PDA

View Full Version : Robbed again

lord bunberry
11-04-2021, 04:02 PM
Can someone explain to me why our goal was disallowed? What chance have you got when decisions like that are going against you.

jeffers
11-04-2021, 04:09 PM
3 of the 4 games against them this season refereeing has cost us. Morelos should have been red carded in last game, penalty for Newell on Boxing Day and the goal chalked off today for hee haw. Can’t even blame crowds for influencing referees decisions.

A Hi-Bee
11-04-2021, 04:13 PM
3 of the 4 games against them this season refereeing has cost us. Morelos should have been red carded in last game, penalty for Newell on Boxing Day and the goal chalked off today for hee haw. Can’t even blame crowds for influencing referees decisions.

Just the way it is not gonna change anytime soon and they are always moaning that things go against them, ****ing gunts that they are.

:thumbsup:

Wheat Hound
11-04-2021, 04:15 PM
https://twitter.com/kwr66/status/1381277233785024513?s=20

Northernhibee
11-04-2021, 04:18 PM

That's absolutely scandalous. There's not even any wrestling or handbags in the box.

marinello59
Can someone explain to me why our goal was disallowed? What chance have you got when decisions like that are going against you.

It’s simple. We were playing Rangers at Ibrox.

calumhibee1
Joke of a decision :agree:

Heisenberg
11-04-2021, 04:21 PM
That’s ridiculous.

Keith_M
11-04-2021, 04:21 PM
This is the third game in a row where we've been done over against them.

Hibs really have to start making more of a fuss about this, because it's totally outrageous.

loanheadhibby
11-04-2021, 04:22 PM
Foul against Porteous according to Luke Stanley. Luke is a big Hibbie and thought it possibly just a foul.
We did score an equaliser at ER in the first game which was just off side.

Sir David Gray
11-04-2021, 04:23 PM
Disgraceful but hardly surprising.

The referee will be getting a pay rise tonight.

Hibernia&Alba
It will never change against the Old Firm. We've all seen it time and again.

Allant1981
Foul against Porteous according to Luke Stanley. Luke is a big Hibbie and thought it possibly just a foul.

Not a chance it was a foul

SaulGoodman
11-04-2021, 04:24 PM
That’s even worse than I thought it would be

hibbydad
11-04-2021, 04:25 PM
It was worse totally disgraceful decision

lord bunberry
11-04-2021, 04:28 PM
Same here, you only got a quick look during the game but when you can watch it properly it gets even worse.

davhibby
11-04-2021, 04:31 PM

We did and have subsequently been punished by 3 pathetic decisions in the remaining games against them this season. That’ll teach us I guess

givescotlandfreedom
11-04-2021, 04:31 PM

What's even the point in turning up?

JammyDoidger
11-04-2021, 04:38 PM

Offside which was tighter than a ducks erchie. Can't compare them.

JammyDoidger
11-04-2021, 04:39 PM
What's even the point in turning up?

This. We are risking injurys when the results already been decided before the games started.

Pretty Boy
11-04-2021, 04:41 PM
If Hibs.net existed when our Grandads were bairns they would have been making the same points. If it's still a thing when our grandchildren are 60 they will be making them.

If people believed the 'honest mistake' or 'influence of the crowd' narrative then more fool them. It's cheating. Always has been and always will be.

Allant1981
11-04-2021, 04:42 PM
Would love for refs to be interviewed after a game but can't ever see it happening

Northernhibee
11-04-2021, 04:43 PM
I'm going to put it out there - if the goal from Porto had stood, Nisbet made it 2-2 then I think we'd have won that game. Soon as we scored I think Rangers looked a bit off it.

There aren't many teams (including Celtic) that go to Ibrox and give them as good a game as we did.

gbhibby
11-04-2021, 04:45 PM
Boyle goes down in the box with more contact gets booked.😠

Velma Dinkley
11-04-2021, 04:48 PM
Scottish football has been corrupt long before I was born. The fact that Sevco even exists, and the media and authorities pretend that it's Rangers, highlights just how corrupt and rigged the game is. Nothing will change because the people in positions of power don't want it to.

Smartie
11-04-2021, 04:53 PM

Hibs really have to start making more of a fuss about this, because it's totally outrageous.

You have to wonder, if we had Neil Lennon kicking off about the first and second ones whether or not the subsequent ones go against us.

Dignity has it’s place but tears and snotters do also.

We’ve been mugged, but we have a habit of taking it lying down.

Northernhibee
11-04-2021, 04:55 PM
You have to wonder, if we had Neil Lennon kicking off about the first and second ones whether or not the subsequent ones go against us.

Not a chance, we'd have had a manager in the stands and probably started Nisbet at right back or something.

hibbysam
11-04-2021, 04:58 PM
I'm going to put it out there - if the goal from Porto had stood, Nisbet made it 2-2 then I think we'd have won that game. Soon as we scored I think Rangers looked a bit off it.

There aren't many teams (including Celtic) that go to Ibrox and give them as good a game as we did.

If the goal stood then Nisbet doesn’t score. It does however give us longer to equalise.

Dr What If?
11-04-2021, 05:01 PM
The decisions against us this season when playing Rangers this season have been a joke, its so blatant. Can't clubs start lobbying for non-Scottish refs to take charge whenever the OF play? I'm not suggesting corruption here, just lost all faith in any official coming into any of their games without bringing their bias with them.

Smartie
11-04-2021, 05:03 PM
Not a chance, we'd have had a manager in the stands and probably started Nisbet at right back or something.

😂

I don’t disagree, but Lennon did have his positives too and at times I think it’s useful to have someone like him kicking off on your behalf.

Chorley Hibee
11-04-2021, 05:05 PM
If Hibs.net existed when our Grandads were bairns they would have been making the same points. If it's still a thing when our grandchildren are 60 they will be making them.

If people believed the 'honest mistake' or 'influence of the crowd' narrative then more fool them. It's cheating. Always has been and always will be.

Correct!

It's cheating plain and simple, but still many seem reluctant to call out what is staring them in the face each week.

Hibs themselves need to start being more vocal on these incidents, diplomatic silence is doing us no favours.

Onion
11-04-2021, 05:06 PM
That’s ridiculous.

Clear foul for having the audacity to challenge their No 5 for the ball. Hibs player lucky to not be red carded.

Torto7
11-04-2021, 05:11 PM
They haven't had a penalty against them all season have they? There will be plenty on here playing the old firm card to try and deflect when in reality its just them and it's every bit political. This is a country that allows Douglas Ross the leader of the Scottish Unionists to officiate for goodness sake. It's a stinking cartel of like minded weirdos heavily influenced by the cheat and bigot Hugh Dallas. Var is long overdue as is an enquiry into why so many referees are from similar areas/backgrounds. I won't hold my breath though.

I wonder if this will be talked about all week like the witch hunt Porteous/Boyle faced. Again no chance. It's a tall order asking Ron Gordon to comment on this with his lack of knowledge of how it works here but I'd like someone else to bring it up. Michael Stewart isn't meek on calling those toss pots out.

Orourke73
11-04-2021, 05:12 PM

Couldn't agree more. I would love if we played our under 15 team gainst t

Onion
11-04-2021, 05:12 PM
Scottish football has been corrupt long before I was born. The fact that Sevco even exists, and the media and authorities pretend that it's Rangers, highlights just how corrupt and rigged the game is. Nothing will change because the people in positions of power don't want it to.

What's most disturbing is the league is done. The Rangers don't need the points, yet still get gifted these ridiculous decisions by refs who cannot help themselves. It's learned behaviour passed down the generations. In the clip, The Rangers players don't even claim for a foul and appear to accept the goal.

Orourke73
11-04-2021, 05:15 PM

I don't post on here often but you are 100% correct. I would be happy if we took our under 15 squad to ibrox for the foreseeable future

Orourke73
11-04-2021, 05:17 PM
They haven't had a penalty against them all season have they? There will be plenty on here playing the old firm card to try and deflect when in reality its just them and it's every bit political. This is a country that allows Douglas Ross the leader of the Scottish Unionists to officiate for goodness sake. It's a stinking cartel of like minded weirdos heavily influenced by the cheat and bigot Hugh Dallas. Var is long overdue as is an enquiry into why so many referees are from similar areas/backgrounds. I won't hold my breath though.

I wonder if this will be talked about all week like the witch hunt Porteous/Boyle faced. Again no chance. It's a tall order asking Ron Gordon to comment on this with his lack of knowledge of how it works here but I'd like someone else to bring it up. Michael Stewart isn't meek on calling those toss pots out.

Spot on, we've accepted this for far too long.

Big_Franck
11-04-2021, 05:18 PM

Agree with the second sentence. This 'Hibs class' nonsense of us not making a fuss, staying quiet, bending over and taking it dry just leads to it happening even more often.

Man Down Under
11-04-2021, 05:20 PM
If Celtic were the dominant team just now it would have been a goal.
It's not corruption, the refs are just s****bags.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Mick O'Rourke
11-04-2021, 05:21 PM
It will never change against the Old Firm. We've all seen it time and again.
If these forums had been around in the 60s/70s when i first saw Hibs at Ibrox
,the posts would be very similar.

My uncles and older cousins, who would have been at Ibrox 40s/50s would have witnessed the same from referees. Their elders too,when going there.
My grandfather and his pals once walked from the Cowgate to Ibrox to see Hibs play and get robbed (slept in farmers field overnight!)

The old joke after a 0-0 game at Ibrox "who missed Rangers penalty" stands today.
That joke has been around for decades.

When all said and done, the corruption from officials has been forever.
Its either that, or our "top" officials are scared to death of ,even now, the establishment club in Scotland.

In 2012, the new club should have had to apply for entry and started lower than they did in the system.
But no ,the suits bent over backwards at the cost to others to shoe horn them back in to the fold. And some wanted them not to be "demoted"

My relatives and friends down South laugh at our game due to the duopoly.
They dont know the half of it.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-04-2021, 05:22 PM
Boyle goes down in the box with more contact gets booked.😠

A leg gets stuck out, does not get the ball, Boyle goes over and down, he doesn’t appeal for the penalty
Quick as a flash Dallas couldn’t wait to book him

gbhibby
11-04-2021, 05:25 PM
Stokes was more physical with Tavernier for the 2nd goal in the cup final. Thought the ref was poor today and I usually give them the benefit of the doubt.
Is Don Robertson a reincarnation of R H Davidson?

Hibee Mac
11-04-2021, 05:26 PM
The trouble is that there is no one to fight our side in the media with this type of stuff. By definition the majority of pundits and those working in papers, media etc are old firm fans.

So this kind of stuff gets glossed over. Case and point the rangers commentary today didn't even mention the chalked off goal once.

Same goes for referees, they're old firm fans, they watch all this biased pish including the myth that Martin Boyle dives all the time, and I don't care how hard they try to be honest there is always going to be an unconscious bias there. Hell I'd be the same if I was refereeing Hibs games.

I don't usually go as far as claiming corruption but this season's games v Rangers go as unequivocal proof to me that there is bias in games v old firm, whether they are actively trying to be or not

SouthMoroccoStu
11-04-2021, 05:33 PM
Stokes was more physical with Tavernier for the 2nd goal in the cup final. Thought the ref was poor today and I usually give them the benefit of the doubt.

I thought the ref got more whistle happy for them once we pulled it back to 2-1

Hibernia&Alba
11-04-2021, 05:42 PM
The rest of the clubs are called paranoid and conspiracy theorists for pointing this out, but how many times does it happen to teams at Ibrox and Parkhead? I've always felt the officials aren't setting out to deliberately cheat, but are afraid of the Old Firm and the fallout from giving decisions against them, so they avoid doing so. It's cowardice.

Northernhibee
11-04-2021, 05:49 PM
😂

I don’t disagree, but Lennon did have his positives too and at times I think it’s useful to have someone like him kicking off on your behalf.

Let's be absolutely honest, Lennon had the best midfield in Scotland and still bottled potentially our last chance in decades to finish second and didn't even get third. He left us under a cloud to go to Celtic, disassemble one of the best teams in living memory for Scotland and then leave under a cloud.

It's time we looked at what more modern managers are doing to overachieve - Brendan Rogers for one.

If Jack Ross was jumping up and down and ranting and raving it's just going to give refs more of an "oh aye? We'll see about that" mentality knowing that they're not going to get pulled up or questioned about it. As people have said, it's happened for decades that you don't get decisions at Ibrox or Celtic, if ranting and raving worked then everyone would do it and it would be effective.

The game of football is more cerebral than ever before and a well spoken, intelligent manager is far more beneficial than one in the stands because he doesn't know what fights to pick and what ones to leave.

Hibee Mac
11-04-2021, 05:50 PM
The rest of the clubs are called paranoid and conspiracy theorists for pointing this out, but how many times does it happen to teams at Ibrox and Parkhead? I've always felt the officials aren't setting out to deliberately cheat, but are afraid of the Old Firm and the fallout from giving decisions against them, so they avoid doing so. It's cowardice.That's exactly it, it's a mixture of being scared to make a call against them and/or being subconsciously biased towards them

silverhibee
11-04-2021, 05:54 PM
Same here, you only got a quick look during the game but when you can watch it properly it gets even worse.

No sticky’s claiming for a foul, even McGregor looks like he accepts it’s a goal, it is a shocking decision from the ref and I hope JR makes a big deal about it, the ref doesn’t\can’t see anything apart from a sticky looking like he has been pushed, Boyles yellow was a joke as well.

greenlex
11-04-2021, 05:58 PM
As long as he’s not got a daughter.

silverhibee
11-04-2021, 06:00 PM
😂

Our manager should have gave the ref a ear full at HT for the yellow card on Boyle, we need to put these folk under pressure all the time.

Northernhibee
11-04-2021, 06:02 PM
Our manager should have gave the ref a ear full at HT for the yellow card on Boyle, we need to put these folk under pressure all the time.

The problem is that they're only under pressure if anything's going to be done about it. We don't see anything from the authorities, the media - time and time again two teams get all the decisions and time and time again they get away with it.

I don't know what the answer is, not at all sadly, but when the refs are more than delighted to be card happy we don't need to give them excuses.

hibsbollah
11-04-2021, 06:05 PM
I was listening to the English game in the car, they cut to the five live Scottish guy Roddy Forsyth at Ibrox for the match report, never mentioned the incident, Rangers were ‘well worth the win’, that was it.

Mick O'Rourke
11-04-2021, 06:07 PM
Just add to previous comments
It is mystifying that refs feel the need ,if thats the word ,to assist rAngers in the way we witness every season.
After all the Ibrox club have outspent us many times over every season.
Official intervention, you would think, would not be required .]
We do for some reason turn them over on the odd occasion.
Our winning goal May 2016 was maybe scored too late for any interference to follow _)

Even Plod was well on their way to Ibrox before that happened !

lord bunberry
11-04-2021, 06:09 PM
No sticky’s claiming for a foul, even McGregor looks like he accepts it’s a goal, it is a shocking decision from the ref and I hope JR makes a big deal about it, the ref doesn’t\can’t see anything apart from a sticky looking like he has been pushed, Boyles yellow was a joke as well.
He’s already been interviewed and he just gave the usual “these things happen” comment. He did say it was never a foul though.

hibsbollah
11-04-2021, 06:10 PM

My grandad told the same stories to me in the 70s about biased and corrupt Masonic refs from certain parts of Lanarkshire, and he was a Jambo who first used to watch them in the 1920s.

So it’s fair to say there’s a hundred years of anecdotal evidence it’s a bogey.

Hibernia&Alba
11-04-2021, 06:11 PM
He’s already been interviewed and he just gave the usual “these things happen” comment. He did say it was never a foul though.

Yes, these things do happen; that's the problem, they happen EVERY season.

lord bunberry
11-04-2021, 06:13 PM
Yes, these things do happen; that's the problem, they happen EVERY season.
Agreed. The stamp at Easter Road was a disgrace, the ref was looking right at it.

Perfectly Loud
11-04-2021, 06:24 PM
20 years ago, I was confident I could've been shown a Bigot Brothers forum thread, with all club names & sectarian terms blanked out, and narrow the identity of the club supported by the posters down to a list of two.
These days, that exercise would be significantly more difficult🙄... and the situation isn't confined to football😒

Chorley Hibee
11-04-2021, 06:28 PM
Let's be absolutely honest, Lennon had the best midfield in Scotland and still bottled potentially our last chance in decades to finish second and didn't even get third. He left us under a cloud to go to Celtic, disassemble one of the best teams in living memory for Scotland and then leave under a cloud.

It's time we looked at what more modern managers are doing to overachieve - Brendan Rogers for one.

If Jack Ross was jumping up and down and ranting and raving it's just going to give refs more of an "oh aye? We'll see about that" mentality knowing that they're not going to get pulled up or questioned about it. As people have said, it's happened for decades that you don't get decisions at Ibrox or Celtic, if ranting and raving worked then everyone would do it and it would be effective.

The game of football is more cerebral than ever before and a well spoken, intelligent manager is far more beneficial than one in the stands because he doesn't know what fights to pick and what ones to leave.

If you want change then it requires us being vocal, and continuing to be vocal until, eventually, somebody listens.

This almost tacit approval of systemic cheating results in the status quo. Our silence down the years has achieved nothing.

Being vocal won't change everything, but it might make a few think twice in the future, and that is a starting point at least.

JeMeSouviens
11-04-2021, 06:38 PM
I was listening to the English game in the car, they cut to the five live Scottish guy Roddy Forsyth at Ibrox for the match report, never mentioned the incident, Rangers were ‘well worth the win’, that was it.

Roddy Forsyth was a shareholder in the old Rangers. I’m going out on a limb here and saying it wasn’t for the investment potential. :rolleyes:

Northernhibee
11-04-2021, 06:39 PM
If you want change then it requires us being vocal, and continuing to be vocal until, eventually, somebody listens.

This almost tacit approval of systemic cheating results in the status quo. Our silence down the years has achieved nothing.

Being vocal won't change everything, but it might make a few think twice in the future, and that is a starting point at least.

Sorry to break this to you, but it ain't changing. Ever.

Pick the fights you can win but other than pointing out that it wasn't a foul in the post match presser, there's nothing Jack Ross can do about that other than potentially find himself in the stand for the next vital fixtures.

matty_f
11-04-2021, 06:42 PM
20 years ago, I was confident I could've been shown a Bigot Brothers forum thread, with all club names & sectarian terms blanked out, and narrow the identity of the club supported by the posters down to a list of two.
These days, that exercise would be significantly more difficult🙄... and the situation isn't confined to football😒

You see some shocking bigotry these days. Those tramps from Gorgie are bad for it, eh?

ACLeith
11-04-2021, 06:44 PM
If these forums had been around in the 60s/70s when i first saw Hibs at Ibrox
,the posts would be very similar.

My uncles, who would have been at Ibrox 40s/50s would have witnessed the same from referees. There elders too when going there
My grandfather and his pals once walked from the Cowgate to Ibrox to see Hibs play and get robbed (slept in farmers field overnight!)
The old joke after a 0-0 game at Ibrox "who missed Rangers penalty" stands today.
That joke has been around for decades.

When all said and done, the corruption from officials has been forever.
Its either that, or our "top" officials are scared to death of ,even now, the establishment club in Scotland.

In 2012, the new club should have had to apply for entry and started lower than they did in the system.
But no ,the suits bent over backwards at the cost to others to shoe horn them back in to the fold. And some wanted them not to be "demoted"

My relatives and friends down South laugh at our game due to the duopoly.
They dont know the half of it.

My father is the reason I am a Hibee. I have many more reasons to be grateful to him, amongst his many qualities he was a very calm, measured person. He died 45 years ago. He saw the Famous Five at the peak of their power, stood beside me at the 7-0 game and made sure I knew of the day when we scored 8 against them at ER. I took his picture with me in May 2016 so he was alongside me.

But this calm, warm hearted man used to rant about the blatant bias he saw from the 1920s onwards. I am past getting angry at what happens every time, I just remain glad I support a team I can be proud of, just like many others in the country whose family allegiance is to other teams because of football and nothing else.

Chorley Hibee
11-04-2021, 06:44 PM
Sorry to break this to you, but it ain't changing. Ever.

Pick the fights you can win but other than pointing out that it wasn't a foul in the post match presser, there's nothing Jack Ross can do about that other than potentially find himself in the stand for the next vital fixtures.

Regardless of the outcome, I'd still rather we were vocal about it.

Northernhibee
11-04-2021, 06:48 PM
Regardless of the outcome, I'd still rather we were vocal about it.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely hate that it's the case, but when the outcome is "Rangers win lol" every time, I'd rather we didn't do anything silly and weaken ourselves for the games that we can get a fair crack at. I hate that's the case, but that's what it is.

Smartie
11-04-2021, 07:27 PM

Again, I’m not going to disagree with you here other than to suggest this might be a fight worth picking.

I remember McLeish calling for a strong ref prior to a trip to Parkhead one time - and on that occasion we picked up a draw (my Celtic-supporting mate still goes on about it 20 years later, we were at the game together).

Hibs are being a bit passive. Not saying it would necessarily have worked out differently but it’s not only the OF who can turn up the temperature on referees. We can do it too - tears, snotters and toys oot the pram or in a more cerebral, underhand way if you prefer.

3 game-changing decisions in consecutive games for them against us is a bit much to take lying down for me.

Wheat Hound
11-04-2021, 07:41 PM
Sorry for the link to the Daily Record but...

https://twitter.com/Record_Sport/status/1381305613871878144?s=20

BILLYHIBS
11-04-2021, 07:41 PM
Back in the sixties I thought ‘ this cannae be right surely the authorities the powers that be must see that this is unfair ? ‘

It is now the 2020’s and nothing has changed

PatHead
11-04-2021, 07:54 PM

Alex Ferguson is the only person to ever call them out. When he was Aberdeen manager he always made a point of saying that they needed a strong referee. He then commented afterwards on any decisions. Looking at their record, it worked.

Hibernia&Alba
11-04-2021, 07:56 PM

I'm not sure what you're getting at. There is no bigotry present in this thread.

plhibs
11-04-2021, 07:57 PM
What's most disturbing is the league is done. The Rangers don't need the points, yet still get gifted these ridiculous decisions by refs who cannot help themselves. It's learned behaviour passed down the generations. In the clip, The Rangers players don't even claim for a foul and appear to accept the goal.

Don't forget they want to finish with a 100% home record plus the undefeated league season. That's more than enough reasons to get the usual decisions it'll never change.

Kato
11-04-2021, 08:08 PM
Back in the sixties I thought ‘ this cannae be right surely the authorities the powers that be must see that this is unfair ? ‘

It is now the 2020’s and nothing has changed

I remember being about 12 and my mate shouting "how come that wasn't a penalty" (for Hibs) at a game at ER against the stickies. Auld boy next to us said, "Get used to it son, that has always happened."

48 years ago- I got used to it about 1979 after the Colin Campbell one.

gbhibby
11-04-2021, 09:22 PM
My dad who was a referee told me about the west coast mafia in the refereeing fraternity way back in the 70s.He would point out where the refs were said to come from they would be listed as coming from suburbs of Glasgow or just outside Glasgow. A friend who is a Rangers fan once joked that was done to identify which lodge the were in.
When our refs went on strike and overseas refs officiated the fans were saying we should have more overseas refs as they were so much better than the home grown group.
Hibs should appeal the Boyle booking

PatHead
11-04-2021, 10:27 PM
Richard Forster says Boyle dived, appeals for the penalty and deserved to get booked. He then says Helander was clever and dived to make it look like there was more contact than there was to get the goal disallowed.

Well what is it. Clever or cheating?

Big Marv set him right about Boyle. There can be contact but it doesn't have to be a foul or a booking.

11-04-2021, 10:34 PM
Richard Forster says Boyle dived, appeals for the penalty and deserved to get booked. He then says Helander was clever and dived to make it look like there was more contact than there was to get the goal disallowed.

Big Marv set him right about Boyle. There can be contact but it doesn't have to be a foul or a booking.

Always thought Richard Foster was a bit of a dick. Haven't watched it but from your description it's a total contradiction. Plus Boyle didn't claim for a penalty so he's got that bit wrong.

jacomo
11-04-2021, 10:36 PM

Blatant double standards.

Both players fell over, we got the wrong end of the decision both times.

LeithMike
11-04-2021, 10:52 PM
Is Don Robertson a reincarnation of R H Davidson?Thinking that myself about Stokes' equaliser. Just think if we had another referee that day. The whole system of referees in Scotland is long overdue for a comprehensive overhaul. It is well understood that the system shows bias towards referees from certain areas.

Football results should be determined by the teams not what referee you get.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

matty_f
11-04-2021, 11:14 PM

Just got the rage watching that, absolute nonsense from Foster.

Since90+2
12-04-2021, 05:08 AM

It doesn't work like that. If the first goal is given the entire flow of the game is different so Nisbet doesn't score that goal. Not saying he doesn't score an alternative goal but it's not as simple as saying we'd have got a draw.

Peevemor
12-04-2021, 05:21 AM
It doesn't work like that. If the first goal is given the entire flow of the game is different so Nisbet doesn't score that goal. Not saying he doesn't score an alternative goal but it's not as simple as saying we'd have got a draw.Yup, you have to factor in the space time continuum.

Since452
12-04-2021, 05:48 AM

When Lennon made a **** of himself screaming in linesman's faces and getting sent to the stand did it change anything? Personally I'm glad we don't have to constantly be embarrassed by our managers actions these days

EI255
12-04-2021, 07:03 AM
Should we be surprised?

It's Ibrox.

It's Rangers.

It's Scotland.

It's decades of cheating officials.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Velma Dinkley
12-04-2021, 07:21 AM
How are players able to appear on TV calling opposition players divers? Surely that's bringing the game into disrepte.

Northernhibee
12-04-2021, 07:30 AM
It doesn't work like that. If the first goal is given the entire flow of the game is different so Nisbet doesn't score that goal. Not saying he doesn't score an alternative goal but it's not as simple as saying we'd have got a draw.

Nah, not buying that. Rather than having around ten minutes to find another goal, we have double that. In both instances we're still needing to find a goal so we're not changing our approach.

Rangers may change their approach to some extent, but they tend to play in a particular style so it wouldn't have been that dramatic.

If that first goal is given, IMO we go on to score a second and if we manage to overturn a two goal deficit at Ibrox, there's no way to fully tell what that would do to the psyche of the Rangers players. We were denied a perfectly good opportunity to get something from that game yesterday.

The media reporting of a Boyle "dive" is a disgrace. He didn't claim for it, and although it wasn't a penalty it blatantly wasn't a dive either.

Since90+2
12-04-2021, 07:37 AM
Nah, not buying that. Rather than having around ten minutes to find another goal, we have double that. In both instances we're still needing to find a goal so we're not changing our approach.

Rangers may change their approach to some extent, but they tend to play in a particular style so it wouldn't have been that dramatic.

If that first goal is given, IMO we go on to score a second and if we manage to overturn a two goal deficit at Ibrox, there's no way to fully tell what that would do to the psyche of the Rangers players. We were denied a perfectly good opportunity to get something from that game yesterday.

The media reporting of a Boyle "dive" is a disgrace. He didn't claim for it, and although it wasn't a penalty it blatantly wasn't a dive either.

I'm not disagreeing that we would have had more time to get a second. Very good chance we get it.

You can't simply say though that because the first one was disallowed it would have finished atleast 2-2. If the first goal is given then the match restarts from the centre circle rather than following the path it otherwise did which resulted in Nisbet's header.

CockneyRebel
12-04-2021, 07:40 AM
Yup, you have to factor in the space time continuum.

And the Flux Capacitor! :wink:

Mon Dieu4
12-04-2021, 07:43 AM
The BBC news just spent over a minute getting the views of Mourinho and Solskjaer over a disallowed goal, then it moved on to our game and all it mentions is that Kent scored a good goal

Since452
12-04-2021, 08:15 AM
We lost because Rangers were better than us

Mon Dieu4
12-04-2021, 08:16 AM

So a dodgy decision to rule out a perfectly good goal played no part in that loss?, What a strange statement

hibsbollah
12-04-2021, 08:32 AM
So a dodgy decision to rule out a perfectly good goal played no part in that loss?, What a strange statement

Leaving aside 4 or 5 other decent chances, close misses by Nisbet etc. Watching it for the first time through now, A point was the least we deserved.

JimBHibees
12-04-2021, 08:32 AM

Except they weren't really.

mjhibby
12-04-2021, 08:37 AM
The decisions against us this season when playing Rangers this season have been a joke, its so blatant. Can't clubs start lobbying for non-Scottish refs to take charge whenever the OF play? I'm not suggesting corruption here, just lost all faith in any official coming into any of their games without bringing their bias with them.

Just baffling. I’d love us to get a highly dubious winner in the cup final. I’m dreaming I know but the players must be immensely frustrated at the decisions. Fair play to Porteous for not losing it.

Allant1981
12-04-2021, 08:39 AM

Not really as straight forward as that though was it

Wilson
12-04-2021, 08:40 AM

Not really. We lost because they took their chances and we didn't. I expect our players to be kicking themselves because a point was there for the taking.

We should take the positives out if it though. We look in good shape going into the remaining games.

mjhibby
12-04-2021, 08:40 AM
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely hate that it's the case, but when the outcome is "Rangers win lol" every time, I'd rather w e didn't do anything silly and weaken ourselves for the games that we can get a fair crack at. I hate that's the case, but that's what it is.

I hear that’s just the way it is by Bruce Hornsby right now. Even the whole sport scene team said it was a goal but we have to just at accept it. Absolutely farcical.

Brunswickbill
12-04-2021, 08:44 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. Totally biased opinion from Foster . Also said several times that Rangers were playing at two thirds capacity. Total nonsense. I used to think that he was a reasonable pundit but he was totally out of order last night.

hibsbollah
12-04-2021, 08:46 AM
Exactly what I was thinking. Totally biased opinion from Foster . Also said several times that Rangers were playing at two thirds capacity. Total nonsense. I used to think that he was a reasonable pundit but he was totally out of order last night.

Yep, they won against the 3rd best team in Scotland playing in third gear’ I think he said. Absolute pish, we were on top for a good part of the game.

Killiehibbie
12-04-2021, 08:46 AM

We scored as many legitimate goals as them. We lost because the ref saw an imaginary foul.

BoomtownHibees
12-04-2021, 08:58 AM

Did you watch the game or just the highlights on Sportscene?

monarch
12-04-2021, 09:11 AM
The Sun reported that “Boyle screamed for a penalty” prior to his booking (Sorry unable to link). Must be true as that fine publication always tells the truth. 😉 I must have been hallucinating when watching the recording as I didn’t see any appeal.

Thousands will base their opinion on the lies that rag quotes which then become “Fact”. Therein lies the template for the continued discrediting of Boyle in the media and in the minds of our referees.

JimBHibees
12-04-2021, 09:31 AM
BBC sportscene and sportsound must be delighted they got a booking for Boyle for a non-dive job done.

James70
12-04-2021, 09:39 AM
I didn't watch Sportscene, was there any analysis of Hibs disallowed goal or did they even show it? Whatever, the magnificient Rangers had another glorious win without even exerting themselves too much and that has to be the main thing eh? Compare Sportscene to MOTD and the analysis of Man Utds disallowed goal. Rarely watch coverage of Scottish football nowadays due to the west coast bias.

killie-hibby
12-04-2021, 09:40 AM
Always thought Richard Foster was a bit of a dick. Haven't watched it but from your description it's a total contradiction. Plus Boyle didn't claim for a penalty so he's got that bit wrong.

His parents did give him an appropriate christian name. To be fair to him he would not want to go home and be criticised by his very rich "celebrity" Huns fan wife.

PatHead
12-04-2021, 09:44 AM
I didn't watch Sportscene, was there any analysis of Hibs disallowed goal or did they even show it? Whatever, the magnificient Rangers had another glorious win without even exerting themselves too much and that has to be the main thing eh? Compare Sportscene to MOTD and the analysis of Man Utds disallowed goal. Rarely watch coverage of Scottish football nowadays due to the west coast bias.
They admitted that they could see nothing wrong with the goal. Dick Forster thought the Sevconian did well to make it look like he was pushed by diving. Strange because he thought Boyle deserved a booking for not diving.

BILLYHIBS
12-04-2021, 09:55 AM
They admitted that they could see nothing wrong with the goal. Dick Forster thought the Sevconian did well to make it look like he was pushed by diving. Strange because he thought Boyle deserved a booking for not diving.
That was laughable

basehibby
12-04-2021, 10:11 AM
Bizzare decision by the ref to disallow Porteous' goal. Should have awarded the goal AND booked the defender for a blatant dive.

CentreLine
12-04-2021, 10:34 AM
Bizzare decision by the ref to disallow Porteous' goal. Should have awarded the goal AND booked the defender for a blatant dive.

Hopefully the club, or whoever is responsible, will report the diving git to the compliance officer and action will be taken. If it had happened at the other end and a penalty had won us points the player diving would have received a substantial ban. So why not the diving defender who probably save his club points and denied us those points?

ancient hibee
12-04-2021, 11:22 AM
Presumably we will appeal Boyle's booking.

mal
12-04-2021, 11:44 AM
Presumably we will appeal Boyle's booking.

I'm not sure if such an appeal is even allowed but it would be pointless anyway. There's nothing in the footage that proves that Boyle did not simulate so the ref's original decision would stand.

silverhibee
12-04-2021, 12:23 PM

He should be raging with the decision and point out that has been two shocking decisions from refs in our last two games against Rangers, refs will see him as a soft touch and know they won't get a mouthful from our manager when things go against us, it's a pity we can't appeal Boyles yellow card, the ref was desperate to get the yellow out, you know from that point the ref will give us nothing.

Northernhibee
12-04-2021, 12:30 PM
He should be raging with the decision and point out that has been two shocking decisions from refs in our last two games against Rangers, refs will see him as a soft touch and know they won't get a mouthful from our manager when things go against us, it's a pity we can't appeal Boyles yellow card, the ref was desperate to get the yellow out, you know from that point the ref will give us nothing.

Refs know that they can send any manager to the stand for mouthing off as they're not going to get picked up on it from the media or the authorities. He'd just be giving them an excuse to do so.

CockneyRebel
12-04-2021, 02:34 PM

I thought you could appeal a yellow if it was for simulation....sure the Huns did that recently?

hibbysam
12-04-2021, 02:55 PM
I thought you could appeal a yellow if it was for simulation....sure the Huns did that recently?

You can and if it hasn’t been lodged already I’ll be severely disappointed. After the Ajeti one it’s clear that any single touch gets you off with simulation.

Monts
12-04-2021, 03:14 PM
Anyone got a link to the Boyle incident?

Joe6-2
12-04-2021, 03:19 PM

I’ve said this a hundred times, it makes me so angry, I’m totally bewildered as to why we don’t.
So don’t hold your breath

Northernhibee
12-04-2021, 03:19 PM
I'm not disagreeing that we would have had more time to get a second. Very good chance we get it.

You can't simply say though that because the first one was disallowed it would have finished atleast 2-2. If the first goal is given then the match restarts from the centre circle rather than following the path it otherwise did which resulted in Nisbet's header.

Similarly you couldn't also rule out that a goal at 70 or so minutes gives us enough motivation to score more than the one we did through Nisbet, maybe the game would have changed further in our favour.

Going from how we reacted, if the Porteous goal was allowed I'm certain we'd have gone on to score another, and there would potentially have been time for a third.

Since90+2
12-04-2021, 03:30 PM
Similarly you couldn't also rule out that a goal at 70 or so minutes gives us enough motivation to score more than the one we did through Nisbet, maybe the game would have changed further in our favour.

Going from how we reacted, if the Porteous goal was allowed I'm certain we'd have gone on to score another, and there would potentially have been time for a third.

I know, I'm not disagreeing with you. If the first goal is given we have a far better chance of getting atleast a point.

My point is you can't just use the logic that we had 1 goal disallowed that should have stood so that automatically means we'd have got a point if it's given.

Football doesn't work like that.

Real Emerald
12-04-2021, 03:40 PM
I know, I'm not disagreeing with you. If the first goal is given we have a far better chance of getting atleast a point.

My point is you can't just use the logic that we had 1 goal disallowed that should have stood so that automatically means we'd have got a point if it's given.

Football doesn't work like that.

One thing is for sure, if Morelos had been correctly red carded he definitely couldn’t have scored the winner in the previous game. All the what ifs are always stacked in their favour. If Rangers had that goal disallowed can you imagine the song and dance Gerrad would have made. Of course, it wouldn’t have been disallowed in the first place if they’d scored it. We, as a club accept this constant bias without any fuss.

Since90+2
12-04-2021, 03:50 PM
One thing is for sure, if Morelos had been correctly red carded he definitely couldn’t have scored the winner in the previous game. All the what ifs are always stacked in their favour. If Rangers had that goal disallowed can you imagine the song and dance Gerrad would have made. Of course, it wouldn’t have been disallowed in the first place if they’d scored it. We, as a club accept this constant bias without any fuss.

Yip. Agreed.

If that was Celtic,Aberdeen or Hearts on the wrong end of another bad decision against Sevco they don't let it go quietly.

PatHead
12-04-2021, 03:59 PM

Surprised that Nisbet's goal wasn't disallowed for putting it too far away from their goalie.

Franck Stanton
12-04-2021, 04:24 PM
​
A lot has been said/ written about Boylers supposed dive. ( wasn't a dive as hun defender did make contact with Boyles left leg, admittedly he did go down softly but, there was contact, he didn't claim for a penalty either). What about the blatant dive by Hagi ? Nothing said/ written/mentioned anywhere. No highlight of it on Hunscene last night either. Once again they get away with murder.

Velma Dinkley
12-04-2021, 05:33 PM
Having seen the replay of our disallowed goal a bunch of times it appears that the Sevco player took a dive because he thought he felt contact from a Hibs player and wanted a freekick. It just so happens that the contact was from his team mate, not that it mattered to the ref.

gbhibby
12-04-2021, 05:44 PM
Surprised that Nisbet's goal wasn't disallowed for putting it too far away from their goalie.
What about McGregor when the corner was given against them, the language directed at the ref and his own team mates was appalling. Was that the first time against us that he did not wear his full orange outfit.

Badabing
12-04-2021, 06:01 PM
Just watched the sky highlights and unsurprisingly the Porteous goal did not feature. The longer this type of bias towards the cheeks continues the less interested I become in football. SFA, SPFL and Sky Pukka Boyd et al don’t even try and hide it any more.

Killiehibbie
12-04-2021, 06:07 PM
Just watched the sky highlights and unsurprisingly the Porteous goal did not feature. The longer this type of bias towards the cheeks continues the less interested I become in football. SFA, SPFL and Sky Pukka Boyd et al don’t even try and hide it any more.

it should be mentioned at every opportunity because when it's just accepted without comment that's time to give up completely.

jeffers
12-04-2021, 06:18 PM
Obviously it wouldn’t have impacted the result but I’d liked to have seen JR make a big deal about yesterday’s disallowed goal and the decisions in the previous games against the Huns this season. You can be guaranteed if it had been a Rangers goal chalked off for hee haw Gerrard would have been all over it.

Make an issue of these things and maybe, just maybe the next time we get a referee who does his job properly.

JimBHibees
12-04-2021, 08:45 PM
Obviously it wouldn’t have impacted the result but I’d liked to have seen JR make a big deal about yesterday’s disallowed goal and the decisions in the previous games against the Huns this season. You can be guaranteed if it had been a Rangers goal chalked off for hee haw Gerrard would have been all over it.

Make an issue of these things and maybe, just maybe the next time we get a referee who does his job properly.

Agree if we continue to say nothing, nothing will change. We have now been done over the last three times so whatever we are doing clearly isn't working.

Brunswickbill
13-04-2021, 08:06 AM
On Boylers yellow card, if it’s not a penalty then it’s obstruction.
“ 'Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the path of the opponent to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction by an opponent when the ball is not within playing distance of either player. ' The penalty for impeding remains an indirect free-kick.”

hibsbollah
13-04-2021, 08:24 AM
On Boylers yellow card, if it’s not a penalty then it’s obstruction.
“ 'Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the path of the opponent to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction by an opponent when the ball is not within playing distance of either player. ' The penalty for impeding remains an indirect free-kick.”

Sorry but there’s no way on earth that’s a penalty, regardless of wording. You could use that definition and blow for a foul every 90 seconds