PDA

View Full Version : Boyle - most fouled player in League

Onion
13-04-2021, 07:51 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-martin-boyle-lifts-lid-on-rangers-incident-and-has-say-on-john-hughes-comments-3197983

Good to see Boyle speaking out about his booking, Pathetic John Hughes and the way he just gets on with it despite being the most fouled player in the Premier.

LithgaeHibby
13-04-2021, 08:00 AM
Foster's comments about Boyle on Sportscene (two programmes now) have been out of order as well. Just helps to form doubts in referees' minds.

Booked4Being-Ugly
13-04-2021, 08:04 AM
He’s absolutely correct - he gets clattered every week and refs don’t protect him.

His movement as well is such that when a defender makes slight contact it can easily trip him up. His 2nd claim against Ross County typifies that.

basehibby
13-04-2021, 09:04 AM
I've been saying for months he must be made of Teflon (touches wood) - gets booted all over the place every week without fail and just springs back up again.

His booking vs Der Hun was unbelievable as he didn't even claim for it. The ref proved what an idiot he was by giving a booking - he'd obviously never conceived of the concept of someone legitimately going down in a fair challenge - has he ever actually played the game??? You wouldn't think so.

CMurdoch
13-04-2021, 09:20 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-martin-boyle-lifts-lid-on-rangers-incident-and-has-say-on-john-hughes-comments-3197983

Good to see Boyle speaking out about his booking, Pathetic John Hughes and the way he just gets on with it despite being the most fouled player in the Premier.

Not quite.
Article says 2nd most fouled player after Lewis Ferguson although the hits Martin takes are bound to be sorer and more dangerous.

O'Rourke3
13-04-2021, 09:22 AM
Not quite.
Article says 2nd most fouled player after Lewis Ferguson although the hits Martin takes are bound to be sorer and more dangerous.Lewis Ferguson gets given fouls when he's been the offender.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Stuart93
13-04-2021, 09:27 AM
Maybe hibs/Jack Ross should make comment on inidividuals who’re branding MB a “diver”. There’s been a few of them now.

Scottie
13-04-2021, 09:33 AM
Maybe hibs/Jack Ross should make comment on inidividuals who’re branding MB a “diver”. There’s been a few of them now.
Never gonna happen Stuart as unfortunately we are quiet as a protest club as we don’t want to upset the establishment unlike def hun or Sellick who complain every week about something. :grr:

Since90+2
13-04-2021, 09:42 AM
Never gonna happen Stuart as unfortunately we are quiet as a protest club as we don’t want to upset the establishment unlike def hun or Sellick who complain every week about something. :grr:

Sevco and Celtic are the establishment.

matty_f
13-04-2021, 10:33 AM
You have to ask how Stephen Dobbie isn’t booked for a dive against us last week, when he’s thrown himself down and then claimed for it, yet the referee can’t get his cards out quickly enough to book Boyle when he hasn’t dived or claimed a penalty at Ibrox. It’s a joke.

Onion
13-04-2021, 11:25 AM
You have to ask how Stephen Dobbie isn’t booked for a dive against us last week, when he’s thrown himself down and then claimed for it, yet the referee can’t get his cards out quickly enough to book Boyle when he hasn’t dived or claimed a penalty at Ibrox. It’s a joke.

Exactly this. Difference is John Hughes. This numbskull is the reason for all this bull**** about Boyle. His comments said in his usual cheeky, chirpy, chappy way were unprofessional and a disgrace. He should have been hammered for them, but instead they've been left out there for the media to build on. Hibs needed to step in hard at that point but didn't and, unlike Hearts and OF, we don't have the long line of media luvvies ready to step in and counter Hughes baseless and stupid accusation.

mal
13-04-2021, 11:37 AM
I see we've signed a youngster called Oscar MacIntyre. Commentators will already be honing their witticisms for the first time he is perceived to have dived...

silverhibee
13-04-2021, 01:47 PM

Our manager not defending our players is a joke, shocking that it has taken Boyle to speak out about this and pull up Yogi at the same time, that is the managers job, he should be defending Boyle and appealing that yellow card from Sunday, every other manager would be going nuts about it but I don't thing the manager has mentioned it, for me Jack is to dull and needs to start fighting our corner when things go against us, can't think the players will be happy that the manager is not defending players, FFS Porteous could have had a serious injury when Morelos stamped on him but our manager said barely nothing about it, he should have made it clear after the game that it was a shocking tackle and how did the ref miss it when he was staring right at it and pointed out that it was a straight red.

Wilson
13-04-2021, 02:33 PM
Our manager not defending our players is a joke, shocking that it has taken Boyle to speak out about this and pull up Yogi at the same time, that is the managers job, he should be defending Boyle and appealing that yellow card from Sunday, every other manager would be going nuts about it but I don't thing the manager has mentioned it, for me Jack is to dull and needs to start fighting our corner when things go against us, can't think the players will be happy that the manager is not defending players, FFS Porteous could have had a serious injury when Morelos stamped on him but our manager said barely nothing about it, he should have made it clear after the game that it was a shocking tackle and how did the ref miss it when he was staring right at it and pointed out that it was a straight red.

He is quoted in the aftermath of the match. Basically saying that just because opposition managers call Boyle a diver doesn't mean he should be regarded as such. And that if a player goes down and it's not a penalty it doesn't necessarily mean it's a booking.

It isn't that he's not aware of the injustice or hasn't commented on it. Some fans want a manager spitting feathers on telly but that's just not his style.

WeeRussell
13-04-2021, 02:57 PM
He is quoted in the aftermath of the match. Basically saying that just because opposition managers call Boyle a diver doesn't mean he should be regarded as such. And that if a player goes down and it's not a penalty it doesn't necessarily mean it's a booking.

It isn't that he's not aware of the injustice or hasn't commented on it. Some fans want a manager spitting feathers on telly but that's just not his style.

Exactly. We get sick of other managers constantly bleating on and moaning about everything that goes against them. Now we’re having a go at Jack Ross for not being like that?

Reckon JR would have to win the quadruple before he could go a week without getting stick from our fans.

Northernhibee
13-04-2021, 02:57 PM

This would be a fine rant if Jack Ross hadn't defended out player after the game.

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2021, 03:05 PM

Any made up reason to knock the club eh.

What good would complaining do?

Silky
13-04-2021, 04:45 PM
Exactly. We get sick of other managers constantly bleating on and moaning about everything that goes against them. Now we’re having a go at Jack Ross for not being like that?

Reckon JR would have to win the quadruple before he could go a week without getting stick from our fans.

Aye I agree. Some folk on here used to hate when Lennon went off on one. If Ross kicked off and ended up getting a ban, he'd get it tight.

Seveno
13-04-2021, 05:21 PM
I hope hope that Hibs are making their objections known behind the scenes to the SFA. More likely to be productive, I feel.

As for Hughes, it should be made known that he is no longer welcome at ER.

Smartie
13-04-2021, 05:49 PM
Aye I agree. Some folk on here used to hate when Lennon went off on one. If Ross kicked off and ended up getting a ban, he'd get it tight.

From some.

If he continues to stay quiet whilst Boyle is the most fouled player in the league yet gets criticism for being a diver and we get a game-changing decision against us every time we play Rangers then he’ll get it tight from others.

It’s up to him who he chooses to take criticism from and why, he’s not in a job where he can please everyone.

His demeanour, actions and words have all been reasonable so far, so he’s hardly on a final warning re a ban. I think he’s got a bit of credit in the bank with the authorities to allow him to come out swinging some time if he fancies it. Up to him when or if he chooses to exercise it.

And I think the problem with Lennon was it was his go to reaction so it lost it’s effect. Some of us found it quite refreshing from him at times, tiresome when he did it too often. Hibs have long been “quiet and know your place” which has often been dignified and appropriate. There was something quite good about having Lennon snarling away and fighting our corner.

For a while, anyway.

Bostonhibby
13-04-2021, 06:02 PM
Boyle has always been a target for Brutish serial foulers, noticeable against the likes of McInnes Aberdeen sides but it's even more remarkable when you consider we have had a season without Hearts, regularly amongst the most bookings and fouls per team.

They're back next season so guess it's not going to be a league where entertaining skilful players will get much protection.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
13-04-2021, 07:52 PM
I just seen his booking against Rangers on sky there... looks like a clear dive to me? He doesn’t get up and shout at the ref, but doesn’t mean he didn’t dive. I think he’s realised so kept quiet.. not as bad as Dobbie against us at the weekend but I don’t think it’s an outrageous booking like a lot of us are saying!

Our disallowed goal is a shocker however.

Jonnyboy
13-04-2021, 10:57 PM

..... or why was Hagi not booked for a blatant dive? Ignored by Robertson :shocked:

CJHibby
14-04-2021, 06:25 AM
I thought Hughes line was a belter and actually was delivered to lighten how he felt. Boyler has went over a bit too easily at times 'though he's no Jamie Walker or Luis Suarez.Being fouled continually isn't an excuse though, George Best always stayed up and he was being hatcheted constantly-in an era of little to no protection. The reason HE is being singled out by the media is because he is a real danger to Celtic and Rangers. The facts speak for themselves..Morelos should've been red carded but the ref bottled it. Celtic have always had players go over easily for penalties but with no redress. There is a witch hunt with MB and Jack Ross needs to call it out.