PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Kevin Nisbet

FilipinoHibs
01-04-2021, 06:51 AM
Great to see another Hibernian player capped. Must have been a big moment for Kevin as father was big Scotland fan. Pity we were playing tapy tapy for most of the time he was on.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2021, 07:17 AM
Great to see another Hibernian player capped. Must have been a big moment for Kevin as father was big Scotland fan. Pity we were playing tapy tape for most of the time he was on.

I thought his finish when he was just offside was class, i hope he goes on to be a regular now and Hibs start playing tapy tape football. :wink:

Since452
01-04-2021, 07:36 AM
Hibs must be very attractive to young players now with McGinn, and Nisbet making the step up. Porteous in and around it too.

jacomo
01-04-2021, 07:49 AM
I saw Hibs retweeted a SFA message about SJM last night and it triggered a good few of our neighbours.

“Imagine still going on about an ex player.”

“St Mirren should be getting the credit.”

Poor, poor wee lambs.

Congratulations to KN and former Hibee players in the Scotland set up!

Keith_M
01-04-2021, 09:56 AM
It's just a shame that Raith Rovers are entitled to 50% of the 30% due to Dunfermline when we sell him.

Or is it St Mirren...

:dunno:

PatHead
01-04-2021, 10:14 AM
Have a lot of time for him. Was going nowhere in the game, freed by Patrick and took a step down. Worked hard through lower clubs up to Scotland's 3rd top team and has made it into the Scotland team. An inspiration to young players. Well done Kevin.

Since452
01-04-2021, 10:16 AM
I saw Hibs retweeted a SFA message about SJM last night and it triggered a good few of our neighbours.

“Imagine still going on about an ex player.”

“St Mirren should be getting the credit.”

Poor, poor wee lambs.

Congratulations to KN and former Hibee players in the Scotland set up!

I do find it a bit cringe that Hibs social media keeps going on about another teams player. Just my opinion. I guess if it winds up Jambos it can't be that bad.

PatHead
01-04-2021, 10:17 AM
I do find it a bit cringe that Hibs social media keeps going on about another teams player. Just my opinion. I guess if it winds up Jambos it can't be that bad.

SJM will always be one of us. Even has a Hibs number plate.

Keith_M
01-04-2021, 10:19 AM

When asked in an interview what the highlight was of his career, he said it was winning the Scottish Cup with Hibs.

:greengrin

Correction, it was choosing a photo.

HERE (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50686255)'s the interview

JimBHibees
01-04-2021, 10:23 AM
Great for Kevin to get recognition. Has been an excellent season for him in terms of progression and raising his profile in the game.

jacomo
01-04-2021, 10:57 AM

It was a retweet, no big deal and happens all the time where clubs acknowledge achievements of popular former players.

The backlash it generated was hilarious.

Dinkydoo
01-04-2021, 11:09 AM
I do find it a bit cringe that Hibs social media keeps going on about another teams player. Just my opinion. I guess if it winds up Jambos it can't be that bad.He feels like one of us much more than most ex players.

He's a Scottish Cup winning Hibs legend and didn't go off to a rival team.

Hibs can retweet him all they want in my book

Mantis Toboggan
01-04-2021, 11:41 AM
A while since hearts last sold someone who went on to play at the level McGinn is at, and it's going to be a while longer based on their current squad of utter dross

ancient hibee
01-04-2021, 11:48 AM
I thought his finish when he was just offside was class, i hope he goes on to be a regular now and Hibs start playing tapy tape football. :wink:

Watching live I thought the offside was very touch and go and he might have been in line.Don’t know if it was shown again later.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2021, 12:10 PM
Me too, I think I saw a replay and he was definitely offside.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-04-2021, 12:30 PM

Was just thinking his biography/autobiography - not many players that will get fans from all the clubs and country that will want to buy your book...

1van Sprou7e
01-04-2021, 12:59 PM
Was just thinking his biography/autobiography - not many players that will get fans from all the clubs and country that will want to buy your book...

To be fair he's well on course to become a Scotland legend. Might end up being the highest scorer in the 21st century for us (needs to double his tally). From midfield that's not too shabby :wink:

In fact if he does that he'd be 5th highest scorer of all time which is a bit ridiculous

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-04-2021, 04:28 PM
Great to see him get on and I'm sure his late Dad will be watching from up above 💚