PDA

View Full Version : Positives

hibby rae
11-04-2021, 04:05 PM
What are they from today?

It was a defeat, one that most of us would probably have expect given Rangers' form this season. Could it be argued that, if not a positive, then losing by only one goal isn't a massive negative. Our goal difference over Aberdeen remains at a very healthy 10 goals, essentially being worth a point at this stage of the season.

Nisbet getting on the score sheet is another positive. Great for his confidence, and a confident striker usually means a prolific striker.

So two little things which could have a massive bearing on finishing third.

Northernhibee
11-04-2021, 04:08 PM
Our tactics were very good - we got caught out by two very good finishes (we could maybe have closed down a bit quicker) and managed to get the ball in the back of the net twice against a team who have only conceded two at home all season. We looked dangerous on the counter and Porteous was excellent today. Hanlon good too, even if he didn't take his opportunity.

PatHead
11-04-2021, 04:10 PM
What are they from today?

It was a defeat, one that most of us would probably have expect given Rangers' form this season. Could it be argued that, if not a positive, then losing by only one goal isn't a massive negative. Our goal difference over Aberdeen remains at a very healthy 10 goals, essentially being worth a point at this stage of the season.

Nisbet getting on the score sheet is another positive. Great for his confidence, and a confident striker usually means a prolific striker.

So two little things which could have a massive bearing on finishing third.

I agree with you. Could have been a lot worse.
Let's just beat Livvy now and it will all but be sealed.

Vault Boy
11-04-2021, 04:11 PM
Purely the fact that we were wrongfully robbed of a point against this year's runaway champions, away from home no less, is a big enough positive for me. I wasn't impressed at all up until Sevco scored, but we really held our own after that. This is a good group of players and an encouraging manager, I'm excited about what lies ahead.

davhibby
11-04-2021, 04:21 PM
If we play that well in our other 4 games we win them all. Consistently playing to a high standard has been a bit of an issue this season though but hopefully we can keep going.

Northernhibee
11-04-2021, 04:41 PM
We got more shots on target than them today; that's not easy to do at Ibrox. Quite an even game, just they have so many lethal players all over the pitch. Highly improbable to keep a clean sheet against Rangers.

Northernhibee
11-04-2021, 04:54 PM
We've also gotten the game against Rangers out of the way and although we should have had a point, the lead is still four points. If you count the Celtic and Rangers games as unlikely to get points from that means we still have nine points to play for, Aberdeen six.

Wheat Hound
11-04-2021, 04:57 PM
Ifs buts and maybes but if we win our 2 home games v Livi and St Johnstone then, unless Aberdeen beat both Celtic and Livi, it'll be done then due to our sizable goal difference advantage.

Smartie
11-04-2021, 04:57 PM
If we can create that much away to the team with the best defensive record in the league then we should be able to create in our other remaining games.

Nisbet playing well and scoring is very much in our best interests.

Diclonius
11-04-2021, 04:59 PM
Keep that performance up and 3rd and a semi final will be wrapped up very soon.

hibby rae
11-04-2021, 05:09 PM
We've also gotten the game against Rangers out of the way and although we should have had a point, the lead is still four points. If you count the Celtic and Rangers games as unlikely to get points from that means we still have nine points to play for, Aberdeen six.

For us, I think we will take something from the Celtic game, which I don't think Aberdeen will be as likely to. Our league record against them at Easter Road speaks for itself. It's a real shame there won't be fans at that one, the atmosphere would be tremendous.

I also feel we tend to get a result against them at the tail-end of the season quite a bit.

hibby rae
11-04-2021, 05:21 PM
My gut feeling is we will get 7 more points before the end of the season. Although I wouldn't want to say what games we'll pick those up.

But that will be enough to see us to 3rd as Aberdeen would have to win every game.

Franck Stanton
11-04-2021, 05:22 PM
For us, I think we will take something from the Celtic game, which I don't think Aberdeen will be as likely to. Our league record against them at Easter Road speaks for itself. It's a real shame there won't be fans at that one, the atmosphere would be tremendous.

I also feel we tend to get a result against them at the tail-end of the season quite a bit.

Plus, with it being the last game of the season, 3 rd should be decided & we can play without any pressure.

Torto7
11-04-2021, 05:28 PM
We didn't deserve to lose and as usual we were cheated out of a perfectly good goal. The team is in good nick at the minute, we just need to convert our chances. Irvine and McGinn are looking jaded. So there's a chance for Magennis to show us what he's about.