PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fans at the Scottish Cup Final

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Billy Whizz
08-05-2021, 04:57 PM
We can only dream

calumhibee1
08-05-2021, 04:57 PM
The club should be publicly putting pressure on for this.

neil7908
08-05-2021, 04:58 PM
An absolute joke if there are no fans

SteveHFC
Get it happen.

Scottie
Fans or no fans it just sounds sooooo good. Hibernian in another Scottish Cup Final. Well done boys :flag:

bringbackbenny
08-05-2021, 05:01 PM
Even if it's 500, 1000 or 2000, make it happen Hibs got to pile the pressure on.

Onion
08-05-2021, 05:01 PM
When was the last time Hibs went into a Scottish Cup Final as favourites ?

Not in my lifetime.

:thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
08-05-2021, 05:02 PM
Administrators of Hibs.net and hosts of Hibs related podcasts first in the queue for tickets.

Bostonhibby
08-05-2021, 05:02 PM

Not in my lifetime.

[emoji106]Clyde 1958?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Brummie_Hibs
08-05-2021, 05:03 PM
What time is KO?

SteveHFC
08-05-2021, 05:07 PM
Administrators of Hibs.net and hosts of Hibs related podcasts first in the queue for tickets.

AST holders first and only.

calumhibee1
08-05-2021, 05:10 PM
Would be worth Hibs and the winner of tomorrow’s game coming together to publicly put some serious pressure on/demand to get fans into the game.

Glory Lurker
08-05-2021, 05:12 PM
Folk who wurnae too scared to go to the first game in 12/13 right at the front of the queue. :-)

JohnMcM
08-05-2021, 05:14 PM

I’ll be your driver:greengrin

Bristolhibby
08-05-2021, 05:15 PM
I missed the final in 2016, will be doing the same in 2021.

#omen

J

Mon Dieu4
08-05-2021, 05:18 PM
One of you can have my ticket, I'm already booked into the pub

shamo9
08-05-2021, 05:19 PM
I don't think it will happen but Hibs and whoever wins tomorrow should come together and publicly lobby the SFA.

It's the showpiece event of Scottish football. Even a crowd of 4000 would make a huge difference to the spectacle.

hibee1875
08-05-2021, 05:20 PM
How will the FA cup Final have fans? Surely Eufa will be in charge of Wembley by then too?

Clarence
08-05-2021, 05:21 PM
Get it happen.

This must become our mantra

calumhibee1
08-05-2021, 05:23 PM
How will the FA cup Final have fans? Surely Eufa will be in charge of Wembley by then too?

It’s the weekend before ours.

Diclonius
08-05-2021, 05:24 PM
****ing do it. I don't care if the only option is Cowdenbeath's racetrack, we NEED fans there.

Nicho87
08-05-2021, 05:25 PM
Quite sad we can’t be there.

calumhibee1
08-05-2021, 05:25 PM
Quite sad we can’t be there.

Quite sad that some of us could be there but none of us will would be more accurate.

Nicho87
08-05-2021, 05:27 PM
Quite sad that some of us could be there but none of us will would be more accurate.

Agreed.

Hope we do it!!! Fans or no fans

Coach Jon
08-05-2021, 05:30 PM

Not in my lifetime.

:thumbsup:

What makes you think we would be favourites?

marinello59
08-05-2021, 05:32 PM

I’m guessing you are not a glass half full kind of guy Coach. :greengrin

Onion
08-05-2021, 05:33 PM

Media, bookies and neutrals will declare us so :cb

Ronniekirk
08-05-2021, 05:37 PM
When do Levels next get reviewed ? As at present Nicola won’t make an exception

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
08-05-2021, 05:38 PM

They are allowing some fans into the play offs

Andy74
08-05-2021, 05:40 PM

If we are going to have a mantra I hope it makes more sense than Get it Happen. 😉

GreenCastle
08-05-2021, 05:40 PM
Giant screen at Leith Links or Easter Road ?!

aljo7-0
08-05-2021, 05:44 PM

We should get chief inspector Cameron Meiklejohn on to the case, him being a Hibs fan and in a position of power 😁

Hibbyradge
08-05-2021, 05:50 PM

:tee hee:

gbhibby
08-05-2021, 06:43 PM

Need to get her husband to put some pressure on her, does he post on here? Alternatively get Ian Blackford to put pressure on her I believe he posts on here.

Robbo6-2
08-05-2021, 06:46 PM
Its ridiculous really there isnt fans at the final.

especially only couple weeks after there will be 25k at Hampden.

Pressure should be put on

Sir David Gray
08-05-2021, 07:22 PM

What about the English play offs? I think they're being played at Wembley with fans and they're after the Scottish Cup final.

calumhibee1
08-05-2021, 07:34 PM
What about the English play offs? I think they're being played at Wembley with fans and they're after the Scottish Cup final.

:agree:

Not having fans at a national cup final when it’s entirely possible if there’s a will to make it happen is a disgrace.

GreenCastle
08-05-2021, 07:49 PM
The Scottish FA are clueless and it's no wonders fans / sponsors don't have any confidence in them

Whoever signed off the UEFA take control of the stadium situation should be sacked.

Even if this is the legit reason then why not allow fans in small numbers to attend. Should be really easily to police and even 500-1000 each would add more atmosphere and the occasion better for everyone.

Families of the players should even be able to attend and even a ballot for some fans - who have to show a negative test could easily be done.

Lancs Harp
08-05-2021, 08:00 PM
I see the Club have launched a "couch cup final" t shirt for pre order already. Fair play.:greengrin

https://www.hiberniandirect.co.uk/cup-final-products/couch-t-shirt-emerald-snr

jakedance
09-05-2021, 08:02 AM
Both clubs should be lobbying to have fans at the game when it’s permitted in the governments restrictions. I’d have no chance of a ticket but even having a few thousand of us there would make it more special and legitimate for the rest of us.

ian cruise
09-05-2021, 08:06 AM
If we are going to have a mantra I hope it makes more sense than Get it Happen. 😉

Nonsense. I'm fully expecting Hibs to hammer St Johnstone 3 nil with a dominating display to put to bed that hoodoo before returning to the pitch to collect their trophy in "Hibernian Football Club Scottish Cup winners 2020/2021 - Get It Happen" tshirts.

Anything less and I'm starting a Ross Out poll.

Carheenlea
09-05-2021, 08:18 AM
Wouldn’t really be fair to let some fans in for a Cup Final when 10’s of thousands would be locked out.

marinello59
09-05-2021, 08:23 AM
Wouldn’t really be fair to let some fans in for a Cup Final when 10’s of thousands would be locked out.

I totally agree.
Unless I was one of the fans who got in.

GreenCastle
09-05-2021, 08:24 AM

You could say that about any high profile game over the years - fans miss out. Happens all the time with concerts etc.

Of course fans would be disappointed but if they allowed some Hibs fans / opposition fans in to support the team surely it will make it a more memorable occasion?!

Watching events (boxing last night / tennis / England football / darts) around the world have fans in them but tin pot Scottish FA can’t even try to get a small number in - shows their ambition.

Callum_62
09-05-2021, 08:35 AM
Wouldn’t really be fair to let some fans in for a Cup Final when 10’s of thousands would be locked out.Why?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Frazerbob
09-05-2021, 08:37 AM
Its ridiculous really there isnt fans at the final.

especially only couple weeks after there will be 25k at Hampden.

Pressure should be put on

Stanton Spence
09-05-2021, 08:43 AM
Wouldn’t really be fair to let some fans in for a Cup Final when 10’s of thousands would be locked out.Don't you think that's a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face?
Why shouldn't there be some random draw of season ticket holders for the few tickets available? I personally wouldn't expect to get one but I'd much rather have a few thousand hibbys there then none at all

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Stairway 2 7
09-05-2021, 08:53 AM
Don't you think that's a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face?
Why shouldn't there be some random draw of season ticket holders for the few tickets available? I personally wouldn't expect to get one but I'd much rather have a few thousand hibbys there then none at all

Yep this, would be delighted for the ones that got it and the players

Eric
09-05-2021, 08:56 AM

Levels were reviewed recently. All of Scotland is at present in Level 3 but goes to Level 2 on Monday 17th May. Although no specific reference is made to football games it becomes much less strict than now, leaving it very much in the hands of the Scottish Parliament. Anyone got the right contact?

CapitalGreen
09-05-2021, 09:00 AM

I’d be delighted that Hibs fans were able to attend even if I was to miss out on attending myself. I’d be very jealous of course but happy for those that got lucky, especially after the year we’ve all had.

hibbydog
09-05-2021, 09:16 AM
I see the Club have launched a "couch cup final" t shirt for pre order already. Fair play.:greengrin

Nice T Shirt.

But it doesn’t do it for me. If we win I’ll be unable to stop myself from buying every piece of merchandise they make, like in 2016.

If we get beat and Id bought that T shirt it would be going in the bin.

hibbysam
09-05-2021, 09:22 AM
Levels were reviewed recently. All of Scotland is at present in Level 3 but goes to Level 2 on Monday 17th May. Although no specific reference is made to football games it becomes much less strict than now, leaving it very much in the hands of the Scottish Parliament. Anyone got the right contact?

There is guidance around stadia in level 2. 500 permitted in seated stadia, 250 in standing. If you want up to 5000 local council needs to approve, above 5000 government.

Iggy Pope
09-05-2021, 10:26 AM

If the club managed a ballot for current season ticket holders that want to be in it then I don’t see a problem.
If it were to go along the usual Hibs Ticketmaster lottery shaped effort then it’s not going to be fair, well managed or pleasant.

All hypothetical of course.

B.H.F.C
09-05-2021, 10:30 AM
It’s never happening which is absolutely scandalous.

SFA would be making more of an effort if either of the uglies were in the final.

Frazerbob
09-05-2021, 10:34 AM
The SFA have absolutely no interest in trying to get supporters to see the game. It’s too much work and expense that they can clearly do without. Disgraceful from the custodians of our game.

Moulin Yarns
09-05-2021, 10:38 AM
There is guidance around stadia in level 2. 500 permitted in seated stadia, 250 in standing. If you want up to 5000 local council needs to approve, above 5000 government.

With that in mind do you think the clubs should try and get the game moved to a neutral ground, Livingston if it's St mirren or dunfermline if its St Johnstone? Sfa won't agree to it but if the clubs agree to pay the ground rent?

marinello59
09-05-2021, 10:44 AM
With that in mind do you think the clubs should try and get the game moved to a neutral ground, Livingston if it's St mirren or dunfermline if its St Johnstone? Sfa won't agree to it but if the clubs agree to pay the ground rent?

The only way the clubs will push for a ground move is if the fans get themselves organised and put real pressure on. There’s no sign of that happening.

Stanton Spence
09-05-2021, 10:49 AM
With that in mind do you think the clubs should try and get the game moved to a neutral ground, Livingston if it's St mirren or dunfermline if its St Johnstone? Sfa won't agree to it but if the clubs agree to pay the ground rent?I would hate for any cup final to played on anything but grass, something lacking at Livingston and I'm sure dunfermline have a synthetic pitch now as well. I would still be open to moving the game if it means getting fans in though

calumhibee1
09-05-2021, 10:58 AM
The only way the clubs will push for a ground move is if the fans get themselves organised and put real pressure on. There’s no sign of that happening.

Yup.

Hibs and whatever Saints make the final should be joining forces to demand the game is moved venue to allow fans in.

I’d be pretty disappointed in Hibs if they didn’t put a hell of a lot of public pressure on to get it moved. If they’ve been told that it quite simply won’t be happening then Hibs should be publicly condemning it.

Moulin Yarns
09-05-2021, 11:19 AM
I would hate for any cup final to played on anything but grass, something lacking at Livingston and I'm sure dunfermline have a synthetic pitch now as well. I would still be open to moving the game if it means getting fans in though

I chose these grounds for the location between the respective clubs. For convenience, like.

Baldy Foghorn
09-05-2021, 11:19 AM
The SFA have absolutely no interest in trying to get supporters to see the game. It’s too much work and expense that they can clearly do without. Disgraceful from the custodians of our game.

Spot on.

Billy Whizz
09-05-2021, 11:25 AM
Kieran Power, if you’re on here today, anything you can do at Hibs end please?

wearehibernian
09-05-2021, 11:31 AM
Been saying this about league games for ages and maybe sounds a bit crazy to some... https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/t53/1/16/1f605.png But even allocate a 'singing section' of say 300 to each side? Each 'group' could be safely bussed in and out and covid tested too. Adding at least some kind of atmosphere to the final. Of course this would mean vocal auditions for every lucky ticket holder. :singing::hilarious

Baldy Foghorn
09-05-2021, 11:33 AM
Kieran Power, if you’re on here today, anything you can do at Hibs end please?

Good point, he was there yesterday, any chance of getting supporters in?

Skol
09-05-2021, 11:34 AM
It seems astonishing that they couldnt find a way to accommodate the Season ticket holders from both finalists. Would be a nice gesture for those that have supported their teams

Baldy Foghorn
09-05-2021, 11:36 AM
It seems astonishing that they couldnt find a way to accommodate the Season ticket holders from both finalists. Would be a nice gesture for those that have supported their teams

At my reckoning if they let all ST holders in for both teams, Hampden would be at a third capacity. Surely do-able?

PatHead
09-05-2021, 11:36 AM
If there are supporters they are likely to be guests of the sponsors. They could easily get rid of 1000 or so tickets. Not saying it is right but wouldn't bet against it.

Billy Whizz
09-05-2021, 11:48 AM
Good point, he was there yesterday, any chance of getting supporters in?

How do you know this

Baldy Foghorn
09-05-2021, 11:50 AM
How do you know this

Doesn't matter how I know.

Pretty Boy
09-05-2021, 11:52 AM
There will be a lot of new or returning MSPs keen to keep constituents onside.

Maybe a coordinated campaign with supporters of the participating clubs contacting their local MSP asking them to put pressure on the govt would be worth a shot.

hibbysam
09-05-2021, 11:55 AM

Maybe a coordinated campaign with supporters of the participating clubs contacting their local MSP asking them to put pressure on the govt would be worth a shot.

Plenty of hibbys as well, East Lothian for example, Iain Gray passed on to Paul McLennan, both Hibs fans. It’s not even down to the government though, if the SFA don’t even ask then what do we expect the government to do? The SFA have basically taken a hardline and said ‘UEFA have the ground so no fans’ - without any context behind it and no answers as to why England can have fans after this date at the centre piece stadium of the championships.

Billy Whizz
09-05-2021, 11:56 AM
Doesn't matter how I know.

Grumpy reply
You there too😀

Baldy Foghorn
09-05-2021, 11:58 AM
Plenty of hibbys as well, East Lothian for example, Iain Gray passed on to Paul McLennan, both Hibs fans. It’s not even down to the government though, if the SFA don’t even ask then what do we expect the government to do? The SFA have basically taken a hardline and said ‘UEFA have the ground so no fans’ - without any context behind it and no answers as to why England can have fans after this date at the centre piece stadium of the championships.

Good point

marinello59
09-05-2021, 11:59 AM

The Scottish Government have just been handed a landslide endorsement of their safety first approach to COVID and fans in grounds. I can’t see any movement coming from there. There’s been no appetite prior to this to accommodate us.

GreenCastle
09-05-2021, 12:09 PM
The Scottish FA still hasn’t appointed a new womens national coach after 5 months!!! Mainly as they are clueless abs want to save ££.

I don't have much hope for them sorting fans for a game in 2 weeks.

It’s a combination of saving money, laziness, poor leadership, being conservative and lack of care for the customers just to name a few.

MWHIBBIES
09-05-2021, 12:17 PM
Don't give a **** as long as we win. Resigned to missing it anyway.

Jamesie
09-05-2021, 12:28 PM

I received an e-mail offering this literally minutes after the FT whistle yesterday. Possibly the slickest marketing I’ve ever seen from Hibs!

lord bunberry
09-05-2021, 12:41 PM
How do you know this
He’s on the board so I don’t see why he wouldn’t be there. He gives up his time for free and has been an excellent fans rep.

18Craig75
09-05-2021, 12:46 PM
Kieran Power is a director and so quite right he is in attendance at all games.

Would be good if he could mobilise or front up some sort of fan campaign to have fans there. No matter how few, or who they are...just be good to have some fans in attendance.

18Craig75
09-05-2021, 12:51 PM
Even if it’s 5000 each, the club could provide all details of who the lucky ones are.

The club could organise buses (fans would pay) and have seating plans, with all details of who sat where and for how long.

Fans from the same household could travel by car and notify the club.

Lateral flow tests could be taken 24 hours before the game, and 24 hours after.

There would be a detailed seating plan of whichever stadium the game was held in. Equal amount of fans from each side.

Ibrox would be the logical choice if Hampden is out of bounds. No idea why they don’t pitch it to UEFA as a trail run for entry and exit procedures etc.

B.H.F.C
09-05-2021, 12:53 PM
There’ll be some token efforts this week about getting some fans in. It’s too late though. I get the clubs couldn’t be talking about it publicly before they’d actually reached the final. SFA are an absolute disgrace for not pushing this.

neil7908
09-05-2021, 12:56 PM
There’ll be some token efforts this week about getting some fans in. It’s too late though. I get the clubs couldn’t be talking about it publicly before they’d actually reached the final. SFA are an absolute disgrace for not pushing this.

If either of the Ugly Sisters were in the final you could guarantee the SFA would be jumping into gear and if they didn't, the clubs and media would be screaming.

Alex Trager
09-05-2021, 01:00 PM

Have spurs also not offered to host it?

mcohibs
09-05-2021, 01:12 PM
Far too late to try and get fans in the ground with the game 13 days away. Should've been planned for months ago

Billy Whizz
09-05-2021, 01:13 PM
A friend who’s a Brighton season ticket holder, just texted me say 7,900 fans getting into their last home game v Man City
26% of capacity

B.H.F.C
09-05-2021, 01:20 PM
A friend who’s a Brighton season ticket holder, just texted me say 7,900 fans getting into their last home game v Man City
26% of capacity

It’s gonna be frustrating as hell watching fans down the road getting in to games over the next couple of weeks whilst we sit doing nothing, and showing no appetite to do anything, about getting fans in to the biggest game of the season in Scotland.

marinello59
09-05-2021, 01:29 PM
Kieran Power is a director and so quite right he is in attendance at all games.

Would be good if he could mobilise or front up some sort of fan campaign to have fans there. No matter how few, or who they are...just be good to have some fans in attendance.

Maybe you could email him and ask him to do just that.

Glory Lurker
09-05-2021, 01:43 PM
Far too late to try and get fans in the ground with the game 13 days away. Should've been planned for months ago

This is it, unfortunately. We should have fans there but it just can't happen now. :-(

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2021, 01:44 PM

:agree: that’s what they’re banking on. It’s strange cos early in the season the clubs were pushing for it but after they called it a political decision they’ve gone back in their box.

It’s starting to feel like they’re not that bothered about fans going to the games - maybe it’s more profitable or something?

matty_f
09-05-2021, 01:51 PM
He’s on the board so I don’t see why he wouldn’t be there. He gives up his time for free and has been an excellent fans rep.

Agreed. Every right to be there as a club employee.

Since90+2
09-05-2021, 02:04 PM
Kieran Power 100% deserves to be there. Few people have done more for the club the last couple of years for no financial gain than him.

southern hibby
09-05-2021, 02:08 PM
If the SFA don’t want to spend money, here’s an idea. We could get the two finalists to toss a coin winner plays the final at home and covers all cost with the fans money that brought in. Obviously the loser has to play away from home but they would be doing that at Hampden anyway.

GGTTH

Lendo
09-05-2021, 02:11 PM
Would the prospect of having fan in the ground put my pressure on our players? I would happily take the cup with no fans in the ground if it was keeping the players more focused on the game.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2021, 02:15 PM
Kieran Power 100% deserves to be there. Few people have done more for the club the last couple of years for no financial gain than him.

Absolutely- totally transformed the fans rep role. I’ve been in touch a couple of times and he’s an excellent communicator and as you say doing it all for free.

Keith_M
09-05-2021, 02:46 PM
All Hibs Season Ticket Holders that live within 500 yards of Hampden should be allowed to attend.

That way there will be no public transport issues

:greengrin

Moulin Yarns
09-05-2021, 03:01 PM
All Hibs Season Ticket Holders that live within 500 yards of Hampden should be allowed to attend.

I'll book the sofa for the Friday night 😉

I'll book the sofa for the Friday night 😉

Robbo6-2
09-05-2021, 03:14 PM
We need to do something, its outrageous we cant go to a football match.

Has anyone been to a family park or even Athur Seat recently. Rammed with people.

marinello59
09-05-2021, 03:16 PM
We need to do something, its outrageous we cant go to a football match.

Has anyone been to a family park or even Athur Seat recently. Rammed with people.

Start a poll on here to see what the strength of feeling is? If it’s high get the fans rep on the case. The pressure has to come from the fans initially.
Power to the people and all that. :greengrin

Clarence
09-05-2021, 03:21 PM

Just. Get. It. Happen.

wookie70
09-05-2021, 03:22 PM

She doesn't need to for 500 fans. It will be utterly disgraceful if at least 500 fans don't attend. I think many more should be going. There must be a couple of hundred trotting round Tesco as I speak. This is a one off, means so much to a large number of people and even many have been vaccinated. It really isn't much of a risk and we will have data from the concerts etc that happened in Liverpool. There is being safe and there is not weighing up risks appropriately. Both clubs should be joining to force the authorities into allowing as many fans as possible at the game.

SteveHFC
09-05-2021, 03:22 PM

AST Holders only :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
09-05-2021, 03:26 PM
Start a poll on here to see what the strength of feeling is? If it’s high get the fans rep on the case. The pressure has to come from the fans initially.
Power to the people and all that. :greengrin

Are you the ghost of John Lennon 😉

tam4hibs
09-05-2021, 03:27 PM
One of you can have my ticket, I'm already booked into the pub

What pub...?

Hibby70
09-05-2021, 03:29 PM
When you look at the amount of space people would have if there was say 10000 attending its criminal if there's no fans there.

andyf5
09-05-2021, 03:30 PM

Agreed. And he is the fans representative.😃

marinello59
09-05-2021, 03:32 PM
Are you the ghost of John Lennon ��

Imagine.

Moulin Yarns
09-05-2021, 03:50 PM
Imagine.

Get back!!!

Diclonius
09-05-2021, 03:52 PM
Guys.

Guys.

I know the perfect place to host it.

East End Park.

(tickets allocated based on proximity) :wink:

Lancs Harp
09-05-2021, 03:52 PM
How are we supposed to mount a pitch invasion if we arent allowd in? SFA just not thought this through.

Sir David Gray
09-05-2021, 03:57 PM
It's a thought process that I completely disagree with but I can't help but think that the post-match scenes from 2016 will make the SFA and the police very reluctant to do much to make fans attending the final a reality.

Mon Dieu4
09-05-2021, 04:07 PM
What pub...?

I will be watching the game in the Harp and Castle

MagicSwirlingShip
09-05-2021, 04:10 PM
Let those who have had two doses of the vaccine into the match. Surely can’t be that hard to organise.

Eyrie
09-05-2021, 04:11 PM
Let those who have had two doses of the vaccine into the match. Surely can’t be that hard to organise.

Two doses and a 20/21 season ticket :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
09-05-2021, 04:13 PM
It's a thought process that I completely disagree with but I can't help but think that the post-match scenes from 2016 will make the SFA and the police very reluctant to do much to make fans attending the final a reality.

If you were on the pitch that day, don’t go in the ballet😎

mcohibs
09-05-2021, 04:17 PM
If you were on the pitch that day, don’t go in the ballet��

Not fussed about the dancing, it's the football we want back into :greengrin

Lancs Harp
09-05-2021, 04:20 PM
Anyone got a spare ticket :greengrin

Killiehibbie
09-05-2021, 05:19 PM
Anyone got a spare ticket :greengrin

52000 spare and they can't even give them away.

number9dream
09-05-2021, 05:34 PM
Both clubs have got to turn the heat up on the SFA. The media would get on board surely and that might help.
The government will listen to proposals but a plan needs to be submitted now since the game is only a couple of weeks away.
Uefa are just sticking up some banners, so I'm not sure I buy the line about them "controlling the stadium".
If Murrayfield, Celtic & Rangers have said no, move on and find a decent neutral ground that can safely accommodate say 2,000 fans from each team. What a difference that would make.
The SFA should at the very least be seen to be trying to get something done.

B.H.F.C
09-05-2021, 05:47 PM
Both clubs have got to turn the heat up on the SFA. The media would get on board surely and that might help.
The government will listen to proposals but a plan needs to be submitted now since the game is only a couple of weeks away.
Uefa are just sticking up some banners, so I'm not sure I buy the line about them "controlling the stadium".
If Murrayfield, Celtic & Rangers have said no, move on and find a decent neutral ground that can safely accommodate say 2,000 fans from each team. What a difference that would make.
The SFA should at the very least be seen to be trying to get something done.

It’s not happening. There needed to be a push for it weeks ago. It couldn’t come from the clubs because they didn’t know who would be there. The football authorities have totally let the clubs and supporters down.

Carheenlea
09-05-2021, 07:49 PM
Had Rangers or Celtic been in the final - fans would be attendance. Absolutely 100%.

Is It On....
09-05-2021, 07:55 PM
Paul Hanlon & Darren McGregor are 2 very important Hibs fans that will be there 🙂

Baldy Foghorn
10-05-2021, 04:36 PM

That's as maybe, but thought the guidelines were that you had to be an integral part of the match going ahead, and places were limited as in SFA guidelines.

calumhibee1
10-05-2021, 04:41 PM
That's as maybe, but thought the guidelines were that you had to be an integral part of the match going ahead, and places were limited as in SFA guidelines.

Dont think anyone is doubting the great job KP has done, but it would be a difficult argument to put forward that he’s required to be there.

Likewise when you see managers of other teams like Jim Goodwin at our games. They can watch it on tv. They don’t need to be there.

Baldy Foghorn
10-05-2021, 04:42 PM

Dont think anyone is doubting the great job KP has done, but it would be a difficult argument to put forward that he’s required to be there.

Likewise when you see managers of other teams like Jim Goodwin at our games. They can watch it on tv. They don’t need to be there.

Sandy Clark there Saturday I'm guessing as his son was playing, but begs the question

calumhibee1
10-05-2021, 04:44 PM
Sandy Clark there Saturday I'm guessing as his son was playing, but begs the question

Yup. I’m presuming he’s there on the pretence of being ‘media’ or something along those lines.

There’s a ton of people seem to be at the games who simply don’t need to be there.

Andy74
10-05-2021, 04:52 PM

It’s not that you can only be there if it is vital for the game to go ahead.

There are an allocated number of places available for things like media and club officials, including directors.

calumhibee1
10-05-2021, 04:55 PM
It’s not that you can only be there if it is vital for the game to go ahead.

There are an allocated number of places available for things like media and club officials, including directors.

I presumed there’d need to be a reasonably good excuse for them to be there rather than just the fact they’re a club official.

SteveHFC
10-05-2021, 05:00 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/57062288

Fans back in stadiums in England from next week. While we won't be able to attend the final.

Andy74
10-05-2021, 05:03 PM
I presumed there’d need to be a reasonably good excuse for them to be there rather than just the fact they’re a club official.

No, there’s a detailed document with a surprising amount of people who are allowed in the stadium.

The directors and senior club directors executives is limited only by safe boardroom capacity.

Greencore
10-05-2021, 05:05 PM
Sheep looking for cash

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57062689

Onion
10-05-2021, 05:06 PM

Fans back in stadiums in England from next week. While we won't be able to attend the final.

But as they've reminded us time and again, they're simply "following the data", so Scotland must be in a worse position that Borishire. It's the only explanation.

Magpie
10-05-2021, 05:07 PM

Extremely disappointing we can’t have fans attend the game up here. Even if I couldn’t attend the game personally I would have liked to have seen people be able to attend the game and support the boys. I can only assume that they see it as too expensive to open the stadium for just a few thousand fans.

B.H.F.C
10-05-2021, 05:10 PM
Sheep looking for cash

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57062689

The most interesting part of that article is.

"The official handover of Hampden Park to Uefa venue management is scheduled for 14 May," a Uefa spokemsan told BBC Scotland.

"However, Uefa agreed that the Scottish Cup final can take place on 22 May 2021 at Hampden Park under the management of the Scottish FA."

.Sean.
10-05-2021, 05:12 PM
Really don’t understand why Hibs aren’t more vocal about this? Absolute farce. Numerous venues in the country that could host it. Look at down south, fans at cup finals, and even the snooker was opened up to full capacity in a cramped theatre last weekend. If it was either of the Old Firm in the final you can bet there would be a heap of pressure on the SFA

B.H.F.C
10-05-2021, 05:13 PM
Really don’t understand why Hibs aren’t more vocal about this? Absolute farce. Numerous venues in the country that could host it. Look at down south, fans at cup finals, and even the snooker was opened up to full capacity in a cramped theatre last weekend. If it was either of the Old Firm in the final you can bet there would be a heap of pressure on the SFA

The comments from UEFA in that BBC article demonstrate beyond doubt that the SFA simply don’t give a toss about getting anyone in, IMO. The clubs should be questioning this, publicly now.

Moulin Yarns
10-05-2021, 05:13 PM
The most interesting part of that article is.

"The official handover of Hampden Park to Uefa venue management is scheduled for 14 May," a Uefa spokemsan told BBC Scotland.

"However, Uefa agreed that the Scottish Cup final can take place on 22 May 2021 at Hampden Park under the management of the Scottish FA."

Get it done

Another three word slogan.

Onion
10-05-2021, 05:15 PM
Extremely disappointing we can’t have fans attend the game up here. Even if I couldn’t attend the game personally I would have liked to have seen people be able to attend the game and support the boys. I can only assume that they see it as too expensive to open the stadium for just a few thousand fans.

No point in doing it for 2 or 3000. Has to be at Celtic, Sevco, Murrayfield or Hampden.

Or the SFA get off there ***** and have a serious discussion with UEFA. UEFA's options for holding the European Champs have been squeezed with the withdrawal of some venues, so they may well be more open to allowing fans into the stadium for a one-of National Cup Final than they were previously.

Billy Whizz
10-05-2021, 05:17 PM
Sportsound discussing it now
Broadfoot saying if UEFA given dispensation to Wembley for Champions league final, then SFA could ask for the same for the Scottish Cup final
Definitely conversations behind the scenes happening

Since90+2
10-05-2021, 05:19 PM
What is Daryl Broadfoots role? Is he some sort of advisor to the SFA?

Stanton Spence
I feel like hibs should be more vocal than they have been or maybe they are behind the scenes? I can't help feel if we still had Leanne Dempster at the club she would be asking questions

Onion

Maybe Jack Ross and Hibs think we've got a better chance of winning the thing without fans ! Not done us much harm so far this season.

Or maybe the SFA are worried about Hibs fans invading the pitch again ?

B.H.F.C
Sportsound discussing it now
Broadfoot saying if UEFA given dispensation to Wembley for Champions league final, then SFA could ask for the same for the Scottish Cup final
Definitely conversations behind the scenes happening

Should have been happening weeks ago. Too short notice now and there’ll be some token efforts to make it look like they’ve done everything they could.

calumhibee1
I feel like hibs should be more vocal than they have been or maybe they are behind the scenes? I can't help feel if we still had Leanne Dempster at the club she would be asking questions

We should be publicly vocal.

.Sean.
10-05-2021, 05:20 PM
No point in doing it for 2 or 3000. Has to be at Celtic, Sevco, Murrayfield or Hampden.

Or the SFA get off there ***** and have a serious discussion with UEFA. UEFA's options for holding the European Champs have been squeezed with the withdrawal of some venues, so they may well be more open to allowing fans into the stadium for a one-of National Cup Final than they were previously.
There’s every point. Even if it was 2000 and I wasn’t lucky enough to attend I’m no grudging any fellow supporters the opportunity to do so after one of the crappest years many will have endured

Billy Whizz
10-05-2021, 05:20 PM
What is Daryl Broadfoots role? Is he some sort of advisor to the SFA?

Yes that’s what he does

Rumble de Thump
10-05-2021, 05:21 PM
Aberdeen offer to host final: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57062689

calumhibee1
10-05-2021, 05:21 PM
There’s every point. Even if it was 2000 and I wasn’t lucky enough to attend I’m no grudging any fellow supporters the opportunity to do so after one of the crappest years many will have endured

Yup. I don’t give a **** if it doesn’t make financial sense for it to happen. It’s a cup final. If fans can be allowed in then the SFA need to take the hit and allow it.

Onion
10-05-2021, 05:23 PM
Should have been happening weeks ago. Too short notice now and there’ll be some token efforts to make it look like they’ve done everything they could.

If the CL Final is moved to Wembley, with fans allowed to attend, it makes the SFA's position look stupid. They'd have no good reason for not asking the question, or for UEFA to refuse the request !

Stanton Spence
We should be publicly vocal.I agree but apart from mumping my gums on here I'm at a loss on how to get heard. Hopefully some fans will get some kind of campaign started which we can get behind. Even if it's just a few thousand fans

Squealing pig
Would there be a open top bud parade or does restrictions stop this

CentreLine
10-05-2021, 05:26 PM

Isn’t Aberdeen’s pitch almost as small as tynecastle? Not sure I’d fancy playing on a handkerchief against a stuffy team like St J. Major games should be on grass and on full sized pitches IMHO

ancient hibee
10-05-2021, 05:27 PM

Given the Moray situation don’t think it’ll happen in Aberdeen.

DIXIHIBS
10-05-2021, 05:27 PM
Hearts rangers and celtic all been approached but refused. Aberdeen have offered pittodrie.

calumhibee1
10-05-2021, 05:28 PM
I agree but apart from mumping my gums on here I'm at a loss on how to get heard. Hopefully some fans will get some kind of campaign started which we can get behind. Even if it's just a few thousand fans

Apologies, I meant the club, not the fans. :agree:

Hibs and St Johnstone should be teaming up and publicly demanding that fans be allowed in, whether that’s by moving the game or getting dispensation from UEFA.

calumhibee1
10-05-2021, 05:28 PM

No chance of that.

Onion
10-05-2021, 05:31 PM

Can't see the Gov/Council allowing a parade or open top bus as it would draw thousands into the streets, and make the debate about a few fans at a match look daft. Nope, Hibs FC and Hibs fans will be confined to 5 days of compulsory lockdown :cb

.Sean.
10-05-2021, 05:32 PM
Given the Moray situation don’t think it’ll happen in Aberdeen.
If nothing else it has raised the question

Stanton Spence
10-05-2021, 05:33 PM
Apologies, I meant the club, not the fans. :agree:

Hibs and St Johnstone should be teaming up and publicly demanding that fans be allowed in, whether that’s by moving the game or getting dispensation from UEFA.Aw I see [emoji1303]

Magpie
10-05-2021, 05:33 PM
If we win and are unable to put on a parade then it would be good if we could have an event at ER at some point in the summer to celebrate.

Tommy75
10-05-2021, 05:34 PM
Hearts rangers and celtic all been approached but refused. Aberdeen have offered pittodrie.

Glad Hearts refused Tynecastle tbh. The size of the pitch is barely suitable for an Under 14 game never mind a national cup final. The Hibs and St Johnstone players deserve better, imagine getting to the Scottish Cup final and being told you are playing it at that tin can stadium.

Squealing pig
10-05-2021, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the replies just wondered as the sticky buns had quite a number of people celebrating so wasn’t sure on the rules

Billy Whizz
10-05-2021, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the replies just wondered as the sticky buns had quite a number of people celebrating so wasn’t sure on the rules

Illegally

bigwheel
10-05-2021, 05:47 PM
It’s really poor that the SFA and clubs aren’t going all out to maximise the number of fans at the game .. st Johnstone wouldn’t take more than 10000 fans even if it was allowed..

No reason why 20000 fans couldn’t be in one the big stadiums in Scotland. It really is very disappointing they aren’t going all out to make this happen.

Anthony Soprano
10-05-2021, 05:47 PM
We win the cup am doing laps of princess street naked never mind an open top bus

Robbo6-2
10-05-2021, 05:53 PM
Our club should be pushing this hard, even a small amount of fans sorted by a ballot should be done.

Really pleased Aberdeen stepped up for the good of Scottish football.

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-05-2021, 05:55 PM
We win the cup am doing laps of princess street naked never mind an open top bus

Get this post pinned

Heisenberg
10-05-2021, 05:55 PM
Does anyone know why Sportsound are saying there’s now “some hope” of getting fans into Hampden for the game?

https://twitter.com/bbcsportsound/status/1391810404263813122?s=21

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-05-2021, 05:56 PM
We've no idea what work is being done in the background and the discussions taking place...

Billy Whizz
10-05-2021, 05:56 PM
Does anyone know why Sportsound are saying there’s now “some hope” of getting fans into Hampden for the game?

Read my post above

EI255
10-05-2021, 06:00 PM
I don't want the final at Pittodrie. Aberdeen in it for money only.

Rather play Hampden with no crowd.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Robbo6-2
10-05-2021, 06:00 PM
Interesting BBC Scotland News sport section running a story on it.

Saying they have approached UEFA who say they haven't said Fans cannot attend, its the SFA decision

CMurdoch
10-05-2021, 06:01 PM

UEFA have chucked the SFA under the bus.
Said they are happy to hand the stadium over to the SFA for the 22nd May.
Popcorn time!

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-05-2021, 06:01 PM

Same here

Robbo6-2
10-05-2021, 06:04 PM

That's not true, the Aberdeen chairman is abit of a fud but he has consistently campaigned for fans to get back into the ground.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-05-2021, 06:05 PM

Same.
National cup final in that dilapidated mess, no thanks.

hibby6270
10-05-2021, 06:05 PM
UEFA saying it’s not their decision.
SFA saying it’s UEFA’s decision.
Sheep saying they’re happy to make the decision for everyone!!
Do Hibs and St J have any say in this soap opera?

Just another cock up day in the life of the suits at Park Gardens!! (That’s a oldies reference)

bringbackbenny
10-05-2021, 06:11 PM
Same.

it is a dump but surely better if there are a few 000 or 000's of Hibbys at the game - got to be good for the players? unless a pumping is on the cards early doors then maybe not :greengrin

PatHead
10-05-2021, 06:13 PM
Bet St Johnstone wish it could be played at Easter Road. They haven't lost at our ground since 2012!

Col2
10-05-2021, 06:15 PM
This is ON.

SFA looking really stupid and being embarrassed on national radio.

UCL at Wembley is game changer as it’s end of May.

I now think we have a 70-80% chance of fans at Hampden - probably only 4-5k but that’s a game changer.

Both Hibs and St Johnstone said they would to stadium if fans allowed in it eg Pittodrie.

We should know more in next 48 hours I would expect.

Big question. Will it be those who renewed the earliest who gets preference for tickets 👀

hibbysam
10-05-2021, 06:15 PM
Same.

Aye but what about Pittodrie?

Since90+2
10-05-2021, 06:20 PM
I'm not sure about the game being at Pittodrie to be honest.

There would be what, 500 fans of each team there? I suppose it would be good for the fans who did make it but I just think it would lose some of its glamour being played there. Let's be honest, it's a ***** stadium and just wouldn't feel right IMO.

B.H.F.C
10-05-2021, 06:22 PM
This is ON.

I now think we have a 70-80% chance of fans at Hampden - probably only 4-5k but that’s a game changer.

Both Hibs and St Johnstone said they would to stadium if fans allowed in it eg Pittodrie.

Big question. Will it be those who renewed the earliest who gets preference for tickets 👀

I don’t think it changes much. The SFA will come up with something to stop it. Probably related to it being enough time. If it had been a few weeks earlier and there had been a bit of pressure starting to build, I might have thought differently.

Since90+2
10-05-2021, 06:22 PM
This is ON.

On your last point, no. The game is this season therefore it will be season ticket holders for this year in the draw.

Tommy75
10-05-2021, 06:25 PM
It’s really poor that the SFA and clubs aren’t going all out to maximise the number of fans at the game .. st Johnstone wouldn’t take more than 10000 fans even if it was allowed..

No reason why 20000 fans couldn’t be in one the big stadiums in Scotland. It really is very disappointing they aren’t going all out to make this happen.

I would like it if the SFA asked the question if there was scope for the game to be held in the north of England. No difference to driving a few hours north to Aberdeen than a few hours south to Newcastle/Sunderland etc.

WhileTheChief..
10-05-2021, 06:33 PM
Would rather an empty Hampden than playing in England, Dundee or Aberdeen.

They would suck for everyone bar the 500 or so. Hopefully a non starter.

hibeedonald
10-05-2021, 06:33 PM
On your last point, no. The game is this season therefore it will be season ticket holders for this year in the draw.

Pretty sure Hibs gave priority to renewals too for the last cup final

Centre Hawf
10-05-2021, 06:35 PM
Personally I don't think I'd like to see the final moved to Aberdeen. The stadium is a bit of a dump and while it would be nice for the 500 to 1000 fans we'd probably get in the ground to maybe see us win. I think the Scottish Cup final should be at a stadium with a bit more about it.

Everyone else has won their trophy and had their historic pictures taken at Hampden, I don't think I'd like to look back on ours and have it look a bit like a Challenge Cup final.

Since90+2
10-05-2021, 06:36 PM
Pretty sure Hibs gave priority to renewals too for the last cup final

Every season ticket holder for the current season had a guaranteed ticket for the final.

You can't give priority for next season renewals when this season isn't even finished.

Smartie
10-05-2021, 06:39 PM
Every season ticket holder for the current season had a guaranteed ticket for the final.

You can't give priority for next season renewals when this season isn't even finished.

Pretty sure we gave priority for “next season” season tickets when we reached those 2 under Pat Fenlon.

Since90+2
10-05-2021, 06:40 PM
Pretty sure we gave priority for “next season” season tickets when we reached those 2 under Pat Fenlon.

I believe it was 1 ticket for the current season + 1 of you renewed, but every single season ticket holder was already guaranteed a ticket so they could offer that incentive.

That's not the case here, you can't give priority to people who have renewed for next season when this current season hasn't even finished and we have hardly any tickets.

Centre Hawf
10-05-2021, 06:41 PM

Anyone who had a season ticket for that season or had bought a ticket for the next season were lumped into the same category of people who could buy tickets first before general sale.

AliboyFC
10-05-2021, 06:50 PM

There would be what, 500 fans of each team there? I suppose it would be good for the fans who did make it but I just think it would lose some of its glamour being played there. Let's be honest, it's a ***** stadium and just wouldn't feel right IMO.

I like pittodrie.

marinello59
10-05-2021, 06:54 PM
UEFA saying this is down to the SFA changes things massively. I still can’t see fans being there but there is some real hope now.

marinello59
10-05-2021, 06:57 PM
I like pittodrie.

It’s easily my least favourite ground.

B.H.F.C
10-05-2021, 06:58 PM
UEFA saying this is down to the SFA changes things massively. I still can’t see fans being there but there is some real hope now.

I have thought all along that the SFA were suspiciously quiet.

For all the talk of it being down to UEFA I think that was based on a report, maybe in The Sun. Unless I’ve missed it, I don’t think the SFA have ever actually said anything publicly.

Col2
10-05-2021, 07:00 PM

Was joking a little or maybe not🙃

Col2
10-05-2021, 07:02 PM
Personally I don't think I'd like to see the final moved to Aberdeen. The stadium is a bit of a dump and while it would be nice for the 500 to 1000 fans we'd probably get in the ground to maybe see us win. I think the Scottish Cup final should be at a stadium with a bit more about it.

Everyone else has won their trophy and had their historic pictures taken at Hampden, I don't think I'd like to look back on ours and have it look a bit like a Challenge Cup final.

It won’t be moved for 1000 fans. I think if it’s say 5000 fans who get to see football again and a cup final many would be in favour.

The Tubs
In terms of the pitch and the wind, Pittodrie would surely be an advantage for St. Johnstone. Despite them having width too, wouldn't it suit their football more?

Danderhall Hibs
I have thought all along that the SFA were suspiciously quiet.

For all the talk of it being down to UEFA I think that was based on a report, maybe in The Sun. Unless I’ve missed it, I don’t think the SFA have ever actually said anything publicly.

Broadfoot has been saying that it’s not in the control of the SFA for weeks due to the Euros. He’s been on Monday night sportsound a few times saying this when Tom English has been challenging the lack of action.

B.H.F.C
10-05-2021, 07:05 PM
Broadfoot has been saying that it’s not in the control of the SFA for weeks due to the Euros. He’s been on Monday night sportsound a few times saying this when Tom English has been challenging the lack of action.

He’s nothing to do with the SFA these days, is he?

Sir David Gray
10-05-2021, 07:11 PM

Yep. :agree:

Billy Whizz
10-05-2021, 07:11 PM

He’s an adviser to the SFA

AliboyFC
10-05-2021, 07:13 PM
It’s easily my least favourite ground.

I know it's old and crumbling but I do like the big stand they have there.

B.H.F.C
10-05-2021, 07:15 PM
He’s an adviser to the SFA

So the SFA have someone with a media presence, who advises them on whatever, pushing something out that doesn’t actually appear to be true. Very convenient that.

I don’t think they’ve had any interest in doing anything (particularly with the big two out) and were hoping it would just pass by without any real challenge.

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2021, 07:15 PM

Spokesman/PR man/take the flak for us guy.

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2021, 07:17 PM
So the SFA have someone with a media presence, who advises them on whatever, pushing something out that doesn’t actually appear to be true. Very convenient that.

I don’t think they’ve had any interest in doing anything (particularly with the big two out) and were hoping it would just pass by without any real challenge.

:agree: he’s normally on to defend the referees or confirm the process and explain why you can’t make any changes in Scottish football due to the “members organisation”.

CL0762
10-05-2021, 07:28 PM
Pittodrie should be an absolute no go.

Playing the national cup final at that hole of a stadium? No thanks.

10-05-2021, 07:31 PM

Pittodrie should be an absolute no go.

Playing the national cup final at that hole of a stadium? No thanks.

Presumably you won't be putting your name forward for a ballot then if it's at Pittodrie? 😀

northstandhibby
10-05-2021, 07:42 PM
I'm certain most of the players would prefer Hampden with no fans than Pittodrie with a very small amount of fans. Has to be a non starter shirley to goodness.

Sir David Gray
10-05-2021, 07:42 PM

Assuming we're in level 2 8 people from 8 households can meet outdoors and with outdoor events (which a parade would probably be classed as) a maximum of 500 people can attend although this could be increased by the government.

Diclonius
10-05-2021, 07:43 PM
I'd take 50 fans at Central Park in Cowdenbeath than Hampden with none.

hibbysam
10-05-2021, 07:44 PM
:agree: he’s normally on to defend the referees or confirm the process and explain why you can’t make any changes in Scottish football due to the “members organisation”.

Yuup, members organisation, until the members want something different and then the beaks put their foot down.

danhibees1875
10-05-2021, 07:47 PM
Presumably you won't be putting your name forward for a ballot then if it's at Pittodrie? 😀

I wouldn't. :dunno:

Sounds pretty rubbish and would make the TV spectacle worse too.

Billy Whizz
10-05-2021, 07:48 PM
Assuming we're in level 2 8 people from 8 households can meet outdoors and with outdoor events (which a parade would probably be classed as) a maximum of 500 people can attend although this could be increased by the government.

They should use it as a test event for the Euros, 10,000 in total

James Stephen
10-05-2021, 07:50 PM
I wouldn't. :dunno:

Sounds pretty rubbish and would make the TV spectacle worse too.

Totally agree. That would be awful, likewise Tynie.

Pretty Boy
10-05-2021, 07:56 PM

Snap.

Even if I wasn't one of the 50, 500 or 5000 I'd still be delighted for those who did make it.

I'm usually quite big on the way Scottish football presents itself and would like to see us do more to make the 'product' look good on TV. In this instance though playing the game with some fans present in whatever venue is more important than the spectacle of playing it at Hampden.

10-05-2021, 07:58 PM
Away season ticket holders should get priority over season ticket holder part timers tbh

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-05-2021, 08:00 PM
The SCF is the pinnacle. It needs to be played on our best pitches.

The only stadiums I'd be comfortable with it being moved to facilitate fans is celtic Park, ibrox, murrayfield or easter road.

I don't want it played on a tattie field or narrow pitch

Greenbeard
10-05-2021, 08:22 PM
No way. We want the big pitch at Hampden fans or no fans.

BoomtownHibees
10-05-2021, 08:28 PM
No way. We want the big pitch at Hampden fans or no fans.

The big pitch at Hampden is the same size as the one we haven’t done too well on this season

10-05-2021, 08:31 PM
We could do with Kieran letting us know if there are any discussions going on. Doesn't need to give us any details, just knowing the club are trying to sort something out would be enough for now.

Glory Lurker
10-05-2021, 08:33 PM
Hampden, fans or not.

04Sauzee
10-05-2021, 08:49 PM
🏟 Hibs fans could yet be at the Scottish Cup final with the Scottish FA and UEFA set to hold talks over allowing supporters inside Hampden on May 22 - and there’s another option on the table if negotiations don’t work out

https://t.co/Y67lK5Frge

Power
10-05-2021, 08:52 PM
We could do with Kieran letting us know if there are any discussions going on. Doesn't need to give us any details, just knowing the club are trying to sort something out would be enough for now.

Fair shout.

Discussions still ongoing with SFA - club is aware of all of our views and strongly pushing the issue for fans (echoes a lot of what Jack Ross said to the press on Friday) - https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-jack-ross-makes-scottish-cup-final-fans-plea-we-seem-to-have-taken-our-foot-off-the-accelerator-3227432

Very clear that everyone is wanting more to be done - all options should be explored (with creative and flexible thinking) to ensure supporters are admitted on May 22nd.

I’ll communicate more at the right moment/once I’m more informed.

Moulin Yarns
10-05-2021, 08:56 PM
UEFA saying it’s not their decision.
SFA saying it’s UEFA’s decision.
Sheep saying they’re happy to make the decision for everyone!!
Do Hibs and St J have any say in this soap opera?

Just another cock up day in the life of the suits at Park Gardens!! (That’s a oldies reference)

Park Gardens!! I worked just above them in park terrace. 😁

JXM73
10-05-2021, 09:01 PM
🏟 Hibs fans could yet be at the Scottish Cup final with the Scottish FA and UEFA set to hold talks over allowing supporters inside Hampden on May 22 - and there’s another option on the table if negotiations don’t work out

https://t.co/Y67lK5Frge

Story loses all credibility quoting a hibs.net poll....

.Sean.
10-05-2021, 09:05 PM
Hopefully find out in the next day or two then 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Stairway 2 7
10-05-2021, 09:07 PM
Pretty confident there will be fans at hampden. Confident it will be a piddling amount. Confident there will be a 30 page thread on how it should be decided, why I'm the best fan, why can corporates pay there way, why is David tanner getting a ticket before me ect

B.H.F.C
10-05-2021, 09:08 PM
I’m more confident than I was a few hours ago that something might happen. Would still be surprised, but it feels like there might be a chance.

Why it isn’t already planned, and being used as a test event for the Euros, is absolutely bonkers.

10-05-2021, 09:09 PM
Fair shout.

Discussions still ongoing with SFA - club is aware of all of our views and strongly pushing the issue for fans (echoes a lot of what Jack Ross said to the press on Friday) - https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-jack-ross-makes-scottish-cup-final-fans-plea-we-seem-to-have-taken-our-foot-off-the-accelerator-3227432

Very clear that everyone is wanting more to be done - all options should be explored (with creative and flexible thinking) to ensure supporters are admitted on May 22nd.

Thanks Kieran, really appreciate that. Good to know the club are doing everything they can. Fingers crossed we get a good outcome.

Mon Dieu4
10-05-2021, 09:13 PM
I'm guessing like me everyone goes to the game with at least one other person or a group of people, there is no chance of my group of pals all getting to go to the game if fans are allowed, that holds zero interest to me as even if we won it just wouldn't be the same

More than happy to just watch this one in the pub since we are all going to be there, I do however hope some fans that are cool with it all get the chance to go

Onion

The only stadiums I'd be comfortable with it being moved to facilitate fans is celtic Park, ibrox, murrayfield or easter road.

100%. Those calling for it to be played anywhere as long as 50+ people can attend are mad. Who'd notice ? You need a material number of fans at the match to make it worthwhile. Playing it at Pittodrie in front of 2000 fans is madness. It's a nothing stadium. Would sooner have zero fans at Hampden.

Don't need or want token gestures, throwing the sense of occasion out in the process. We need a serious attempt at improving the atmosphere and giving those that attend an event to remember.

Smartie

I’d like that.

Get the corporate f*****s who will no doubt still manage to blag tickets in their droves tae f*** and just have a few people there who actually care, undiluted.

hibbysam
10-05-2021, 09:16 PM
I'm guessing like me everyone goes to the game with at least one other person or a group of people, there is no chance of my group of pals all getting to go to the game if fans are allowed, that holds zero interest to me as even if we won it just wouldn't be the same

More than happy to just watch this one in the pub since we are all going to be there, I do however hope some fans that are cool with it all get the chance to go

8 from 8 can sit outside from Monday I think. Would like to think it would be along the same lines as everything else and not different rules for stadia than sitting in the pub.

Smartie
10-05-2021, 09:16 PM

Does Cappielow not have a reputation for having a well-maintained, wide pitch?

Tbh if I’m not going to be there I couldn’t care less where it was. Canned crowd noise, players screeching etc.

If there’s any way possible fans can be there though, I’d want as many of my fellow hibbies to get in as possible.

Heckys Wheel
10-05-2021, 09:17 PM
I’d like that.

Get the corporate f*****s who will no doubt manage to blah tickets in their droves tae f*** and just have a few people there who actually care, undiluted.

Who are the corporate f*****s people talk about? Is it even a thing?

Is it the sponsors? Always wondered who “corporate” are.

Andy74
10-05-2021, 09:19 PM

Agree, just said similar on the other thread. Would love to get back to football but for a cup final what you say about the group is spot on.

Onion
10-05-2021, 09:19 PM
I’m more confident than I was a few hours ago that something might happen. Would still be surprised, but it feels like there might be a chance.

Why it isn’t already planned, and being used as a test event for the Euros, is absolutely bonkers.

And that's the out for UEFA. They can present it as a test event without losing face or creating a problem for other venues, while satisfying the need to be seen to supporting football at National level. UEFA have have had a near miss with he ESL, so now would be a good time to be flexible. I'm hopeful they'll agree to fans being admitted to Hampden.

Callum_62
10-05-2021, 09:23 PM
I think they should play it on the 23rd instead

An extra day to prepare and coincidentally a day im not on a boat all day fishing for salmon

Sammy7nil
10-05-2021, 09:27 PM

It is a nope for me, much prefer it to be at Hampden with no fans. Even 500 fans would have little impact for me. Players may not be keen to say for fear of upsetting fans but am sure they would prefer the chance of lifting the cup at Hampden rather than Pittodrie.

Sammy7nil
10-05-2021, 09:30 PM

People who pay £300 plus for tickets with a bit average food chucked in 🥸

Smartie
10-05-2021, 09:30 PM

Any time there’s a big game where tickets are in demand, a sizeable chunk are skimmed off and passed to all sorts.

You can win tickets to England v Scotland in Just Eat, but there will be very few tickets available for people who actually follow the national team home and away.

And if you’re a hun whose mum stays next door to someone who works for BT, you’ll probably find yourself getting a ticket for this cup final before a Hibs season ticket holder.

Mikey
10-05-2021, 09:31 PM
Fair shout.

If it comes to pass it would be good to know how many tickets are available in the ballot once players, staff, sponsors and Edinburgh Club members (if that's what it's still called) are taken care of.

Bostonhibby
10-05-2021, 09:35 PM
People who pay £300 plus for tickets with a bit average food chucked in 🥸There's some genuine Hibs fans who have to do that as their only way to get tickets and be with their mates as they're not season ticket holders.

In the great who gets a ticket debates that arise from time to time I've always felt season ticket holders should get priority and because it's been touch and go for getting a ticket have bitten the bullet and gone with hospitality as a private individual, many good Hibbies do.

The food I can take or leave[emoji6]

BoomtownHibees
10-05-2021, 09:37 PM

An extra day to prepare and coincidentally a day im not on a boat all day fishing for salmon

You’re going to miss Hibs in a Scottish cup final to go fishing 😳

Eyrie
10-05-2021, 09:40 PM

Your profile says you're in New Zealand? Surely the time difference means kick off will be at 2am your time? :confused:

Bostonhibby
10-05-2021, 09:41 PM
Any time there’s a big game where tickets are in demand, a sizeable chunk are skimmed off and passed to all sorts.

You can win tickets to England v Scotland in Just Eat, but there will be very few tickets available for people who actually follow the national team home and away.

And if you’re a hun whose mum stays next door to someone who works for BT, you’ll probably find yourself getting a ticket for this cup final before a Hibs season ticket holder.Definitely right about the Huns, we had a bit of a disagreement at the 2016 final with a right obnoxious guy who was ejected by a steward after the first goal.

He was sitting on the very end of the press bit right in front of us and kept hurling abuse at the guy behind, the steward said he was a guest of one of the BBC's party.

Guy was arguing with the police on the way out as well.

Andy74
10-05-2021, 09:42 PM

And if you’re a hun whose mum stays next door to someone who works for BT, you’ll probably find yourself getting a ticket for this cup final before a Hibs season ticket holder.

Think it is a pretty minimal issue in the Scottish game. It is a pretty small number of tickets that go to other clubs and sponsors for finals.

Sponsorship is an important part of funding and promoting the game though and fair enough for small numbers of tickets to be used in this way.

hibee-boys
10-05-2021, 09:49 PM
Hampden for me, fans or no fans.

Onion
10-05-2021, 09:51 PM
If it comes to pass it would be good to know how many tickets are available in the ballot once players, staff, sponsors and Edinburgh Club members (if that's what it's still called) are taken care of.

Not good to know, essential. This is the perfect time for Hibs and St Johnstone to show loyalty to the FANS and no one else.