PDA

View Full Version : Team/Predictions v Rangers

Unseen work
10-04-2021, 08:43 PM
Coming off the back of a very good game last week, especially the second half will we see any changes for Rangers tomorrow?

I think you’d be struggling to justify making any changes but Cadden at right wing back is probably better suited to Boyle against Rangers however I can’t see any outcome that would result in Cadden starting. Marciano likely to come back in.

One change is like to see is a back 3 of Porteous, McGregor and Hanlon. I think Porto would do well in that role and gives him a bit more protection having Daz there, McGinns form has dipped too but can’t see him being dropped.

.....................Marciano............

.......McGinn.....Porteous....Hanlon....

Boyle.......Gogic........Newell.......Doig.....

........................Irvine.......

...............Nisbet..........Doidge......

I’m actually really looking forward to this game tomorrow.

Doig seems to do well against Rangers and they struggled to deal with his direct and aggressive runs. Doidge has hit his scoring streak and Boyle is in really good form with Nisbet looking more like himself.

It’s a bit of a free hit tomorrow in the sense that no one has got anything offf them and no one will expect us to.

For some reason I really fancy us getting a win.

ekhibee
10-04-2021, 08:49 PM
3-0 Rangers.

one day maybe...
10-04-2021, 08:56 PM
For me its got to be:

Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig

Boyle
Newell
Gogic
Irvine
Cadden

Doidge

Compact when defending and pace to attack.

Biggest thing for me is not to lose heavily..

SJNB Hibby
10-04-2021, 09:03 PM
For me its got to be:

Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig

Boyle
Newell
Gogic
Irvine
Cadden

Doidge

Compact when defending and pace to attack.

Biggest thing for me is not to lose heavily..

Losing by 1 goal isn't the end of the world
Makes it even more difficult for them to overcome the goal difference

Jones28
10-04-2021, 09:14 PM
Can’t see anything other than a pumping tbh. I live in hope, and will wear my shirt tomorrow regardless.

kaimendhibs
3-0 Rangers.Thats the spirit

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
Can’t see anything other than a pumping tbh. I live in hope, and will wear my shirt tomorrow regardless.[emoji85][emoji85]

Jones28
10-04-2021, 09:18 PM
[emoji85][emoji85]

I know I know.

If you see me tomorrow give me a wave and a slap 😂😂

kaimendhibs
10-04-2021, 09:42 PM
I know I know.

If you see me tomorrow give me a wave and a slap [emoji23][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

hibeedonald
10-04-2021, 09:53 PM
2-0 rangers

Lancs Harp
10-04-2021, 09:57 PM
Its a free hit, go for it lads. Its the same for all of us bar Celtic in the run it. Get anything tomorrow is a massive plus, were more likely being the third best team in the country than Aberdeen are of getting anything out of Rangers.

Nicho87
10-04-2021, 09:59 PM
I’d just want to see Ross have a go. Attack them I think we show teams to much respect at times.

1-1 heart
1-0 head

BegbieHSC
10-04-2021, 10:26 PM
1-3 Hibernian.

Got a good feeling about this one.

B.H.F.C
11-04-2021, 07:53 AM
Can see it being a tight game again.

We’ve done all right against them the last couple of times against them without really doing enough. The point we did get from them was our best performance of the season for me in terms of the way we approached it. More of that and we can get something.

J-C
11-04-2021, 07:59 AM
It depends if Rangers take their foot off the pedal seeing as they've wrapped up the title already, we've actually done not too bad against them this season a draw and two 1-0 loses but we need to be up for it from the get go we cannot have our usual 1st 30 mins sluggish half.

Do we go 2 up top and have a go or do we keep it tight and hit on the break, I'd rather we had a go and if we lose we lose.

Dr What If?
11-04-2021, 08:11 AM
We were robbed last couple of games against Rangers, help from officials is way past 'conspiracy theory' when it comes to games against this lot. Last couple of games we were playing against a team chasing what was for them a quite significant title, now that is in the bag I'm hoping that will help the ref officiate with unbiased judgement.....if that happens and we play as well as we have done against them all season then there is every chance of a point or three.
Not predicting a win btw, they are a good side playing with a lot of confidence....2-1 them would be my guess. We will get our chances though and if we do lose I predict a fair few of us will be moaning about missed opportunities.

Sir David Gray
11-04-2021, 08:29 AM
2-0 huns

FilipinoHibs
11-04-2021, 08:54 AM
1-1 against the currant buns

LancsHibs
11-04-2021, 09:02 AM
Got a confident feeling about today. Was so pleased that Celtc didn’t win when they played as I have a feeling we will be the only team to take 3 points off the Huns. 2-1 Hibs:flag:

JammyDoidger
11-04-2021, 09:04 AM
Today could be the day the rangers unbeaten run ends, we are certainly capable and deserve a bit luck against them tbh, keep the faith.

Wilson
11-04-2021, 09:06 AM
2-0 huns

Even that would be disappointing. Our recent games against then were closer games. 1-0s and 1-1s.

I think we need this more than them so I hope we'll take something from the game.

JimBHibees
11-04-2021, 09:18 AM
Think we will get something out of this game however will need to defend well and not give any soft goals away. Thought we were excellent on Boxing Day and definitely were done over decision wise.

Allant1981
11-04-2021, 09:24 AM
Don't think he will be I'd go with a back. 4 today rather than the usual 3

Marciano
Mcginn
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Stevenson
Irvine
Gogic
Newell
Boyle
Doidge
Nisbet

Viva_Palmeiras
11-04-2021, 09:28 AM
1-1

Hibby Kay-Yay
11-04-2021, 09:28 AM
It depends if Rangers take their foot off the pedal seeing as they've wrapped up the title already, we've actually done not too bad against them this season a draw and two 1-0 loses but we need to be up for it from the get go we cannot have our usual 1st 30 mins sluggish half.

Do we go 2 up top and have a go or do we keep it tight and hit on the break, I'd rather we had a go and if we lose we lose.

They’ll want to finish the season as invincibles. Plenty motivation for them.

We’re good away from home, I’m going for a nice familiar 2-3 win for us.

Highwayman
11-04-2021, 09:29 AM
Only change I see from Monday is Marciano for Macey.
If we want to get anything from this game we can’t tolerate any passengers.
On Monday night we had to wait until the second half before we got any positive contributions from Irvine,Newell and Doig.
The currant buns unlike QOTS won’t be so tolerant and punish us accordingly.
Surely today someone has to get on the end of one of Josh Doigs crosses.There was a great low cross on Monday night which should have been put away.
If Kevin Nisbet wants his big money move in the summer he has to start scoring consistently.
So two from him and one from big Doidge with the door locked at the other end we be much appreciated.

Jim44
11-04-2021, 09:36 AM
1-1 Morelos sent off for stamping.

lord bunberry
11-04-2021, 09:53 AM
Celtic winning 6-0 yesterday won’t have gone unnoticed at ibrox. That game next week is absolutely huge for both teams and could mean the hun resting a few of their players for this game, it’s probably a good time to be playing them. 3-2 hibs.

Frazerbob
11-04-2021, 10:13 AM
Hibs are now 4/1, in from 8/1 yesterday. Why?

JammyDoidger
11-04-2021, 10:34 AM
Rangers still not had a penalty against them all season?

Colr
11-04-2021, 10:38 AM
4-1 Rangers

With the deputy head of their tribe dying, they will want to win it for the gipper.

Jim44
11-04-2021, 10:43 AM
Rangers still not had a penalty against them all season?

......... just what you would expect from a club with the highest standards of fair play, defensive excellence and scrupulous morals. :greengrin

Lancs Harp
11-04-2021, 10:44 AM
4-1 Rangers

With the deputy head of their tribe dying, they will want to win it for the gipper.

Likely to be a an hour or twos delay for kick off time to allow for the commemoration events Rangers have lined up.

21 gun salute
Tribute pop concert
RAF fly over
10 minutes silence
10 minutes applause
kick off

Onion
11-04-2021, 10:54 AM
1-2 Hibs. Have a good feeling about today.

Smartie
11-04-2021, 11:02 AM
I thought Magennis looked pretty lively when he went on the other night.

This might be a decent game to give him a proper chance to show what he can do.

Hope rather than expectation. I've never been as convinced by Rangers as so many others have, and I'm not convinced about how well they might have coped with any adversity that might have come their way as Celtic and others have generally made it easy for them. They have done very well at going in front in games then staying there though, so I guess some credit is due.

And I've ever been all that convinced by us at any point either, although the second half of our most recent game has probably been the best I've seen us play for a long time.

We'll probably lose by 1 or 2, but nothing would surprise me tbh.

Eyrie
11-04-2021, 11:23 AM
I'm a realist, so my prediction is we lose 2-0.

And this counts for the Predictions thread if I don't make it back in time.

Fergus52
11-04-2021, 11:36 AM
Same team as last week for me, but with cadden in for nisbet.

Wee bit more solid defensively than Boyle for right wing back, and would let us stick Boyle up front to use his pace to get in behind on the counter attack.

Hibs90
11-04-2021, 11:53 AM
2-1 Sevco

Since452
11-04-2021, 11:57 AM
2-1 Sevco

Af ffs Ross. Negative pish as usual. Yet another big game he's bottled

Unseen work
11-04-2021, 12:04 PM
I thought Magennis looked pretty lively when he went on the other night.

This might be a decent game to give him a proper chance to show what he can do.

Hope rather than expectation. I've never been as convinced by Rangers as so many others have, and I'm not convinced about how well they might have coped with any adversity that might have come their way as Celtic and others have generally made it easy for them. They have done very well at going in front in games then staying there though, so I guess some credit is due.

And I've ever been all that convinced by us at any point either, although the second half of our most recent game has probably been the best I've seen us play for a long time.

We'll probably lose by 1 or 2, but nothing would surprise me tbh.

Agree about Magennis, he looked right up for it and very sharp.

Jack Ross was singing his praises massively in the interview on Friday and saying he has looked excellent in training the past couple of weeks.

Think we’ll see him have a good run out today

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-04-2021, 12:11 PM
I am just looking for a performance today. It's not being defeatist to expect no points against the OF. Being defeatist is accepting not showing up. If we take to the pitch and give everything from the first whistle to the last, that will do for me.

erin go bragh
11-04-2021, 12:25 PM
We were the first team to score a goal against them and i fancy us to be the first team to beat them ( League) 0-3

Since452
11-04-2021, 12:33 PM
I'm realistic enough to assume we'll lose the game. I'd be delighted with a point.

Unseen work
11-04-2021, 12:40 PM
Deary me.

I hope all the people saying lose 3-0 etc aren’t the same ones that after the game will complain about the score, the players not having enough belief and just bending over for them.

I think Ross and the players will be right up for this one and get a result.

Ronniekirk
11-04-2021, 12:46 PM
Deary me.

I hope all the people saying lose 3-0 etc aren’t the same ones that after the game will complain about the score, the players not having enough belief and just bending over for them.

Joe Newell to run midfield , Irvine to get first goal and Doidge to continue his Purple patch All The Rangers fans raving they must sign Josh Doig after his best performance of the season Snd Boyle to be here there and everywhere causing problems
Entertaining 2 2 Draw in the Sun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
11-04-2021, 01:23 PM
Deary me.

You can be a supporter and not fancy us to get something away to the runaway league winners. You said yourself in the OP that no one expects us to win, and now you’re taking issue because a few hibs fans don’t expect us to either?

Would you sooner everyone lied and said they expect us to win 3-0 when making predictions?

If we can get anything from today I’ll be very happy.