PDA

View Full Version : Happy Conrad Logan day!

GRA
16-04-2021, 07:03 AM
Five years ago today the big man made his debut for us in the cup semi against Dundee United. As they say, the rest is history!

Surely the most important debut for us in recent times?

One Day
16-04-2021, 07:13 AM
Five years ago today the big man made his debut for us in the cup semi against Dundee United. As they say, the rest is history!

Surely the most important debut for us in recent times?

If not ever.

Newry Hibs
16-04-2021, 08:23 AM
I'm still swearing about Jason's chip penalty.

Since452
16-04-2021, 09:11 AM
Five years. Wow. Flown past.

marinello59
16-04-2021, 09:16 AM
That whole cup run reads like a movie script......only you would dismiss Conrad Logan’s heroic debut as stretching things a bit. :greengrin

CMurdoch
16-04-2021, 09:32 AM
I remember the wtf moment all around me when everybody caught sight of him coming onto the pitch for the semi final.

Glory Lurker
16-04-2021, 09:40 AM
In the video Marvin says he thought "what have I just witnessed?" when Jason mucked up the penalty, but that was how I was feeling when I got home after the game. Came away feeling like I'd just experienced the most surreal football day out I'd ever had.

I was in a bad mood with Hibs in the weeks running up to that game and hearing on the radio that we were about to play a boy who'd no turned out for 16(?) months made me wonder why I'd bothered going through. Went through the turnstile despondent and left loving Hibs - and the magic that football can work.

Still didn't think it was going to actually be worth it for 24 hours though.

Pretty Boy
16-04-2021, 10:00 AM
I just about walked out and left Hampden when I 1st seen him. He was huge. I think I refered to him as 'Matt Lucas' on the match day thread😂

That cup run was like a fairytale. The Hibs fan scoring the goal that started it, the comeback against Hearts then winning the replay, beating the holders in a replay days after a cup final defeat, Conrads performance then beating that team in the final.

I bumped into Conrad a few days after that game up at Perth races. He was in good spirits and seemed a bit bemused by the steady stream of Hibs fans wanting to shake his hand.

Iain G
16-04-2021, 10:26 AM
I just about walked out and left Hampden when I 1st seen him. He was huge. I think I refered to him as 'Matt Lucas' on the match day thread😂

That cup run was like a fairytale. The Hibs fan scoring the goal that started it, the comeback against Hearts then winning the replay, beating the holders in a replay days after a cup final defeat, Conrads performance then beating that team in the final.

I bumped into Conrad a few days after that game up at Perth races. He was in good spirits and seemed a bit bemused by the steady stream of Hibs fans wanting to shake his hand.

It always struck me when I watch it back that he isn't that far away from both Rangers goals in the final...

gbhibby
16-04-2021, 11:51 AM
https://youtu.be/7by4HbKrETg
What a man.

SaulGoodman
16-04-2021, 12:00 PM

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?309596-Hibs-v-Dundee-Utd-match-updates

Some lunchtime reading

O'Rourke3
16-04-2021, 01:56 PM
My favourite quote was from Jason I thought he was the new chef. I was in the dont care about the cup for that semi until Jason missed that penalty..

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Broken Gnome
16-04-2021, 02:38 PM
https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?309596-Hibs-v-Dundee-Utd-match-updates

Some lunchtime reading

Christ that was a gruelling read.

Can remember one point after El Alagui went off in extra time that I'd rarely seen Hibs less likely to win a football game.

Mick O'Rourke
16-04-2021, 02:49 PM
I remember the wtf moment all around me when everybody caught sight of him coming on the pitch.
Susan Boyle's appearing on stage on BGT got a similar wtf moment.

His performance in that semi is one the finest displays of goalkeeping i have witnessed from a Hibs goalie. Certainly in a game so crucial at the time.
Ronnie Simpson played a big part in saving us from relegation ,early sixties.
But Conrad, in one game, gave us so much.
And what a contribution to where the club is now.

As much as David Gray got the knighthood ...... I give you ...

Lord Logan of Leith

Edit
Back to Susan Boyle;-)
Her song on her BGT debut very much sums up Conrad and then our Cup win

"I dreamed a dream "!

Newry Hibs
16-04-2021, 09:22 PM
I see film4 have the tribute film 'Logan' on at the moment.

Iain G
17-04-2021, 08:15 AM
I see film4 have the tribute film 'Logan' on at the moment.

His fitness video "Logan's Run" is on Amazon Prime...