PDA

View Full Version : Huge well done to Ross and the players

calumhibee1
08-05-2021, 04:52 PM
That was an absolutely superb performance. The kind of performance you expect from the OF at Hampden.

Absolutely dominant and levels above Dundee United. Just a shame it wasn’t more.

Vault Boy
08-05-2021, 04:54 PM
Big game.

Wilson
08-05-2021, 04:55 PM
Agree entirely. Well done all.

Ray Donovan
08-05-2021, 04:55 PM
Brilliant!!

1 game away from 2 Scottish cup wins in 5 years!

Praying we can do it 🤞

Billy Whizz
08-05-2021, 04:56 PM
Congratulations Hibs

madhatter
08-05-2021, 04:57 PM
Solid performance, bit lucky with the 2nd goal but deserved the win regardless. Well done to Jack Ross, the players and coaching staff.

It isn't over yet though. Media can't wait to see Hibs trip up again, throw it in their faces and get 3rd and the cup!

worcesterhibby
08-05-2021, 04:57 PM
Jack and the team deserve a lot of credit. It feels like we are progressing and learning how to play as favourites. :flag:

Pretty Boy
08-05-2021, 04:58 PM
Team selection was spot on. Attitude was spot on. Work rate was spot on.

Controlled the ball, managed the tempo and took our chances.Special praise for Halberg from me. A really solid and steady performance coming into the middle of the park and I'd be delighted to see him get a run of games.

It's the most convincing I can remember us in a semi final. I was always confident we were winning it.

Finally a massive well done to Jack Ross. I've praised him when I feel it is due and criticised him in the same way. Today he deserves all the praise in the world. He got it spot on.

weecounty hibby
08-05-2021, 04:58 PM
So so pleased with that. Played very well and deserved that

Pilrig_Sauzee
08-05-2021, 04:59 PM
Well done Jack “Big Game” Ross.

Glory Lurker
08-05-2021, 05:00 PM
Absolutely brilliant. Went in as favourites and lived up to it nae bother.

We are winning this thing.

Allez Hibs
08-05-2021, 05:01 PM
Well done Hibs and Jack Ross 👍 👍 👍

Ya Beauty

Bostonhibby
08-05-2021, 05:01 PM
Great performance, well organised today. Top Mark's all round. Well done Jack Ross.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Cat Stanton
08-05-2021, 05:02 PM
That was definitely a big game, wasn't it? I'm not mistaken, am I?

Stick
08-05-2021, 05:03 PM
Very pleasing:flag:

Wilson
08-05-2021, 05:04 PM

Massive.

Magpie
Great performance, big one is in two weeks time. Let’s settle 3rd place between now and then.

calumhibee1

With what’s at stake it was one of the biggest games in decades.

FilipinoHibs
Fantastic boys. GGTTH.

The Captain....
08-05-2021, 05:05 PM
As comfortable as Ive ever seen a Hibs team in a semi final...played well in patches and never looked like losing the game. We got the tactics spot on. Congratulations to the coaching staff and players.

wookie70
08-05-2021, 05:05 PM
Good performance and a couple of very good goals. Quite a few players really showed up with Nisbet the best for me but also McGinn, Hallberg, Irvine and Macey all very strong. Hopefully there will be another couple of Big Game results go our way in the next few weeks. Could and should be the best season in most of our lifetimes.

davy67 +
08-05-2021, 05:07 PM
Excellent result :cup:

Gatecrasher
08-05-2021, 05:08 PM
Solid performance, it was all about getting to the final,now he has to finish the job. Get third and win the cup.

Saint Hibee
08-05-2021, 05:10 PM
As much as I love Ryan, he could very easily have been sent off today. Boyle, Irvine, and Nisbet the pick of the bunch for me. The second goal was a thing of beauty (albeit offside).

Northernhibee
08-05-2021, 05:19 PM

Hibs1969
08-05-2021, 05:21 PM
As much as I love Ryan, he could very easily have been sent off today. Boyle, Irvine, and Nisbet the pick of the bunch for me. The second goal was a thing of beauty (albeit offside).
Hallberg was excellent too for someone who hasn’t played a lot. He filled the Gogic role superbly and barely put a foot wrong all day.

bingo70
08-05-2021, 05:21 PM
Well done to Jack Ross, absolutely fantastic result and terrific to get through to the final. Really showing up idiots like me that criticised him earlier in the season (although I never called for him to be sacked!)

FWIW there’s a few big game shouts on this thread, clearly having a pop at people like me that have criticised him for that this season. I still think that was a valid criticism at the time but as he wins more of them, the less that’ll be thrown at him.

Well done to everyone involved, though, absolutely delighted.

SteveHFC
08-05-2021, 05:23 PM

Stolen.

Hibs90
08-05-2021, 05:23 PM
Well done to Jack Ross, absolutely fantastic result and terrific to get through to the final. Really showing up idiots like me that criticised him earlier in the season (although I never called for him to be sacked!)

FWIW there’s a few big game shouts on this thread, clearly having a pop at people like me that have criticised him for that this season. I still think that was a valid criticism at the time but as he wins more of them, the less that’ll be thrown at him.

Well done to everyone involved, though, absolutely delighted.

Yup completely agree. Well done to Jack Ross and the team, same again in the final please. :thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
08-05-2021, 05:24 PM
That was an absolutely superb performance. The kind of performance you expect from the OF at Hampden.

Absolutely dominant and levels above Dundee United. Just a shame it wasn’t more.

Well said. The manager took a lot of criticism for losing two semi-finals; defeat today would have provoked a strong backlash. There was pressure to win, and Ross and the team produced the goods.

Let's see if we can finish third and win the cup. What a season that would be!

rotherhamrob
08-05-2021, 05:25 PM
Bloody brilliant.
Anyone else enjoying the fact that each round has come round quickly?
Obviously the fact we're in the final might be clouding things but I think it's been more enjoyable as a result.
Roll on 2 weeks.

B.H.F.C
08-05-2021, 05:26 PM
Most comfortable semi final Hibs will ever have.

Get ****ing in! Got to win this now.

madhatter
08-05-2021, 05:27 PM
Hallberg was excellent too for someone who hasn’t played a lot. He filled the Gogic role superbly and barely put a foot wrong all day.

Agree - when he plays his best Hallberg is a very decent player. I thought he was one of our best players today, he has improved massively - he challenges for headers and gets around the pitch much better now. Very unfortunate not to have played more often this season based on that showing.

#2 Double Tap
08-05-2021, 05:28 PM
Team selection was spot on. Attitude was spot on. Work rate was spot on.

Controlled the ball, managed the tempo and took our chances.Special praise for Halberg from me. A really solid and steady performance coming into the middle of the park and I'd be delighted to see him get a run of games.

It's the most convincing I can remember us in a semi final. I was always confident we were winning it.

Finally a massive well done to Jack Ross. I've praised him when I feel it is due and criticised him in the same way. Today he deserves all the praise in the world. He got it spot on.

yep!

Northernhibee
08-05-2021, 05:34 PM
Stolen.

He's stolen my heart so that makes us eeksy peeksies.

GreenCastle
08-05-2021, 05:43 PM
Important game.

Well done everyone at the club.

Fingers crossed we produce another display that deserves the win in the final.

Time for Heros again!

Hibeesforever
08-05-2021, 05:53 PM
So pleased tonight, we were favourites and played with great confidence. We can win this cup now, no question....

Eyrie
08-05-2021, 06:23 PM
Good solid performance by everyone involved, players and coaches alike.

Same again in two weeks please.

Since452
08-05-2021, 06:28 PM
That's how you bounce back from a couple of semi final defeats. Character building. We now have a very dangerous mix of a talented team who know how to learn from mistakes. We could be on the brink of something special

h1bs4life
08-05-2021, 06:48 PM
Well done Jack Ross and the players , was critical after previous Hampden trips but he got it spot on today and the players didn't let anyone down.

jacomo
08-05-2021, 06:50 PM
Didn’t see a minute of the game today. Gutted about that.

But absolutely delighted with the result. Well done Jack and the team.

:flag:

BSEJVT
08-05-2021, 07:02 PM
Well done Jack Ross and the players

Under massive pressure after previous 2 semi final’s and performed brilliantly.

JJP
08-05-2021, 07:04 PM
Delighted with the manager and players. A big few weeks ahead with the chance to finish 3rd and win the Scottish Cup. Buzzing!

calumhibee1
08-05-2021, 07:50 PM
That's how you bounce back from a couple of semi final defeats. Character building. We now have a very dangerous mix of a talented team who know how to learn from mistakes. We could be on the brink of something special

:agree:

penihibs
08-05-2021, 08:00 PM
Could be an amazing season, good on Jack he's proved me wrong.
GGTTH💚

neil7908
08-05-2021, 08:03 PM
Here here. After we scored I've never been calmer watching Hibs. We absolutely bossed it.

Need to make sure it's another performance like that in the final.

Booked4Being-Ugly
08-05-2021, 08:05 PM
Some performance and result all round.

Manager and team deserve to achieve something this season, fingers crossed.

GGTTH

Unseen work
08-05-2021, 08:45 PM
Ross deserves an unbelievable amount of credit and I’m always stunned by the amount that don’t rate him that highly.

When he took over we were just above the relegation zone and looking to be a bit of a mess.

He very quickly came in, got rid of players not god enough and the majority of his signings have been of really good quality and contributed well.

He has got us to 2 semi finals, 1 final and on course for finishing 3rd for the first time in 16 years. Brilliant.

I know there’s the argument of “we should at least get to the semi final”. On paper yes, but very rarely to clubs consistently do that, we get called bottlers by teams that don’t get to that stage anywhere close to the amount we do.

We will finish 3rd and win the Scottish cup, I have complete faith in Ross and the team

WhileTheChief..
08-05-2021, 09:05 PM
We’ve been getting better and better as the season’s gone on and have never taken the foot off the gas. It’s all coming together at the perfect time.

I love listening to JR. He oozes confidence in a clam and measured way, talks a lot of sense and just gets it. He gets Hibs too.

The podcast on here recently gave a great insight into his way of thinking. Delighted to have him here and hope he stays a good few years.

Tambo
09-05-2021, 06:40 AM
A lot of credit to jack and the players. Knew how much was at stake and got the job done professionally.

Alex Trager
09-05-2021, 07:49 AM
Bloody brilliant.
Anyone else enjoying the fact that each round has come round quickly?
Obviously the fact we're in the final might be clouding things but I think it's been more enjoyable as a result.
Roll on 2 weeks.

I have but I have placed a lot of weight on the competition since we started so my nerves have struggled with it tbh.

Prior to KO I was just wanting it to be over and done with yesterday haha.

Maybe it’s made worse because we aren’t there, IDK. Right now I feel I wouldn’t be able to handle being in the ground haha

makaveli1875
09-05-2021, 08:07 AM
The players know they have Uniteds number . United know they cant beat us . Same problem we have with St Johnstone . Hope to **** St Mirren win today

Brightside
09-05-2021, 08:09 AM
If he doesn’t win the final he’s pish. 😂

Northernhibee
09-05-2021, 08:24 AM
I thought that the semi had the same feel in the media as the final in 2016. Lots of pundits desperate to write about how we had lost three semi finals in one season and laugh at our failure.

BILLYHIBS
12-05-2021, 08:52 PM
Well done to Jack Ross and the players

Now just one final push for glory

Time For Heroes Again

GRA
12-05-2021, 08:55 PM
I thought that the semi had the same feel in the media as the final in 2016. Lots of pundits desperate to write about how we had lost three semi finals in one season and laugh at our failure.

They are absolutely desperate for St Johnstone to win the final IMO. Be great to see it right up them. Certainly will if we win our 2nd cup in 5 years. Can't lazily use the 'bottlers' tag no more 🤣