PDA

View Full Version : Announcement hibs.pod EP. 3: Jack Ross

Vault Boy
04-05-2021, 09:49 PM

hibs.pod EP. 3: Jack Ross

We're pleased to share a very special edition of hibs.pod, this time joined by Hibernian manager, Jack Ross. We enjoyed an open chat with the gaffer, covering a range of topics - with a few of your questions in there for good measure. Hopefully you enjoy the episode.

Due to a video file corruption, the YouTube version will be following up the rear this time around, apologies! :grr:

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/1Du6Aoh7svZM4mcInUvjCd?si=-OsgXbHTTD-USYEf9BP75A (https://open.spotify.com/episode/1Du6Aoh7svZM4mcInUvjCd?si=-OsgXbHTTD-USYEf9BP75A)

YouTube: https://youtu.be/1ViRRWpW2Zk

Vault Boy
04-05-2021, 11:46 PM
https://youtu.be/1ViRRWpW2Zk

For the night owls 🦉

matty_f
05-05-2021, 06:51 AM
Great listen, guys. Jack Ross was very good!

Bangkok Hibby
05-05-2021, 09:13 AM
Just had a listen, very good. Had a wee giggle at the Doig/Squirrel/Porto comments 😂😂😂
Oh and I've never called for you to be sacked Jack 👍🏻

Peevemor
05-05-2021, 09:14 AM
Just had a listen, very good. Had a wee giggle at the Doig/Squirrel/Porto comments 😂😂😂

Interesting that he mentioned that twice (at least), while accepting it goes with the job.

Vault Boy
05-05-2021, 09:20 AM

Brutally honest from Jack :greengrin

Cheers!

Bangkok Hibby
05-05-2021, 09:22 AM
Interesting that he mentioned that twice (at least), while accepting it goes with the job.

Yes, despite laughing it off, negativity from social media has to affect people in public life. It won't stop though and neither should it. Criticism and downright abuse 2 very different things though. Think he suggested players were getting the latter.

Northernhibee
05-05-2021, 10:13 AM
Very interesting character and the sort I want representing Hibs. Intelligent and lets logic and experience determine how we develop the club, not emotion.

Hibernian Verse
05-05-2021, 11:06 AM
Yes, despite laughing it off, negativity from social media has to affect people in public life. It won't stop though and neither should it. Criticism and downright abuse 2 very different things though. Think he suggested players were getting the latter.

The way some people act on twitter, facebook and even on here is outrageous. We are meant to be supporters, but a lot of people seem to have crossed the line that you mention.

CJHibby
05-05-2021, 11:13 AM
Had a listen, in between coursework and although enjoyable, why did the two guys not ask who is number one in semi final?

ancient hibee
05-05-2021, 11:25 AM
Presumably because he'd told them he wouldn't be giving any team selection details away to our opponents.

Carheenlea
05-05-2021, 11:25 AM
Enjoyed listening to Jack Ross and the whole podcast in general was a very good listen.

The three episodes so far with Darren McGregor, Jackson Irvine and Jack Ross really helps to build engagement between supporter and club, particularly when we have been supporting Hibs from distance.

Many thanks for putting together :top marks

Vault Boy
05-05-2021, 11:34 AM
Had a listen, in between coursework and although enjoyable, why did the two guys not ask who is number one in semi final?

Glad you enjoyed it.

Mainly because we didn't want to ask questions that would be/have been covered by the press. He's publicly said that Macey is keeping his place for the cup games so we took him at his word. :aok:

Vault Boy
05-05-2021, 11:36 AM
Enjoyed listening to Jack Ross and the whole podcast in general was a very good listen.

The three episodes so far with Darren McGregor, Jackson Irvine and Jack Ross really helps to build engagement between supporter and club, particularly when we have been supporting Hibs from distance.

Many thanks for putting together :top marks

Delighted to hear that Carheenlea, thank you. I'd be lying if I said that wasn't something we were conscious about, we've been lucky to have 3 very good speakers thus far too.

CJHibby
05-05-2021, 11:45 AM
Compliments to both of you too. You articulate your questions and general chitchat well.

Pretty Boy
05-05-2021, 12:18 PM

I think it's already been answered but we try to avoid asking questions that won't be answered or will be answered without really answering if that makes sense.

That's not to say 'who will be in goals for the semi final' is a bad question. The rest of the podcast makes it clear it's something we were interested in discussing as well. It's just one that the manager is unlikely to answer 10 days before the game though, it's also a question he is likely to be asked by the BBC, Sky, EEN etc in the coming week so if he is willing to give an answer we will all hear it anyway.

More generally we have been fortunate in that our formative episodes have had really good guests on, all of whom are employed by the club. All of them have been affable and generous with their time. More importantly though we have never at any point been told anything is off limits and they have all been quite willing to show a bit self deprecation or have a good natured pop at their team mates/players. I think that shows there is bit of trust that we won't cross any boundaries. I'd be wary of pressing a manager or coach on something like team selection just in case it had the potential to sour a good relationship.

CJHibby
05-05-2021, 12:30 PM
Fair enough. Just beggared the question as you discussed it after the JR interview and not during.

Hibbyradge
05-05-2021, 02:58 PM
I listened last night and I enjoyed it. I think both your questions were intelligent well thought out, well most of them! :greengrin

I hadn't heard the previous two, but last night's impressed me so I'll be making a point of listening every month as well as catching up with 1 & 2.

One thing I noticed was that on a few occasions, you asked the question, but before he could answer, you added a bit more information/explanation.

I was almost thinking "let him answer".

I'd have preferred it if the explanation etc was given in the preamble and the question ended with a verbal question mark, if you know what I mean.

Having said that, it's a very minor point and as I said, I was very impressed. You weren't fawning or scared and you weren't familiar or rude. I'm sure your style will have been good for the reputation of Hibs.net within the club.

Well done and thanks. 👍

Since90+2
05-05-2021, 04:12 PM
Good podcast and well done to PB and VB for putting it together.

Probably a long shot but have you tried to get Ron Gordon on? That would be an interesting listen.

Vault Boy
05-05-2021, 04:58 PM
I listened last night and I enjoyed it. I think both your questions were intelligent well thought out, well most of them! :greengrin

I hadn't heard the previous two, but last night's impressed me so I'll be making a point of listening every month as well as catching up with 1 & 2.

One thing I noticed was that on a few occasions, you asked the question, but before he could answer, you added a bit more information/explanation.

I was almost thinking "let him answer".

I'd have preferred it if the explanation etc was given in the preamble and the question ended with a verbal question mark, if you know what I mean.

Having said that, it's a very minor point and as I said, I was very impressed. You weren't fawning or scared and you weren't familiar or rude. I'm sure your style will have been good for the reputation of Hibs.net within the club.

Well done and thanks. 👍

Cheers HR, hope the other episodes serve you well.

Think that's a fair point, I won't speak for Stu, but it's probably a symptom of the conversational style of interview, a few syntax errors thrown in there. Something to work on for sure. :aok:

Vault Boy
05-05-2021, 05:02 PM
Good podcast and well done to PB and VB for putting it together.

Probably a long shot but have you tried to get Ron Gordon on? That would be an interesting listen.

Cheers for listening! Ron Gordon... Now there's an idea.

For the sake of transparency, our first episode was due to be with Leeann Dempster, but this was being arranged just before she rather unexpectedly stood down, so it never happened. Would have been interesting one, but I must say Daz was an excellent alternative.

DaveF
05-05-2021, 05:31 PM
Another top notch pod, so well done for putting it together. Those end of pod predictions might come back to bite after the weekend results 😄

Pretty Boy
05-05-2021, 06:08 PM
Another top notch pod, so well done for putting it together. Those end of pod predictions might come back to bite after the weekend results 😄

One person sneakily edited out their prediction for the St Johnstone game whilst leaving in the others bold predictions for how the season will play out.

It's not quite a resigning matter but......

WhileTheChief..
05-05-2021, 06:09 PM
Just finished listening, that was brilliant.

Love that you ask the questions then just shut up and let Jack speak! Sportsound pundits could learn something from you guys.

Will listen to the others now and look out for future episodes. Well done to all involved.

Vault Boy
05-05-2021, 06:50 PM
One person sneakily edited out their prediction for the St Johnstone game whilst leaving in the others bold predictions for how the season will play out.

It's not quite a resigning matter but......

... 😬

Good thing we're ditching quickfire five, I wouldn't fancy answering the question 'why are you such a prick?' in the next episode.

Hibbyradge
05-05-2021, 06:51 PM
... 😬

Good thing we're ditching quickfire five, I wouldn't fancy answering the question 'why are you such a prick?' in the next episode.

Answer it now...

Vault Boy
05-05-2021, 06:51 PM
Just finished listening, that was brilliant.

Love that you ask the questions then just shut up and let Jack speak! Sportsound pundits could learn something from you guys.

Will listen to the others now and look out for future episodes. We’ll done to all involved.

:thumbsup:

Vault Boy
05-05-2021, 06:54 PM
Answer it now...

It's a long and meandering story that begins at birth and ends with me asking the Hibs manager where he buys his clobber, despite only vaguely knowing what that word means.

Hibbyradge
05-05-2021, 06:57 PM
It's a long and meandering story that begins at birth and ends with me asking the Hibs manager where he buys his clobber, despite only vaguely knowing what that word means.

Sounds like a good subject matter for a new podcast.

:greengrin

MagicSwirlingShip
05-05-2021, 07:46 PM
Really good stuff, from both yourselves and Jack.

Potts next please, would be interested to hear from him in long format style, he sounds a good laugh.

Andy74
05-05-2021, 07:52 PM
Glad you enjoyed it.

Mainly because we didn't want to ask questions that would be/have been covered by the press. He's publicly said that Macey is keeping his place for the cup games so we took him at his word. :aok:

Not quite. He has said he had promised to give him opportunity to play in the cup games, not that he would play in all of them.

Agree that it wasn’t a question you’d have got an answer to though.

Vault Boy
05-05-2021, 08:02 PM
Not quite. He has said he had promised to give him opportunity to play in the cup games, not that he would play in all of them.

Agree that it wasn’t a question you’d have got an answer to though.

I took the 'will continue to do that' line to mean the rest of them, but it's a fair point that he didn't explicitly say it'd be all of them.

But yeah, no chance he'd have given us his future lineups and rightly so!

JimBHibees
05-05-2021, 09:25 PM
Excellent interview well done

thegaffer12
05-05-2021, 09:32 PM
Jack Ross is quite clearly a passionate manager. Shouting and screaming a lot isn't the be all and end all of football passion.

GreyJammies
05-05-2021, 09:36 PM
Good podcast chaps.

I do, too, feel a little pity for the Ingloid clubs having the soul ripped out of them. But not that much. :cb

After listening to that I am utterly convinced that we are going to win the cup. And that Hearts are just horrible little pigs.

Jack Ross, and players, remember that these internet forums are saturated with 'undercover' Hearts and Sevco agitators, masquerading as Hibs fans, trying to sow the seeds of discontent.

The real Hibs fans be sowing seeds of love - Go and win that cup for us. :flag:

Allez Hibs
06-05-2021, 10:19 AM
Thought it was a very good listen 👍

Vault Boy
06-05-2021, 11:39 AM
Thanks again folks, the feedback is very much appreciated.

Hibbyradge
06-05-2021, 07:26 PM
That's me caught up and I thoroughly enjoyed them all.

Darren's passion for the game, and for Hibs, is as clear as crystal and it's great that he's so deeply involved with the club even though he's not getting a regular game.

We'll done to both of you again.

marinello59
07-05-2021, 05:44 PM
A great interview with Jack Ross and Scottish football being talked up. Loved it. Was good to hear some of the posters from here getting name checked as well. :thumbsup:

matty_f
07-05-2021, 10:58 PM
A great interview with Jack Ross and Scottish football being talked up. Loved it. Was good to hear some of the posters from here getting name checked as well. :thumbsup:

It was really good, eh? :agree:

marinello59
13-05-2021, 04:50 AM
If you haven’t already heard this today might be a good day to catch up. :greengrin