PDA

View Full Version : Ofir to Celtic?

CJHibby
02-04-2021, 07:46 PM
I bl@#dy hope not!

brianmc
02-04-2021, 07:54 PM
Me too.
What have you heard that made you start the thread?

J-C
02-04-2021, 07:58 PM
Not much we can do about it if it's true.

CJHibby
02-04-2021, 08:15 PM
Nothing, just a bad feeling. He wouldn't be the right fit for Celtic anyway but want to continue liking him! Lol

bob12345
02-04-2021, 08:20 PM
Best pals with Bitton, quite settled here, makes a lot of sense.

Mick O'Rourke
02-04-2021, 08:22 PM
Not be surprised if he goes to Celtic.
He has waxed lyrical about how much he and his wife love living here(Musselburgh)

So unless some English or European club could sway him with sizeable sign on fee and salary,Celtic is favourite for me to get Rocky .....

Unless he wants to go back to Israel !!!:confused:

Billy Whizz
02-04-2021, 08:26 PM
Sorry who’s signing players for Celtic?
Manager and recruitment head have left the building

green day
02-04-2021, 08:30 PM
Nothing, just a bad feeling. He wouldn't be the right fit for Celtic anyway but want to continue liking him! Lol
So you start a thread about him going there?
Troll

HoboHarry
02-04-2021, 08:31 PM

Exactly, Eddie Howe (if appointed) will be looking at England and abroad.....

Mick O'Rourke
02-04-2021, 08:31 PM

Well if he stays in Scotland..
God forbid he goes to the Zombies

hibee-boys
02-04-2021, 08:35 PM
Not really bothered where he ends up as long as he has a strong end to the season.

Jones28
02-04-2021, 08:37 PM
Still got a sneaky feeling he’ll stay at Hibs

Since452
02-04-2021, 08:41 PM
Maybe if Lennon was there. Not now

Frazerbob
02-04-2021, 08:43 PM
Troll

That was my thought too. Bizarre.

pollution
02-04-2021, 08:47 PM
That was my thought too. Bizarre.

Drink must be involved........

JimBHibees
02-04-2021, 09:09 PM
Not really bothered where he ends up as long as he has a strong end to the season.

Nail on head. No interest in where he goes.

superfurryhibby
02-04-2021, 09:35 PM
Troll

A tad harsh, albeit an odd way to title a thread.

I don’t really care where he goes, but I would be surprised if he’s a target for Celtic.

MWHIBBIES
02-04-2021, 09:36 PM
Hope so, this place has been trying to sell him to them based on nothing for 5 years. Can finally stop hearing about it.

WeeRussell
02-04-2021, 11:09 PM

That would be a nice result.

SMAXXA
02-04-2021, 11:09 PM
Best pals with Bitton, quite settled here, makes a lot of sense.

Bittton is a player not a director of football and is one who will likley leave in the summer so I’m not sure your rational stands up 😂.

I couldn’t care if he goes there won’t make a jot of difference to me or a hibs for that matter. And also wouldn’t change how I view Marciano and how I will once his time is up here.

FilipinoHibs
02-04-2021, 11:51 PM
Bittton is a player not a director of football and is one who will likley leave in the summer so I’m not sure your rational stands up 😂.

I couldn’t care if he goes there won’t make a jot of difference to me or a hibs for that matter. And also wouldn’t change how I view Marciano and how I will once his time is up here.

Exactly. Another attempt at a disruptive thread.

H18 SFR
03-04-2021, 08:23 AM
Crap threads like this routinely appear in the aftermath of international breaks.

Abolish international football please.

Nevi_SOL
03-04-2021, 08:49 AM

Me too

CJHibby
03-04-2021, 09:12 AM
A few prickly characters on here. I was just curious if anyone else was thinking the same way as me..sorry to anyone offended.

Eyrie
03-04-2021, 09:16 AM

I'd be relieved if that happens, but also surprised.

Marciano was up front with Hibs that he was moving on which meant we knew that we needed to get the goalkeeping position sorted for next season. We've made Macey an offer and will also have Dabrowski, so it's unlikely that there would be room in the budget for Marciano, even although Marciano plus one of the others would be better than both of them without him.

Think back to Fyvie. Hibs made him an offer but he took too long to explore other options and think about it, so the offer was withdrawn even although we hadn't lined up a replacement when he decided to accept.

Smartie
03-04-2021, 09:19 AM
I always thought he'd go to Celtic and warm the bench but I'm not sure now Lennon has left them.

That move would have ticked so many boxes for both parties.

JimBHibees
03-04-2021, 09:19 AM
I'd be relieved if that happens, but also surprised.

Marciano was up front with Hibs that he was moving on which meant we knew that we needed to get the goalkeeping position sorted for next season. We've made Macey an offer and will also have Dabrowski, so it's unlikely that there would be room in the budget for Marciano, even although Marciano plus one of the others would be better than both of them without him.

Think back to Fyvie. Hibs made him an offer but he took too long to explore other options and think about it, so the offer was withdrawn even although we hadn't lined up a replacement when he decided to accept.

has that been confirmed

Eyrie
03-04-2021, 09:30 AM
has that been confirmed

It was reported earlier this week that there are ongoing discussions (https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-update-situation-with-goalkeepers-matt-macey-and-kevin-dabrowski-3185746), although I'd forgotten that Dabrowski is also out of contract.

That means that until an offer is accepted we don't have any senior keepers for next season so there could be time for Marciano to change his mind. That depends on how Hibs negotiate - we're probably unlikely to withdraw an offer made before any deadline is reached as word would get round that we don't always negotiate in good faith.

Bangkok Hibby
03-04-2021, 10:23 AM
A few prickly characters on here. I was just curious if anyone else was thinking the same way as me..sorry to anyone offended.

I'm pretty sure nobody is offended so absolutely no need to apologise for posting your thoughts.

Edit: I couldn't care less where he goes 🙂

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2021, 10:26 AM

I have thought the same, although I have nothing to back it up with other than gut feeling. Hope I'm wrong, as I think he's better than anything they have.

basehibby
03-04-2021, 10:45 AM

It's well known that cut and paste journos will look in and lift rumours from sites like here and before you know it you have a "story". Ergo this unsubstantiated nothing thread is a stupid and disruptive waste of space and you deserve all the pelters you're getting for it.

HendoDelivered
03-04-2021, 11:25 AM
Hapoel Be’er Sheva I think.

WhileTheChief..
03-04-2021, 11:47 AM

Wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up staying with us or going to Celtic.

I think it he’ll leave it to until the last minute and see what offers he gets. He might realise he’s better staying put.

Mind you, I don’t even know if we’ve offered him a new contract?

Highwayman
03-04-2021, 12:41 PM

Don’t bother apologising.There are some people who if they don’t feel offended at least once a day get offended.

Never thought Marciano was going to sign another deal.Where his is next move is to doesn’t really interest me.

I am concerned however who his replacements is going to be.Believe offers have been made to :-

1) Matt Macey - Has looked capable in what I have seen off him.Don’t know what his personal circumstances are e.g.does he have family down south who would be willing to move to Scotland.

2) Kevin Dabrowski - If he is now not ready to move up to the first team now,will he ever be ready.

Any other candidates ?

Pretty Boy
03-04-2021, 12:53 PM

I don't think you have any reason to apologise.

It's already confirmed Rocky won't be signing a new contract at Hibs. Speculation about where he might end up next seems fair enough to me. I think the complete overhaul of the football operation at Celtic makes it less likely than it may have been a couple of months ago. If he has any desire to stay in Scotland and wants more money than Hibs are offering then that makes it a pretty short list of teams though, one of which would be Celtic.

hhibs
03-04-2021, 02:47 PM
Don’t bother apologising.There are some people who if they don’t feel offended at least once a day get offended.

Never thought Marciano was going to sign another deal.Where his is next move is to doesn’t really interest me.

I am concerned however who his replacements is going to be.Believe offers have been made to :-

1) Matt Macey - Has looked capable in what I have seen off him.Don’t know what his personal circumstances are e.g.does he have family down south who would be willing to move to Scotland.

2) Kevin Dabrowski - If he is now not ready to move up to the first team now,will he ever be ready.

Any other candidates ?

Adam Bogdan provided he is fit and available and work permit is possible

Bangkok Hibby
03-04-2021, 03:42 PM
It's well known that cut and paste journos will look in and lift rumours from sites like here and before you know it you have a "story". Ergo this unsubstantiated nothing thread is a stupid and disruptive waste of space and you deserve all the pelters you're getting for it.

Pish!

WhileTheChief..
03-04-2021, 03:52 PM

Would be delighted if we could bring him back.

CJHibby
03-04-2021, 05:01 PM
I probably should've phrased the original post better so no probs with some responses. :aok:

davy67 +
03-04-2021, 05:12 PM
Surely wherever Rocky goes he's going to want to be No1 keeper, would he be guaranteed that at Celtic ?

Bridge hibs
03-04-2021, 05:40 PM
I probably should've phrased the original post better so no probs with some responses. :aok:You can edit your original post, anyway I dont understand the angst towards you, fair post 👍

Itsnoteasy
03-04-2021, 05:49 PM

Any other candidates ?

I'm in the same boat. Couldn't give a flying duck where his next move will be.

EI255
03-04-2021, 06:20 PM
Sorry, but Eddie Howe will sign bigger and better OM.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
03-04-2021, 06:37 PM

Did he not sign the Holy goalie for Bournemouth

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-04-2021, 12:24 AM
Wherever he goes, I don't think that he owes us anything.

AFKA5814_Hibs
04-04-2021, 02:11 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Celtc. To be fair he's better than what they have right now.

Dmas
04-04-2021, 06:13 AM

Hologram of a goalie hopefully we find better than him

marinello59
04-04-2021, 07:09 AM

Opinions eh? :greengrin
I thought Bogdan was more than decent and was surprised we didn’t keep him at the club. I’d be happy to see him back.

Pretty Boy
04-04-2021, 08:11 AM

Bloody good hologram when he pulled off about half a dozen top drawer saves to help us progress in Europe though.

Keyser Sauzee
04-04-2021, 08:25 AM

When Bogdan was at his best for us he was every bit as good as Marciano, would happily take him back but don’t think there’s any chance.

Mr. Wonderful
04-04-2021, 08:46 AM

Bang on the nail. Looked the part and didn't make many glaring errors but let in goals Offy would save in his sleep, particularly at his near post.

angus hibby
04-04-2021, 08:51 AM

Really? What I remember is that he had a slowish start to his Hibs career, mainly due to lack of match sharpness. Once up to speed, proved to be an excellent goalkeeper and arguably better than Rocky.

i would be delighted if we brought him back.

Diclonius
04-04-2021, 08:56 AM

Wow, can't wait to see Ofir Marciano 2!

BlackSheep
04-04-2021, 09:02 AM
I could see Celtic going for Bogdan with Eddie Howe in charge, he has a Premiership pedigree and despite what some on here would have you believe, is still a top keeper.... much better than any of Celtic’s current options.

Smartie
04-04-2021, 09:05 AM
Really? What I remember is that he had a slowish start to his Hibs career, mainly due to lack of match sharpness. Once up to speed, proved to be an excellent goalkeeper and arguably better than Rocky.

i would be delighted if we brought him back.

Exactly how I remember him.

Really wobbly until one of the European games (maybe Asteras?) but after making some good saves in that he didn’t look back.

My concern that he’s gone from really looking the part to warming benches for a few years.

If he was to be the same player who played for us before, he’d be a more than adequate replacement for Rocky.

As you say, a case could be made that he’d be an upgrade.

FilipinoHibs
04-04-2021, 09:20 AM
You can edit your original post, anyway I dont understand the angst towards you, fair post 👍

Because its designed to get us all worrying going him going to rivals when clearly because of the management changes coming at Celtic that is not going to happen. Typical of the negativity you get here. What is the worst thing you think can happen? Put it in a post on here and get us all worried. Rightly Rocky is looking for a better pay deal to see out his career. Looks it is not going to come in the UK. So he will just go home.

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2021, 10:55 AM
Because its designed to get us all worrying going him going to rivals when clearly because of the management changes coming at Celtic that is not going to happen. Typical of the negativity you get here. What is the worst thing you think can happen? Put it in a post on here and get us all worried. Rightly Rocky is looking for a better pay deal to see out his career. Looks it is not going to come in the UK. So he will just go home.

I think he could end up at Celtic too, but he may not. Nothing is ever clear in football.

MWHIBBIES
04-04-2021, 11:08 AM

:faf: What?

He was very good after a rough start.