PDA

View Full Version : SPFL agrees deal with Sky to broadcast all 228 matches to ST holders.

HibsGW
19-04-2021, 03:53 PM
https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-47629

Not sure exactly how this is going to work but sounds like good news at first reading.

Peevemor
19-04-2021, 03:55 PM
https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-47629

Not sure exactly how this is going to work but sounds like good news at first reading.

It will allow the club to market their STs, knowing that they have at least something to sell.

Gatecrasher
19-04-2021, 03:57 PM
, the new deal enables Premiership clubs to broadcast on a pay per view basis every home SPFL game not selected by Sky Sports."

This is the key part for me.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2021, 04:02 PM
It will allow the club to market their STs, knowing that they have at least something to sell.

It would/should be a different price to watch on tv vs being in the ground though.

Billy Whizz
19-04-2021, 04:04 PM
It’s Rangers and Celtic who really benefit from this in a big way
Most of our key home games against them and Hearts are likely to be on Sky. Very rarely are their home games on Sky, unless they are playing each other
Think we’ve had one game this season against the old firm, not on Sky
On the plus side, you’ll be able to pay for most away games, which is great news for all football fans

Brightside
19-04-2021, 04:11 PM
Good news.

Peevemor
19-04-2021, 04:15 PM
It would/should be a different price to watch on tv vs being in the ground though.It's a difficult one. I don't think many people expected that fans would be locked out for the entire season and folk were prepared to bite the bullet for a few months. As for next season, we all want to see continued investment in the squad but the club can't do that on thin air.

I'm glad it's not me that has to decide what's what.

Steven79
19-04-2021, 04:20 PM
It's a difficult one. I don't think many people expected that fans would be locked out for the entire season and folk were prepared to bite the bullet for a few months. As for next season, we all want to see continued investment in the squad but the club can't do that on thin air.

I'm glad it's not me that has to decide what's what.

I can see me buying a child season ticket to watch games and buying a half season if we are allowed back into the ground as I simply can not justify paying out the same as last season which included upgrading from a Bronze to silver area when I may as well have been buying cheaper seats in the famous five lower.

I feel for people that purchased tickets at gold prices as they have been given a raw deal compared to someone in the bronze and I firmly believe that people that renew in the Gold & Silver sections should be offered their tickets at bronze rates out of fairness.

matty_f
19-04-2021, 04:20 PM
I think this is brilliant, and i hope it paves the way to keep the arrangement going forward.

I’m certain Sky wouldn’t have seen viewer numbers drop this season, despite games being available every week.

This opens up the chance to watch your team live away from home every match, it’s not as good as going to the games but it’s a decent second.

I think folk who travel away will still go, but clubs will benefit from additional ppv sales on top of the gate receipts.

Diclonius
19-04-2021, 04:22 PM
Continuity. Good news.

Billy Whizz
19-04-2021, 04:28 PM
It would/should be a different price to watch on tv vs being in the ground though.

It will have to be a decent price, or it would devalue our Season Ticket pricing

Ozyhibby
19-04-2021, 04:30 PM
Kids season tickets are going to be flying of the shelves.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oneone73
19-04-2021, 04:33 PM
It's only good news if we get rid of Tanner.

B.H.F.C
19-04-2021, 04:36 PM
Knowing we’ll can see all the games is good.

A lot of people who have to buy multiple tickets will be thinking twice about it though.

Scouse Hibee
19-04-2021, 04:42 PM
So I only have to buy a child’s ticket now to reserve my seat (on the settee) 😁

tamig
19-04-2021, 04:44 PM
I can see me buying a child season ticket to watch games and buying a half season if we are allowed back into the ground as I simply can not justify paying out the same as last season which included upgrading from a Bronze to silver area when I may as well have been buying cheaper seats in the famous five lower.

I feel for people that purchased tickets at gold prices as they have been given a raw deal compared to someone in the bronze and I firmly believe that people that renew in the Gold & Silver sections should be offered their tickets at bronze rates out of fairness.

You won’t be able to buy a child ST on its own. And adult prices in the FF Lower aren’t really cheaper than elsewhere in the ground tbh.

hibee-boys
19-04-2021, 04:46 PM
I know the clubs needed clarity but would we have shifted 11,000 season tickets if we knew this at the beginning of last season, I seriously doubt it. Difficult balancing act, especially for homes like mine with potential 3 season tickets to buy.

Billy Whizz
19-04-2021, 04:47 PM

That’s the danger

tamig
19-04-2021, 04:48 PM
That’s the danger

Its not really as it won’t be allowed.

Juniper Greens
19-04-2021, 04:54 PM

Agreed. It should be more expensive as multiple people can watch together. Should cost at least the same as a walkup match ticket

JohnMcM
19-04-2021, 04:55 PM

No mate. They are bought only with an adult ticket, or at least that was the case.

Scouse Hibee
19-04-2021, 04:57 PM
No mate. They are bought only with an adult ticket, or at least that was the case.

Yeah mate I know, it was a tongue in cheek remark, we have two adult ST’s and will renew both regardless of the situation.

Billy Whizz
19-04-2021, 04:57 PM

Think this applies to the FF5 lower

HH81
19-04-2021, 05:03 PM
Good news 👏.

Should I buy a season ticket or PPV (every home game) that is the question?

Billy Whizz
19-04-2021, 05:09 PM
Good news 👏.

Should I buy a season ticket or PPV (every home game) that is the question?

Season ticket of course, guarantees you a seat for all the big games

HH81
19-04-2021, 05:31 PM
Season ticket of course, guarantees you a seat for all the big games

Happy to go with one that makes Hibs most cash.

TheGreenMan
19-04-2021, 05:50 PM
This reads as if they know we're not going to be getting back in the stadiums for the start of the season.

Also, don't you think this will start to kill off away supporters for the smaller games anyway? Pubs etc are likely to be able to get these streams too so folk more likely to just head to a pub than travel and spend on a ticket

Billy Whizz
19-04-2021, 05:52 PM
This reads as if they know we're not going to be getting back in the stadiums for the start of the season.

Also, don't you think this will start to kill off away supporters for the smaller games anyway? Pubs etc are likely to be able to get these streams too so folk more likely to just head to a pub than travel and spend on a ticket

Your last paragraph is a fair point, but most of the regular who go to away games will continue to do so, in my opinion!
We currently have an away season ticket, which means if you’re on the list, you get the 1st tickets for all games, wonder how this will work when we’re allowed back in

tamig
19-04-2021, 06:10 PM

I don’t think your first sentence is accurate. I think a fair assumption is that games will be played in front of reduced crowds from the start. So likely that some ST holders will miss out on games - if our numbers hold up in line with recent sales.

Carheenlea
19-04-2021, 06:12 PM
Similarly, I don’t think this gives us much encouragement that we will be inside Easter Road any time soon. If we were going to be back for start of next season then there would be no need for such a deal.

While I’m happy to know that we will still have access to streaming, this news is a bit deflating for any hopes of seeing Hibs again.

superfurryhibby
19-04-2021, 06:34 PM
Agreed. It should be more expensive as multiple people can watch together. Should cost at least the same as a walkup match ticket

Neighhhhhh chance.