PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 wage earners - accurate?

wookie70
05-04-2021, 04:26 PM
This popped up on my social media (https://thefootballpress.com/top-10-highest-paid-players-at-hibernian-32055/?fbclid=IwAR1YVLjW8xjo0HeQs1EJ4MgejDvEQdeMY-CZoH6LrFWSF0AZqBR5K4zkpOc). Some very interesting figures if true and shows that outlay bears little resemblance to value when it comes to players.

Vault Boy
05-04-2021, 04:31 PM
I'd be very surprised if those are even close to being accurate to be honest.

calumhibee1
05-04-2021, 04:31 PM
Certainly nothing like what I would have expected if true.

MrRobot
05-04-2021, 04:32 PM
If he very surprised if Matt Macey was the top earner considering he doesn’t play.

Unseen work
05-04-2021, 04:33 PM
Theres no danger Drey Wright is on more than Irvine.

Therefore the whole list will likely be garbage, I do think Newell will be one of our top earners though.

Hibee Mac
05-04-2021, 04:38 PM
This kind of stuff is always to be taken with a massive pinch of salt.

I also assume that they are not implying that we are paying Murphy 16k a week and only a percentage of that...

Forgot about Drey Wright, we have to get rid of him asap

EdinMike
05-04-2021, 04:38 PM
Drey Wright on £2400... I smell shiiiii...

Jones28
05-04-2021, 04:41 PM
No danger are we paying Macey £4,900 pw

SChibs
05-04-2021, 04:44 PM
No danger are we paying Macey £4,900 pw

That will be his Arsenal wage.

SChibs
05-04-2021, 04:51 PM
Drey Wright on £2400... I smell shiiiii...

The players don't get paid based on how well they play. Take Alexis Sanchez at Man Utd for example

Wigson13
05-04-2021, 04:51 PM
Theres no danger Drey Wright is on more than Irvine.

Therefore the whole list will likely be garbage, I do think Newell will be one of our top earners though.

Irvine probably paid a one off fee on top of his wage.

badabing67
05-04-2021, 05:01 PM
Boyler is not even on the list. So what do they think he is on

Billy Whizz
05-04-2021, 05:05 PM
https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-premiership/hibernian/

Boyler well down the list, must be rubbish

KeithTheHibby
05-04-2021, 05:07 PM
No Scott Allan? Defo one of our highest earners.

MWHIBBIES
05-04-2021, 05:09 PM
No chance we're paying Macey 5k.

Brightside
05-04-2021, 05:09 PM
Thats hilarious. :greengrin

Swedish hibee
05-04-2021, 05:13 PM
Wtf if true..

easty
05-04-2021, 05:23 PM
The players don't get paid based on how well they play. Take Alexis Sanchez at Man Utd for example

Alexis Sanchez went to Man Utd as one of the best players in the league.

Drey Wright came to Hibs as a guy I had to google cos I couldn’t remember seeing him ever do anything at St Johnstone.

Not a chance those wages are correct.

J-C
05-04-2021, 05:42 PM
Macey and Murphy are the wages they were on at their previous clubs, on FM Macey is on £5K and Murphy is on £16K at Rangers, we won't be paying that. I'd expect Allan to be one of our highest earners, we'll be paying a quarter of Murphy's and half of what Macey was on. I can't see Daz and Gray being on the higher figures at their ages.

Michael
05-04-2021, 06:02 PM
Seems very unlikely that Nisbet is one of the lowest wages in the squad. Was a big signing for us and he's a striker.

easty
05-04-2021, 06:06 PM
Macey and Murphy are the wages they were on at their previous clubs, on FM Macey is on £5K and Murphy is on £16K at Rangers, we won't be paying that. I'd expect Allan to be one of our highest earners, we'll be paying a quarter of Murphy's and half of what Macey was on. I can't see Daz and Gray being on the higher figures at their ages.

I’d be amazed if we agreed to pay £2k a week towards Macey. He was always coming as a back up.

bod
05-04-2021, 06:07 PM
wait till the player see what their team mates earn. Ron will expect the agents at his door.

SChibs
05-04-2021, 06:17 PM
Seems very unlikely that Nisbet is one of the lowest wages in the squad. Was a big signing for us and he's a striker.

Maybe a lower weekly wage but goal bonuses for everyone scored and lump sums for 10, 15, 20 goals etc

easty
05-04-2021, 06:39 PM
Maybe a lower weekly wage but goal bonuses for everyone scored and lump sums for 10, 15, 20 goals etc

Do our players get deals like that? First I’ve heard of it.

J-C
05-04-2021, 06:44 PM

Most wages are like this, there'll be a basic and then the add ons like appearance fee, goal bonus, clean sheet bonus etc.

Jones28
05-04-2021, 06:52 PM

Wasn’t there something in the media recently about the difference between Hibs and Hearts and the way the structure deals differently? Hearts pay more up from with fewer bonuses and Hibs do the opposite?

easty
05-04-2021, 07:05 PM
Most wages are like this, there'll be a basic and then the add ons like appearance fee, goal bonus, clean sheet bonus etc.

I genuinely don’t know, but while I believe they’ll get goal bonuses when they score...it all seems a bit Football Manager to get lump sums after 10/15/20 goals.

1875Sean
05-04-2021, 07:38 PM
Looks to be rubbish, I would expect Boyle and maybe Newell to be in the big bucks after recent contract extensions

scoopyboy
05-04-2021, 07:42 PM
Wasn’t there something in the media recently about the difference between Hibs and Hearts and the way the structure deals differently? Hearts pay more up from with fewer bonuses and Hibs do the opposite?

Don't know about individual player bonuses but I do know Hibs don't pay win bonuses for league matches, their bonus is dependant on where they finish in the league.

SChibs
05-04-2021, 07:42 PM
I genuinely don’t know, but while I believe they’ll get goal bonuses when they score...it all seems a bit Football Manager to get lump sums after 10/15/20 goals.

To be fair Football Manager is based on real life. There definitely clauses in contracts like that. It was just conjecture to say Hibs do it but I reckon they probably do.

For anyone interested theres some decent video on YouTube regarding goal bonuses. Some of them in the EpL are ridiculous. Aguero on 40k a goal for example, he's already on 200k+ a week!

J-C
05-04-2021, 07:43 PM

They're incentives, targets for players to hit to get extra money, there'll be bonuses for cup wins, league positions, European runs if you get there, it all adds up.

silverhibee
06-04-2021, 01:42 PM

Think Hibs will keep it simple, basic wage, appearance fee and win bonus, and I think bonus for being called up to national team, I doubt we are giving out goal bonuses or clean sheet stuff, how much would you give a player for scoring a goal, probably not worth the hassle.

silverhibee
06-04-2021, 01:43 PM
Don't know about individual player bonuses but I do know Hibs don't pay win bonuses for league matches, their bonus is dependant on where they finish in the league.

When did the win bonus stop Scoops. :aok: only Hibs. :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
06-04-2021, 01:51 PM
Very similar to a site mentioned on another thread would not be surprised if one was inspired by another. Neither attribute sources. Folks would need to do more to convince me neither are bogus. Click bait generating traffic. Like shooting fish in a barrel even if it’s wrong.

Now anyone like to by a flat Earthers conspiracy t-shirt or alternatively a timeshare?

Centre Hawf
06-04-2021, 01:58 PM
Definitely a nonsense list. Looks like someone has ripped a football manager list of wages and adapted it to be the real one. Matt Macey may have been on around £5k a week at Arsenal but there is no chance we're paying him close to that. Same goes for the fact Marciano is so far down the list when I reckon him to be one of the highest earners.

mjhibby
06-04-2021, 07:11 PM
I know in Alex millers time the likes of Eddie May and Kano were on very poor basic pay but could double or treble that with win bonuses. We paid our a quarter of money earned in winning the cup in bonuses. Source is the tache himself.

scoopyboy
06-04-2021, 07:42 PM
When did the win bonus stop Scoops. :aok: only Hibs. :thumbsup:

Just this season I think Silv.

I think it is a good idea, the higher the club finish the more prize money they get and the players are rewarded accordingly.:aok:

banchoryhibs
06-04-2021, 08:02 PM
Just this season I think Silv.

I think it is a good idea, the higher the club finish the more prize money they get and the players are rewarded accordingly.:aok:

Certainly seems to be working:agree::flag:

FilipinoHibs
07-04-2021, 04:56 PM
Think this is a bit closer:

https://footballleaguefc.com/hibernian-fc-player-wages/

wookie70
07-04-2021, 11:01 PM

Looks more reasonable but still some very odd figures. Nisbet seems very low and hard to believe Scott Allen is on so much given he hadn't kicked a ball for a year when we signed him again. Probably because he was on much more at Celtc and similar for Newell. Boyle is the one that is the strangest for me. He has been arguably our most important player for a while, ask Heck who never had the chance to play him, and has signed a recent contract. He needs a better agent or he has some add ons or signing fees too.

J-C
08-04-2021, 09:03 AM

Looks more reasonable but still some very odd figures. Nisbet seems very low and hard to believe Scott Allen is on so much given he hadn't kicked a ball for a year when we signed him again. Probably because he was on much more at Celtc and similar for Newell. Boyle is the one that is the strangest for me. He has been arguably our most important player for a while, ask Heck who never had the chance to play him, and has signed a recent contract. He needs a better agent or he has some add ons or signing fees too.

All those figures on that site look pretty much the same Football Manager wages, on FM21 Nisbet is on £1k Allan on £3k and Newell £4.5k.