PDA

View Full Version : Time For Heroes

Vault Boy
25-04-2021, 09:07 PM
New heroes, that is.

There's no shying away from it, this is the best shot we'll have at the Scottish Cup since SDG's beautiful, shiny dome thundered in the winner 5 years ago.

We said similar before the League Cup semi and got stung, but it doesn't make it any less true. Saints, United, and the winner of tomorrow's tie would all make for very challenging opponents, without question, but on our day we're beating any of them.

It's time for a new generation of heroes, with some of the old ones still there to guide them through. Let's do this.

Pretty Boy
25-04-2021, 09:14 PM
I just said on the PM board we have a chance to secure our best season in decades.

A Scottish Cup win, 3rd or even 4th place and an extended European run is absolute dreamland stuff. It's entirely within our own hands.

The worst case scenario is 4th and European football which most people would have bitten your hand off for in August. Obviously that would be tough to take given where we are now but it's still not bad.

It's an amazingly exciting end to the season and we should all be buzzing for it.

Since452
25-04-2021, 09:16 PM
They do say Scottish Cups are like busses... I think

25-04-2021, 09:30 PM
I just said on the PM board we have a chance to secure our best season in decades.

A Scottish Cup win, 3rd or even 4th place and an extended European run is absolute dreamland stuff. It's entirely within our own hands.

The worst case scenario is 4th and European football which most people would have bitten your hand off for in August. Obviously that would be tough to take given where we are now but it's still not bad.

It's an amazingly exciting end to the season and we should all be buzzing for it.

Totally agree. Really exciting times indeed.

Hibs being favorites isn't exactly something I relish but nevertheless its still great once the OF are out, blows the competition right open for everyone and at leats whoever wins it will properly appreciate it. We are capable of beating any of the teams left in the cup and similarly each of those teams are capable of beating us. The cup is far from a done deal, we are going to have to be on top form whoever we draw. Every team will have taken a massive lift from the huns going out tonight and will believe they have a great chance.

Time Foe Heroes indeed. Get the DVD playing on loop in the dressing room/East Mains :greengrin!

wallpaperman
25-04-2021, 09:45 PM
Is Anthony Stokes a free agent at the moment? :cb

heid the baw
25-04-2021, 11:18 PM
Not since 1958 have a Hibs team had a better chance of winning the Scottish Cup
We are best placed team left in the competition.
Jack Ross finds himself in a position where he has to step up to the mark.

MagicSwirlingShip
25-04-2021, 11:22 PM
Not since 1958 have a Hibs team had a better chance of winning the Scottish Cup
We are best placed team left in the competition.
Jack Ross finds himself in a position where he has to step up to the mark.

Jack Ross, aye, but it will be the players that decide our fate.

25-04-2021, 11:37 PM
Jack Ross, aye, but it will be the players that decide our fate.

Yep absolutely. Time for the players to step up to the big occasion and grab this opportunity by the scruff of the neck. SDG, Daz, Lewis, Hanlon, Boyle etc have all been there and done it and I hope they are drilling it into every single player just how much this means and what a massive opportunity they have here to make heores of themselves.

JammyDoidger
26-04-2021, 07:07 AM
Absoloutely mental to think that there's a handful of players potentially lifting two Scottish cups with hibs. Lewis stevenson would have 2 Scottish cup wins and a league cup win. Come on the cabbage, let's get this done, after we beat QOS( I had a real feeling that we were going to do something in this competiton, listening to the interviews etc after the game.