PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations (Kelly) Hearts!

Dashing Bob S
09-05-2021, 10:50 AM
Deserve a thread if their own, surely. Brora are a tough nut to crack and a thumping play off aggregate win is impressive by any standards.

Irish_Steve
09-05-2021, 10:51 AM
Er, Kelty - and there is a thread already ;)

Steven79
09-05-2021, 10:51 AM
Deserve a thread if their own, surely. Brora are a tough nut to crack and a thumping play off aggregate win is impressive by any standards.

Clearly the better Hearts team in Scotland as the lesser Hearts got gubbed by them!

calumhibee1
09-05-2021, 10:54 AM
Kelty have some very decent players. A lot of them should be playing League One in Scotland.

Nathan Austin
Dylan Easton
Kallum Higgenbottom

If they come up I’d be surprised if they don’t get promoted again next season.

ancient hibee
09-05-2021, 10:55 AM
Kelly? Any relation to that guy Patrick who keeps appearing in posts ?

matty_f
09-05-2021, 10:57 AM
My next door neighbour plays for Kelty, they’re a lovely family so i was really pleased that they won yesterday. Would be great to see them promoted.

Since452
09-05-2021, 10:57 AM
They have Hearts in their name and play in maroon. Childish I know but **** them.

Stuart93
09-05-2021, 11:01 AM
Basically bought their way into the leagues.

Irish_Steve
09-05-2021, 11:02 AM
Kelty have some very decent players. A lot of them should be playing League One in Scotland.

Nathan Austin
Dylan Easton
Kallum Higgenbottom

If they come up I’d be surprised if they don’t get promoted again next season.

Has Kallum had enough of David Robertson`s swearing lol

CMurdoch
09-05-2021, 11:08 AM
Basically bought their way into the leagues.

Not in the league yet.
All the new teams in the Scottish league buy their way in.
Bonnyrigg will be trying to buy their way in next.
It's how they overcome their ambitious rivals.
It's how they blow away the team at the bottom of the pyramid.

Lendo
09-05-2021, 11:15 AM
They have Hearts in their name and play in maroon. Childish I know but **** them.

And they’re managed by Barry Ferguson. So even more **** them.

Billy Whizz
09-05-2021, 11:29 AM
Nice wee stadium, seating and standing too

09-05-2021, 06:34 PM
Kelly would have taken Brora to a replay at the very least and she doesn't even like football.

Diclonius
09-05-2021, 06:37 PM
You won't see me congratulating a team named Hearts.

Juniper Greens
09-05-2021, 08:15 PM
I wonder what league Brechin would chose to play in if they go down?

09-05-2021, 08:31 PM
You won't see me congratulating a team named Hearts.

What not even to congratulate them already getting further in next year's Scottish Cup than they did in this year's?

EI255
09-05-2021, 08:36 PM
They have Hearts in their name and play in maroon. Childish I know but **** them.This.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

EI255
09-05-2021, 08:37 PM
Not in the league yet.
All the new teams in the Scottish league buy their way in.
Bonnyrigg will be trying to buy their way in next.
It's how they overcome their ambitious rivals.
It's how they blow away the team at the bottom of the pyramid.How many times have we seen the non league team play bottom placed team in league 2 play off final and get humped?!!

CMurdoch
09-05-2021, 08:39 PM
How many times have we seen the non league team play bottom placed team in league 2 play off final and get humped?!!

I can't remember.
Remind me.

Albion Rovers will be next.
Will be getting the Brora or Bonnyrigg foot on their butt next year.

Billy Whizz
09-05-2021, 08:46 PM
I can't remember.
Remind me.

Albion Rovers will be next.
Will be getting the Brora or Bonnyrigg foot on their butt next year.

It’s about time some of the clubs were given the chance to get in to league 2!
How often have we seen the likes of Cowdenbeath, Albion Rovers and Brechin, near the bottom of league 2

Eyrie
09-05-2021, 09:30 PM
I wonder what league Brechin would chose to play in if they go down?

I read somewhere that they're not happy because they'd be in the Highland League, but the Lowland League would suit them better both for travel and for getting players who are based in the Central Belt.

One Day
10-05-2021, 07:27 AM

Thats how I feel as well

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2021, 07:31 AM
How many times have we seen the non league team play bottom placed team in league 2 play off final and get humped?!!

I only remember once when someone beat the highland league team (who were rumoured to be happy to stay in the highland league).

Edinburgh City and Cove Rangers have won since. I’m not sure how many times it’s been played but that’s the 3 I remember.

G15 Hibs
10-05-2021, 10:08 AM
It’s about time some of the clubs were given the chance to get in to league 2!
How often have we seen the likes of Cowdenbeath, Albion Rovers and Brechin, near the bottom of league 2

Don't know the stats, but both Cowdenbeath and Brechin have been in the Championship in recent memory. Both had absolutely catastrophic double relegations since and have never recovered at all. If Brechin go down my money would be on Cowden following them next season.

I read somewhere that they're not happy because they'd be in the Highland League, but the Lowland League would suit them better both for travel and for getting players who are based in the Central Belt.

Aye, the Angus teams rely a lot on players dropping down from the Dundee clubs or moving around amongst each other. The travelling involved every other week would be bound to put some off if other local options are around.

I only remember once when someone beat the highland league team (who were rumoured to be happy to stay in the highland league).

Edinburgh City and Cove Rangers have won since. I’m not sure how many times it’s been played but that’s the 3 I remember.

Brora lost to Montrose a few years back and there'd been rumours before the game that the owner wasn't too fussed about going up, preferred being a big fish in a small pond then. That attitude seems to have changed in the last 5 years or so. East Kilbride got to the play off final at least once, possibly twice, but lost on penalties. That was possibly their best chance as it was before the junior teams switched over. Cowdenbeath beat Cove the season before Cove eventually got promotion, a game famous for ending in a barney at Central Park.

scoopyboy
10-05-2021, 10:21 AM
I would fancy Kelty strongly to beat Brechin over two legs.

I could be wrong but when teams get relegated from the Scottish League they don't come back up.

East Stirlingshire and Berwick Rangers spring to mind, there may be others.

G15 Hibs
10-05-2021, 10:32 AM

I could be wrong but when teams get relegated from the Scottish League they don't come back up.

East Stirlingshire went down in 2016, Berwick in 2019 - that's the only two that have been relegated out the SPFL so far. Like you, I'd be surprised if Brechin stayed up. There's certainly going to be a lot more competition for getting into the league. In the interests in competition it would be better if there were less barriers to promotion (currently win Lowland or Highland League, win play off against winner of the other League, win play off against bottom team in League 2), with fluid movement up and down the pyramid allowing teams to find their own level.

And back on subject, **** any team managed by Barry Ferguson.

JimBHibees
10-05-2021, 01:53 PM
East Stirlingshire went down in 2016, Berwick in 2019 - that's the only two that have been relegated out the SPFL so far. Like you, I'd be surprised if Brechin stayed up. There's certainly going to be a lot more competition for getting into the league. In the interests in competition it would be better if there were less barriers to promotion (currently win Lowland or Highland League, win play off against winner of the other League, win play off against bottom team in League 2), with fluid movement up and down the pyramid allowing teams to find their own level.

And back on subject, **** any team managed by Barry Ferguson.

Is Bob Malcolm not his assistant? :greengrin

JimBHibees
10-05-2021, 01:54 PM

Agree can't see anything other than a comfortable Kelty win