PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup Final outside of Hampden, with limited fans

Diclonius
25-04-2021, 08:21 PM
Just stick it somewhere between the two finalist clubs and do a ST ballot.

I don't care if it's 2,000, 1,000, fifty fans. Just do it, SFA. **** the Hampden contract.

Keith_M
25-04-2021, 08:24 PM
Celtc Park or Ibrox are surely both viable options.

Glory Lurker
25-04-2021, 08:25 PM
Make it happen, SFA.

Jones28
25-04-2021, 08:26 PM
What’s the ratio? 10 percent capacity? If so it surely makes sense to have the biggest stadium?

hibbysam
25-04-2021, 08:34 PM
What’s the ratio? 10 percent capacity? If so it surely makes sense to have the biggest stadium?

Think it’s 20% at the euros. Get it at Celtic park and get 15,000 in.

GreenCastle
25-04-2021, 08:36 PM
Murrayfield could host the next 3 games and we could have 10000 fans surely ?!

25-04-2021, 08:38 PM
The chances of that have just decreased now there are no OF teams left in it.

shamo9
25-04-2021, 08:40 PM
You can have 500 people at an outdoor venue from 17th May in Scotland (cup final is on the 22nd). Any more would need approval from the Scottish Government.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-park-scottish-cup-final-23974281

B.H.F.C
25-04-2021, 08:42 PM
Clubs should all be pushing for this.

Keith_M
25-04-2021, 08:44 PM

:agree:

Bostonhibby
25-04-2021, 08:46 PM
Very sensible and pragmatic idea in these times. For those two reasons I'd be amazed if the SFA consider it.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Hibeesforever
25-04-2021, 08:46 PM
You can have 500 people at an outdoor venue from 17th May in Scotland (cup final is on the 22nd). Any more would need approval from the Scottish Government.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-park-scottish-cup-final-23974281

The whole thing is a farce. Only 175 cases in the whole of Scotland today, so no emergency. Fans in great numbers should be allowed back into grounds....

GreenCastle
25-04-2021, 08:47 PM

I would say they have increased.

Celtic didn’t want Rangers playing / trashing it winning the cup at Celtic Park.

Imagine getting a ticket for either of these games - will be like gold dust !

Jones28
25-04-2021, 08:47 PM
The whole thing is a farce. Only 175 cases in the whole of Scotland today, so no emergency. Fans in great numbers should be allowed back into grounds....

It’s not an emergency, it could be if we followed your plan. See Christmas for evidence.

Gordy M
25-04-2021, 08:51 PM
The SFA dont pay anything for Hampden now they have bought it im sure. I dont think they will now shell out money to move the final.

Hibbyradge
25-04-2021, 08:54 PM
The SFA dont pay anything for Hampden now they have bought it im sure. I dont think they will now shell out money to move the final.

Correct. It'll be at Hampden.

Hopefully we'll be bothered about that fact.

O'Rourke3
25-04-2021, 08:59 PM
Correct. It'll be at Hampden.

Hopefully we'll be bothered about that fact.Dont think it will. Ground handed over the UEFA around the 9th to prepare the stadium for the Euros.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Del Boy
25-04-2021, 09:06 PM
Has to happen, but with no old firm the SFA won’t give a **** anymore so won’t bother their arse

Keith_M
25-04-2021, 09:06 PM
Dont think it will. Ground handed over the UEFA around the 9th to prepare the stadium for the Euros.

But that's with the agreement that the Cup Final will be at Hampden, with no Fans.

They won't change that.

O'Rourke3
25-04-2021, 09:13 PM
But that's with the agreement that the Cup Final will be at Hampden, with no Fans.

They won't change that.[emoji15] I'd forgotten that bit....

MagicSwirlingShip
25-04-2021, 09:15 PM
Just fill a full stadium full of fans who have had two shots of the vaccine

DH1875
25-04-2021, 09:17 PM
It's mental to think how much we've all wanted to get back to games and yet when some of us finally can, for a cup final none the less, their saying they can't :aok:because of the euros. Play it at tynecastle or if we aren't in it, play it at Easter Rd.

hhibs
25-04-2021, 09:22 PM
It’s not an emergency, it could be if we followed your plan. See Christmas for evidence.

Well said Jones28, some folk just never seem to grasp the dangers of relaxing our guard too soon.

Cruit
25-04-2021, 09:23 PM
Parkhead seems like an easy choice unless they wanted to do a Euros trial.

ElginHibbie
25-04-2021, 09:25 PM
With Rangers out it should 100% be moved to Ibrox or Celtic park, but even if it cost the SFA £1 they'll not do it

Pretty Boy
25-04-2021, 09:26 PM
If there is way to get fans at the game then nothing should be off the table. If that means moving the game away from Hampden then that should be a considered option.

If everyone attending has to take multiple tests in the week before the game then fine. If we have to sit 10 seats away from everyone else then fine. It's still the flagship game in our season and having a few fans in would be a fitting way to end a tough year.

Hibee Mac
25-04-2021, 09:28 PM
The whole thing is a farce. Only 175 cases in the whole of Scotland today, so no emergency. Fans in great numbers should be allowed back into grounds....175 cases today, 1750 tomorrow if we follow your advice.

dp00
25-04-2021, 09:29 PM
Surely Scotland want to trial a game with a decent amount of fans before the euros. The Semis and Final are perfect chance for this, have it at Celtic park or ibrox and you could easily get all season ticket holders in for all the teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbysam
25-04-2021, 09:31 PM
175 cases today, 1750 tomorrow if we follow your advice.

We will see if the cases in north west England or north London rise dramatically in the next 10 days or so....

ElginHibbie
25-04-2021, 09:45 PM
We will see if the cases in north west England or north London rise dramatically in the next 10 days or so....

Don't think anyone is arguing against having similar to what was happening at Wembley today, more the jumping straight to "great numbers" might be an issue

hibbysam
25-04-2021, 09:49 PM
Don't think anyone is arguing against having similar to what was happening at Wembley today, more the jumping straight to "great numbers" might be an issue

Don’t think it would be an issue at all to have 10-15000 in a 60k+ stadium like Parkhead.

Onion
25-04-2021, 09:57 PM
No way should the final be played at Hampden this year.

Neutral stadium with some fans is 10 x better.

ElginHibbie
25-04-2021, 09:59 PM
Don’t think it would be an issue at all to have 10-15000 in a 60k+ stadium like Parkhead.

I 100% agree! Doing it in Glasgow be ideal for police/stewards to get a test run before the Euros

jacomo
25-04-2021, 10:23 PM

But the vaccination programme has reduced the risk massively.

It does seem arbitrary that they can allow 20% capacity for the Euros but not for the cup final. If they were talking about transport issues etc now it could happen.

snedzuk
25-04-2021, 10:29 PM

No-one was vaccinated at Xmas

SteveHFC
25-04-2021, 11:42 PM
100% should be a trial event at the semi finals and the final ahead of the Euro's. Get the games away from Hampden and move to somewhere like Celtic Park or Ibrox and let some fans in.

How would everyone feel if we're still sitting here in 1 year time if we' still can't attend games and other events?

GreenCastle
26-04-2021, 06:39 AM
175 cases today, 1750 tomorrow if we follow your advice.

10,000 fans or less in a 60,000 stadium outside isn’t going to be an issue.

It lazy from the SFA and government. You can order covid tests to your home now which come the next day - many folk have had 2 vaccinations.

We are no longer in a pandemic we are just being overly cautious which is fine to an extent but outdoor events if risk assessed should be allowed. Not asking for full stadiums and trust me I know the effects the virus has had on many the last year but there are options to put on a safe event which they will do for the Euros at Hampden and other parts of Europe in near future.

Col2
26-04-2021, 06:50 AM
Given 3 team out of 4 from east of Scotland and Murrayfield a bigger capacity and far more spread out in terms of access points, this feels like a good opportunity?

We won’t get 10k fans as Scot Govt won’t do that but we might get 7 or 8k like the carrabo cup yesterday at Wembley which had a decent atmosphere given it was English soulless football.

I think the OF not being in HELPs as it eliminates the huge crowds in pubs etc.

Jones28
26-04-2021, 08:17 AM
But the vaccination programme has reduced the risk massively.

It does seem arbitrary that they can allow 20% capacity for the Euros but not for the cup final. If they were talking about transport issues etc now it could happen.

It has, but there are still large numbers of people not vaccinated.

No-one was vaccinated at Xmas

I do think fans should be there, it was the "great numbers" bit I disagreed with.

Jones28
26-04-2021, 08:18 AM
Given 3 team out of 4 from east of Scotland and Murrayfield a bigger capacity and far more spread out in terms of access points, this feels like a good opportunity?

We won’t get 10k fans as Scot Govt won’t do that but we might get 7 or 8k like the carrabo cup yesterday at Wembley which had a decent atmosphere given it was English soulless football.

I think the OF not being in HELPs as it eliminates the huge crowds in pubs etc.

:agree:

If it's us and Dundee United in the final it should definitely be Murrayfield.

lucky
26-04-2021, 08:25 AM
Murrayfield, Ibrox or Parkhead could easily accommodated fans at a reduced level. In fact each stadium could hold socially distanced ST holders of which ever two clubs get to the final. Give both team 11000 each and 1000 to the SFA we have the perfect trial run for the euros. Any left over go to club officials, players families and the usual hangers on. It would also reward for fans who have dug deep during the lockdown.

Since90+2
26-04-2021, 08:28 AM
Murrayfield, Ibrox or Parkhead could easily accommodated fans at a reduced level. In fact each stadium could hold socially distanced ST holders of which ever two clubs get to the final. Give both team 11000 each and 1000 to the SFA we have the perfect trial run for the euros. Any left over go to club officials, players families and the usual hangers on. It would also reward for fans who have dug deep during the lockdown.

They are not going to agree to 23,000 for a match in a months time.

We might get 4000 or 5000 if we are lucky but the majority of that would go to sponsors, hospitality ect so you'd have very very actual season ticket holders in attendance.

hibbyfraelibby
26-04-2021, 08:35 AM

You are right. You don't think

GreenCastle
26-04-2021, 08:46 AM
Scottish FA are tight for money as it is.. they aren’t going to spend any on renting Murrayfield especially since they turned their noses up at them not so long ago for hosting events.

What a boost it would for the game here if we can get a small amount of fans attending the games.

Remember all the previous noise about getting fans back..where has that gone?

Eyrie
26-04-2021, 09:17 AM
Hold it at Parkhead or Ibrox as a test for the Euros.

Attendance howver should be limited to those season ticket holders (of both clubs) who have had both vaccinations, just to be on the safe side :na na:

DH1875
26-04-2021, 09:59 AM

Attendance howver should be limited to those season ticket holders (of both clubs) who have had both vaccinations, just to be on the safe side :na na:

Nah, if they hold it in Glasgow it should be limited to fans who have a G postcode to avoid unnecessary travel.

*I just so happen to have a G postcode :greengrin

O'Rourke3
26-04-2021, 10:06 AM

Attendance howver should be limited to those season ticket holders (of both clubs) who have had both vaccinations, just to be on the safe side :na na:They need to run events at Hampden. Anywhere else has different approaches, entry,exit, toilet facilities etc Another ground might hold the final but its unlikely to have fans.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

hibbysam
26-04-2021, 10:08 AM
You are right. You don't think

Well put argument. Fans returning everywhere, crowded shops are back, restaurants and pubs opened and trading by then, yet we can’t conceivably think it would be safe to have fans in a huge outdoor stadium with plenty space between them all just 3 weeks before having a crowd at Hampden.

hibbysam
26-04-2021, 10:09 AM
They need to run events at Hampden. Anywhere else has different approaches, entry,exit, toilet facilities etc Another ground might hold the final but its unlikely to have fans.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

They don’t need a test event. They’ve already decided Hampden is having fans. No test required.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-04-2021, 10:17 AM
Well put argument. Fans returning everywhere, crowded shops are back, restaurants and pubs opened and trading by then, yet we can’t conceivably think it would be safe to have fans in a huge outdoor stadium with plenty space between them all just 3 weeks before having a crowd at Hampden.

Do folks with this why is football different question not see how different a dynamic football is?

Chains of events before and after including travel en masse. Not quite like nipping into Tesco for a milk, Starbucks for a coffee or The Iona for a beer.
It’s all three and plus more. And some folks tanked up to excess.

The dalmeny
26-04-2021, 10:23 AM
Well said Jones28, some folk just never seem to grasp the dangers of relaxing our guard too soon.

This has been Jones28 agenda throughout, It just needs a wee bit planning and thought to minimise the risk. Unfortunately the SFA would be involved................

O'Rourke3
26-04-2021, 10:26 AM
They don’t need a test event. They’ve already decided Hampden is having fans. No test required.Pretty sure they will run events Where in Scotland has there been an event with 10000 fans, teams, officials, stewards, media etc? It will be part of the permission to ensure what's written down works the way its intended.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

hibbysam
26-04-2021, 10:26 AM
Do folks with this why is football different question not see how different a dynamic football is?

Chains of events before and after including travel en masse. Not quite like nipping into Tesco for a milk, Starbucks for a coffee or The Iona for a beer.

How do you get to those places? I see the differences, one is policed, with set arrival times and set seats, and outdoors, the others are all indoors, no policing at all, and everyone turning up when they want to.

Hibee Mac
26-04-2021, 10:27 AM
10,000 fans or less in a 60,000 stadium outside isn’t going to be an issue.

It lazy from the SFA and government. You can order covid tests to your home now which come the next day - many folk have had 2 vaccinations.

We are no longer in a pandemic we are just being overly cautious which is fine to an extent but outdoor events if risk assessed should be allowed. Not asking for full stadiums and trust me I know the effects the virus has had on many the last year but there are options to put on a safe event which they will do for the Euros at Hampden and other parts of Europe in near future.I don't necessarily disagree with you, my comment was more aimed at the claim that fans should be back in vast numbers and the whole thing was a farce.

hibbysam
26-04-2021, 10:28 AM
Pretty sure they will run events Where in Scotland has there been an event with 10000 fans, teams, officials, stewards, media etc? It will be part of the permission to ensure what's written down works the way its intended.

If they’re having a test event in Hampden with a number of fans (enough to make it a worthwhile test) then I’d be interested to see when. Scotland have no games, the semi finals are next week, Queen’s Park don’t play there anymore.

Hibbyradge
26-04-2021, 10:36 AM
Just fill a full stadium full of fans who have had two shots of the vaccine

Hurrah!

GreenCastle
26-04-2021, 11:50 AM

I think this is an easy excuse.

I’ve seen students and others head to the supermarket on a Saturday evening to get booze while under the influence.

Not everyone who goes to football drinks.

People travel to supermarkets - people are allowed to travel around the U.K. now.

We need to stop living in fear and get back on with life especially now the most vulnerable have been vaccinated twice.

I understand why folk are still on edge but outdoor sport / events etc is different to opening up an enclosed night club for example with no ventilation.

blackpoolhibs
26-04-2021, 12:26 PM
Football is played outdoor, but every ground you go to does have bits of it when you enter that is enclosed and crowds do bunch together there.

Just saying. :greengrin

The dalmeny
26-04-2021, 12:35 PM
Football is played outdoor, but every ground you go to does have bits of it when you enter that is enclosed and crowds do bunch together there.

Just saying. :greengrin

Could all be controlled, just like the queue to get into the supermarket

blackpoolhibs
26-04-2021, 12:40 PM

Aye cause thats worked. :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-04-2021, 12:50 PM
Celtc Park or Ibrox are surely both viable options.

There would be massive push back if soap dispensers need to be put in place.

Robbo6-2
26-04-2021, 12:50 PM
Still waiting on the so called Spike from Rangers fans celebrating??

It's a load of nonsense, we are now in position that over 20% of the population has been fully vaccinated and almost 50% with at least one jab. Trials have shown enough antibodies are produced in your first jab to make you 90% less likely to catch covid. So in simple terms almost 50% of Scotland is covered at present. thats not including the projected vaccination until June.

Its just not right we cannot go and sit outside to watch a football match.

number9dream
26-04-2021, 01:15 PM
Current guidelines are for 500 or 1000 fans in level 2, so that’s just not worth it... Surely the SFA should be lobbying for closer to 10,000 at Murrayfield. Maybe the government will be more amenable now that a Hibs v Rangers final is no longer possible?

BonnieFitbaTeam
26-04-2021, 01:16 PM
Folk are advocating not having the semis at Hampden, having them at Ibrox or Parkhead instead. The point of that would be what, exactly? What am I missing?

GreenCastle
26-04-2021, 01:17 PM
Current guidelines are for 500 or 1000 fans in level 2, so that’s just not worth it... Surely the SFA should be lobbying for closer to 10,000 at Murrayfield. Maybe the government will be more amenable now that a Hibs v Rangers final is no longer possible?

Gyms are open again now - fans at cup final in England.

Even if they are worried and it’s a small amount better than nothing.

1000 Hibs fans is better than nothing. It doesn’t have to be 10,000 or nothing.

number9dream
26-04-2021, 01:23 PM
Gyms are open again now - fans at cup final in England.

Even if they are worried and it’s a small amount better than nothing.

1000 Hibs fans is better than nothing. It doesn’t have to be 10,000 or nothing.

Sorry, I meant not worth it financially for the SFA. Since they’d be out of pocket after renting a stadium & police / stewarding costs.
I just picked 10,000 as an arbitrary number but it would need to make financial sense for a cash strapped governing body.

JeMeSouviens
26-04-2021, 01:31 PM

It's a load of nonsense, we are now in position that over 20% of the population has been fully vaccinated and almost 50% with at least one jab. Trials have shown enough antibodies are produced in your first jab to make you 90% less likely to catch covid. So in simple terms almost 50% of Scotland is covered at present. thats not including the projected vaccination until June.

https://i.ibb.co/q9JGh9T/Screenshot-2021-04-26-at-14-29-00.png

The Hun party ecouraged by Stevie G etc was 6/7 March.

hibbysam
26-04-2021, 01:48 PM
Folk are advocating not having the semis at Hampden, having them at Ibrox or Parkhead instead. The point of that would be what, exactly? What am I missing?

Threads about the cup final, not the semi.

DH1875
26-04-2021, 02:06 PM
The law/rules mean that at least 500 fans are allowed. If even those 500 miss out then it's ridiculous. Play it at Stirling Albion ffs.

BonnieFitbaTeam
26-04-2021, 02:21 PM
Threads about the cup final, not the semi.

My mistake, but same question applies.

Blaster
26-04-2021, 02:33 PM
My mistake, but same question applies.

Can’t have fans at Hampden for the final as it’s under UEFA control by then

Therefore folk are suggesting playing the final at ibrox or Celtic park so some fans could attend

PatHead
26-04-2021, 04:27 PM
Wonder if Hibs could do a beamback to Easter Road with a giant screen and say 1,000 fans for the semi. If we make it through and attendances are still limited maybe 5,000?

Ozyhibby
26-04-2021, 05:04 PM
Wonder if Hibs could do a beamback to Easter Road with a giant screen and say 1,000 fans for the semi. If we make it through and attendances are still limited maybe 5,000?

Why have 1000’s of people huddle round a TV? Seems mental?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
26-04-2021, 05:34 PM

Not sure how popular that would be with no alcohol allowed for the semi. Assuming this would be in BTG or up in hospitality?

PatHead
26-04-2021, 05:39 PM
Not sure how popular that would be with no alcohol allowed for the semi. Assuming this would be in BTG or up in hospitality?

I was thinking of large screens on the pitch with fans in the stands. Would allow us to trial fans in and out of the stadium and have us a bit ahead in time for next season.

Sir David Gray
26-04-2021, 05:47 PM
I was thinking of large screens on the pitch with fans in the stands. Would allow us to trial fans in and out of the stadium and have us a bit ahead in time for next season.

Yes maybe, I can't see that happening though to be honest.

Andy74
26-04-2021, 05:50 PM

Doubt it. They’d be as well just letting us watch the football.

hibee-boys
26-04-2021, 05:58 PM

On a side note, I remember sitting in Murrayfield Ice Rink watching a Hibs game on screens......did I dream that or did it actually happen?😂

PatHead
26-04-2021, 06:02 PM
On a side note, I remember sitting in Murrayfield Ice Rink watching a Hibs game on screens......did I dream that or did it actually happen?😂

Think it was Stirling away in the cup?

G15 Hibs
26-04-2021, 06:03 PM
Think it was Stirling away in the cup?

Stenhousemuir

Carheenlea
26-04-2021, 06:15 PM
Listening to the podcast from Saturdays Off the Ball, professor Jason Leitch was gleefully dampening any hopes of having much more than the 500 permitted as things stand.

Billy Whizz
26-04-2021, 06:27 PM
Listening to the podcast from Saturdays Off the Ball, professor Jason Leitch was gleefully dampening any hopes of having much more than the 500 permitted as things stand.

That’s nearly all the 500 or so who signed up for this seasons, away season ticket sorted😀

SQHib
26-04-2021, 06:30 PM

I know ... and yet a week before the English FA cup final plans to have 21,000 fans - and three weeks later there will be 12,000 at the scotland game at hampden .... you couldn't make it up

SteveHFC
26-04-2021, 06:31 PM
That’s nearly all the 500 or so who signed up for this seasons, away season ticket sorted😀

I agree.:hyper

Since90+2
26-04-2021, 06:35 PM

The sad thing is if we did get 500 tickets probably none would go to a standard season ticket holder (home or away). That would to go sponsors, hospitality and players allocation.

hhibs
26-04-2021, 11:11 PM
100% should be a trial event at the semi finals and the final ahead of the Euro's. Get the games away from Hampden and move to somewhere like Celtic Park or Ibrox and let some fans in.

How would everyone feel if we're still sitting here in 1 year time if we' still can't attend games and other events?

Not really thought that through have you.:rolleyes:

hhibs
26-04-2021, 11:15 PM
https://i.ibb.co/q9JGh9T/Screenshot-2021-04-26-at-14-29-00.png

The Hun party ecouraged by Stevie G etc was 6/7 March.

Point well made.[/I]

hibbysam
27-04-2021, 05:02 AM
Won’t matter anyway, the SFA have said it would cost them money so **** the fans. Sooner there is change at the top of our game the better. Unbelievable.

Peevemor
27-04-2021, 05:41 AM
Won’t matter anyway, the SFA have said it would cost them money so **** the fans. Sooner there is change at the top of our game the better. Unbelievable.Was the SFA not pretty skint before Covid (Hampden purchase)? They'll have been affected like everyone else with lack of gate receipts, etc. I don't see what's unbelievable.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-04-2021, 06:56 AM
By now hopefully we’ve learned why following data is better than following a plan. And the evolving nature of viruses.

The lag factor and new variants and not stopping flights from red countries immediately just another farcical chapter in this sorry excuse for a UK Govt (we can shut our own borders tho right?)

The virus is still sloshing around. A kid at my sons school just tested positive. With lag that will have been the Easter hols effect.

There are no data (as far as I can see ?) on long covid. It not just about dying .

I heard there was an open letter from scientists responding to calls to speed up controlled access to stuff.

I guess you trust them or you don’t.

Some said it was over last year - it wasn’t. And we got a surge after folks went on holidays. We now have the Indian and Brazilian variants which are claiming younger and younger lives.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/covid-restrictions-lockdown-roadmap-rules-latest-b1837680.html

Phil MaGlass
27-04-2021, 07:08 AM
By now hopefully we’ve learned why following data is better than following a plan. And the evolving nature of viruses.

The lag factor and new variants and not stopping flights from red countries immediately just another farcical chapter in this sorry excuse for a UK Govt (we can shut our own borders tho right?)

The virus is still sloshing around. A kid at my sons school just tested positive. With lag that will have been the Easter hols effect.

There are no data (as far as I can see ?) on long covid. It not just about dying .

I heard there was an open letter from scientists responding to calls to speed up controlled access to stuff.

Some said it was over last year - it wasn’t. And we got a surge after folks went on holidays. We now have the Indian and Brazilian variants which are claiming younger and younger lives.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/covid-restrictions-lockdown-roadmap-rules-latest-b1837680.html

Aye and some folk want full stadiums, yi couldnae make it up. If ah canne get tae a final, so what, safety first, we havent got to where we are now in Scotland because we threw everything open. Scotland has done it the right way.

Billy Whizz
27-04-2021, 07:20 AM
One of the issues using a stadium other than Hampden is, clubs may well be ripping up their pitches, as the season has ended

Blaster
27-04-2021, 07:22 AM
One of the issues using a stadium other than Hampden is, clubs may well be ripping up their pitches, as the season has ended

Apparently the SFA looked into getting ibrox, Celtic park and tynecastle and they all said no for this reason

Murrayfield too but they have a rugger game that day

hibbysam
27-04-2021, 07:29 AM
Was the SFA not pretty skint before Covid (Hampden purchase)? They'll have been affected like everyone else with lack of gate receipts, etc. I don't see what's unbelievable.

The fact there was a clear plan down south, a working group set up, a clear pathway agreed between FA and government to host trials, gather data, and work their way back. 7 short days before our cup final they will have 20k+ at their final, while we have 0. Up here there’s been absolutely nothing done until the euros when they boom straight back into 20% crowds.

Fans are allowed back by then yet are being locked out, absolutely nobody to blame for that but the SFA.

bingo70
27-04-2021, 07:41 AM
Apparently the SFA looked into getting ibrox, Celtic park and tynecastle and they all said no for this reason

Murrayfield too but they have a rugger game that day

I feel a bit better about it knowing that they’ve at least investigated the possibility of moving it to somewhere so fans can get in. The reasons why they can’t all seem reasonable enough to me.

Peevemor
27-04-2021, 07:43 AM
The fact there was a clear plan down south, a working group set up, a clear pathway agreed between FA and government to host trials, gather data, and work their way back. 7 short days before our cup final they will have 20k+ at their final, while we have 0. Up here there’s been absolutely nothing done until the euros when they boom straight back into 20% crowds.

Fans are allowed back by then yet are being locked out, absolutely nobody to blame for that but the SFA.

Before you were blaming money - now it's apparently other stuff.

Make your mind up.

Is it down to the SFA or the Scottish Government? Do you know for sure?

AugustaHibs
27-04-2021, 07:55 AM

Having a few thousand people in a stadium isn’t going to cause covid to spread.

In Ireland they estimate that 0.1% of cases are transmitted outside.

The virus is at such a low rate just now there’s no reason we can’t do it, we have to get moving sooner rather than later.

bingo70
27-04-2021, 08:27 AM
Having a few thousand people in a stadium isn’t going to cause covid to spread.

In Ireland they estimate that 0.1% of cases are transmitted outside.

The virus is at such a low rate just now there’s no reason we can’t do it, we have to get moving sooner rather than later.

I agree with you.

The weekend Rangers won the league there would have been sash bashes going on all over the country with thousands of people in each other’s houses, that’s before you talk about the gatherings in the centre of Glasgow. Was there any noticeable spike after that? Not that I’ve heard of.

The most vulnerable have been vaccinated, we can’t protect everybody from everything for ever and to me it now needs to be treated the same as a seasonal flu, like the guy Leitch has said all along we will need to do.

The comparisons with India doesn’t stand up to any scrutiny from what I can see. With the poor hygiene that comes from high levels of poverty, cramped living conditions and vaccine roll out being nowhere near the same level as us I just don’t see any comparison with them as being valid.

Keith_M
27-04-2021, 08:56 AM
Surely if it's safe to have 12,000 people at Hampden for the Euros game, it's safe to have the same number of people for the Cup Final only three weeks earlier.

Only problem is, it's the SFA that have totally messed up by prioritising the Euros game over our own domestic Cup Final

DH1875
27-04-2021, 08:59 AM
I feel a bit better about it knowing that they’ve at least investigated the possibility of moving it to somewhere so fans can get in. The reasons why they can’t all seem reasonable enough to mue.

I'm not so sure about that and even if they did, hearts and rangers wouldn't do them any favours. Did they contact us around about the same time? If we don't make the final, play it at Easter Rd. If their only gonna allow 1k fans in then must be a stadium somewhere they could play it. Partick Thistle, Livingston, Clyde, Falkirk, Dundee or even Stirling Albion would do.
Utter farce that fans will be allowed in but yet aren't.

Peevemor
27-04-2021, 09:01 AM
Surely if it's safe to have 12,000 people at Hampden for the Euros game, it's safe to have the same number of people for the Cup Final only three weeks earlier.

Only problem is, it's the SFA that have totally messed up by prioritising the Euros game over our own domestic Cup Final

Have they messed up? They may have done but they also may have tried their hardest to get fans in for the final.

In any case, the way the figures are going, 3 weeks makes a huge difference.

It's never great to criticise without knowing the facts.

Chorley Hibee
27-04-2021, 09:02 AM

They're painting this as decisions being made on a public health basis, but the truth is there will be 12,000 at the Euros because UEFA threatened to take it elsewhere if they didn't.

DH1875
27-04-2021, 09:04 AM
Have they messed up? They may have done but they also may have tried their hardest to get fans in for the final.

2k/3k fans and play it at a smaller venue.

bingo70
27-04-2021, 09:08 AM
I'm not so sure about that and even if they did, hearts and rangers wouldn't do them any favours. Did they contact us around about the same time? If we don't make the final, play it at Easter Rd. If their only gonna allow 1k fans in then must be a stadium somewhere they could play it. Partick Thistle, Livingston, Clyde, Falkirk, Dundee or even Stirling Albion would do.
Utter farce that fans will be allowed in but yet aren't.

I think for the Scottish cup it needs to be in a decent sized venue, even if it is going to be empty.

Playing it at somewhere like Almondvale would have a junior cup feel about it and for the amount of fans it would allow in it hardly seems worth it.

Never in a million years would it happen but somewhere a bit different like St James park, Sunderland’s Stadium of light or even the Riverside would be class I think.

English played their cup finals in Wales while Wembley was unavailable so it’s not entirely unheard of for that to happen.

hibbyfraelibby
27-04-2021, 09:10 AM

Have you seen the state of the queues outside Morrisons😉

hibbyfraelibby
27-04-2021, 09:13 AM

That spike actually happened and delayed the timetable for move from L4 to L3 by 3 weeks. Scotland as a whole could have been a L2 by now on the numbers if it wasnt for the loyalust celebrations in their heartlands...and L2 would have allows limited numbers of fans back and its now sheduled for after last game oth the season

Stairway 2 7
27-04-2021, 09:14 AM
Surely a 3 weeks turnaround is fine between cup final and euros for fans in both. If the fa Cup final is having 21,000 the end of May then fans for the euros?

hibbyfraelibby
27-04-2021, 09:16 AM

It happened and it was so bad it never happened again!

Stairway 2 7
27-04-2021, 09:19 AM
That spike actually happened and delayed the timetable for move from L4 to L3 by 3 weeks. Scotland as a whole could have been a L2 by now on the numbers if it wasnt for the loyalust celebrations in their heartlands...and L2 would have allows limited numbers of fans back and its now sheduled for after last game oth the season
No chance the so called spike (more of a tiny bump as the cases have plummeted since February) happened a few days after the celebrations. It takes about 10 days for infections to happen. Texas has 60,000 stadiums full over 3 weeks ago and cases falling . It seems to not transmit outside. US studies show 1 in 1000 cases spread outside

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2021, 09:23 AM
I think for the Scottish cup it needs to be in a decent sized venue, even if it is going to be empty.

Playing it at somewhere like Almondvale would have a junior cup feel about it and for the amount of fans it would allow in it hardly seems worth it.

Never in a million years would it happen but somewhere a bit different like St James park, Sunderland’s Stadium of light or even the Riverside would be class I think.

English played their cup finals in Wales while Wembley was unavailable so it’s not entirely unheard of for that to happen.:top marks

Keith_M
27-04-2021, 09:26 AM

I'm sorry mate but I have to disagree.

The decision to have fans at the Euros wasn't 'based on science' or the usual 'data driven' argument. This was a purely cynical decision, by both the SFA and the SG, because they were determined to have the Euros game and gave in to pressure from UEFA to allow fans in.

They have already admitted that the only reason they can't have fans at the Cup Final is because UEFA will have technically take over the stadium by that point and will be performing 'preparation' work for the Euros games.

hibbyfraelibby
27-04-2021, 09:27 AM
No chance the so called spike (more of a tiny bump as the cases have plummeted since February) happened a few days after the celebrations. It takes about 10 days for infections to happen. Texas has 60,000 stadiums full over 3 weeks ago and cases falling . It seems to not transmit outside. US studies show 1 in 1000 cases spread outside

Go back and look at the actual data and you will see a double "bump" as you call it in March across Scotland but in specific local authority areas with a loyalist tradition you will see some more substantial "foot hills" for example in West Lothian were infection rate numbers which were bordering on medium L2 jumped back to L4 rates.

Stairway 2 7
27-04-2021, 09:28 AM

English played their cup finals in Wales while Wembley was unavailable so it’s not entirely unheard of for that to happen.

St James is a good shout. It's a lot closer to Perth than it is to London when they get to Wembley

Stairway 2 7
27-04-2021, 09:34 AM
Go back and look at the actual data and you will see a double "bump" as you call it in March across Scotland but in specific local authority areas with a loyalist tradition you will see some more substantial "foot hills" for example in West Lothian were infection rate numbers which were bordering on medium L2 jumped back to L4 rates.

I have the biggest bump in the figures was the 10th of March. That's a couple of days after the celebrations so totally unconnected. It then maintained for 2 weeks before it dropped fast. The shape of uk curve exactly matches at the same dates. As much as I hate the huns and would love to blame them the facts are there

AugustaHibs
27-04-2021, 09:40 AM
I agree with you.

The weekend Rangers won the league there would have been sash bashes going on all over the country with thousands of people in each other’s houses, that’s before you talk about the gatherings in the centre of Glasgow. Was there any noticeable spike after that? Not that I’ve heard of.

The most vulnerable have been vaccinated, we can’t protect everybody from everything for ever and to me it now needs to be treated the same as a seasonal flu, like the guy Leitch has said all along we will need to do.

The comparisons with India doesn’t stand up to any scrutiny from what I can see. With the poor hygiene that comes from high levels of poverty, cramped living conditions and vaccine roll out being nowhere near the same level as us I just don’t see any comparison with them as being valid.

Yup. Always looking at the most negative comparisons. We are far more like israel than India but that won’t be mentioned

Since90+2
27-04-2021, 09:43 AM

Great idea. St James Park would be brilliant.

Newcastle are away the weekend of the final too.

bingo70
27-04-2021, 09:44 AM
Yup. Always looking at the most negative comparisons. We are far more like israel than India but that won’t be mentioned

How is life in Israel looking now do you know?

Are they back to normal?

Sir David Gray
27-04-2021, 09:49 AM
How is life in Israel looking now do you know?

Are they back to normal?

Not back to normal but certainly well on their way.

https://www.israelhayom.com/2021/04/09/israel-further-rolls-back-covid-restrictions-increasing-capacity-at-cultural-sporting-events/

JeMeSouviens
27-04-2021, 10:00 AM

Incubation time is generally quoted at 2-14 days with symptoms generally appearing at 5-6. But some of the testing is routine and so will pick people up before they have symptoms or if they stay asymptomatic.
The UK equivalent curve flattens about the same time but doesn't bump up (and remember UK includes Scottish/NI and diasporic Eng/Wal based Huns). Add in that the strongest increases are in central and west central Scotland and Belfast.

The "Hun bump" from 10th March fits the facts.

Fwiw, I think Hun house parties rather than Hun al fresco sash bashing are more likely to have been the real problem.

Stairway 2 7
27-04-2021, 10:13 AM
Incubation time is generally quoted at 2-14 days with symptoms generally appearing at 5-6. But some of the testing is routine and so will pick people up before they have symptoms or if they stay asymptomatic.
The UK equivalent curve flattens about the same time but doesn't bump up (and remember UK includes Scottish/NI and diasporic Eng/Wal based Huns). Add in that the strongest increases are in central and west central Scotland and Belfast.

The "Hun bump" from 10th March fits the facts.

Fwiw, I think Hun house parties rather than Hun al fresco sash bashing are more likely to have been the real problem.

The bump came on the 10th and stayed there for only 2 weeks. On the 10th that's tests from the 9th. 2 days after the celebrations. Its beyond clutching at straws to blame it. 95% of symptoms start from days 5 to 7 . That is also when testing starts to pick up a positive, hence 2 tests after arriving in the country. The bump was from at least a week before

Stairway 2 7
27-04-2021, 10:18 AM
Not back to normal but certainly well on their way.

https://www.israelhayom.com/2021/04/09/israel-further-rolls-back-covid-restrictions-increasing-capacity-at-cultural-sporting-events/

Opened up more since then, masks only needed at indoor events and restrictions on numbers ended yesterday. 80 cases and 1 death yesterday 9 million population 62% have had 1 dose were at 51

27-04-2021, 10:19 AM

Did 500 sign up for the AST? It was only 200-250 the year before I think

Onion
27-04-2021, 10:31 AM
Would be a lot easier to accept decision not to allow fans at the Final IF you thought they'd made every effort to make it happen. For example, they'd fully considered moving the match to another stadium, with limited numbers and even restricted it to those that have had 2 x vax (ie old codgers and NHS workers).

But, suspect this would be too much work and not worth the effort for a devalued competition.

hibbysam
27-04-2021, 10:40 AM
Before you were blaming money - now it's apparently other stuff.

Make your mind up.

Is it down to the SFA or the Scottish Government? Do you know for sure?

It’s the SFA themselves that have reportedly said it would cost them money hence why they ain’t doing it. The Scottish government have clear minimum criteria, at that date fans are allowed. The only input the government would have is if they wanted more fans, it would need to be put before the SG.

Had they had a full plan like in England, starting off with a game with just 4K fans, then rising to 8k, and all going well rising to 20k (obviously with our own figures) I’m sure the SG would have been more than willing to listen and engage.

Not sure what other stuff I’ve blamed 😂

Pagan Hibernia
27-04-2021, 11:31 AM
Ah well. Disappointing but it is what it is.

let’s just get there first and then win the ****** thing!

lord bunberry
27-04-2021, 11:58 AM
Looks like I’ll be watching it indoors in the pub then.

Col2
27-04-2021, 12:04 PM

I love in Midlothian. 98k people live in Midlothian. We have a rate of 3 people over 7 days getting infected. 3 people so probably one family a week. I am not asking to go to a packed indoor concert. I am asking to go to a stadium outdoor which is 15-20% capacity and distanced from other people again outside. Happy to be tested and already vaccinated.

Tell me again why that’s unreasonable? It can’t be the oh so dangerous but not quite sure variants over the next undefined period can it be?

Col2
27-04-2021, 12:10 PM
Would be a lot easier to accept decision not to allow fans at the Final IF you thought they'd made every effort to make it happen. For example, they'd fully considered moving the match to another stadium, with limited numbers and even restricted it to those that have had 2 x vax (ie old codgers and NHS workers).

But, suspect this would be too much work and not worth the effort for a devalued competition.

Yup 100%. The EUROs were heading this way until publicity and major damage to Scot Govt was on the horizon. The Scottish cup final is a drop in the ocean and I suspect the media won’t bat an eye lid given the uglies are out.

Mon Dieu4
27-04-2021, 12:13 PM
Looks like I’ll be watching it indoors in the pub then.

Better get on that asap, I know a few places that are all ticket on the final day already, I'm sorted for it

lord bunberry
27-04-2021, 12:15 PM
Better get on that asap, I know a few places that are all ticket on the final day already, I'm sorted for it
I know, I think most places will be doing that.

27-04-2021, 12:51 PM

Where?

poolman
27-04-2021, 02:05 PM
On the Edinburgh Live site It's been reported that Hertz have turned down an approach from the SFA to have the game at the PBS

Pity, it would have been lovely to pick the trophy there 😁

Col2
27-04-2021, 02:14 PM
On the Edinburgh Live site It's been reported that Hertz have turned down an approach from the SFA to have the game at the PBS

Missed the opportunity of a real money spinner. I expect Budge to make a big announcement about it and include “taking our medicine” or similar forgetting about the fact that they went out to Brora Rangers 🤣

JohnM1875
27-04-2021, 02:14 PM

That would have been amazing as well! Can see why they knocked the approach back though.

Onceinawhile
27-04-2021, 02:16 PM
That would have been amazing as well! Can see why they knocked the approach back though.

Essential maintenance, painting the trusses on their stands apparently.

Because one day will make all the difference.

Crapped the bed in case we won it.

Keith_M
27-04-2021, 02:41 PM
I think I'm going to stop moaning about not being able to attend in person and just start looking forward to the Semi Final.

:greengrin

Stairway 2 7
27-04-2021, 02:43 PM

Would feel like an under 17s final if it was played at that decrepit **** hole

O'Rourke3
27-04-2021, 02:43 PM

Pity, it would have been lovely to pick the trophy there [emoji16]Why would anyone want to play a National final on a half size pitch?

JohnM1875
27-04-2021, 02:58 PM
Essential maintenance, painting the trusses on their stands apparently.

Because one day will make all the difference.

Crapped the bed in case we won it.

100% the reason. If we weren't involved they'd be lapping it up that their rank wee stadium was asked to host a national cup final.

Peevemor
27-04-2021, 03:02 PM
100% the reason. If we weren't involved they'd be lapping it up that their rank wee stadium was asked to host a national cup final.

Except if we weren't involved they would have asked us before them.

JohnM1875
27-04-2021, 03:04 PM
Except if we weren't involved they would have asked us before them.

Very true! Excellent point.

at last 61
27-04-2021, 03:10 PM

Bigger stadium more people watching a bit of the snooker and there was quite a few fans in there and obviously it's inside have a raffle or something similar to win tickets for the semi final and hopefully the final the money raised would help pay for the security etc

WhileTheChief..
27-04-2021, 04:41 PM
Budge trying to win some fans back onside.

Hibs would refuse to play the cup final in that hole anyways.

Col2
27-04-2021, 05:53 PM
It really makes me mad. Regardless of us making the final or not, BBC Sportsound talked about it tonight and made the point that the crucible hope to have full capacity INDOOR 1000 fans at the snooker final in a few days. What the actual *****

In additional Wembley will have significant crowds for fa cup final (just before our cup final) and for the play off finals (AFTER) the Scottish cup final. This is Wembley who is hosting several games in EUROs so clearly UEFA haven’t taken over the stadium or have let the FA and League go ahead with games with crowds.

Meanwhile in sleepy Scotland we accept the bare minimum. A Scot Govt who will provide next to no support and a Football Association that is amateur and frankly lazed assed pricks who do nothing proactively.

And to be clear even if we do make the final and even if we do have fans and if I was lucky to get a ticket I can’t go as away that weekend so I am have no self interest!

What are Hibs doing about this? Are we even asking the question?

Onion
27-04-2021, 07:08 PM
It really makes me mad. Regardless of us making the final or not, BBC Sportsound talked about it tonight and made the point that the crucible hope to have full capacity INDOOR 1000 fans at the snooker final in a few days. What the actual *****

In additional Wembley will have significant crowds for fa cup final (just before our cup final) and for the play off finals (AFTER) the Scottish cup final. This is Wembley who is hosting several games in EUROs so clearly UEFA haven’t taken over the stadium or have let the FA and League go ahead with games with crowds.

Meanwhile in sleepy Scotland we accept the bare minimum. A Scot Govt who will provide next to no support and a Football Association that is amateur and frankly lazed assed pricks who do nothing proactively.

And to be clear even if we do make the final and even if we do have fans and if I was lucky to get a ticket I can’t go as away that weekend so I am have no self interest!

Am with you. Looks like the SFA have been sitting on their arse and left it too late to shift the match from Hampden. Celtic, Sevco and Hearts have all got the hump and don't want any part of it.

Looks like the pub and celebrating our socially distant heads off in the streets of Edinburgh post match might be all we're left with.

green day
27-04-2021, 07:38 PM

Wild guess but concentrating on the semi final and not getting ahead of ourselves?

18Craig75
27-04-2021, 07:55 PM

Not sure you’re justified in directing your ire towards Scot Gov. They’ve put the levels in place and clearly stated the 500 number can be increased on request. The Euro’s are getting 25%, so I think it’s a fair assumption to make that we’d also get 25%.

This is 100% on the SFA not having the appetite to get some fans in. Even if it was only 500 it would still be worth the effort. It’s obviously a money thing for them, remember a few months back when they were calling out the government for not letting fans in, even going as far to say it was a “political” decision. Where’s that rhetoric now when there’s an actual mechanism in place for getting fans in!!

The 4 semi finalists should be all over this and speaking out, without fans there’s no SFA, they’d do well to remember that.

Why not have 2 plans...Hibs win = games at Tannadice. Dundee Utd win = Games at ER. Simple

Northernhibee
27-04-2021, 08:21 PM

I don't know if you've noticed but down south there was a government who would rather that people "took it on the chin" and were prepared to let bodies pile high in their thousands rather than do the right thing, and a six figure number of people died.

It's probably not the best idea to compare what we're doing to what they're doing.

hibbysam
27-04-2021, 08:48 PM
I don't know if you've noticed but down south there was a government who would rather that people "took it on the chin" and were prepared to let bodies pile high in their thousands rather than do the right thing, and a six figure number of people died.

It's probably not the best idea to compare what we're doing to what they're doing.

That doesn’t mean they’ve got everything wrong or that we’ve got everything right though. The stadia side of things seems to have been well thought out, increasing gradually, and taking stock at each point making sure procedures entry/exit/seating etc all work and changing at each stage, and also making sure data is collected at every opportunity. Up here it’s been a ****show, complete and utter.

tamig
27-04-2021, 08:50 PM

Plenty on here happy to do so.

Bristolhibby
27-04-2021, 08:50 PM

I like sticking the boot into the Tories as much as the next man, but how many deaths today? 17, down 20% from the previous week. 50% of the U.K. vaccinated once, 25% second dose.

Surely we need to get on with life now? It’s scary, we’ve been in lockdown for 13 months. I’ve got a bit of Stockholm syndrome with the virus. I’ve been to the office 3 times in a year.

Surely we can have fans outside watching sport?

J

Moulin Yarns
27-04-2021, 09:11 PM
I like sticking the boot into the Tories as much as the next man, but how many deaths today? 17, down 20% from the previous week. 50% of the U.K. vaccinated once, 25% second dose.

Surely we need to get on with life now? It’s scary, we’ve been in lockdown for 13 months. I’ve got a bit of Stockholm syndrome with the virus. I’ve been to the office 3 times in a year.

J

My wife works in non essential retail, and she certainly hasn't been in lockdown for 13 months!!! She has been furloughed for 7 of the last 13 months.

Northernhibee
27-04-2021, 09:21 PM

J
Out of interest, have you received a vaccine yet?

Viva_Palmeiras
27-04-2021, 09:26 PM
Is the stadiums be “outside” the red herring?

Is it not the risks around the concourse, stairs and more specifically the risk level around toilets that’s the real challenge?

JimBHibees
27-04-2021, 09:28 PM

Why would we want to play at such a ludicrously small pitch

Moulin Yarns
27-04-2021, 09:30 PM

Is it not the risks around the concourse, stairs and more specifically the risk level around toilets that’s the real challenge?

Yep. There seems to be a belief that supporters can teleport into the seats. 😉

Carheenlea
27-04-2021, 09:31 PM
Why would we want to play at such a ludicrously small pitch

I’m not convinced the suggestion of a Tynecastle Final was entirely serious. Or at least I hope it wasn’t.

Andy74
27-04-2021, 09:34 PM

I understand that most evidence still points to the fact that brief interactions, even in enclosed spaces is very low risk. Probably best not spending 15 minutes trying to piss, but otherwise, it shouldn’t be a major factor.

GreenCastle
27-04-2021, 09:40 PM

If you look for excuses / problems in life you will find them.

I feel more uncomfortable going to the supermarket than I would going to a toilet at Hampden - especially if it’s less capacity - meaning less people going to the toilets (as I know when full they are awful)!

Hibs could do a 1 way system in the East stand toilets - worst case scenario bring in portaloos - have them at back of east stand.

I’m not even fussed they aren’t allowed 10,000 in to the ground.

Just 3 or 4 thousand spread out would be fine and even make it alcohol free as the conditions if folk are that worried.

It’s poor from the SFA but no surprise - it’s also poor from the government who are showing inconsistencies letting thousands attend Hampden a few weeks later !!

Bristolhibby
27-04-2021, 10:02 PM
Out of interest, have you received a vaccine yet?

Nope, 40 so must be soon. My wife is a Teacher in Swindon and she got called up in the reserve programme.

J

Bristolhibby
27-04-2021, 10:05 PM
My wife works in non essential retail, and she certainly hasn't been in lockdown for 13 months!!! She has been furloughed for 7 of the last 13 months.

Oh I know not everyone’s in the same boat. I’ve been WFH since March 20. Point I’m making is we must be at the stage where going to the football is achievable.

J

Stuart93
27-04-2021, 10:07 PM
Oh I know not everyone’s in the same boat. I’ve been WFH since March 20. Point I’m making is we must be at the stage where going to the football is achievable.

J

It’s definitely achievable even at this point but their has to be a will to make it happen, doesn’t seem like that’s the case from our footballing authorities or the government

There’s the league cup final down south had fans and the FA cup final going to have up to 21,000 fans yet the SC final still set to be played behind closed doors? Absolute joke.

plhibs
27-04-2021, 10:18 PM
I’m not convinced the suggestion of a Tynecastle Final was entirely serious. Or at least I hope it wasn’t.

You could be right about that. They probably knew that our maroon chum(p)s would be up in arms about that, and i don't think Hibs would have been very happy either.:greengrin

bingo70
27-04-2021, 10:25 PM
Why can’t they use Easter Road?

They used Celtic park the year hampden wasn’t available, presumably Celtic could have got to the final that year?!

*if they never picked Celtic park until they were knocked out then that argument doesn’t stack up, don’t think that’s the case though?

Sir David Gray
27-04-2021, 10:30 PM
Why can’t they use Easter Road?

They used Celtic park the year hampden wasn’t available, presumably Celtic could have got to the final that year?!

*if they never picked Celtic park until they were knocked out then that argument doesn’t stack up, don’t think that’s the case though?

Parkhead was picked for the 13/14 final in October 2013.

Ibrox was also picked for the semi finals at the same time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24740105

Northernhibee
28-04-2021, 07:11 AM

Also a lot of people returning to work as of this week will be in the age groups that have not been vaccinated. Add to that an almost bullheadedness from some in older age groups who have been vaccinated, completely forgetting that they can still transmit the virus and there still needs to be protection for those exposed to it.

England are providing a perfect little case study for us just now.

Argylehibby
28-04-2021, 07:37 AM
Seems to me the folk that run our game thought we can use Parkhead for the Rangers final but when they got pumped out they couldn’t be bothered trying to sort something out.

28-04-2021, 07:44 AM
It’s incredible how many people don’t understand exponential growth.

Jones28
28-04-2021, 07:46 AM
This has been Jones28 agenda throughout, It just needs a wee bit planning and thought to minimise the risk. Unfortunately the SFA would be involved................

Yes, weirdly enough not killing people via deadly virus has been my "agenda" throughout.

AugustaHibs
28-04-2021, 07:49 AM
Also a lot of people returning to work as of this week will be in the age groups that have not been vaccinated. Add to that an almost bullheadedness from some in older age groups who have been vaccinated, completely forgetting that they can still transmit the virus and there still needs to be protection for those exposed to it.

England are providing a perfect little case study for us just now.

Studies have shown that transmission is incredibly unlikely from someone vaccinated

CentreLine
28-04-2021, 07:52 AM

J

I think you’re missing the point that the government more or less did allow the bodies to pile high. Despite all the coverage of dreadful things happening across the world right now and lots of deflection stories from Downing Street, we in the UK still have the fifth worst body count in the world. Right up there tucked in behind the USA, Brazil, India and Mexico.
If official figures were to be believed we are still only 80,000 behind India .

Since90+2
28-04-2021, 08:30 AM
Perhaps the covid chat can be kept to the thread in the holy ground?

The main forum is sometimes a sanctuary from the neverending bleakness of covid 19 news and chat.

Personally I'd like this part of the football to be free from that.

JohnMcM
28-04-2021, 08:35 AM

Apparently it was a serious thought. According to the MSM they turned down the request from the SFA.

Bostonhibby
28-04-2021, 08:39 AM
I’m not convinced the suggestion of a Tynecastle Final was entirely serious. Or at least I hope it wasn’t.Another poor decision by Budge to not at least try to see how top flight football teams cope with her latest choice of never seen before grass and their unusually small pitch.

bingo70
28-04-2021, 08:48 AM
Perhaps the covid chat can be kept to the thread in the holy ground?

The main forum is sometimes a sanctuary from the neverending bleakness of covid 19 news and chat.

Personally I'd like this part of the football to be free from that.

The fact that it’s covid from keeping us from entering the stadium suggests it’s a relevant topic of conversation don’t you think?

Since90+2
28-04-2021, 08:55 AM
The fact that it’s covid from keeping us from entering the stadium suggests it’s a relevant topic of conversation don’t you think?

Not when it gets to the point of discussing the relative death rates in Mexico,India ect and potential Stockholm syndrome, then no, I don't think it has any relevance to fans attending games in football stadiums in Scotland.

Northernhibee
28-04-2021, 09:12 AM
Studies have shown that transmission is incredibly unlikely from someone vaccinated

But not impossible, and it takes a bit of time for the antibodies to work.

For the sake of one match, it’s worth seeing what happens elsewhere and looking to start the new season with fans, confident in the safety of all.

bingo70
28-04-2021, 09:20 AM
Not when it gets to the point of discussing the relative death rates in Mexico,India ect and potential Stockholm syndrome, then no, I don't think it has any relevance to fans attending games in football stadiums in Scotland.

Of course it’s relevant.

It’s the reason we are being kept out of stadiums. Relative death rates in other countries are one of the reasons we are not opening up the country quicker so merits discussion.

Diclonius
28-04-2021, 09:21 AM

Yeah, I can kinda see why.

Since90+2
28-04-2021, 09:27 AM
Of course it’s relevant.

It’s the reason we are being kept out of stadiums. Relative death rates in other countries are one of the reasons we are not opening up the country quicker so merits discussion.

What's happening in Mexico really isn't relative to here. The thread is what it is now though so I'll gracefully bow out and allow that kind of chat to continue.

Onion
28-04-2021, 09:38 AM

Read a fig of 2000 max being allowed into the PBS if they had agreed. IMOnot worth the effort and hassle. If restricted to 10%, then only 3 grounds worth considering - and there all said no.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-04-2021, 10:00 AM
If you look for excuses / problems in life you will find them.

I feel more uncomfortable going to the supermarket than I would going to a toilet at Hampden - especially if it’s less capacity - meaning less people going to the toilets (as I know when full they are awful)!

Hibs could do a 1 way system in the East stand toilets - worst case scenario bring in portaloos - have them at back of east stand.

I’m not even fussed they aren’t allowed 10,000 in to the ground.

Just 3 or 4 thousand spread out would be fine and even make it alcohol free as the conditions if folk are that worried.

It’s poor from the SFA but no surprise - it’s also poor from the government who are showing inconsistencies letting thousands attend Hampden a few weeks later !!

I’m trying to make sense of what’s been presented to us by the scientists.

Is this apparent “inconsistency” to pave the way for ensuring “no surprises” before the Euros?
But I agree greater transparency and communication around the specific issues wouldn’t go amiss.

If you look at the infection rates per capita were far from perfect so there is a need to balance things - keeping the virus in check with the impact that has on so many other levels.

I’m with the likes of David Snowden (complexity theory guy that Donald Rumsfeld ripped off on the unknown/uknowns speech).

The UK government is a death cult - just because England does something doesn’t mean we should follow suit. I certainly don’t want the bodies piled high. He’s made bad choices at each turn. Anyway put a pin in the politics

CockneyRebel
28-04-2021, 10:33 AM

I have seen articles stating that the risk is low but not stated anywhere as strongly as incredibly unlikely. Things are steadily improving so the roll out should stay apace. I feel we are almost there, which has been achieved with this approach, so why risk the progress gained for the sake of a few months. I am concerned that many un-vaccinated folk are returning to work this week and I hope this does not bite us on the *rse.

bingo70
28-04-2021, 10:40 AM
I have seen articles stating that the risk is low but not stated anywhere as strongly as incredibly unlikely. Things are steadily improving so the roll out should stay apace. I feel we are almost there, which has been achieved with this approach, so why risk the progress gained for the sake of a few months. I am concerned that many un-vaccinated folk are returning to work this week and I hope this does not bite us on the *rse.

After over a year of various lockdowns another few months is a long time still for people not earning, struggling with mental health difficulties or who’s livelihoods are being ruined.

hibbysam
28-04-2021, 10:40 AM

What’s worrying about people returning to work? Cases are always going to rise when things open, the difference being the majority of those greatly affected are vaccinated therefore the overall risk is minor.

WhileTheChief..
28-04-2021, 11:11 AM
The UK government is a death cult - just because England does something doesn’t mean we should follow suit. I certainly don’t want the bodies piled high. He’s made bad choices at each turn. Anyway put a pin in the politics

Watching CNN and some Euro news channels they all point to how successful the UK vaccination rollout has been.

Is there any country in the world doing more than us?

Germany went back into some form of lockdown yesterday.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-04-2021, 11:29 AM
Watching CNN and some Euro news channels they all point to how successful the UK vaccination rollout has been.

Dunno exactly how such things are measured - probably take up abs supply?

Thanks to the NHS but yes it appears to have been good - albeit convincing the BAME community remains an issue apparently.

Countries doing more - Probably look to some Asian countries as they had experience of SARs. So too decisive action early. Well never really know what happened in China but they appeared to confine it. Then you look at Vietnam as looking to NZ isn’t the best comparator due to size but we are an island ffs!

It looks like in general European countries are wrestling with the freedoms demanded and trying to minimise lockdowns. Snowden anticipated a number of things including coming out of localised lockdowns in a “W” fashion opening up and closing and opening again as we learned to isolate, contain and reduce.

Question (dunno the answer) with the numbers we experienced to what extent was lockdown observed in reality. Take Wales for example. Shut down for a number of months and closed the borders yet still there were issues - why was that if people were strictly observing lockdown rules?

The danger is if we lose a grip we can see especially with the new variants it will rip through populations and in Brazil they have a young population and it’s impacting them. Complacency is my fear. But I appreciate we then need to deal with the multiple other issues that accompany restrictions.

I don’t envy the governments or authorities. My hope is that we learn through Experience - we opened up last summer and it surged because of Boris lack of leadership - again at Christmas he continually makes the wrong choices. So here we are.

CockneyRebel
28-04-2021, 12:48 PM
What’s worrying about people returning to work? Cases are always going to rise when things open, the difference being the majority of those greatly affected are vaccinated therefore the overall risk is minor.

Oh that's alright then. Silly me for valuing human life eh?

CockneyRebel
28-04-2021, 01:31 PM
After over a year of various lockdowns another few months is a long time still for people not earning, struggling with mental health difficulties or who’s livelihoods are being ruined.

In the first instance I was replying to a post referring to the opening of stadiums to biggish crowds.
My concern about folk returning to work was a separate issue and I should have made that clearer perhaps.
I am only too aware of the major issues concerning depression and severe financial difficulties but to be blunt these folk can be helped - you can't help dead people.
For me, too many on here mention low risk as if it doesn't mean lost lives and some talk like a Colonel Blimp from WW11 referring to collateral damage.

hibbysam
28-04-2021, 03:10 PM
Oh that's alright then. Silly me for valuing human life eh?

Then let’s all live in our own little bubble for the rest of their life as right now there are far greater risks to human life than Covid after vaccine. If you don’t want any risk stay at home, let those who can live with the very minor risks free.

hibbysam
28-04-2021, 03:13 PM
In the first instance I was replying to a post referring to the opening of stadiums to biggish crowds.
My concern about folk returning to work was a separate issue and I should have made that clearer perhaps.
I am only too aware of the major issues concerning depression and severe financial difficulties but to be blunt these folk can be helped - you can't help dead people.
For me, too many on here mention low risk as if it doesn't mean lost lives and some talk like a Colonel Blimp from WW11 referring to collateral damage.

Folk with Covid can be helped... Folk with depression can be helped. In both cases some will sadly be unable to get through it even with help. Covid was once the bigger danger of the two, I’m not overly sure that will still be the case in this country.

CockneyRebel
28-04-2021, 04:46 PM
Folk with Covid can be helped... Folk with depression can be helped. In both cases some will sadly be unable to get through it even with help. Covid was once the bigger danger of the two, I’m not overly sure that will still be the case in this country.

I said you can't help dead people not ill people. With your ability to twist stuff around like Wee Eckie you ought to be a politician.

whiskyhibby
28-04-2021, 05:18 PM

completely agree, it’s like the vaccination programme never took place, it’s absolutely maddening

jgl07
28-04-2021, 05:24 PM

Israel for starters?

WhileTheChief..
28-04-2021, 05:37 PM
Cool, we’re in the top 5 by the looks of things! Can’t complain too much really.

Carheenlea
28-04-2021, 06:03 PM
Had Rangers, Celtic, or both still been in the competition, provision will have been accelerated to accommodate fans at the final. Absolutely 100%.

SFA have lost interest in the whole thing.

bod
28-04-2021, 06:09 PM
Jason leach said on off the ball that it wasn’t just hiring a ground there were other things to factor & that was before the ugl6 sisters played each other

B.H.F.C
28-04-2021, 06:12 PM
Had Rangers, Celtic, or both still been in the competition, provision will have been accelerated to accommodate fans at the final. Absolutely 100%.

SFA have lost interest in the whole thing.

Totally. As have the media.

I can’t believe how under the radar the whole thing is going. When the English equivalent will be getting played to a quarter of capacity a week earlier, you’d expect everybody in the game from the clubs, to the authorities, to the media to at least be making a bit of fuss.

28-04-2021, 06:20 PM
Read a fig of 2000 max being allowed into the PBS if they had agreed. IMOnot worth the effort and hassle. If restricted to 10%, then only 3 grounds worth considering - and there all said no.

Was there a reason why Budge said no? Is it because she is in the huff at the SPFL/SFA (or more likely scared of how their fans would react) 😀 or did she come up with a genuine reason?

hibbysam
28-04-2021, 07:37 PM
I said you can't help dead people not ill people. With your ability to twist stuff around like Wee Eckie you ought to be a politician.

You can’t help a suicidal person who has killed themselves from sheer depression either. Like I said, majority of Covid cases live, majority of depression cases live, both can be treated as you like to say.

CockneyRebel
29-04-2021, 10:31 AM
You can’t help a suicidal person who has killed themselves from sheer depression either. Like I said, majority of Covid cases live, majority of depression cases live, both can be treated as you like to say.

Here you go again. The dead people I refer to are the ones that could die from covid because of relaxing too much too early. They can't be helped because it's too late. You know what I meant but you have to go twisty twisty yet again. The reason you seem to get the best in lot of threads is because folk get so fed up with your manipulation of what they say that, like me, they can't be *rsed continuing debating a point or two with someone who never concedes that there are valid opinions other than yours. That's not winning a debate that's just boring folk to death which is where I am now. I will let you carry on thinking that you're the wisest man that ever lived by spending my time debating with others.

Rumble de Thump
29-04-2021, 10:46 AM
All four clubs remaining in the cup could commit to hosting the final. The stadium of one of the semi final losers could then be selected as the host. At least it would be possible for some people to get in to see the game.

O'Rourke3
29-04-2021, 10:56 AM
All four clubs remaining in the cup could commit to hosting the final. The stadium of one of the semi final losers could then be selected as the host. At least it would be possible for some people to get in to see the game.There's a reason why that might not work. Take us as the example. The groundsman cannot wait to get the pitch up to sort the difficulties out over the winter and not working on the plan for last year The earlier they get going the better the results for next season. I'd love to be at the game but it was unlikely at the turn of the year and probably remains that way thanks to The Euros.

hibbysam
29-04-2021, 11:10 AM
Here you go again. The dead people I refer to are the ones that could die from covid because of relaxing too much too early. They can't be helped because it's too late. You know what I meant but you have to go twisty twisty yet again. The reason you seem to get the best in lot of threads is because folk get so fed up with your manipulation of what they say that, like me, they can't be *rsed continuing debating a point or two with someone who never concedes that there are valid opinions other than yours. That's not winning a debate that's just boring folk to death which is where I am now. I will let you carry on thinking that you're the wisest man that ever lived by spending my time debating with others.

I know exactly what you are saying, but simply dismissing the point about those suffering from depression due to lockdowns as people that ‘can be helped’ is the exact same as turning it around the way I did. What is too early? We’re at a point where the most vulnerable have been vaccinated and those left are those with minimal risk, that isn’t too early to me and isn’t too early to the experts and scientists who are advising to start opening back up. Like I said, if folk are worried about that risk then they should stay at home, no issues with that but let the rest live.

AugustaHibs
29-04-2021, 11:17 AM
I know exactly what you are saying, but simply dismissing the point about those suffering from depression due to lockdowns as people that ‘can be helped’ is the exact same as turning it around the way I did. What is too early? We’re at a point where the most vulnerable have been vaccinated and those left are those with minimal risk, that isn’t too early to me and isn’t too early to the experts and scientists who are advising to start opening back up. Like I said, if folk are worried about that risk then they should stay at home, no issues with that but let the rest live.

Spot on

CockneyRebel
29-04-2021, 01:39 PM
Spot on

My very very last post on this. If we are over zealous in opening every venue up too soon then some folk will die who didn't need to. Never mind vaccinations (which will never be total - ever) it is people who will kill people and when they are dead it is too late for help. I did say (which funnily enough you never mentioned or acknowledged) that I am fully aware of the issues faced through depression (in fact my wife is an example of this so I have first hand appreciation and I would never belittle how serious it can be) but to compare people who have already died from covid through relaxing basic restrictions too early with people suffering from an illness, that is treatable (and mostly successfully treated) is ludicrous.
I never once even hinted that depression and other issues related to, or aggravated by, lockdown were not serious or should be down the pecking order.

My point about more deaths is that people in general can't be trusted to follow simple instructions to stay alive. It could be through selfishness, thickness, ignorance or plain bloody mindedness, but it has happened all the way through this pandemic and that is why more folk than necessary have died and will still die.

Death is permanent.

Bye.

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2021, 01:47 PM
My very very last post on this. If we are over zealous in opening every venue up too soon then some folk will die who didn't need to. Never mind vaccinations (which will never be total - ever) it is people who will kill people and when they are dead it is too late for help. I did say (which funnily enough you never mentioned or acknowledged) that I am fully aware of the issues faced through depression (in fact my wife is an example of this so I have first hand appreciation and I would never belittle how serious it can be) but to compare people who have already died from covid through relaxing basic restrictions too early with people suffering from an illness, that is treatable (and mostly successfully treated) is ludicrous.
I never once even hinted that depression and other issues related to, or aggravated by, lockdown were not serious or should be down the pecking order.

My point about more deaths is that people in general can't be trusted to follow simple instructions to stay alive. It could be through selfishness, thickness, ignorance or plain bloody mindedness, but it has happened all the way through this pandemic and that is why more folk than necessary have died and will still die.

Death is permanent.

Bye.

There does have to be a time where things do go back to normal though, and we will have to take the consequences of death being a factor in this.

If we wait another 6/7 months and open up properly, we will still have all the things you mentioned above and i'd imagine the virus will make some sort of a comeback and will continue to do so until the world is vaccinated.

I know death is permanent, but this cant go on forever, in my opinion we need to take some managed risks soon.

Alfred E Newman
29-04-2021, 02:33 PM
There does have to be a time where things do go back to normal though, and we will have to take the consequences of death being a factor in this.

If we wait another 6/7 months and open up properly, we will still have all the things you mentioned above and i'd imagine the virus will make some sort of a comeback and will continue to do so until the world is vaccinated.

I know death is permanent, but this cant go on forever, in my opinion we need to take some managed risks soon.

You are right. People in this country are now probably more at risk of dying driving to the vaccination centre than from Covid.

hibbysam
29-04-2021, 04:09 PM

Death is permanent.

Bye.

It isn’t to early though. The most vulnerable have been vaccinated and are going to get their boosters in the autumn. If it goes on longer there will be far more deaths through suicide than there will be through ending lockdown.

Death is indeed permanent, and every single life regardless of cause of death, matters.

If we ended lockdown tomorrow and 100 people died from Covid, is that worse than staying in lockdown for another month and 100 people dying from suicide? Absolutely not and there is no difference.

Moulin Yarns
29-04-2021, 04:13 PM
It isn’t to early though. The most vulnerable have been vaccinated and are going to get their boosters in the autumn. If it goes on longer there will be far more deaths through suicide than there will be through ending lockdown.

Death is indeed permanent, and every single life regardless of cause of death, matters.

If we ended lockdown tomorrow and 100 people died from Covid, is that worse than staying in lockdown for another month and 100 people dying from suicide? Absolutely not and there is no difference.

Some good news

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2021/04/24/surprisingly-suicide-has-become-rarer-during-the-pandemic

Rumble de Thump
29-04-2021, 04:51 PM

We're not in a lockdown.

Moulin Yarns
29-04-2021, 05:07 PM
We're not in a lockdown.

Oh dear. Wait for it. 😉

snedzuk
29-04-2021, 05:17 PM
We're not in a lockdown.

great - when do the semi final tickets go on sale

Bostonhibby
29-04-2021, 05:30 PM
great - when do the semi final tickets go on saleSod that, I've had enough of lockdown without buying tickets to see one, might have to endure it all again in the final as well[emoji16]

CockneyRebel
29-04-2021, 05:39 PM

Actually I agree with you in principle on most of what you say but I fear the opening up of large(r) venues too soon to too many people is the risk, not ending the lockdown. Too many people are just wanting back to football and the like and don't give a Barry White about the bigger picture. I have seen enough through the whole pandemic to conclude that people can't be trusted to follow the rules. My initial cry for caution was to do with the virus being so unpredictable and having so many unknowns. Now we have cause for optimism through the excellent vaccine roll out but although the most vulnerable have been addressed there are still millions yet to get the first jab. The risk to these folk is lower but the risk is still there until all that want to be are vaccinated.
Where we disagree, I think, is around opening up the larger venues to large(r) crowds in too big a step. A gradual increase, whilst watching the daily stats is where I am at. I don't have any optimism where the general public are concerned. Too much selfishness around IMO. But as we don't make the decisions we will have to wait and see.

I really, truly, hope my fears are unfounded and I get called a big fearty and we all come through this. I hope to be wrong in my opinions and I'm not afraid to say so.

Keith_M
29-04-2021, 05:42 PM
Actually I agree with you in principle on most of what you say but I fear the opening up of large(r) venues too soon to too many people is the risk, not ending the lockdown. Too many people are just wanting back to football and the like and don't give a Barry White about the bigger picture. I have seen enough through the whole pandemic to see that people can't be trusted to follow the rules. My initial cry for caution was to do with the virus being so unpredictable and having so many unknowns. Now we have cause for optimism through the excellent vaccine roll out but although the most vulnerable have been addressed there are still millions yet to get the first jab. The risk to these folk is lower but the risk is still there until all that want to be are vaccinated.
Where we disagree, I think, is around opening up the larger venues to large(r) crowds in too big a step. A gradual increase, whilst watching the daily stats is where I am at. I don't have any optimism where the general public are concerned. Too much selfishness around IMO. But as we don't make the decisions we will have to wait and see.

I really, truly, hope my fears are ungrounded and I get called a big fearty and we all come through this. I hope to be wrong in my opinions and I'm not afraid to say so.

But is that your very, very, very, very, VERY last post?

hibbysam
29-04-2021, 05:50 PM
We're not in a lockdown.

Sorry, I should have said ‘ended all restrictions’ - careless on my part.

CockneyRebel
29-04-2021, 05:56 PM
But is that your very, very, very, very, VERY last post?

I wasn't replying to you....oops, done it again.

Keith_M
29-04-2021, 05:58 PM
I wasn't replying to you....oops, done it again.

So that's a 'no' then

:greengrin

Col2
30-04-2021, 12:53 PM
So the real life data from the recent test events show zero impacts (surprise surprise).

https://twitter.com/politicsforali/status/1387874625015721991?s=21

Maybe we will get 300 into Easter Road by October? But only if we are good and Jean and Tam can get to the bingo before then.

hibbysam
30-04-2021, 05:05 PM
So the real life data from the recent test events show zero impacts (surprise surprise).

https://twitter.com/politicsforali/status/1387874625015721991?s=21

Maybe we will get 300 into Easter Road by October? But only if we are good and Jean and Tam can get to the bingo before then.

Pesky UK government.

Since90+2
30-04-2021, 05:21 PM
great - when do the semi final tickets go on sale

Great response.

ancient hibee
30-04-2021, 05:27 PM
Pesky UK government.

Is going to let some away fans in as well while the SNP won’t even let Home fans in.

B.H.F.C
30-04-2021, 05:31 PM
10,000 getting in to Twikenham for the Rugby as well.

Can’t believe how quiet the clubs and football authorities are about it all. The SFA simply not interested as none of the big two playing.

Glory Lurker
30-04-2021, 05:35 PM
This is one for the SFA to push, nothing to do with Scottish Government at the moment.

ancient hibee
30-04-2021, 05:38 PM
This is one for the SFA to push, nothing to do with Scottish Government at the moment.

Sorry are you saying that the SFA have the sayso on admitting fans?

Moulin Yarns
30-04-2021, 05:38 PM
Is going to let some away fans in as well while the SNP won’t even let Home fans in.

Get your facts right

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56947104

COULD BE ALLOWED

B.H.F.C
30-04-2021, 05:43 PM

I agree the push needs to come from football. The government might still find reason not to allow it, but they should be demonstrating a willingness to do something. It’s only 3 weeks before they let 12,000 in to Hampden so getting the final somewhere, with some fans, shouldn’t have been totally out of the question. The SFA aren’t interested. They’ll claim it’s down to finance but that wouldn’t have been so much of an issue if Rangers or Celtic were likely to be there.

ancient hibee
30-04-2021, 05:45 PM
Get your facts right

F

COULD BE ALLOWED

The Premier League has emailed clubs to tell them the government is prepared to allow 500 away fans at games and asks clubs if they want that for the last two games of the season.
I have got my facts right.

Glory Lurker
30-04-2021, 05:49 PM
Sorry are you saying that the SFA have the sayso on admitting fans?

No. I'm saying that if the SFA want it, they need to push for it. Scottish Government isn't stopping anything at the moment. They've set a road map. What we'd like doesn't fit that. Who's telling the Government? If they reject a proper request then they take the blame, but just now they don't.

Onion
30-04-2021, 06:22 PM
No. I'm saying that if the SFA want it, they need to push for it. Scottish Government isn't stopping anything at the moment. They've set a road map. What we'd like doesn't fit that. Who's telling the Government? If they reject a proper request then they take the blame, but just now they don't.

Correct. Similar thing has happened in the US with the cruise industry. CDC had blocked all cruising from USA ports until Nov 21. It's only because of legal arguments and pressure from Florida State, senators and cruise companies that they've now changed the start date to July 21. Would not have happened with stakeholder pressure.

We need the SFA to stop doing SFA and start representing the interests of paying football FANS. To date, you sense the clubs and SFA are quietly accepting empty stadiums as football is still pulling in TV revenues, sponsorship and ST funds.

hibbysam
30-04-2021, 06:26 PM

It was very much tongue in cheek 😂

hibbysam
30-04-2021, 06:27 PM
Correct. Similar thing has happened in the US with the cruise industry. CDC had blocked all cruising from USA ports until Nov 21. It's only because of legal arguments and pressure from Florida State, senators and cruise companies that they've now changed the start date to July 21. Would not have happened with stakeholder pressure.

We need the SFA to stop doing SFA and start representing the interests of paying football FANS. To date, you sense the clubs and SFA are quietly accepting empty stadiums as football is still pulling in TV revenues, sponsorship and ST funds.

Especially by the fact that come two weeks time fans are allowed into stadiums. Even if they weren’t successful in getting above and beyond the numbers allowed approved by council/government, they should be allowing the amount that’s stated regardless of cost.

Onion
30-04-2021, 06:27 PM
Get your facts right

COULD BE ALLOWED

Can you imagine if Hibs denied Hibs ST holders access to matches, only to sell tickets to 500 Huns :cb

Moulin Yarns
30-04-2021, 09:05 PM
Can you imagine if Hibs denied Hibs ST holders access to matches, only to sell tickets to 500 Huns :cb

Pretty much what a fair number of English clubs have said. Why admit away fans when not all of your own fans can get in.

Stupid move.

BoomtownHibees
03-05-2021, 11:01 AM
10,000 to be at Twickenham for the rugby finals, May 21st and 22nd

Moulin Yarns
03-05-2021, 11:17 AM

One of a series of test events.

Col2
03-05-2021, 03:42 PM
One death across the whole of the Uk recorded in the last 24 hours.

500 fans max from May 17th mind you.... in an outside stadium 100 times that.

Some of the politicians looking a little stupid now. And the SFA just looking bone idol lazy.

Onion
03-05-2021, 04:06 PM

There's the answer. Move the final to Twickers or Newcastle's ground. Surely the SFA will do whatever's needed to get fans into the Cup Final. And Boris would be receptive as it's the perfect GIRUY to Sturgeon as further evidence of UK plc at work :cb