PDA

View Full Version : Semi final draw - Dundee Utd v Hibs

Pages : [1] 2

steelendhibs
24-04-2021, 10:17 PM
When?

McSwanky
24-04-2021, 10:18 PM
When?Monday night after the last quarter final.

Squealing pig
25-04-2021, 12:06 AM
Rangers in final please

Hibernia&Alba
25-04-2021, 12:18 AM
Rangers in final please

I'll take St Johnstone

AgentDaleCooper
25-04-2021, 12:23 AM
st mirren or killie please :aok:

Sir David Gray
25-04-2021, 12:25 AM
Rangers in final please

We definitely want that this year.

Hibernia&Alba
25-04-2021, 12:45 AM
We definitely want that this year.

I just want to win it. The Rangers 2012 reduces that opportunity.

cabbageandribs1875
25-04-2021, 05:59 AM
Killie or Dundee utd in the semi ta muchly kindly please thanks

Sir David Gray
25-04-2021, 07:00 AM

Normally I would completely agree but this year getting European group stage football would be massive for us.

Getting Rangers in the final would be perfect. Obviously it would be nice to win it although I can't help thinking that if we do win it then we'll be the next ones to be criticised by the media as it would be inevitable that we would have large scale parties which would still be illegal.

hibee1875
25-04-2021, 07:31 AM
Normally I would completely agree but this year getting European group stage football would be massive for us.

Getting Rangers in the final would be perfect. Obviously it would be nice to win it although I can't help thinking that if we do win it then we'll be the next ones to be criticised by the media as it would be inevitable that we would have large scale parties which would still be illegal.

Don’t want to win the Scottish cup because Covid. Cool

calumhibee1
25-04-2021, 07:43 AM
https://youtu.be/iyxm8cjMSCo

Reporter - “What are your thoughts on Hibs making the semi final?”

hibbydog
25-04-2021, 07:45 AM

Yeah but imagine the statements The Rangers would come out with.

Beggars belief...

Sir David Gray
25-04-2021, 07:50 AM

Can you point out where I have said that please?

Greenbeard
25-04-2021, 08:25 AM

Any level-headed person with a semblance of intelligence who weighs up the semi and final options, and the potential return and risk for each of these options, would agree with you. But since when does level-headedness come into it as far as The The Huns are concerned? I'll be over the moon if St Johnstone win tonight with an erroneously awarded injury-time penalty which hits the crossbar then bounces in off the back of MacGregor's head.

Dalianwanda
25-04-2021, 08:29 AM

If it means winning the thing i’d be totally cool with that. Nothing compared to the media spin from our previous final against them.

WestCoastHibby
25-04-2021, 08:35 AM

Now there's a glass "half empty" statement if ever there was

Hibbyradge
25-04-2021, 08:36 AM
https://youtu.be/iyxm8cjMSCo

Reporter - “What are your thoughts on Hibs making the semi final?”

:hilarious

That's the strangest misinterpretation of a comment as I can remember.

Hibbyradge
25-04-2021, 08:39 AM
Easiest draw in the semi-final, please.

We've never lost to The Rangers in a cup final and I expect that to continue.

Sir David Gray
25-04-2021, 08:57 AM
Now there's a glass "half empty" statement if ever there was

Talking about maximising our opportunities to get into the group stages of European football for the first time in the club's history is glass half empty chat?

hibeedonald
25-04-2021, 09:17 AM
Hope Rangers lose, the European football is welcomed but winning the SC would be 1000x better than the Europa conference

Eyrie
25-04-2021, 09:21 AM

St Mirren knocking out Sevco in the League Cup didn't help us when we faced St Johnstone in the semi.

We're likely to have to face Sevco at some point, so the final is clearly the best game for us to do that as there are only two possible outcomes - win the Cup which gives up group stage football, or lose but still get group stage football through our league position.

The worst outcome for us would be Aberdeen winning the Cup because that gives our direct competitors the financial boost of group stage football. Anyone else winning it won't create the same problem because they'll use the money to clear debt and provide stability for a couple of seasons.

Northernhibee
25-04-2021, 09:30 AM

What a stupid post.

Since452
25-04-2021, 09:33 AM
Getting Rangers in the final would probably be the most relaxed I've ever been about a cup final. Massive underdogs, no monkey on our back anymore, group stage European football and 90 minutes from winning a trophy.

bod
25-04-2021, 09:41 AM

They’ll be parties by fans of whichever team win it

Sir David Gray
25-04-2021, 09:55 AM
They’ll be parties by fans of whichever team win it

I know but I'm only really bothered if it's our fans who are creating the headlines.

erin go bragh
25-04-2021, 09:59 AM
Getting Rangers in the final would probably be the most relaxed I've ever been about a cup final. Massive underdogs, no monkey on our back anymore, group stage European football and 90 minutes from winning a trophy.

This 100%

Keith_M
25-04-2021, 10:11 AM

I'd much rather play the worst team left in the competition, rather than the best, to give us the maximum chance of winning the Cup.

Sir David Gray
25-04-2021, 10:12 AM

Agreed.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-04-2021, 10:16 AM
I'd much rather play the worst team left in the competition, rather than the best, to give us the maximum chance of winning the Cup.

Getting the worst team but getting the pressure of being favourites or getting the best team and no pressure at all. I would say that was 50/50?.

Pretty Boy
25-04-2021, 10:19 AM
Call me mad but I fancy St Johnstone today. Not based on anything really, I just do.

I'm not sure how I'd feel if they did win tbh. Would open the cup up for us but would also pile a lot of pressure on. I suppose it would remove the nightmare scenario of potentially having to support Rangers in the final.

blackpoolhibs
25-04-2021, 10:24 AM
I know but I'm only really bothered if it's our fans who are creating the headlines.

To be perfectly honest here, does anyone really care these days what anyone says about anyone?

I dont care one jot myself what papers tv or sports commentators say about us now, there's no level field anymore with journalism, and i just dont take any of it serious, good or bad.

Hibbyradge
25-04-2021, 10:26 AM
To be perfectly honest here, does anyone really care these days what anyone says about anyone?

I dont care one jot myself what papers tv or sports commentators say about us now, there's no level field anymore with journalism, and i just dont take any of it serious, good or bad.

Maybe that's ok for you, but spare a thought for the more gentle and sensitive fans like me.

Magpie
25-04-2021, 10:27 AM
Call me mad but I fancy St Johnstone today. Not based on anything really, I just do.

I'm not sure how I'd feel if they did win tbh. Would open the cup up for us but would also pile a lot of pressure on. I suppose it would remove the nightmare scenario of potentially having to support Rangers in the final.

In an ideal world I would like Rangers to get knocked out today but having failed to take advantage of the Old Firm being knocked out in the League Cup going into the semi’s it has left me with doubt this time round. As much as I would love winning the Cup, playing in the group stages of Europe next season would be an experience I never really thought would happen. I hope we get Rangers in the final to guarantee that spot in Europe, I think it would put less pressure on us too and hopefully we can see a repeat of 2016.

blackpoolhibs
25-04-2021, 10:28 AM
Maybe that's ok for you, but spare a thought for the more gentle and sensitive fans like me.
:greengrin

Diclonius
25-04-2021, 10:31 AM

197- oh I get it

Sir David Gray
25-04-2021, 10:32 AM

I'd also be jealous of Hibs winning the Scottish Cup and me missing out on the celebrations.

I go into every game wanting Hibs to win and I hope we go onto win the cup but I'll be honest and say that it doesn't hold quite the same excitement for me due to the circumstances.

Diclonius
25-04-2021, 10:36 AM
I'm honestly coming around to a Hibs v Rangers final being the best outcome for us. We win, we win. Lose, and we still have our European adventure.

Pre-2016 I'd have wanted the easiest tie, but it's a special circumstance this year.

RyeSloan
25-04-2021, 10:57 AM
I'm honestly coming around to a Hibs v Rangers final being the best outcome for us. We win, we win. Lose, and we still have our European adventure.

Pre-2016 I'd have wanted the easiest tie, but it's a special circumstance this year.

Agree with that. Esp. When coupled with the league cup fiasco when we had a clear non OF run to the trophy.

Euro football and the associated money will be a huge boost for the club.

Sure I want the Scottish as well but I’d happily take my chances with the Huns in the final on this occasion.

Hibbyradge
25-04-2021, 11:00 AM
I'd prefer to avoid The Rangers in the semi.

If we played them in the final and lost, we wouldn't have to put up with the bigotted songs etc so as disappointing as it would be, it would be less horrible than it might have been.

BILLYHIBS
25-04-2021, 11:07 AM
I'd prefer to avoid The Rangers in the semi.

If we played them in the final and lost, we wouldn't have to put up with the bigotted songs etc so as disappointing as it would be, it would be less horrible than it might have been.

If we play them in the final rest assured that their fans however many that are allowed into the Stadium will be spouting their pish win lose or draw as soon as they arrive in the Stadium

Horrible horrible club !

lord bunberry
25-04-2021, 11:09 AM
Monday night after the last quarter final.
I thought it was after the huns game today.

Hibbyradge
25-04-2021, 11:12 AM
If we play them in the final rest assured that their fans however many that are allowed into the Stadium will be spouting their pish win lose or draw as soon as they arrive in the Stadium

Horrible horrible club !

Of course, but we won't be there to hear them. Easily ignored.

BILLYHIBS
25-04-2021, 11:14 AM
Of course, but we won't be there to hear them. Easily ignored.
With the Euros taking place at Hampden only weeks later I am pretty sure that there will be fans at our own national cup final

Hibbyradge
25-04-2021, 11:15 AM
With the Euros taking place at Hampden only weeks later I am pretty sure that there will be fans at our own national cup final

I never thought about that. You could be right.

ElginHibbie
25-04-2021, 11:17 AM

SFA already said there won’t be due to work needing done for the Euros

BILLYHIBS
25-04-2021, 11:29 AM
SFA already said there won’t be due to work needing done for the Euros
:thumbsup:

Stick
25-04-2021, 11:41 AM
To be honest I think that I will be just as nervous facing St Johnstone as the rangers in the final. We are just as likely to screw it up, look what almost happened last night. And I think that our mindset is better against the rangers. At least with the rangers in the final it helps us in Europe.

Hibbyradge
25-04-2021, 11:59 AM
To be honest I think that I will be just as nervous facing St Johnstone as the rangers in the final. We are just as likely to screw it up, look what almost happened last night. And I think that our mindset is better against the rangers. At least with the rangers in the final it helps us in Europe.

I'd be more nervous against St Johnstone. It's almost a free hit against Sevco but being favourites adds to the anxiety.

hibbyfraelibby
25-04-2021, 03:39 PM
United in the Semi please.

2-0 up but didn't need a replay
Winning a tie on penatlies
1st choice keeper not playing

Too many omens

Moulin Yarns
25-04-2021, 03:45 PM

1979 and all that 🙄😉

Edit : I saw what you did there 😁

Lancs Harp
25-04-2021, 03:47 PM
1979 and all that 🙄😉

You fell for that one mate. Rangers were only formed in 2012 :wink::greengrin

Moulin Yarns
25-04-2021, 03:48 PM
You fell for that one mate. Rangers were only formed in 2012 :wink::greengrin

Yep, although it's The Rangers as opposed to Rangers 😉

O'Rourke3
25-04-2021, 04:00 PM
Well Aberdone cant win the cup and that team doesnt look like they are winning full points on the run in.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
25-04-2021, 04:08 PM

St J going for the double !!

I’m in the free hit against Rangers in the final camp. It’s what’s best for us and eliminates possible stress.

Remember leith walk is full of tram works so if Hibs win it..party at Leith Links would be epic !

Sir David Gray
25-04-2021, 04:11 PM
I thought it was after the huns game today.

Definitely tomorrow.

Hibbyradge
25-04-2021, 04:15 PM
St Johnstone are 25/1 to win the Cup.

1/3 of the odds to reach the final.

JimBHibees
25-04-2021, 06:36 PM
Any level-headed person with a semblance of intelligence who weighs up the semi and final options, and the potential return and risk for each of these options, would agree with you. But since when does level-headedness come into it as far as The The Huns are concerned? I'll be over the moon if St Johnstone win tonight with an erroneously awarded injury-time penalty which hits the crossbar then bounces in off the back of MacGregor's head.

The chance of St Johnstone getting a last minute penalty is akin to seeing haileys comet, being struck by lightening and winning the lottery in the same day. :greengrin

speedy_gonzales
25-04-2021, 07:08 PM
The chance of St Johnstone getting a last minute penalty is akin to seeing haileys comet, being struck by lightening and winning the lottery in the same day. :greengrin

So not beyond the realms of possibility then 🤔

WeeRussell
25-04-2021, 07:15 PM

Avoiding them in the semi (whether they’re in the draw or not) is the main thing in that regard, but surely there aren’t hibs fans genuinely not wanting St Johnstone to score against the **** right now and make us favourites to win the Scottish cup?

PatHead
25-04-2021, 07:19 PM
Two things strike me about these semis.

1. There isn't much between the 5 sides left
2. Boyle is better than Ryan Kent

JimBHibees
25-04-2021, 07:22 PM
So not beyond the realms of possibility then 🤔

:greengrin

WeeRussell
25-04-2021, 07:30 PM

Unfortunately can’t agree with either, even if rangers form isn’t quite as blistering since tying up the title. Also, aren’t there currently 6 teams left?

PatHead
25-04-2021, 07:46 PM
Unfortunately can’t agree with either, even if rangers form isn’t quite as blistering since tying up the title. Also, aren’t there currently 6 teams left?

Oops about 6 teams. I was referring to the post league winning Sevco.

Since90+2
25-04-2021, 07:48 PM

Can't agree with point 1. League table doesn't lie (and certainly not when you are talking 30/40 points of a difference).

This :aok:

WeeRussell
Oops about 6 teams. I was referring to the post league winning Sevco.

I hope you’re right - would be nice to see them beaten before end of the season!

PatHead
25-04-2021, 07:49 PM
Can't agree with point 1. League table doesn't lie (and certainly not when you are talking 30/40 points of a difference).

See the above reply

WeeRussell
25-04-2021, 07:52 PM
This :aok:

Come on your pair, kidding nobody including yourselves.

We would all still be ****ing ourselves for days before, the same as every other cup final 😀

ABZHFC
25-04-2021, 07:52 PM
I feel dirty secretly hoping Rangers nick this, any other season and of course I’d want them out but given we have a better chance of getting my group stage European football until Christmas with them making the final and we won’t even be able to go to Hampden for the final anyway, on this one occasion I wouldn’t be too gutted to see our chances of winning it weakened by them going through here

Keith_M
25-04-2021, 08:02 PM
Looks like all you The Rangers lovers got your way then.

:rolleyes:

Oops, maybe not

:wink:

Keith_M
25-04-2021, 08:12 PM
So, Saints now favourites for a Double.

:wink:

Diclonius
25-04-2021, 08:12 PM
Eh, so I'd like to play Not St Johnstone, and in the final, should we make it there, play whoever beats St Johnstone.

Thanks.

CraigHibee
25-04-2021, 08:16 PM
Saints the team to beat imo

hibee316
25-04-2021, 08:16 PM
Eh, so I'd like to play Not St Johnstone, and in the final, should we make it there, play whoever beats St Johnstone.

Thanks.

This!

Northernhibee
25-04-2021, 08:17 PM
Hibs vs Dundee United
St Johnstone vs (likely) Killie

Is what I would want. I don't want us to be facing St Johnstone at all or Kyle Lafferty in form.

Keith_M
25-04-2021, 08:18 PM
I hereby predict that Hibs will be drawn against St Johnstone in the Semi Final.

neil7908
Saints the team to beat imo

Yup. They are the only team left that worries me.

hibbysam
Winner of tomorrow’s tie please.

lord bunberry
This is like the league cup all over again, let’s hope we get the job done this time.

ABZHFC
I feel dirty secretly hoping Rangers nick this, any other season and of course I’d want them out but given we have a better chance of getting my group stage European football until Christmas with them making the final and we won’t even be able to go to Hampden for the final anyway, on this one occasion I wouldn’t be too gutted to see our chances of winning it weakened by them going through here

On second thoughts, get it up every single last one of those horrible Hun *******s :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Tambo
25-04-2021, 08:20 PM
If I could choose any team now would be St Mirren but if it’s St Johnstone then Saturday is a good chance to lay a marker down.

Come on Jack Ross and Hibs. The cup is there to be won.

Heisenberg
25-04-2021, 08:24 PM
We now need to win the cup to get guaranteed Euro football till Christmas.

Magpie
25-04-2021, 08:28 PM
If I could choose any team now would be St Mirren but if it’s St Johnstone then Saturday is a good chance to lay a marker down.

Come on Jack Ross and Hibs. The cup is there to be won.

Dundee Utd for me, we have been the better team every time we have played them this season imo.

Davy Mac
25-04-2021, 08:29 PM
I would give up our European place for another Scottish Cup, but we'll take both thank you very much.

Fxxx der Hun, Saints - twice, Killie and the Arabs.

C'mon Hibs this is it...........

JohnM1875
25-04-2021, 08:30 PM
Dundee Utd for me, we have been the better team every time we have played them this season imo.

Same! Plus we beat them in the semi last time we went on to win it!

Centre Hawf
25-04-2021, 08:31 PM
Weird that I'm conflicted on Rangers losing a game. Usually I'm all over that with delight.

Parking the European football stuff, we have an amazing opportunity now to go do something special and make this one of the best seasons in the clubs history.

SteveHFC
25-04-2021, 08:32 PM
Weird that I'm conflicted on Rangers losing a game. Usually I'm all over that with delight.

Parking the European football stuff, we have an amazing opportunity now to go do something special and make this one of the best seasons in the clubs history.

It’s a shame we as fans can’t be there for it but will be worth it next season if we do it.

Centre Hawf
25-04-2021, 08:33 PM
It’s a shame we as fans can’t be there for it but will be worth it next season if we do it.

If we can go on and do it then at least every group stage game will serve as a reminder of what we would have achieved.

25-04-2021, 08:38 PM
Dundee Utd vs St Johnstone
Hibs vs St Mirren

Dundee Utd vs Hibs final

Hibs winners

plz

basehibby
25-04-2021, 08:40 PM

Well done you - got any lottery numbers to share? :greengrin

NB - Don't think any of us will be taking anything for granted but - if we want to be guaranteed European football for xmas there's only one way to do it now - secure 3rd and WIN the fricking Scottish Cup ! :cb

25-04-2021, 08:44 PM
Winner of tomorrow’s tie please.

Ditto

ElginHibbie
25-04-2021, 08:46 PM
Avoid St Johnstone, with us missing Gogic that be the game we'd miss him the most

MWHIBBIES
25-04-2021, 08:49 PM
Potential for it to be the best season in decades now. Win it and give us some European nights please Hibs. Would make the season without seeing the team worth it.

25-04-2021, 08:49 PM
What are the odds for cup winners now. Are we favourites?

ekhibee
25-04-2021, 08:51 PM
St Mirren have also beaten the Huns in the SLC this season, there won't be any easy ties.

ElginHibbie
25-04-2021, 08:53 PM

Only odds I can see are us at 9/4, United on 5/3, St Johnstone 3/1, Killi 5/1 and St Mirren 10/5

Hibbyradge
25-04-2021, 08:58 PM

Yes.

St Johnstone were 25/1 before today's game. I wish I'd taken that each way.

Pagan Hibernia
25-04-2021, 09:13 PM
My prediction, st mirren will beat Kilmarnock tomorrow and will draw us in the semis, a game we’ll win.

dundee United will beat St Johnstone.

hibs v united final

Greencore
25-04-2021, 09:24 PM
My prediction, st mirren will beat Kilmarnock tomorrow and will draw us in the semis, a game we’ll win.

hibs v united final

Yep, thought this too

Diclonius
25-04-2021, 09:29 PM

hibs v united final

Probably the ideal path for us.

St Mirren will be tough but I have a bad feeling about Wright and ****ing Lafferty.

hibbysam
25-04-2021, 09:34 PM
Yes.

St Johnstone were 25/1 before today's game. I wish I'd taken that each way.

I’m on Hibs at 16/1 each way. Backed it before QOTS and knowing the draw to the semi. Said at the time 1/3 odds for making the final was huge as long as we missed the winner of the OF tie.

Pagan Hibernia
25-04-2021, 09:43 PM
Probably the ideal path for us.

St Mirren will be tough but I have a bad feeling about Wright and ****ing Lafferty.

aye. It would be like that lanky streak of pish to scupper us. Hopefully not.

Eyrie
25-04-2021, 09:45 PM
Must admit to a slight sinking feeling when I saw this evening's result, but I can live with winning the Scottish Cup to get European football until Christmas.

Minor issue of four other teams with the same ambition and a realistic chance of success however.

Gordy M
25-04-2021, 09:54 PM
All the other teams wont be wanting Hibs in the Semis. If we turn up and play our best we will beat every other team left in the cup.

NAE NOOKIE
25-04-2021, 10:50 PM
We should have won the Hearts semi, but against St Johnstone we were absolutely terrible.

Dundee Utd were really good against an admittedly rotten Aberdeen side and St Johnstone won at Ibrox, so nuff said about them.

IMO this is anybody's cup, we are capable of beating anybody left in it, but lets not kid ourselves we are also capable of losing to any of them, after watching Dundee Utd and St Johnstone's effort tonight we have to hope for the winners of St Mirren v Killie in the draw because that looks like our best route into the final.

Whatever the case any thought of us being favourites to win it might be ok for the bookies or the pundits, but we all know that is far from the case. All that being said, we have a chance and that's all we can ask for.

Pagan Hibernia
25-04-2021, 10:57 PM
We should have won the Hearts semi, but against St Johnstone we were absolutely terrible.

Dundee Utd were really good against an admittedly rotten Aberdeen side and St Johnstone won at Ibrox, so nuff said about them.

IMO this is anybody's cup, we are capable of beating anybody left in it, but lets not kid ourselves we are also capable of losing to any of them, after watching Dundee Utd and St Johnstone's effort tonight we have to hope for the winners of St Mirren v Killie in the draw because that looks like our best route into the final.

Whatever the case any thought of us being favourites to win it might be ok for the bookies or the pundits, but we all know that is far from the case. All that being said, we have a chance and that's all we can ask for.

if we’d been 4-1 up at halftime in that game it wouldn’t have flattered us.

we were awful in the second half.

CentreLine
25-04-2021, 11:12 PM

Almost hooked me there 😖 then I realised you’re right 👍🏻

AgentDaleCooper
25-04-2021, 11:15 PM

hibs v united final
That would be absolutely ideal, i think we'd win the cup

King Cosell
25-04-2021, 11:21 PM
Only odds I can see are us at 9/4, United on 5/3, St Johnstone 3/1, Killi 5/1 and St Mirren 10/5

5/3 and 10/5 are the strangest odds I've ever seen. 5/2 and 10/1?

Hibbyradge
25-04-2021, 11:25 PM
5/3 and 10/5 are the strangest odds I've ever seen. 5/2 and 10/1?

United are 5/2, St Mirren are 10/1.

one day maybe...
25-04-2021, 11:29 PM
Hibs v Killie in the final and lets hope it snows in May :greengrin

King Cosell
25-04-2021, 11:51 PM
v Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock & St Mirren this season - W8 D1 L0

v St Johnstone - W1 D1 L2

Since452
26-04-2021, 05:18 AM
I'd take anyone. We're better than the other teams left in it. Let's go and prove it. None of this weak mentality.

Bangkok Hibby
26-04-2021, 05:27 AM
I'd take anyone. We're better than the other teams left in it. Let's go and prove it. None of this weak mentality.

So would I and I also believe we're better. Just as well the nervousness of fans on Hibs.net will have no bearing on the game. 🤔

Greenio
26-04-2021, 05:55 AM

Agree.

Trying to avoid St Johnston in a semi final because we're scared of getting beat off them??

I know it's hard to shake - but this is the collective mindset that we need to change.

We need to go into this with a winners mentality - that's on here, out there and on the pitch!

We're favourites for a reason - cos we are a better team right across the park than any of the others.

Bring em on, whoever, whenever! GGTTH!

green day
26-04-2021, 06:29 AM
Agree.

Trying to avoid St Johnston in a semi final because we're scared of getting beat off them??

I know it's hard to shake - but this is the collective mindset that we need to change.

We need to go into this with a winners mentality - that's on here, out there and on the pitch!

We're favourites for a reason - cos we are a better team right across the park than any of the others.

Agree - some people need to gie themselves a shake.

Before the weekend, we maybe thought Aberdeen, Rangers, Hibs and Killie/St M would be in the semis.

Now it is Dundee Utd, St Johnstone, Hibs and Killie/St M

That is a huge result as far as I am concerned, gives us a bigger opportunity to get to the final and I am 100% sure the Hibs players will think the same.

Billy Whizz
26-04-2021, 07:37 AM
More than likely, as we’re the big team left in the tournament, we’ll be the team on the exclusive Premier Sports semi final

They are covering both semi’s and the BBC one as well

lucky
26-04-2021, 08:17 AM
Hibs are the best side in the competition, the league table tells us that but the reality all 5 teams can easily win the Cup. I’m just delighted that 2016 happened. Can imagine the pressure of Hibs being favourites and having no fans at the final. I’m confident that Hibs will win the cup if we stay focused and play to our potential

Since452
26-04-2021, 09:29 AM
Agree.

Spot on. I actually hope we draw St Johnstone today. Got a massive wrong to right

Hibbyradge
26-04-2021, 09:35 AM
Agree.

I want the weakest team in every round. Always have and always will.

St Johnstone just knocked the run away champions out and we can't seem to buy a win against them.

They're better avoided. Let someone else knock them out.

Hibernian Verse
26-04-2021, 10:16 AM
v Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock & St Mirren this season - W8 D1 L0

v St Johnstone - W1 D1 L2

Good stats.

Since452
26-04-2021, 10:29 AM
The best team of the other three semi finalists are 18 points behind us in the league. 18. A win over St Johnstone this weekend would be another good phycological boost. We shouldn't be fearing any of them they should be fearing us.

Crunchie
26-04-2021, 10:42 AM
I want the weakest team in every round. Always have and always will.

St Johnstone just knocked the run away champions out and we can't seem to buy a win against them.

They're better avoided. Let someone else knock them out.
St Mirren knocked the rangers out the league cup, don't you want them either? We're the strongest team left I hope the players don't have the same attitude about st j.

Hibbyradge
26-04-2021, 10:48 AM
St Mirren knocked the rangers out the league cup, don't you want them either? We're the strongest team left I hope the players don't have the same attitude about st j.

As I said, I want the weakest team in every round. I'm 100% certain that our players have exactly the same attitude.

You can have all the bravado you want, but preferring to avoid the stronger of the possible opponents isn't a sign of weakness or fear.

It's just common sense.

HH81
26-04-2021, 06:45 PM
Is the draw after the game or at HT?

Since90+2
26-04-2021, 06:49 PM

Would be after the game I'd imagine?

calumhibee1
26-04-2021, 06:50 PM
After

Hibbyradge
26-04-2021, 06:51 PM
Would be after the game I'd imagine?

Yes, otherwise it could distract the players.

Billy Whizz
26-04-2021, 06:52 PM
We are more than capable of beating any team left in the tournament

green day
26-04-2021, 06:53 PM
We are more than capable of beating any team left in the tournament

Yep

HH81
26-04-2021, 06:54 PM
Yes, otherwise it could distract the players.

Doubt It they will be in the dressing room eating oranges.

HH81
26-04-2021, 06:54 PM
After

Cheers.

Hibbyradge
26-04-2021, 07:01 PM
Doubt It they will be in the dressing room eating oranges.

:tee hee:

WeeRussell
26-04-2021, 07:07 PM
As I said, I want the weakest team in every round. I'm 100% certain that our players have exactly the same attitude.

You can have all the bravado you want, but preferring to avoid the stronger of the possible opponents isn't a sign of weakness or fear.

It's just common sense.

I agree. I will go into (hopefully) both of the remaining cup games confident of a win. But my preference is that United and St Johnstone play each other in the semi.

I’m not choking on the draw and desperate for it to be that way. As I say I’ll be confident whoever it is. But always makes sense to have the best chance possible in every round.

Hibbyradge
26-04-2021, 07:10 PM
I agree. I will go into (hopefully) both of the remaining cup games confident of a win. But my preference is that United and St Johnstone play each other in the semi.

I’m not choking on the draw and desperate for it to be that way. As I say I’ll be confident whoever it is. But always makes sense to have the best chance possible in every round.

Precisely.

HibeeEmma
26-04-2021, 07:23 PM

Is it being shown anywhere? Or radio?

Hibbyradge
26-04-2021, 07:23 PM

BbC Scotland. It's live now.

Nicho87
26-04-2021, 07:24 PM
Whoever we get we should be beating. However I’d happily take the winners of tonight and let United put saints out.

👍

Billy Whizz
26-04-2021, 07:28 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/56814335

It’s online too

Glory Lurker
26-04-2021, 07:40 PM
Whoever we get, bring them on.

cabbageandribs1875
26-04-2021, 09:12 PM
i've made up my mind, i want St Johnstone in the SF

Onion
26-04-2021, 09:15 PM
I don't believe it :greengrin

HibeeEmma
26-04-2021, 09:16 PM
Are we ever going to get this draw?

WhileTheChief..
26-04-2021, 09:20 PM
Been cracking ties this week. Really don’t mind who wins this.

Bristolhibby
26-04-2021, 09:21 PM

Me too. I want the winner of tonight’s game please.

I just know we will get St Johnstone.

J

DH1875
26-04-2021, 09:27 PM
St Mirren please.

Not sure either pen in extra time was a pen.

hibee_girl
Here we go

St Mirren please.

Not sure either pen in extra time was a pen.

Ditto

Callum_62
26-04-2021, 09:28 PM
Dance party semi final draw

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
Hibs number 2

Do us a favour Marv.

GRA
St Mirren or Dundee Utd please Marv!

Diclonius
St Mirren: :greengrin
Dundee Utd: :agree:
St Johnstone: :paranoid:

Callum_62
St mirren vs St Johnstone

Onion
26-04-2021, 09:29 PM
We got DUFC

Sir David Gray
St Mirren v St Johnstone
Hibs v Dundee Utd

Dundee United, shades of 2016.

Pretty Boy
Happy with that.

Bring it on.

Callum_62
Hibs Dundee utd in the semis

Where have I see that before?

GRA
Repeat of 2016 SF. Great Omen!

hibee_girl
St Mirren v St Johnstone

Magpie
That’s fine. The lowest standing team in the draw.

DH1875
Dundee Utd

green day
Happy with that

Moulin Yarns
26-04-2021, 09:30 PM
Dundee United, shades of 2016.

Get big Logan back 😁

Diclonius
Dundee Utd. Let's do it.

Sir David Gray
Last time we played Dundee Utd in a Scottish Cup semi final....?

mayo hibee
Saints v Saints

Hibs v Hibs

Great opportunity to make the final.

bigwheel
They are all hard teams to beat. United looked excellent yesterday. Will need to be at our best..but that’s how it should be in a semi final.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
If Jack Ross reads this and feels like he needs a fat goalie that hasn't played a lot of football lately then I can be contacted by PM.

Onion
26-04-2021, 09:31 PM
Happy with Dundee Utd. No excuses Hibs, Let's do this.

Come on hibs ffs

Callum_62
Last time we played Dundee Utd in a Scottish Cup semi final....?I said WTF is that warming up.....

Hibernia&Alba
I think St Johnstone would have been the hardest game, so I'm happy enough with United.

CmoantheHibs
26-04-2021, 09:32 PM
Got to be happy with that. Up to the players and management now. Go win it for us guys

Since452
26-04-2021, 09:33 PM
What a chance

ElginHibbie
26-04-2021, 09:34 PM
Not the best, but not the worst so happy with that

DH1875
I said WTF is that warming up.....

Your not the only one :greengrin

calumhibee1
Worst team left in the draw. Cant complain.

Callum_62
26-04-2021, 09:35 PM
Just realised it's 6,7 and 8th place in the SPL left if the cup

The Spaceman
Honestly think this was the best draw for the Semi Final which for me is the main hurdle we need to cross. Feel like this team would relish a long overdue cup final having missed out twice this season already and would show up in style.

green day
Not the best, but not the worst so happy with that

I think it actually was

HibsGW
Best possible draw, cup draws in general have been pretty kind to us the past few years. Can see St Johnstone making the final and that would be a tough game, we’re the favourites though. In with a great chance here.

Pagan Hibernia
26-04-2021, 09:36 PM

they were scintillating yesterday. Should be a good game

hibbysam
26-04-2021, 09:36 PM
If Jack Ross reads this and feels like he needs a fat goalie that hasn't played a lot of football lately then I can be contacted by PM.

And if you get injured or need to go shopping with the Mrs then I’m contactable also.

Onion
26-04-2021, 09:37 PM

:agree: This is nothing to do with the fans filling stadia or support from the stands. It's all about what the players do on the day and whether they want it enough. Hibs have the quality. It's up to them.

GRA
26-04-2021, 09:39 PM
Never mind this whole Macey v Rocky debate for the GK position any chance we can get big Conrad back on another short term contract for the game?! 😉

Stuart93
26-04-2021, 09:39 PM
they were scintillating yesterday. Should be a good game

Aye they were good yesterday. McNulty looked on fire.

AFKA5814_Hibs
26-04-2021, 09:40 PM
Happy with that. They looked impressive on Sunday, but that had a lot to do with Aberdeen being woeful. I take it Siegrist is out for the season? He saved them from a mauling at Easter Road back in December.

Nakedmanoncrack
26-04-2021, 09:40 PM
Any idea what the kick off times & TV channel are likely to be? I know it will be one on Sat, one on Sun.

WhileTheChief..
26-04-2021, 09:42 PM
Weekend of 8/9th May?

Borderhibbie76
26-04-2021, 09:43 PM
Any idea what the kick off times & TV channel are likely to be? I know it will be one on Sat, one on Sun.

I'd say we are nailed on the be the Sunday on Premier

Greenio
26-04-2021, 09:43 PM

Also, any time what time the final will be?

WeeRussell
26-04-2021, 09:44 PM

I’ll be (pleasantly) surprised if we are not premier sports. But nah I don’t really know other than that hunch.

gaz1875
26-04-2021, 09:48 PM
I'd say we are nailed on the be the Sunday on Premier

Both on Premier.

Northernhibee
26-04-2021, 09:52 PM
St Mirren vs St Johnstone h2h this season is two wins for Perth Saints, one for St Mirren.

gaz1875
26-04-2021, 09:52 PM
Was anyone else thinking Marv had the Hibs ball in his pocket?

147lothian
26-04-2021, 09:56 PM
Happy with that. They looked impressive on Sunday, but that had a lot to do with Aberdeen being woeful. I take it Siegrist is out for the season? He saved them from a mauling at Easter Road back in December.

Yeah he is out for the season, they signed Ben Doohen I think that's his name? On emergency loan from Celtic, I don't know what he is like?

Onion
26-04-2021, 09:59 PM
At start of the season, if we were offered a semifinal v Dundee United, then a final against either St Mirren or St Johnstone to win the Scottish Cup we'd think we were dreaming. Fear of success is our biggest opponent.

green day
26-04-2021, 10:00 PM
At start of the season, if we were offered a semifinal v Dundee United, then a final against either St Mirren or St Johnstone to win the Scottish Cup we'd think we were dreaming. Fear of success is our biggest opponent.

:top marks

Sir David Gray
26-04-2021, 10:00 PM

Yep.

Franck Stanton
26-04-2021, 10:01 PM
Before draw as made I genuinely didn't care who we got in semi as, imo, the only team capable of stopping us from winning the cup is Hibs themselves.
Depends which hibs turn up.

Del Boy
26-04-2021, 10:05 PM
United, if they play like they did yesterday, will be a very tough fixture. Aberdeen were poor but they were constantly pressed by a very energetic and aggressive United team. They’ve got 3 good goal scorers in McNulty, Clark and Shankland. Don’t think their midfield has much quality but they work hard. Their defence isn’t great but big centre half Edwards is very good in the air.

AFKA5814_Hibs
26-04-2021, 10:05 PM
Yeah he is out for the season, they signed Ben Doohen I think that's his name? On emergency loan from Celtic, I don't know what he is like?

That's good to know. The guy Mehmet made some good saves but the commentator said he's only made 40 odd appearances in his entire career and he's 28, so not played much.

007 Mickey Weir
26-04-2021, 10:06 PM
Before draw as made I genuinely didn't care who we got in semi as, imo, the only team capable of stopping us from winning the cup is Hibs themselves.
Depends which hibs turn up.

You are so right

callumwatt32
26-04-2021, 10:07 PM
Both on Premier.Premier get first pick to show one semi final exclusively. The other is shown on both Premier & BBC. Think we're almost guaranteed to be the exclusive...

chrisski33
26-04-2021, 10:15 PM
Utd will be tougher this time round. Would have preferred St.Mirren

NAE NOOKIE
26-04-2021, 10:19 PM
Didn't want St Johnstone so happy enough with Dundee United. United were very good against Aberdeen, but there's no doubt Aberdeen were as poor as they have been in years, they were hard pushed to beat Dumbarton in the last round and continued that form against United, not to mention a huge effort against Celtic in midweek whereas United rested several vital players against Killie, so perhaps it wasn't as brilliant a United performance as it looked.

Anyway somebody made a good point further back in the thread, we are as good or better than any of the teams left in the competition and it's time we started living up to our potential and our position in the league. St Johnstone might have put Rangers out, but the truth is they carried a huge slice of luck against a surprisingly apathetic Huns, Hibs have probably been the one team to give Rangers a hard game every time we have played them this season and if we can bring those performances into the Dundee United game we are well capable of beating them and whoever we get in the final.

Sir David Gray
26-04-2021, 10:19 PM
United, if they play like they did yesterday, will be a very tough fixture. Aberdeen were poor but they were constantly pressed by a very energetic and aggressive United team. They’ve got 3 good goal scorers in McNulty, Clark and Shankland. Don’t think their midfield has much quality but they work hard. Their defence isn’t great but big centre half Edwards is very good in the air.

We'll need to earn it of course but the fact that they are in the bottom six suggests that performances like yesterday's have been the exception rather than the rule for them this season.

Sean1875
26-04-2021, 10:20 PM
I’ve got more faith in St Mirren to get a result against St Johnstone than Dundee Utd.
With Siegrist now out for the season that’s a big boost for us. Aye United played well yesterday but that was largely down to Aberdeen’s defence being an utter shambles and also providing no threat on the counter, or at all in fact. Confident we can beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bishop Hibee
26-04-2021, 10:20 PM
On the threshold of our greatest season since we won the league in 1951/52.

Magpie
26-04-2021, 10:26 PM
Out of the other three teams left I think that our performances against Dundee Utd this season were the better. I expect they will rest a few of their players this weekend and will give us a good game but as long as we take our chances on the day I think we will win without too many problems.

TelaStella
26-04-2021, 10:28 PM
St Johnstone pose the biggest threat to us and winning this cup. Ideally I’d of preferred them in the semis as it leaves us either taking care of them on the 2nd time of asking or it leaves us... well the usual, Hey ho. I see them as an even bigger threat should they manage to reach the final, with all that extra momentum behind them. Don’t fancy St Mirren at all btw but hope I might be wrong there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JammyDoidger
26-04-2021, 10:45 PM
Doidge boyle and nisbet against an aging Mark Reynolds on the hampden pitch fills me with excitement.

500miles
26-04-2021, 10:47 PM
If Doidge and Boyle can maintain form we're in a really good place.

plhibs
26-04-2021, 11:03 PM
Aye they were good yesterday. McNulty looked on fire.

Don't think he does that very often these days, hope so anyway:greengrin

King Cosell
26-04-2021, 11:05 PM
Hibs 2/1
St Johnstone 11/4
Dundee Utd 10/3
St Mirren 11/2

SanFranHibs
27-04-2021, 12:06 AM
Hibs 2/1
St Johnstone 11/4
Dundee Utd 10/3
St Mirren 11/2

At those odds could bet three teams against St Mirren and make a HUGE profit...lol

100 on Hibs = 300

90 on St Johnstone = 337.50

85 on Dundee Utd = 368.33

basehibby
27-04-2021, 12:28 AM
That's a good draw for us I reckon - we would all have been a bit nervous facing St Johnstone in a semi again so soon after the League Cup disaster. We've played well against Utd this season though so should be able to approach the game with a good degree of confidence.

Bangkok Hibby
27-04-2021, 01:05 AM
At those odds could bet three teams against St Mirren and make a HUGE profit...lol

100 on Hibs = 300

90 on St Johnstone = 337.50

85 on Dundee Utd = 368.33

127.37 on Hibs
96.30 on St Johnstone
83.33 on DU

Outlay 300, Returns 361.11 whoever wins. Profit 61.11

Disclaimer...only using the prices quoted, I can't get these prices.

California-Hibs
27-04-2021, 02:22 AM
Someone please clear this us conclusively. Is Boyle available or not available for the Semi??

Unseen work
27-04-2021, 06:26 AM
Personally think it suits us that United will come out and attack us.

It will be a tough game don’t get me wrong but I fancy us to get the job done.

My main fear about the cup final is a Tommy Wright team with Lafferty up top, you can see it already.

FilipinoHibs
27-04-2021, 06:32 AM

My main fear about the cup final is a Tommy Wright team with Lafferty up top, you can see it already.

I agree but Killie got knocked out.

Since90+2
27-04-2021, 06:32 AM

It's St Mirren in the other semi?

Onceinawhile
27-04-2021, 06:35 AM
Someone please clear this us conclusively. Is Boyle available or not available for the Semi??

Yes.

JeMeSouviens
27-04-2021, 06:42 AM

Available.

Crunchie
27-04-2021, 06:45 AM

It's just common sense.
I don't think there's much between any of the teams left, it's not as if there's a brora rangers in there now is it :greengrin.

Nothing to do with bravado, if we turn up and play to our best we'll win, if we don't we'll lose.

Sir David Gray
27-04-2021, 06:48 AM

3 bookings before a suspension, he's only had 2.

California-Hibs
27-04-2021, 06:54 AM
3 bookings before a suspension, he's only had 2.

Geezo, so if we get to the final we need to keep absolutely everything crossed he doesn't get a booking in the Semi!!

Sir David Gray
27-04-2021, 06:54 AM
Geezo, so if we get to the final we need to keep absolutely everything crossed he doesn't get a booking in the Semi!!

All bookings are wiped for the final, a player can only miss the final if they're sent off in the semi.

Borderhibbie76
27-04-2021, 06:55 AM

Previous bookings are wiped out at semi final stage

JohnMcM
27-04-2021, 08:13 AM

They did a good job of dismantling an out of form Aberdeen so they have it in them.

Hibbyradge
27-04-2021, 08:18 AM
I don't think there's much between any of the teams left, it's not as if there's a brora rangers in there now is it :greengrin.

Nothing to do with bravado, if we turn up and play to our best we'll win, if we don't we'll lose.

I know that, but surely you understand that the weakest team is beatable with less of a performance than the best teams would be so if we don't have our A game, we could still qualify?

Anyway, it's hypothetical now.

Crazyhorse
27-04-2021, 08:29 AM

I agree. I think we will beat DUFC but Hibs in a final as favourites always does my head in. For every Kilmarnock victory there seems to be a dire Ross County or Livi defeat and a long depressing drive back home.

Anyway whatever happens this has been a great season and I will congratulate the team whatever happens. They do however have the opportunity to become legends of the club I hope they grasp it.

SaulGoodman
27-04-2021, 08:32 AM
I agree. I think we will beat DUFC but Hibs in a final as favourites always does my head in. For every Kilmarnock victory there seems to be a dire Ross County or Livi defeat and a long depressing drive back home.

Anyway whatever happens this has been a great season and I will congratulate the team whatever happens. They do however have the opportunity to become legends of the club I hope they grasp it.

Well.. at least we’ll no have the depressing drive home this year :greengrin

Since452
27-04-2021, 09:02 AM
Hate myself for getting excited but i think we'll beat Dundee United and i think we'll win the cup despite experience telling me otherwise.

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2021, 09:08 AM

Livi and Ross County were both above us in the league. Livi were just simply a better team, Ross County got massive luck on their side and we missed 3 absolutely key players in Hanlon, McGeouch and Fyvie. Literally the 3 players who got us from defence to attack. In one off games those things make a huge difference.

On a side note, Only 2 times I've seen Hibs go into a final with their own squad fully fit. 2007, we won easily. 2016 we won.

We're a good side, the best one left in the competition. Miles ahead of them all in the league. Gotta believe we can do it.

Since452
27-04-2021, 09:12 AM
Livi and Ross County were both well above us in the league. Livi were just simply a better team, Ross County got massive luck on their side and we missed 3 absolutely key players in Hanlon, McGeouch and Fyvie. Literally the 3 players who got us from defence to attack. In one off games those things make a huge difference.

On a side note, Only 2 times I've seen Hibs go into a final with their own squad fully fit. 2007, we won easily. 2016 we won.

We're a good side, the best one left in the competition. Miles ahead of them all in the league. Gotta believe we can do it.

And thats the crux of it. We are a good side. The 3rd best in Scotland over 35 games so far. We need to believe that.

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2021, 09:16 AM
And thats the crux of it. We are a good side. The 3rd best in Scotland over 35 games so far. We need to believe that.

We were the best side in 2016 as well, we had Rangers number that season, they just had less injuries in the run in. The players knew they could beat them, especially from set plays.

Stairway 2 7
27-04-2021, 09:24 AM
Hate the defeatist pessimistic attitude we have, it's infectious. I think that can be our problem against hearts sometimes. They think they are going to win every Derby even when they have no right. I think that's why sauzee had there number, he knew they were pish and he would stroll it.

If we turn up we'll win both games. We're looking at their good players, but they will be looking at our front 3 wanting none of them

WeeRussell
27-04-2021, 09:26 AM
Everyone seems happy to write-off St Mirren and St Mirren only, and even talking of betting hundreds of pounds on them not winning? Based on losing a couple of bad goals last night? They played some pretty nice stuff going forward and created a lot of chances, and were also on a decent run recently, have beat both halves of the old firm within the last 5 months.

I don’t think St Johnstone are certainties to progress by any means.

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2021, 09:29 AM
Our name is on the cup, AGAIN.:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Since452
27-04-2021, 09:30 AM
Hate the defeatist pessimistic attitude we have, it's infectious. I think that can be our problem against hearts sometimes. They think they are going to win every Derby even when they have no right. I think that's why sauzee had there number, he knew they were pish and he would stroll it.

If we turn up we'll win both games. We're looking at their good players, but they will be looking at our front 3 wanting none of them

We're winning this cup

Bristolhibby
27-04-2021, 09:37 AM

Indeed. It’s called being a Hibs fan.

Another omen. I didn’t make the 2016 final. I won’t be making any final this year either.

J

Zazu62
27-04-2021, 09:40 AM
When will the dates tv ect be announced?

calumhibee1
27-04-2021, 09:51 AM
When will the dates tv ect be announced?

Hopefully soon. Can’t take long to confirm two games

Wilson
27-04-2021, 09:54 AM
Everyone seems happy to write-off St Mirren and St Mirren only, and even talking of betting hundreds of pounds on them not winning? Based on losing a couple of bad goals last night? They played some pretty nice stuff going forward and created a lot of chances, and were also on a decent run recently, have beat both halves of the old firm within the last 5 months.

I don’t think St Johnstone are certainties to progress by any means.

I'm with you. I don't think they fear St. Johnstone especially. Another tight game that can go either way.

bingo70
27-04-2021, 09:56 AM
Not sure if this is the best place to mention it but I see Dundee United fans gathered to give their players a big send off when they were leaving tannadice for the game on Sunday. Thought it looked great to be fair to them and no doubt they’ll be doing the same for the semi final.

Wonder if the Hibs singing section (forget what they’re called now) would consider doing something similar for the Hibs team bus leaving?

JammyDoidger
27-04-2021, 11:44 AM
Give me our squad over any of the 3 teams left.
Dundee United have goals in them if they are at it, but we are a better side, defensively and going forward.
St Johnstone's success is down to hard work and organisation, if we can match them in that, our quality will shine through, don't lose silly goals from set pieces and get the first goal, the cups ours if that's who we face if we reach the final.
And jack ross has St.mirrens number, we are better than them in every department.
Positivity from everyone won't go a miss, we are the biggest and best side left, let's do this.

Northernhibee
27-04-2021, 03:52 PM
Give me our squad over any of the 3 teams left.
Dundee United have goals in them if they are at it, but we are a better side, defensively and going forward.
St Johnstone's success is down to hard work and organisation, if we can match them in that, our quality will shine through, don't lose silly goals from set pieces and get the first goal, the cups ours if that's who we face if we reach the final.
And jack ross has St.mirrens number, we are better than them in every department.
Positivity from everyone won't go a miss, we are the biggest and best side left, let's do this.

St Johnstone's success is from a squad of players and backroom staff that have been there for years and know each other and how they play.

Otherwise, we need to go in all guns blazing. Finish the season with no regrets.