PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene

Spike Mandela
21-04-2021, 11:40 PM
Two almost identical penalties tonight in the game yet Sportscene approach the first one with the emphasis on whether Boyle dived or not and on the second one they focused on MacGennis poor touch and then foul.

Ultimately, almost grudgingly, they concede Hibs’ was indeed a penalty but it’s the clear agenda on trying to brand Boyle a diver that annoys me. Such blatant agenda setting.

ekhibee
21-04-2021, 11:54 PM
Two almost identical penalties tonight in the game yet Sportscene approach the first one with the emphasis on whether Boyle dived or not and on the second one they focused on MacGennis poor touch and then foul.

Ultimately, almost grudgingly, they concede Hibs’ was indeed a penalty but it’s the clear agenda on trying to brand Boyle a diver that annoys me. Such blatant agenda setting.

I used to quite like Thomson when he was giving analysis, but he's a rubbish Sportscene presenter, even worse than Jonathen and on a par with David Currie.

matty_f
22-04-2021, 12:11 AM
It was infuriating. Thompson said something like “rightly or wrongly, Martin Boyle has gained a reputation for diving “ - the reputation came from Sportscene’s poor analysis and coverage of him, FFS!!!

JohnMcM
22-04-2021, 12:20 AM
It was infuriating. Thompson said something like “rightly or wrongly, Martin Boyle has gained a reputation for diving “ - the reputation came from Sportscene’s poor analysis and coverage of him, FFS!!!

It don’t really matter none- we know the truth

CentreLine
22-04-2021, 02:00 AM
Thought it was strange the focus was all on Boyle and their manufactured “reputation” for diving. They didn’t even show the Forrest dive that correctly picked up a booking.

hibsbollah
22-04-2021, 05:23 AM
If you say something often enough it becomes true. FFS a guy like Pawlett who has dived throughout his career gets an easier time than Boyle. It’s a joke agenda for a joke of a programme.

GRA
22-04-2021, 06:00 AM
The fact they were even trying to debate what was a clear penalty is frustrating. Like when he got booked at Ibrox for nothing a few days ago. Unfairly building a false reputation IMO.

hibbysam
22-04-2021, 06:17 AM
Mikey Stewart on Sportsound as well. Folk will probably still stick up for him but the boys an absolute throbber.

Onion
22-04-2021, 06:18 AM
The fact they were even trying to debate what was a clear penalty is frustrating. Like when he got booked at Ibrox for nothing a few days ago. Unfairly building a false reputation IMO.

They dislike Hibs. Boyle's a great player, often unplayable and makes us tick. Glasgow/Hearts loving media try their best to disrupt him anyway they can. No surprise there.

Main thing Boyle ignores the noise and does his thing.

patlowe
22-04-2021, 07:26 AM
They dislike Hibs. Boyle's a great player, often unplayable and makes us tick. Glasgow/Hearts loving media try their best to disrupt him anyway they can. No surprise there.

Main thing Boyle ignores the noise and does his thing.

Personally I think Hibs and Ross have had a pretty decent time of it in the media this season. This is fair given we are in 3rd but I've also heard a lot of the 'Hibs play great football' trope and gushing praise for players like Nisbet without any real nuance or insight into how we actually play under the current manager.

Re the Boyle incident, I think it's probably more down to the desperation on Sportsound and Sportscene for controversy and 'talking points' rather than any bias against us.

Mutu
22-04-2021, 07:27 AM
Watching this just now. Two clear stories from last night - the drop zone battle and the battle for 3rd.

None of this narrative at the start of the show - just standard old firm with like it was a normal week.

Complete garbage.

patlowe
22-04-2021, 07:29 AM
Watching this just now. Two clear stories from last night - the drop zone battle and the battle for 3rd.

None of this narrative at the start of the show - just standard old firm with like it was a normal week.

Complete garbage.

I thought the same watching it - why no discussion around the broader context or the significance of results? All a bit lazy.

Mutu
22-04-2021, 07:34 AM
I thought the same watching it - why no discussion around the broader context or the significance of results? All a bit lazy.
Lazy is the perfect way to describe it.

It's the same regurgitated format each week. It's brutal. BBC Scotland need to pull the plug.

Jones28
22-04-2021, 09:01 AM
It don’t really matter none- we know the truth

It does if it starts to influence the decisions of referees.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-04-2021, 09:17 AM

Remember that Aberdeenscene had Graham Shinnie called a proper old fashioned player with a bit of dig and that seemed to give him license to boot everything in sight without seeing many yellows, on the basis that it's a man's game after all.

Stanton Spence
22-04-2021, 11:12 AM
Lazy is the perfect way to describe it.

It's the same regurgitated format each week. It's brutal. BBC Scotland need to pull the plug.I agree and wish the BBC would just bin sportscene it really is brutal.
Give STV a bash at bringing scotsport back anything has got to better than sportscene in it's present guise

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Diclonius
22-04-2021, 11:15 AM
I agree and wish the BBC would just bin sportscene it really is brutal.
Give STV a bash at bringing scotsport back anything has got to better than sportscene in it's present guise

Nooo, remember Scotsport? It was even worse. 45 minutes of an hour long show to the two OF games and then blink-and-you-missed-it 100MPH run through games involving the lesser teams. Pathetic.

Wilson
22-04-2021, 11:17 AM
I agree and wish the BBC would just bin sportscene it really is brutal.

Scotsport in it's previous guise was also brutal. You couldn't pay me to watch that.

Stanton Spence
22-04-2021, 11:18 AM
Nooo, remember Scotsport? It was even worse. 45 minutes of an hour long show to the two OF games and then blink-and-you-missed-it 100MPH run through games involving the lesser teams. Pathetic.Your right enough mate but sportscene has nearly become unwatchable and I would prefer anything else other than the rubbish we get just now

Stanton Spence
22-04-2021, 11:20 AM
Scotsport in it's previous guise was also brutal. You couldn't pay me to watch that.Even if they produced a new Arthur Montford with a new blazer [emoji23]

hibbydad
22-04-2021, 11:54 AM
Even if they produced a new Arthur Montford with a new blazer [emoji23]

Arthur wore a sports jacket

mal
22-04-2021, 12:05 PM
Your right enough mate but sportscene has nearly become unwatchable and I would prefer anything else other than the rubbish we get just now

Remember when Scotsport was presented by the kilted ****** and the wee lassie and they had bunch of ****** fans in the studio and they hardly showed any actual fitba? This is a pretty accurate parody on OAE? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrAvZ8annjk

Careful what you wish for. Besides, STV are too cheap to pay for the rights. Sportscene could improve massively but at least we get several hours a week of highlights, plus live games, plus the women's game.

weecounty hibby
22-04-2021, 12:20 PM
It's not worth watching anymore, just like sportsound isn't worth listening to. I stopped doing both ages ago and it doesn't sound like I'm missing anything. Sadly like all msm they pander to the bigot twins and don't really give a hit about anyone else. The recent jambo love in was as strange as it was nauseating

Brunswickbill
22-04-2021, 12:33 PM

And Hayes “had a tumble” instead of reporting his dive as an obvious attempt to get a penalty. Indeed McFadyen was giving advice to Hayes suggesting that he should have cut across McGregor to simulate a foul. Definite double standards. Awful analysis and comment.

California-Hibs
22-04-2021, 12:38 PM
It's not worth watching anymore, just like sportsound isn't worth listening to. I stopped doing both ages ago and it doesn't sound like I'm missing anything. Sadly like all msm they pander to the bigot twins and don't really give a hit about anyone else. The recent jambo love in was as strange as it was nauseating

Sportsound is a great listen. To each their own though as the saying goes...

Danderhall Hibs
22-04-2021, 01:40 PM
It’s working anyway - boy at work (total neutral) said he likes watching Boyle but wishes he’d stay on his feet more often.

I pointed out he’s kicked up and down the park every week and is the leagues most fouled player and that he’s probably only dived once this season.

Oscar T Grouch
22-04-2021, 03:33 PM
Definitely a Sportscene thing, the BBC website has it reported as "Efe Ambrose brought down Martin Boyle in the box for a penalty" nothing even suggesting it was a dive (because it was a stonewaller), but Sportscene always seems to lean to conversation towards Boyle diving, probably because it comes straight out of Hun central at Pacific Quay. Producer is probably a bitter hun still upset about 2016's cup final :greengrin

green day
22-04-2021, 03:58 PM
Definitely a Sportscene thing, the BBC website has it reported as "Efe Ambrose brought down Martin Boyle in the box for a penalty" nothing even suggesting it was a dive (because it was a stonewaller), but Sportscene always seems to lean to conversation towards Boyle diving, probably because it comes straight out of Hun central at Pacific Quay. Producer is probably a bitter hun still upset about 2016's cup final :greengrin

Thought he was a Hearts fan, tbh?

O'Rourke3
22-04-2021, 05:16 PM
Definitely a Sportscene thing, the BBC website has it reported as "Efe Ambrose brought down Martin Boyle in the box for a penalty" nothing even suggesting it was a dive (because it was a stonewaller), but Sportscene always seems to lean to conversation towards Boyle diving, probably because it comes straight out of Hun central at Pacific Quay. Producer is probably a bitter hun still upset about 2016's cup final :greengrinNot originally. The original update questioned his honesty and implied it was a full on Tom Daily. This was removed later.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

mal
22-04-2021, 06:29 PM
I've just watched Sportscene expecting to hear discussion of Boyle "diving". What I actually heard was both pundits saying that it was a penalty. I think some folk need to wind down the paranoia a bit.

CJHibby
22-04-2021, 06:34 PM
It needs a Hibs minded guest, say big Marv to ask the studio "do Rangers or Celtic have any divers?"..I suspect it'll take a while for a forthcoming answer....:hmmm:

gbhibby
22-04-2021, 06:47 PM
Getting a bit fed up of this on Sportscene. Did they call out Helander for a blatant dive when we played them at Ibrox. This is going to be happening every time we get a penalty when Boyler is involved. I am near the front of the west stand and I can tell you he takes a lot of punishment and most times because he moves at speed the contact may not always be apparent to these pundits, but it is there.

Jim44
22-04-2021, 06:55 PM
I've just watched Sportscene expecting to hear discussion of Boyle "diving". What I actually heard was both pundits saying that it was a penalty. I think some folk need to wind down the paranoia a bit.

No paranoia here ...... first I’ve commented about this one. What you heard is probably the pundits, in retrospect, saying it was a penalty as they couldn’t say anything else, as the live footage was conclusive. To me, watching the match, the infringement was blaring and I didn’t see Ambrose or his team-mates challenging the decision in any way, because it was so clear. But no, because it was Boyle, the issue had to be scrutinised to reinforce their theory that Boyle is an inveterate cheat.

hibbysam
22-04-2021, 07:05 PM

Highlighting the fact that he’s got a reputation for diving, and umming and ahhhing from McFadden about whether it was a dive or not before agreeing it was a penalty. People can say it doesnt matter but the more it’s highlighted the worse he gets it, look at the fouls he gets on him, including the one against Queens last week. Brutal. Similar to the trial by sportscene retrospective action, unless they highlight it nothing happens, they highlight it and bad decisions happen, bans are handed out etc.

CJHibby
22-04-2021, 07:08 PM
All the 'scrutiny' on Boyle is because they are scared of the threat he poses. Singling him out though is scurrilous stuff from the media who are supposed to come across impartial..there again, it is the BBC!

HTD1875
22-04-2021, 07:11 PM
Shambles of a programme, noticed that the commentator for the Celtic game kept calling Eduoard Dembele surely someone picks up on that he left years ago.

Wilson
22-04-2021, 07:14 PM
Shambles of a programme, noticed that the commentator for the Celtic game kept calling Eduoard Dembele surely someone picks up on that he left years ago.

Karamoko Dembele. 80th minute substitute.

ancient hibee
22-04-2021, 09:12 PM
​rr
No paranoia here ...... first I’ve commented about this one. What you heard is probably the pundits, in retrospect, saying it was a penalty as they couldn’t say anything else, as the live footage was conclusive. To me, watching the match, the infringement was blaring and I didn’t see Ambrose or his team-mates challenging the decision in any way, because it was so clear. But no, because it was Boyle, the issue had to be scrutinised to reinforce their theory that Boyle is an inveterate cheat.

I thought Ambrose made it pretty clear he didn’t think it was a penalty.

22-04-2021, 09:59 PM
If someone's coming at you at the speed Boyle does and you stick out your leg, you better win the ball because 9 times out of 10 it will be a foul or a penalty.

The refs are partly to blame because if Boyle is impeded in the box causing him to lose the ball when he otherwise would have been able to shoot, but he stays on his feet, the refs don't give a penalty.

Also pundits are partly to blame because of them repeatedly saying in recent years "he didn't get the ball and there was contact so it is a penalty" which has resulted in players playing for penalties by trying to manufacture contact.

I'm sure if he'd wanted to the Livi boy could have stepped over Magennis's leg but why would he when the gift was put on a plate for him? I liked the one I heard a while back "would he have fallen over if he'd been holding a baby?" Or you could switch baby for a pint or a kebab.

Jim44
22-04-2021, 10:44 PM
​rr

I thought Ambrose made it pretty clear he didn’t think it was a penalty.

How did Ambrose react then to make it clear it was not a penalty? I haven’t seen highlights of the incident so can only base my opinion on what I can remember. I thought Ambrose just raised his arms with a rye smile. You can interpret that any way you want but the lack of protest from the Livvy players suggested to me that the ref was correct.

Kato
22-04-2021, 10:50 PM
If someone's coming at you at the speed Boyle does and you stick out your leg, you better win the ball because 9 times out of 10 it will be a foul or a penalty.

There you go, that's it in a nutshell, 007. Even when playing as kids you knew who was quick and how to give yourself some room or try to jockey them away otherwise they were past you. Stick a leg in and chances are you were fouling them. All the chat on Sportsound is just to give the talking heads something to chew on. Any real controversy in the Scottish game and the subject is twisted away from the perps.

basehibby
23-04-2021, 12:04 AM
I've noticed this and it's getting bloody annoying alright.

Any Hibby that watches Boyle for 90mins every week knows he is no diver. Between cynical fouls and the dazzling quickness of his play he get's kicked up and down the park week in week out but just keeps coming back for more - he is brave quick and clever and draws fouls like a magnet. In amongst all that he very occasionally appears to go down easily, but in the context of his overall play there is no justification for branding him a diver or cheat. Pacey players often don't need a lot of contact to make them go down (which is probably something to do with physics) - and also (like Boyle's booking incident v Rangers) it's perfectly possible to be brought down in the course of a fair challenge without it being a dive.

If you were being kind you'd just say that these idiots just need something to talk about - and with idle minds being the devil's workshop they lazily assign the most devious interpretation possible onto what they see.

basehibby
23-04-2021, 12:11 AM
How did Ambrose react then to make it clear it was not a penalty? I haven’t seen highlights of the incident so can only base my opinion on what I can remember. I thought Ambrose just raised his arms with a rye smile. You can interpret that any way you want but the lack of protest from the Livvy players suggested to me that the ref was correct.

There was never any question as it was a stonewall penalty - no protest at all from Ambrose, who had his head in his hands, or any of the Livi players. Absolutely mystifying that the pundits even mentioned diving - Stewart and Thomson are usually OK but this was just lazy punditry lacking in imagination or intelligence - like they were just waiting to have a "Boyle Diving" discussion and couldn't help themselves.

basehibby
23-04-2021, 12:28 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56564067

The chat originates from the commentator who immediately starts banging on about the "dubiety" of the penalty. It's easy to see though that with Efe having stuck his leg in, if Boyle continues as if he's not there a collision will occur - good way to get an injury but at least the commentator will be happy it's definitely a penalty :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
23-04-2021, 05:42 AM

Which it has as evidenced at Ibrox last week when he got booked when clearly not diving.

green day
23-04-2021, 07:15 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56564067

The chat originates from the commentator who immediately starts banging on about the "dubiety" of the penalty. It's easy to see though that with Efe having stuck his leg in, if Boyle continues as if he's not there a collision will occur - good way to get an injury but at least the commentator will be happy it's definitely a penalty :rolleyes:

Paul Mitchell, Hearts fan.

Would be deemed "clever" if Naismith had done it obvs..............

Perhaps these people need to accept that all pro footballers try and gain an advantage for their team?

For attackers it might be gaining a pen, for defenders it may be halfing a striker - neither is pretty, but only one is deemed cheating.

ancient hibee
23-04-2021, 11:34 AM

Of course the ref got it correct but Ambrose indicated right away and after it was taken that he didn’t agree.He was wrong.

Hiber-nation
24-04-2021, 09:38 PM
Shelley Kerr actually thinks that Lamie meant that finish. Any credibility she had has now gone.

Danderhall Hibs
24-04-2021, 09:40 PM
Shelley Kerr actually thinks that Lamie meant that finish. Any credibility she had has now gone.

Jesus - that’s incredible.

Joe6-2
24-04-2021, 09:43 PM

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, and she even emphasised the fact he meant it!!

Danderhall Hibs
24-04-2021, 09:47 PM
Scott Allan on the one on just now.

Stevie Robinson looks a bit healthier than a few months ago. Looks like an ex-boxer.

SaulGoodman
24-04-2021, 09:52 PM
How on earth did Tony Watt get man of the match?

Hiber-nation
24-04-2021, 09:52 PM
Robinson laughing at the thought of Lamie intending that!

Jones28
24-04-2021, 09:53 PM
Much better with Sutherland presenting imo.

Shelley Kerr thinks that goal was deliberate 😂

Danderhall Hibs
24-04-2021, 09:54 PM

Allan laughing at it being meant and Robinson saying no chance it was deliberate.

Surely another strike against Kerr as a pundit?

keep the faith
24-04-2021, 09:54 PM

Scotty laughing at the idea he meant it too. Oh dear Shelley.

Argylehibby
24-04-2021, 10:00 PM
Did the commentator cheer when they equalised? Sounded like he was shouting Yes as it went in.

Hiber-nation
24-04-2021, 10:14 PM
Did the commentator cheer when they equalised? Sounded like he was shouting Yes as it went in.

To be fair he sounded ecstatic when we scored.

ian cruise
24-04-2021, 10:54 PM
If you were a neutral it was probably pretty exciting.

Iain G
25-04-2021, 07:03 AM
I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, and she even emphasised the fact he meant it!!

She guaranteed it 🤣

Greenbeard
25-04-2021, 08:06 AM
She guaranteed it 🤣
100% too! Laughable. As proven by Allan and Robinson who did well to constrain themselves to a polite laugh when questioned on it.

lucky
25-04-2021, 08:15 AM
She’s a terrible pundit and yesterday’s performance was just a continuation of her slavering pish.

The Baldmans Comb
25-04-2021, 08:21 AM
How on earth did Tony Watt get man of the match?

I wouldn't worry about it as he won't be getting man of the match in the semi final.
😂.

Lago
25-04-2021, 11:40 AM
Much better with Sutherland presenting imo.

Shelley Kerr thinks that goal was deliberate ��
Sorry Shelley, but as a co-commentator your as bad as you are a studio pundit, awful.

Ronniekirk
25-04-2021, 12:21 PM
I watched the highlights and found her contribution irritating and added nothing of note

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
25-04-2021, 01:10 PM
New firm derby? Haven’t heard that since the late 1990’s.

H18 SFR
25-04-2021, 01:12 PM
Also, has Ricky Foster officially been dropped by the BBC?

PatHead
25-04-2021, 01:14 PM

Hope so. He has had a go at Boyle on a couple of occasions and accused Seigrest of faking injury to avoid playing against Forfar.

Total fud.

Eyrie
25-04-2021, 01:15 PM
Hope so. He has had a go at Boyle on a couple of occasions and accused Seigrest of faking injury to avoid playing against Forfar.

Total fud.

That would be the same Seigrist who is out for the rest of the season with a wrist fracture.

Hiber-nation
25-04-2021, 01:21 PM

Total fud.

The comments about Siegriest were shocking and if he's been dropped because of that then it's totally justified. Thought he was actually quite insightful doing our game at QOS the other week and was have a go at Dobbie for diving so it's not just Boyler that's getting stick.

Danderhall Hibs
25-04-2021, 01:29 PM

Patrick are right in the middle of trying to win the league and are playing every 2nd day so I suspect he’s just limiting his availability.

Iain G
25-04-2021, 01:33 PM
I watched the highlights and found her contribution irritating and added nothing of note

I think she received her training from Roy Walker as she is definitely in the "say what you see" category of commentators

AltheHibby
25-04-2021, 09:57 PM
Did they just say it was The Thes "first domestic defeat of the season"?

Very Jamboish to ignore the League Cup.

givescotlandfreedom
25-04-2021, 10:01 PM

Aye, you heard right but they've got previous rewriting that club's history.

AltheHibby
25-04-2021, 10:03 PM
Aye, you heard right but they've got previous rewriting that club's history.

👍

Ronniekirk
25-04-2021, 10:18 PM

First domestic defeat at Ibrox The league cup defeat was away to st Mirren

Del Boy
25-04-2021, 10:22 PM
The comments about Siegriest were shocking and if he's been dropped because of that then it's totally justified. Thought he was actually quite insightful doing our game at QOS the other week and was have a go at Dobbie for diving so it's not just Boyler that's getting stick.

Siegrist comments were unbelievable and if it had been about a Celtic or Rangers goalkeeper you would never see him on the BBC again.

King Cosell
25-04-2021, 11:02 PM
Richard Foster decked out in Sergio Georgini again, I see.

BILLYHIBS
26-04-2021, 06:47 AM
Only got themselves to blame

Freddo shudda had a hat-trick

Imagine no one picking up the Jolly Green Giant in the box at the corner ?

Oh and Mr Angry shudda come for the corner and taken everybody oot! :rolleyes:

Oh ma achin sides :greengrin

Mick O'Rourke
26-04-2021, 07:32 AM
Just been watching latest Sportscene SC highlights on iplayer.

Introduction named sevco as the "most successful club" left in the competition.
Lie,of course .Sevco have not yet won the Scottish Cup.

Describing sevcos goal commentator said ...."at last" Zander Clarke is beaten.
Freudian slip,maybe ?

AltheHibby
26-04-2021, 10:48 AM
First domestic defeat at Ibrox The league cup defeat was away to st Mirren

Thanks. I didn't hear them mention Ibrox.

Stanton Spence
26-04-2021, 05:39 PM
Having just watched last night's highlights show I was wondering if anyone could tell me what hibs player is in the opening credits? It's the picture next to the program from the 2016 final and the player is wearing the hibs top sponsored by fishers and he's challenging a keeper (East Fife)maybe. He looks very familiar obviously lol and I'm thinking maybe Bobby Thomson but I'm genuinely unsure and it's been annoying me for weeks now so any help would be appreciated [emoji1303]

BILLYHIBS
26-04-2021, 06:10 PM
Having just watched last night's highlights show I was wondering if anyone could tell me what hibs player is in the opening credits? It's the picture next to the program from the 2016 final and the player is wearing the hibs top sponsored by fishers and he's challenging a keeper (East Fife)maybe. He looks very familiar obviously lol and I'm thinking maybe Bobby Thomson but I'm genuinely unsure and it's been annoying me for weeks now so any help would be appreciated [emoji1303]

Bobby Thomson

28/1/1984 Scottish Cup Round 3

Hibernian 0 v 0 East Fife

Didn’t end well

Pretty sure the goalie is Gordon Marshall Jnr

AltheHibby
26-04-2021, 06:36 PM
He did get it wrong!

"Jonathan Sutherland
@MrJonSutherland
To the several @saintmirrenfc fans gently reminding me this evening of another domestic defeat Rangers suffered this season - my apologies. Meant to say first domestic defeat at home.

You try getting everything right all season on live telly!! 🤣
12:00 AM · Apr 26, 2021"

Billy Whizz
26-04-2021, 06:36 PM
How many presenters do they actually need?

Stanton Spence
26-04-2021, 07:49 PM
Bobby Thomson

28/1/1984 Scottish Cup Round 3

Hibernian 0 v 0 East Fife

Didn’t end well

Pretty sure the goalie is Gordon Marshall JnrThanks Billy, I thought it was and I take it that's the cup tie they beat us but I think we ended up signing Gordon Durie off East Fife on the back of they ties??

vuefrom1875
26-04-2021, 07:57 PM
Sorry Shelley, but as a co-commentator your as bad as you are a studio pundit, awful.

She's better going back to Hammer Studios 😎

BILLYHIBS
26-04-2021, 08:15 PM
Thanks Billy, I thought it was and I take it that's the cup tie they beat us but I think we ended up signing Gordon Durie off East Fife on the back of they ties??

:thumbsup:

ahibby
26-04-2021, 09:39 PM
I used to quite like Thomson when he was giving analysis, but he's a rubbish Sportscene presenter, even worse than Jonathen and on a par with David Currie.

And all if those mentioned show tears in their eyes when Hibs do well. Long may they weep.

BILLYHIBS
08-05-2021, 09:43 PM
Match on now

JohnMcM
08-05-2021, 09:45 PM
Match on now

Do you ever sleep?:greengrin

hibsbollah
08-05-2021, 10:10 PM
This analysis is dire. I think it starts from the chronic Sutherland scripts.

Greenbeard
08-05-2021, 10:16 PM
Harsh on the linesman. Difficult call. Yes offside when the pass was hit but a millisecond later he looks onside. Kerr and Marv hailed it as a VG goal live but then hammer the linesman after the benefit of the freeze frame.

BILLYHIBS
08-05-2021, 10:18 PM
Do you ever sleep?:greengrin
:greengrin

hibbysam
08-05-2021, 10:18 PM
Harsh on the linesman. Difficult call. Yes offside when the pas was hit but a millisecond later he looks onside. Kerr and Marv hailed it as a VG goal live but then hammer the linesman after the benefit of the freeze frame.

At no point was Doidge onside, linesman was looking directly at it, and the pass was made from pretty close, quite rightly hammered for it. Delighted it went our way though.

Since452
08-05-2021, 10:19 PM
Sportscene without Liam McLeod, Mikey Stewart and dare I say Iwelumo is very poor. MacLean is a horrible commentator.

hibsbollah
08-05-2021, 10:21 PM
Sportscene without Liam McLeod, Mikey Stewart and dare I say Iwelumo is very poor. MacLean is a horrible commentator.

Can’t stand McLeod either to be honest.

BILLYHIBS
08-05-2021, 10:22 PM
Big Marv speaks well and could have a big future in the media going forward

Another Hibee in the BBC camp

Onion
08-05-2021, 10:38 PM
Harsh on the linesman. Difficult call. Yes offside when the pass was hit but a millisecond later he looks onside. Kerr and Marv hailed it as a VG goal live but then hammer the linesman after the benefit of the freeze frame.

The Boyle, Nesbit, Doidge move was mesmerising. Can't blame the Lino forgetting why he was there :thumbsup:

08-05-2021, 10:53 PM
There is a VAR type photo doing the rounds that shows Doidge onside.

Tried to upload photo from phone but can't get it to work in attachments

Just add a link to wherever you saw it.

weecounty hibby
08-05-2021, 10:54 PM
After watching the highlights it looked like the linesman on thatvside had a bit if a mare. There were a few for both sides that looked off but he kept his flag down. The Harkes chance where he lost control in the first half was one. Anyway. Well done that man. It was a great goal, great fitbaw so he actually did everyone a favour

BS44
08-05-2021, 10:59 PM

Forget it. Looked at it again and the line has been tampered with ever so slightly!

08-05-2021, 11:00 PM
Forget it. Looked at it again and the line has been tampered with ever so slightly!

Post it anyway. I have some people I’ve not finished winding up

smack
08-05-2021, 11:01 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210508/ee944c886fc1c17790efe7f48dc38da7.jpg
This one?

weecounty hibby
08-05-2021, 11:03 PM
This one?

Looks ok to me. VAR has spoken!!!

smack
08-05-2021, 11:03 PM

Same here. Think the groundsman needs to learn to cut the grass straight

Radium
08-05-2021, 11:05 PM

I always think that they should rock/ roll a couple of frames forward and back to give an idea of who’s moving where. Would give a better idea of how difficult the decision was.

Jim44
08-05-2021, 11:11 PM

This one?

Same here. Think the groundsman needs to learn to cut the grass

Let’s cut all the crap. We beat them. End of ..... as one of ours used to say??. Roll on the final. :hibees

FilipinoHibs
09-05-2021, 01:51 AM

The line is not drawn straight though. It is at a slight angle to make Doidge look onside. You can see the line is not parallel to the lines from the grass cutting.

greenlad
09-05-2021, 03:58 AM
The line is not drawn straight though. It is at a slight angle to make Doidge look onside. You can see the line is not parallel to the lines from the grass cutting.

It's offside but only just, the sort of decision that used to be deemed "marginal" and you weren't surprised to see it given, or not. A few years back linesmen tended to give the advantage to the attacking team unless there was daylight between the forward and last defender.

The difference however these days is that SOME leagues use VAR and and as a result commentators and pundits (even in Scotland who don't use VAR) seem influenced to take umbrage and hold the linesmen to the same robotic standards of getting it right every time when in actual fact it's difficult to make a judgement based on a snapshot in time when everything is happening so quickly. They are creating "controversy" where none exists.

The pundits can be as bitter as they like, Hibs are in the Final!

mcohibs
09-05-2021, 08:37 AM

The picture is a windup, I think you may be missing the joke :greengrin

hibeejeebies
09-05-2021, 08:53 AM
Marv bossing things in that jacket.

keep the faith
09-05-2021, 09:05 AM
Bad punditry is not limited to the BBC (although they are the worst).
Did anyone hear the pitchside interviewer on premier sports say to jack ross after the match "there must be mixed feelings in the dressing room"
What!!!! Ross's face was brilliant.

hibbysam
09-05-2021, 09:25 AM
The picture is a windup, I think you may be missing the joke :greengrin

I must take responsibility for that 😂 plenty have stolen my horrendous patter, and others have used it thinking it is real, unbelievably. Was only meant as a joke on a Dundee Utd Twitter page to wind them up.

BoomtownHibees
09-05-2021, 09:30 AM
It's offside but only just, the sort of decision that used to be deemed "marginal" and you weren't surprised to see it given, or not. A few years back linesmen tended to give the advantage to the attacking team unless there was daylight between the forward and last defender.

The difference however these days is that SOME leagues use VAR and and as a result commentators and pundits (even in Scotland who don't use VAR) seem influenced to take umbrage and hold the linesmen to the same robotic standards of getting it right every time when in actual fact it's difficult to make a judgement based on a snapshot in time when everything is happening so quickly. They are creating "controversy" where none exists.

The pundits can be as bitter as they like, Hibs are in the Final!

Can’t agree that it was “only just offside”. Poor decision from the linesman but makes a change that it went in our favour

Eyrie
09-05-2021, 09:47 AM
Officials make mistakes and we always get told that these things even themselves out.

After Hagi kicking Newell in the head, Morelos stamping on Porteous and Porteous' goal at Ibrox being ruled out, we were more than due one in our favour.

JimBHibees
09-05-2021, 10:05 AM
Let's not forget that we were denied a goal when Madden failed to play advantage which led to Doidge scoring after Boyle fantastic run.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2021, 10:09 AM
Everything sounds “wonderful” in the world of Leanne Crichton.

greenginger
09-05-2021, 10:28 AM
T
This one?

Who is to say say this is the frame when the pass is deemed to be made ?

I would like to see a couple of frames before and a couple of frames after the one shown.

Roxyhibee
09-05-2021, 10:35 AM
To use Jimmy O’Rourke’s rationale - well, it would have been 1-0 then..

Since452
09-05-2021, 10:36 AM
Couldn't care less if both our goals were offside. We've been victims off horrendous decisions this season. It's gone a small way to evening it up

hibby rae
09-05-2021, 10:42 AM
Couldn't care less if both our goals were offside. We've been victims off horrendous decisions this season. It's gone a small way to evening it up

As JR pointed out, and Mikey Stewart etc. on Premier Sports, we should have really had a 3rd but the ref stopped play for the foul. That would have really killed the game off for Utd at that point.

Onion
09-05-2021, 11:36 AM

We're still due a few.

PatHead
09-05-2021, 11:42 AM
We also had an offside goal against Motherwell, didn't we?

09-05-2021, 12:38 PM
To use Jimmy O’Rourke’s rationale - well, it would have been 1-0 then..

Yep, even when they were chucking everything they had at us they didn't manage to score so it is highly unlikely they would have scored if Doidge's goal had been disallowed. Only an idiot/Jambo would argue they would have equalised. Not to mention the advantage the ref should have played at the foul on Boyle where Doidge had rounded the keeper.

SaulGoodman
12-05-2021, 10:08 PM
Someone want to tell Yogi it’s no the SPL any more?

12-05-2021, 10:10 PM
What the **** is fosters shirt about

H18 SFR
12-05-2021, 10:12 PM
Do you think Ricky Foster is purposefully trying to be a tit?

Sir David Gray

Thompson also pretty casual as the presenter.

ian cruise

Obviously got a rodeo to head to afterwards.

I do have to say I actually think Foster is pretty good doing the post match analysis.

Jim44
12-05-2021, 10:15 PM
Cock .... Foster. :greengrin

hibby6270
12-05-2021, 10:26 PM

Although we cant see them all, it's probably got 55 stars on it to remind him of his 2 spells at pre & post Sevco!!

Magpie
12-05-2021, 10:31 PM
I didn’t watch it, but are they raging we won?

Wilson
13-05-2021, 01:55 AM
Do you think Ricky Foster is purposefully trying to be a tit?

He's a natural.

Iain G
13-05-2021, 05:46 AM
I didn’t watch it, but are they raging we won?

Scott Allan seemed quite happy we did 😁

BILLYHIBS
13-05-2021, 06:45 AM
Lafferty, Charlie Adam and Edouard oozed quality

If I was married to Amy McDonald I would probably dress like a rock star as well :greengrin

Something about Lawrence Shankland defo has quality but needs to do more in the box for me

Very good player

Greenbeard
13-05-2021, 07:21 AM

If I was married to Amy McDonald I would probably dress like a rock star as well :greengrin

Something about Lawrence Shankland defo has quality but needs to do more in the box for me

Very good player
Not a good read first thing in the morning Billy, even if true. :sick:

BILLYHIBS
13-05-2021, 07:25 AM
Not a good read first thing in the morning Billy, even if true. :sick:
I know the guy is a douche bag but a very good player nonetheless

Wilson
13-05-2021, 09:22 AM

Very good player

Hard to look like a rock star when you're wearing ear muffs.

BILLYHIBS
13-05-2021, 09:25 AM
Hard to look like a rock star when you're wearing ear muffs.

👍🏿

Since452
13-05-2021, 09:44 AM

Horrendous

O'Rourke3
13-05-2021, 10:38 AM
Probably gets free clothes to wear on the telly. There are plenty out there thinking that shirt's a cracker... Steven Thompson now has a shirt agreement apparently.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
13-05-2021, 02:32 PM

Very good player

It was a real struggle for them to admit Lafferty dived though.

Danderhall Hibs
13-05-2021, 02:34 PM
Steven Thompson now has a shirt agreement apparently.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

I wondered - it’s always the same brand he wears now. I think he used to clear out the Ralph Lauren store in Gretna regularly but now has the new brand.

JimBHibees
13-05-2021, 03:04 PM

Yep absolutely bizarre how they never called it out for what it was a complete dive. The same programme not shy at having a regular pop at MB.

weecounty hibby
13-05-2021, 03:25 PM

That was a total shocker. When you see the way they treated that compared to the hounding of Martin Boyle for one that was actually a penalty its unbelievable

Brunswickbill
13-05-2021, 05:06 PM
Aye. When Charlie Adam dived to win a foul there was a bit a laughter and saying words to the effect of these are the tricks that a player like Adam has learned in his long career. Naw! He dived! Totally different standards when Boyle gets hacked down.

northstandhibby
13-05-2021, 05:24 PM
The most recent funniest sportscene moment must go to their attempt at breaking in Kevin Kyle as a pundit at our QOTS game. He could hardly string a sentence together and at one stage randomly mentioned Hearts and openly questioned himself as to why he'd just mentioned his former team completely out of context. It was horrendously bizzarre.

BILLYHIBS
13-05-2021, 06:45 PM
:greengrin

Especially Foster ....’ The boy caught him but not enough to make him fall like that’ ? :confused: