PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Scott Allan!!

BlackSheep
25-04-2021, 09:34 PM
Surely we now need to consider bringing him back... need as good a squad as we can get with importance of the end of the season.

Was there a recall clause?

hibbysam
25-04-2021, 09:35 PM
Surely we now need to consider bringing him back... need as good a squad as we can get with importance of the end of the season.

Third is all but wrapped up and he’s cup tied, would be a tad pointless for the sake of a couple of meaningless league games.

WeeRussell
25-04-2021, 09:37 PM

We needed the best squad possible for our third place bid when he was allowed to go out on loan. I love Scott Allan and can’t wait to see him back fit, but he’s not coming back before summer now.

Northernhibee
25-04-2021, 09:38 PM
No.

dalkeith stu
25-04-2021, 09:39 PM
We needed the best squad possible for our third place bid when he was allowed to go out on loan. I love Scott Allan and can’t wait to see him back fit, but he’s not coming back before summer now.

With the Huns going out the cup finishing 3rd doesn't matter, to get group stage football next season we must now win the cup!!!

H18 SFR
25-04-2021, 09:42 PM
He can’t play in the league or the cup for us this season.

Weegreenman
25-04-2021, 10:00 PM
I think we’ve seen the last of him I’m afraid.

Lago
25-04-2021, 10:03 PM
QUOTE=Weegreenman;6540709]I think we’ve seen the last of him I’m afraid.[/QUOTE]
Sadly I think your right

WeeRussell
25-04-2021, 10:16 PM
With the Huns going out the cup finishing 3rd doesn't matter, to get group stage football next season we must now win the cup!!!

I know (although disagree with “doesn’t matter”)

My post was in response to the OP suggesting he comes back now because we have important games... my point being we had important games when he left.

Stuart93
25-04-2021, 10:40 PM

Not sure about the last of him but potentially the last of him as a regular starter for us aye, sadly

SaulGoodman
25-04-2021, 11:05 PM
See he was the only player in the Caley team today that didn’t applaud Hearts onto the pitch during their Guard of “honour” :greengrin

keep the faith
25-04-2021, 11:07 PM

Wierd statement. Based on what????

Hibbyradge
25-04-2021, 11:12 PM
How's he been playing?

Since452
26-04-2021, 05:21 AM
He wouldn't improve us right now

Logie Green
26-04-2021, 06:48 AM
The last time he left us to play for another club we won the Scottish Cup.
The last time we played a second choice goalkeeper we won the Scottish Cup.
The last time the League Champions weren’t in the Final we won the Scottish Cup.

Feel free to add any other coincidences.....

Niffy
26-04-2021, 06:55 AM
The last time the League Champions weren’t in the Final we won the Scottish Cup.

Wait until we draw Utd in the semi tonight ;)

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2021, 07:26 AM

This is a bit of a reach

Billy Whizz
26-04-2021, 07:31 AM
His season finishes on Friday, so should be back into training on Monday at Hibs

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2021, 07:32 AM
His season finishes on Friday, so should be back into training on Monday at Hibs

Cant play though so it doesn't matter.

Billy Whizz
26-04-2021, 07:33 AM
Cant play though so it doesn't matter.

Never said that, just that he will be back at East Mains next week

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2021, 07:34 AM
Never said that, just that he will be back at East Mains next week

Yeah, which is good. Keeps him training and fit. He'll be the first one wanting us to win the cup.

J-C
26-04-2021, 07:37 AM
Wierd statement. Based on what????

Based on him having a potential life threatening heart problem, yes he's getting treatment but we still don't know at what level he will ever get back to, he's missed a lot of football. My fingers are crossed that he gets back to the levels we know he can achieve but unfortunately we have to be realistic and say it's looking more than likely he won't.

JohnMcM
26-04-2021, 07:39 AM

They say if you see a black cat or break a mirror you get bad luck. Well, last Friday I accidentally scared our black cat, it flew over the room and broke a mirror. That night I didn’t win the Euro Lottery. Coincidence or not? I’ll let readers decide.

jacomo
26-04-2021, 07:41 AM

Why not? ICT’s season is over. What else is he gonna do between now and the start of pre season?

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2021, 07:45 AM
Based on him having a potential life threatening heart problem, yes he's getting treatment but we still don't know at what level he will ever get back to, he's missed a lot of football. My fingers are crossed that he gets back to the levels we know he can achieve but unfortunately we have to be realistic and say it's looking more than likely he won't.

Its looking very likely he will. Goes on loan, immediately in their team, plays an hour in a win against an SPL side? Surely its a huge positive

keep the faith
26-04-2021, 03:00 PM

He was our best player before he got ill.

He goes through treatment, says he feels stronger than before. Goes on loan to the championship to get games. Plays every week.

I would say there is every chance we get our best player back next season. Can't wait.

WhileTheChief..
26-04-2021, 03:16 PM

Agreed. Love the guy but don’t see him playing for us again.

We’ll see more of him as a pundit on TV though, I think that’s the direction he’s heading. Wish him all the best whatever he does.

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2021, 03:21 PM
Agreed. Love the guy but don’t see him playing for us again.

We’ll see more of him as a pundit on TV though, I think that’s the direction he’s heading. Wish him all the best whatever he does.

Why not?

Sioux
26-04-2021, 03:55 PM

Wtf do you know about his medical condition? The answer is FA.

Stop pretending you know things.

J-C
26-04-2021, 04:15 PM
Wtf do you know about his medical condition? The answer is FA.

Stop pretending you know things.

Scott Allan: Hibernian midfielder reveals heart condition that threatened to end his career | Football News | Sky Sports (https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/12222389/scott-allan-hibernian-midfielder-reveals-heart-condition-that-threatened-to-end-his-career)

Cardiomyopathy is a life threatening heart disease that was a contributing factor in the death of Phil O'Donnell and Marc Vivien-Foe, plus Fabrice Mumba's cardiac arrest at White Hart Lane.

Maybe instead of being a dick and doing a bit of research you'd maybe know that instead of making yourself look like an erse.

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2021, 04:37 PM
Scott Allan: Hibernian midfielder reveals heart condition that threatened to end his career | Football News | Sky Sports (https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/12222389/scott-allan-hibernian-midfielder-reveals-heart-condition-that-threatened-to-end-his-career)

Cardiomyopathy is a life threatening heart disease that was a contributing factor in the death of Phil O'Donnell and Marc Vivien-Foe, plus Fabrice Mumba's cardiac arrest at White Hart Lane.

Maybe instead of being a dick and doing a bit of research you'd maybe know that instead of making yourself look like an erse.

How exactly is it looking unlikely he'll get back to his previous level? Hes playing every week

Andy74
26-04-2021, 04:43 PM
How exactly is it looking unlikely he'll get back to his previous level? Hes playing every week

Yeah, a bit odd writing him off when he has gone away and done what he wanted to do - prove he can start games.

Nothing to suggest he won’t come back to the squad for next year. Up to him then to get back in the team.

superfurryhibby
26-04-2021, 05:14 PM
Only time will tell with Scott Allan. However, he has made inroads, training and playing every week.

Not sure why he couldn’t play a role in the remaining league games though? Surely, Allan, Gullan and Murray etc could feature?

Andy74
26-04-2021, 05:17 PM
Only time will tell with Scott Allan. However, he has made inroads, training and playing every week.

Not sure why he couldn’t play a role in the remaining league games though? Surely, Allan, Gullan and Murray etc could feature?

We can’t currently register players to play.

MrRobot
26-04-2021, 05:20 PM
Can’t wait to see a fully fit Scott Allan back in the starting 11.

Keith_M
26-04-2021, 05:24 PM
We can’t currently register players to play.

That's a shame, as I would have liked to see him play in some of the remaining league games, even if it's just as a sub.

tamig
26-04-2021, 05:28 PM

All well and good but what’s that got to do with the likelihood of him starting games for Hibs? Nothing is the answer. He’s already played games with no pre-season ahead of his stint at ICT. His condition is being monitored and managed. A good pre-season and I’m sure Scotty will be a key man for us once more.

WeeRussell
26-04-2021, 05:37 PM

Sorry JC, but the sky sports news article on Scott Allan isn’t research on heart conditions.

Cardiomyopathy is a general term for a number of heart diseases and it’s very likely the references to late (and surviving) footballers (I think they all suffered sudden unexpected attacks?) you’ve made above aren’t really relevant to your argument at all.

Hibbyradge
26-04-2021, 05:59 PM
Yeah, which is good. Keeps him training and fit. He'll be the first one wanting us to win the cup.

Wrong. That'll be me!

MagicSwirlingShip
26-04-2021, 06:05 PM
Plenty football left in Scott Allan.

Give him a preseason with competitive friendlies. Watch the player we know return.

Peevemor
26-04-2021, 06:10 PM
Plenty football left in Scott Allan.

Give him a preseason with competitive friendlies. Watch the player we know return.Fingers crossed!

J-C
26-04-2021, 06:20 PM
All well and good but what’s that got to do with the likelihood of him starting games for Hibs? Nothing is the answer. He’s already played games with no pre-season ahead of his stint at ICT. His condition is being monitored and managed. A good pre-season and I’m sure Scotty will be a key man for us once more.

I never said he wouldn't start games for us I said I hope his recent illness doesn't stop him getting back to the level we all know he can play at, I did say fingers crossed he can and we all hope he can but there is a good chance he may not. He's getting decent minutes at Inverness which can only help and I'd love nothing better than see a fit raring to go Allan next season but if he doesn't get back to the levels needed, I'll understand and wish him well.

J-C
26-04-2021, 06:27 PM
Sorry JC, but the sky sports news article on Scott Allan isn’t research on heart conditions.

Cardiomyopathy is a general term for a number of heart diseases and it’s very likely the references to late (and surviving) footballers (I think they all suffered sudden unexpected attacks?) you’ve made above aren’t really relevant to your argument at all.

I know it's a general term and if it hadn't been spotted it could've been life threatening, thankfully it was diagnosed early and he's getting treatment for his condition as I say fingers crossed he gets back to his best as the team is crying out for a creative player like him.