PDA

View Full Version : Radio Jambo

Greenbeard
24-04-2021, 08:48 PM
Got myself all set up in the garden in the sun with a wee swally and the radio headphones on tuned to Radio Scotland only for them to say 5 mins before KO that the Hibs game would start on Medium Wave (not available on my up to date headphones) while on FM they were staying at Tiny Castle to provide live coverage of the trophy presentation. WTF! A trophy presentation on the f***ing radio given priority over a Cup QF. F***king Radio Jambo so it is.

Boominator
24-04-2021, 08:53 PM
I was in same position on the balcony at front door. Absolutely boiling when that was the decision.

Danderhall Hibs
24-04-2021, 08:56 PM
MW is the main channel though isn’t it? That’s the frequency they use for DAB.

Having said that I was listening earlier and at the hearts game they had Preston, Levein and Mitchell. All jambos- I think Mikey Stewart was there as well (although he was at our game lasted so not sure if my ears got it wrong?).

Have we ever had a game on radio with such a Hibs bias?

cam75
24-04-2021, 09:10 PM
I was in the same situation,wife wanted me to walk the dogs with her,was fuming that they had the trophy presentation over the main game of the day,missed the 1st 30 mins of the rollercoaster 😂

O'Rourke3
24-04-2021, 09:30 PM
MW is the main channel though isn’t it? That’s the frequency they use for DAB.

Having said that I was listening earlier and at the hearts game they had Preston, Levein and Mitchell. All jambos- I think Mikey Stewart was there as well (although he was at our game lasted so not sure if my ears got it wrong?).

Have we ever had a game on radio with such a Hibs bias?For a main channel MW is on the way out completely in the UK. Beeb dropped loads of channels this week in England. I suspect the decision was when they split the FM frequency regionally a few years back so ICT/ Ross Country/Grampian/Central had commentaries leaving MW to the Old Firm all over Scotland. In order to make sure that was all on DAB. I was at the game when we had the Championship presentation so can't confirm if that game was the whole programme. . Be good to know they've always done this or just the current Jambo love in

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
24-04-2021, 09:37 PM
For a main channel MW is on the way out completely in the UK. Beeb dropped loads of channels this week in England. I suspect the decision was when they split the FM frequency regionally a few years back so ICT/ Ross Country/Grampian/Central had commentaries leaving MW to the Old Firm all over Scotland. In order to make sure that was all on DAB. I was at the game when we had the Championship presentation so can't confirm if that game was the whole programme. . Be good to know they've always done this or just the current Jambo love in

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yeah MW is old but it’s the same as DAB which is the most uptodate so presumably putting out game on DAB was the right thing to do?