PDA

View Full Version : The European Quite Good League

Dan Sarf
21-04-2021, 08:23 AM
It’s time someone started a European league for teams that are Quite Good like us.

It would give us a chance of watching other quite good teams from Europe playing quite well against us. And give us a chance of actually winning something in Europe at last. Unless we found a way of c*cking it up at the last minute as usual.

Really hopeless teams can, of course, be promoted into the Quite Good League if they win the Really Hopeless League by becoming quite good. Similarly, quite good teams who become really hopeless will be relegated. Super teams who stop being super will not be admitted anywhere as it serves them right for thinking they're so clever.

Greenbeard
21-04-2021, 08:30 AM
It’s time someone started a European league for teams that are Quite Good like us.

It would give us a chance of watching other quite good teams from Europe playing quite well against us. And give us a chance of actually winning something in Europe at last. Unless we found a way of c*cking it up at the last minute as usual.

Really hopeless teams can, of course, be promoted into the Quite Good League if they win the Really Hopeless League by becoming quite good. Similarly, quite good teams who become really hopeless will be relegated. Super teams who stop being super will not be admitted anywhere as it serves them right for thinking they're so clever.
Be better with a European We Think We're A Far Bigger Club Than We Really Are League.
I know one Edinburgh club that will definitely qualify and they don't play in green and white.

Bostonhibby
21-04-2021, 08:38 AM
Big teams who have been beaten by Brora rangers league could work, they could be joined in that league by Brora rangers and keep playing them until they eventually beat them.

Regulation size pitches for the league could be smaller than real football pitches.

There would need to be a Task Force before anything could actually happen, but thankfully Scottish football has a skilled businessy type thingy person available, a golf guy and an estate agent with a great track record for reading the direction of how these things are going.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

HiBremian
21-04-2021, 08:42 AM
Big teams who have been beaten by Brora rangers league could work, they could be joined in that league by Brora rangers and keep playing them until they eventually beat them.

Regulation size pitches for the league could be smaller than real football pitches.

There would need to be a Task Force before anything could actually happen, but thankfully Scottish football has a skilled businessy type thingy person available, a golf guy and an estate agent with a great track record for reading the direction of how these things are going.

If there was no relegation, it might just work.

Keith_M
21-04-2021, 08:57 AM

I think the ideal name for that would be The Brora-dit League

Bostonhibby
21-04-2021, 08:57 AM
If there was no relegation, it might just work.For the good of Scottish football as a whole there would be no promotion either, but there will be chips and windows made of glass.

Keith_M
21-04-2021, 08:59 AM
For the good of Scottish football as a whole there would be no promotion either, but there will be chips and windows made of glass.

Ahem, 'Curtains', if you don't mind!

:tsk tsk:

Bostonhibby
21-04-2021, 09:02 AM
Ahem, 'Curtains', if you don't mind!

:tsk tsk:I always mix up my curtains and my windows.

It's like with patios and plazas and piazzas. One man's B&Q patio pack is another mans Tynecastle Park plaza, piazza, pizza.......etc

Northernhibee
21-04-2021, 09:12 AM
The European ****ing Hilarious League, containing Hearts, Hearts, Hearts, Hearts and Hearts.

Guaranteed 400k attendances for each game. There will be chips!

Eyrie
21-04-2021, 04:37 PM
The European ****ing Hilarious League, containing Hearts, Hearts, Hearts, Hearts and Hearts.

Guaranteed 400k attendances for each game. There will be chips!

On both shoulders.