PDA

View Full Version : Scotland v Faroe Islands

Billy Whizz
31-03-2021, 05:09 PM
Tonight on Sky Sports 7.45pm Ko. Now this is a must win, and a good performance is expected too
Faroes only lost 3-1 in Austria at the weekend, but I fully expect Scotland to win comfortably

Austria play Denmark at the same time tonight, what kind of a result do we want from that game?

GonzoReturns
31-03-2021, 05:15 PM
On the basis we aren’t good enough to win the group outright you would want Denmark to win....however the ever optimist would say a draw and we beat Austria and Denmark as well as win all our remaining games!!!

Diclonius
31-03-2021, 05:16 PM
As long as we win, any result in the Denmark-Austria game is fine.

Since90+2
31-03-2021, 05:20 PM
Tonight on Sky Sports 7.45pm Ko. Now this is a must win, and a good performance is expected too
Faroes only lost 3-1 in Austria at the weekend, but I fully expect Scotland to win comfortably

Austria play Denmark at the same time tonight, what kind of a result do we want from that game?

I'd be very surprised if we win comfortably. We are not the type of side who prefers to be on the front foot and although I think we'll win I don't think it will be a particularly wide margin.

Billy Whizz
31-03-2021, 05:21 PM
Gordon
McTominay Hanley Tierney
Fraser Mcgregor McGinn McLean Robertson
Dykes Adams

bingo70
31-03-2021, 05:22 PM
Laughing at Steve Clarke saying that this isn’t the same Faroe Islands as 10-20 years ago and they’re a good side now.

I know they scored against Austria and think they beat someone decent last year but cmon, it’s the Faroe Islands. They’ll have a population about the same as Musselburgh (just guessed that, I’ve no idea).

Got to beating teams like this convincingly.

Diclonius
31-03-2021, 05:25 PM
Laughing at Steve Clarke saying that this isn’t the same Faroe Islands as 10-20 years ago and they’re a good side now.

I know they scored against Austria and think they beat someone decent last year but cmon, it’s the Faroe Islands. They’ll have a population about the same as Musselburgh (just guessed that, I’ve no idea).

To be fair, closer to Dunfermline in size. Might be a bit trickier! :wink:

Lendo
31-03-2021, 05:26 PM
We need the win but it would be great to be safe at half time and get Kevin on the pitch for some game time.

Diclonius
31-03-2021, 05:27 PM
Gordon
McTominay Hanley Tierney
Fraser Mcgregor McGinn McLean Robertson
Dykes Adams

Doubt Gordon will be staying at Hearts next season.

SteveHFC
31-03-2021, 05:27 PM
We need the win but it would be great to be safe at half time and get Kevin on the pitch for some game time.

He’ll put on McBurnie before him.

number9dream
31-03-2021, 05:34 PM
I don’t like three lefties in midfield.
He wasn’t great against Austria but surely Armstrong is a good attacking option from a central position in a game like this.

Wilson
31-03-2021, 05:35 PM

I think the team has more full time professional footballers these days where in the 90s it would have been mainly amateurs. They've had some interesting results in the last 5 years. Wins against Greece and a draw with Hungary.

The likes of Sweden and Norway still stuck 4 past them recently so it can be done....

I expect them to be well organised and not that fearful of Scotland. Any win will do.

B.H.F.C
31-03-2021, 05:41 PM
I think the team has more full time professional footballers these days where in the 90s it would have been mainly amateurs. They've had some interesting results in the last 5 years. Wins against Greece and a draw with Hungary.

The likes of Sweden and Norway still stuck 4 past them recently so it can be done....

I expect them to be well organised and not that fearful of Scotland. Any win will do.

Was reading about their team earlier and it’s a bit of a random collection. Unsurprisingly a few play in the Faroes, some in Denmark, some in Sweden, some in Norway. More surprisingly they have representation in the Bundesliga and League of Ireland.

WeeRussell
31-03-2021, 05:59 PM

I agree that anything less than a win tonight is completely unacceptable but Clarke is right in that they’re a far better side than what they were. Albeit that’s not saying an awful lot.

3 points and a few goals. I’m still a bit scunnered about only having two points from the first two but what can you do..

Stuart93
31-03-2021, 06:02 PM
Hibs Twitter a wee bit unprofessional there. Quoted another tweet asking what Nisbet had to do to get a start.

SteveHFC
31-03-2021, 06:07 PM
Hibs Twitter a wee bit unprofessional there. Quoted another tweet asking what Nisbet had to do to get a start.

Agreed.

bingo70

Didn’t like that either.

Think the quotes tweet was along the lines of “what has Nisbet got to do to get a start?” Or something along those lines.

I think he’s only scored 1 goal in out last 5 or 6 games. He’s not on great form for us just now so there can’t be any complaints he’s not making his first start tonight.

FWIW I suspect the Hibs Twitter guy probably didn’t mean for the tweet to have the tone it did. Didn’t look great though IMO.

WeeRussell

hopefully purely in jest.. otherwise a bit ironic coming from Hibs 😂

Stuart93
31-03-2021, 06:09 PM
hopefully purely in jest.. otherwise a bit ironic coming from Hibs 😂

Aye could well be in jest but didn’t seem like it! Who knows

BroxburnHibee
31-03-2021, 06:13 PM
Don't understand that team at all

Crunchie
31-03-2021, 06:15 PM
Don't understand that team at all
Hopefully it bamboozles the Faroes too :greengrin

lord bunberry
31-03-2021, 06:17 PM
How **** is that sky coverage? Trying to cover two games at once is painful viewing. The host knows **** all about Northern Ireland and the two pundits know very little about each other’s team. I can’t see them doing that when England are on.

CloudSquall
31-03-2021, 06:19 PM
Hasn't Dykes went 20 or so games without a goal at QPR?

Hibee Mac
31-03-2021, 06:20 PM
I know we should expect to win this with any team named but even so what does Clarke see in Kenny McLean?

Really pi**ed me off bringing him on towards end of the Israel match, he's anonymous no where near international standard.

No doubt will have a Stormer tonight now but he's not the level we need to progress

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2021, 06:21 PM
I don’t like three lefties in midfield.
He wasn’t great against Austria but surely Armstrong is a good attacking option from a central position in a game like this.

I cant see how Armstrong is not in that starting line up, he's better than McLean and McGregor.

WeeRussell
31-03-2021, 06:22 PM

Sure he scored a couple of weeks back.

I’m not actually as taken by him as most seem to be. I think he’s played well for Scotland without being convinced he’s actually that good a player. Wasn’t that excited when I heard about Che Adams joining up but I now think he may well be our best option.

I’d rather he persisted with dykes than resorted to McBurnie again, that’s for sure.

WeeRussell
31-03-2021, 06:23 PM
I know we should expect to win this with any team named but even so what does Clarke see in Kenny McLean?

Really pi**ed me off bringing him on towards end of the Israel match, he's anonymous no where near international standard.

No doubt will have a Stormer tonight now but he's not the level we need to progress

Have to agree re the other night - I couldn’t understand him coming on for McGinn when we were chasing a winner.. or should have been.

Tyler Durden
31-03-2021, 06:24 PM

Ended that with a goal in his last game.

I like the Scotland team. Would have preferred Armstrong in there but McTominay has been better for us at CB, so can understand if he’s reverted to that.

Think a 2 goal win would be a decent result but hopefully can get a few more.

gbhibby
31-03-2021, 06:25 PM
How **** is that sky coverage? Trying to cover two games at once is painful viewing. The host knows **** all about Northern Ireland and the two pundits know very little about each other’s team. I can’t see them doing that when England are on.
Agree don't like it when they do this.

number9dream
31-03-2021, 06:27 PM
I cant see how Armstrong is not in that starting line up, he's better than McLean and McGregor.

It's the same midfield trio from Clarke's first match, a laboured 2-1 home win over Cyprus.
There was a glaring imbalance that night. I guess we'll see if the manager's plans have progressed since then.
An early goal would be very nice this evening...

Smartie

I like McLean.

McGregor I liked when he broke through and played further forward, not sure about him deeper. He flatters to deceive and I'm not a huge fan.

We'd have no issues with 3 right-sided players playing though, so why not 3 lefties?

J-C
And McTominay in a back 3 again just to shoehorn others into the midfield, those others are McGregor and McLean ffs, getting peed off with his team selections.

Hibernia&Alba
31-03-2021, 06:29 PM
I make a vow right now: of we don't beat these, I will never watch another Scotland game in my life. That will be it.

WeeRussell
Agree don't like it when they do this.

I don’t really see the reason for doing it.. other than saving paying another presenter?! It can’t be because they think it’s a better way of doing it for viewers.

Presumably this will be the protocol for all ‘home nations’ games when playing at the same time, to keep us equal.. apart from England of course.

Smartie
And McTominay in a back 3 again just to shoehorn others into the midfield, those others are McGregor and McLean ffs, getting peed off with his team selections.

I thought Hibs had a great balance when we had Hanlon and Ambrose either side of someone in a 3 - both comfortable on the ball and good coming forward.

Tierney and McTominay might be handy attacking centre backs here. I'm not against it tbh.

FWIW I quite like this team. Not perfect, but lots to like.

WeeRussell
31-03-2021, 06:32 PM
I like McLean.

McGregor I liked when he broke through and played further forward, not sure about him deeper. He flatters to deceive and I'm not a huge fan.

We'd have no issues with 3 right-sided players playing though, so why not 3 lefties?

Yep - I never give the preferred foot of players a second thought unless they are playing out wide.

Allez Hibs
31-03-2021, 06:34 PM

Agreed. A bit like the Paul McGinn tweet.

bingo70
31-03-2021, 06:35 PM

Disagree.

Mctominay will have a license to drive forward and basically become a midfielder at times.

Similarly, Tierney won’t be stuck in central defence, he’ll be driving forward a lot too.

I personally think the team makes complete sense for who we are playing against. The only think I’m not keen on is three lefties in central midfield.

Scorrie
31-03-2021, 06:52 PM
SJM ! Good finish

SteveHFC
Think i’m in love with McGinn.

Squealing pig
Super John mcginn

Billy Whizz
31-03-2021, 06:53 PM
Good positive start and a great move and finish

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2021, 06:54 PM

I dont think thats the case, i think its because we will have so much of the ball he will push on when needed but they are better at going forward than McTominay.

Wull
31-03-2021, 06:54 PM
Nice goal now press on

cabbageandribs1875
31-03-2021, 06:55 PM
we're on the march wae clarky's army
we're going to the Qatar

nah we're probably not, but still :(

Vault Boy
31-03-2021, 06:56 PM
Love that man so much.

CloudSquall
31-03-2021, 06:57 PM
Another million or two added to his value :greengrin

SteveHFC
31-03-2021, 06:58 PM
Love that man so much.

get in the queue.

Brightside
31-03-2021, 06:59 PM
We are so much better when we play an attacking formation. No matter tha opposition. One up top v Israel has been our down fall.

Sir David Gray
31-03-2021, 07:00 PM
Some save from Gordon.

GlesgaeHibby
31-03-2021, 07:04 PM
Some save from Gordon.

Was superb. He'd have saved the Israel goal on Sunday for sure.

31-03-2021, 07:06 PM
Some save from Gordon.

Celtic fans will be watching thinking that would have gone in against Barkas.

AugustaHibs
31-03-2021, 07:16 PM
Time to drop Robertson and play tierney wing back. Far better player and isn’t scared to cross the half way line. He also finds a man in the box when he puts it in

Diclonius
31-03-2021, 07:18 PM
Time to drop Robertson and play tierney wing back. Far better player and isn’t scared to cross the half way line. He also finds a man in the box when he puts it in

Or play a back four with Tierney on the wing.

J-C
31-03-2021, 07:19 PM
Is it only me that's just noticed Gordon kicks with his left foot but throws with his right hand, how have I not seen that before?

Peevemor
31-03-2021, 07:20 PM
Is it only me that's just noticed Gordon kicks with his left but throws with his right, how have I not seen that before?I've never seen anyone throwing a football with one foot.

Diclonius
McTominay should be putting that in.

J-C
Or play a back four with Tierney on the wing.

I suggested that but one of the wise men on the board knocked it on the head as he's never played there before.

Diclonius
31-03-2021, 07:21 PM
I've never seen anyone throwing a football with one foot.

:tee hee:

To be fair, the OP didn't mention a foot.

J-C
31-03-2021, 07:23 PM
:tee hee:

To be fair, the OP didn't mention a foot.

I thought it was plainly obvious hence never mentioned foot or hand, I'll change it in case it confuses more.

Since90+2
31-03-2021, 07:24 PM
Is there a bigger gulf between Scotland and the Faroes or Scotland and England?

AugustaHibs
31-03-2021, 07:25 PM

Scotland and England imo.

Peevemor
31-03-2021, 07:25 PM
Pinched from my English cousin's Facebook - Ella's his 18 year old daughter who has Down syndrome (she's a star!).

I like this song I might do it on my karaoke Saturday.....what is it???

Well Ella, it's the Polish national anthem [emoji2369][emoji15]

Oops, wrong thread but I'll leave it here anyway.

HoboHarry
31-03-2021, 07:26 PM
Is it only me that's just noticed Gordon kicks with his left foot but throws with his right hand, how have I not seen that before?
Both my dad and my daughter are right footed but left handed.....

J-C
31-03-2021, 07:27 PM

Dont know but tbh I'm bored already watching this game, lots of possession with little from it, only good move was the goal.

J-C
31-03-2021, 07:28 PM

I know it's common, just the fact I've seen Gordon for all these years and I've only just noticed it.

cannastar
31-03-2021, 07:31 PM
dull as dishwater performance 1 0 up early but no real drive to add to it. we are playing the faroe islands ffs we should be looking for our fourth by now god help us when we play denmark home or away i fear the worst. this is shaping up to be one of those hands over eyes for the last twenty minutes by the looks of it nothing changes with scotland.

cabbageandribs1875
31-03-2021, 07:33 PM
Moldova 1 Israel 0

make that 1-1 Israel equalise right on HT

Peevemor
31-03-2021, 07:34 PM
Bosnia France 0-0 HT.

Pretty pish TBH.

erin go bragh
1 - 0 , but it’s a hard watch .

CloudSquall
Would be good to add more goals to help our goal difference.

CentreLine
31-03-2021, 07:35 PM
Is it just me or is watching Scotland just the most frustrating pastime. WTF are we playing backwards against this shower for? Surely Clarke has got to hook McGregor and Dykes

Dykes and his hair reminds me of the days when players turned up with white boots on. The comment was always “well if you’re going to wear them fancy boots you’d better be able to play a bit son.”

Tierney has been brilliant by the way

Stuart93
31-03-2021, 07:36 PM
Moldova 1 Israel 0

make that 1-1 Israel equalise right on HT

Convinced we make Israel look half decent every time we play them

cabbageandribs1875
31-03-2021, 07:36 PM
in just a few years time we will be having gigantic tussles with the faroes

bingo70
31-03-2021, 07:37 PM
I thought that was crap.

Tierney is different class but we seem very reliant on a central defender to create anything.

Dykes has been brutal.

Onion
31-03-2021, 07:37 PM
Goal apart, think Scotlands strategy is to bore Faroes into submission. Sky must have paid pennies to get live coverage.

cabbageandribs1875
31-03-2021, 07:38 PM
Convinced we make Israel look half decent every time we play them

i've said both times at hampden Israel were the better side, we needed a penalty iirc from SJM the 2nd last one for a draw, then a penalty save the last one

lord bunberry
31-03-2021, 07:39 PM
Some save from Gordon.
Should’ve caught it.

B.H.F.C
31-03-2021, 07:39 PM
Positive start and pretty poor thereafter.

Some decent enough balls in to the box but we should be better than this with the players we have on the pitch.

Joe6-2
31-03-2021, 07:41 PM
Should’ve caught it.

😂😂😂

weecounty hibby
31-03-2021, 07:41 PM
Only caught the last 15 mins of the first half but duck me that is a side watch. So many sideways and back add a passes. Clarke's set up is boring and negative as ****. He has attacking players in the pitch butchery just look toothless

ShadesLongThrow
31-03-2021, 07:44 PM
I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that Scotland aren't going to win the World Cup.

HoboHarry
31-03-2021, 07:47 PM
I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that Scotland aren't going to win the World Cup.
Phurcken doom merchant.....

Hibrandenburg
31-03-2021, 07:47 PM
Germany getting beat by North Macedonia. No sooner do I become German and their football team becomes *****.

Jim44
31-03-2021, 07:48 PM
Unconvincing lead. Two more goals needed ‘cos they could get one with a sucker punch. How bad is it tho’ when you’re looking over your against a team you should have in your back pocket?

David_D
31-03-2021, 07:50 PM
Lucky it’s not 1-1 after Gordon drops balls at strikers feet.

Sir David Gray
31-03-2021, 07:51 PM
Terrible from Gordon, very fortunate not to concede.

SteveHFC
31-03-2021, 07:54 PM
McGinn and Tierney 🤤

Pretty Boy
A fully fit Tierney is a better player than Robertson. We are lucky to have both but Tierney seems more able to reproduce something resembling his club form for Scotland.

Bristolhibby

My brother is right handed, left footed, catches with his left, then switches to his right to throw.

Weird.

J

Magpie
31-03-2021, 07:56 PM
3 goals for Super John now this campaign, hopefully attracting attention from a few clubs 💰

cabbageandribs1875
31-03-2021, 07:57 PM
SJM is a ******* goal machine

Jim44
31-03-2021, 07:57 PM
McGinn again ...... this wee guy could go far.:greengrin

calumhibee1
31-03-2021, 07:58 PM
A fully fit Tierney is a better player than Robertson. We are lucky to have both but Tierney seems more able to reproduce something resembling his club form for Scotland.

Robertson is so poor for Scotland in comparison to his club performances. I would genuinely consider not playing him.

Onion
31-03-2021, 07:59 PM
SJM showing he was good enough to get onto the Celtic bench :thumbsup:

Allez Hibs
How much better for Scotland is Kieran Tierney than Andy Robertson.

BILLYHIBS
Celtic probably would have won 10 in a row if they didnae try tae take the piss over the asking price for SJM

Oh ma aching sides 😃

J-C
31-03-2021, 08:00 PM
Tierney has to be playing further up the pitch more often, he is far superior to Robertson when attacking, you lose that part of his game when playing better teams.

Real Emerald
For some reason Provan seems reluctant to give McGinn much credit. First goal was a great ball in by Tierney that McGinn just helped in. Second goal excellent work by Tierney which was a perfect height for McGinn. I’m maybe over picky but I utterly can’t stand Provan.

SteveHFC
3-0.

Game, Set, Match.

Crunchie
McGinn again ...... this wee guy could go far.:greengrin
A jambo pal of mine always laughed when I bigged up SJM, I told him he'd be a Scotland and Man United legend, I'm halfway there :greengrin

Diclonius
Supper Jone Magennis

cabbageandribs1875
3-0 new man adams :)

Allez Hibs
31-03-2021, 08:01 PM
Celtic probably would have won 10 in a row if they didnae try tae take the piss over the asking price for SJM

Oh ma aching sides 😃

Agreed, and had their captain and centre of midfield for the next 10 years. Not complaining 😂

Onion
31-03-2021, 08:01 PM
Good strike 3-0 :aok:

Diclonius
31-03-2021, 08:02 PM
Great goal from Adams.

Pretty Boy
Good goal by Adams there. Head up and willing to take the shot on.

cabbageandribs1875
Moldova 1 Israel 2

B.H.F.C
31-03-2021, 08:03 PM
Adams is an improvement up front. Dykes did all right when he first came in but Adams is a step up.

Stuart93
31-03-2021, 08:04 PM
Surely nisbet gets a run out here

AH

SteveHFC
Nisbet coming on :hyper

cabbageandribs1875
Austria 0 Denmark 1

Joe6-2
31-03-2021, 08:06 PM
Nisbet about to come on

CmoantheHibs
31-03-2021, 08:06 PM
Cmon Nissy grab yersel an international goal.

Magpie
31-03-2021, 08:07 PM
Denmark are flying. 2-0

SJNB Hibby
31-03-2021, 08:07 PM
germany still losing---if they dont score they will be 3rd tonight behind Armenia and North Macedonia

WhileTheChief..
31-03-2021, 08:08 PM
3 goals for Super John now this campaign, hopefully attracting attention from a few clubs 💰

Puts him on 11 for Scotland I think, inside the top 20 of all time.

Could he be the first player since Laurie Reilly to break through 20?

Legend :cb

Crunchie
31-03-2021, 08:09 PM
Good goal by Adams there. Head up and willing to take the shot on.
Cracking strike, looking forward to seeing a lot more of him. I'd never heard of him until a few weeks ago

Onion
31-03-2021, 08:10 PM
Nisbet on.

Bristolhibby
31-03-2021, 08:10 PM
Nisbet on! Goan yersel son!

J

Sir David Gray
31-03-2021, 08:11 PM
4-0

Bristolhibby
Shortest guy on the pitch scores!

4-0

cabbageandribs1875
Puts him on 11 for Scotland I think, inside the top 20 of all time.

Could he be the first player since Laurie Reilly to break through 20?

Legend :cb

seeing as he is indeed a legend lets call him Lawrie :)

anyways... 4-0 :) we're cruising

Diclonius
31-03-2021, 08:12 PM
Ah, a big Scotland win. Few and far between and all the more enjoyable for it.

Onion
4-0. Just keep getting the ball out to the left.

cabbageandribs1875
Austria 0 Denmark 3

Moldova 1 Israel 4

good results for both of them

Diclonius
31-03-2021, 08:14 PM
Austria 0 Denmark 3

Moldova 1 Israel 4

Austria are the target, Denmark pulling away already.

cabbageandribs1875
31-03-2021, 08:15 PM
Austria are the target, Denmark pulling away already.

i really didn't expect that scoreline, and i was very impressed with Austria v us

Vault Boy
31-03-2021, 08:17 PM
Really enjoyed this second half. Adams is a great addition to the team, McGinn is a superstar, and Tierney is realising his full potential - which I honestly doubted he would.

Superb moment for Kevin Nisbet, delighted for him.

31-03-2021, 08:17 PM
Nisbet will be disappointed he didn't time his run a bit better. Still 15 mins to get a goal though.🤞

cabbageandribs1875
31-03-2021, 08:21 PM
https://i.ibb.co/8XJSTp2/Nisbet.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

cabbageandribs1875
31-03-2021, 08:23 PM
Austria 0 Denmark 4 wow

Jim44
31-03-2021, 08:23 PM
Nisbet will be disappointed he didn't time his run a bit better. Still 15 mins to get a goal though.🤞

A goal would be good but I would settle for him getting some time on the ball.

Magpie
31-03-2021, 08:25 PM
Austria 0 Denmark 4 wow

Will win the group comfortably. Austria not looking as good as they should be is a good sign though. Although with there being about 6 months until the next round of fixtures it gives them plenty of time to recover. 2nd with 7 games to go, could be a lot worse for Scotland.

BILLYHIBS
31-03-2021, 08:27 PM
Che Evans ....Davie Provan

Dearie me !

Northernhibee
31-03-2021, 08:27 PM
The way McBurnie wears his socks annoys me.

Hibeesforever
31-03-2021, 08:28 PM
Nisbet needs to stay onside...

SteveHFC
31-03-2021, 08:28 PM
Germany losing.

Stuart93
31-03-2021, 08:30 PM
I’m no sure nisbet’s been onside since he’s came on

Sir David Gray
31-03-2021, 08:31 PM
Germany losing.

Wow!

cabbageandribs1875
31-03-2021, 08:31 PM
Will win the group comfortably. Austria not looking as good as they should be is a good sign though. Although with there being about 6 months until the next round of fixtures it gives them plenty of time to recover. 2nd with 7 games to go, could be a lot worse for Scotland.

i'm hoping we could take a point of them at Hampden, other than that i can't see where on earth they are going to drop any other points, if they do beat us both games they could win the group with full points, i'm assuming some country has done that in the past

cabbageandribs1875
31-03-2021, 08:32 PM
it's a pity for nisbet we decided to take the foot of the pedal just after he came on

Malthibby
Totals are updated after each game.

Player
Goals
First
Latest

Kenny Dalglish (https://www.11v11.com/players/kenny-dalglish-21484/)

15 Nov 1972
14 Nov 1984

Denis Law (https://www.11v11.com/players/denis-law-23029/)

18 Oct 1958
20 May 1972

Hughie Gallacher (https://www.11v11.com/players/hughie-gallacher-45068/)

14 Feb 1925
18 May 1930

Laurie Reilly (https://www.11v11.com/players/laurie-reilly-171581/)

09 Apr 1949
20 Oct 1956

Ally McCoist (https://www.11v11.com/players/ally-mccoist-3411/)

09 Sep 1987
18 Jun 1996

Kenny Miller (https://www.11v11.com/players/kenny-miller-3561/)

29 Mar 2003
14 Aug 2013

Andy N Wilson (https://www.11v11.com/players/andy-n-wilson-172002/)

23 Mar 1919
14 Apr 1923

Mo Johnston (https://www.11v11.com/players/mo-johnston-29181/)

28 Feb 1984
16 Jun 1990

James McFadden (https://www.11v11.com/players/james-mcfadden-11542/)

06 Sep 2003
05 Sep 2009

Robert C Hamilton (https://www.11v11.com/players/robert-c-hamilton-170524/)

25 Mar 1899
06 Mar 1911

Dr John Smith (https://www.11v11.com/players/dr-john-smith-171740/)

05 Apr 1879
15 Mar 1884

Bob McColl (https://www.11v11.com/players/bob-mccoll-46576/)

28 Mar 1896
07 Apr 1900

Billy Steel (https://www.11v11.com/players/billy-steel-27306/)

18 May 1947
12 May 1951

Alan Gilzean (https://www.11v11.com/players/alan-gilzean-26878/)

11 Apr 1964
22 Oct 1969

John Collins (https://www.11v11.com/players/john-collins-195/)

17 Feb 1988
05 Oct 1999

Joe Jordan (https://www.11v11.com/players/joe-jordan-26132/)

26 Sep 1973
22 Jun 1982

Billy Liddell (https://www.11v11.com/players/billy-liddell-28015/)

02 Feb 1946
19 May 1955

Paul McStay (https://www.11v11.com/players/paul-mcstay-171268/)

17 Oct 1984
18 Jun 1992

Steven Naismith (https://www.11v11.com/players/steven-naismith-41896/)

12 Oct 2010
19 Nov 2019

George Ker (https://www.11v11.com/players/george-ker-170756/)

13 Mar 1880
25 Mar 1882

Steven Fletcher (https://www.11v11.com/players/steven-fletcher-42056/)

01 Apr 2009
17 Nov 2018

Bobby Collins (https://www.11v11.com/players/bobby-collins-29294/)

19 May 1957
27 May 1959

Jackie Mudie (https://www.11v11.com/players/jackie-mudie-27972/)

21 Nov 1956
11 Jun 1958

Ralph Brand (https://www.11v11.com/players/ralph-brand-169859/)

09 Nov 1960
02 May 1962

Colin Stein (https://www.11v11.com/players/colin-stein-31977/)

11 Dec 1968
21 Sep 1969

Bobby Johnstone (https://www.11v11.com/players/bobby-johnstone-36007/)

14 Apr 1951
09 Nov 1955

Davie Wilson (https://www.11v11.com/players/davie-wilson-172005/)

15 Apr 1961
27 May 1965

Archie Gemmill (https://www.11v11.com/players/archie-gemmill-34670/)

13 Oct 1971
26 Mar 1980

John McGinn (https://www.11v11.com/players/john-mcginn-251729/)

06 Sep 2019
25 Mar 2021

Before his latest exploits and remember, most of these guys are strikers....SJM indeed. :agree:

Sir David Gray
Nisbet booked.

cabbageandribs1875
31-03-2021, 08:33 PM
yellow card for nisbet :rolleyes: well that was stupid

scottish_sleepy
31-03-2021, 08:34 PM
The last 15 minutes have been murder. 4 up and no drive to get more. Backwards and sideways all the time. Palmers touched it twice I think and both times just hits it back to where it came from. Mind you it's not often we score 4 against anyone so maybe shouldn't be too critical

Jim44
31-03-2021, 08:34 PM
Daft booking for Nisbet.

Onion
31-03-2021, 08:36 PM
Good result but duller than dishwater.
Nisbet hardly touched the ball in 23 mins, next to no service with the ball spending most time along the back 4. McBurnie at least went looking to get involved.

EI255
Well played Nisbet. Outstanding game [emoji122]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Jim44
Pleased for McGinn as MOM but I thought Tierney was outstanding.

EI255
31-03-2021, 08:37 PM
Good result but duller than dishwater.
Nisbet hardly touched the ball in 23 mins, next to no service with the ball spending most time along the back 4. McBurnie at least went looking to get involved.Must be the only player who can remanufacture his shorts so they are half the length. Bizarre stuff from the big man.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

CentreLine
31-03-2021, 08:38 PM
That was better but we took the foot off the gas. Two strikers on the park looking for their first goal and we fanny about tippy tappy at the back. 😡

Magpie
31-03-2021, 08:38 PM
i'm hoping we could take a point of them at Hampden, other than that i can't see where on earth they are going to drop any other points, if they do beat us both games they could win the group with full points, i'm assuming some country has done that in the past

Scotland’s next game is away to Denmark, would be huge to get something there. With Austria and Israel playing Moldova and Faroe Islands it will probably see Scotland knocked down a few places.

weecounty hibby
31-03-2021, 08:41 PM
Backwards sideways sideways backwards backwards backwards sideways some more bit more backwards. The players must be told to play that way, safe, low risk, low return football. 4-0 up at home and we must have played it along the back four 20 times in the last 10/15 minutes. Clarke's teams are painful to watch and to think folk criticise Jack Ross's style! Kevin would have been as well not coming on for the chance he had to get in the ball

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2021, 08:41 PM

:agree:
Tierney is a better player than Robertson is, he can defend, he can attack and he can create better. I really believe Tierney could play for the best teams in Europe.

WeeRussell
31-03-2021, 08:42 PM
For some reason Provan seems reluctant to give McGinn much credit. First goal was a great ball in by Tierney that McGinn just helped in. Second goal excellent work by Tierney which was a perfect height for McGinn. I’m maybe over picky but I utterly can’t stand Provan.

You might be overly picky - but 3 games with Provan in one week has been enough for me too!

weecounty hibby
31-03-2021, 08:43 PM
Agree about Tierney, superb player who could play for any team and probably in a number of positions. Great athlete with a tremendous turn of pace

WeeRussell
31-03-2021, 08:43 PM
Tierney is a better player than Robertson is, he can defend, he can attack and he can create better. I really believe Tierney could play for the best teams in Europe.

Now no question he’s the more important player for us. Hope he stays fully fit between now and June!!

Paul1642
31-03-2021, 08:46 PM
Scotland’s next game is away to Denmark, would be huge to get something there. With Austria and Israel playing Moldova and Faroe Islands it will probably see Scotland knocked down a few places.

That’s true. A draw would even be great. Israel host Austria the game week following whilst we host Moldova. Would be great to finish that game in second place (going into Austria away).

plhibs
31-03-2021, 08:48 PM
That was better but we took the foot off the gas. Two strikers on the park looking for their first goal and we fanny about tippy tappy at the back. 😡

Agree with that, i was shouting at the T.V. Give the guys a chance to show what they can do or at least try to pad our G.D. when we have the chance.:confused:

Pretty Boy
31-03-2021, 08:49 PM
I quite enjoyed the 2nd half.

Got the job done then took our foot off the gas. I don't really have any issue with the way we played for the last 25 minutes. Knocked the ball about fairly well, kept possession, probed when there was an opportunity to do so and didn't do anything daft. You can argue we didn't have much to worry about so should have went for the jugular but I'm not really sure there was much merit in doing so.

We needed a win, we got a comfortable one and Austria dropping points means it is a decent night all round.

cabbageandribs1875
31-03-2021, 08:49 PM

back to fourth i predict

Greencore
31-03-2021, 09:24 PM
Does KN playing for Scotland effect the celtic clause 😂😂🤣🤣🤣

Hibernia&Alba
31-03-2021, 09:24 PM
Okay, it's 'only' the Faroe Islands (very underappreciated side :greengrin) but how often do we score four these day? Come on, we'll take that.

Sir David Gray
31-03-2021, 09:26 PM

Yep we really need to almost break the group down into three chunks - Denmark will probably run away with things, Moldova and the Faroes will probably only take points from each other and then there's Scotland, Israel and Austria in a mini section all trying to finish second.

So far it's;

Scotland - 2 points from 2 games
Austria - 1 point from 1 game
Israel - 1 point from 1 game

Barring a shock win over Denmark and/or Israel or Austria dropping points to the bottom two, we really need to beat Israel at home (doable) and Austria away (unlikely) and draws between Israel and Austria would be good too.

I really think those first two draws have killed us but we'll see.

PatHead
31-03-2021, 09:40 PM
Does KN playing for Scotland effect the celtic clause 😂😂🤣🤣🤣

Not sure but I am guessing that we will have to pay an add on for his first cap.

bingo70
31-03-2021, 09:41 PM
Yep we really need to almost break the group down into three chunks - Denmark will probably run away with things, Moldova and the Faroes will probably only take points from each other and then there's Scotland, Israel and Austria in a mini section all trying to finish second.

So far it's;

Scotland - 2 points from 2 games
Austria - 1 point from 1 game
Israel - 1 point from 1 game

Barring a shock win over Denmark and/or Israel or Austria dropping points to the bottom two, we really need to beat Israel at home (doable) and Austria away (unlikely) and draws between Israel and Austria would be good too.

I really think those first two draws have killed us but we'll see.

How did Denmark become so good?

Looking at their team tonight they’ve got lots of good players but not many superstars.

Ericsson at club level isn’t the same player he was a few years ago. Braithwaite gets slated for Barca and flopped at Boro.

Other than them, they’ve got the boy at the back that plays for Milan but they’re not the side they once were.

They’re clearly a very very good side, they don’t seem to be ‘that’ good on paper though.

I don’t watch much champions league though so there’s every chance they’re full of superstars, I just don’t know them.

Sir David Gray
31-03-2021, 10:00 PM

Looking at their team tonight they’ve got lots of good players but not many superstars.

Ericsson at club level isn’t the same player he was a few years ago. Braithwaite gets slated for Barca and flopped at Boro.

Other than them, they’ve got the boy at the back that plays for Milan but they’re not the side they once were.

They’re clearly a very very good side, they don’t seem to be ‘that’ good on paper though.

I don’t watch much champions league though so there’s every chance they’re full of superstars, I just don’t know them.

No superstars as such but they do have a squad littered with players who play at a very high level;

Schmeichel - Leicester
Maehle - Atalanta
Christensen - Chelsea
Kjaer - AC Milan
Wass - Valencia
Delaney - Borussia Dortmund
Hojbjerg - Tottenham
Poulsen - Leipzig
Eriksen - Inter Milan
Braithwaite - Barcelona

Paul1642
31-03-2021, 10:14 PM

I agree I have been surprised at how good they are so had a deeper look at their squad. Their starting 11 tonight play for Leicester, Valencia, AC Milan, Chelsea, Atalanta, Dortmund, Spurs, Leipzig, Inter, Barca and Copenhagen.

Meanwhile we have more players form non top division clubs than we do champions league teams. Gonna be a big ask to take any points from them.

Paul1642
31-03-2021, 10:15 PM
No superstars as such but they do have a squad littered with players who play at a very high level;

Schmeichel - Leicester
Maehle - Atalanta
Christensen - Chelsea
Kjaer - AC Milan
Wass - Valencia
Hojbjerg - Tottenham
Poulsen - Leipzig
Eriksen - Inter Milan
Braithwaite - Barcelona

Beat me to it

BroxburnHibee
31-03-2021, 10:33 PM
Tierney will be captain of Arsenal pretty soon I would think.

I agree he could fit in any team in Europe now.

Truly world class.

theonlywayisup
01-04-2021, 12:19 AM
Since June 2019, the only European midfielder to score more international goals than McGinn (10) is Georginio Wijnaldum for the Netherlands (11).

hhibs
01-04-2021, 12:38 AM
Agree with that, i was shouting at the T.V. Give the guys a chance to show what they can do or at least try to pad our G.D. when we have the chance.:confused:

Me too ,really ,really, annoying and frustrating.

Liberal Hibby
01-04-2021, 12:50 AM
Since June 2019, the only European midfielder to score more international goals than McGinn (10) is Georginio Wijnaldum for the Netherlands (11).

poolman
01-04-2021, 03:29 AM
You might be overly picky - but 3 games with Provan in one week has been enough for me too!

Provan's a great commentator

At one point in the game v Austria it was 1-1 and he came out with " this game could go either way "

I would never have thought that one out 🙄

HoboHarry
01-04-2021, 03:51 AM
Provan's a great commentator

At one point in the game v Austria it was 1-1 and he came out with " this game could go either way "

I would never have thought that one out 🙄
I can only aspire to reach his intellectual level. It'll never happen though, the wife is far too gentle a soul to strike me repeatedly on the head with a large rock......

JimBHibees
01-04-2021, 06:03 AM

Schmeichel - Leicester
Maehle - Atalanta
Christensen - Chelsea
Kjaer - AC Milan
Wass - Valencia
Hojbjerg - Tottenham
Poulsen - Leipzig
Eriksen - Inter Milan
Braithwaite - Barcelona

Yep very strong physically and technically. Watched against Israel and real determination and desire about them. Impressive without being amazing and a strong team unit. Eriiksen provides that bit of quality.

JimBHibees
01-04-2021, 06:08 AM
I quite enjoyed the 2nd half.

Got the job done then took our foot off the gas. I don't really have any issue with the way we played for the last 25 minutes. Knocked the ball about fairly well, kept possession, probed when there was an opportunity to do so and didn't do anything daft. You can argue we didn't have much to worry about so should have went for the jugular but I'm not really sure there was much merit in doing so.

We needed a win, we got a comfortable one and Austria dropping points means it is a decent night all round.

Agree with this a good result and you also need to take into account thtree games in 6 days plus long travel to Israel in between. 4 0 is more than I thought we would win by. Disappointing game for me was the Israel one as the late subs weakened us when we should imo been powering on for three points. In saying that Austria will also struggle in Israel who will rightly think they also have a shot at 2nd.

calumhibee1
01-04-2021, 07:07 AM

Schmeichel - Leicester
Maehle - Atalanta
Christensen - Chelsea
Kjaer - AC Milan
Wass - Valencia
Hojbjerg - Tottenham
Poulsen - Leipzig
Eriksen - Inter Milan
Braithwaite - Barcelona

Delaney is a very good player and Hojbjerg has been really good for Spurs this year. Poulsen has looked decent when I’ve seen him play in the Champions League and their defence is probably better than any team outwith the proper big nations.

Player for player I’d say their almost out on their own in an area between the likes of Holland/Portugal/England at the bottom of pot one but ahead of most other pot two teams.

The Baldmans Comb
01-04-2021, 07:08 AM
Solid performance by Scotland and did exactly what was required and 4 well crafted and taken goals in international football is to be commended.

Scotland's team picks itself bar 2/3 players and smart management by Clarke to give a few fringe players a start.

The group is shaping up nicely but a big result is going to be required somewhere along the line but that's how it should be.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2021, 07:25 AM

Delaney is a very good player and Hojbjerg has been really good for Spurs this year. Poulsen has looked decent when I’ve seen him play in the Champions League and their defence is probably better than any team outwith the proper big nations.

Player for player I’d say their almost out on their own in an area between the likes of Holland/Portugal/England at the bottom of pot one but ahead of most other pot two teams.

Add in other players like Older Wind (FC Copenhagen), Skov Olsen (Bologna), Stryger Larsen (Udinese) and Damsgaard (Sampdoria) then you have a really strong squad.

DH1875
01-04-2021, 07:29 AM
Solid performance by Scotland and did exactly what was required and 4 well crafted and taken goals in international football is to be commended.

Scotland's team picks itself bar 2/3 players and smart management by Clarke to give a few fringe players a start.

The group is shaping up nicely but a big result is going to be required somewhere along the line but that's how it should be.

No reason we can't get a draw or even the win in Austria.

bingo70
01-04-2021, 07:31 AM
Add in other players like Older Wind (FC Copenhagen), Skov Olsen (Bologna), Stryger Larsen (Udinese) and Damsgaard (Sampdoria) then you have a really strong squad.

40/1 to win the euros.

Maybe a decent outside bet?

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2021, 07:32 AM
I never knew Denmark had so many quality players who played for such decent teams. On paper it will be very difficult for us to get anything against them, but this team do dig in and have given us some good results recently.

Hibernian Verse
01-04-2021, 07:43 AM
I never knew Denmark had so many quality players who played for such decent teams. On paper it will be very difficult for us to get anything against them, but this team do dig in and have given us some good results recently.

Hopefully we can bore them into a draw, and maybe nick a winner.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2021, 07:47 AM
Hopefully we can bore them into a draw, and maybe nick a winner.

I'd settle for a draw now.

J-C
01-04-2021, 08:04 AM
Denmark have always had there share of very good players over the years, not bad for a wee country with a population similar to ours. Perter Schmeichel, Brian and Michael Laudrup, Rommendahl, Thomas Helveg, Morten Olsen, Christian Poulsen, Jon Dahl Tomasson, Thomas Gravesen are just a good few of the players I remember playing n top European teams.

Billy Whizz
01-04-2021, 08:12 AM
Denmark have always had there share of very good players over the years, not bad for a wee country with a population similar to ours. Perter Schmeichel, Brian and Michael Laudrup, Rommendahl, Thomas Helveg, Morten Olsen, Christian Poulsen, Jon Dahl Tomasson, Thomas Gravesen are just a good few of the players I remember playing n top European teams.

Just a population of a few hundred thousand more than Scotland

hibsbollah
01-04-2021, 08:19 AM

Older wind? :faf:

Sir David Gray
01-04-2021, 08:22 AM

Dan Agger, Martin Laursen, Martin Jørgensen, Thomas Sørensen, Lars Jacobsen, Nicklas Bendtner and Jesper Grønkjaer just some of their other internationalists over the last 20 years.

J-C
01-04-2021, 08:26 AM
Dan Agger, Martin Laursen, Martin Jørgensen, Thomas Sørensen, Lars Jacobsen, Nicklas Bendtner and Jesper Grønkjaer just some of their other internationalists over the last 20 years.

Exactly, Denmark have developed a hell of a lot of good players over the years, we shouldn't be surprised they beat Austria so easily.

Allez Hibs
01-04-2021, 08:53 AM
Simon Jordan on Talksport, "England under 21s could turn up at Wembley in Euros and beat Scotland".

Smartie
01-04-2021, 08:58 AM

Jan Molby.

I remember going down to Manchester to see Hibs play in the masters football. We were rubbish and got papped out after 1 game but I stayed to watch the rest of the tournament. Molby was playing for Liverpool - even chunkier than when he was actually playing he just stood in the centre circle spraying passes and scoring the odd penalty. Beautiful economy of effort and a class act.

Smartie
01-04-2021, 09:00 AM
Simon Jordan on Talksport, "England under 21s could turn up at Wembley in Euros and beat Scotland".

Shame they couldn’t turn up to better effect against Croatia under 21s then, eh?

Just_Jimmy
01-04-2021, 09:47 AM
Simon Jordan on Talksport, "England under 21s could turn up at Wembley in Euros and beat Scotland".Jordan is a melt who loves the sound of his own voice. despite owning palace, you could write everything he knows about football on the back of a stamp and still have space.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hibernian Verse
01-04-2021, 09:52 AM
Shame they couldn’t turn up to better effect against Croatia under 21s then, eh?

It's no wonder independence is on getting more popular with this kind of dross trotted out on a Uk-wide radio station. The arrogance of some people is astounding.

JimBHibees
01-04-2021, 10:20 AM

After just being pumped out of a tournament they thought they were winning would suggest he doesn't really have a clue.

Tommy75
01-04-2021, 11:14 AM

Schmeichel - Leicester
Maehle - Atalanta
Christensen - Chelsea
Kjaer - AC Milan
Wass - Valencia
Hojbjerg - Tottenham
Poulsen - Leipzig
Eriksen - Inter Milan
Braithwaite - Barcelona

So do Scotland:
Tierney - Arsenal
Robertson- Liverpool
McGinn - Aston Villa
Gordon - Hearts

superfurryhibby
01-04-2021, 11:21 AM
Clarke should be getting more out of the players he has? OK, we qualified for a tournament, but we've also been pretty dire since. Our squad has a lot of players who play at a high level too. Is it asking to much to fashion a side capable of beating Israel and Austria from them?

Sir David Gray
01-04-2021, 11:28 AM
So do Scotland:
Tierney - Arsenal
Robertson- Liverpool
McGinn - Aston Villa
Gordon - Hearts

You had me going there until you mentioned Liverpool. :greengrin

jacomo
01-04-2021, 01:43 PM

I don’t know why anyone would listen to Talksport, unless you enjoy ill informed chat about the usual ‘big’ clubs all the time.

Still I would like to see this tie happen. England U21s would be in tears by the end.

jacomo
01-04-2021, 01:44 PM
Clarke should be getting more out of the players he has? OK, we qualified for a tournament, but we've also been pretty dire since. Our squad has a lot of players who play at a high level too. Is it asking to much to fashion a side capable of beating Israel and Austria from them?

Given the depths from which we have risen, Clarke is doing a decent job imo.

Iggy Pope
01-04-2021, 03:03 PM
After just being pumped out of a tournament they thought they were winning would suggest he doesn't really have a clue.

His overall complexion would hint at that.

Iggy Pope
01-04-2021, 03:05 PM

Never heard of any of ‘em.

truehibernian
01-04-2021, 03:35 PM
I was shown a couple of posts by an apparent 'ITKer' on our neighbours forum about John McGinn...........apparently SJM is still in Harry Cochrane and Milinkovic's pocket after a derby game and his overall view is SJM isn't very good :faf::faf::faf::faf:

That'll be the pockets young Harry is fumbling about in when he's on the subs bench on a cold weekend in Montrose, and the Frenchman whose had more clubs than Tiger Woods and played 24 times in 3 years scoring a solitary goal :faf:

Just lucky SJM wriggled his way out of those incredibly deep pockets to play two seasons in the EPL, guide Scotland to the Euros and scored 10 in 23 competitive caps, and put himself on the radar of top European clubs since then eh :greengrin

Absolute banger :aok: but crack on son :faf:

Jim44
01-04-2021, 09:23 PM
I was shown a couple of posts by an apparent 'ITKer' on our neighbours forum about John McGinn...........apparently SJM is still in Harry Cochrane and Milinkovic's pocket after a derby game and his overall view is SJM isn't very good :faf::faf::faf::faf:

That'll be the pockets young Harry is fumbling about in when he's on the subs bench on a cold weekend in Montrose, and the Frenchman whose had more clubs than Tiger Woods and played 24 times in 3 years scoring a solitary goal :faf:

Just lucky SJM wriggled his way out of those incredibly deep pockets to play two seasons in the EPL, guide Scotland to the Euros and scored 10 in 23 competitive caps, and put himself on the radar of top European clubs since then eh :greengrin

Absolute banger :aok: but crack on son :faf:

Another muppet pipes up, in all seriousness, that McGinn wouldn’t get a place in Hearts’ midfield at present.

cabbageandribs1875
01-04-2021, 09:29 PM
Older wind? :faf:

when did he break into the side