PDA

View Full Version : Hearts back in the big league

Weegreenman
11-04-2021, 02:53 PM
I’ve heard the so called big team won promotion after their humiliation against Brora Rangers.

Apparently all is not well down Gorgie Way though, with Robbie Neilson under pressure from a certain section of their supporters.
The big teamers not happy with the style of play and quality of player on show.
Which begs the question, how bad must they be now compared to the Levein days?

Anyhoo, welcome back to the big time and I can’t wait until our paths cross once again!

11-04-2021, 03:08 PM
They know Neilson isn't the man for the job of managing them in the Premiership and want him out now. Unfortunately for them they're stuck with him for at least the start of next season meaning they'll also be stuck with his squad overhaul as well. More of their money to be p*ssed down the drain as per usual.

WeeRussell
11-04-2021, 03:09 PM
History tells me I should keep quiet until after we actually play them. Seen this ‘hearts struggling and us going well’ scenario all too often.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2021, 03:14 PM
Wish they were still in the lower division

Onion
11-04-2021, 04:13 PM
History tells me I should keep quiet until after we actually play them. Seen this ‘hearts struggling and us going well’ scenario all too often.

No question, we've benefitted more than them from being in different leagues :wink:

11-04-2021, 08:33 PM
Their 2021/2022 season will be defined by where they are in comparison to us. I'm looking forward to more Plaza protests and messages on bedsheets at Budge's house when they are trailing us.

IberianHibernian
11-04-2021, 09:02 PM
They know Neilson isn't the man for the job of managing them in the Premiership and want him out now. Unfortunately for them they're stuck with him for at least the start of next season meaning they'll also be stuck with his squad overhaul as well. More of their money to be p*ssed down the drain as per usual.Did they not do well with same manager the last time they returned to top division ? Well in results anyway . No idea about style of play since I didn`t see any of their matches that year except cup matches against us . I know they had no Hibs or Rangers in top league and had a young team which had been playing together in relegation season whereas this time they`ll probably have half this year`s squad plus new signings . Their season will finish several weeks before top league so their players will get a proper rest and they`ll have more time to prepare season . In 2013 , we played the cup final right at the end of May and played a friendly against Dumbarton less than a month later before playing friendlies in Gibraltar and Portugal before Malmo matches . Although Fenlon left us in a comfortable league position and disaster started with Butcher in charge I`m sure short close season played a part too .

greenginger
12-04-2021, 11:00 AM
I noticed Mrs Budge resigned as a director of the Big Hearts Community Trust last week.

Maybe preparing for the big handover of The Jambo Empire to the committee of committees of FoH.

Stuart93
12-04-2021, 11:20 AM
I noticed Mrs Budge resigned as a director of the Big Hearts Community Trust last week.

Maybe preparing for the big handover of The Jambo Empire to the committee of committees of FoH.

Probably bad news tbh, I’d much rather budge in charge for a very long time

flash
12-04-2021, 11:29 AM
Notice there is now a fan led campaign to leave the Championship trophy on the pedestal.
That will show em!

12-04-2021, 11:32 AM
Notice there is now a fan led campaign to leave the Championship trophy on the pedestal.
That will show em!

Just saw that too. Will they ever stop squealing about it? 😂

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-fans-call-for-trophy-boycott-with-tynecastle-date-set-for-championship-presentation-3196913?amp

Bostonhibby
12-04-2021, 11:34 AM
That will show em!Maybe they should donate it to the above mentioned charity that they stiffed?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

mal
12-04-2021, 11:35 AM
A few weeks ago Mikey Stewart and another BBC pundit were arguing about how Hearts will do next season. The other guy (maybe Preston or Dodds) reckoned they'd be in relegation bother again. Stewart insisted they wouldn't and cited several squad "improvements" they'd made since their long spell as the worst team in the top division: Gordon (fair enough), GMS (utter pish according to just about everyone), and Kingsley (somehow forgetting that he replaced a player who had performed well enough to get a big money transfer to Serie A). Hearts need to spend big at the same time that Aberdeen will be in the market for players at about the same level. I have high hopes that there will be much schadenfreude to be had next season.

jacomo
12-04-2021, 12:33 PM
Just saw that too. Will they ever stop squealing about it? 😂

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-fans-call-for-trophy-boycott-with-tynecastle-date-set-for-championship-presentation-3196913?amp

:faf:

Still so bitter!

JeMeSouviens
12-04-2021, 12:43 PM
Robbie - "We've taken a bit of flak, so it's good to get back to winning ways. There'll be a few pundits that aren't happy tonight so it's good to ram it down their throat."

Yeah, take that critics, we beat Alloa! :rolleyes:

12-04-2021, 12:46 PM

Still so bitter!

There are now 2 Gorgie Farms, one on either side of Gorgie Road. We thought the damage to their £1m pitch was caused by a concert but it was really because of all the squealers grazing and trampling it with their trotters. 🐖

12-04-2021, 12:49 PM
A few weeks ago Mikey Stewart and another BBC pundit were arguing about how Hearts will do next season. The other guy (maybe Preston or Dodds) reckoned they'd be in relegation bother again. Stewart insisted they wouldn't and cited several squad "improvements" they'd made since their long spell as the worst team in the top division: Gordon (fair enough), GMS (utter pish according to just about everyone), and Kingsley (somehow forgetting that he replaced a player who had performed well enough to get a big money transfer to Serie A). Hearts need to spend big at the same time that Aberdeen will be in the market for players at about the same level. I have high hopes that there will be much schadenfreude to be had next season.

Looking forward to how they explain away any players coming to us that they were also after.

Good to hear the cheatin' bassa GMS is p*sh. He'll probably still score against us mind you.

Oscar T Grouch
12-04-2021, 12:52 PM
It would be a dream if, when they come back up they really struggle and get relegated again, nae excuses this time, just straight back down to the championship. I would be laughing for a year if that happened! I don't understand how they are so bitter, they voted to end the season early and just because the outcome wasn't what they expected it is everyone else's fault for them getting relegated and had nothing to do with them being bottom of the table with 4 wins all year.

Wilson
12-04-2021, 01:07 PM
That will show em!

They really are clueless.

There is no great sense of injustice anywhere outside of Tynecastle. No sympathy for them. Nobody cares.

The worst team got relegated and, to be fair, the best team got promoted. That is the case and will still be the case and their empty gesture - I notice they are happy to accept the promotion spot and refer to themselves as champions - will do nothing to change that.

GreenCastle
12-04-2021, 01:10 PM
They should count themselves lucky they played a shortened season in the worst Championship for years.

Don't forget the fantastic season they have had....narrow defeats from...Alloa, Raith, Dundee, Dunfermline, Queen of the South and the greatest Scottish Cup upset ever Brora Rangers - will never forget that one :faf::faf:

Kato
12-04-2021, 01:10 PM

Still so bitter!

I wonder if they will boycott the prize money?

GreenCastle
12-04-2021, 01:23 PM
I wonder if they will boycott the prize money?

I think they boycotted the League Cup (Alloa) and Scottish Cup (Brora) prize money.

Only fair they let part time teams have their fair share as they see the greater good for Scottish football. :greengrin

Cod Boy
12-04-2021, 01:25 PM
Maybe give the league prize money to Inverness they like to give them cash.

Since452
12-04-2021, 02:05 PM
Wont be long until their next promotion. Edinburgh's yoyo club.

McSwanky
12-04-2021, 02:20 PM
Strange bunch.

12-04-2021, 02:32 PM
Stick them in the Highland League and give Brora their place.

Kato
12-04-2021, 02:37 PM
Strange bunch.

Anag:.

**** branches

Green Cabbage 7
12-04-2021, 05:38 PM
Is this a welcome back to the yo-yo club?

Allez Hibs
12-04-2021, 06:01 PM
How many points we taking off them next season then?

Big_Franck
12-04-2021, 06:02 PM
Is this a welcome back to the yo-yo club?

Yeah, they are back up again it seems. I think they'll struggle again next season, yet another relegation battle awaits them.

WoreTheGreen
12-04-2021, 06:13 PM
US masters winner-green jacket
Currie bowling club best turned out rover- maroon blazer
Just a observation

Green Cabbage 7
12-04-2021, 06:24 PM
Yeah, they are back up again it seems. I think they'll struggle again next season, yet another relegation battle awaits them.

How did that happen? Did they cut the season short to get them up?

Aldo
12-04-2021, 06:57 PM

They’ll be bankrolled and will bring in a plethora of players (they’ve brought in on average about 14 every season since budge took over) and I expect them to pay big wages to try and gazump ourselves and Aberdeen to players! Shouting very loud from the rooftops about it as they go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
12-04-2021, 07:45 PM
I think they boycotted the League Cup (Alloa) and Scottish Cup (Brora) prize money.

Only fair they let part time teams have their fair share as they see the greater good for Scottish football. :greengrin

Well many of their fans did want to go ruin some of the ‘smaller teams’ in Scotland for some reason didn’t they? Largely by not turning up and giving them their famously huge crowd gate money - perhaps with no fans being allowed at games, the jambogical thing to do was to not have the team turn up at some of these grounds instead.

Hibernia&Alba
12-04-2021, 08:54 PM
How many points we taking off them next season then?

If we put in our usual derby performances, probably one. However crap they are, their players always seem to care more about the derby.

Lancs Harp
12-04-2021, 09:08 PM
I've heard the SFA are considering automatically relegating the bottom two to make extra room to accommodate Hearts.

Since452
13-04-2021, 05:28 AM
If we put in our usual derby performances, probably one. However crap they are, their players always seem to care more about the derby.

Yup. It's the reason they always finish well below us. They only care about beating Hibs. They take their eye off the ball against everyone else.