PDA

View Full Version : Another possible explanation for poor home form?

1van Sprou7e
14-04-2021, 12:43 PM
OGS claims that Man Utd's home form is partially affected by their red shirts blending in with the empty seats, they have now changed this and covered the seats with banners so they are no longer red

Wonder if this is a small contributing factor to our home record being poor this season?

https://twitter.com/jamiejackson___/status/1382307666530336768?s=21

Keith_M
14-04-2021, 12:50 PM
OGS claims that Man Utd's home form is partially affected by their red shirts blending in with the empty seats, they have now changed this and covered the seats with banners so they are no longer red

Wonder if this is a small contributing factor to our home record being poor this season?

https://twitter.com/jamiejackson___/status/1382307666530336768?s=21

Wouldn't we have to change the colour of the grass as well?

:hmmm:

Northernhibee
14-04-2021, 12:54 PM

I tried to colour Lee Wallace in with a felt tip pen but he wasn't having any of it.

Keith_M
14-04-2021, 12:58 PM
I tried to colour Lee Wallace in with a felt tip pen but he wasn't having any of it.

:greengrin

danhibees1875
14-04-2021, 02:14 PM

Years ago I read that Real Madrid attributed part of their success to wearing white and how it stands out so well on the pitch allowing players to pick out a pass easier. I've always wondered if green does us an injustice in that sense - worth it though, quality colour.

I suspect it's all a load of deflection nonsense anyway - same as when some teams try to claim they've been more affected by the lack of crowd than others. Just trying to deflect away from having a poor season with any excuse and no surprise it was the underfiring Celtic and Liverpool (at the time) bringing it up.

Greenbeard
14-04-2021, 02:35 PM
Opposite but long long time ago I recall Bob Wilson on Football Focus criticising Peter Shilton for his preference to wear white because it gave opposition strikers an easier peripheral view of his positioning.
Bluegrass anyone?

Allez Hibs
14-04-2021, 02:40 PM
Remember under John Hughes in 2009-10 season we wore all white more than the home kit. Wore it a lot in home games too.

I wouldn't be against us wearing an all white kit with green sleeves (this seasons shade of green), think it would look really good.

Eyrie
14-04-2021, 07:04 PM
Might explain why we keep wearing the HSL kit for away games.