PDA

View Full Version : Saturday

Tambo
27-04-2021, 05:08 PM
Another big game coming up which could be the weekend we secure 3rd.

Need some revenge from the semi final and also show we are the better team but if we can start off like we did past two home games we should be fine. I just hope we can start seeing games out for the full 90 minuets, I said in both games we needed a 3rd goal as we know what can happen.

Would like to see Gogic’s replacement start so he is ready for the semi.

3-1 Hibs.

Northernhibee
27-04-2021, 05:22 PM
We have to go for it, we can't afford to lose any momentum.

Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig

Hallberg
Newell
Irvine

Boyle
Doidge
Nisbet

hibbysam
27-04-2021, 05:24 PM
We have to go for it, we can't afford to lose any momentum.

Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig

Hallberg
Newell
Irvine

Boyle
Doidge
Nisbet

Hallberg is going to be required the following week so can’t afford an injury, Gogic plays this week for me.

one day maybe...
27-04-2021, 05:30 PM
Understand where your coming from but two completely different games and therefore I wouldn't be dropping Gogic.
He can't play the following week so no risk in playing him and asking him to boss the midfield

I'd also play start Macy hoping the extra game time helps him understand his defence a little bit more

Team for me

Macy

Gray
MacGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Wright
Magennis
Gogic
Hallberg
Doig (Murphy if fit)

Doidge

I don't think Aberdeen will get the points they need to catch us with 3 games to go now.

So, IMO it's now all about this cup.

Pagan Hibernia
27-04-2021, 05:32 PM
A convincing win might calm some nerves over the potential prospect of meeting them in the Final (I know, if we get there etc etc).

if we lose to them (for the third time in a row) people will be well and truly s****ing it.

B.H.F.C
27-04-2021, 05:33 PM
Understand where your coming from but two completely different games and therefore I wouldn't be dropping Gogic.
He can't play the following week so no risk in playing him and asking him to boss the midfield

I'd also play start Macy hoping the extra game time helps him understand his defence a little bit more

Team for me

Macy

Gray
MacGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Wright
Magennis
Gogic
Hallberg
Doig (Murphy if fit)

Doidge

I don't think Aberdeen will get the points they need to catch us with 3 games to go now.

Something like that for me. But I think we’ll play our normal team.

Billy Whizz
30-04-2021, 04:57 PM
Any team news, apart from Cadden being out?

chippy
30-04-2021, 05:05 PM

Team for me

Macy

Gray
MacGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Wright
Magennis
Gogic
Hallberg
Doig (Murphy if fit)

Doidge

A sensible team. I’d give Dabrowski, Bradley and Josh Ellingham possibly Blaney a game/ bench. Might find a star or 2 for next season, worth the low risk of losing 200 k for 4th

chippy
30-04-2021, 05:06 PM
A convincing win might calm some nerves over the potential prospect of meeting them in the Final (I know, if we get there etc etc).

if we lose to them (for the third time in a row) people will be well and truly s****ing it.

Then we’d be the underdog

JohnMcM
30-04-2021, 05:21 PM
This thread title has made me realise for the first time that Saturday has the word ‘turd’ in it. Why didn’t they teach me that at school all those years ago instead of stupid algebra and logarithms?

Brunswickbill
30-04-2021, 05:24 PM
This thread title has made me realise for the first time that Saturday has the word ‘turd’ in it. Why didn’t they teach me that at school all those years ago instead of stupid algebra and logarithms?

Have you been told about Scunthorpe?

JohnMcM
30-04-2021, 05:26 PM
Have you been told about Scunthorpe?

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf: Very good!

AgentDaleCooper
30-04-2021, 05:41 PM
Is boyle suspended?

CMurdoch
30-04-2021, 06:01 PM
Any team news, apart from Cadden being out?

JR said earlier in the week that Murphy will be considered for the Semi Final so not back this week.

Would like to see us go with our strongest team tomorrow but experiment by playing Daz between the centre halves in an attempt to find the key to beating St J. In anticipation for the final if we reach it.

St J. strength is in the air at set pieces so it would be interesting to see if the addition of Daz would damage that effective threat. The addition of Doidge to the semi final losing team definitely helped our defensive effort in the last game between the teams were only a careless clearance header from Doig into the path of Craig separated the teams.

Cadden played in both losses to St J. and Murphy in the semi final. Both will as stated earlier be missing tomorrow.
Hallberg didn't start any of the 2 games so again might be worth a try as we search for the key and especially as he has to play next week.

Since90+2
30-04-2021, 06:06 PM

I honestly don't think it will matter either way. Whoever gets beat tomorrow will still be confident of winning the semi final.

houstonhibbee
30-04-2021, 06:19 PM
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf: Very good!

Reminds me of the old joke. What are the three teams with a swear word in their name?

Arsenal, Scunthorpe and f*****g Rangers

hibbysam
30-04-2021, 06:30 PM
JR said earlier in the week that Murphy will be considered for the Semi Final so not back this week.

Would like to see us go with our strongest team tomorrow but experiment by playing Daz between the centre halves in an attempt to find the key to beating St J. In anticipation for the final if we reach it.

St J. strength is in the air at set pieces so it would be interesting to see if the addition of Daz would damage that effective threat. The addition of Doidge to the semi final losing team definitely helped our defensive effort in the last game between the teams were only a careless clearance header from Doig into the path of Craig separated the teams.

Cadden played in both losses to St J. and Murphy in the semi final. Both will as stated earlier be missing tomorrow.
Hallberg didn't start any of the 2 games so again might be worth a try as we search for the key and especially as he has to play next week.

What do we then do if st mirren beat st Johnstone?

CMurdoch
30-04-2021, 06:34 PM

We punch the air of course :aok:

We have a good record against St M. this season.

Jones28
30-04-2021, 09:10 PM

Lose to St Mirren of course