PDA

View Full Version : Shortbangers 32 /Longbangers AGM special

matty_f
08-04-2021, 10:36 PM
Shortbangers 32 is available now, more of the usual guff from me and John.

Recast:
https://share.recast.app/v/5wOoK?referrer=5mW18

iTunes:
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/longbangers/id1474463560#episodeGuid=6bb0597c-1d71-48ae-af7e-e2d53aaee55e

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/5wpZ5wBRModqMBwKhjWdcB?si=9CCloPcFRkmYcUmkakxhUQ

Anchor:
https://anchor.fm/longbangers/episodes/Shortbangers-32-eugs49

YouTube:
https://youtu.be/9ByHVfCsPsg

We also recorded an AGM special, available on Recast only - Hibs earn from your views of any Longbangers content on Recast.

https://share.recast.app/v/5pMEo?referrer=5mW18

Oscar T Grouch
09-04-2021, 08:41 AM
Matty, not sure if you can help. I have tried to access Recast a number of times and all I get when I click on the sign up button is a blank screen. I have tried through the link on the original Hibs article about recast and I have tried through a few of your links too but with the same issue. Now I can watch shortbangers on your link above but I assume that will not get any contribution toward Hibs because I am not logged into the app. I am an Apple user and wonder if that is the issue. The app is in beta but it is not available through the App store and like I said every link I press to sign up gives nothing but a blank screen, I cannot even find a way to report it to the developers as the only options I am given is to sign in or to sign up (I also tried the sign in button and get the same blank screen). Any ideas? Thanks.

jacomo
09-04-2021, 08:44 AM
Matty, not sure if you can help. I have tried to access Recast a number of times and all I get when I click on the sign up button is a blank screen. I have tried through the link on the original Hibs article about recast and I have tried through a few of your links too but with the same issue. Now I can watch shortbangers on your link above but I assume that will not get any contribution toward Hibs because I am not logged into the app. I am an Apple user and wonder if that is the issue. The app is in beta but it is not available through the App store and like I said every link I press to sign up gives nothing but a blank screen, I cannot even find a way to report it to the developers as the only options I am given is to sign in or to sign up (I also tried the sign in button and get the same blank screen). Any ideas? Thanks.

Having the exact same issue.

Will try again on a laptop but not ideal. I’d have thought platforms like Recast are designed to be mobile first.

matty_f
09-04-2021, 09:17 AM
I got the same, I’ll email them just now - think they updated something last night and it’s caused an issue.

Peevemor
09-04-2021, 09:20 AM
I got the same, I’ll email them just now - think they updated something last night and it’s caused an issue.

So you can't answer a question about why people can't watch a podcast where you pride yourself in answering all questions posed? What's that all about then?

Oscar T Grouch
09-04-2021, 09:29 AM
Having the exact same issue.

Will try again on a laptop but not ideal. I’d have thought platforms like Recast are designed to be mobile first.

Yeah, the way the founder guy Meikle was talking about it, it is a mobile app

Thanks Matty, hopefully it is just a wee glitch that is easily sorted.

matty_f
09-04-2021, 09:30 AM
Got this back from Recast:

Hey guys, we've had a small technical issue on the app this morning and it's not working for some users. Just to let you know, if there are any issues you can quit and restart the app and it should be fine. If not then folks should email [email protected] and we'll sort it out for them! Thanks!

matty_f
09-04-2021, 09:31 AM
So you can't answer a question about why people can't watch a podcast where you pride yourself in answering all questions posed? What's that all about then?

I think it’s long since been established that I’m an idiot, Peeve and should not be taken seriously at any point.

matty_f
09-04-2021, 09:32 AM
I’ve just closed and re-opened the app and is working fine now.

Oscar T Grouch
09-04-2021, 09:34 AM
Got this back from Recast:

I can't even find the app to download never mind close and open it, it isn't on app store and like I said whenever I look via a browser I get a blank screen. I will email them but not ideal if they are looking for people to use this platform and they can't find it or login to it. THanks for the info though Matty. This all may be down to my own stupidity.

matty_f
09-04-2021, 09:44 AM
I can't even find the app to download never mind close and open it, it isn't on app store and like I said whenever I look via a browser I get a blank screen. I will email them but not ideal if they are looking for people to use this platform and they can't find it or login to it. THanks for the info though Matty. This all may be down to my own stupidity.
I’ll PM you - you can get it as an app from the web page.

matty_f
09-04-2021, 09:47 AM
If you’re using iphone, go to the Recast home page on Safari, then press the share button at the bottom of your phone (the rectangle with an arrow pointing up).

From the options there, you will see one that says “add to Home Screen”.

Press that, and then you’ll have the icon (and app) on
your phone.

If you’re on Android, i believe the steps are virtually the same.

Danderhall Hibs
09-04-2021, 09:59 AM
I’ve just closed and re-opened the app and is working fine now.

Same here - didn’t realise you could add this to your Home Screen.

Is there a way to hide the picture and just listen?

LongJohnBanger
09-04-2021, 10:00 AM

Shut your eyes

matty_f
09-04-2021, 10:18 AM

Get a black permanent marker and cover the screen in the ink.

Buy a bottle of Tipp-ex for when you want to watch stuff again.

Danderhall Hibs
09-04-2021, 10:42 AM
Shut your eyes

:hilarious