PDA

View Full Version : 4 St Johnstone players to miss semi due to covid protocols

1van Sprou7e
06-05-2021, 12:20 PM
Don't know who the players are yet but potentially good news for us

Stuart93
06-05-2021, 12:21 PM

Aye. Hope all players make a recovery. Hopefully doesn’t effect any of our players who played on Saturday if anything’s been passed on

Moulin Yarns
06-05-2021, 12:21 PM
https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-1-2

Also a few posts on the Dundee Utd semi finals thread.

Sir David Gray
06-05-2021, 12:56 PM
Allegedly Elliot Parish, Liam Craig, Stevie May and Murray Davidson.

JimBHibees
06-05-2021, 01:11 PM
Aye. Hope all players make a recovery. Hopefully doesn’t effect any of our players who played on Saturday if anything’s been passed on

Eeeeek surely not :rolleyes:

hibbysam
06-05-2021, 01:17 PM

Being on the same pitch wouldn’t make them close contacts.

nonshinyfinish
06-05-2021, 01:19 PM

[insert joke about lack of marking and/or pressing]

danhibees1875
06-05-2021, 02:43 PM

In terms of having to isolate despite being negative.

I assume it's "I hope the 2 who were positive didn't pass the virus on to anyone". The chances are fairly remote anyway I think.

Wish the players a speedy recovery of course, but also hope it gives SM an advantage on Sunday.

Hibee Mac
06-05-2021, 02:57 PM
They've not said any timelines, is there any chance that any of our team could be considered a close contact? I bloody hope not

04Sauzee
06-05-2021, 03:00 PM
They've not said any timelines, is there any chance that any of our team could be considered a close contact? I bloody hope not

If the full St Johnstone team aren't needing to isolate then there will be no requirement for anyone from Hibs to isolate as contacts.

Since452
06-05-2021, 03:01 PM
They'll just be gutted it wasn't us they're playing in the semi. They could send their players on holiday and put out 11 wee girls in St Johnstone shirts and still beat us. I can see St Mirren beating them.

Pagan Hibernia
06-05-2021, 03:13 PM
Come on St Mirren!

lord bunberry
06-05-2021, 03:22 PM
When did we become **** scared of the mighty St Johnstone? They’ve had a few results against us, but we’ve got a significantly better team that them. Looking for positives from their players catching COVID is pathetic, we should be looking at ourselves and finding a way to break them down.

CapitalGreen
06-05-2021, 03:24 PM
Hoho bloody brilliant news, hope they get pumped out by St Mirren now.

Onion
06-05-2021, 03:27 PM
Still be 4 players better off than the team that so easily beat us at ER. The relevance come from the fact it's St Mirren they're playing and not us :aok:

Northernhibee
06-05-2021, 03:28 PM
When did we become **** scared of the mighty St Johnstone? They’ve had a few results against us, but we’ve got a significantly better team that them. Looking for positives from their players catching COVID is pathetic, we should be looking at ourselves and finding a way to break them down.

I’ll quite frankly take any small advantage that makes it easier for Hibs to win the cup. St Mirren are ranked below St Johnstone so I want them to go through on this instance.

06-05-2021, 03:31 PM

In the same vein as Matt Macey being our cup keeper we could let Eddie May take charge for the St Johnstone games. He's got a 100% record against them. 😀

hibbydog
06-05-2021, 03:46 PM
I’ll quite frankly take any small advantage that makes it easier for Hibs to win the cup. St Mirren are ranked below St Johnstone so I want them to go through on this instance.

I do too.

And I’ve just noticed I that I’ve stumbled into the annual ‘The Scottish Cup is opening up for Hibs’ routine.

It is though 😎

Lago
06-05-2021, 04:04 PM
Why we've to get passed Dun. Utd yet

EI255
06-05-2021, 04:30 PM
When did we become **** scared of the mighty St Johnstone? They’ve had a few results against us, but we’ve got a significantly better team that them. Looking for positives from their players catching COVID is pathetic, we should be looking at ourselves and finding a way to break them down.Exactly!!!

Just like Livingston, they will hit a **** steak soon. Absolutely certainty.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Since452
06-05-2021, 04:32 PM

St Johnstone have our number. We couldn't even beat their reserves at the weekend. They are the very definition of a bogey team and I'd want to avoid them if possible

Peevemor
06-05-2021, 04:33 PM
Still be 4 players better off than the team that so easily beat us at ER. The relevance come from the fact it's St Mirren they're playing and not us :aok:Did they beat us "so easily"? Maybe exaggerating a wee bit, no?

Jim44
06-05-2021, 04:59 PM
Exactly!!!

Just like Livingston, they will hit a **** steak soon. Absolutely certainty.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

....... would that be rump steak?:greengrin

OtleyHibs
06-05-2021, 06:01 PM
They've had a few results against us this season, sets the script up nicely for us to get the sweetest revenge in the final if we both get there 😁

Not scared to play any of the remaining sides, not counting any chickens either.

For me, too many people writing off St Mirren too. It's wide open,it's exciting and I'm buzzing for Saturday!

Stuart93
06-05-2021, 06:02 PM
Did they beat us "so easily"? Maybe exaggerating a wee bit, no?

I’d say so, we barely laid a glove on them after they scored.

They sat in and soaked everything up that we threw at them. They luckily (For them) didn’t have to work too hard for their goal but we were pretty easy to play against thereafter

scoopyboy
06-05-2021, 06:08 PM
St Johnstone have our number. We couldn't even beat their reserves at the weekend. They are the very definition of a bogey team and I'd want to avoid them if possible

Out of curiosity what players from Saturday would you class as reserves?

Since452
06-05-2021, 06:14 PM
Out of curiosity what players from Saturday would you class as reserves?

Maybe not reserves but they made seven changes from their usual line up

scoopyboy
06-05-2021, 06:21 PM
Maybe not reserves but they made seven changes from their usual line up

They use most of their players most weeks and do a fair bit of squad rotation.

I'm not saying it would be the line up they would start with in the Scottish Cup Final but there were no rookies in the team.

Peevemor
06-05-2021, 06:34 PM
I’d say so, we barely laid a glove on them after they scored.

They sat in and soaked everything up that we threw at them. They luckily (For them) didn’t have to work too hard for their goal but we were pretty easy to play against thereafterYet, fairly often when we win (something we've done more often than St Johnstone this season) it gets classed as unconvincing, the jury's still out, etc.

This football thing is obviously more difficult to understand than I thought.

ScottB
06-05-2021, 06:49 PM

Seeing as we’ve, ridiculously, failed to beat them at home in years now, I suppose we’re right to want to avoid them...

hibbysam
06-05-2021, 07:14 PM
Seeing as we’ve, ridiculously, failed to beat them at home in years now, I suppose we’re right to want to avoid them...

Is the cup final being played at Easter road?

loanheadhibby
06-05-2021, 07:32 PM
We have a significantly better team than them?
Are you joking?

Peevemor
06-05-2021, 07:36 PM
We have a significantly better team than them?
Are you joking?Yeah, they're only 15 points behind us right enough.

RoYO!
06-05-2021, 07:48 PM
Is the cup final being played at Easter road?

The last time we played them at hampden didnt go so well to be fair..

Someone posted our results vs st Mirren, utd, +1 and it was somwthing like, w8 d1 L0.

An entirely different picture to our record vs st Johnstone.

St Johnstone are arguably the best team left from an organisational pov. Similar to Mcinnes' teams. They cruised our last game. Ross didnt seem to have a plan B,C,D.

United and st Mirren would both try to match us and take us on in the game. This hasn't worked well for them.

So yes, hopefully st Mirren do them as, all going well, we would have a much better chance against them.

Northernhibee
06-05-2021, 08:32 PM
Yeah, they're only 15 points behind us right enough.

How's their head to head record with us?

They're a bit of a bogey team and we can say "We should cruise it if we play to our best", but what's stopped us at Easter Road since 2012 in doing that? What stopped us the last time at Hampden?

They'd be a very difficult team to beat in the final. I'd much rather face St Mirren.

hibbysam
06-05-2021, 08:37 PM

They're a bit of a bogey team and we can say "We should cruise it if we play to our best", but what's stopped us at Easter Road since 2012 in doing that? What stopped us the last time at Hampden?

They'd be a very difficult team to beat in the final. I'd much rather face St Mirren.

The fact we were rank for two years then weren’t in the league for 3 years is part of the problem id imagine.

calumhibee1
06-05-2021, 08:40 PM
The fact we were rank for two years then weren’t in the league for 3 years is part of the problem id imagine.

Still not a good enough excuse for not beating St Johnstone at home for nearly a decade

Allez Hibs
06-05-2021, 08:41 PM
https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/head_to_head.sd?team_id=1227&team2_id=2472

Shows recent head to head record.

Since 2017

Played 13
Won 3
Lost 5
Drawn 5

Peevemor
06-05-2021, 08:49 PM

I agree 100%. They are a bogey team for us, but the league table doesn't lie. We are a better team than them and, as we've already shown this season, we can beat them. The first goal would be vital but we're definitely capable of doing it.

In any case, neither they nor we are there yet. Here's hoping for a big performance on Saturday.

147lothian
06-05-2021, 08:50 PM
This is the team that couldn't buy a goal until they scored 3 against us in that hampden second half, but we should have been out of sight by half time, the game might have been different if we had given ourselves something to protect, they are far from the world beaters some seem to think.

LeithMike
06-05-2021, 10:25 PM
, but the league table doesn't lie. We are a better team than them.

The league table can often mask gain or loss of form. St Johnstone had a shocking start to the season so have done well to gain ground. Last 10 games shows them 1 point ahead of us and last 6 they have 11 points to our 7. Put that together with our head to head results and St Johnstone have a good argument that they are the better team.

Ultimately the teams are pretty evenly matched but Hibs are definitely a more expansive team. For Hibs to win it will be imperative to inject some pace into our play and move St. J about and our defence to have a bit more resolve and make St J. Work hard for any opportunities. First goal is going to be crucial.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Peevemor
06-05-2021, 10:39 PM
The league table can often mask gain or loss of form. St Johnstone had a shocking start to the season so have done well to gain ground. Last 10 games shows them 1 point ahead of us and last 6 they have 11 points to our 7. Put that together with our head to head results and St Johnstone have a good argument that they are the better team.

Ultimately the teams are pretty evenly matched but Hibs are definitely a more expansive team. For Hibs to win it will be imperative to inject some pace into our play and move St. J about and our defence to have a bit more resolve and make St J. Work hard for any opportunities. First goal is going to be crucial.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

But if we take only the weekends where we won and they lost, then we're infinitely better than them.

LaMotta
06-05-2021, 11:42 PM
This is the team that couldn't buy a goal until they scored 3 against us in that hampden second half, but we should have been out of sight by half time, the game might have been different if we had given ourselves something to protect, they are far from the world beaters some seem to think.

They might not be world beaters, but Hibs record of 3 wins in 13 against St Johnstone since our return to the Premiership, to their 4 wins in 13 tells us that neither are we.:greengrin

hibbysam
07-05-2021, 06:36 AM
Still not a good enough excuse for not beating St Johnstone at home for nearly a decade

That is true, and undeniable, however those two years prior to relegation and the three years we were down, it’s hardly a surprise. Would everyone be extremely confident if we drew Celtic at Hampden seeing as we haven’t lost at home to them in about the same time? Our record since coming back up vs St Johnstone is fairly 50/50 with plenty of draws I think.

B.H.F.C
07-05-2021, 06:47 AM
Hibs have got a few players who, individually, are better than anything St Johnstone have, hence why we’re getting 7 figure bids for some of them.

We’re reliant on a few players whereas they can make changes and things stay pretty much the same. When the two teams play each other at the moment, they definitely have the edge.

If you ever offered me a cup final against St Johnstone I’d bite your hand off, but I don’t think we’re significantly better than them at the moment.

Pagan Hibernia
07-05-2021, 08:12 AM
https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/head_to_head.sd?team_id=1227&team2_id=2472

Shows recent head to head record.

Since 2017

Played 13
Won 3
Lost 4
Drawn 6

I actually thought it was slightly worse than that, so I checked myself. And it is. Our record against them in all competitions since we came back up is won 3, drawn 5, lost 5.

That’s a bogey team if ever I saw one and people are actually asking why we would rather avoid them?

Allez Hibs
07-05-2021, 08:26 AM
I actually thought it was slightly worse than that, so I checked myself. And it is. Our record against them in all competitions since we came back up is won 3, drawn 5, lost 5.

That’s a bogey team if ever I saw one and people are actually asking why we would rather avoid them?

So it is, we have lost three in a row now to them.

lord bunberry
07-05-2021, 08:32 AM
We won’t be playing them at home.

davhibby
07-05-2021, 02:38 PM
Just signed Zlamal on an emergency loan. Must mean Parish is one of the players out and they don’t think Clark will make it

green day
07-05-2021, 02:46 PM
Just signed Zlamal on an emergency loan. Must mean Parish is one of the players out and they don’t think Clark will make it

Zlamal is cover for Parish. Clark is fine.

07-05-2021, 03:14 PM

They'll be hoping he does a Conrad.

Moulin Yarns
07-05-2021, 03:48 PM
They'll be hoping he does a Conrad.

I don't think he has the build to do a Conrad :greengrin

One Day
08-05-2021, 08:48 AM

I'll accept any advantage too.

dp00
08-05-2021, 07:29 PM
Would imagine this will just remind the Hibs players to be super careful over the next 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk