PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Summer 2021-22 transfer thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Diclonius
15-04-2021, 09:46 AM
Confirmed in (7):
Jake Doyle-Hayes, two year contract (midfielder, St Mirren)
Daniel MacKay, four year contract (midfielder, Inverness)
David Mitchell, two year contract (goalkeeper, Clyde)
Chris Mueller, pre-contract (midfielder, Orlando City)
James Scott, one year loan (striker, Hull)
Dylan Tait, four year contract (midfielder, Raith)
Nathan Wood, one year loan (defender, Middlesbrough)

Confirmed out (8):
David Gray (retired)
Jackson Irvine (St. Pauli)
Tom James (Leyton Orient)
Stevie Mallan (Malayatspor)
Ofir Marciano (Feyenoord)
Stephen McGinn (Kilmarnock)
Fraser Murray (Kilmarnock)
Callum Yeats (Queen's Park)

Confirmed out on loan (3):
Innes Murray (Edinburgh City)
Ryan Shanley (Edinburgh City)
Dylan Tait (Raith)

Confirmed new contracts (3):
Martin Boyle (three years)
Kevin Dabrowski (two years)
Matt Macey (two years)

04Sauzee
15-04-2021, 09:49 AM
It's that time again, everyone!

Confirmed in (0):
None

Confirmed out (1):
Ofir Marciano

Confirmed out on loan (0):
None

Confirmed new contracts (0):
None

Rumoured in:
Leigh Griffiths (striker, Celtic)
Regan Hendry (midfielder, Raith)

Rumoured out:
Josh Doig (Arsenal, Celtic, Leeds, Leicester, Man City)
Kevin Nisbet (Birmingham, Sheffield Utd, West Ham)
Ryan Porteous (Millwall)

Rumoured new contracts:
Jackson Irvine
Matt Macey

Think we may be in discussions with Dabrowski to renew his contract? Love this thread 😁

Diclonius
15-04-2021, 09:56 AM
Think we may be in discussions with Dabrowski to renew his contract? Love this thread 😁

Right enough, added!

Tambo
15-04-2021, 06:15 PM
Can see Sir David leaving on loan for a season then coming back to hibs for one more season, then call it a day and start coaching.

Billy Whizz
15-04-2021, 06:17 PM
Can see Sir David leaving on loan for a season then coming back to hibs for one more season, then call it a day and start coaching.

Does he and Daz have another 2 years on their contracts

SaulGoodman
15-04-2021, 06:33 PM

Hope not, I rely on his daily Covid updates.

Tambo
15-04-2021, 07:04 PM
Does he and Daz have another 2 years on their contracts

Yes I’m sure both contracts end 2023.

PatHead
15-04-2021, 10:47 PM
Are we still interested in the Sowumni brothers?

HoboHarry
15-04-2021, 10:50 PM
Are we still interested in the Sowumni brothers?

Yes, and if Petrie doesn't have them signed by Friday he can GTF......

C_hendo04
16-04-2021, 08:26 PM
So this is what my ideal summer transfer window would look like in terms of incomings:

ST - Connor Shields (QoS)
LW - Aiden O’Brien (Sunderland)
CAM - Scott Fraser (MK Dons)
CM - Allan Campbell (Motherwell)
CB - Jason Kerr (St Johnstone)
RB - Danny McNamara (Millwall)

Alternatively if Campbell is too expensive Regan Hendry could be a cheaper option with the possibility of Gullan being involved in a swap deal.

Dmas
16-04-2021, 08:34 PM
So this is what my ideal summer transfer window would look like in terms of incomings:

Alternatively if Campbell is too expensive Regan Hendry could be a cheaper option with the possibility of Gullan being involved in a swap deal.

Id be very surprised to see us go for any central midfield players, unless of course we allow someone to leave but I think JR would like to keep both allan and mallan if he could as well as keeping Irvine on so even if say Hallberg leaves we still have a lot of guys to choose from

C_hendo04
16-04-2021, 08:54 PM
Id be very surprised to see us go for any central midfield players, unless of course we allow someone to leave but I think JR would like to keep both allan and mallan if he could as well as keeping Irvine on so even if say Hallberg leaves we still have a lot of guys to choose from

Ideally my preferred midfield options would be Scott Fraser and Scott Allan as the attacking options, Allan Campbell, Joe Newell and Kyle Magennis as the box-to-box options and Jackson Irvine and Alex Gogic being the defensive options. This would mean that Mallan and Hallberg would be allowed to move on.

Tricla
16-04-2021, 08:59 PM
Ideally my preferred midfield options would be Scott Fraser and Scott Allan as the attacking options, Allan Campbell, Joe Newell and Kyle Magennis as the box-to-box options and Jackson Irvine and Alex Gogic being the defensive options. This would mean that Mallan and Hallberg would be allowed to move on.

Jackson Irvine isn't a defensive midfielder.

GibbytheHibby2
16-04-2021, 09:46 PM

McNamara would be a fantastic signing .

Unseen work
17-04-2021, 09:51 AM
A couple of players that have impressed me over the years, are out of contract or ones we should push to get.

Mix of starters, potential and squad players. Vast majority are out of contract.

Goalkeeper

Liam Kelly - QPR - 2023
Adam Bogdan - Ferencvarosi - Unknown
Robbie McCrorie - Rangers - 2023

Defenders

Jason Kerr - St Johnstone - 2022
Liam Gordon - St Johnstone - 2022
Jamie McCart - St Johnstone - 2022
Jon Guthrie - Livingston - 2021
Tommie Hoban - Aberdeen - 2021
Declan Gallagher - Motherwell - 2021
Ciaron Brown - Cardiff - 2021

Midfielders

Harry Paton - Ross County -2021
Alan Campbell - Motherwell - 2021
Jake Doyle Hayes - St Mirren - 2021
Jamie McGrath - St Mirren - 2022
Ilkay Durmus - St Mirren - 2021
Jeando Fuchs - Dundee United - 2022
Regan Hendry - Raith Rovers - 2021
Daniel Mackay - ICT - 2022

Strikers

Greg Stewart - Rangers -2021
Devante Cole - Motherwell - 2021
Laurence Shankland - Dundee United - 2022
Leigh Griffiths - Celtic - 2021

Unseen work
17-04-2021, 09:54 AM
I think there could be a lot of room for manoeuvring aswell when you consider who is out of contract, out of favour or attracting interest.

Out of contract

Ofir Marciano
Matt Macey
Kevin Dabrowski (Surprised at the mention of him being offered a new deal. Always impressed me but he is 3rd choice.
Jackson Irvine

Out of favour

Tom James
David Gray
Drey Wright
Stephen McGinn
Melker Hallberg
Stevie Mallan
Fraser Murray

Likely to attract interest

Ryan Porteous
Josh Doig
Martin Boyle
Kevin Nisbet

CMurdoch
17-04-2021, 10:48 AM
I think there could be a lot of room for manoeuvring aswell when you consider who is out of contract, out of favour or attracting interest.

Out of contract

Ofir Marciano
Matt Macey
Kevin Dabrowski (Surprised at the mention of him being offered a new deal. Always impressed me but he is 3rd choice.
Jackson Irvine

Out of favour

Tom James
David Gray
Drey Wright
Stephen McGinn
Melker Hallberg
Stevie Mallan
Fraser Murray

Likely to attract interest

Ryan Porteous
Josh Doig
Martin Boyle
Kevin Nisbet

That's a well thought out list.

The big change next season is that we will be playing twice a week and to do that we need a bigger squad.
Guys like Hallberg, Wright and Mallan will be essential to that but might decide they want to move on in the summer to get more game time although as ever it would require another team to get close to matching their present wage.

Gray has been uber done for two seasons and James can't get a game in the 4th tier at Salford. Daz will be 36 in the summer but might pull it out the bag as a back up for one more season. Can see Fraser Murray out on loan again but hopefully with a better manager than Stevie Crawford. Has showed good shooting and top notch free kicks this season but not a starter for Dunfermline for much of his loan spell.

Would like to se us retain all of the of interest guys until at least January and perhaps sell Nisbet at that point unless we are somehow still in Europe.

Dr What If?
17-04-2021, 01:18 PM
Hoping we hold on to Irvine and assuming no sales (big assumption as I can't see Kevin staying) then the only major exit will be Rocky. Been looking at goalies and what do people think about Angus Gunn? Son of a former Easter Road custodian with English Premier League experience. Only a couple of years ago he knocked back a Scotland cap as he believed he was in line for an England one.
Still on the books at Southampton I believe (they paid £13.5m for him) but a lot has happened since. Currently on loan at Stoke (mid table Championship) but not getting a game.
Would be a big name signing and a player in serious need of a career re-boot.

CMurdoch
17-04-2021, 03:03 PM
Hoping we hold on to Irvine and assuming no sales (big assumption as I can't see Kevin staying) then the only major exit will be Rocky. Been looking at goalies and what do people think about Angus Gunn? Son of a former Easter Road custodian with English Premier League experience. Only a couple of years ago he knocked back a Scotland cap as he believed he was in line for an England one.
Still on the books at Southampton I believe (they paid £13.5m for him) but a lot has happened since. Currently on loan at Stoke (mid table Championship) but not getting a game.
Would be a big name signing and a player in serious need of a career re-boot.

Angus England has 2 seasons left on his £2 million a season contract so no chance he is rocking up here

Phil MaGlass
17-04-2021, 03:08 PM
Angus England has 2 seasons left on his £2 million a season contract so no chance he is rocking up here

Yi nivver know, if hes not getting a game where he is now, put him out on loan tae us with guaranteed game time and shop window

Dr What If?
17-04-2021, 04:16 PM
That is a heck of a lot of money for a keeper that is sitting on the bench of an average championship team. If he wants a game next season he will be looking at League 1/2 or the SPL....he could be doing a lot worse than Hibs. The bigger question is would we want him?

ScottB
17-04-2021, 06:19 PM
That's a well thought out list.

The big change next season is that we will be playing twice a week and to do that we need a bigger squad.
Guys like Hallberg, Wright and Mallan will be essential to that but might decide they want to move on in the summer to get more game time although as ever it would require another team to get close to matching their present wage.

Gray has been uber done for two seasons and James can't get a game in the 4th tier at Salford. Daz will be 36 in the summer but might pull it out the bag as a back up for one more season. Can see Fraser Murray out on loan again but hopefully with a better manager than Stevie Crawford. Has showed good shooting and top notch free kicks this season but not a starter for Dunfermline for much of his loan spell.

Would like to se us retain all of the of interest guys until at least January and perhaps sell Nisbet at that point unless we are somehow still in Europe.

We’ll only definitely be playing twice a week if we or whichever of the Old Firm is still standing win the Cup.

CMurdoch
17-04-2021, 06:26 PM
We’ll only definitely be playing twice a week if we or whichever of the Old Firm is still standing win the Cup.

No team outside of the old firm or Hibs is winning the cup this season.
Aberdeen have just gone into Extra Time with Livingston.

erin go bragh
17-04-2021, 06:38 PM
Aberdeen have just gone into Extra Time with Livingston.

They have just equalised

CMurdoch
17-04-2021, 06:45 PM
They have just equalised

At least they are tiring the Livingston players out.

IberianHibernian
17-04-2021, 07:55 PM
Aberdeen have just gone into Extra Time with Livingston.St Mirren have already knocked Rangers out a cup this season . St Johnstone will give winners of Rangers v Celtic a hard game .

mayo hibee
17-04-2021, 09:22 PM
McNamara would be a fantastic signing .

Not a hope of signing McNamara, he's a Millwall first team player now.

04Sauzee
17-04-2021, 09:57 PM
An interesting article on SDG and his thoughts on his future career

https://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2021/04/17/hibs-scottish-cup-hero-discusses-the-possibility-of-leaving-club-hibs-news/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

C_hendo04
17-04-2021, 10:05 PM
Not a hope of signing McNamara, he's a Millwall first team player now.

Well with McNamara now playing regularly for Millwall now and after Stephen O’Donnell having signed a new contract with Motherwell, I was wondering what’s everyone’s opinion on Hakeem Odoffin from Hamilton as a potential signing

SMAXXA
17-04-2021, 10:06 PM

https://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2021/04/17/hibs-scottish-cup-hero-discusses-the-possibility-of-leaving-club-hibs-news/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Doesn’t really give any thoughts on his future career though

04Sauzee
17-04-2021, 10:26 PM

That it may not be at ER even although he has 2 years left on his contract

SMAXXA
17-04-2021, 10:41 PM
That it may not be at ER even although he has 2 years left on his contract

I’d imagine that’s a bit of a no brainer mate he’s no going to sit and not play for another 2 years which would mean he’s not kicked a ball for nearly 4 years at that point as a professional footballer. Sentiment aside he needs to move on for game time if JR isn’t going to give him that

B.H.F.C
17-04-2021, 10:52 PM
I’d imagine that’s a bit of a no brainer mate he’s no going to sit and not play for another 2 years which would mean he’s not kicked a ball for nearly 4 years at that point as a professional footballer. Sentiment aside he needs to move on for game time if JR isn’t going to give him that

Have always thought he was too young to get the type of contract he did. Talk of all coaching and whatever else was always a bit disrespectful IMO. Shouldn’t have been a consideration at his age for me and I actually find it a bit sad that I almost forget he’s part of our squad. If he’s fit and wants to play I hope he can go and do that.

CMurdoch
17-04-2021, 11:42 PM
Well with McNamara now playing regularly for Millwall now and after Stephen O’Donnell having signed a new contract with Motherwell, I was wondering what’s everyone’s opinion on Hakeem Odoffin from Hamilton as a potential signing

Odoffin signed a new contract with Hamilton about 6 weeks ago.
He has had a great season.

CMurdoch
17-04-2021, 11:57 PM

In the article SDG says he is not happy to sit and not play yet that is exactly what he has been doing for the last 2 years

Says he likes singing his song during matches to the tune of "Rio" by Duran Duran
"My name is David and I watch from the stand,
Every month, I hoover up ten grand"

Dmas
18-04-2021, 08:20 AM

I’d be surprised on the back of that if he’s with us next season now, I’d imagine after a full pre season Cadden will take the RB/RWB slot Mcginn will take the bench spot an offer cover at RB and CH, push gray out the picture completely

Brightside
18-04-2021, 08:33 AM
He’s heading up the youth coaching element that a lot of the first team players are getting involved with.

J-C
18-04-2021, 08:38 AM
In the article SDG says he is not happy to sit and not play yet that is exactly what he has been doing for the last 2 years

Says he likes singing his song during matches to the tune of "Rio" by Duran Duran

That's a bit ott re Gray and also a bit disrespectful towards him, do you think he actually wants to sit on the bench every single week when he himself has said he's been fit all season. The club offered him a b4 year deal and of course he signed it considering his age at the time, if you want to be angry towards anyone it should be Leeann as she's the one who offered Gray and Daz the long deals.

Does anyone know exactly what Gray can or cannot do as we've never been given the opportunity to find out, another big problem this year is not having reserve football to let payers keep their sharpness. Also if Ross doesn't fancy Gray, why is he on the bench every singe week?

J-C
18-04-2021, 08:42 AM
He’s heading up the youth coaching element that a lot of the first team players are getting involved with.

I think he, Daz and Lewis are involved in that, Lewis particularly has been helping Doig and Mackie all season and he himself has stated he realises his time is coming to an end. I think Gray also realises this but was maybe expecting a few more games of the bench or in cup matches.

jeffers
18-04-2021, 08:59 AM

Piss poor comment from you re David Gray and not for the first time.

Last season he was struggling with injury, worked his way back to fitness and says himself he has been fit all season, yet JR has not given him a chance. Unless you know what conversations he’s had with JR, or the specifics of his contract I’d suggest you have a bit more respect and consideration for a player who has never given less than 100% for us.

SMAXXA
18-04-2021, 09:28 AM
That's a bit ott re Gray and also a bit disrespectful towards him, do you think he actually wants to sit on the bench every single week when he himself has said he's been fit all season. The club offered him a b4 year deal and of course he signed it considering his age at the time, if you want to be angry towards anyone it should be Leeann as she's the one who offered Gray and Daz the long deals.

Does anyone know exactly what Gray can or cannot do as we've never been given the opportunity to find out, another big problem this year is not having reserve football to let payers keep their sharpness. Also if Ross doesn't fancy Gray, why is he on the bench every singe week?

The last point is quite simple really as we don’t have a big enough squad to leave first team boys out all together , can’t remember a time this season where I’ve found myself thinking surpised xxx didn’t make the squad. Always been a reason and injuries normally is that reason

MWHIBBIES
18-04-2021, 09:31 AM
Piss poor comment from you re David Gray and not for the first time.

Last season he was struggling with injury, worked his way back to fitness and says himself he has been fit all season, yet JR has not given him a chance. Unless you know what conversations he’s had with JR, or the specifics of his contract I’d suggest you have a bit more respect and consideration for a player who has never given less than 100% for us.

Gray is a legend but he isn't good enough to start for us anymore. He kinda hasn't been a regular since our promotion.

sleeping giant
18-04-2021, 09:59 AM

Any need for that ?
FFS

Diclonius
18-04-2021, 10:14 AM

Like, it is a contrarian thing that people choose to pick on a specific player that everyone else likes? I don't get it.

jeffers
18-04-2021, 10:23 AM
Gray is a legend but he isn't good enough to start for us anymore. He kinda hasn't been a regular since our promotion.

He’s fully fit this season, he hadn’t been in a long time. He deserves the chance to show if he’s still got it now he is fit. Wasn’t that long ago folk were writing off Daz, he got his chance and all of a sudden he’s our best central defender according to some.

MWHIBBIES
18-04-2021, 10:24 AM
He’s fully fit this season, he hasn’t been in a long time. He deserves the chance to show if he’s still got it. Wasn’t that long ago folk were writing off Daz, he got his chance and all of a sudden he’s our best central defender according to some.

Daz has had a lot of good periods for us in the top flight. His best football for Hibs was our first season back up. Gray hasn't. His best football was in the championship. There is a big difference between the two.

jeffers
18-04-2021, 10:38 AM
Daz has had a lot of good periods for us in the top flight. His best football for Hibs was our first season back up. Gray hasn't. His best football was in the championship. There is a big difference between the two.

Down to injury. DG has had a number of good games for us in the top flight and in Europe. In the Championship he managed to play more regularly.

People are judging him on his recent spells where he wasn’t 100%, he states himself he is fully fit now.I disagree there is a big difference, both players were being written off by many without them getting any game time to be properly judged.

Smartie
18-04-2021, 10:38 AM

Gray had an excellent half season after Lennon left and Heckingbottom took over.

He’s not done much wrong for us. Had a poor game at home to St Mirren last season, had only very fleeting glimpses of action this season where it’s hard to form any opinion.

It’s not like he’s had a run in the team and we were pumped down his side every week.

And when we were in the Championship he always stood up in the big games against big teams.

I’ve found it a bit strange that he’s been sidelined like he has, but ultimately I think McGinn is just very much Ross’ man and he wants to play his preferred player. And McGinn’s form has been generally excellent since he joined us, he hasn’t given Ross many reasons to drop him.

J-C
18-04-2021, 10:44 AM
Gray had an excellent half season after Lennon left and Heckingbottom took over.

He’s not done much wrong for us. Had a poor game at home to St Mirren last season, had only very fleeting glimpses of action this season where it’s hard to form any opinion.

It’s not like he’s had a run in the team and we were pumped down his side every week.

And when we were in the Championship he always stood up in the big games against big teams.

I’ve found it a bit strange that he’s been sidelined like he has, but ultimately I think McGinn is just very much Ross’ man and he wants to play his preferred player. And McGinn’s form has been generally excellent since he joined us, he hasn’t given Ross many reasons to drop him.

This is my main problem re Gray, McGinn has been poor for a good few games now and looks in need of a rest but Ross just doesn't want to play him, even today I thought was a good opportunity to give Gray a run out against weaker opposition but nope, still on the bench. If he has no intention of playing him, why have him on the bench?

jeffers
18-04-2021, 10:48 AM

Good post, can’t disagree with any of that. I like McGinn, think in the main he’s been excellent, but he has had a few games where he couldn’t complain if he’d been rested. Like you I believe he is very much Ross’ man.

B.H.F.C
18-04-2021, 10:58 AM

Unless we’re playing a back four I don’t see a place for Gray. He’s not going to displace McGinn on the right of a three and he’s not going to play as a wing back in front of Cadden or Boyle. And then even when we do play a back four, McGinn hasn’t really done much wrong (although his form has dipped a wee bit).

It’s fine Gray saying he’s fit now but, from what I’ve seen over the last few years, I’m not convinced that would have remained the case if he’d actually been on the pitch.

hibbysam
18-04-2021, 11:01 AM
This is my main problem re Gray, McGinn has been poor for a good few games now and looks in need of a rest but Ross just doesn't want to play him, even today I thought was a good opportunity to give Gray a run out against weaker opposition but nope, still on the bench. If he has no intention of playing him, why have him on the bench?

McGinn should’ve been dropped recently and I’ve said so myself, but it wouldn’t be for Gray. Cadden is our best right back option and will hopefully be our long term solution, Porteous and Hanlon should always be our right and left sided defenders, and if he wants to play a three then Daz drops into the middle of them.

J-C
18-04-2021, 11:07 AM
McGinn should’ve been dropped recently and I’ve said so myself, but it wouldn’t be for Gray. Cadden is our best right back option and will hopefully be our long term solution, Porteous and Hanlon should always be our right and left sided defenders, and if he wants to play a three then Daz drops into the middle of them.

This is on the main website and even they don't know Cadden's best position.

Our only issue is knowing what position to label him with on this website profile given his ability to play at right-back, right wing-back and across the midfield.

MWHIBBIES
18-04-2021, 11:18 AM

Excellent half season is a stretch. He was good when the team were, for 6/7 games. Nothing special otherwise. Very poor in a 1-1 draw with hearts. Sold the goal.

Hibs legend but he's done now imo.

Diclonius
23-04-2021, 10:30 AM
Allan Campbell linked, but unlikely.

bingo70
23-04-2021, 10:37 AM

Where has he been linked about or is it a general point he’s been linked a lot over the last few months?

147lothian
23-04-2021, 04:05 PM

Would be a fantastic signing, but he's going to have a lot of other offers, as much as I would like to see it happening I don't think it will

Jim44
23-04-2021, 05:23 PM
Somebody here mentioned the young lad Dembele of Celtic becoming available, and might be worth looking at, but, according to reports, Celtic have invoked a one year option, like the one that Griffiths has.

rossevenil
23-04-2021, 05:31 PM
Personally think McGinn has been needing a rest for awhile,everyone else in the back 4 has been out for one reason or another with Daz able to step up to CH and Lewis at LB whereas I can`t remember McGinn being taken out at anytime for a "break"
Would have thought Gray could more than have covered in a couple of games for Paul especially the QoS and Stranraer games?

Iggy Pope
23-04-2021, 05:41 PM
Can’t really allow a pair of smart arse ***** the opportunity to sully the David Gray legend. The man and his beautiful Berwick are beyond compare.

Tambo
23-04-2021, 06:57 PM
With 3rd place almost in the bag and potentially another semi final off we get the right result tomorrow and then expectations have definitely be set for next season and I think Ron will expect that.

Next season could be one of our biggest ever in recent times and competing in four competitions will need a good squad of players.

Halmyre Hibee
23-04-2021, 08:16 PM
If players do leave we need at least the same quality in to maintain a challenge. Not an easy thing to do as we well know from previous transfers out.

h1bs4life
23-04-2021, 08:20 PM
Can’t really allow a pair of smart arse ***** the opportunity to sully the David Gray legend. The man and his beautiful Berwick are beyond compare.

Correct , a fully fit David Gray would be one of the 1st names on the team sheet. Sadly injuries have caught up with him probably due to his style of play . Not just his header in the cup final but also his overall performance and leadership make him a real legend among decent Hibs supporters .
We could have certainly done with someone with his leadership in the big games we have bottled this season.
Smart arse ***** is being to kind will not say what I really think as it is a family board.

MWHIBBIES
23-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Correct , a fully fit David Gray would be one of the 1st names on the team sheet. Sadly injuries have caught up with him probably due to his style of play . Not just his header in the cup final but also his overall performance and leadership make him a real legend among decent Hibs supporters .
We could have certainly done with someone with his leadership in the big games we have bottled this season.
Smart arse ***** is being to kind will not say what I really think as it is a family board.

He has been fully fit all season, why hasn't he been on the team sheet?

Pathetic to call people who you disagree with names, you can fully respect everything gray has done for us, and totally seperate from that not think he is good enough anymore. I just don't think he is up to the level of a top 3 SPL side. Same as I don't think Pat Stanton could do a job for us now. Doesn't diminish his legacy. Gray is 32 now and has played 10 games in 2 years. He isn't even close to a first name on the teamsheet.

We lost many big games with him playing, his leadership qualities guarantee nothing in big games.

h1bs4life
23-04-2021, 08:49 PM
He has been fully fit all season, why hasn't he been on the team sheet?

Pathetic to call people who you disagree with names, you can fully respect everything gray has done for us, and totally seperate from that not think he is good enough anymore. I just don't think he is up to the level of a top 3 SPL side. Same as I don't think Pat Stanton could do a job for us now. Doesn't diminish his legacy. Gray is 32 now and has played 10 games in 2 years. He isn't even close to a first name on the teamsheet.

We lost many big games with him playing, his leadership qualities guarantee nothing in big games.

Pathetic to make comments about Gray , not sure what the last bit means every team loses games .When it mattered he showed what a leader is .
You seem to be all over every thread apart from one.

MWHIBBIES
23-04-2021, 08:59 PM
Pathetic to make comments about Gray , not sure what the last bit means every team loses games .When it mattered he showed what a leader is .

Why exactly is it pathetic to comment on a Hibs player, on a Hibs forum?

Of course. But we lost a few semis I can remember with him playing, including one he got ripped in and subbed at half time. It can happen to any player in any team.

What thread is this? Am I missing something? I can go and post in it if you like.

SMAXXA
23-04-2021, 10:12 PM

Where are you seeing this?

hibbysam
24-04-2021, 05:43 AM

Gray is nowhere near good enough anymore hence his game time. You can sit and sulk over that and wish he was playing along with Daz Hanlon and Stevenson as you can’t move on, or you can open your eyes and see that’s the case.

As said above, his leadership skills guarantee nothing, he’s been beat in plenty big games including semis and finals, play off ties and derbies.

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2021, 06:52 AM
Leadership qualities on the park count for nothing, when you are not good enough to play for that team now.

Juniper Greens
24-04-2021, 07:16 AM
I'm a fan of the St Johnstone fullback, Rooney. Their striker Guy Melamed also seems to be good now that he's fit

Diclonius
27-04-2021, 08:17 AM
Dabrowski signs extension.

JammyDoidger
27-04-2021, 11:51 AM
Jason Kerr
Alan Campbell
Declan gallagher
Leigh Griffiths
Get it done and we will be third next year too.

Aldo
27-04-2021, 12:27 PM
Jason Kerr
Alan Campbell
Declan gallagher
Leigh Griffiths

Hearts chum reckons they are in for top 3 in n that list and will use their financial clout to get them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibbyAndy
27-04-2021, 12:30 PM
Hearts chum reckons they are in for top 3 in n that list and will use their financial clout to get them!

Jason won't go to Hearts , No danger

hibee-boys
27-04-2021, 12:35 PM

Difficult to compete with Mr Anderson’s blank check book!🤷🏼......for someone who has had great success on achieving returns from his equity investments he obviously doesn’t expect much in return from his ‘contributions’ to Hearts, absolute shambles of a club.

04Sauzee
27-04-2021, 03:32 PM
Seen this on Kickback and can't find anything anywhere else so sounds made up??

Batistuta87
Posted 1 hour ago
A paper down south linking us and Hibs with Martyn Waghorn....

image.png.dc320285720c493fa8632d78e91b3952.png

Souter96Mac
27-04-2021, 04:41 PM

Batistuta87
Posted 1 hour ago

I remember being raging when he was subbed off in the Cup Final..most of his touches ended up going to a Hibs player or straight out that day

04Sauzee
27-04-2021, 04:50 PM
I remember being raging when he was subbed off in the Cup Final..most of his touches ended up going to a Hibs player or straight out that day

Agreed can't say I have ever been impressed, still can't see anything in it as it doesn't seem to be reported anywhere.

J-C
27-04-2021, 04:50 PM

Batistuta87
Posted 1 hour ago

Jeez I hope not, 3 goals in 28, think I'll pass.

04Sauzee
27-04-2021, 04:54 PM
Jeez I hope not, 3 goals in 28, think I'll pass.

After reading it on Kickback I had a search on twitter, nothing about him and Hibs but he's certainly not a fans favourite at Derby.

Northernhibee
27-04-2021, 05:15 PM
My first thoughts about Martyn Waghorn are that he's pretty basic.

bingo70
27-04-2021, 05:21 PM
I always thought Waghorn was a pretty decent player but came across as a fanny.

Doesn’t really fit the mould of the type of player with a potential future sell on fee that I think we will be looking to sign.

Andy74
27-04-2021, 05:36 PM
I always thought Waghorn was a pretty decent player but came across as a fanny.

Doesn’t really fit the mould of the type of player with a potential future sell on fee that I think we will be looking to sign.

Not every signing needs to fit that profile.

In any case, I can’t see Waghorn being the least bit interested in signing for us.

Aldo
27-04-2021, 05:44 PM
Not every signing needs to fit that profile.

In any case, I can’t see Waghorn being the least bit interested in signing for us.

Indeed Andy so let’s get Leigh in!

JammyDoidger
27-04-2021, 05:54 PM

If we can win the Scottish it could be massive for us, with that potential money for mcginn, possible sales off one or two assets and we would be in a right good position to be best of the rest for the foreseeable. These additions would be superb.

Magpie
27-04-2021, 10:11 PM
Aberdeen interested in Jamie McGrath and Declan Gallagher according to reports.

mayo hibee
27-04-2021, 10:44 PM
McGrath will be a good signing for someone either this summer or next year when his contract expires.

Haymaker
28-04-2021, 03:16 AM
Indeed Andy so let’s get Leigh in!

Seriously? Do I have to :hyper on every thread?!

Robbo6-2
28-04-2021, 05:20 AM
McGrath will be a good signing for someone either this summer or next year when his contract expires.

McGrath stats are good but the majority of his goals have been pens.

I've watched them a couple of times and haven't been impressed with him in general play.

S4uzee
28-04-2021, 06:22 AM
McGrath stats are good but the majority of his goals have been pens.

I've watched them a couple of times and haven't been impressed with him in general play.

Totally agree. Take away the penalties and you wouldn’t notice him

Aldo
28-04-2021, 06:38 AM
Seriously? Do I have to :hyper on every thread?!

[emoji23]

Brightside
28-04-2021, 07:02 AM

Agreed with others on this. He’s not even a standout in the st Mirren team in general play.

bigwheel
28-04-2021, 07:10 AM

Yes he will, good player...two footed and good passer...like him a lot

And does he not have 15 goals this season ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Callum_62
28-04-2021, 07:13 AM
I'd prefer Ali Mccann at St Johnstone

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Brightside
28-04-2021, 07:26 AM
I'd prefer Ali Mccann at St Johnstone

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

We can’t afford him. They want £2m

Heisenberg
28-04-2021, 07:27 AM
We can’t afford him. They want £2m

I’d imagine Jason Kerr won’t be far off £1m/£2m as well. No chance we can afford them.

Billy Whizz
28-04-2021, 07:35 AM
I’d imagine Jason Kerr won’t be far off £1m/£2m as well. No chance we can afford them.

Don’t think he will be, McCann is an international player now

Greenbeard
28-04-2021, 07:54 AM
Jason Kerr
Alan Campbell
Declan gallagher
Leigh Griffiths
To be a better team the players we bring in have got to be an improvement on the current incumbents, or at least their equal but giving us a better shape or team togetherness. So who in your eyes Jammy drops out from our usual starting line-up to accommodate each of the above? (Can't see us forking out the necessary in fees/wages just for them to be squad players.)

Brightside
28-04-2021, 08:21 AM

Jason in final year of contract i think?

JohnMcM
28-04-2021, 09:00 AM
I’m wondering about how the club will approach ins and outs of transfers if we win the SC.

I say that with the monetary rewards, the need to have a ‘settled and familiar’ with each other team, and the increased number of games Europe would bring on top of everything else in mind.

Also, I think Ron Gordon has mentioned having a smaller squad. I trust Hibs to do what they think is the right thing but I personally think we will need more in than out, but what do I know.

McD
28-04-2021, 09:35 AM
I’m wondering about how the club will approach ins and outs of transfers if we win the SC.

I say that with the monetary rewards, the need to have a ‘settled and familiar’ with each other team, and the increased number of games Europe would bring on top of everything else in mind.

Also, I think Ron Gordon has mentioned having a smaller squad. I trust Hibs to do what they think is the right thing but I personally think we will need more in than out, but what do I know.

I agree, if we get group stage European football, I think we need to increase the squad size

JammyDoidger
28-04-2021, 01:49 PM
To be a better team the players we bring in have got to be an improvement on the current incumbents, or at least their equal but giving us a better shape or team togetherness. So who in your eyes Jammy drops out from our usual starting line-up to accommodate each of the above? (Can't see us forking out the necessary in fees/wages just for them to be squad players.)

I think nisbet may be off so griffiths ideal replacement on a free.
Gallagher/Kerr walk into the starting line up infront of mcginn imo. Although chance Porteous leaves anyway.
Alan campbell replaces gogic, or Irvine if he doesn't extend his deal.

Andy74
28-04-2021, 01:51 PM
Gallagher/Kerr walk into the starting line up infront of mcginn imo. Although chance Porteous leaves anyway.

Campbell replacing Gogic would be a huge waste of £400k or whatever his compensation is. Gogic is one of our best players and Campbell has been anonymous pretty much every time I’ve seen him.

Fergus52
28-04-2021, 01:56 PM
Campbell replacing Gogic would be a huge waste of £400k or whatever his compensation is. Gogic is one of our best players and Campbell has been anonymous pretty much every time I’ve seen him.

They could probably play together tbf, but I don't think I'd have Campbell in over Newall or Irvine.

They both do just about as much defensive work as Campbell and are both better in possession at passing and dribbling imo.

.Sean.
28-04-2021, 02:02 PM
The same McGinn that has been one of our most consistent and best performers?

MagicSwirlingShip
28-04-2021, 02:05 PM
They could probably play together tbf, but I don't think I'd have Campbell in over Newall or Irvine.

They both do just about as much defensive work as Campbell and are both better in possession at passing and dribbling imo.

I’d take Campbell (If we can’t keep hold of Irvine)

500miles
28-04-2021, 02:11 PM

Can Gallagher or Kerr bomb forward from centre half? We depend on McGinn and Hanlon supporting the wingback, and part of the reason Boyle has had such a good season is because McGinn can switch between defence and attack so easily.

The Modfather
28-04-2021, 02:22 PM

Think Campbell will improve and would potentially net us a big fee in the future. I’m not sure Gogic has much more development in him, although think he’s quite inexperienced at this level and also iplaying in midfield so he might well do.

I know there’s more to a defensive midfielder than just tackles and interceptions and a lot of the good stuff like tracking your man, holding up the opposition etc is unquantifiable. However I’m sure Campbell had better tackling and interception stats than Gogic when someone posted those stats the other week. He has also scored more goals than any of our midfielders in a struggling Motherwell side. Not a sleight on Gogic but I think Campbell would be an upgrade and make our midfield collectively better.

My spider senses seem attuned to any Campbell or John Collins debates to weigh in on 😀

Sioux
28-04-2021, 02:34 PM
Think Campbell will improve and would potentially net us a big fee in the future. I’m not sure Gogic has much more development in him, although think he’s quite inexperienced at this level and also iplaying in midfield so he might well do.

I know there’s more to a defensive midfielder than just tackles and interceptions and a lot of the good stuff like tracking your man, holding up the opposition etc is unquantifiable. However I’m sure Campbell had better tackling and interception stats than Gogic when someone posted those stats the other week. He has also scored more goals than any of our midfielders in a struggling Motherwell side. Not a sleight on Gogic but I think Campbell would be an upgrade and make our midfield collectively better.

My spider senses seem attuned to any Campbell or John Collins debates to weigh in on 😀

If Gogic was to be replaced, I don't think Campbell is much of an improvement, if at all. Based on his performances against Hibs this season.

We need to set the bar higher, or we're simply replacing for the sake of replacement.

weecounty hibby
28-04-2021, 02:38 PM
I think Gogic has improved as the season has gone on. He was definitely the combative defensive player we needed but I think his passing and overall positive contribution has got better as the season has gone on. Campbell has always seemed to me to have a better reputation than the reality has shown. He may become a better player though with a better team with better players like Gogic has.

Sioux
28-04-2021, 03:38 PM
I think Gogic has improved as the season has gone on. He was definitely the combative defensive player we needed but I think his passing and overall positive contribution has got better as the season has gone on. Campbell has always seemed to me to have a better reputation than the reality has shown. He may become a better player though with a better team with better players like Gogic has.

For this reason I'd rather we signed players that are ready to go, rather than might be ready sometime in the future. I think we are now at the stage to kick on, and we dispense with experiments. I'd like to see us sign players that are an immediate improvement to what we have, bearing in mind there are no guarantees.

JammyDoidger
28-04-2021, 03:39 PM
One way we can improve for me is cutting out defensive errors. Maybe the likes of mcginn bombing on etc and supporting wing backs is part of the reason why we get sucker punched..if we just have 3 centre halfs doing the jobs they're supposed to which is defending it may make us a more solid outfit..campbell can play a bit more than gogic and can also do the combative side of things, and like previous posters he has a potential sell on value which fits into our model.

weecounty hibby
28-04-2021, 03:41 PM
For this reason I'd rather we signed players that are ready to go, rather than might be ready sometime in the future. I think we are now at the stage to kick on, and we dispense with experiments. I'd like to see us sign players that are an immediate improvement to what we have, bearing in mind there are no guarantees.
Yeah, maybe didn't make it clear but I agree. I think we already have our long term improvement player in Magennis. If we are looking to make more signings then for me they need to be guaranteed starters who0w immediately improve the 1st XI.

Brightside
28-04-2021, 03:58 PM
Campbell would be my first signing. I think he's top quality, and the main reason we almost ignored the middle of the park v Motherwell.

Billy Whizz
28-04-2021, 04:01 PM
Campbell would be my first signing. I think he's top quality, and the main reason we almost ignored the middle of the park v Motherwell.

McInnes said on Premier sports, that his agents 1st choice was to get him a club down south

Fergus52
28-04-2021, 04:22 PM
One way we can improve for me is cutting out defensive errors. Maybe the likes of mcginn bombing on etc and supporting wing backs is part of the reason why we get sucker punched..if we just have 3 centre halfs doing the jobs they're supposed to which is defending it may make us a more solid outfit..campbell can play a bit more than gogic and can also do the combative side of things, and like previous posters he has a potential sell on value which fits into our model.

I'm sure it might have happened once or twice, but I can't think of any goal we've conceded this season from a counter attack as a direct result of Hanlon or McGinn stepping forward to support the attack and getting caught out of position. They both choose when to step forward carefully, and have Newall and/or Gogic covering the space they vacate.

If you want to play a back 3 and be a side that's comfortable having a lot of possession then you need at least one but preferably two of your centre backs to be good at stepping forward and playing the ball out from the back. McGinn and Hanlon are great at this and that's been a big part of our success in recent weeks.

Hanlon and McGinn are perfectly good at "doing the jobs they're supposed to" while also stepping forward when required. Hanlon is in the who scored team of the season due to him having comparatively more tackles, headers, interceptions, clearances and blocks per game than most other centre backs in the league.

Andy74
28-04-2021, 04:23 PM

I don’t understand your last sentence.

If he is top quality he does an excellent job of hiding it when they play us, or any other game I’ve seen him in so far.

Aldo
28-04-2021, 04:47 PM

Defending is a team game for me and we defend from the front. Doidge has been superb in games chasing back.

What I would say though is if a defender or even the keeper makes a mistake they are the last line of defence and you can be punished by this.

Also I don’t get this Campbell thing! He ok but not a player we should be breaking the bank for. I’d look to get Gogic signed up on a longer deal and a new contract for Irvine.

Campbell will cost a development fee and whilst I’m not sure what that is I’m sure I read £400k? I maybe wrong. Unless we get him for a low fee with sell on I wouldn’t sign him!

We could use the money to sign a CH that would enhance/improve our current set up!

JammyDoidger
28-04-2021, 04:47 PM
I'm sure it might have happened once or twice, but I can't think of any goal we've conceded this season from a counter attack as a direct result of Hanlon or McGinn stepping forward to support the attack and getting caught out of position. They both choose when to step forward carefully, and have Newall and/or Gogic covering the space they vacate.

If you want to play a back 3 and be a side that's comfortable having a lot of possession then you need at least one but preferably two of your centre backs to be good at stepping forward and playing the ball out from the back. McGinn and Hanlon are great at this and that's been a big part of our success in recent weeks.

Hanlon and McGinn are perfectly good at "doing the jobs they're supposed to" while also stepping forward when required. Hanlon is in the who scored team of the season due to him having comparatively more tackles, headers, interceptions, clearances and blocks per game than most other centre backs in the league.

How do you think we can improve? I always see us as being weak mentally and physically defensively compared to some other teams, St.Johnstone for example. We clearly have a better midfield and forwards, so surely it's something we are doing defensively that's losing us big games. Hopefully we can win this cup, but if we fail with the midfield and attack we have then there's something far wrong. Mcginn isn't the biggest attacking or defending set pieces either. Putting a solid centre half in would make us stronger in that department.

HibbyAndy
28-04-2021, 05:37 PM
Jason in final year of contract i think?

Nope , His contract is up May 2022

Brightside
28-04-2021, 06:15 PM

If he is top quality he does an excellent job of hiding it when they play us, or any other game I’ve seen him in so far.

When we played against them last weekend we deliberately played the ball wide even more than normal. Not much of our game came through Newell and Irvine. The reason for that is Campbell in my view. We had a tactic to keep the ball out off the middle of the park where he plays. Other analysts have mentioned this before. He is stronger than a Newell or Irvine in the 50/50 situations.

Aldo
28-04-2021, 06:16 PM
How do you think we can improve? I always see us as being weak mentally and physically defensively compared to some other teams, St.Johnstone for example. We clearly have a better midfield and forwards, so surely it's something we are doing defensively that's losing us big games. Hopefully we can win this cup, but if we fail with the midfield and attack we have then there's something far wrong. Mcginn isn't the biggest attacking or defending set pieces either. Putting a solid centre half in would make us stronger in that department.

I think you are wrong and doing the team and our back line a disservice.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210428/af4325c9d0ebacb51648e6aeeed81bc4.jpg

You will see from this table we are stronger than St Johnstone over the piece.

Why do you have to pick particular players out too. So McGinn might to be the biggest but what about his 2 goals against them earlier in the season or his pass to Boyle to set up Nisbet or his cross for Doidge’s goal. Players have different attributes and they bring differing things to the team.

He has contributed loads, as have the other defenders.

I don’t see us being weaker mentality or physically. Our current league position tells you that!

Greenbeard
28-04-2021, 06:31 PM
Alan Campbell replaces gogic, or Irvine if he doesn't extend his deal.
Granted, good replacements if Nisbet and Porto are off.
Can't agree on Campbell for Gogic who in my book is a contender for POTY.
Probs not for Irvine either. Could Campbell link with Boyle and the strikers with slide rule passes? Not seen it. Allan gets in for that reason for me if Irvine does not sign on.
What's the latest on that front? I wonder if JR is waiting to see how Allan gets on with his run of games for ICT. Teuchter pal who supports them says he has been ok but not raving about him. If Irvine stays, will Allan go?

Eyrie
28-04-2021, 06:39 PM
My issue with Campbell is the development fee that would be required. If we could negotiate with Motherwell for say £100k up front and a one third sell on then fair enough, but otherwise I'd look elsewhere.

Andy74
28-04-2021, 06:42 PM
When we played against them last weekend we deliberately played the ball wide even more than normal. Not much of our game came through Newell and Irvine. The reason for that is Campbell in my view. We had a tactic to keep the ball out off the middle of the park where he plays. Other analysts have mentioned this before. He is stronger than a Newell or Irvine in the 50/50 situations.

Nah, there is no danger we were in any way scared of playing up against Campbell in the middle. He has been awful every time we’ve played them. Even when we played 442 with just Newell and Hallberg in the midfield away against them we destroyed them in the midfield.

If he was free I’d have him in the squad but not at the fee that is being talked about.

Brightside
28-04-2021, 06:44 PM
Nah, there is no danger we were in any way scared of playing up against Campbell in the middle. He has been awful every time we’ve played them. Even when we played 442 with just Newell and Hallberg in the midfield away against them we destroyed them in the midfield.

If he was free I’d have him in the squad but not at the fee that is being talked about.

We will agree to disagree. :greengrin

bigwheel
28-04-2021, 06:47 PM

I thought he was excellent against us when they won 2-0 at our place...and decent enough in the draw at the start of the season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fergus52
28-04-2021, 07:01 PM

Fair enough, I think we could definitely do with another centre half but they'd have to be pretty good to come in and immediately displace McGinn.

Iain G
28-04-2021, 07:03 PM
Fair enough, I think we could definitely do with another centre half but they'd have to be pretty good to come in and immediately displace McGinn.

We need one to push the incumbents anyway and improve our defensive options. Jason Kerr from what I have seen of him would boost our defence.

neil7908
28-04-2021, 07:13 PM

How many games have you seen him in out of interest?

Andy74
28-04-2021, 07:17 PM
How many games have you seen him in out of interest?

I haven’t counted.

mayo hibee
28-04-2021, 07:35 PM
Agreed with others on this. He’s not even a standout in the st Mirren team in general play.

McGrath rumoured to be of interest to Peterborough now who are Championship bound so he's probably out of our reach either way.

Ronniekirk
28-04-2021, 09:11 PM
I think you are wrong and doing the team and our back line a disservice.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210428/af4325c9d0ebacb51648e6aeeed81bc4.jpg

You will see from this table we are stronger than St Johnstone over the piece.

Why do you have to pick particular players out too. So McGinn might to be the biggest but what about his 2 goals against them earlier in the season or his pass to Boyle to set up Nisbet or his cross for Doidge’s goal. Players have different attributes and they bring differing things to the team.

He has contributed loads, as have the other defenders.

I don’t see us being weaker mentality or physically. Our current league position tells you that!

It’s balls into the box which end up in back of the net from headers that were partly our downfall in both semis and Tony Watt exposed the same failing again
Teams in the Cup will be waste of that and use it as a tactic
So somehow we need to work on finding a way to try not to concede from crosses Mcgregor if younger and fitter would be solution

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2021, 09:31 PM
It’s balls into the box which end up in back of the net from headers that were partly our downfall in both semis and Tony Watt exposed the same failing again
So somehow we need to work on finding a way to try not to concede from crosses Mcgregor if younger and fitter would be solution

Would he? We lost plenty goals from crosses with him playing. Including the Scottish cup final in 2016. Working harder to retain possession and prevent crosses is the answer, not mcgregor.

brog
28-04-2021, 09:46 PM

That's a huge leap of faith there. We play the ball wide even more because we're concerned about a Motherwell midfield player? More concerned than about Scott Brown, Glen Kamara and Lewis Ferguson? I actually commented on Jonnyboy's match report that I thought we moved the ball forward more quickly than usual in the 1st 25 minutes. I very much doubt however that had anything to do with Campbell's presence & much more with letting our prolific front 3 get at their defence.

hibbysam
29-04-2021, 06:44 AM
Would he? We lost plenty goals from crosses with him playing. Including the Scottish cup final in 2016. Working harder to retain possession and prevent crosses is the answer, not mcgregor.

Stopping crosses has been our issue for years. We deal with 90% of balls into our box fine, the issue is when you allow so many, you are inevitably going to lose a few goals or chances from them.

.Sean.
29-04-2021, 06:47 AM
I had genuinely never heard of Jamie McGrath until on this thread yesterday

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2021, 06:53 AM

What type of goals do our opponents lose?

Brightside
29-04-2021, 06:55 AM
That's a huge leap of faith there. We play the ball wide even more because we're concerned about a Motherwell midfield player? More concerned than about Scott Brown, Glen Kamara and Lewis Ferguson? I actually commented on Jonnyboy's match report that I thought we moved the ball forward more quickly than usual in the 1st 25 minutes. I very much doubt however that had anything to do with Campbell's presence & much more with letting our prolific front 3 get at their defence.

We will agree to disagree.

patlowe
29-04-2021, 07:35 AM

He has been talked up a lot this season and appears to be a talisman for St. Mirren. Can't say I've watched him closely over the course of a game but from the the highlights I've seen he has good technique and has racked up some very decent stats for a bottom six club.

04Sauzee
29-04-2021, 07:59 AM
St Mirren look like they have a cracking young player in Jay Henderson, was very impressed with him the other night and can see why they have him in the first team already.

Stuart93
29-04-2021, 09:29 AM
St Mirren look like they have a cracking young player in Jay Henderson, was very impressed with him the other night and can see why they have him in the first team already.

I reckon we copy whatever st mirren do in their youth set up. Suppose being the third team in Glasgow has its advantages, some amount of players came through there over the years

Billy Whizz
29-04-2021, 09:39 AM
I reckon we copy whatever st mirren do in their youth set up. Suppose being the third team in Glasgow has its advantages, some amount of players came through there over the years

They play them on a regular basis, from a young age

CMurdoch
29-04-2021, 09:42 AM

He is 24 and won back to back titles for Dundalk in Ireland before signing for St Mirren 15 months ago. He is out of contract at the end of next season but teams including Peterboro and Aberdeen are interested according to the usual media which could obviously be total keek or agent leak.

Brightside
29-04-2021, 09:52 AM
They play them on a regular basis, from a young age

Because they have to. So it works out for them in some cases. Same goes for other teams lower down the league. Hibs dont have to take as many chances on youth as other teams do..... I know you know this by the way, just incase you thought i was trying to teach my granny to suck eggs! :greengrin

Ronniekirk
29-04-2021, 11:18 AM
What type of goals do our opponents lose?

Have no idea an only concerned about my team trying to improve
But I do recall McGinn putting in a great cross that Doidge bulleted in with his head v Motherwell

easty
29-04-2021, 11:59 AM
Have no idea an only concerned about my team trying to improve
But I do recall McGinn putting in a great cross that Doidge bulleted in with his head v Motherwell

If that happens against us it’s cos Hanlon and Porteous can’t defend.

When it happens to Gallagher at Motherwell, it’s cos of the great cross and Doidges movement.

Ronniekirk
29-04-2021, 04:56 PM
If that happens against us it’s cos Hanlon and Porteous can’t defend.

When it happens to Gallagher at Motherwell, it’s cos of the great cross and Doidges movement.

The difference with the one Motherwell scored against us was the ball was high in the air a long time but Boyle was behind Watt Although the difference in size of players was a mis match

The Mcnulty goal v the sheep was a belter one v four and he won it easily

JimBHibees
29-04-2021, 06:12 PM
The difference with the one Motherwell scored against us was the ball was high in the air a long time but Boyle was behind Watt Although the difference in size of players was a mis match

The Mcnulty goal v the sheep was a belter one v four and he won it easily

Think it was the centre half Edwards rather than Mcnulty who scored the headed goal in that game.

bingo70
29-04-2021, 09:37 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-porteous-queens-park-rangers-24009575

Porteous to QPR?

04Sauzee
29-04-2021, 09:45 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-porteous-queens-park-rangers-24009575

Porteous to QPR?

Liam Kelly + £2.5m ish might do it

Ronniekirk
30-04-2021, 12:08 PM
Think it was the centre half Edwards rather than Mcnulty who scored the headed goal in that game.

Your right

gbhibby
30-04-2021, 05:51 PM

Porteous to QPR?
Better player than English Championship level. I see Dykes is attracting interest of a few EPL sides. Wonder what sort of sum on money will be offered for him? We should use that as a benchmark for any offers for Kevin.

Since90+2
30-04-2021, 06:00 PM
Better player than English Championship level. I see Dykes is attracting interest of a few EPL sides. Wonder what sort of sum on money will be offered for him? We should use that as a benchmark for any offers for Kevin.

Porteous is nowhere near English Premier League standard at the minute. He may be in a few years but at the moment he'd struggle.

Hibs1969
30-04-2021, 06:22 PM
​a
Absolutely agree with this. Everyone has been lavishing praise on young Doig (rightly so) but McGinn has also been outstanding for us this season, either as a RB or RWB. His cross for Doidge’s goal on Saturday was sublime, he’s also chipped in with a few goals including that absolute belter at Hamilton. I’ve been really impressed with him.

gbhibby
30-04-2021, 06:45 PM
Porteous is nowhere near English Premier League standard at the minute. He may be in a few years but at the moment he'd struggle.
Neither was Van Dyke according to the press down south.
He would walk into the promoted teams no problem. He should be aiming higher than the championship.

Since90+2
30-04-2021, 06:47 PM
Neither was Van Dyke according to the press down south.
He would walk into the promoted teams no problem. He should be aiming higher than the championship.

Van Dijk is on another footballing planet to Porteous, I'm not sure that's a very good example to use. He was clearly the best player in Scotland when he played here.

It's debatable whether or not Porteous is even the best centre half at Hibs at the moment.

hibee-boys
30-04-2021, 06:55 PM
Shane Duffy played in the EPL for 3 seasons......give me Ryan over him any day!

gbhibby
30-04-2021, 07:04 PM
Van Dijk is on another footballing planet to Porteous, I'm not sure that's a very good example to use. He was clearly the best player in Scotland when he played here.

It's debatable whether or not Porteous is even the best centre half at Hibs at the moment.
Van Dijk when he moved from Celtic the press said he only looked good because he was playing in Scotland. I think Ryan would be fine in a promoted side and would develop in that side. Some people on this site didn't think SJM was our best midfielder.

Since90+2
30-04-2021, 07:05 PM
Van Dijk when he moved from Celtic the press said he only looked good because he was playing in Scotland. I think Ryan would be fine in a promoted side and would develop in that side.

I'm not sure that's correct to be honest. Did Celtic not get about £13 million for him? He was very highly rated and signed for an established Premier League team. What press is it you are referring to?

Billy Whizz
30-04-2021, 07:06 PM
Van Dijk when he moved from Celtic the press said he only looked good because he was playing in Scotland. I think Ryan would be fine in a promoted side and would develop in that side.

The big thing in Ryan’s favour moving to a higher level, is he’s an excellent footballer, really comfortable on the ball
The higher up the leagues you go, the more the ball is played on the ground, and this will suit Ryan

MWHIBBIES
30-04-2021, 07:10 PM
Good lord. Ryan is good but he's 1/10 th the player Van Dijk is ffs.

If he would walk into a promoted side, he'd be at one of those sides. He is no secret at this point.

gbhibby
30-04-2021, 07:12 PM
I'm not sure that's correct to be honest. Did Celtic not get about £13 million for him? He was very I highly rated and signed for an established Premier League team. What press is it you are referring to?
There were a number of journalists questioning the price tag for a player from the Scottish league and he would be found out down south. Was not comparing him to Van Dijk.

CMurdoch
30-04-2021, 07:23 PM
if Hibs win the Scottish Cup and thus qualify to play in Europe until at least Christmas we should hold onto all our saleable assets until at least that window.

As for Porteous, no need to sell him yet. He has cut out the mad challenges and associated injuries this season and in the last month has been concentrating far better and has stopped making daft mistakes. If he can keep it going he will have closed out his last big weakness. Then play consistently well until Christmas he would be worth £3 million in the January window.

gbhibby
30-04-2021, 07:30 PM
I'm not sure that's correct to be honest. Did Celtic not get about £13 million for him? He was very highly rated and signed for an established Premier League team. What press is it you are referring to?
Van Dijk did not win his first international cap until he joined Southampton.

Since90+2
30-04-2021, 07:31 PM
Van Dijk did not win his first international cap until he joined Southampton.

And?

S4uzee
30-04-2021, 07:34 PM
Liam Kelly + £2.5m ish might do it

Liam Kelly? Surely not

Smartie
30-04-2021, 07:35 PM
Porteous isn't there yet but he has the potential to improve, so I'd expect any deal for him to have all the usual clauses in place so we can benefit if he does the business for his next club. It wouldn't need to be a meteoric rise for him to settle at that level, improve a wee bit and all of a sudden be worth a fortune. He's not in the same league as McGinn but he's got greater potential than the likes of Cummings and I could definitely see him developing into a good player.

I'm not convinced he's going to get all that much better playing for us in Scottish football though.

HoboHarry
30-04-2021, 07:38 PM
Shane Duffy played in the EPL for 3 seasons......give me Ryan over him any day!
This still makes me laugh.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGW46ReFEIQ

gbhibby
30-04-2021, 08:33 PM
Porteous isn't there yet but he has the potential to improve, so I'd expect any deal for him to have all the usual clauses in place so we can benefit if he does the business for his next club. It wouldn't need to be a meteoric rise for him to settle at that level, improve a wee bit and all of a sudden be worth a fortune. He's not in the same league as McGinn but he's got greater potential than the likes of Cummings and I could definitely see him developing into a good player.

I'm not convinced he's going to get all that much better playing for us in Scottish football though.
Celtic need to rebuild and a lot of Celtic fans rate Ryan. He would be better joining them than QPR,won't improve playing in English Championship. I think if he spent another season with us playing in Europe that would benefit him more than the English championship or if Celtic offered a sensible fee he would improve as he would get European football with them.

CMurdoch
30-04-2021, 08:35 PM
This still makes me laugh.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGW46ReFEIQ

Ryan has done that a few times

MagicSwirlingShip
30-04-2021, 08:53 PM
if Hibs win the Scottish Cup and thus qualify to play in Europe until at least Christmas we should hold onto all our saleable assets until at least that window.

As for Porteous, no need to sell him yet. He has cut out the mad challenges and associated injuries this season and in the last month has been concentrating far better and has stopped making daft mistakes. If he can keep it going he will have closed out his last big weakness. Then play consistently well until Christmas he would be worth £3 million in the January window.

I’d love it if this was the case. Can’t see it though.

I think all parties will have already been given assurances that if a suitable bid comes in to an agreed value then Hibs won’t stand in their way.

Jones28
30-04-2021, 09:06 PM

Nice one, talking up one of our best young players 👍🏻

Lancs Harp
30-04-2021, 09:12 PM
Nice one, talking up one of our best young players 👍🏻

He has done it a few times though to be fair. He still has a lot to learn, would he improve more with a move or stay with us, who knows? I hope he hangs around for another season personally.

JohnM1875
30-04-2021, 09:21 PM
So, Celtic have until Midnight tonight to trigger an extra year for Griffiths right? Should find out soon what his script is then.

B.H.F.C
30-04-2021, 09:29 PM
So, Celtic have until Midnight tonight to trigger an extra year for Griffiths right? Should find out soon what his script is then.

Not so sure. Nothing to stop them not taking up that option but then, at a later date, offering him a deal on reduced terms that would still be a lot more than anyone else in Scotland could offer.

Don’t think much will become clear until they have a new manager.

Fergus52
30-04-2021, 09:41 PM
​a
Absolutely agree with this. Everyone has been lavishing praise on young Doig (rightly so) but McGinn has also been outstanding for us this season, either as a RB or RWB. His cross for Doidge’s goal on Saturday was sublime, he’s also chipped in with a few goals including that absolute belter at Hamilton. I’ve been really impressed with him.

Agree with your point but don't think he's played at wing back once this season. All his games have been right back in a four or right centre half in a three.

CMurdoch
30-04-2021, 09:55 PM

You young guys don't look beyond the end of your nose before hitting out :wink:
You quote post #171 on this thread but didn't notice post #164 where I praise Ryan highly.
Have a look.

JohnM1875
30-04-2021, 10:14 PM
Not so sure. Nothing to stop them not taking up that option but then, at a later date, offering him a deal on reduced terms that would still be a lot more than anyone else in Scotland could offer.

Yeah very true.

Though be a bit of a slap in the face and Celtic effectively saying we don't think you were worth keeping on that wage. Take half it instead. Still, much more than we could offer, as your rightly point out.

scoopyboy
01-05-2021, 06:52 AM

I agree, but technically if Celtic haven't taken up the option he is free to sign a pre contract as of today.

I think Celtic will try and get him to sign a deal on reduced terms, it will however be more than he can get anywhere else in Scotland.

w pilton hibby
01-05-2021, 07:16 AM
From the Scotsman

Ryan Porteous 'in no rush to leave Hibs' as QPR circle -

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/ryan-porteous-in-no-rush-to-leave-hibs-as-qpr-circle-3221408

Greenbeard
02-05-2021, 06:44 PM
Some goal by big JET y'day for Livvie v Sheep.

number9dream
03-05-2021, 08:23 AM
Big JET has looked good for Livingston recently, just as the rest of the team has faded.
Martindale was saying recently that he'd be away in the summer and mentioned Thailand, where he would make more money.
Not sure he's the hardest grafter but he is a powerful guy with a great touch and we definitely need at least one new striker.

Tambo
03-05-2021, 05:29 PM
Interesting summer for Hibs would hope Nisbet and Doig can stay but if we can get good cash for Porto then take it.

I guess for me at the moment we need at least a GK CB AML ST.

Wouldn’t be sorry to see Hallberg And Wright move on.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Allan and Mallan.

MrRobot
03-05-2021, 08:13 PM
If we could get him on a permanent i’d be tempted to try Brandon Barker again for the AML position.

neil7908
03-05-2021, 08:28 PM
If we could get him on a permanent i’d be tempted to try Brandon Barker again for the AML position.

In terms of ability yes please. Fitness? No thanks. We already have Murphy missing a lot of games from that position.

stokesmessiah
03-05-2021, 08:29 PM

Someone’s been smashing the bank holiday bevvies!!?

Lancs Harp
03-05-2021, 08:42 PM
There's a player in Brandon Barker. Mind you he'd have to spend 6 months in disinfectant moving from Govan to Edinburgh.

Greencore
03-05-2021, 08:47 PM
There's a player in Brandon Barker. Mind you he'd have to spend 6 months in disinfectant moving from Govan to Edinburgh.

He's the type of player that would join hearts and be one of the best players in the country, especially against us.

MrRobot
03-05-2021, 08:49 PM
Someone’s been smashing the bank holiday bevvies!!?

Very raw when he was with us but one of those players that could get you off your seat with his play.

Hibee Mac
03-05-2021, 10:21 PM
Barker's been crap fro Rangers has he not? He was hardly prolific for us either, not for me.

CMurdoch
03-05-2021, 10:31 PM
He's the type of player that would join hearts and be one of the best players in the country, especially against us.

He looks like jambo fan Joel Sked so that makes sense.
Signing fan lookalikes. Could be the next big thing.

I was amazed Rangers signed Barker. Wildly inconsistent. Not what we require.

Smartie
03-05-2021, 10:41 PM

He's the type of player that we'd push the boat out to get on a permanent deal, be injured for 2 years, go out on loan for the third then leave on a free before going back down South and doing above average for some nondescript outfit before being linked with a move back to us every transfer window for the next decade.

1875Sean
03-05-2021, 10:50 PM
Not sure if it’s been mentioned already, the sun is linking us with Daniel Mackay, 20 year old left winger from Inverness caley

CMurdoch
03-05-2021, 10:52 PM
Not sure if it’s been mentioned already, the sun is linking us with Daniel Mackay, 20 year old left winger from Inverness caley

That's a new one to me.

Is it
A Scott Allan scouting players during his loan
B Agent guff
C Journalist guff or
D Something in it

1875Sean
03-05-2021, 10:59 PM
That's a new one to me.

Is it
A Scott Allan scouting players during his loan
B Agent guff
C Journalist guff or
D Something in it

Have to admit don’t know much about him but he has scored 9 goals, including one about Ross country in the cup, supposed to be highly rated, would rather take a chance on a up and coming player rather than the likes of Brandon Barker

jacomo
03-05-2021, 11:16 PM

What’s AML and why him?

Hardly ever fit and little end product imo. Not for me.

davhibby
03-05-2021, 11:20 PM

That would be a good signing

Unseen work
04-05-2021, 12:22 AM

I mentioned him a month or so ago, very very good prospect.

I’m a big fan and think he’s the exact sort of player we should go for.

Plays on the left, rapid and very direct. Him and Boyle on either flank would be brilliant to see.

CMurdoch
04-05-2021, 12:30 AM
Have to admit don’t know much about him but he has scored 9 goals, including one about Ross country in the cup, supposed to be highly rated, would rather take a chance on a up and coming player rather than the likes of Brandon Barker

Agreed, Barker is not the way to go.

Jones28
04-05-2021, 03:06 AM
Towards the end of his time with us Barker was phenomenal. If we were signing that, fully fit version I’d 100% have him.

BlackSheep
04-05-2021, 07:10 AM
What’s AML and why him?

Attacking Left Midfielder….

offshorehibby
04-05-2021, 07:27 AM
BBC Gossip

Hibernian are set to win the transfer race for 20-year-old Inverness Caley Thistle forward Daniel Mackay. (Scottish Sun)

04Sauzee
04-05-2021, 07:29 AM
BBC Gossip

Hibernian are set to win the transfer race for 20-year-old Inverness Caley Thistle forward Daniel Mackay. (Scottish Sun)

Off the little I have seen of Mackay he's been impressive every time I have seen him.

BegbieHSC
04-05-2021, 07:29 AM
BBC Gossip

He’s a winger. Probably what we’re looking for. Looks decent.

MrRobot
04-05-2021, 07:43 AM
What’s AML and why him?

Attacking left midfield, think i got my letters round the wrong way :greengrin

I really liked Barker when he was at Hibs, think there is a really good player in there and as i said above he was a really exciting player at times when he was with us. Still pretty young and I think would be a good option to have, whether starting or from the bench.

He seems to have played a fair few games down south this season too, albeit league 1 and his stats are decent for the number of games he’s played.

jeffers
04-05-2021, 07:48 AM
Attacking left midfield, think i got my letters round the wrong way :greengrin

I really liked Barker when he was at Hibs, think there is a really good player in there and as i said above he was a really exciting player at times when he was with us. Still pretty young and I think would be a good option to have, whether starting or from the bench.

He seems to have played a fair few games down south this season too, albeit league 1 and his stats are decent for the number of games he’s played.

I liked Barker too, but does seem a bit injury prone and imagine we’d need to pay him decent money assuming we could even sign him from the Huns, so he’s one former player I wouldn’t want us to bring back.

Diclonius
04-05-2021, 08:04 AM
That'll be the left winger then.

J-C
04-05-2021, 08:12 AM
Barker no ta, lots of tricks with no end product and a glass body.
Dont know anything about the lad from Inverness but always willing to give up and coming talent a chance.

Ozyhibby
04-05-2021, 08:15 AM
If we get Mackay then that’s a great piece of business.[emoji1696][emoji106]

Leitherhibs
04-05-2021, 08:18 AM
EEN reporting that we could confirm MacKay deal within 48hrs, sounds like a promising player, direct and skilful threat down the left.

tamig
04-05-2021, 08:18 AM
BBC Gossip

Now watch the sheep and hertz try to hijack the deal. If there is a deal. Sounds like the type of player we could be doing with though.

Jones28
04-05-2021, 08:20 AM
EEN reporting that we could confirm MacKay deal within 48hrs, sounds like a promising player, direct and skilful threat down the left.

That would be superb.

I take it he wouldn’t be able to play for us this season?

tamig
04-05-2021, 08:21 AM
That would be superb.

I take it he wouldn’t be able to play for us this season?

He’s an ICT player and the window isn’t even open yet.

bingo70
04-05-2021, 08:23 AM

Is he out of contract?

Fee will be payable regardless of course.

Andy74
04-05-2021, 08:25 AM
Is he out of contract?

Think he’s contracted to 2022.

Vault Boy
04-05-2021, 08:25 AM
Is he out of contract?

One year left after this season.

Jones28
04-05-2021, 08:34 AM
He’s an ICT player and the window isn’t even open yet.

...so a simple no would have sufficed. :aok:

tamig
04-05-2021, 08:38 AM

Sorry it wasn’t intended to sound arsey. Apologies sir.

04Sauzee
04-05-2021, 08:43 AM
Some chat on the ICT forums

https://caleythistleonline.com/topic/34392-easter-road-bound/

BegbieHSC
04-05-2021, 08:43 AM
When is Sparky getting announced then 👀?

bingo70
04-05-2021, 08:46 AM

In fairness, it was a bit of a stupid question 😂

(Only having a laugh, don’t take offence, we all ask them sometimes 😉)

Souter96Mac
04-05-2021, 09:06 AM
Happy with MacKay, looks like a promising player with potential.

Unseen work
04-05-2021, 09:11 AM
As I said delighted with Mackay. He’s young so will most likely be inconsistent so that’s where we need Murphy to be fit, compete and help him out.

Think he can also play through the middle similarly to Boyle.

cabbageandribs1875
04-05-2021, 09:14 AM
Towards the end of his time with us Barker was phenomenal. If we were signing that, fully fit version I’d 100% have him.

iirc he even scored a goal near the end :greengrin

brog
04-05-2021, 09:30 AM

I heard this after Ross C cup game where he scored. I was sworn to secrecy but as same source told me Daniel Armstrong a year or so back it wasn't difficult to oblige! FWIW I believe we're now intensely monitoring Scottish lower leagues, works for me!

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-05-2021, 09:41 AM
Not a rumour, but i wonder if there'll be interest in Doidge over the summer?

He must worry that despite his form, he's continued to be ignored by Wales - although a new manager coming in soon might mean they wont be so ignorant towards Scottish Premiership

Stuart93
04-05-2021, 09:43 AM
Aye Mackay sounds like he could be a good signing. Definitely looking at the right players.

04Sauzee
04-05-2021, 09:59 AM
An interview with him a number of weeks back - link to Spotify below.

Danny MacKay is the man of the moment right now after his recent performances for Caley Thistle! Recorded in the lead up to his Highland Derby heroics, Riley and AY sat down with Dan to discuss his career so far, from coming through the ICT Academy and scoring for Scotland's schoolboys against the auld enemy, to the Challenge Cup final and fighting back from injury, to establishing himself as a first team regular this season, his thoughts on Robbo, Kell, Neil McCann and Billy Dodds, and what it would mean to beat the County...

https://open.spotify.com/episode/65W9ARS9vnI8h96c7YzbdC?si=TIVPyNT4RLuE3G3hbJkwnA&utm_source=copy-link

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-05-2021, 10:02 AM
Win a Cup next season and he would be "With" Medals McKay.

Jones28
04-05-2021, 10:33 AM
Sorry it wasn’t intended to sound arsey. Apologies sir.

Thanks mate :aok: no harm done

Jones28
04-05-2021, 10:34 AM
In fairness, it was a bit of a stupid question 😂

(Only having a laugh, don’t take offence, we all ask them sometimes 😉)

If I ask a stupid question I want a stupid answer, not a smart arse one :greengrin

neil7908
04-05-2021, 10:49 AM
Win a Cup next season and he would be "With" Medals McKay.

😂😂😂😂 Yes please.

bingo70
04-05-2021, 10:58 AM
If I ask a stupid question I want a stupid answer, not a smart arse one :greengrin

Fair point 😉 😂

MrRobot
04-05-2021, 01:53 PM
I don’t know anything about Mackay but people seem to rate him and i trust the recruitment team so happy enough with that.

Maybe Barker on loan as backup instead then :greengrin

Since452
04-05-2021, 02:38 PM
Wonder if Ross/Mathie used Scott Allan as leverage to get first refusal on the ICT boy

04Sauzee
04-05-2021, 04:23 PM
Mark Atkinson @atkotweets

All being well, Daniel Mackay will be a Hibs player in next 24-48 hours.

Been fortunate enough to see him live a few times this season and he's the most exciting prospect in Championship.

Good piece by @sked21 on what Hibs fans can look forward to 👇

https://t.co/ueio1nYiBu

Stuart93
04-05-2021, 04:29 PM

Been fortunate enough to see him live a few times this season and he's the most exciting prospect in Championship.

Sounds a bit like Martin Boyle when he first came to us. A bit raw but absolutely rapid, could be a very exciting signing

calumhibee1
04-05-2021, 04:33 PM

He sounds like a perfect fit for us in Europe especially.

Pace and athleticism counts for so much at that level. Would love to see us get an athletic centre mid in as it’s something I wouldn’t say any of ours just now are naturally blessed with.

04Sauzee
04-05-2021, 04:37 PM
Just after 2 minutes in against Ross County in the cup

https://youtu.be/-PNEiEpGbpE

neil7908
04-05-2021, 04:37 PM
Sounds a bit like Martin Boyle when he first came to us. A bit raw but absolutely rapid, could be a very exciting signing

Yup. Not a name I was aware of before but sounds exactly the player we should be going for. Fingers crossed it gets over the line.

badabing67
04-05-2021, 04:40 PM
Barker's been crap fro Rangers has he not? He was hardly prolific for us either, not for me.

Apparently he's been excellent for Oxford Utd since January. Getting a lot of good reviews

calumhibee1
04-05-2021, 04:52 PM
Apparently he's been excellent for Oxford Utd since January. Getting a lot of good reviews

Didn’t realise he was out on loan. 18 games in 3 months, didn’t expect that.

Jordan Jones doing alright at Sunderland as well.

Hibiza
04-05-2021, 05:00 PM
Interesting summer for Hibs would hope Nisbet and Doig can stay but if we can get good cash for Porto then take it.

I guess for me at the moment we need at least a GK CB AML ST.

Wouldn’t be sorry to see Hallberg And Wright move on.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Allan and Mallan.

first decent offer for Kevin Nisbet , I'd take.

Aldo
04-05-2021, 05:18 PM

What’s decent.... £3 million plus?

brog
04-05-2021, 05:23 PM

Really? After Saturday when we never looked like scoring without him.Hes our only mobile, athletic goalscoring front man. He would be difficult to replace.

Billy Whizz
04-05-2021, 05:28 PM
Some chat on the ICT forums

https://caleythistleonline.com/topic/34392-easter-road-bound/

Are they expecting a sell on fee if Ryan Christie gets sold

Andy74
04-05-2021, 05:52 PM
Really? After Saturday when we never looked like scoring without him.Hes our only mobile, athletic goalscoring front man. He would be difficult to replace.

Apart from Doidge, yeah.

jacomo
04-05-2021, 06:13 PM

He would. Hibs fans rushing to sell our players do my nut in.

We all understand how it works but shouldn’t we try to hold on to our better players? KN has only been here a season.

Ronniekirk
04-05-2021, 06:30 PM
Anyone know if the possible link up with Brighton is a goer Saw it reported earlier somewhere
Mentioned three possible players that could come to Hibs on loan