PDA

View Full Version : Covid Ban Appeals Dismissed

Greenbeard
22-04-2021, 04:19 PM
Sticky Bun's appeals failed. 6 match bans to stand. But they have got what they wanted ie a delay to the start of the bans to allow Paterson to cover Tavernier's absence. Makes you boak.

Billy Whizz
22-04-2021, 04:28 PM
Sticky Bun's appeals failed. 6 match bans to stand. But they have got what they wanted ie a delay to the start of the bans to allow Paterson to cover Tavernier's absence. Makes you boak.

It does, means they won’t play again this season, 3 league games left, and a maximum of 3 cup games too

NASAHIBS
22-04-2021, 04:36 PM
It does, means they won’t play again this season, 3 league games left, and a maximum of 3 cup games too

Looks like 2 of the games held over to end of the season Billy. So misses 2 league and 2 cup(if they get through).

Hibbyradge
22-04-2021, 04:38 PM

On the face of it, it is a bit galling, but the appeal system is there for every club to use so we can't really blame anyone for doing so.

Hibbyradge
22-04-2021, 04:40 PM
Looks like 2 of the games held over to end of the season Billy. So misses 2 league and 2 cup(if they get through).

As long as they have their strongest team out against Aberdeen! :wink:

Billy Whizz
22-04-2021, 04:44 PM

Just reading this thanks

tamig
22-04-2021, 04:52 PM
On the face of it, it is a bit galling, but the appeal system is there for every club to use so we can't really blame anyone for doing so.

I think the more questionable part of it is why it had to take so long to deal with the appeals?

Greenbeard
22-04-2021, 05:14 PM
I think the more questionable part of it is why it had to take so long to deal with the appeals?

That is obvious. Once Tavernier was back playing. 😉

JimBHibees
23-04-2021, 05:56 AM

Agree appeals on bans are usually dealt with in days. This seems to have had an enormous timeline. Party reported middle of Feb. Appeal in March I think, dismissal 3rd week in April. In between times Rangers have won the league and knocked out Celtic in the cup. If the young boy had been banned v us recently they didn't have a right back as Tavernier was injured still as was Balogun so who knows who would have played there. As it was they were ok. Seems very suspicious imo.

O'Rourke3
23-04-2021, 12:28 PM
Agree appeals on bans are usually dealt with in days. This seems to have had an enormous timeline. Party reported middle of Feb. Appeal in March I think, dismissal 3rd week in April. In between times Rangers have won the league and knocked out Celtic in the cup. If the young boy had been banned v us recently they didn't have a right back as Tavernier was injured still as was Balogun so who knows who would have played there. As it was they were ok. Seems very suspicious imo.But according to the fans the governing bodies are all out to get them....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
23-04-2021, 01:48 PM
But according to the fans the governing bodies are all out to get them....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yep their lack of awareness is legendary.