PDA

View Full Version : Brighton fan in peace

Brighton Hibee
08-05-2021, 06:46 PM
Hi all,

I've not posted on here for years so apologies for not being up to speed!

Was just wondering what the general consensus was to our proposed link up?

Personally, I'd love it as Hibs are my second club, and have been since 1992, but understand that it may not be everyone's cup of tea...

brog
08-05-2021, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=Brighton Hibee;6555201]Hi all,

My son in law is a huge Brighton fan & I've been to see the Seagulls on many occasions, including at Withdean. I'm all for it!

Flyman
08-05-2021, 06:54 PM
Brighton need all the help they can get.

Billy Whizz
08-05-2021, 06:58 PM
Hi all,

Personally, I'd love it as Hibs are my second club, and have been since 1992, but understand that it may not be everyone's cup of tea...

Think the dialogue is still in its early stages
Until we know the detail, it will be hard to comment on it

jacomo
08-05-2021, 06:59 PM
Genuinely interested in what your thoughts are on how this proposed link up might go.

I’ve got time for BHA, largely because you fans kept the faith during those long years when you were effectively homeless and the club might have lost its connection with the city altogether.

Obviously you’ve got a lot more money to play with and your manager seems to want to play the right way. I think Scotland is a good proving ground for young talent - even Riyad Mahrez says so! And, of course, we might produce another one or two who could go to the EPL.

Since452
08-05-2021, 06:59 PM
Hi all,

I'd like to see the ins and outs of what it offers this club before I make my mind up

WestCoastHibby
08-05-2021, 07:00 PM
Think the dialogue is still in its early stages
Until we know the detail, it will be hard to comment on it

That doesn't stop most on here.....🤔

Greencore
08-05-2021, 07:01 PM
Hi all,

I'm all for it. Have family down Brighton way (wife side) and go down to East Sussex way once a year and normally go into Brighton for a day or two.

If it can benefit hibs why not and I'm sure it would benefit Brighton having their younger/reserve players get game time

What's the feel amongst the Brighton fans?

Keith_M
08-05-2021, 07:05 PM
Hi all,

If you're willing to admit that our Seagulls are tougher than yours, then I have no objection.

Brighton Hibee
08-05-2021, 07:08 PM
Genuinely interested in what your thoughts are on how this proposed link up might go.

I’ve got time for BHA, largely because you fans kept the faith during those long years when you were effectively homeless and the club might have lost its connection with the city altogether.

Obviously you’ve got a lot more money to play with and your manager seems to want to play the right way. I think Scotland is a good proving ground for young talent - even Riyad Mahrez says so! And, of course, we might produce another one or two who could go to the EPL.

When we were campaigning for our new ground - took 14 years - we did a postcard initiative and sent a load to MPs explaining the issue.

I asked for help on here and was overwhelmed with the response. I'll never forget that!

I think we're similar clubs and definitely similar cities.

My mates know of my Hibs allegiance so realise I'm all for it.

As other posters have said, until we know more it's hard to comment really.

Would love to see a friendly between us though. I've been dreaming about it since I went to Anderlecht in 1992!

Brighton Hibee
08-05-2021, 07:10 PM
If you're willing to admit that our Seagulls are tougher than yours, then I have no objection.

To be fair, that would be an interesting contest. Ours are ****s!

CMurdoch
08-05-2021, 07:11 PM
Hi all,

There is a 3 page long thread on page 2
The dreamers obviously have you loaning great young South Americsn players to us etc.
The reality is likely to be something different but it is interesting.
We have an American owner these days and he is predictably looking to increase revenue streams and sign young talented players develop them then sell them on for a good profit.
We have also set up links with a small 2nd tier American team and a 4th tier Scottish team in the last year. The latter appears to be where we will send our young players to develop and the former has seen us receive 3 or 4 of their players over to train with us and I suspect we will send some kids out there in the future to aid their development.
The partnership with your team is different in that you are the big club in the partnership. Other than the usual chiches we have not been told what each party will expect to get out of it and as ever time will give us a clearer indication. I certainly don't see anything negative in the arrangement.

Keith_M
08-05-2021, 07:12 PM
To be fair, that would be an interesting contest. Ours are ****s!

:take that

:greengrin

Lancs Harp
08-05-2021, 07:17 PM
Got time for Brighton and thier fans. My favours down South are with Blackpool and and during the Seasiders fight against the Oyston regime, Brighton fans gave great support, well versed in fighting their own issues previously. A battle Blackpool fans finally won and now the club is moving back in the right direction again.

Brighton Hibee
08-05-2021, 07:17 PM
I'm all for it. Have family down Brighton way (wife side) and go down to East Sussex way once a year and normally go into Brighton for a day or two.

If it can benefit hibs why not and I'm sure it would benefit Brighton having their younger/reserve players get game time

What's the feel amongst the Brighton fans?

Our academy is starting to produce some real talent which has been flourishing on loan.

I think Albion fans would like to see that benefitting another club they can get behind.

Our chairman also owns Royale Union Saint-Gilloise in Brussels and is a diehard Albion fan, from a family of passionate supporters. A total blessing in today's Premier League.

Pagan Hibernia
08-05-2021, 07:18 PM
When we were campaigning for our new ground - took 14 years - we did a postcard initiative and sent a load to MPs explaining the issue.

I asked for help on here and was overwhelmed with the response. I'll never forget that!

I think we're similar clubs and definitely similar cities.

My mates know of my Hibs allegiance so realise I'm all for it.

As other posters have said, until we know more it's hard to comment really.

Would love to see a friendly between us though. I've been dreaming about it since I went to Anderlecht in 1992!

really? How so?

Brighton Hibee
08-05-2021, 07:19 PM
There is a 3 page long thread on page 2

Apologies, I didn't spot that. Will have a look.

Brighton Hibee
08-05-2021, 07:22 PM
really? How do?

I've always thought of Edinburgh and Brighton having more in common than not. Bit different, fairly welcoming, a cultural draw.

That's how it's felt when I've visited many times. But I was pretty pissed each time so I could be wrong!

WoreTheGreen
08-05-2021, 07:24 PM

Aye but ours are cc seagulls

AltheHibby
08-05-2021, 08:06 PM
I've always thought of Edinburgh and Brighton having more in common than not. Bit different, fairly welcoming, a cultural draw.

That's how it's felt when I've visited many times. But I was pretty pissed each time so I could be wrong!

I have visited Brighton a few times. I can see the similarities in the people and the cities.

jacomo
10-05-2021, 08:18 AM
I have visited Brighton a few times. I can see the similarities in the people and the cities.

Brighton doesn’t have the capital city infrastructure of Edinburgh nor the international profile. It is a cosmopolitan coastal city though.

Maybe the closer comparison is between Brighton and Leith. Brighton also known as London on Sea so has that capital influence!

Brighton Hibee
10-05-2021, 08:22 AM
Brighton doesn’t have the capital city infrastructure of Edinburgh nor the international profile. It is a cosmopolitan coastal city though.

Maybe the closer comparison is between Brighton and Leith. Brighton also known as London on Sea so has that capital influence!

Good shout on the Leith comparison.

But, mentioning 'London by the Sea' to a local here is a sure fire way to antagonise someone!

Keith_M
10-05-2021, 08:26 AM

But, mentioning 'London by the Sea' to a local here is a sure fire way to antagonise someone!

I heard you lot are quite keen on Crystal Palace, so maybe that's the London link-up?

:dunno:

Hibbyradge
10-05-2021, 08:43 AM
I heard you lot are quite keen on Crystal Palace, so maybe that's the London link-up?

:dunno:

Naughty! :tsk tsk:

In the late 80s and early 90s I lived on Selhurst Road, about 3 minutes walk from the ground.

I went to watch Palace when they were in the old 2nd division and won promotion with the likes of Ian Wright and Mark Bright in their team.

They were exciting to watch and the atmosphere was good, but they never quite got under my skin enough for me to call them my English team. I doubt I'll ever have an emotional connection to Brighton either, but I do like the city, and I'm hopeful that the link up is beneficial to both parties.

I remember there was a pub in the Shambles area called the Spotted Dog. It became our week's "HQ" when we were in Brighton for conferences. I heard that it had become a gay bar more recently. Is that still the case?

Swedish hibee
10-05-2021, 09:12 AM
We'll happily take Lewis Dunk of your hands! I think he's a great player.

Billy Whizz
10-05-2021, 09:15 AM
Reading their under 17’s won the Premier League cup

badabing67
10-05-2021, 10:57 AM
I think you should message matty_f he hosts the longbagers podcast, and has already stated he is in favour these sort of partnerships. Perhaps your podcast guys could put your heads together with ours so we can all get better informed about what could be on the table. I think its the way forward from a fans point of view. I think it would be quite entertaining as well. Personally would enjoy a joint podcast on the subject. Here's hoping. Who knows we could get a preseason friendly out of it.

SRHibs
10-05-2021, 11:33 AM
Had a peek at the Brighton forum. Can't disagree with any of this:

matty_f
10-05-2021, 11:47 AM
I think you should message matty_f he hosts the longbagers podcast, and has already stated he is in favour these sort of partnerships. Perhaps your podcast guys could put your heads together with ours so we can all get better informed about what could be on the table. I think its the way forward from a fans point of view. I think it would be quite entertaining as well. Personally would enjoy a joint podcast on the subject. Here's hoping. Who knows we could get a preseason friendly out of it.

:aok:

I’m definitely in favour of these things, broadening your knowledge and experiences can only be a good thing. I’m less bothered about potential loans etc, and more interested in how the clubs can help develop each other’s players and coaches, share best practices etc.

I’m really happy that Hibs have this high on our agenda.

Keith_M
10-05-2021, 12:21 PM
Naughty! :tsk tsk:

:greengrin

jacomo
10-05-2021, 12:37 PM

I know. Doesn’t make it entirely untrue though :wink:

badabing67
10-05-2021, 12:41 PM
:aok:

I’m definitely in favour of these things, broadening your knowledge and experiences can only be a good thing. I’m less bothered about potential loans etc, and more interested in how the clubs can help develop each other’s players and coaches, share best practices etc.

I’m really happy that Hibs have this high on our agenda.

Keep up the good work matty, big fan of longbangers and all the other podcasts from the Hibee podcast family. They have been brilliant distraction during lockdown. We are blessed as a fan base to have you guys giving us something to look forward to between games. Great stuff will keep an eye out to see if you guys can get a collaborative podcast with Brighton podcasters so both sets of fans can get a sense of this how this could move forward and how we all feel about. Personally I think if the clubs can get it right it really could be hugely beneficial to both clubs. Here's hoping

EdinMike
10-05-2021, 12:58 PM

I think that's a cracking Idea. Would be interesting to hear both sides.

Billy Whizz
10-05-2021, 05:19 PM
I think that's a cracking Idea. Would be interesting to hear both sides.

Just be careful in case Aberdeen are listening😀

Brighton Hibee
12-05-2021, 04:50 PM
Keep up the good work matty, big fan of longbangers and all the other podcasts from the Hibee podcast family. They have been brilliant distraction during lockdown. We are blessed as a fan base to have you guys giving us something to look forward to between games. Great stuff will keep an eye out to see if you guys can get a collaborative podcast with Brighton podcasters so both sets of fans can get a sense of this how this could move forward and how we all feel about. Personally I think if the clubs can get it right it really could be hugely beneficial to both clubs. Here's hoping

I ran an Albion-related radio show for a couple of years until recently and am resurrecting it as a podcast in the back room of a pub at the start of next season.

Also co-founded a fanzine in the 1990s, own an Albion-related magazine, and have written two books on the club.

Would be great to collaborate if possible.

Really hope this happens. My two favourite clubs being officially linked would be amazing!

badabing67
12-05-2021, 05:37 PM
I ran an Albion-related radio show for a couple of years until recently and am resurrecting it as a podcast in the back room of a pub at the start of next season.

Also co-founded a fanzine in the 1990s, own an Albion-related magazine, and have written two books on the club.

Would be great to collaborate if possible.

Really hope this happens. My two favourite clubs being officially linked would be amazing!

Good luck. I really hope you can help make it happen. I have my fingers crossed

TelaStella
17-05-2021, 02:41 PM
Well that escalated quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcohibs
17-05-2021, 02:47 PM
Sounds like a positive partnership and I'm all for it.

Shame Brighton couldn't get the name of our league right in their announcement mind.

Billy Whizz
17-05-2021, 02:50 PM

Shame Brighton couldn't get the name of our league right in their announcement mind.

Yogi even yesterday was calling it the SPL😀

Brighton Hibee
17-05-2021, 03:01 PM

Great news. The link-up, not the incorrect league name.

bringbackbenny
17-05-2021, 03:05 PM
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2146415/albion-confirm-hibernian-partnership

JimBHibees
17-05-2021, 03:08 PM
Sounds an excellent initiative hopefully benefits for both parties in this. Really like the way Brighton play and think Graham Potter is an excellent coach.

mcohibs
17-05-2021, 03:16 PM
Yogi even yesterday was calling it the SPL😀

Yeah, loads up here still call it the SPL to be fair. Makes no difference really, just a pet peeve more than anything :greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
17-05-2021, 03:18 PM
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2146415/albion-confirm-hibernian-partnership

Great photo of Easter Road on their article. Don't think I have seen that one before.

Since452
17-05-2021, 03:19 PM
Still in Hearts shadow with them having a special relationship partnership with Liverpool and Tottenham

Oscar T Grouch
17-05-2021, 03:22 PM
Still in Hearts shadow with them claiming to have a special relationship partnership with Liverpool and Tottenham

Fixed that for you :wink:

Peevemor
17-05-2021, 03:23 PM
Great photo of Easter Road on their article. Don't think I have seen that one before.

It's superb!

Brighton Hibee
17-05-2021, 03:27 PM

Could any of the corners be filled in?

Oscar T Grouch
17-05-2021, 03:28 PM

Essentially just the corner nearest the photographer, we own that piece of land, the other corners would encroach onto others land, public roads. I believe we're getting a big screen in one of the corners soon though.

Brighton Hibee
17-05-2021, 03:37 PM
Essentially just the corner nearest the photographer, we own that piece of land, the other corners would encroach onto others land, public roads. I believe we're getting a big screen in one of the corners soon though.

Ah right. Thanks for the info. Shame the rest can't get filled in. Hibs'll need a bigger capacity when some of our youngsters start lighting up Easter Road!

3pm
17-05-2021, 03:39 PM

Do we not own the bits of land by the two corners up the away end? Quite a lot of space there.

Billy Whizz
17-05-2021, 03:43 PM

All them I was told, by someone who should know

JohnMcM
17-05-2021, 03:49 PM

:hyper

Kato
17-05-2021, 04:12 PM
All them I was told, by someone who should know

Dougie Crombe had drawings with all 4 corners filled in. There was a bit of a compromise with the Albion Road corner, but the other three looked conventional as far as I remember. He showed us the drawings on one of them ground tours in the 90's - DC said that it was do-able back then. ER was based on Anderlechts' stadium and from the photos in the link there are some variations in the way theirs are filled.

https://www.google.com/search?q=anderlecht+stadium&client=safari&rls=en&sxsrf=ALeKk02h8SAnu4-jvE0bPfWRhYBCPfZu2Q:1621267817636&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi69euijdHwAhVy7OAKHQTqD-AQ_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=934&bih=660&dpr=2

Peevemor
17-05-2021, 04:13 PM
All them I was told, by someone who should knowThey can all be filled, equivalent of bottom tier (similar to what they did at Ibrox), only although there will always be a need for access for ambulances, lorries, etc.

The north-east corner could accommodate something higher but I suspect something else might get built there.

Renfrew_Hibby
17-05-2021, 04:15 PM
All the corners could be 'filled in' depends what you fill them with.

NW & SE should be big screens.
NE should be seating (you'd get around 1,500 in there) not sure about the SW as it's not as expansive as the NE. Maybe leave it as it is, a space for the Police/ambulance and away coach to be safely parked and deposit away players safely into the stadium.

Lendo
17-05-2021, 04:17 PM
Interesting reading over on the Brighton forum. Concerns about our “sectarianism” and how 50k of us attacked Rangers players in 2016. Sheer ignorance but at least some have tried to correct them.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?387600-Brighton-amp-Hibs-Albion (https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?387600-Brighton-amp-Hibs-Albion)

Billy Whizz
17-05-2021, 04:21 PM
They can all be filled, equivalent of bottom tier (similar to what they did at Ibrox), only although there will always be a need for access for ambulances, lorries, etc.

The north-east corner could accommodate something higher but I suspect something else might get built there.

I was told when we built each of the stands, we incorporated the work so we could fill in the corners easily
Not my area of expertise though

Hibby70
17-05-2021, 04:21 PM
Still in Hearts shadow with them having a special relationship partnership with Liverpool and Tottenham

Hearts fans will no doubt be doubling down on their "All the Hibees are gay" chants now.

Brighton Hibee
17-05-2021, 04:22 PM
Interesting reading over on the Brighton forum. Concerns about our “sectarianism” and how 50k of us attacked Rangers players in 2016. Sheer ignorance but at least some have tried to correct them.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?387600-Brighton-amp-Hibs-Albion (https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?387600-Brighton-amp-Hibs-Albion)

One person mentioned sectarianism, and they were soon put in their place.

I've explained to anyone who will listen that Hibs/Hearts is totally different to Rangers/Celtic.

Billy Whizz
17-05-2021, 04:24 PM

Seem to be wanting to send us Aaron Connolly, anyone know anything out him

Lendo
17-05-2021, 04:29 PM

��

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12249800/aaron-connolly-brighton-striker-sanctioned-for-covid-19-breach

Billy Whizz
17-05-2021, 04:36 PM
��

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12249800/aaron-connolly-brighton-striker-sanctioned-for-covid-19-breach

Would fit in better at Sevco

ahibby
17-05-2021, 04:38 PM
I like the way BHA play we could be a good fit.

badabing67
17-05-2021, 05:07 PM
It's superb!

That pic is looking south

AltheHibby
17-05-2021, 05:20 PM
Hi all,

There are a few comments about sectarianism on your site. We aren't like that. Please tell your fellow fans there's nothing to worry about there;we hate both types of bigotry equally!

And as the grandson of a Scottish Catholic and an English Protestant I personally haven't a clue who I'm supposed to hate!!!😀

Kato
17-05-2021, 05:26 PM
There are a few comments about sectarianism on your site. We aren't like that. Please tell your fellow fans there's nothing to worry about there;we hate both types of bigotry equally!

And as the grandson of a Scottish Catholic and an English Protestant I personally haven't a clue who I'm supposed to hate!!!😀

It's always been about loving Hibs as far as I'm concerned.

The Count
17-05-2021, 05:32 PM
Seagulls !!!! Brilliant coincidence.

Bristolhibby
17-05-2021, 05:35 PM

That’s a cracker right enough!

J

Bristolhibby
17-05-2021, 05:38 PM

Never really think about it with Hibs.

I’m technically 1/2 Catholic on both sides of my family. Both my Granny and Nana on both sides were brought up Catholic and married Protestants. That said none of them went to church and I am a card carrying atheist.

I obviously love the history of our club and the underdog and charitable nature of our founding fathers. That we won’t forget.

J

Robbo6-2
17-05-2021, 05:57 PM
Just read the Brightons fans forum. The ignorance of their fans towards Hibs and Scottish football in general is quite incredible.

A club with a fan base less than ourselves, a team that less than 10 year ago were a baw hair away from dropping out the league's all together yet they way they talk about us you would think they are Barcelona.

Fan base and history wise we are a much big club than Brighton. Yet you would think they are doing us a favour with this so called partnership. It just goes to show the financial gulf there is between both leagues.

I for one hope our best young players, the likes of Porteous Doig and Nisbet end up in the EPL one day but couldny give two fecks if they end up at Brighton after reading that.

hibeg
17-05-2021, 06:02 PM

If you scroll down, he did tell them

hibeg
17-05-2021, 06:08 PM
Just read the Brightons fans forum. The ignorance of their fans towards Hibs and Scottish football in general is quite incredible.

A club with a fan base less than ourselves, a team that less than 10 year ago were a baw hair away from dropping out the league's all together yet they way they talk about us you would think they are Barcelona.

Fan base and history wise we are a much big club than Brighton. Yet you would think they are doing us a favour with this so called partnership. It just goes to show the financial gulf there is between both leagues.

I for one hope our best young players, the likes of Porteous Doig and Nisbet end up in the EPL one day but couldny give two fecks if they end up at Brighton after reading that.

100% agree. I have just finished reading the 13 pages on their forum. Thankfully Brighton Hibee and a couple of others are in our corner, but FFS who do the others think they are 😂😂😂

LancsHibs
17-05-2021, 06:41 PM
100% agree. I have just finished reading the 13 pages on their forum. Thankfully Brighton Hibee and a couple of others are in our corner, but FFS who do the others think they are 😂😂😂

Haha so have I, there is even a Brighton Jambo:rotflmao:

Peevemor
17-05-2021, 06:47 PM
I was told when we built each of the stands, we incorporated the work so we could fill in the corners easily
Not my area of expertise thoughIt would have been easier had the East been built with 2 tiers like the other stands. The East now has a different pitch/rake (angle) from the lower tier of the other stands, meaning that the junctions will be awkward.

AltheHibby
17-05-2021, 06:49 PM
If you scroll down, he did tell them

I didn't spot that. Thanks.

Buninyong Hibby
17-05-2021, 07:15 PM

Some of us Leithers would feel the same way! Another similarity!

Brighton Hibee
17-05-2021, 08:07 PM

Please don't base your opinion on Brighton from that thread on North Stand Chat. It was 24 years ago that we nearly died. No home and 28 minutes away from dropping out the Football League. Most of our fans know which side our bread is buttered and if they say something stupid or incorrect about Hibs I'll put them in their place.

I have to disagree about the size of our respective clubs. I think we're closer in size than you think. Our average home crowd for the last ten seasons - apart from Covid - has been at least 20,000. For the last four it's 25,000+. Our trophy cabinet is certainly not as full as Hibs, that's for sure! One Charity Shield in 1910 (when it meant we were Champions of England), one FA Cup final defeat in 1983, three third tier championships, two fourth tier titles, and that's it.

We regularly hit 30,000+ in the fourth and third divisions but our crowds were pretty inconsistent. Much like Edinburgh, there's plenty to do down here if the football's sh*te.

JXM73
17-05-2021, 08:19 PM
Please don't base your opinion on Brighton from that thread on North Stand Chat. It was 24 years ago that we nearly died. No home and 28 minutes away from dropping out the Football League. Most of our fans know which side our bread is buttered and if they say something stupid or incorrect about Hibs I'll put them in their place.

I have to disagree about the size of our respective clubs. I think we're closer in size than you think. Our average home crowd for the last ten seasons - apart from Covid - has been at least 20,000. For the last four it's 25,000+. Our trophy cabinet is certainly not as full as Hibs, that's for sure! One Charity Shield in 1910 (when it meant we were Champions of England), one FA Cup final defeat in 1983, three third tier championships, two fourth tier titles, and that's it.

We regularly hit 30,000+ in the fourth and third divisions but our crowds were pretty inconsistent. Much like Edinburgh, there's plenty to do down here if the football's sh*te.

Having lived in Brighton for 10 years, the ignorance and crap spouted on NSC is exactly what many brighton folk think.

I used to run supporters coaches to Brighton games and never once heard one say something good about Scots or our league.. brighton are a great club, their fans are a bunch of tossers.

tamig
17-05-2021, 08:35 PM
Having lived in Brighton for 10 years, the ignorance and crap spouted on NSC is exactly what many brighton folk think.

I used to run supporters coaches to Brighton games and never once heard one say something good about Scots or our league.. brighton are a great club, their fans are a bunch of tossers.

The ignorant comment about the pitch invasion was poor. That was how Traynor did his work though - and it obviously worked on outsiders.

Brighton Hibee
17-05-2021, 09:04 PM

A couple of years ago, when Graham Potter took over as manager, he was scoring for fun in the reserves. He netted twice on his debut against Spurs in late 2019 and since then hasn't pulled up any trees.

He's quite short and stocky and is rapid. Can shoot with either foot. He's only 21 and to say he's raw would be a bit of an understatement. Would love to see him wear the green. Could be a good move potentially.

17-05-2021, 09:05 PM

That lot can't even celebrate a title win without turning it into a fight amongst themselves.

Brighton Hibee
17-05-2021, 09:09 PM

Out of interest, where did you run coaches from? Worthing?

'the ignorance and crap spouted on NSC is exactly what many brighton folk think' - absolute codswallop mate. Total rubbish. I'm saying this as a lifelong Brightonian and Albion season ticket holder of 30 years.

We have a few dickheads, like every club.

Brighton Hibee
17-05-2021, 09:12 PM
The ignorant comment about the pitch invasion was poor. That was how Traynor did his work though - and it obviously worked on outsiders.

I heard a lot of crap from supporters of many different clubs after the 2016 final. I tried to explain the 114-year wait etc but so many people just focused on the trouble, without knowing anything else about Hibs.

tamig
17-05-2021, 11:01 PM
I heard a lot of crap from supporters of many different clubs after the 2016 final. I tried to explain the 114-year wait etc but so many people just focused on the trouble, without knowing anything else about Hibs.

The thing was it was all lies. Every Rangers player assaulted and spat on by Hibs fans. It was pure fabrication. There were a few bams ran up to the Rangers support, they came on and that was the extent of the trouble. Jim Traynor’s statements were comedy gold, but a few folk clearly fell for them.

NAE NOOKIE
17-05-2021, 11:23 PM

To be honest I've seen a lot worse on English club's forums when it comes to Scottish football, there are some reasonable comments so fair play, but some of the stuff about sectarianism is straight out of the book entitled 'things I don't know about Scottish football and specifically Hibernian football club'. Brighton fans are probably in a place just now where Bournemouth fans were when Emerson Hyndman was on loan to us from them, because they had reached the heady heights of the EPL all of a sudden some of them thought they were giants of the game and seemed to forget where they had been not that many years before ... a bit like the guy who referred to B&HA as our 'big brother' in this relationship :faf:

Nothing against Brighton mind, they try to play good football clearly have a progressive manager and it has to be said have built themselves a beautiful stadium. But before they start talking about any of their players on loan to Hibs making us title contenders they might want to examine the reasonably long list of fading EPL stars and EPL wannabes who have crashed and burned up here because they thought it was gonna be a cakewalk, it just isn't that easy. If there is one thing any player they send to us on loan will learn it's that to succeed in any league you need a good attitude and determination, if you don't have that you wont be making the Hibs first team, even if you are on 20K a week from your parent club and own a Porch ..... isn't that right Islam Feruz :greengrin

AliboyFC
18-05-2021, 06:37 AM

Aye and they are saying we have bigoted fans.

3pm
18-05-2021, 06:43 AM
Bit here from Dan Ashworth.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/dan-ashworth-brighton-england-world-cup-2018/

Hibbyradge
18-05-2021, 08:10 AM
Bit here from Dan Ashworth.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/dan-ashworth-brighton-england-world-cup-2018/

This bit jumped out at me;

"...we value the in-possession qualities of our defenders more than some other clubs might. So, whether we’re buying a player, training a youngster in the academy, finding a coach or loaning a player out, we think about getting the most from our defenders when they have the ball."

I think this is Hibs' philosophy too and it's why I believe Ryan Porteous will start on Saturday and not DM.

JXM73
18-05-2021, 08:22 AM
Out of interest, where did you run coaches from? Worthing?

'the ignorance and crap spouted on NSC is exactly what many brighton folk think' - absolute codswallop mate. Total rubbish. I'm saying this as a lifelong Brightonian and Albion season ticket holder of 30 years.

We have a few dickheads, like every club.

Try being scottish down there, you have no idea.

Aye coaches ran fae Worthing

Brighton Hibee
19-05-2021, 10:25 AM
Try being scottish down there, you have no idea.

Aye coaches ran fae Worthing

Fair enough mate.

But Worthing isn't Brighton. Full of Albion fans, yes, but a completely different place to Brighton.

I have an amazing hangover today!

JXM73
19-05-2021, 10:53 AM
Fair enough mate.

But Worthing isn't Brighton. Full of Albion fans, yes, but a completely different place to Brighton.

I have an amazing hangover today!

Glad to hear it lol

Bus ran fae worthing, i didnt live there...Hove actually