PDA

View Full Version : Gogic

Dalianwanda
24-04-2021, 09:08 PM
He just seems to get better and better. He was everywhere today harrying, hassling & easing the opposition off the ball. Talk of the front 3 coming into form at the right time, Gogics rise is just as important.

Hibbyradge
24-04-2021, 09:09 PM
He'll be a huge miss in the semifinal.

Vault Boy
24-04-2021, 09:10 PM
Such a damn shame he got booked so late on. Other than that, he was absolutely terrific. A genuinely perfect signing, exactly what we needed.

O'Rourke3
24-04-2021, 09:13 PM
Man of the match for me today. Thought the second booking was a joke but Beaton generally made some baffling decisions, the worst was listening to the lino. Post Gogic, no idea who the bookings were for that came straight after.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Big_Franck
Between him and Porteous for MOM for me. Gogic wins so many 50/50 headers when they come back in to our midfield it's unreal. He's the only one of our midfielders that senses a counter attack and the only one that offers a physical presence. He's also a bit better on the ball than some fans give him credit for.

Pretty Boy
I thought our midfield was superb today for all but a crazy 20 minute spell at the end of normal time and the start of ET.

A few people were singling out players for a bit of criticism but we had a decent Motherwell team pinned back for long spells and absolutely bossed possession. Even when they initially went 3 up top we were pretty comfortable. A goal from nothing and it all fell apart a bit. In saying that we recovered well and got ourselves back into the game pretty quickly in ET. The fresh legs helped.

Gogic was the pick of the bunch though. He broke up play constantly but more than that he can play a bit too. A really good signing who keeps improving.

Danderhall Hibs
Between him and Porteous for MOM for me. Gogic wins so many 50/50 headers when they come back in to our midfield it's unreal. He's the only one of our midfielders that senses a counter attack and the only one that offers a physical presence. He's also a bit better on the ball than some fans give him credit for.

:agree: both were excellent today

Andy74
24-04-2021, 09:14 PM
Much better than Campbell who I thought was pretty anonymous again.

gaz1875
24-04-2021, 09:17 PM
Gogic went in to calm things down and that prick Gallagher I think it was pushed him, Gogic pushed him back as the ref turned around. It should have been both booked or none.

Danderhall Hibs
Much better than Campbell who I thought was pretty anonymous again.

Should’ve picked up an early booking for his swing and a miss when Gogic ran away from him.

IberianHibernian
Yes . Gogic was my MOM today . I like to see Hibs teams play attractive , attacking football so admit that I don`t get excited about a player like Gogic being one of our better players but thought he was great today .

Roxyhibee
24-04-2021, 09:18 PM
Was simply immense for us today. Kept going with the same amount of intensity when we flagged in the second half and Motherwell came at us. He did so many little touches that broke up their passing. Hopefully we’ll have him for the final

Andy74
24-04-2021, 09:19 PM
Should’ve picked up an early booking for his swing and a miss when Gogic ran away from him.

Yeah agree.

hibbysam
24-04-2021, 09:21 PM
Gogic went in to calm things down and that prick Gallagher I think it was pushed him, Gogic pushed him back as the ref turned around. It should have been both booked or none.

Both them got booked.

Just_Jimmy
24-04-2021, 09:26 PM
shouldn't have got involved to get sent off but otherwise excellent. huge miss for semi.

has finally filled the Marvin Bartley role, who filled the Matty jack role.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
24-04-2021, 09:30 PM
Has a great eye for getting into space with the ball. We don't make as much use of it as we should as players are slow to react.

gaz1875
24-04-2021, 09:31 PM
Both them got booked.

Gallagher wasn't booked.

hibbysam
24-04-2021, 09:35 PM
Gallagher wasn't booked.

Yes, he was. He flashed the yellow and pointed at him before giving Gogic it who was standing right beside him.

e2los
24-04-2021, 09:41 PM
Semi finale is going to be difficult without Gogic.
We are so much better when he is playing.

degenerated
24-04-2021, 09:46 PM
Yes, he was. He flashed the yellow and pointed at him before giving Gogic it who was standing right beside him.He wasn't, O'Hara and McGinley were the only ones booked for Motherwell.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

Oranje39
24-04-2021, 09:47 PM
Best I've saw him play. I've not been overly impressed previously, hopefully he can carry it on til the end of the season. :thumbsup:

hibbysam
24-04-2021, 09:53 PM
He wasn't, O'Hara and McGinley were the only ones booked for Motherwell.

I suggest you watch it back, fire sportscene on. Beaton can’t be clearer, he walks over, points straight at Gallagher, gives the yellow, puts the yellow down, turns and points at Gogic and gives him the yellow and red. Gallagher was 100% booked.

gaz1875
24-04-2021, 09:58 PM
I suggest you watch it back, fire sportscene on. Beaton can’t be clearer, he walks over, points straight at Gallagher, gives the yellow, puts the yellow down, turns and points at Gogic and gives him the yellow and red. Gallagher was 100% booked.

Haha look at the match report, the yellow was for Gogic he then pulled out the red as it was his second booking.

Pretty Boy
24-04-2021, 10:00 PM
According to the Livescore stats the bookings today were:

Gogic 45
Boyle 88
O'Hara 112
Irvine 115
Gogic 120
McGinley 120
Halberg 120
Campbell 120

gaz1875
24-04-2021, 10:03 PM
According to the Livescore stats the bookings today were:

Gogic 45
Boyle 88
O'Hara 112
Irvine 115
Gogic 120
McGinley 120
Halberg 120
Campbell 120

I was surprised Gallagher wasn't booked despite being one of the instigators.

Fergus52
I was very critical of his technique and ability on the ball earlier in the season, and thought we were better without him in the team.

In recent weeks he's completely proved me wrong and is easily one of our most important players. So important to the team right now and will be a massive miss in the semi.

hibbysam
Haha look at the match report, the yellow was for Gogic he then pulled out the red as it was his second booking.

Why look at a match report when you could watch the referee himself? He flashes the yellow twice, the first one walks right past Gogic and points at Gallagher who looks miffed, and then he turns around, points at Gogic and books him before pulling out the red. He booked Hallberg and the left back over at the ball so no confusion there either.

gaz1875
24-04-2021, 10:10 PM
Why look at a match report when you could watch the referee himself? He flashes the yellow twice, the first one walks right past Gogic and points at Gallagher who looks miffed, and then he turns around, points at Gogic and books him before pulling out the red. He booked Hallberg and the left back over at the ball so no confusion there either.

Okay :aok:

Smartie
24-04-2021, 10:31 PM
He'll be a massive loss in the semi. Gogic has arguably become our most indispensable player as we don't have anyone else who does what he does (Boyle is probably of equal importance) - we have better players, but we have alternatives for their positions.

As the season has gone on he seems to have become better and better. I never really feel his "lack of ability" is ever obvious - he knows his limitations and is still very competent at footballing basics. His strengths are huge though.

We could do with a kind cup draw.

truehibernian
24-04-2021, 11:05 PM
Really disappointed for him being sent off, which is softened by the warm glow he was right in the thug Gallagher's face and standing up for his teammates :aok:

My thoughts are that if it were a player with a reputation a la Brown, Naismith or Morelos it would have been a ticking off :cb a typical Beaton sending off in my opinion, one which will never get scrutiny.

GreyJammies
24-04-2021, 11:18 PM
I'd say he is the greatest Hibernian of the modern era.

I love him.

tamig
25-04-2021, 12:26 AM

The ref showed Gallacher the yellow. Then Gogic. The red was then flashed at Gogic. Both were booked. Despite whatever match report you’re reading says.

EdinMike
25-04-2021, 12:31 AM
I’ve said for months he’s been one of the unsung hero’s most week, I’d love to see one of those “Heatmaps” for him cause he always seems to be everywhere !

Heisenberg
25-04-2021, 05:53 AM
He’ll be a huge miss in the semi final.

degenerated
25-04-2021, 06:21 AM
I suggest you watch it back, fire sportscene on. Beaton can’t be clearer, he walks over, points straight at Gallagher, gives the yellow, puts the yellow down, turns and points at Gogic and gives him the yellow and red. Gallagher was 100% booked.I can't find a single source that shows Gallagher as getting a yellow card.

Hibby Kay-Yay
25-04-2021, 06:36 AM
I can't find a single source that shows Gallagher as getting a yellow card.

Have you asked the ref? :wink:

degenerated
25-04-2021, 06:39 AM
Have you asked the ref? :wink:I'll nip over to the Loudon tavern beer garden the morns afternoon and ask him .

Aldo
25-04-2021, 06:39 AM
Think we should be looking at a wee contract extension as he’s only got another year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scooter
25-04-2021, 06:44 AM
Said it on another thread he was superb yesterday. MOTM for me but Ryan very close behind.

One Day
25-04-2021, 06:54 AM
The ref showed Gallacher the yellow. Then Gogic. The red was then flashed at Gogic. Both were booked. Despite whatever match report you’re reading says.

Thats how I saw it too

Sir David Gray
25-04-2021, 07:15 AM
I can't find a single source that shows Gallagher as getting a yellow card.

I think most match reports will just copy their stats from the same source so if one says something then they all say it.

It definitely looks like Beaton flashes the yellow card twice before then bringing out the red card for Gogic and it does look as if he points the two yellow cards in different directions.

danhibees1875
25-04-2021, 07:20 AM
I get that it's almost impossible to control your emotions and act rationally but it's just stupidity from Hibs/Halberg/Gogic really.

If Halberg just shrugs his shoulders at the challenge and let's the ref crack on with it then McGinley gets booked and that's it. Instead, for the sake of some finger waving and shouting, Halberg also gets booked, others join in and Gogic gets himself suspended for some needless handbags.

Sir David Gray
25-04-2021, 07:24 AM
I get that it's almost impossible to control your emotions and act rationally but it's just stupidity from Hibs/Halberg/Gogic really.

If Halberg just shrugs his shoulders at the challenge and let's the ref crack on with it then McGinley gets booked and that's it. Instead, for the sake of some finger waving and shouting, Halberg also gets booked, others join in and Gogic gets himself suspended for some needless handbags.

Yep crazy to get involved in that, particularly at that stage in the game.

Although it may have been soft, I don't think Hallberg could have complained if he had also been sent off for the little kick out at McGinley as he was on the ground. Stupid reactions from both of them.

danhibees1875
25-04-2021, 07:30 AM
Yep crazy to get involved in that, particularly at that stage in the game.

Although it may have been soft, I don't think Hallberg could have complained if he had also been sent off for the little kick out at McGinley as he was on the ground. Stupid reactions from both of them.

I thought McGinley was going to make more of that - he sort of half flinched at the little kick then decided not to go any further.

It wasn't even a malicious tackle from what I remember, just one of those annoying ones where they're ought to be something slightly stronger than a yellow card for as it breaks up our attack without much advantage to us (even less when our players react to it).

McD
25-04-2021, 07:39 AM
I thought McGinley was going to make more of that - he sort of half flinched at the little kick then decided not to go any further.

It wasn't even a malicious tackle from what I remember, just one of those annoying ones where they're ought to be something slightly stronger than a yellow card for as it breaks up our attack without much advantage to us (even less when our players react to it).

Craigan made the point that Halberg could have just got up and taken the free kick quickly and we’d still have had an attacking advantage (which is why McGinley fouled in the first place), which would have possibly got us a winner and would have stopped any of the handbags from happening

danhibees1875
25-04-2021, 07:47 AM
Craigan made the point that Halberg could have just got up and taken the free kick quickly and we’d still have had an attacking advantage (which is why McGinley fouled in the first place), which would have possibly got us a winner and would have stopped any of the handbags from happening

Potentially yes. :agree:

The ref might have pulled it all back to give out the yellow - even though they're encouraged not to and book later. It would have been the better option to take regardless.

Hibbyradge
25-04-2021, 08:48 AM
Is there any point appealing the yellow card?

Might it delay the suspension?

hibbysam
25-04-2021, 08:49 AM
Is there any point appealing the yellow card?

Might it delay the suspension?

Can’t appeal. Only simulation and mistaken identity can be appealed.

Callyballybe
25-04-2021, 09:57 AM
With him being sent off, and if we get past the semi final, will he be available for the final?

Hibbyradge
25-04-2021, 10:06 AM
Can’t appeal. Only simulation and mistaken identity can be appealed.

Of course.

Hibbyradge
25-04-2021, 10:07 AM
With him being sent off, and if we get past the semi final, will he be available for the final?

Unless he gets sent off sitting in the stand, he will be.

Alex Edwards could probably have managed that! 😁

Sir David Gray
25-04-2021, 10:11 AM

I think the only thing that would see him suspended for the final would be if he was sent off for violent conduct on the final day of the league season as I think those suspensions are immediate bans regardless of whether it's league or cup.

JohnM1875
25-04-2021, 10:12 AM

Then Craigan is talking nonsense as usual. No way Beaton would have let us take a quick free kick.

He made us take a free kick about one yard further back in the middle of the pitch but let them take free kicks from wherever and walk half a mile when taking a throw in all game.

Also, I hate those kind of tackles. Should be a red for me. Its blatent cheating. 'professional foul' nothing professional about it.

Fergus52
25-04-2021, 10:13 AM
Just hope we can avoid rangers in the semi now.

Will be a tough game without gogic regardless of who we get, but I'd feel more comfortable with hallberg or magennis coming into midfield against any of the other teams left.

Callyballybe
25-04-2021, 10:52 AM

Alex Edwards could probably have managed that! 😁

I think the only thing that would see him suspended for the final would be if he was sent off for violent conduct on the final day of the league season as I think those suspensions are immediate bans regardless of whether it's league or cup.

Ah, was under the impression that a sending off merited a two game suspension - Thanks both.

LaMotta
25-04-2021, 01:55 PM
Then Craigan is talking nonsense as usual. No way Beaton would have let us take a quick free kick.

He made us take a free kick about one yard further back in the middle of the pitch but let them take free kicks from wherever and walk half a mile when taking a throw in all game.

Also, I hate those kind of tackles. Should be a red for me. Its blatent cheating. 'professional foul' nothing professional about it.

Exactly mate.:agree:

Can't believe the stick Hallberg is getting for his reaction. Completely understandable after a challenge like that and I thought it was good to see a bit of passion like that from him.

The worst thing about the incident was the lack of Hibs bodies in there to help Hallberg out. And of course Gogic picking up the yellow.

O'Rourke3
25-04-2021, 02:18 PM

Alex Edwards could probably have managed that! [emoji16]I'm sure Bobby Thompson did [emoji1787]

monarch
25-04-2021, 03:43 PM
I'm sure Bobby Thompson did [emoji1787]

Apparently, if I remember correctly, assaulting a linesman didn’t go down very well with the beaks at the SFA. Think he got a six month suspension !!

Callum_62
25-04-2021, 04:21 PM
https://twitter.com/ahsouter/status/1386010274067591171?s=19

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

McD
25-04-2021, 05:12 PM

No arguments from me mate, said the same about Beaton and their throw ins myself

Sir David Gray
26-04-2021, 06:41 AM
I think most match reports will just copy their stats from the same source so if one says something then they all say it.

It definitely looks like Beaton flashes the yellow card twice before then bringing out the red card for Gogic and it does look as if he points the two yellow cards in different directions.

SFA match report confirms Gallagher was indeed booked.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-cup-matches/?mid=251419

hibbysam
26-04-2021, 06:56 AM
SFA match report confirms Gallagher was indeed booked.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-cup-matches/?mid=251419

Unsurprising, clear as day.