DTS
26-04-2021, 08:41 PM
🆕🎙EP38: Greg McEwen Special 🎙🆕

- Thank You NHS 👏🏻
- Big Brand Partnerships 🤝
- Exciting Times Ahead 😁
- Progress via Pens 😬🏆
- Saints Preview 🟢🔵

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/1PJpf1kQECgYvRlJvnkksz?si=lUy4xiPNRsWU2UpMqd0Z9A

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/down-the-slope-podcast/id1527578077#episodeGuid=f38c728f-087c-4210-8f8c-2416fd051506

YouTube will be available tomorrow.📺

Greg McEwen sat down with us tonight for a great chat and insight into the club! Greg was extremely open and transparent. I reckon it’s well worth your time!

DarlingtonHibee
27-04-2021, 07:30 AM
Excellent listen 👏

Leitherhibs
27-04-2021, 07:40 AM
This was a terrific listen, Lads. Greg was brilliant, so open and honest. Great to see another Hibs Podcast producing good content.

DTS
27-04-2021, 08:56 AM
Glad yous enjoyed it chaps! Greg was really good with us!

matty_f
27-04-2021, 09:30 AM
Listening to this just now - very good, again, guys.

It’s good to see Hibs giving access to podcasts, this one and the upcoming Jack Ross one with the .net hibs.pod are fantastic guests to get on. Well done. :agree:

matty_f
27-04-2021, 09:52 AM
The chat about the sponsorship was alarming - having big adverts to that hadn’t been paid for out where under-valued, along with the lack of shirt sponsorship etc, what was going on with the commercial team before Ron Gordon came in?

DTS
27-04-2021, 11:47 AM
The chat about the sponsorship was alarming - having big adverts to that hadn’t been paid for out where under-valued, along with the lack of shirt sponsorship etc, what was going on with the commercial team before Ron Gordon came in?

Seemed to be a fairly non existent source of revenue pre Gordon, definitely felt like Greg came and had a fairly blank canvas to work with

DTS
27-04-2021, 11:48 AM
YouTube link here!!

https://youtu.be/vu3zszWrr8Q

Leitherhibs
28-04-2021, 09:27 AM

Was really surprised by this too, Leven Car Company sounds like one of many examples of revenue we’ve lost out on. Probably explains in part why RG was so confident that we’d double our revenue?

Greg seemed keen to explore all avenues to bring more money in and really enthusiastic about engaging with fans to produce content which was really encouraging.

Phil MaGlass
28-04-2021, 03:46 PM
this is pernickety, but, its a real pet hate of mine,(like my spelling probably is to others) I had to stop listening after 15 minutes or so,, nothing against the guy, but instead of saying "ehm" every five seconds, could you please pause or do something else other than "ehm".
Drives me nuts, its a reason why I stop listening to the news now and again.

Aye ah ken, theres always someone to complain aboot something.

DTS
28-04-2021, 05:12 PM
this is pernickety, but, its a real pet hate of mine,(like my spelling probably is to others) I had to stop listening after 15 minutes or so,, nothing against the guy, but instead of saying "ehm" every five seconds, could you please pause or do something else other than "ehm".
Drives me nuts, its a reason why I stop listening to the news now and again.

Aye ah ken, theres always someone to complain aboot something.

Probably be myself that you’re referring too and it’s certainly something to work on.

We don’t want to pause etc as we want to keep the podcast as natural as possible and not edited etc.

Peevemor
28-04-2021, 05:31 PM
I thought it was very good. I have no problems with "ehm" s, etc. Part of the attraction is that they hosts aren't professionals. Imagine what the craic would be like with 3 David Tanners...

For me the balance between respect & familiarity was just right and Greg from Hibs spoke very well.

For what it's worth, out-of-date, no longer paid for advertising boards at ER (and many other grounds) has been going since at least the 80s. Take them away and it can leave gaps. Gaps send a message that pitchside advertising space doesn't sell therefore might not be worth it.

Vault Boy
28-04-2021, 05:33 PM
Probably be myself that you’re referring too and it’s certainly something to work on.

We don’t want to pause etc as we want to keep the podcast as natural as possible and not edited etc.

To err is human and to 'urm' is human too. :aok:

It genuinely takes me a full standard working day to edit, balance, and mix the audio for hibs.pod, sometimes more. Even then, it's very far from perfect because we're amateurs and have technical limitations. The only reason I can handle the edit is because the show is monthly, we'd have absolutely no chance of doing it weekly like you guys. No chance.

Not trying to slight the poster you're replying to here, but you need to give plenty of room for a weekly podcast hosted by normal, amateur fans to have a few rough edges. I 'urm' a lot myself, and it's really not easy to control when you're recording in one take with a guest. It's entirely subconscious.

I've caught the opening moments of this episode by the way and am really looking forward to catching the rest tomorrow. Really good job as always guys.

DTS
28-04-2021, 05:51 PM
Thank you for the support everyone!!

We do appreciate all feedback as well.

As Vault Boy said it takes a long time to edit etc, usually takes 2 hours or so to even just convert the Zoom calls and format them etc, don’t think the product we produce will ever be perfect nor do I think we want it to be either lol.

We don’t make a penny from the podcast and again not sure we ever want to either and in fact “lose” money with it just due to some basic subscriptions.

As ever we appreciate everyone’s support & hope you continue you to enjoy our ramblings

matty_f
28-04-2021, 06:05 PM

As Vault Boy said it takes a long time to edit etc, usually takes 2 hours or so to even just convert the Zoom calls and format them etc, don’t think the product we produce will ever be perfect nor do I think we want it to be either lol.

We don’t make a penny from the podcast and again not sure we ever want to either and in fact “lose” money with it just due to some basic subscriptions.

As ever we appreciate everyone’s support & hope you continue you to enjoy our ramblings

Your podcast is great, chief.

Brightside
28-04-2021, 06:21 PM
🆕🎙EP38: Greg McEwen Special 🎙🆕

- Thank You NHS 👏🏻
- Big Brand Partnerships 🤝
- Exciting Times Ahead 😁
- Progress via Pens 😬🏆
- Saints Preview 🟢🔵

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/1PJpf1kQECgYvRlJvnkksz?si=lUy4xiPNRsWU2UpMqd0Z9A

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/down-the-slope-podcast/id1527578077#episodeGuid=f38c728f-087c-4210-8f8c-2416fd051506

YouTube will be available tomorrow.📺

Greg McEwen sat down with us tonight for a great chat and insight into the club! Greg was extremely open and transparent. I reckon it’s well worth your time!

Really good lads. Well done.

Danderhall Hibs
28-04-2021, 06:38 PM

I’ve listened since episode 1 and I think it’s really good. It’s been improving all the time.

DTS
28-04-2021, 06:43 PM
Your podcast is great, chief.

Cheers Matty!

One thing for sure we wouldn’t have even got off the ground if it wasn’t for your help!

DTS
28-04-2021, 06:44 PM
I’ve listened since episode 1 and I think it’s really good. It’s been improving all the time.

Love to see this! Glad to have you on board with us haha. Glad you continue to enjoy!

Phil MaGlass
28-04-2021, 07:18 PM
Hi guys thanks for the replies.Yir doin a great job and its really appreciated. I know its not an easy task. All the best.

matty_f
28-04-2021, 07:51 PM
Cheers Matty!

One thing for sure we wouldn’t have even got off the ground if it wasn’t for your help!

:aok:

CraigHibee
28-04-2021, 10:33 PM
Love it guys, great listen 👏

DTS
29-04-2021, 09:52 AM
Love it guys, great listen 👏

Cheers Craig!