PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid play-off

Diclonius
29-04-2021, 01:39 PM
Will go ahead. (https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-pyramid-play-offs)

It is a bit farcical that Brora qualify having played three games, but on the other hand, all three participating clubs will be the same as last year had that gone ahead. I like Brechin, and grew up in Angus, but they've had a year to recover their form and haven't.

calumhibee1
29-04-2021, 01:43 PM
Rightly or wrongly Brora and Kelly have been put forward as champions by their league. Realise some teams haven’t even played a game but it has been agreed within their leagues.

Brechin have had 20 odd games to save themselves and haven’t for second season in a row. To deny a play off for the second year in a row would have been farcical.

Col2
29-04-2021, 01:44 PM
Tom English and Ewan Murray will be beside themselves if Brechin stay up. Never seen them show so much interest in the lower leagues. Craig Levein as well.Funny that.

McSwanky
29-04-2021, 01:59 PM
Slightly off topic, but what has happened to Brechin? They were in the Championship not that long ago, and now they are rooted to the bottom of League 2. Must be one of the most rapid falls from grace in Scottish football if you discount the financial debacles involving The Rangers, Gretna etc.

ScottB
29-04-2021, 02:00 PM
Slightly off topic, but what has happened to Brechin? They were in the Championship not that long ago, and now they are rooted to the bottom of League 2. Must be one of the most rapid falls from grace in Scottish football if you discount the financial debacles involving The Rangers, Gretna etc.

I’m sure I saw some mad stat on Twitter that they’ve bagged like 17 points since they fell out the championship or something insanely low like that!

Diclonius
29-04-2021, 02:05 PM

The same happened to Cowdenbeath a few years ago.

Northernhibee
29-04-2021, 02:26 PM
Brechin don’t deserve to be in the league setups anymore. Constantly getting beaten, clear air between them and the rest of the league and we’ve seen what a team like Brora might be able to do. Cove Rangers have been excellent too.

I have Brechin supporters in my family but they add nothing to the leagues. Time for fresh blood.

Hibee Mac
29-04-2021, 02:27 PM
Gordon Ramsay will be gutted

hibee-boys
29-04-2021, 02:30 PM
Talk about the proposed European super league being a closed shop, our football divisions were for long enough. Can only be a good thing for Scottish football for the best teams of the lowland and highland leagues to be challenging for a league spot, good luck to them.

Pagan Hibernia
29-04-2021, 02:34 PM
Good luck to Brora :aok:

that said, the longer they remain a Highland League team the more embarrassing ‘that’ result is... :greengrin

G15 Hibs
29-04-2021, 02:56 PM
Brechin don’t deserve to be in the league setups anymore. Constantly getting beaten, clear air between them and the rest of the league and we’ve seen what a team like Brora might be able to do. Cove Rangers have been excellent too.

I have Brechin supporters in my family but they add nothing to the leagues. Time for fresh blood.

They seemed to be a fairly competitive and well run club up until they were promoted to the Championship in 2017, just four years ago. Since then the arse has fallen out. Hopefully they'll find their level and build back to being a competitive team again, in whatever league that might be.

jgl07
29-04-2021, 03:46 PM
Rightly or wrongly Brora and Kelly have been put forward as champions by their league. Realise some teams haven’t even played a game but it has been agreed within their leagues.

Brechin have had 20 odd games to save themselves and haven’t for second season in a row. To deny a play off for the second year in a row would have been farcical.
Brora should have been awarded the place for 'Services to Football'!

Booker5time
29-04-2021, 03:50 PM

From finishing the best part time club to the worse in 3 years, shows it dose not take much if you dont run you club correctly which Brechin hasent, Just need to read there statement they put out trying to keep they place in the league.

Anyway i'm all for the Pyraimd as most of theis clubs have been protected for 50 plus years from Non League. The bottum team should be down automatically so they can count themself lucky they even got a playoff match to save themself.

CMurdoch
29-04-2021, 04:16 PM
The worst thing Brechin ever did was get promoted to the Championship. Just seemed to wreck the whole steady operation.
However, given they are last for a 2nd season it is right and proper that they should play off against Kelty or Brora who were diddled out of it last season.
May the best team win.

James70
29-04-2021, 04:21 PM
My very very early days were spent in Angus and I have very loose connections with both Forfar and Brechin. I regularly look for both team's results and neither are doing brilliantly just now. It saddens me to see Brechin's current predicament, however they were spared a play off last season but they cannot be spared again this year.

Since452
29-04-2021, 04:23 PM
Funny if Kelty Hearts beat Brora when Gorgie Hearts couldn't

Danderhall Hibs
29-04-2021, 04:24 PM
I’d quite like Brechin to win just to see what English and the angry mob say.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-04-2021, 04:25 PM
I hope that Brechin stay up. The league needs a hedge.:agree:

Pagan Hibernia
29-04-2021, 05:19 PM
What’s the story with Kelty anyway? I see they were only formed in 1975. Were they named after our demented neighbours?

Jones28
29-04-2021, 06:46 PM
I hope that Brechin stay up. The league needs a hedge.:agree:

A well trimmed bush adds so much.

Scorrie
30-04-2021, 06:29 AM
1st leg is at Brora on Tuesday 4th May. 2nd leg the following Saturday