PDA

View Full Version : Open goal

Squealing pig
03-05-2021, 05:22 PM
2hour interview with Jackson Irvine , usually funny but this definitely be worth a watch I think

Winston Ingram
03-05-2021, 06:45 PM
https://youtu.be/9VEkZmOezfY

03-05-2021, 06:57 PM
Thanks. Think I'll wait to see if folk say whether or not that Slaney guy makes it unwatchable as he usually does.

Winston Ingram
03-05-2021, 07:09 PM
Thanks. Think I'll wait to see if folk say whether or not that Slaney guy makes it unwatchable as he usually does.

Turns out JI is really good mates with Slaney

Robbo6-2
03-05-2021, 07:44 PM
Listened to the first 45mins and it's been really good so far

Unseen work
05-05-2021, 12:01 AM
Great interview with Jackson.

Top guy and top player, really hope we can get his contract extended.

Don’t think people appreciate how hard it must be signing for us in January after not playing for 9 months.

A full pre season and he’ll be brilliant.

BILLYHIBS
05-05-2021, 10:02 AM
Subtitles for Slaney by the way :greengrin

superfurryhibby
05-05-2021, 11:00 AM
Good interview, but the presenters habit of calling people by nicknames known only to supporters of the unwashed is a tad annoying.

Have to say, what passes for being a "character" and "some boy" etc, is all a bit tragic. I suppose it reminds me of what a insular and cosseted bubble pro footballers inhabit. IN no other walk of life would invading an occupied toilet and collecting someone's Tom Kite, then running around with it be considered normal or high jinks. The same with all the fighting pish. Coaches going toe to toe with young boys who have been a bit wide to them, awful stuff.

Irvine comes across as a decent guy, he says he becomes very attached to a football team he plays for and that made me think that his signing up with HIbs longer term is a possibility. Ferri also mentioned that he will be playing against guys he knows very well next season when Hearts are promoted (Boyce). Maybe just supposition on his part though.

loanheadhibby
05-05-2021, 10:33 PM
Great interview with Jackson.

Top guy and top player, really hope we can get his contract extended.

Don’t think people appreciate how hard it must be signing for us in January after not playing for 9 months.

A full pre season and he’ll be brilliant.
A top player and brilliant?
I really hope so but not convinced so far.

JimBHibees
06-05-2021, 05:41 AM
Good interview, but the presenters habit of calling people by nicknames known only to supporters of the unwashed is a tad annoying.

Have to say, what passes for being a "character" and "some boy" etc, is all a bit tragic. I suppose it reminds me of what a insular and cosseted bubble pro footballers inhabit. IN no other walk of life would invading an occupied toilet and collecting someone's Tom Kite, then running around with it be considered normal or high jinks. The same with all the fighting pish. Coaches going toe to toe with young boys who have been a bit wide to them, awful stuff.

Irvine comes across as a decent guy, he says he becomes very attached to a football team he plays for and that made me think that his signing up with HIbs longer term is a possibility. Ferri also mentioned that he will be playing against guys he knows very well next season when Hearts are promoted (Boyce). Maybe just supposition on his part though.

Really enjoyed it in the main however agree some of the stories about crappiing in someone's shoes or ripping someone's clothes up on a night out etc really do show how much of a bubble players are in and the crass level of immaturity some of these characters have. A laugh is a laugh however some of it is away beyond the pale and personally while some players will find it funny bet there are equal numbers that really can see it far enough. The Ross county boy in his flat inviting his mates over and saying you can do the toilet everywhere but the toilet is really disgusting to be honest.

Jackson came over well and speaks well and hope he signs again for us as will only get better imo.

1875Sean
08-11-2021, 06:28 PM
Pennant came out on his open goal interview saying when he was on trial at Hibs he was only offer a few hundred pounds a week and felt violated!

I suppose he was past it the time he was at us

Magpie
08-11-2021, 06:41 PM
Pennant came out on his open goal interview saying when he was on trial at Hibs he was only offer a few hundred pounds a week and felt violated!

He did alright in his trial at Dunfermline IIRC, think he might have even scored? Don’t think he went onto do much after that though which suggests we were right in our offer.

500miles
08-11-2021, 06:56 PM

Given his next stop was an unspectacular period at Billericay Town, I think we were pretty generous.

SaulGoodman
08-11-2021, 07:01 PM
Boy should’ve been paying us for the privilege. Waster.

bingo70
08-11-2021, 07:17 PM
Given his next stop was an unspectacular period at Billericay Town, I think we were pretty generous.

I don’t disagree but you’d think both sides would have a fair idea of salary expectations before a trial period takes place.

Seems a bit of a waste of everyone’s time.

CMurdoch
08-11-2021, 08:51 PM

The guy was done as a credible footballer by Summer 2014 and been struggling for 2 seasons before that.

.Sean.
09-11-2021, 06:29 AM
Pennant talks some pish. Says he was interested in signing for Celtic when his contract with Stoke ended in 2014, and was keen to sample the Old Firm games. He’d have been hard pushed with them no even being in the same league.

JimBHibees
09-11-2021, 07:03 AM
I don’t disagree but you’d think both sides would have a fair idea of salary expectations before a trial period takes place.

Seems a bit of a waste of everyone’s time.

There is no way in this world Pennant would be here if he and agent had an idea what we were likely to say offer. Maybe the offer changed post trial though :greengrin

Since452
09-11-2021, 07:32 AM

From what i saw of him in the game against Dunfermline, that was a few hundred pounds too much.

lord bunberry
09-11-2021, 07:48 AM

I’ve been violated for less :wink: