PDA

View Full Version : Sharing a car with Jason Cummings

I_Love_Latapy
04-04-2021, 06:10 PM
If you wondered what it might be like to share a car with Jason Cummings, this article by Aidan Smith in the Scotsman gives you an idea...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/jason-cummings-if-i-hadnt-missed-that-penalty-to-relegate-hibs-theyd-never-have-gone-on-to-win-the-scottish-cup-3188446

Peevemor
04-04-2021, 06:23 PM
If you wondered why it might be like to share a car with Jason Cummings, this article by Aidan Smith in the Scotsman gives you an idea...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/jason-cummings-if-i-hadnt-missed-that-penalty-to-relegate-hibs-theyd-never-have-gone-on-to-win-the-scottish-cup-3188446

That's brilliant. What a bam!

JoeT
04-04-2021, 06:37 PM
Really entertaining. Thanks Aidan

superfurryhibby
04-04-2021, 06:59 PM
Good article. You just have to wish Jason well. He's capable of playing at a better standard than our Championship and I really hope he does well at Dundee.

Centre Hawf
05-04-2021, 02:34 AM
I'm delighted he's happy again and scoring goals. I loved Jason and his daft streak at Easter Road, one of those players that has a habit of making me smile in the many things he said and did. Hope this Dundee stint is the start of something for him again in his career and I wouldn't be against him being at Easter Road again in a Hibs jersey one day.

FilipinoHibs
05-04-2021, 05:34 AM
Great read and great guy. Loved Jason at Hibs.

green day
05-04-2021, 06:29 AM
Nice to see he is playing and scoring again, good interview.

It might have been 3 years in the Championship, but Cummings and his team mates helped me fall back in love with Hibs again - what a dressing room, what characters !

Cat Stanton
05-04-2021, 08:01 AM
If you wondered why it might be like to share a car with Jason Cummings, this article by Aidan Smith in the Scotsman gives you an idea...

Very funny - thanks for posting.

"I played against Keats [James Keatings] a couple of weeks ago and we swapped shirts. He wanted mine and now I’ve got something to clean my dog, Carlos, after a muddy walk"...

Hibbyradge
05-04-2021, 08:04 AM
"Are you sure"?

Butcher doing his best to put doubts in his players' minds.

Clown.

JimBHibees
05-04-2021, 08:14 AM
Brilliant article. What a character Jason is. :aok:

JimBHibees
05-04-2021, 08:15 AM

"I played against Keats [James Keatings] a couple of weeks ago and we swapped shirts. He wanted mine and now I’ve got something to clean my dog, Carlos, after a muddy walk"...

:faf:

Hibbyradge
05-04-2021, 08:24 AM
Why are they sharing a car during the lockdown? :grr:

Bishop Hibee
05-04-2021, 08:26 AM
Great interview. Good to see him scoring goals. Cup winning legend.

I_Love_Latapy
05-04-2021, 08:28 AM

Exactly. :faf: it’s the need to share the name of the dog that makes it genius.

Peevemor
05-04-2021, 09:30 AM
"When Conrad first turned up at East Mains I honestly thought he was the new chef. Conrad’s a big guy, like, and I just assumed he was taking over from the fella who’d done a runner to Mauritius.*"

gbhibby
05-04-2021, 09:39 AM
I have shared a car journey with Jason, very entertaining.

Diclonius
05-04-2021, 09:44 AM
Looking forward to seeing his autobiography when he retires, that was a good read!

Cat Stanton
05-04-2021, 09:59 AM
Why are they sharing a car during the lockdown? :grr:

It'll be a (hands-free, hopefully) phone interview. Unless he was taking Aidan Smith to meet his mother (the interview finishes as he reaches his mum's house), which would be an unlikely scenario even in pre-pandemic times.

I_Love_Latapy
05-04-2021, 10:10 AM
It'll be a (hands-free, hopefully) phone interview. Unless he was taking Aidan Smith to meet his mother (the interview finishes as he reaches his mum's house), which would be an unlikely scenario even in pre-pandemic times.

“It’s Tracey with an ‘e’ by the way, if you’re mentioning her. She’d love that, mate”

TheGreenMan
05-04-2021, 10:11 AM
Said when he was available, I'd take him back. He'd score goals for us for sure

neil7908
05-04-2021, 10:16 AM
Said when he was available, I'd take him back. He'd score goals for us for sure

This. Great interview and if he's available this summer I would genuinely love to see him back at ER.

EI255
05-04-2021, 10:44 AM
This. Great interview and if he's available this summer I would genuinely love to see him back at ER.Absolutely not. Not even getting a start for Dundee. Why would you want him back?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
05-04-2021, 11:27 AM
Proper character and a likeable guy. The laughs echoing round the cinema at the Time for Hero’s premier, particularly from the players themselves at his contributions summed it up!

Interesting comment regarding the media training. Player and management interviews are largely dull as dishwater these days with very little of interest actually being said. Our own manager is a good example of that, while he speaks well he doesn’t really tell us that much. So many different players and managers, but all saying the same phrases and buzz words.

HibbyAndy
05-04-2021, 12:01 PM
"When Conrad first turned up at East Mains I honestly thought he was the new chef. Conrad’s a big guy, like, and I just assumed he was taking over from the fella who’d done a runner to Mauritius.*"

:agree::top marks

:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

Seveno
05-04-2021, 12:11 PM
I feel sorry for anyone that doesn’t like Jason. Something missing in their life.

JohnM1875
05-04-2021, 12:15 PM
What an absolute legend. Genuinely love the guy.

Billy Whizz
05-04-2021, 12:24 PM
Absolutely not. Not even getting a start for Dundee. Why would you want him back?

He was rested on Saturday, as McPake thinks the game against Ayr tomorrow night, is a bigger game

The Baldmans Comb
05-04-2021, 12:34 PM
He missed two of the biggest penalties in Hibs history but still had the bottle to score with the third.😀

I maintain that Japanese goalie of Dundee Utd had no idea what was going to happen (Did anybody?) when Jason stepped up and that's why he barely moved.

A great character who plays football and lives life on his terms and Scottish football is much better for it.

Kato
05-04-2021, 12:49 PM
Notice he says "we" a couple of times when referring to Hibs. I like that.

CMurdoch
05-04-2021, 12:54 PM
A fun read and he is right about the pointlessness of interviews with media trained players and managers. Why would anyone listen to or watch that?

Kaff
05-04-2021, 01:46 PM
Nice to see he is playing and scoring again, good interview.

It might have been 3 years in the Championship, but Cummings and his team mates helped me fall back in love with Hibs again - what a dressing room, what characters !

That's a very good comment, made it easy for our two young kids to become Hibees. They met Jason and loved his banter at a signing in the club shop but equally Fonts, Farid, SDG were separately very good at that time too.
No doubt Leeann and Stubbsy were important but with SDG leading that dressing room it was great reconnection for us.
FWIW I would take Jason back next season if we sold Nisbet, think he would work well with Doidgy.
On the other hand if there's another nugget like Nisbet available to bring through in a similar fashion then I wouldn't block that with a player of Jason's age, the next KN type signing might be different position of course

DaveF
05-04-2021, 02:00 PM
Enjoyed that. He's as mad as a box of frogs but that's just him I suppose. A very rare and likeable character.

Centre Hawf
05-04-2021, 02:21 PM
Absolutely not. Not even getting a start for Dundee. Why would you want him back?

He's got 5 goals in 9 games so far for Dundee and as far as I can tell his arrival is the only reason they have a sniff of going up in the play offs again this season.

gbhibby
05-04-2021, 03:05 PM
Would take him back he would be an addition to the squad especially if we have a European campaign. Likes a goal against Hearts by the way.

calumhibee1
05-04-2021, 05:45 PM
I ****ing love him.

Would love to see him back here.

Peevemor
05-04-2021, 05:47 PM
I ****ing love him.

Would love to see him back here.Same here.

jacomo
05-04-2021, 05:55 PM
Would take him back he would be an addition to the squad especially if we have a European campaign. Likes a goal against Hearts by the way.

I’d prefer super Leigh tbh... older but better version of the same kind of striker imo.

snedzuk
05-04-2021, 05:59 PM
Love this one

Irish_Steve
05-04-2021, 05:59 PM
Took a travel adaptor when going to play in Wales lol. Brilliant bloke.

My brother and I were actually on that flight to Paris he talked about (we were off to watch NI in Euros).

I had clocked him further down in the queue and we were sitting in our seats when he came down the aisle. I just said 'Get that bloody contract signed, Jason" and he burst out laughing.

Once airborne, we went for a quick chat to see why he was flying to Paris and he told us the whole story and then said " keep that quiet btw"

Would take him back in a flash

CapitalGreen
05-04-2021, 07:11 PM

A cursory glance at his stats would show you he’s started all 8 of Dundee’s last 8 league fixtures, scoring 5 goals. He only didn’t start v St Johnstone as Dundee are in with a chance of promotion so the manager rested his key players with that in mind.