PDA

View Full Version : Resting players

chippy
25-04-2021, 10:31 PM
I reckon it would be wise to rest at least Boyle vs St Johnstone on Saturday. Perhaps Porto or Hanlon. Give the laddie Bradley at least a half and Cadden a run out. Could try out that young striker whose been in the squad. I’d play Macey ne t week too and he does ok he keeps the gloves for the semi.

Magpie
25-04-2021, 10:35 PM
Players should be fighting for their place in the starting line up for the semi final now imo. Probably expect squad rotation over the last few games to give everybody a chance to prove themselves.

Edit: Just realised we only have one game before the semi final. We should play the team we aim to put out in the semi final then imo. Perfect opportunity to work on a few things if we are drawn against St Johnstone.

Pretty Boy
25-04-2021, 10:38 PM
If it comes down to it then a bit of rotation wouldn't go amiss.

I don't think it does any harm to get guys like Magennis, Cadden, Halberg and Stevenson game time in the next couple of weeks. We will need them at some point in the run in.

I'm saying that I wouldn't be making changes for changes sake. Keeping people ticking over and protecting our best assets is fine but not at the expense of continuity and momentum.

ElginHibbie
25-04-2021, 10:42 PM
If we get to the final I would consider doing it, but with just the one game next weekend before the semi don't think it's needed unless someone isn't 100%. We'd be better playing whatever team/system we plan on using without Gogic next weekend

hibbyfraelibby
26-04-2021, 08:42 AM
Hallberg for Gogic is the only change needed.

green day
26-04-2021, 08:45 AM
If we get to the final I would consider doing it, but with just the one game next weekend before the semi don't think it's needed unless someone isn't 100%. We'd be better playing whatever team/system we plan on using without Gogic next weekend

I think it really depends on who we play in the semi. If it is St J, we need to have a look at the players against there opposite numbers to see if anything needs tweaked - but if we are playing anyone else I would be tempted to alter the players to allow knocks to heal and knackered players to rest up.

Resting players really helped Dundee Utd v Aberdeen at the weekend.

ancient hibee
26-04-2021, 02:41 PM
I think it really depends on who we play in the semi. If it is St J, we need to have a look at the players against there opposite numbers to see if anything needs tweaked - but if we are playing anyone else I would be tempted to alter the players to allow knocks to heal and knackered players to rest up.

Resting players really helped Dundee Utd v Aberdeen at the weekend.

While resting players didn’t do much for Rangers.