PDA

View Full Version : Covid crisis task force

Stuart93
28-04-2021, 01:22 PM
Not sure if it’s been mentioned anywhere yet but see Ronny G is leading a task force set up to help other Scottish clubs through Covid cash crisis.

Supposedly absorbed the initial cost of setting up the group as well according to the EEN.

Good stuff

Danderhall Hibs
28-04-2021, 03:08 PM
I hope there’s no impact on our budget.

28-04-2021, 03:14 PM
How come Budge didn't get the gig? She did after all offer to save Scottish football by allowing clubs to use her facilities. Perhaps not interested in it now as there's nowt in it for her.

Stuart93
28-04-2021, 03:34 PM
How come Budge didn't get the gig? She did after all offer to save Scottish football by allowing clubs to use her facilities. Perhaps not interested in it now as there's nowt in it for her.

They went full circle and tried to drag all the other clubs down with them last summer

tamig
28-04-2021, 05:21 PM
I hope there’s no impact on our budget.

What from Ron helping out Scottish football?

Iain G
28-04-2021, 05:24 PM

I think her facilities are already fully being used by Craig Levein 🤣

Vault Boy
28-04-2021, 05:36 PM
That could be some damn good PR for us and plenty of good will in the bank. Well done Ron.

Peevemor
28-04-2021, 05:42 PM
That could be some damn good PR for us and plenty of good will in the bank. Well done Ron.From what I gather, his banking interests started with him providing financial services for the Hispanic community who were being shunned elsewhere.

A fresh eye (Ron's) looking at the financial problems in Scottish football will hopefully bring something new to the mix.

Danderhall Hibs
28-04-2021, 05:43 PM
What from Ron helping out Scottish football?

By him/us “absorbing the cost” of this.

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2021, 05:47 PM

I've not seen anything yet from him that would suggest he's doing anything to shaft us.

tamig
28-04-2021, 06:28 PM

So why do you think that may be Hibs money? Says he absorbed the cost. Nowt about Hibs.

Northernhibee
28-04-2021, 06:31 PM
That could be some damn good PR for us and plenty of good will in the bank. Well done Ron.

You get the feeling that certain big teams have alienated themselves through actions at the start of the crisis. If we show leadership, sensible ideas and a bit of compassion for other teams then that will go a long way.

Danderhall Hibs
28-04-2021, 06:35 PM
So why do you think that may be Hibs money? Says he absorbed the cost. Nowt about Hibs.

I’ve only read what’s on here and interpreted it like that. Wouldn’t you rather he was paying money into our club than paying for others?

Col2
Hearts are not involved. Don’t underestimate the anger and mistrust against Hearts given what happened in the summer. Clubs went from sympathy to disgust and if you remember they were happy to try and delay the start of the season and cancel Dundee United promotion.

Danderhall Hibs
I've not seen anything yet from him that would suggest he's doing anything to shaft us.

Same here.

Eyrie
28-04-2021, 06:41 PM
You get the feeling that certain big teams have alienated themselves through actions at the start of the crisis. If we show leadership, sensible ideas and a bit of compassion for other teams then that will go a long way.

Remember how many clubs Budge consulted before pulling yet another "save hearts and screw the rest" proposal out of thin air.

Agree that Gordon is doing the right thing for all the clubs, and that will be remembered.

Jones28
28-04-2021, 06:41 PM

He’ll be paying for it from his own pocket, nobody in the world would be stupid enough to take it from the coffers of the club.

tamig
28-04-2021, 07:07 PM
I’ve only read what’s on here and interpreted it like that. Wouldn’t you rather he was paying money into our club than paying for others?

If its for the greater good and he’s paying out of his own pocket that will do for me. An admirable stance from an honourable man. I don’t think our budgets will be suffering. You say in a post a couple below the one I’ve quoted that you see nothing to suggest he’s shafting Hibs. Then you ask if I wouldn’t prefer him giving money to Hibs rather than paying for others. Not a bit contradictory?

Danderhall Hibs
28-04-2021, 07:15 PM
If its for the greater good and he’s paying out of his own pocket that will do for me. An admirable stance from an honourable man. I don’t think our budgets will be suffering. You say in a post a couple below the one I’ve quoted that you see nothing to suggest he’s shafting Hibs. Then you ask if I wouldn’t prefer him giving money to Hibs rather than paying for others. Not a bit contradictory?

No I don’t think it is. I’m stumped why you think it is tbh.

Also not clear on why all the “honourable man” stuff is coming out.

tamig
28-04-2021, 07:19 PM
No I don’t think it is. I’m stumped why you think it is tbh.

Also not clear on why all the “honourable man” stuff is coming out.

Whats your gripe with Ron then? Because you were asked to pay interest on your ST?

weecounty hibby
28-04-2021, 07:21 PM

Hi. If it was someone else I apologise but werent you complaining in the ST thread that the club would no longer pay people's interest in the STs. That would be taking money out of the club as well would it not? So wouldn't you rather the club kept that money and individuals paid the interest or other ways to find were found? Surely it's the same thing? I'm not having a go at you by the way it just seems a bit contradictory that's all.

Danderhall Hibs
28-04-2021, 07:23 PM
Hi. If it was someone else I apologise but werent you complaining in the ST thread that the club would no longer pay people's interest in the STs. That would be taking money out of the club as well would it not? So wouldn't you rather the club kept that money and individuals paid the interest or other ways to find were found? Surely it's the same thing? I'm not having a go at you by the way it just seems a bit contradictory that's all.

It is isn’t it? Some think this is different though - I think you’ve made my point for me.

tamig
28-04-2021, 07:24 PM
No it was the same poster. All over the place.

Danderhall Hibs
28-04-2021, 07:25 PM
Whats your gripe with Ron then? Because you were asked to pay interest on your ST?

No gripe with Ron.

Danderhall Hibs
28-04-2021, 07:26 PM
No it was the same poster. All over the place.
You struggle to understand- that doesn’t mean I’m all over the place.

weecounty hibby
28-04-2021, 07:30 PM
It is isn’t it? Some think this is different though - I think you’ve made my point for me.

Sorry just so I'm clear. You don't want Ron Gordon to take money out of the club for anything but you're ok with the club paying the interest in your season ticket thereby taking money away from the club? But they're not the same? I'm in the same boat about STs, I used the V12 option previously but now will use the DD to the club instead

tamig
28-04-2021, 07:32 PM
You struggle to understand- that doesn’t mean I’m all over the place.

I’m fine ta. You have a pop at Ron being labelled as honourable because he’s made a gesture which is intended to help the whole of Scottish football. Then you say you have no gripe?

Andy74
28-04-2021, 07:32 PM

If you were making the point you think you were making then what you should have been asking was whether other people seen this as taking money out the club. Instead, you made the point making it look as though you were taking a different stance to the one you took before.

28-04-2021, 07:35 PM
Well done Ron.

Spending a few £k of his own money to try and help the Scottish game generate more income to benefit everyone is a great gesture.

Makes you wonder why the SPFL/SFA didn't use a little of James Anderson's generous donation to do something similar. Or was that all just to go directly to clubs?

Danderhall Hibs
28-04-2021, 07:36 PM
Sorry just so I'm clear. You don't want Ron Gordon to take money out of the club for anything but you're ok with the club paying the interest in your season ticket thereby taking money away from the club? But they're not the same? I'm in the same boat about STs, I used the V12 option previously but now will use the DD to the club instead

No problem. No - if the club can’t afford to cover the interest anymore they shouldn’t be subsidising groups for other clubs.

If it’s Ron’s own money I’d rather he looked after his own club first. But it’s his money and if he prefers to spend it on others that’s his choice.

tamig
28-04-2021, 07:37 PM
Well done Ron.

Spending a few £k of his own money to try and help the Scottish game generate more income to benefit everyone is a great gesture.

Makes you wonder why the SPFL/SFA didn't use a little of James Anderson's generous donation to do something similar. Or was that all just to go directly to clubs?
Andersons cash went to the clubs.

Danderhall Hibs
28-04-2021, 07:37 PM
I’m fine ta. You have a pop at Ron being labelled as honourable

No I didn’t.

Danderhall Hibs
28-04-2021, 07:38 PM
If you were making the point you think you were making then what you should have been asking was whether other people seen this as taking money out the club. Instead, you made the point making it look as though you were taking a different stance to the one you took before.

Beginning to see that Andy - maybe I was being to smart. Over some folks heads - at least you got it. :wink:

tamig
28-04-2021, 07:39 PM
Beginning to see that Andy - maybe I was being to smart. Over some folks heads - at least you got it. :wink:

😂

weecounty hibby
28-04-2021, 07:40 PM
No problem. No - if the club can’t afford to cover the interest anymore they shouldn’t be subsidising groups for other clubs.

If it’s Ron’s own money I’d rather he looked after his own club first. But it’s his money and if he prefers to spend it on others that’s his choice.

Ok so you agree that the ST money not being paid by the club is a good idea, although painful to some. But what is it that makes you believe that Ron Gordon is using Hibernian club funds to set up this working party? I honestly can't understand your thought process there.

28-04-2021, 07:42 PM
Andersons cash went to the clubs.

OK, thanks.

Andy74
28-04-2021, 07:44 PM

To be fair, if this is Hibs cash then it might not be badly spent.

It looks as though he was bringing some of this resource in to help Hibs anyway but in the current situation we probably can’t take advantage enough within a product that generally is not selling itself in the right way.

If it increases our ability to get more revenue in the future then it could be a good investment.

Although, it does read to me that he’s paying for it himself.

Danderhall Hibs
28-04-2021, 07:44 PM
Ok so you agree that the ST money not being paid by the club is a good idea, although painful to some. But what is it that makes you believe that Ron Gordon is using Hibernian club funds to set up this working party? I honestly can't understand your thought process there.

Eh? I didn’t say any of that so probably why you’re struggling with my thought process.

weecounty hibby
28-04-2021, 07:50 PM
Eh? I didn’t say any of that so probably why you’re struggling with my thought process.
You started by saying you hoped it wouldn't impact on our budget. When questioned you then said by him/us "absorbing" these costs. But now your saying you didn't imply that it would be money from or allocated to Hibs. Nae probs, I'm out this is going the same way as you were in the ST thread

Is It On....
28-04-2021, 08:17 PM
Not sure if it’s been mentioned anywhere yet but see Ronny G is leading a task force set up to help other Scottish clubs through Covid cash crisis.

Supposedly absorbed the initial cost of setting up the group as well according to the EEN.

Good stuff

A good start would be to sack those at the top of the Scottish game and merge the alphabet soup bodies that administer Scottish football and start again.

Peevemor
28-04-2021, 08:52 PM
A good start would be to sack those at the top of the Scottish game and merge the alphabet soup bodies that administer Scottish football and start again.Except the professional clubs don't want to be administered by the same people as everyone else.

Any other great ideas?

hibbysam
29-04-2021, 06:50 AM

On the face of it he’s spending money, but if anything happens any quicker that benefits Hibs (such as getting crowds back - I’ve read nothing about the task force and why it’s set up so no clue what benefits there may be) then it’ll have far bigger benefits to the club than the outlay he’s made.

Not In The Know
29-04-2021, 07:02 AM

There’s very little chance he’s taking money from Hibs to do this.

if it’s his own money he can do what he wants. Is he allowed to buy a new car/house or should he plough that into Hibs too?

I think it’s pretty clear to see by j is Ron is the real deal and is/will be excellent for the club.

CentreLine
29-04-2021, 07:10 AM
There’s very little chance he’s taking money from Hibs to do this.

if it’s his own money he can do what he wants. Is he allowed to buy a new car/house or should he plough that into Hibs too?

I think it’s pretty clear to see by j is Ron is the real deal and is/will be excellent for the club.

Agreed. Unbelievable that anyone is finding excuses to criticise RG when his every utterance and action since taking over the club has been positive. The critics are sounding more than a little like the small but vociferous Ponzi Scheme Wailers” (good name for a blues band).
So far RG has not put a foot wrong and our club is clearly moving in the right direction.
More of that please Ron Gordon. 👍🏻

Iain G
29-04-2021, 07:14 AM
On the face of it he’s spending money, but if anything happens any quicker that benefits Hibs (such as getting crowds back - I’ve read nothing about the task force and why it’s set up so no clue what benefits there may be) then it’ll have far bigger benefits to the club than the outlay he’s made.

We are looking at the micro level to improve everything we can about how we run, how to put the best product on the park and be successful and how the fan experience can improve. This only goes so far and now Ron is getting involved at the Macro level as to how we can improve upon the whole package of Scottish football. He brings his fresh ideas and is bringing some professional consultants in to the game which can't be a bad thing.

Improving the overall product and maximising income and gaining further exposure of the game can only help Hibs in the longer term?

ian cruise
29-04-2021, 08:40 AM
We are looking at the micro level to improve everything we can about how we run, how to put the best product on the park and be successful and how the fan experience can improve. This only goes so far and now Ron is getting involved at the Macro level as to how we can improve upon the whole package of Scottish football. He brings his fresh ideas and is bringing some professional consultants in to the game which can't be a bad thing.

Improving the overall product and maximising income and gaining further exposure of the game can only help Hibs in the longer term?

This is the view I take. If this task force can bring more attention, sponsorship and in turn a larger audience to Scottish football then it's in Hibs benefit to be involved. The alternative is we keep getting less money in to the game and the fans we have pay more for the same or a lesser product.