PDA

View Full Version : It will be a novelty

Irish_Steve
09-05-2021, 05:40 PM
For the first time ever, we will be watching a Scottish Cup Final and thinking, "Please, let`s win it this time"!

2016 put paid to all that. I will still be nervous but I won`t have that feeling of dread watching the game - I may even enjoy the match!

Pagan Hibernia
09-05-2021, 06:00 PM
For the first time ever, we will be watching a Scottish Cup Final and thinking, "Please, let`s win it this time"!

2016 put paid to all that. I will still be nervous but I won`t have that feeling of dread watching the game - I may even enjoy the match!

I won’t until we’re at least 3 up. Even then I’ll have my doubts

Irish_Steve
09-05-2021, 06:11 PM
I won’t until we’re at least 3 up. Even then I’ll have my doubts

Aye , in the fifth minute of three minutes injury time lol

Vini1875
09-05-2021, 06:12 PM
Not sure about that. This is easily the biggest cup final we have been in with the biggest prize. I think I might be more nervous watching on the telly.

basehibby
09-05-2021, 06:36 PM

Cup Finals are always a mixture of hope, excitement and tension. Fear of losing should not really be a factor but it did become one for many long in the tooth Hibees with bitter experience of their hopes being raised and dashed. I reckon our 2016 victory should expunge that to a certain extent but face it - we will all still be as nervous as kittens - nothing will change that!

madabouthibs
09-05-2021, 06:57 PM
I really don't give a toss if we win this one or not! Strange feeling, but that '16 win will never be bettered, we're there, we're favourites, but it just won't be the same as 5 years ago.
*Tin hat on. 😁

Lancs Harp
09-05-2021, 06:59 PM
I really don't give a toss if we win this one or not! Strange feeling, but that '16 win will never be bettered, we're there, we're favourites, but it just won't be the same as 5 years ago.
*Tin hat on. 😁

It will be close fella. These days dont come very often, hopefully in the future they will.

Frazerbob
*Tin hat on. 😁

Of course it won’t be the same but if you’re not bothered about winning the biggest trophy we realistically have a chance of winning then you gave ask what’s the point.

Northernhibee
*Tin hat on. 😁

Oh no, I'm desperate to win this one. Shove the "Hibsed it" right up the ***** of those who still think that way, and start a new future where we are confident going into cup finals.

No more thoughts of hoodoos, bottling it or the like. Let's push right on.

B.H.F.C
09-05-2021, 07:05 PM
I’ll be properly nervous watching. It’s different not being there but the rewards for winning this cup are absolutely massive. Gives us an opportunity to really kick on as a club.

Jim44
09-05-2021, 07:30 PM
*Tin hat on. 😁

I don’t agree we will definitely be favourites. It will depend on the bookies’ criteria. League positions, yes, we look good. Head to head ........ they are favourites without a shadow of doubt. I wouldn’t mind us being underdogs.

Lancs Harp
09-05-2021, 07:33 PM
I don’t agree we will definitely be favourites. It will depend on the bookies’ criteria. League positions, yes, we look good. Head to head ........ they are favourites without a shadow of doubt. I wouldn’t mind us being underdogs.

We will be favourites simply because the bookies will take far more money on a Hibs win than a Saints win. Thats what sets the bookies price.

Sir David Gray
09-05-2021, 07:42 PM
*Tin hat on. 😁

I definitely wouldn't say that I don't give a toss whether we win or not, I really hope we do win.

However I do have sympathy with your point of view and I agree I don't think it will feel anything like 2016.

Watching it at home for a start will feel nothing like being at the game, if we win then I've no doubt thousands of fans will be out in Leith on the Saturday night to celebrate but I won't be doing that and will feel really jealous. Also no parade will take place.

It will be great to win it and to qualify for the European group stages until Christmas but in terms of the actual event on the day itself, I can't say I'm very excited about the prospect of watching a cup final at an empty Hampden and (hopefully) celebrating in the house.

Kaff
09-05-2021, 07:47 PM
This gives us true hope of being regular cup winners, 5yrs and only Celtic and St Johnstone having won a cup between our last win.
Get the increased income and be regular Euro league qualifiers and we could keep that ratio of regular cup wins. 4 in 50ish years is obviously not enough and 2 per decade much more like it.

Broken Gnome
09-05-2021, 07:52 PM
Defeat would be a real extreme low without being there. It's felt pretty hollow and depressing going through the bad bits of the season without being there as a coping mechanism.

Winning it is never going to top 2016 as an experience, clearly not. Just as important though, and think ahead how good the first game back would be and the chance to get reacquainted with the cup winners.