PDA

View Full Version : Mix it up

Key West
02-05-2021, 07:55 AM
I think that Hibs are less predictable than earlier in the season but one thing that they do lack apart from Martin Boyle is that nobody wants to take defenders on, it seems that we are content to over pass the ball and not quickly enough at times, the opposition are happy with this and just wait for that opportunity to counter attack. Defenders hate you running at them and for me it doesn’t happen often enough.

Brightside
02-05-2021, 07:57 AM
We are very predictable. That’s half the issue. Very easy to defend against. Two banks of 4/5 and sit in.

green day
02-05-2021, 08:07 AM
We are very predictable. That’s half the issue. Very easy to defend against. Two banks of 4/5 and sit in.

Have been for months. To an extent, we are in 3rd down to the ineptitude of other teams and Aberdeens inabilty to capitalise.

However, we can only deal with whats in front of us and its good we are in pole position.

Now for the negative news - While 3rd would be good, it is clear that for many Hibs fans we need to win the semi and somehow the final for this season to be judged a success.

That might be harsh, but its probably a fair reflection of what most of us feel right now.

jacomo
02-05-2021, 08:26 AM
Have been for months. To an extent, we are in 3rd down to the ineptitude of other teams and Aberdeens inabilty to capitalise.

However, we can only deal with whats in front of us and its good we are in pole position.

Now for the negative news - While 3rd would be good, it is clear that for many Hibs fans we need to win the semi and somehow the final for this season to be judged a success.

That might be harsh, but its probably a fair reflection of what most of us feel right now.

That promise of an extended campaign in Europe is a huge prize though and only guaranteed if we win the cup... and lifting that trophy again would be a huge thing in itself.

Anything else would be a let down.

Hibeesforever
02-05-2021, 08:30 AM
I think that Hibs are less predictable than earlier in the season but one thing that they do lack apart from Martin Boyle is that nobody wants to take defenders on, it seems that we are content to over pass the ball and not quickly enough at times, the opposition are happy with this and just wait for that opportunity to counter attack. Defenders hate you running at them and for me it doesn’t happen often enough.

Doig was an example, never took his man on to get to the
Byelines...meant passing was all sideways...

Greenbeard
02-05-2021, 08:32 AM
That promise of an extended campaign in Europe is a huge prize though and only guaranteed if we win the cup... and lifting that trophy again would be a huge thing in itself.

It is indeed. But if we play in Europe like we did y'day I fear we'll be getting pumped by teams I've never heard of. Mind, so would St J, St M, Dun Utd and I can live with the odd pumping in Europe.

Alfred E Newman
02-05-2021, 08:36 AM

After that hellish display yesterday I have now convinced myself that we will not finish 3rd and that we will not win the cup.
I will hopefully be well over the disappointment by next week.
If events turn out differently I will be ecstatic.

Nicho87
02-05-2021, 10:28 AM
I think we should go a flat 4-3-3

Goalie

McGinn
Porto
Hanlon
Doig

Gogic
Newell
Irvine

Boyle
Doidge
Nisbet

We have more than enough on the left hand side with doig got the left to allow Nisbet to come in more centrally.

3 in the middle of the park makes us a little bit more solid.