PDA

View Full Version : Douglas Ross

hibby rae
08-04-2021, 07:59 AM
Not to start a political thread 😜

Just wanted to share this.

"Hampden has hosted the Champions League final – I went to that with my dad. Massimo Busacca was the referee.

“That’s what I remember about it. He’s now one of the heads of FIFA refereeing.”

He doesn't remember the Zidane goal. He remembers the referee.

Bet he's fun at parties.

nonshinyfinish
08-04-2021, 08:03 AM

"Hampden has hosted the Champions League final – I went to that with my dad. Massimo Busacca was the referee.

“That’s what I remember about it. He’s now one of the heads of FIFA refereeing.”

Bet he's fun at parties.

He remembers the goal, but thought it should have been disallowed and Zidane booked for a high foot.

Lendo
08-04-2021, 08:05 AM
Can picture him in the stand shouting "penalty to Rangers" every time the ref blew his whistle.

hibby rae
08-04-2021, 08:07 AM
He remembers the goal, but thought it should have been disallowed and Zidane booked for a high foot.

He would have booked Pele for dangerous play in Escape to Victory.

Mick O'Rourke
08-04-2021, 08:17 AM
His heroine ,Thatcher the Milk Snatcher ,attended the 1988 Scottish Cup Final at Hampden.
Celtic v Dundee United.
As she took her seat beside the suits and bodyguards, thousands of red cards. were raised around the ground by both sets of fans who gave a rousing renditition of a traditional Maggie welcome of the time;

" You can stick your e**in poll tax up yer er*e"

FAO Douglas.
George Smith was the referee. and Celtic won 2-1.
Att. 74.000

Future17
08-04-2021, 09:28 AM

Bet he's fun at parties.

Busacca wasn't even the ref, he was the fourth official. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
08-04-2021, 09:32 AM

In much the same way, Murray'll probably look back on 2021 and remember himself as being leader of the Scottish Tories.

brog
08-04-2021, 09:37 AM
I'm still genuinely baffled as to how he gave offside for our "goal" at Elgin. Mind you how the SFA could appoint the MP for the constituency to run the line for the game is also beyond belief. Still, just to prove it wasn't a fluke, the lino at the St M game soon after came up with another shocker!

Since452
08-04-2021, 09:40 AM
He's got Hearts written all over him. One of the most unlikable folk out there

hibby rae
08-04-2021, 09:45 AM
I'm still genuinely baffled as to how he gave offside for our "goal" at Elgin. Mind you how the SFA could appoint the MP for the constituency to run the line for the game is also beyond belief. Still, just to prove it wasn't a fluke, the lino at the St M game soon after came up with another shocker!

Is this not the game where four men have been accused of gambling offences?

Now I'm not saying Ross also was involved and should be investigated.... 😉😉😉

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2021, 12:02 PM

:hilarious neither he was - he needs to learn how to use google better!

Keith_M
08-04-2021, 12:09 PM
Are Douglas Ross and Jack Ross related?

:dunno:

:duck:

Lago
08-04-2021, 12:15 PM

Bet he's fun at parties.
Difficult I know but you've managed to start a political thread. 🤷*♀️

H18 SFR
08-04-2021, 12:26 PM

Bet he's fun at parties.

I’m not a Tory in any way shape or form but the guy is a FIFA assistant referee - officiating is clearly a passion for him, of course he’s going to remember the referee.

My colleague is a steam train fan, he remembers some stinking locomotive he saw 20 years ago. It’s his passion.

Neither are a surprise.

CropleyWasGod
08-04-2021, 12:44 PM
I’m not a Tory in any way shape or form but the guy is a FIFA assistant referee - officiating is clearly a passion for him, of course he’s going to remember the referee.

My colleague is a steam train fan, he remembers some stinking locomotive he saw 20 years ago. It’s his passion.

Neither are a surprise.

...except that he didn't remember the actual referee 😆

Peevemor
08-04-2021, 12:46 PM

...which makes his story a bit crap.

nonshinyfinish

Yep. I'm not going to mock anyone for having niche interests, but it seems what we have here is the equivalent of a trainspotter who writes down the wrong numbers.

Glory Lurker
Hearts first offside goal in the money-spinning replay....

Blackfordhibby
08-04-2021, 12:55 PM
He remembers Busacca being the referee, at the Champions League Final. When as others have pointed out he was the fourth official. Busacca was the referee at the 2007 UEFA Cup Final played at Hampden. This was 5 years after the game he supposedly remembers well..........stupid boy.

H18 SFR
08-04-2021, 12:55 PM
If the guy in opposition can in anyway assist in supporting a UK wide hosted World Cup (independent nation or otherwise) then this is surely a good thing that would be welcomed all across the political spectrum.

CropleyWasGod
08-04-2021, 01:03 PM
If the guy in opposition can in anyway assist in supporting a UK wide hosted World Cup (independent nation or otherwise) then this is surely a good thing that would be welcomed all across the political spectrum.

If his boss can't remember his name, what chance is there of FIFA listening to someone with a dodgy memory?

WeeRussell
08-04-2021, 01:12 PM
I don't think I can contribute here without it being in the holy ground or getting a warning for my language :greengrin

Zidane's goal was a belter though. Up there as the second most iconic goal at that stadium.

Bostonhibby
08-04-2021, 01:22 PM
Yep. I'm not going to mock anyone for having niche interests, but it seems what we have here is the equivalent of a trainspotter who writes down the wrong numbers.Maybe its Bozo's pal Murray Ross who is the absent minded train spotter and poor old Dougal Ross is just an innocent caught up in the middle of this because he once mixed up who was refereeing a hockey match he attended several years ago?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

SaulGoodman
08-04-2021, 01:34 PM
I can just remember him in some video for the tories where various politicians were being asked “What would you do if you were PM for the day?” And all he could reply was something along the lines of “Ehmm more restrictions on Gypsy travellers”

greenginger
08-04-2021, 01:36 PM
If his boss can't remember his name, what chance is there of FIFA listening to someone with a dodgy memory?

Dodgy memories are essential in politics these days :greengrin

hibbyfraelibby
08-04-2021, 02:32 PM
Mike Oxmells also thinks Hampden could host the World Cup Final if a joint UK and Ireland bit is successful. He really does have his flag and his head up his erchie to think

A) the UK stands a snowballs or
B) Wembley was overlooked for the tip that is Hampden

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2021, 02:37 PM
Mike Oxmells also thinks Hampden could host the World Cup Final if a joint UK and Ireland bit is successful. He really does have his flag and his head up his erchie to think

A) the UK stands a snowballs or
B) Wembley was overlooked for the tip that is Hampden

Hampden would be at best 4th on the list of UK & Ireland stadiums to host the final and that’s if you only count national stadiums.

Andy74
08-04-2021, 02:45 PM
Hampden would be at best 4th on the list of UK & Ireland stadiums to host the final and that’s if you only count national stadiums.

Yeah, Windsor Park is now a cracking stadium to watch football in. It would only be its capacity that would have it behind Hampden. The others easily better.

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2021, 02:50 PM
Yeah, Windsor Park is now a cracking stadium to watch football in. It would only be its capacity that would have it behind Hampden. The others easily better.

The Aviva and Croke park would be above Hamden as well. And that’s before Old Trafford etc are even considered.

matty_f
08-04-2021, 02:55 PM
:hilarious neither he was - he needs to learn how to use google better!

Folk can claim to have done all sorts these days!

greenlex
08-04-2021, 03:19 PM

Bet he's fun at parties.
Where are these quotes? Social media? I’d like the opportunity to troll him.

BegbieHSC
08-04-2021, 03:52 PM
Dislikeable linesman and dislikeable politician.

hibby rae
08-04-2021, 05:16 PM
Where are these quotes? Social media? I’d like the opportunity to troll him.

Never miss that opportunity.

I saw it in an Evening Times article. But it might be on his feed 😉

Northernhibee
08-04-2021, 05:19 PM
He hates Tory pricks
He hates Tory pricks
Massimo Busacca
He hates Tory pricks