a swing at him/family member/friend, spat at him or given his car a kick as he was parked. Any number of things could have caused his reaction and if it's one of the latter examples I've given I'm sure many on here would have done the same.

There's a growing trend amongst young bampots to low level attack folk (shoves, wee kicks, etc) and film it for shares on social media, both their own pages and these "banter" pages that glorify ned behaviour. A friend of mine was taking part in a 36 hour coast to coast cycle down south and had to stop because 15 young guys took it upon themselves to run alongside, harass and ultimately shove him off his bike for their video.

He was doing the cycle for a mental health charity as he suffers from anxiety quite badly himself and the episode made him have an attack that meant the whole thing had to be scrapped as he couldn't get his head straight to get back on the bike and cycle through the night.

ancient hibee
10-05-2021, 10:22 PM
We
Shale I be the first to say "Well done" on that pun?
STOP PRESS. Oil victim identified as Derrick.Said to be well.

Hibbyradge
10-05-2021, 10:31 PM
Seems it's open Sesame on puns now. :rolleyes:

Greencore
10-05-2021, 10:38 PM
IF it is Oli, then this is good news for us. Loses Scotland place (possibly) and Nisbet is definitely in the squad for the euros. Plays well and means ££££ for hibs.

Iain G
10-05-2021, 10:41 PM
We

He knows the drill

Hibbyradge
We

3 in 1.

Very slick.

Iain G
IF it is Oli, then this is good news for us. Loses Scotland place (possibly) and Nisbet is definitely in the squad for the euros. Plays well and means ££££ for hibs.

He is injured and out of the Euro squad already!

Greencore
10-05-2021, 11:28 PM

He didn't look injured 😂

Anyway good news for hibs and Scotland!

CMurdoch
11-05-2021, 01:05 AM
I suspect he's in the wrong but we don't know what has gone on before. They could have been giving him verbal abuse and it's a total overreaction. They could have taken a swing at him/family member/friend, spat at him or given his car a kick as he was parked. Any number of things could have caused his reaction and if it's one of the latter examples I've given I'm sure many on here would have done the same.

There's a growing trend amongst young bampots to low level attack folk (shoves, wee kicks, etc) and film it for shares on social media, both their own pages and these "banter" pages that glorify ned behaviour. A friend of mine was taking part in a 36 hour coast to coast cycle down south and had to stop because 15 young guys took it upon themselves to run alongside, harass and ultimately shove him off his bike for their video.

He was doing the cycle for a mental health charity as he suffers from anxiety quite badly himself and the episode made him have an attack that meant the whole thing had to be scrapped as he couldn't get his head straight to get back on the bike and cycle through the night.

That is hellish in so many respects.

CropleyWasGod
11-05-2021, 10:15 AM
Looks like he's been arrested.

BBC News - Oli McBurnie: Police make arrest over incident filmed on phone
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57068729

JeMeSouviens
11-05-2021, 10:19 AM
If only he could show some refinement. He seems to be a bit of a tanker. :dunno:

EdinMike
11-05-2021, 10:29 AM
His reputation seems to be tarnished... I have full confidence that Tar is oil, anyhoo what an eejit.

Hibee Mac
11-05-2021, 10:43 AM
Hopefully this puts and end to Clarke playing him for Scotland. The guy genuinely almost lost us our spot in the Euros with his 10 min cameo v Serbia

calumhibee1
11-05-2021, 10:45 AM
Hopefully this puts and end to Clarke playing him for Scotland. The guy genuinely almost lost us our spot in the Euros with his 10 min cameo v Serbia
:agree:

He’s an atrocious player. Shouldn’t play for Scotland again based on ability alone.

God knows how he has managed the career he has.

WeeRussell
11-05-2021, 10:48 AM
Anyone who knows the full story behind this better spill.

Anthony Soprano
11-05-2021, 01:57 PM
https://twitter.com/sufcluke_/status/1392078685243588613?s=21

McBurnie actually shows a decent amount of restraint IMO, was apparently walking home with his girlfriend when this was being filmed.

Wish the lad filming all the worst.

Magpie
11-05-2021, 02:00 PM
:agree:

He’s an atrocious player. Shouldn’t play for Scotland again based on ability alone.

God knows how he has managed the career he has.

I think he will end up at The Rangers.

SJNB Hibby
11-05-2021, 02:06 PM

With a fractured foot no less. Presumably his good foot he was stamping the phone with. Mind you having seen him play, neither foot is much good

Hibbyradge
11-05-2021, 02:07 PM
https://twitter.com/sufcluke_/status/1392078685243588613?s=21

McBurnie actually shows a decent amount of restraint IMO, was apparently walking home with his girlfriend when this was being filmed.

Wish the lad filming all the worst.

That's very generous of you, but in my opinion, he's only showing restraint because he's on camera. He should have walked away from the drunk twat.

Anthony Soprano
11-05-2021, 02:16 PM
That's very generous of you, but in my opinion, he's only showing restraint because he's on camera. He should have walked away from the drunk twat.

He should have. But he's only human like the rest of us. One thing getting it from the stands but folk harassing you in the street is something else. He won't thank himself for how he reacted but i'm glad he gave the lad a slap

Hibbyradge
11-05-2021, 02:33 PM
He should have. But he's only human like the rest of us. One thing getting it from the stands but folk harassing you in the street is something else. He won't thank himself for how he reacted but i'm glad he gave the lad a slap

The lad will have the last laugh if McBurnie ends up with a criminal record and gets binned from his Scotland role.

LaMotta
11-05-2021, 02:46 PM
The lad will have the last laugh if McBurnie ends up with a criminal record and gets binned from his Scotland role.

Nobody comes out of this well but the 21 year old Leeds fan filming has made an absolute twat of himself then decided to post it all over social media and run crying to the sun.

I dont think he'll be laughing too much by the end of the saga. He asked McBurnie what he was gonna do and he got his answer:greengrin

Hibbyradge
11-05-2021, 03:13 PM
Nobody comes out of this well but the 21 year old Leeds fan filming has made an absolute twat of himself then decided to post it all over social media and run crying to the sun.

I dont think he'll be laughing too much by the end of the saga. He asked McBurnie what he was gonna do and he got his answer:greengrin

He'll have received money from the Sun and he'll undoubtedly get compensation for McBurnie who will probably get a fine and have a criminal record.

LaMotta
11-05-2021, 03:46 PM
He'll have received money from the Sun and he'll undoubtedly get compensation for McBurnie who will probably get a fine and have a criminal record.
Yes but English law considers the act of intentionally provoking another person to be a crime so he could be in a similar boat there.

His employers (an insurance brokers) are also unlikely to be too happy about the situation. And moreover the guy is going to get ripped for the rest of his life for taking a hit off someone that couldnt hit a coo's arse with a banjo :greengrin. I think after everything settles he won't be laughing!

EI255
11-05-2021, 05:52 PM
Awful footballer

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

RoYO!
11-05-2021, 05:56 PM
Can only assume he mentioned his tiny shorts..

Hibbyradge
11-05-2021, 06:04 PM
Yes but English law considers the act of intentionally provoking another person to be a crime so he could be in a similar boat there.

His employers (an insurance brokers) are also unlikely to be too happy about the situation. And moreover the guy is going to get ripped for the rest of his life for taking a hit off someone that couldnt hit a coo's arse with a banjo :greengrin. I think after everything settles he won't be laughing!

Love the coo's arse comment. :hilarious

The guy with the camera is obviously an erse, but getting slagged by opposition fans should be water off a duck's back. The provocation point is interesting in that it might stop him getting compensation over and above the cost of the phone, but it won't stop McBurnie being found guilty.

It's an all round sheitefest.

MrRobot
11-05-2021, 08:00 PM
Boy deserved a slap for goading him like that.

hibbysam
11-05-2021, 08:33 PM
When folk are out with their families just leave them alone. It’s not hard. Even for photos and pish like that, give them a break. Wandering the streets shouting abuse at someone and thinking you can get away with it because he’s a footballer isn’t right, someone starts shouting at you in the street your going to have words, if they keep doing it your going to leather them. Good on him.

Bad Habits
11-05-2021, 09:33 PM
I lived in Knaresborough for a while and know the area quite well, Mcburnie spends quite a bit of time in carriages near the first video, the lads have followed him for a good couple of hundred metres barrelling abuse at him.

CapitalGreen
11-05-2021, 09:34 PM
Hopefully they keep him locked up until after the Euros.

Iain G
11-05-2021, 09:35 PM
Hopefully they keep him locked up until after the Euros.

Just in case his fractured foot heals in time? 🤣

CapitalGreen
11-05-2021, 09:48 PM
Just in case his fractured foot heals in time? 🤣

Exactly, can’t be too careful with these things.

ben johnson
12-05-2021, 01:25 AM
There was a time when abusing someone led to a slap that actually taught you boundaries.
If after your slap the police were involved you would be in line for even worse than a slap
Could the boy filming just not learn and take on board that this type of behaviour might have repercussions

WestCoastHibby
12-05-2021, 05:37 AM

Are you saying the wheels have come off??

Since452
12-05-2021, 05:37 AM
Guy deserved a sore face to be honest

Hibbyradge
12-05-2021, 06:07 AM
Guy deserved a sore face to be honest

The thing is that if it had been a Hibs fan with Skatcel or Levein, folk wouldn't be saying that.

Frankly, they're both twats for their behaviour.

Rumble de Thump
12-05-2021, 06:20 AM
If I was giving someone abuse in the street I would expect to be punched in the face.

danhibees1875
12-05-2021, 06:39 AM
The thing is that if it had been a Hibs fan with Skatcel or Levein, folk wouldn't be saying that.

Frankly, they're both twats for their behaviour.

The Hibs fan would deserve it in that instance.

Callum_62
12-05-2021, 06:59 AM
If I was giving someone abuse in the street I would expect to be punched in the face.Definately

I guess because you can freely hurl abuse at the same guy for 90 mins with zero repurcussions makes some folk think they are invincible

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
12-05-2021, 07:12 AM
Definately

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Are you H?

Since452
12-05-2021, 07:31 AM
Are you H?

:rotflmao: